Team Romney sets GOP fundraising record in June

posted at 6:01 pm on July 5, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

After outraising the DNC and the Obama money machine in May, raising $77 million to their $60 million, Team Romney is still hauling in the campaign cash, far surpassing their own monthly personal best for June. Even without the eleventh-hour donations after the Supreme Court’s ObamaCare ruling last week, it looks like the Romney camp and the RNC are steadily raking it in.

The Romney campaign, along with its Romney Victory fund, raised more than $100 million in June, obliterating the campaign’s goal and setting the one-month record for any Republican campaign, according to a GOP official.

Now-President Barack Obama raised $150 million as he was surging in September 2008, the record month for any campaign. …

The Romney campaign says much of the June haul came from new donors, with states from coast to coast out-performing their targets.

Obama’s fundraising numbers aren’t out yet, but regardless, I’m sure we’re now going to be a treated to more lectures from liberals, lamenting the undue influence of the wealthy and super-PACs in politics. It’s funny how Obama had no problem accepting Wall Street money in 2008, and has dropped in on more celebrity fundraisers than you could shake a stick at, and has yet to issue a cease-and-desist order to his own pro-Obama super-PAC; apparently, he alone possesses the wisdom to know what is and isn’t a moral amount of money to accept from wealthy donors.

In response to the news, the Obama campaign press secretary Ben LaBolt issued this statement to Politico:

“Mitt Romney is trying to distract from a week when he took contradictory positions on the freeloader penalty in the Affordable Care Act and we learned more about his offshored finances in Switzerland, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands.”

Really? Mitt Romney’s contradictory positions? The Democrats are busily insisting that the individual mandate is most definitively a penalty, not a tax, while their own lawyer argued in court that the mandate could be upheld under Congress’s taxing power. And since his initial response after the ruling, President Obama has been mighty silent about the whole affair.

Despite all the justifications and excuses that are sure to come, I’m going to take this as a victory: We’ve only just passed June, and already people are fired up enough over President Obama’s failed policies that they’re willing to donate their hard-earned cash. We’re already giving Team Obama’s formidable fundraising capabilities a run for their money — and it feels so good. Bazinga!

An RNC political director proffered this humble tweet this afternoon:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

…JugEars money is all under the table yet!

KOOLAID2 on July 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM

As I said in the headlines – Holy Crap!

gophergirl on July 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Now he needs to start sharpening the knives with that loot!

ParisParamus on July 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM

What a creepy tweet bro. Guaranteed Barry raised more bro.

What a sad sack of frat creeps.

tommyhawk on July 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

No amount is too much if it leads to getting rid of this POS and his cronies!

gsherin on July 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Now he needs to start sharpening the knives with that loot!

ParisParamus on July 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM

1) stick the knife in
2) twist the knife
3) break it off

GhoulAid on July 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM

The democratics’ favorite Nazi stooge George Soros will cancel the difference with a single check shortly. To him it’s just peanuts compared to what he can make off of little Bammie.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

…the freeloader penalty…

Oh yeah, you just keep pushing that talking point LaBolt. I’m sure all those illegals and low income people who get free healthcare will love being referred to as “freeloaders.”

Question is, will anyone on the right pick up on it?

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Now he needs to start sharpening the knives with that loot!

ParisParamus on July 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM

And deliver some sharp messages that will make squishy Indies want to vote for Romney.

Steve Z on July 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I wonder if throwing money at Romney will make him more conservative?

portlandon on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

This month was the first time that I donated!

ArmyAunt on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I wonder if throwing money at Romney will make him more conservative?

portlandon on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Well he’s certainly more “Conservative” than Obama..

sandee on July 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Glad to have been a small part of that and it’s very encouraging that Romney’s fundraising has increased @ 1/3 in just one month.

However, unlike that RNC guy, I wouldn’t get too cocky until Obama’s figures are reported.

beancounter on July 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

…the freeloader penalty…

Question is, will anyone on the right pick up on it?

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Speaking of:

(gallup)Americans See More Economic Harm Than Good in Health Law

Chip on July 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM

He is a good business man.

tomas on July 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

This month was the first time that I donated!

ArmyAunt on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I had made token donations in the past, maybe $10 to a campaign here and there. This is the first time I made a substantial donation (three digits) to a Presidential campaign in my life. It is just that important to get Obama out of the WH.

I had been on a donation boycott of the RNC until this year, I have also made substantial donations to the RNC for the first time in two decades. Again, it is that important to get the Democrats out of the Senate.

We absolutely MUST get these people out before they wreck our country. Not only are they on the wrong path, but they are completely corrupt. We must get rid of them.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Ben LaBolt is going to be the newest ‘gift that keeps on giving’.

Every time this guy opens his mouth, he ends up the fool.

GarandFan on July 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Love the tweet!!!

Its time we plan strategy on playing hardball via candidate Romney, his high profile
supporters on radio, tv, internet blogs, etc. along with his
voters.

Keep things on a casual slower pace for now, then ramp it up
6-8 weeks prior to the election. Go for the jugular and don’t take
prisoners!!

Amjean on July 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I bought a bumper sticker from Romney after Judas Roberts’ betrayal.

Lawdawg86 on July 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I wonder if throwing money at Romney will make him more conservative?

portlandon on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Well he’s certainly more “Conservative” than Obama..

sandee on July 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Trotsky was more “Conservative” than Obama..

Chip on July 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

What a creepy tweet bro. Guaranteed Barry raised more bro.

What a sad sack of frat creeps.

tommyhawk on July 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Trolling is hard. Especially on bath salts.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM

“Mitt Romney is trying to distract from a week …..

brother please….

the distraction campaign itself…

cmsinaz on July 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Trotsky was more “Conservative” than Obama..

Chip on July 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

And we know what happened to Trotsky.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM

No amount is too much if it leads to getting rid of this POS and his cronies!

gsherin on July 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM

amen

cmsinaz on July 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM

…the freeloader penalty…

I wonder how many other Americans find that as offensive as I do. When I was in my 20s and early 30s, I did not purchase health insurance, because I was young and healthy. Whatever medical costs I did incur, I paid in full in cash. I was NOT a freeloader. I was a light consumer of health care and not a consumer of health insurance.

This is very commonplace among young, healthy adults. Yet the left acts like this situation is rare or does not exist.

Sadly, young and healthy adults no longer have the option, and are derided by the left for wanting it.

stvnscott on July 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Trolling is hard. Especially on bath salts.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:23 PM

…and smoking K2!

KOOLAID2 on July 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM

That’s a lot of scrilla, right there.

JohnGalt23 on July 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

$100 Million large…?

… Then where is the Death Star?

Seven Percent Solution on July 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

he got nuthin’ from me!

Pragmatic on July 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM

It’s politics. Both parties to a certain extend are going to be hypocritical and full of crap.

The bottom line is, which party will deliver the results you want? Clearly not the Democrats.

mitchellvii on July 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Dem/liberal response: “That’s unfair!”

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

he got nuthin’ from me!

Pragmatic on July 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Why would we expect donations from Democrats in the first place?

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I wonder if throwing money at Romney will make him more conservative?

portlandon on July 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Well he’s certainly more “Conservative” than Obama..

sandee on July 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Trotsky was more “Conservative” than Obama..

Chip on July 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Well then sit home with your thumb up your ass come November and let Obama win. Really. What will you have accomplished? Nothing, unless of course getting Obama a second term is the whole idea.

I read this today and I thought it was apt:

I expect the left and the usual MSM sources to compare Romney to Dukakis and Dole and whoever else is thought of as a loser. I expected the harshest of criticism from the other candidates during the Republican primaries, and we got it. I most definitely expect it from Obama and Axelrod and the rest of the administration shills. And I expect them all to distort what Romney says in order to put the worst possible light on it. And I expect the right to criticize Romney as well, but I don’t expect that sort of distortion and hyperbole from the right, not when we’re in the fight of our lives.

But then again, remember:

Republicans, They Thirst for Death.

Terrye on July 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

This regime is unbelievable. Back when they were “debating” Obamacare, all we heard was about the 15-60 million (Obama said a different number almost every time he gave a speech!)unfortunate souls who didn’t have health care. We just had to pass Obama Care to get these poor exploited people coverage. Now that Roberts called the mandate a tax these people are freeloaders! Wonder how the Obamabots are going to react to being called freeloaders. Wait…..they are freeloaders, Never mind.

Talon29 on July 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM

That’s just chump change, no big deal Obama will raise more, you just wait and see.

Sincerely

ddrintn

renalin

riddick

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Guaranteed Barry raised more bro.

tommyhawk on July 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Because June is traditionally the busiest month for weddings?

bayview on July 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Dem/liberal response: “That’s unfair!”

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Obama raising $750 mil to McCain’s $250 Mil in 2008: Awesome!

Mitt outraising King Barry by a few bucks: out of touch! One percent!1!

Unions donating unlimited funds to Democrats: Democracy in action!

Corporations making political contributions: Monied interests!1!

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

mitchellvii on July 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM

The GOP will betray you. Progressives are well-served by their party. Conservatives are not. We must be vigilant and constantly hold their feet to the fire for the favor of electing them.

stvnscott on July 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Don’t forget that Soros can only donate untold millions to Obama’s SuperPac, which Romney’s SuperPAC is outraising 4 to 1.

Don’t also forget that Sheldon Adelson is poised to contribute $100 million to defeat Obama, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Adelson donates even more should Soros step up to the plate. Adelson is worth over $25 billion.

Firecracker729 on July 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

What excitement to vote for establishment! Let’s keep being part of the problem!

Dante on July 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM

But then again, remember:

Republicans, They Thirst for Death.

I wouldn’t read much into criticism you see in blog comments. I would say about 25% of them in the trollbait threads are Democrat trolls. Just keep in mind that the whole Moby game was invented by Democrats and they have actually paid people to perform that function (which is why they often accuse people on the right of being paid to post comments; because they do it, they assume everyone else does).

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Guaranteed Barry raised more bro.

tommyhawk on July 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Because June is traditionally the busiest month for weddings?

bayview on July 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM

And don’t forget all of those graduation gifts!

BacaDog on July 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

cmsinaz on July 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Dante on July 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM

^^example of Democrat troll pretending to be “more conservative than thou”.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I’m giving because this is our last best chance

phillypolitics on July 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I’m voting and donating to Ron Paul, why, because I’m tired of looking at my neighbor’s fence and RP will order all fences torn down.

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

That Rick Wiley guy is kicking Messina’s ass on Twitter.

Messina looks disgusting.

He looks like the guy all the neighbours say “He seemed like a nice guy” after something bad happens. I would not put him in front a camera representing me.

tetriskid on July 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

What about the fence he said would have to be erected to keep US citizens from moving to Mexico?

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

No, he just checked out early. For most of us, this is the Republican Party’s last chance to get it right. If Mitt and his merry band of (R) Congresscritters fail to turn this nation back to limited gov’t and liberty by just tweaking Obamacare, we won’t be part of the problem any longer and give money to a worthy third party.

Decoski on July 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I call bull. I am willing to bet you plan on voting for Obama and simply plant posts like that hoping to validate someone’s decision to vote for Ron Paul in order to take a vote away from Romney and get Obama elected.

If you are not voting for Romney, then you are voting for Obama because a vote for Paul at this pont *IS* a vote for Obama and you know that darned well.

If you sincerely believe that crap, why are you in here posting it instead of posting it at Daily Kos, Democratic Underground or even an Independent blog? Why are you posting that drivel here? Because you are *hoping* to help Obama in the best way you can, if you can’t get people to vote for Obama, then maybe you can get people not to vote for Romney.

Troll.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Firecracker729 on July 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Bullcrap. Soros buys a few million prepaid credit cards for 50$ each, opens a phone bank in a lawless area like Gaza, presto, hundreds of millions of dollars in small untraceable donations right into little Bammie’s campaign. Happened in 2008.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Troll.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Oh boy, now you’ve done it.

Ever hear of “bishing”?

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

You caught a fighter Bishop.

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Troll.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Seriously?

You can’t be this dense?

sharrukin on July 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Well if your neighbor looks like Kate Upton I wouldn’t want a fence to block that view. She was on the cover of GQ this month and I did a double take, one for each (.)

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Caught a couple, eh?

INC on July 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Doesn’t make sense to say a border fence would be used to enslave Americans while also saying we need a fence to keep us from leaving.

Then again this is Ron Paul we’re talking about.

Eh, at least he doesn’t eat dog meat like TFGRP.

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Well, yeah, I know this news is supposed to make us happy or somrthing…. But for some reason I am not feeling it.

I’ve never doubted Romney’s ability to raise money or run an efficient campaign, nor do I think those qualities are paramount to beating Obama.

There are other areas where Romney desperately needs improvement, and so far I am not seeing it.

Norwegian on July 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM”

Same thing happened with the Chinese and Clinton. Millions were shipped in and you had people making minimum wage on welfare in California making $50 donations to Clinton.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM

…the freeloader penalty…

stvnscott on July 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM

The only real “freeloaders”, the people that go to ER for everything and are able to walk away without a care, are illegal aliens. The rest of them pay cash someway, somehow.

Since the proggies get so upset with the label “illegal aliens”, maybe we should be calling them “freeloaders”, since their use of the term we can assume signals acceptance.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM

So,One -Hundred Million Dollars in Campaign Loot,
and it appears,that Patriotic Americans has becomee fashionable once again,

and Socialist Pinko Progressive’s have become Out of political Fashion,Out Of Touch,and UnPatriotic,

Oh what a Totalitarian Four Years does make of HopeLessNess/
ChangeLessNess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Oh boy, now you’ve done it.

Ever hear of “bishing”?

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM

What is that?

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Seriously?

You can’t be this dense?

sharrukin on July 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Dense? A vote for Paul at this point IS a vote for Obama. Can you possibly explain how throwing away a vote for someone who has a chance to beat Obama on someone why will likely not get 1% of votes in any way accomplishes anything except siphoning off votes against Obama?

Anyone voting for Ron Paul at this point is either an Obama supporter in political drag or stupid.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Expect Soros and those pushing the New Morality and Liberation Theology to more than even the score. And, considering the gravity of the offenses against us by O over the last 3 years, I’m astounded it is only $100 million when O himself raised $150 million a month back when. Back to pushing for more money and more time from us all to throw out The One that would fundamentally ruin the United States.

anotherJoe on July 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It’s really tough to parody the Paulista crowd because nothing is too wacky to believe they might actually be seriously saying.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Go, Mitt, go! Jindal and Pawlenty tomorrow in Pittsburgh! Yay! If you go, scratch up a few more bucks for the campaign.

Philly on July 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Bishop:You might as well go ALL THE WAY,and see about those stupid
bird house’s,and a way to prevent Turtles from being strand
ed on Fence Post’s,

er wait,the Fence thingy will address the Post Problem,*sig
h*,nevermind….carry on!!(sarc):)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Obama raising $750 mil to McCain’s $250 Mil in 2008: Awesome!

Mitt outraising King Barry by a few bucks: out of touch! One percent!1!

Unions donating unlimited funds to Democrats: Democracy in action!

Corporations making political contributions: Monied interests!1!

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Bingo!

On the spot.

On the money.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Troll.

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

If you want to win you will vote for Ron Paul. I’m not a troll, merely someone who agrees with Mr. Paul that fences are a first step backward toward the days of Jim Crow.

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

“Mitt Romney is trying to distract from a week when he took contradictory positions on the freeloader penalty in the Affordable Care Act and we learned more about his offshored finances in Switzerland, Bermuda, and he Cayman Islands.”

Ben,

Your own filthy Dems couldn’t keep the freeloader, free rider, and deadbeat terminology straight and on message. Switzerland is a landlocked nation so perhaps offshore isn’t the best way of expressing your disdain of foreign bank accounts even though many of our filthy party’s leaders also have money stashed in Switzerland, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands. But most of all you are backing a dog. It is you who is trying to distract from the reality of that situation. An incumbent should not be in the situation your jug-eared Kenyan boss is in. And you know it. Which is why you issue this idiocy, you are updating your resume and putting out feelers for your next job. But who wants to hire losers like you? I’m happy that you will be able to experience unemployment up close and personal.

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you? It was called “bishing” as only Bishop can do.

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

To enlarge on what JPeterman said: Bishop makes the most outrageous statements in a deadpan comment (i.e., no indication that he doesn’t mean a word he wrote) to see how many will believe he’s serious. In the HA urban dictionary it’s become known as bishing.

INC on July 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Nope. You are a troll backing a racist whose only supporters are potheads.

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Many more Americans are coming to understand the tiny sliver of an opportunity we have to bring back this nation from the point of no return.

Its hard for me to think of my children and grandchildren living or trying to in the permanent poverty of authoritarian tyranny planned for them.

Speakup on July 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM

You caught a fighter Bishop.

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I haven’t seen this much action since the season finale of River Monsters.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

To enlarge on what JPeterman said: Bishop makes the most outrageous statements in a deadpan comment (i.e., no indication that he doesn’t mean a word he wrote) to see how many will beli eve he’s serious. In the HA urban dictionary it’s become known as bishing.

INC on July 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Thank you. Looks like a nice fish fry at Bishop’s tonight ;)

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

You are a troll and a fool. Go ahead. Support a man who WILL NOT WIN and when Obama is reelected and things get much worse, perhaps beyond repair, you can suffer along with the rest of us. But hey, at least you will still have your principles until Obama decides to tax you on that.

Freakin idiot.

jawkneemusic on July 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

This river is well stocked…

Seven Percent Solution on July 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I haven’t seen this much action since the season finale of River Monsters.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

And he’s still reeling them in.

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

USA Today,weighs in!
______________________

2012 elections Romney, Republican National Committee raise more than $100M in June – @usatodayStory
Submitted 23 mins ago from content.usatoday.com by editor

========================================

“I will be outspent”
on June 26, 2012

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

So all of you want to regress to Jim Crow laws? Great, just great. When the government builds a crappy wooden fence around your house and you have no say in what materials are used, you WILL be sorry.

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Freakin idiot.

jawkneemusic on July 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Boom, another keeper!

What time is dinner,Bishop?

JPeterman on July 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

This episode brought to you by the “Mister Twister Curly Tailed Grub”, the best-smelling Crappie lure in the world.

When you think Crappie, think Mr. Twister.

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

crosspatch on July 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM

It’s Bishop, Hot Air’s resident agent provocateur. He doesn’t intend to vote for Ron Paul.

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

And he frequently does it when he detects rabidity amongst the comments for the purpose of underscoring said rabidity.

INC on July 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM

This PROVES Sarah Palin is running.

NickDeringer on July 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

We’re on a hair trigger since the Jeremiah Johnson spam attacks.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Speakup on July 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Opportunity has been America’s biggest legacy to future generations. We owe it to them to drive these socialists out of the public realm in much the same way Christ went out after the money changers.

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

INC on July 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM

And it’s most welcome considering the doom and gloom that’s been going on here for a week. :-)

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Bishop on July 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

This river is well stocked…

Seven Percent Solution on July 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Seven Percent Solution:I bet Bishop knows the source of the river
that flows into his lake,and has minnow-
traps,strategically in place,to nail,er get
the micro-mini trolls……just an observat
-ion!(snark):)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM

We’re on a hair trigger since the Jeremiah Johnson spam attacks.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I think I missed the Jeremiah Johnson spam attacks, or I don’t remember them. What happened?

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM

…the freeloader penalty…

Question is, will anyone on the right pick up on it?

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Isn’t the “freeloader penalty” the hit Americans are taking by Obama preventing ICE deportations of freeloaders?

dominigan on July 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

ding ding ding….

cmsinaz on July 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

dominigan on July 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Good point.

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Erika,

Can we get auto-eject button for those unfamiliar with Bishop?

hillsoftx on July 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Ya know,the hotter it gets,with breaking heat temperature
records in various States,almost has a direct correlation
with Mittens Money Bombs!

Again,jus say’n!!(sarc)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

ding ding ding….

cmsinaz on July 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

cmsinaz:I think voters are awakening!:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM