Quotes of the day

posted at 10:24 pm on July 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), chair of the House Budget Committee–and potential running mate of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney–told Breitbart News this week that the party’s leaders are “absolutely” committed to repealing Obamacare.

“It would have been nice for the Supreme Court to repeal it for us,” he said, “but it’s no harder today than it was the day before the decision. We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”

***

Earlier this week, according to WHAS-TV in Louisville, you predicted that it will be “a lot harder” to repeal President Obama’s health-care law. Why is that the case?

Well, I don’t know how they got that comment out of what I had to say. Let me give you my view, clearly and unambiguously. Repeal of Obamacare will be the first item up in the Senate if I am majority leader. If we have a president who will sign the bill, we will do everything we can to get it off the books, and we’ll be looking for every angle that could be pursued. There has been a lot of talk about reconciliation. The Chief Justice said this is a tax, and we take him at his word, so that certainly makes this eligible for reconciliation. But that may not be the only avenue that we pursue. Our goal will be to get it off the books. In my view, it is the single worst piece of legislation that has been passed in modern times, and I’ve said that on numerous occasions. It’s still my view. And just because the Supreme Court has decided it is constitutional doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do…

On a final note, what’s your message to conservatives and tea-party activists who are suspicious of Republican leaders and their commitment to repeal?

Boy, I don’t know how they could be suspicious on this issue. Every single Republican in the House and Senate voted against Obamacare. I must have made 125 speeches about it on the floor. If there is any area where I don’t think conservatives of any stripe should be concerned, it would be this one. We’ve been clear and unambiguous about Obamacare from the beginning to the end — all of it. And I led the fight in the Senate, so I know what I’m talking about.

***

ObamaCare has been a war over the processing of insurance claims. It has been fought by institutional interests representing insurance, hospital and pharmaceutical firms. The doctor-patient relationship, or what used to be called “the practice of medicine,” has sunk beneath these waves.

Barack Obama, a savvy pol, understood from the start that rationalizing payments claims through the maw of these private and public bureaucracies was not what the average person thinks of as “health care.” To any normal person, health care means that when you or yours get really sick, the doctors and nurses who attend to you will push all else aside to give you medical help.

Thus, the constant Obama chorus that you can “keep your own doctor.” No one knows better than Barack Obama that his law sends the nation’s doctors on a voyage into an uncharted health-care world in which they are just along for the ride with their patients…

Mitt Romney needs a way to talk about health care in America. This isn’t just a fight over insurance companies. It’s about the people at the center of health care—doctors. The Affordable Care Act will damage that most crucial of all life relationships, that between an ill person and his physician.

***

The fact is that the incentives in our health-care system are all screwed up precisely because of government policies and programs. Medicare, the biggest player in our insurance system by far, is an arcane fee-for-service system that encourages volume over value and inflates (while shifting) costs. Medicaid, meanwhile, has a state-federal structure that makes cost-containment nearly impossible (by having state policymakers make spending decisions while the Feds pay at least half the cost in an open-ended way). And the tax exclusion for employer-provided coverage creates a huge incentive for high-premium insurance while shielding everyone involved from actual prices and costs. All the incentives point to cost inflation and away from outcome-based health economics, so we shouldn’t be surprised to have an inefficient system.

It is precisely conservative reformers who have proposed to change this, and it is precisely liberals who seek to avoid that change. Obamacare doubles down on all of these sources of inefficiency, and it does so on exactly Zakaria’s premise: that the chaos of the market would make things less efficient and only the centralized coordination of a benevolent bureaucracy can make the system work. It’s hard to believe we are still having this argument.

***

Via Gallup.

***

“I’ll work with anybody who wants to work with me to continue to improve our health care system and our health care laws, but the law I passed is here to stay,” Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for link..That is very interesting..:)

PS..Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Betting on America Euro-styled Socialism. Enough with the lies, Barry.

minnesoter on July 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Steven Goddard at Real Science just did a post where he wrote:
We had no fireworks in Fort Collins. The city called off the show (which takes place a in a large, heavily watered city park) because they were concerned about fire.
The reason I am writing this post now is because it is raining too hard to ride to the store. Eventually government will make the world completely safe by plugging us in and giving us all little red and blue pills.
My comment:

Yes, what incredible wusses everyone is. What ever happened to the frontier spirit in this country? It’s been crushed by the anal retentive manicured libs who are the mother of all killjoys.

And you point out what is Obama’s health plan. Let the govt “experts” research the costs and effectiveness of the red and blue pills, and if the red pill is too expensive or you don’t meet some Affirmative Action criteria or you’re too old, then you get the blue pill, a placebo. Another way of putting it: you get the shaft.

anotherJoe on July 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Cool tune Bmore!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I don’t think he should try to hard to be things he’s not.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Exactly. He should claim to be the person he is. He isn’t my first choice but teh Won is going to attack him as a rich out of touch guy. He should leverage his success and take away the attack line.

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM

KCB, I think it is not quite modest enough for Romney. His surrogates have said as much. And at varying points Romney has touched on those very points. Many folks have suggested that he speak more about giving his inherited wealth away. I feel like most folks know a good bit about, both the good and the bad. I’d like to see him just stay on message against 0 and let others do the color commentary on him. I don’t think he should try to hard to be things he’s not.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Yes, and the way Romney wins, the only way, is to go on offense every single day and make the election all about Obama’s failures and lies and broken promises. They need to do what they did to Newt and Perry and all the others in the primaries. Attack, attack, attack. React and deflect are the strategies of losers. See, e.g., McCain and Dole.

Yes, you have to have a quick response team ready to pounce in defense because the shit will be coming, but you have to have an active 24/7 offense, period. Keep Obama on the ropes, looking to his corner for help, stumbling, flailing, then put him down. Any other approach puts you on the canvass instead.

TXUS on July 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I will be the major downer on this thread. Obamacare was upheld. It won’t go away no matter if the Republicans win the Congress and the Presidency. Too much power to be had in that law…and both parties like power don’t deny it.

Stray Cat on July 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I mentioned Reagan in my last comment. Go back further to John Adams.

But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments of their duties and obligations.

Adams considered the precipitating event of the Revolution to have occurred in 1760. Interestingly enough it had to do with the appointment of a judge who along with a five judge panel gave a unanimous judiciary opinion that lit the match.

This produced, in 1760 and 1761, an awakening and a revival of American principles and feelings, with an enthusiasm which went on increasing till, in 1775, it burst out in open violence, hostility, and fury.

INC on July 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Stray cat- I ain’t complying, dude.

I don’t care what what king george and his kangaroo court says.

There was a time where we DEFIED unjust law. That’s my intention. Maybe when the bill comes due others will too.

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM

First, I refuse to read the Romney flip-flop thread. (Made the mistake of lurking some on the fourth.)

My comment was to relay a fragment of a dream I had the other night: It seems, a large group of middle class folks (lots) decided to arrest Sebelius and a bunch of her minions for a failure to uphold their oath to the Constitution. They did not do as the French in the late 18th century, but prepared to try them in courts.

How it turned out, I cannot remember. But the best part was the scared look in Obama’s eyes as he implored the citizens to release the oath-breakers, and abide by the rule of law.

A vivid and happy dream.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Stray Cat on July 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Listen to this..I hope it cheers you up..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bold colors! If there were ever a time, this is it!

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM

RedCrow,I had a similar dreams, a plank was involved.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Oh, BTW, I couldn’t believe that Obama would have the huevos to stand up and say: “This law I passed is here to stay.”

Personally, I hope his narcisism keeps up and that he continues to brag about doing something to us that over fifty percent of the country hates.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

If the President is “Betting on America”…

Would he be mad if we “called his bluff”

“Don’t call my bluff

Sgt Steve on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM

You didn’t miss nothing on the Romney thread..It always goes and ends in the same place..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

dreams=dream

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM

RedCrow,I had a similar dreams, a plank was involved.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Lol. (Looks around for curmudgeon Walter(?) NO–Sherman.) Maybe if I eat some tacos before bed, it’ll get better?

(About Sherman: I actually witnessed a comment by him the other day that wasn’t griping about other posters!! Made me do a double-take only bested by Scooby-Doo.)

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Message to Hopey-Changey Man-girl in the Mom-jeans: STFU!

realitycheck on July 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Romney threads never betray us.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Well. it is his WH, after all.

OldEnglish on July 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Yep. Sooo tired of those folks. If you reside in Candyland, you’ll probably enjoy four more years of the WPOTUS (“W” is for WORST) in history.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM

What personal risk are you folks truly willing to put on the line? I believe a lot will give all.

I won’t hold my breath on a corrupt weak congress.

I simply won’t do it. Will not give my medical anything to the flipping IRS. It just won’t happen.

You can’t take it back. You might as well include the serial #’s to your firearms as well.

I don’t want to make historical comparisons, but they exist.

You know them.

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. NOFX watch your volume, it’s one of those, but it’s short.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Well. it is his WH, after all.

OldEnglish on July 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yeah!

Lol. Burns me up, and the first thing that came to my mind was Yosemite Sam saying, “Ooooh, I hates rabbits!” (Gee, do I have cartoons on the mind, tonight, or what?)

Was gonna look for a short YT clip like that, then I realized that Odumbo is nowhere near as clever as Bugs, and Sam always loses. So…I dumped that idea.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

TXUS on July 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Absolutely!

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM

More squishy bullsh!t. Attach ObamaScare repeal to any lifting of the debt-limit. It will have to be passed by the Senate and signed by whomever is in the Oval Office … if they want any more cash.

This could have been done in 2011 and this would already all be over, but the GOP are a bunch of gutless cowards. If they don’t realize how crucial it is to repeal this America-killing, un-Constitutional, un-American law then they are totally worthless.

The dems want the debt limit raised? Repeal ObamaScare. End of story.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM

What happened to “Forward” anyways ?

FlaMurph on July 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Term limits. Never have been for them. Am now.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

What do you mean by that? Liberals are holding back Joe the Plumber from taking the frontier spirit to the plumbing industry? Since when did conservatives claim to be the ones advocating change and innovation in this country?

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

We need more of this!

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

bayam, there is no doubt the majority of male liberals are beta.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I think I love you. (But–in a brotherly kind of way, not in the other way. NTTAWWI.)

Lol. Seriously, though: I wish you could get about 100 million other Americans to go along with your plan. While Paul-bots and Mitt-haters were calling all of us “sheeple” and “useful idiots” on the fourth, those epithets would be more appropriately applied to your average fellow citizen, who pays attention to what their government is doing for about twenty minutes every four years.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Only Yogi bear is as smart as Bugs. :)

OldEnglish on July 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012

ObamaScare is a good name.

BarackMaxTaxMinCare is too long.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I kinda dig that, B.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Why? Did you see advantage in experience? I kinda still do, but I get tired of thier BS.

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

No need to – they got it pretty much right the first time.

OldEnglish on July 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM

The “ankle biters” and “gutter snipes” are definitely works of art!!..It is going to be “cruel” for a few of them.:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Only Yogi bear is as smart as Bugs. :)

OldEnglish on July 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Meh. IMO, Boo Boo was always draggin’ that guy down. Bugs had it right when he decided to work alone.

Also, the constant pursuit of pic-a-nic baskets seemed a waste of the bear’s talents.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Well, well, well .The MSM is saying that this job report is the most important one for Obama’s chances for re-election.Would they be saying that if they didn’t think the numbers were going to be sufficiently “tweaked” to make Obama look good?I’m a little skeptical here…

sandee on July 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Good 80′s tune. (Gee I wonder what those chicks are doing now? Don’t tell me–it’ll only depress me. :) )

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Very nice..It reminds me of this one!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Change and innovation come from the private sector, genius. Conservatives advocate the sort of government that doesn’t squelch that. Leftists think that “government investment” in welfare, food stamps, and inefficient power schemes represent “cahnge and innovation”.

It’s funny that whenever an idiot leftist points to government spending that produced anything of value, it’s almost invariably defense spending. But the only government spending that leftists want to hack to zero is defense spending … and then they laughably want to talk about “investing”.

If these same idiot leftists were in charge a hundred years ago, the whole US would be forced to run on DC current and we’d have electric generation plants on every block, with most of the country still not wired. If there were single-celled leftists in control billions of years ago, the world would be nothing but slime … the way leftists prefer it.

You leftists are disgusting wastes of flesh who are nothing but destructive to the societies unlucky enough to be burdened with your pathetic existences.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Nah, I tend to have a……what’s the fancy word……….Lazzaire faire, attitude. Vote for whomever you like. It’s lead to entrenchment and bad politics. My new adjusted or evolved take is. Vote for whomever you like, so long as it a different group every so often.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM

LoLz..They were hot!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I’m a little skeptical here…

sandee on July 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Only a little??

It’s a shame about the media in our country. My brother-in-law, who is a good man and, as far as I can tell, sane, recently relayed to me that FNC was as skewed right as MSNBC was left.

He had a few drinks in him, so I dropped the subject quickly. The good thing is that I think more and more Americans are dropping the MSM–they are figuring out that they’re totally partisan.

“The truth is out there.”

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Change and innovation come from the people. Not government.

That’s something conservatives believe and liberals only pay lip service to.

Spliff Menendez on July 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Slurp up another hearty bowl of Hope n Change recycled direct from the community solar powered septic tank.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Very nice..It reminds me of this one!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

For the life of me, I don’t know why I like that, but I do. ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Looks like the Muslims Brotherhood is “here to stay” also.

SEE: Libya.

profitsbeard on July 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

LoLz..They were hot!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yeah, they were. Tried to look them up on azlyrics.com, to find out when that song came out. They don’t have them!

Think I was in my early teens, though.

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Good one. Hadn’t heard that in a long time. :)

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

It’s pathetic that your understanding of the world is based on the carnival barkers and radio entertainers who introduced terms like ‘leftist’ to everyday conversation. But keep on clicking righty, you’re enriching all the idiotic innovators at Google, Facebook, and Microsoft that make the internet work.

Is that what you think when you read about Steve Jobs and his team at Apple- a waste of flesh? How sad.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Lol. I like the cut of your jib, sir. Also, thank you for doing the work that fed-up HA posters won’t do.
Finally……that was kinda a savage take-down. Here, have a beer.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Early one for me tonight folks. Early a.m. call time.

Good Night All.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

“The truth is out there.”

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

What would be nice is if more GOP elected officials would recognize that instead of trying to make the MSM like them.

Spliff Menendez on July 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

But not one GOPer had the stones to force one single reading in full of one single bill of that travesty as it kept coming back after being killed over and over and over. Not even in the last vote – that ridiculous one in which the House Dems were considering DemonPass and other illegal, unethical and idiotic methods of shoving it through – did the GOP force the entire bill to be read through. NOT EVEN THEN.

No one is “suspicious” of you guys. We know that you’re totally untrustworthy, spineless cowards and jerks.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Thanks, RedCrow. I’m getting to that fed-up stage, myself.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Change and innovation come from the people. Not government.

That’s something conservatives believe and liberals only pay lip service to.

Spliff Menendez on July 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

You’re all talk and no action. If not for left-leaning entrepreneurs, the US trade deficit would be a magnitude of order higher and you’d be accessing the internet through a Chinese search engine.

This country needs conservatives to start innovating instead of constantly whining.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The president and his brothers

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Was that French? I don’t read French, although I speak it fluently….Wi.

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Stick that theory to where the sun don’t shine. You are such a fool on topic.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

We need more of this!

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Ummm…What side are you on, there?

Me? I think it’s just fine the way it is. The liberals probably want to replace it with some ode to Odumbo. “Mmmm mmmm mmmm, Barack Hussein Obama.” (Instant classic.)

(If Old English is here, can you send me some links for citizenship in Australia?)

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Your entire families medical records? The IRS?

Maybe it’s time to watch Schindlers list again?

I beg of you, do not comply. This is bullsh!t.

There is nothing good that ever comes from a totalitarian gubmint collecting information. I mean come on, wake up. Yea, it’s that bad. Everybody is just too afraid too say so.

It’s how it’s always started. Now they have databases and napoliantano. It’s pure evil.

I pray I’m wrong, but I know I’m not,

I’m classified as a right winged extremist because I have a cupboard of food just in case. By my own ex-governor while she allows an invasion in conjunction with the DOJ while the SCOTUS says so what?

And there are 1,000 other fires, aren’t there?

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I am sorry, but you, Sir, are an idiot.

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Steve Jobs was a leftist douche.

He pays zero US taxes and hired Chinese slaves. Democrat approved!

tetriskid on July 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

For the life of me, I don’t know why I like that, but I do. ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It is a catchy tune for sure!..:)

PS..Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on July 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Heh. If it wasn’t for right leaning entrepreneurs you wouldn’t have the electricity to power your iPhone.

Spliff Menendez on July 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Spliff Menendez on July 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Indeed. It’s like islam. Join us or die.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I don’t listen to radio. You’re hearing my words and thoughts, dipsh!t. “Leftist” is not a new term, you blithering idiot.

I use adblock and DoNotTrack. They don’t get much from me.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

They make nice toys. Great. Apple became the new Sony with the new Walkman. Wunderbar! Rev0lutionary? Not much. The team at Xerox … now they were innovators. Personally, I’ve hated Apple since the Apple II. I never had anything to do with their stuff. Apple was the ultimate control-freak company that loves to abuse the living sh!t out of its customers, by holding the hardware and and the software and not allowing anyone else to play in the market. I was not surprised, in the least, when the iPhone came out locked to a network. Typical jerky apple.

In any event, Jobs never bothered giving much of his money to your precious government, though. Why is that? Didn’t he want change and innovation?

But what does any of that have to do with the fact that leftists are despicable, lying scumbags? You know you are. That’s why you all hate yourselves so much – though your self-hate is about the only reasonable position you slimeballs hold.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Francis wrote a poem. If they want to change th arrangement, so what? How many people have you seen disrespect the Anthem over the years? I think they brought it with soul and spirit. We could use more young people today who loved their National Anthem!!

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Of course you completely miss the point. (You’re not very bright, are you?)

Conservative policy allows for bright people of any political background to innovate. Liberal policy squashes innovation from all.

(Was that simple enough for you to understand?)
(Probably not.)
(Doesn’t matter. But, you’re too stupid for me to talk to, so I’ll bid you a good night.)

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

How’s that Chevy Volt working out for you?

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Quit whinin’ about the heat.

You clowns rather be freezing?

Lanceman on July 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

In a heartbeat! I love the winter, throw in 18″ of some white stuff, I’ll be golden!

herm2416 on July 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

bayam,

Whatever his politics, Jobs wasn’t working for the government. He was working for himself.

That’s the main point.

INC on July 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Steve Jobs was a leftist douche.

He pays zero US taxes and hired Chinese slaves. Democrat approved!

tetriskid on July 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

All of them are scum who will expose and betray you: Google (I hope Apple will destroy them, even though I didn’t care for Jobs), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others. They run businesses based on nothing and spy on the people of the world, in agreement with the gov’t. If you have not been hurt by them yet you will be.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Øbamas slogan, “Betting on America”, shows what a slimy lying Marxist slug he is. What he means is “Betting on Fundamentally Transforming America”, which is to say, “Betting on Turning America into the Antithesis of Its Essential Self”.

*spit*

petefrt on July 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

bayam,

That’s the main point.

INC on July 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Avoided taxes, like the Kennedys in the Caymans…but the medis harps on Mitt for the Bahamas accounts.

Jobs used labor camps. In spite of his socialistic leanings he lectured Obama on the 1% bullcaca and the class differentiation and the tax balloney.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

How’s that Chevy Volt working out for you?

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

The Volt was a project initiated by a conservative.

Yes, those liberals are all idiots with their pathetic genetic engineering and internet and technology. You and Joe the Plumber can re-create Google or SpaceX in your sleep. It must be tough to be surrounded by some many lesser minds.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Conspiring to price fixing with the big publishers with regards to e-books.

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

As gays serve openly, few problems for chaplains

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nice to see. Also totally unexpected.

libfreeordie on July 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Fluke them all. They have the minds to build the businesses then they lose their minds on communism/socialism.

Koch Brothers, Steve Wynn, Sheldon Adelson, just to make your skin crawl.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I don’t know the ins and outs of all he did, but I’d heard of the China connection.

The media is complicit in all of this.

INC on July 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Nice. That idiot you smacked will never learn.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

The Volt was a project initiated by a conservative.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

And pushed by the tyrant in the White House and subsidized by the U.S. taxpayer, that has to be plugged into an electric system, where 48% of our electricity is derived from coal, the same coal plants that King Obama and his merry band of thugs in the EPA are shutting down with burgeoning and ridiculous regulations.

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

KCB on July 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Whew! I’d seen a bunch of your posts, and didn’t think (really) that you were disparaging our National Anthem.

Still, I had to ask ’cause I was curious (from your post).

Here’s something controversial from me: I kinda wish they’d stop playing it at sporting events, except on special national days like July 4th.

Why?
Because I think it’s too sacred for such events. (It’s a friggin’ ball game.)

Because idiots in the crowd always have to add some regional BS to it that cheapens it, or start cheering during it or before it is over.

Because most performers feel a need to do some crazy embellishment to it that sucks and cheapens it.

(I could go on, but you get the gist. If I had my druthers, the National Anthem would always be played by a band (preferably military) in the traditional way, and if a singer was involved–sung in the traditional way.)

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Koch Brothers, Steve Wynn, Sheldon Adelson, just to make your skin crawl.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

No skin crawling, there are plenty of old men running casino and oil companies on the far right. But none of those extend American wealth and power. Jobs and Apple and Google extend American soft power around the world and reduce from this country’s massive trade deficit. Germans and Chinese are huge buyers of iPhones and iPads.

Most American companies outsource to Foxconn, including Dell. Apple was the first to uniformly start conducting third-party inspections of those facilities and unilaterally raise worker’s salaries.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Why is Erick Erickson laying into Romney on Anderson Cooper right now?

libfreeordie on July 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Nice reply.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bayam= useful idiot. Feeding the alligator and such.

If you had any concept of history,,

Do you have children?

Man, it’s stunning. I never fully blamed it on our educational system. I learned separate from that.

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Why is Erick Erickson laying into Romney on Anderson Cooper right now?

libfreeordie on July 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hey folks we found a viewer for Anderson Blooper. That should double his ratings.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

JPeterman on July 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Nice reply.

SparkPlug on July 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Seconded.
bayam is grasping at straws. It’s always a scramble when you have no facts on your side.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

It’s absurd to suggest that some armchair observer has the right to claim the mantle of capitalism from Steve Jobs or Bill Gates or Elon Musk. Those men define modern capitalism and are this country’s greatest examples of American exceptionalism.

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

bayam and the ballad of the limousine liberal …

“My Favorite .00001% – But I Still Want To Tax Them Out Of Existence”

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Ever investigate the number of permits and permissions and certifications required to do, well, just about anything? Yeah, that really inspires entrepreneurs. As far as your assertion about Google, Msoft etc. Funny, it wasn’t government support that got them where they are. Now, though, they are all over the government making sure nobody else can do as well as they did. Kind of that “I got mine, ya’ll go back to where you came from” attitude. It’s really ironic, none of those people run their business like they want the government to run.

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

You and Joe the Plumber- great victims at the hands of all those idiots that build great American companies as technology ascends as the main driver of economic growth. I suppose if I listened to Rush or Glenn I’d have a better grasp of reality?

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Idiotic statement all around. You are clueless about who’s on this board and the latter part of your statement is even more moronic.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I suppose if I listened to Rush or Glenn I’d have a better grasp of reality?

bayam on July 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I doubt it.

RedCrow on July 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Have y’all actually looked through the ACA. A friend and I have been slogging our way through it. It turns out that if the states refuse to set up a medicaid expansion then medicaid eligible citizens in those citizens will have access to the federal exchanges. In other words, the federa; public option basically exists and the size of it is dependent upon how many states participate in the program.

I’m beginning to think that the state-based medicaid programs were designed to appease health insurance companies who wanted the mandate, but wanted to ensure that they didn’t really have to compete. I wonder if the idea was that within the exchange of say, Louisiana, if Louisiana health insurers would be near the top of a person’s choices. If those Louisiana medicaid recipients work through the federal exchange won’t that offer them more choice, or at least, strengthen the federal hand in all this. You would think that GOP governors would be eager to prevent that…

libfreeordie on July 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM