Quotes of the day

posted at 10:24 pm on July 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), chair of the House Budget Committee–and potential running mate of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney–told Breitbart News this week that the party’s leaders are “absolutely” committed to repealing Obamacare.

“It would have been nice for the Supreme Court to repeal it for us,” he said, “but it’s no harder today than it was the day before the decision. We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”

***

Earlier this week, according to WHAS-TV in Louisville, you predicted that it will be “a lot harder” to repeal President Obama’s health-care law. Why is that the case?

Well, I don’t know how they got that comment out of what I had to say. Let me give you my view, clearly and unambiguously. Repeal of Obamacare will be the first item up in the Senate if I am majority leader. If we have a president who will sign the bill, we will do everything we can to get it off the books, and we’ll be looking for every angle that could be pursued. There has been a lot of talk about reconciliation. The Chief Justice said this is a tax, and we take him at his word, so that certainly makes this eligible for reconciliation. But that may not be the only avenue that we pursue. Our goal will be to get it off the books. In my view, it is the single worst piece of legislation that has been passed in modern times, and I’ve said that on numerous occasions. It’s still my view. And just because the Supreme Court has decided it is constitutional doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do…

On a final note, what’s your message to conservatives and tea-party activists who are suspicious of Republican leaders and their commitment to repeal?

Boy, I don’t know how they could be suspicious on this issue. Every single Republican in the House and Senate voted against Obamacare. I must have made 125 speeches about it on the floor. If there is any area where I don’t think conservatives of any stripe should be concerned, it would be this one. We’ve been clear and unambiguous about Obamacare from the beginning to the end — all of it. And I led the fight in the Senate, so I know what I’m talking about.

***

ObamaCare has been a war over the processing of insurance claims. It has been fought by institutional interests representing insurance, hospital and pharmaceutical firms. The doctor-patient relationship, or what used to be called “the practice of medicine,” has sunk beneath these waves.

Barack Obama, a savvy pol, understood from the start that rationalizing payments claims through the maw of these private and public bureaucracies was not what the average person thinks of as “health care.” To any normal person, health care means that when you or yours get really sick, the doctors and nurses who attend to you will push all else aside to give you medical help.

Thus, the constant Obama chorus that you can “keep your own doctor.” No one knows better than Barack Obama that his law sends the nation’s doctors on a voyage into an uncharted health-care world in which they are just along for the ride with their patients…

***

The fact is that the incentives in our health-care system are all screwed up precisely because of government policies and programs. Medicare, the biggest player in our insurance system by far, is an arcane fee-for-service system that encourages volume over value and inflates (while shifting) costs. Medicaid, meanwhile, has a state-federal structure that makes cost-containment nearly impossible (by having state policymakers make spending decisions while the Feds pay at least half the cost in an open-ended way). And the tax exclusion for employer-provided coverage creates a huge incentive for high-premium insurance while shielding everyone involved from actual prices and costs. All the incentives point to cost inflation and away from outcome-based health economics, so we shouldn’t be surprised to have an inefficient system.

It is precisely conservative reformers who have proposed to change this, and it is precisely liberals who seek to avoid that change. Obamacare doubles down on all of these sources of inefficiency, and it does so on exactly Zakaria’s premise: that the chaos of the market would make things less efficient and only the centralized coordination of a benevolent bureaucracy can make the system work. It’s hard to believe we are still having this argument.

***

Via Gallup.

***

“I’ll work with anybody who wants to work with me to continue to improve our health care system and our health care laws, but the law I passed is here to stay,” Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I didn’t have enough tinfoil…
Couldn’t afford the tax…

but could afford the penalty..

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Electrongod:Ain’t that the truth!:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Just checked the Boise forecast, Electrongod…you chillens are going to be toasty this week…probably see half the citizenry of Boise up our way this weekend.

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you!..for the “true cons”..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yea… I noticed… ;p

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

“By a nose” or “by a hair” will do it for me. I’ll take it any way I can get it.

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Very true but a big part of me – the part of me who is really pissed – wants it to be the biggest one-sided election in history.

gophergirl on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Yep, as long as we get it…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

How is everyone else faring?

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Feels about normal here at night, a wee bit hot in the day. Of course I like heat. Last night a blanket was in order for the better half. I confess to waking with part of the blanket. Our days are supposed to be hot. We have been unseasonally cool for most of it this year so far. Good swimming weather by day porch weather by night. Sorry to hear you aren’t getting rain either. We have had normal amounts thus far. 38 inches.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

…but the law I passed is here to stay,” Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio.

He passed? OK, own it beyotch. Take it with you to early retirement.

2ipa on July 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I used to think this too, but I’m not so sure now. Romney sure has been flat-footed the last couple of weeks. He’s been on defense over immigration, outsourcing and now he’s a mess on the mandate/tax issue. I’m supporting him 100%, but it seems he’s been pretty passive lately.
JohnInCA on July 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What do you think changed? Romney was a well oiled machine for a while and he seems
to have lost his momentum. Ebb-flow of campaigns? Something internal? (I’m more of an ABO voter right now and will avoid the typical jabs at Romney’s flip-flopiness. My question is genuine.)

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Check this out friend!..Very cool!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

gophergirl on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I’m with you…I want to see that pinhead publicly humiliated in a BIG way…I want to see him cry like a little kid who’s lost his wubbie.

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

As Omahaconservative said..

A/C is prepped for 24/7….

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I got that. I was born and lived in Portsmouth for 48 years. Just wanted to know what area you are talking about.

KCB on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM

We’re apparently going to hit 98 degrees tomorrow in western PA, the seventh straight day of temps in the 90s. But it doesn’t break the record of the 13 days of 95 and above temps we had in July 1988. Our home A/C is doing its job, thank goodness.

That being said, I really hate having to drag a jacket with me to work to wear because the A/C is cranked up to replicate a meat locker.

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

gophergirl on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Who wouldn’t love that, it would be total rebuke of the little tyrant. I just don’t see that happening though. The Reagan landslide was back when we didn’t have 1/2 the country mooching. Let’s hope that if he wins, there’ll be a coat tail effect. We need 3 more senate seats to get to 50. VP is +1 and voila, there’s your repeal formula. I’d prefer about 55 due to the squish factor.

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Faded and frayed in a shop it weathers no more, and is a fitting new life. A mans shop is a place of honor.

Kudos to you, Sir.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM

You just described about 10 months out of the year in Texas. The A/C only goes off when it gets cold the other two months. You probably don’t have teradactyl sized mosquitoes that can drain more blood than Barnabas Collins.
TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I’m curious—What’s your electric bill like?

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM

BOINKIN a Dog,

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Dude!

jaime on July 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’d prefer about 55 due to the squish factor.

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Oh yeah – Susan Collins and company cannot be trusted!

I think it’s going to be one long election night that’s for sure.

gophergirl on July 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I took a cross country trip from Houston to Maine last summer and went through Somerset PA on the way to the United 93 Memorial. I fell in love with western PA. It reminded me of the America I grew up in. Imagine my shock to find a McDonald’s where the employees weren’t illegal aliens who couldn’t speak English. I was in heaven.

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Pray for rain, the farmers really need it…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

OmahaConservative:Just in:)
=================================

Heat, lack of rain threaten Iowa’s corn, soybean industry, authorities say – @KCCInews

Submitted 2 mins ago from http://www.kcci.com by editor

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

And, thus, on their mass exodus from the country or into retirement.

TXUS on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I don’t have my glasses. Does the sign read, “Nutting on America”?

andycanuck on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Brother that was “pitcher” perfect..Beer power!!!..:)

PS..Excellent tune!!.:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I saw little Bammie’s campaign stop on Fox News, a couple times actually. (This is the gray shirt video.) It was one of those gatherings where it’s plain that the network cameras have been ordered to stay in a tight shot so as to hide how few people are there.

It looked like a meeting in a neighborhood in front of someone’s garage. What happens to the tv crews if they dare back up and show a wide angle? Do they use the Secret Service to corral the tv crews?

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Betting on America?

tom daschle concerned on July 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Yep, he’s busily shorting out stock right now.

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Carp! That was “Yep, he’s busy shorting our stock right now”

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, annoying, isn’t it? I always have to carry a jacket in the summertime, due to the meat locker syndrome…and also due to the fact that it’s usually pretty chilly here if I get home after dark. The 50+ degree temperature swings in the summer here are really weird for me, having come to Idaho from Georgia. But, I’m not complaining too much, as we don’t have much of an electric bill in the summer.

Winters suck, though.

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

The fireworks are louder and better quality tonight than they were last night. I’m sure there are some pissed off people who have to get up early…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

KCB on July 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM

This has been one of our longest stays (military fam) and I still don’t know much local lingo (Ptown?). Yes, I pronounce the “r” in Norfolk. ;) We’re in NN.

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Brother that was “pitcher” perfect..Beer power!!!..:)

PS..Excellent tune!!.:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Well, having proved that I totally lost my mind earlier today by opening a twitter account, I was due for doing something right…

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

So the weatherin your area is not suited for this I take it??..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I don’t have my glasses. Does the sign read, “Nutting on America”?

andycanuck on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

andycanuck:

Close,i think,it read….”TeaB*****G on America”!!

Probably,Progressive Style!:)
Ahem(snark).

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte

Y’all think Romney is really considering, New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte?

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I don’t have my glasses. Does the sign read, “Nutting on America”?

andycanuck on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Don’t ask me, I was over on the Romney Thread thinking it was teh QOTD thread.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

But it’s a dry heat….:)

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM

So is an oven.
;/

soundingboard on July 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM

AND JUST REMEMBER, “I WON!”

GarandFan on July 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

to have lost his momentum.

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Good question and I really don’t know the answer. Ever since Obama announced his DREAM Act pander, Mitt has been hesitant.

I mean, seriously, running ads where you’re trying to explain that politifact says Obama’s outsourcing claims aren’t really true is not going to cut it. As Ronald Reagan said, “when you’re explaining, you’re losing”.

Go on the attack and make Obama explain his record: Solyndra, stimulus, debt, unemployment, bowing to other leaders, Egypt and Libya under Muslim Brotherhood control. All of it. Every day a new charge and make Obama explain it.

JohnInCA on July 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

He’s on a “Betting on America” tour, in a Canadian-made bus.

His motto s/b

“Betting against America”, or

“Bowing against America”.

I don’t have my glasses. Does the sign read, “Nutting on America”?

andycanuck on July 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM

No, it says “Fluke America”.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM

But it’s a dry heat….:)

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Yea mean like Kathleen Turner in Body heat?

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM

LoLz..Something tells me you will be right at home!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The U.N. wants a tax on billionaires for “social equity”. This is theft by thuggery.

Wasserman-Schmutz was harping on Mitt’s Bermuda stash of dough. Remind the leftists that the entire Kennedy clan has the money stashed away in Cayman Island trust funds, to avoid taxes.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Pray for rain, the farmers really need it…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

OmahaConservative:Just in:)
=================================

Submitted 2 mins ago from http://www.kcci.com by editor

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Yep, pray for rain…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yes, I pronounce the “r” in Norfolk. ;

Sweet. I know that area well. Lotta damn fine military and ex/retired military there.

KCB on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yea mean like Kathleen Turner in Body heat?

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Thumbs up!..Dave said make it two thumbs up!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

So the weatherin your area is not suited for this I take it??..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

No, skinny dipping in the quiet dark of the lake is in fact a long standing tradition, it’s getting there.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

The Obama ACA is the un-Affordable ‘Care’ Act.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM

LoLz..Something tells me you will be right at home!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

You mean, standing on a soapbox off in the far corner of some deserted field ranting and raving to an empty field???

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Caveman…like…meatlocker.

Unfortunately the thermostat bottoms out at 55° and I think they had when the heat kicks on in the winter in mind.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Beware of snapping turtles when skinny dipping.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

TxAnn56 on July 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Well, thanks [blush]. That sounds like a great trip! I’d love to do that one of these days.

Somerset is part of what’s referred to as the Pennsylvania “T,” encompassing the top of the state from Erie to Scranton and down to the border with West Virginia and Maryland and which is conservative, hard working, God-fearing, and pretty reliably Republican in elections. Unfortunately, a lot of times, that gets cancelled out by the Dem enclaves of Pittsburgh and Philly and their suburbs, and even Johnstown (they’re still stoked on the late John Murtha). But all of those little towns are great to visit. Over the years I’ve gone on day trips, taken my camera and had a blast snapping photos of all the cool architectural details.

Ashamed to admit that I’ve not been to the Flight 93 Memorial yet. I need to rectify that soon.

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I listened to how Obama said these remarks earlier….. Is it just me or is he sounding more authoritarian than usual?

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I don’t watch the guy, but I have noticed when someone boldly challenges him, he can’t handle it. He resorts to peevishness or gets back into reaction mode.

INC on July 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Lolz.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

JohnInCA on July 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Yes, and hell yes! When you’re on defense in this game, you’re losing.

TXUS on July 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

the law I passed is here to stay,” Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio.

If all goes well then he will be correct insofar as it will forever be a relic of 2012 and here it “will stay”. Safely in the soon-to-be past.

HotAirian on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yea mean like Kathleen Turner in Body heat?

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Noochelle’s guns..

Raise you…

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

How ObamaTax became law.

In sum, then, this most sweeping of economic legislation ever passed by Congress has survived every step of the process by trickery, dishonesty, or breathtaking sophistry, while being defibrillated back into a heartbeat several times only with the aid of hack science and dark arts worthy of an illicit union between Dr. Frankenstein and a skilled necromancer.

There will be time aplenty in the coming months to take apart Roberts’ slipshod, intellectually illegitimate opinion clause by clause and argument by argument. There will be time enough to show that his transparent hackery quite devastatingly undermined the very “legitimacy” of the court that he made such a purely political decision to try to protect.

For now, though, it is worth studying the foregoing litany of injustices, committing it to memory, and letting its lessons burn with a cold fury in our brains and souls — a well-considered and purposeful fury that impels us all to do everything necessary to counteract the baleful effects of this abomination, and to make sure such a creature never raises its horrendous head again. This law is (figuratively speaking) the spawn of vile political beasts. It must be decapitated

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Don’t forget to Bow to Mecca and pray five time to Allah while at the 9847th holiest Islamic shrine on earth.

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Check this out friend!..Very cool!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Dire Straits:Thanks for da link,love the night imagery,
and speaking of space,I still get get this
one up,er…..:)
_____________________________

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

LoLz..Capt. Ed and Allapundit ect.. ect.. Ton of folks on twitter!!..You will not be alone..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I’m sorry Dire, I should have said, it’s getting to be time here for night swimming.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM

“Betting on Alinsky”

AshleyTKing on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Try working while freezing.
Specially with metal objects.

Lanceman on July 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

One of my more miserable experiences while growing up was having to re-pack wheel bearings in a tractor that I needed to use to grind feed. In Colorado. In late January. While it was below zero. Yeah, that was a pleasant experience. /s

Give me 110 degrees any day.

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yeah, I heard all about the controversy about the design. Pissed me off completely. I can’t imagine how enraged I’d be if I were one of the family members of the victims.

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I have to have hope that Obamacare is doomed because it is financially a cluster fark.

I will believe today’s article out of Fox Nation:

Americans expect their lawmakers to put aside politics and look at the numbers. The fact is, Medicare will not be around to cover the cost of our retirees’ benefits. Medicare is going broke; actuaries estimate that part of the program will go broke in just twelve years or sooner. With 10,000 baby-boomers retiring every day and healthcare costs continuing to increase, an ever-decreasing pool of younger workers will be forced to square the responsibility of footing our senior generation’s healthcare costs.

It is not just seniors who will suffer at the hands of the president’s healthcare law. Because colleges are finding it difficult to comply with the law’s caps on benefits, many colleges are dropping their student insurance plans or raising the costs to once unthinkable levels.

The president’s healthcare law has become the largest tax increase in American history. According to the latest Congressional Budget Office estimate, the tax increases amount to $1.7 trillion over ten years.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/healthcare-law/2012/07/05/opinion-healthcares-unsustainable-trajectory#ixzz1zoGtWswx

ConservativeLaw on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You are correct the night imagery was very cool!..I knew you always posted very cool space videos..I just didn’t want you to get rusty!..:):)

PS..Thank you for the link..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Dire, I had this cued up just a bit ago.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

INC. told me what Bishing means.

Careful there are some people doing tricky things on HA.

to Bish
to be Bished
to go Bishing
to be a Bisher

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thumbs up!..I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Boy, I don’t know how they could be suspicious on this issue.

Yes, and I am Charlie Brown. Thanks Lucy.

AshleyTKing on July 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM

We’ve had some winters that were pretty bad as well, but this past winter we really lucked out. Scant snowfall and moderate temps in the 30s-40s through most of January/Feburary. I could take all my winters like that. :)

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

JohnInCA on July 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

That’s right–the Dream Act push and Obama’s amnesty fiat were the turning point.

Great advice for Team Romney. Go on offense. Maybe they’re waiting until people start to pay attention in Sept. and then hammer Obama incessantly? I’m trying to be optimistic.

conservative pilgrim on July 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

canopfor is Lord of the Links

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Yep, pray for rain…

OmahaConservative on July 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

OmahaConservative:U-Betcha:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Tell it Paul Ryan!..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM

“but it’s no harder today than it was the day before the decision.”

Well now that’s not exactly true. “It’s unconstitutional”, was a big part of the argument against it though. “It’s a tax”, isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t produce the same fundamentally and irrevocably wrong connotation. “Unconstitutional” just hits harder than “tax”. It isn’t a step up in terms of rhetorical power. Not to mention that having to change message direction midswing looks weak and petulant.

Sure, it’s no harder but a group of people in a building to pass something on a vote, physically. But it is harder today to repeal Obamacare completely.

Boomer_Sooner on July 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM

” We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”
” We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”
” We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”
” We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”
” We win, we repeal. It’s just that simple.”

lynncgb on July 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM

PS..Thank you for the link..:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Dire Straits:Lol…rusty,hey you don’t wanna know how many
links I send to tips!!:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

And then to add insult to injury the design firm had the audacity to claim that the design and orientation were purely coincidental and told the families to phuck off if they didn’t like it.

SWalker on July 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Give me 110 degrees any day.

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

No doubt…I could live without the 15ft of snow every winter as well. But alas…my husband loves it here.

PatriotGal2257 on July 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

And where might you be? All of our winters involve many feet of snow. I learned to cross country ski at 45 (51 now), so I could get out of the damn house. But, yeah, this past winter wasn’t TOO cold, all things considered.

sage0925 on July 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Mitt should embrace his riches. Just walk up to the mic and say, “I am a rich man, I have been very fortunate, but I also work incredibly hard and understand how business and finance works. I have a long, successful track record to back up that claim. This is a real, proven skillset that I will bring to the Presidency. I have been successful at every level, and with the help of the American people, there is no doubt we will be successful at this level as well.”

Posted this earlier on a dead thread. Any thoughts?

KCB on July 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Mitt Romney needs a way to talk about health care in America. This isn’t just a fight over insurance companies. It’s about the people at the center of health care—doctors. The Affordable Care Act will damage that most crucial of all life relationships, that between an ill person and his physician. Barack Obama’s assertion that we all can keep our doctors is false. You could line up practicing physicians from here to Boston to explain to Mr. Romney why that is so.

like i’ve been saying, we have to help mitt. the henniger piece sounds awful…we are at a tipping point.

barry has the sob stories, and the lies…quality care rather than quantiy of care…barry has the media to distract people into stupid arguments

r keller on July 5, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Beware of snapping turtles when skinny dipping.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

OUCH !

Thanks for that mental image before bedtime . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . oooooh, it still hurts . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Dire Straits:Lol…rusty,hey you don’t wanna know how many
links I send to tips!!:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Keep it up!..Sounds good to me!.:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:50 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You will be freezing soon enuff.

Lanceman on July 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lanceman:Yes I know,we only get about two months of 80-90F!:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Faded, frayed, and still has 50 stars..

Electrongod on July 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on July 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM

KCB, I think it is not quite modest enough for Romney. His surrogates have said as much. And at varying points Romney has touched on those very points. Many folks have suggested that he speak more about giving his inherited wealth away. I feel like most folks know a good bit about, both the good and the bad. I’d like to see him just stay on message against 0 and let others do the color commentary on him. I don’t think he should try to hard to be things he’s not.

Bmore on July 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

OUCH !

Thanks for that mental image before bedtime . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . oooooh, it still hurts . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

…sleep on your stomach!

KOOLAID2 on July 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

KCB on July 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Why not? A little honesty and validation for hard work would be refreshing. Used to be people aspired to such and looked to successful people as role models. Now, success is somehow looked upon as something to be ashamed of and failure is a resume enhancer.

Not seeing where people think the Romney campaign has stumbled. This last week was so overshadowed by the Roberts betrayal and destruction of the Constitution that not much else could really register an impact.

AZfederalist on July 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Keep it up!..Sounds good to me!.:)

Dire Straits on July 5, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Dire Straits:Hey,remember John Bryson,well the DA of LA,refuses to
charge him!:)

Police Report:

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Just noticed the screen cap, with Ears standing at a podium with the slogan, “Betting on America” on it.

What are they thinking? Trying to appeal to the lottery ticket junkies out there, the poorest among us who keep throwing their (and our) money away on a daily or weekly sucker’s bet?

Or, is it a camouflaged appeal to get the dumb and weak to place a bet on Obama, knowing full well that betting focuses on future hope and is not based on past experience.

In 2008, a lot of ordinary folks placed a bet on what they thought was a better America, in the person of Obama, only to find the slot machine reading triple zeroes. This new slogan is potentially their undoing, if Romney and Team handle it right.

TXUS on July 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Obama is controlling the narrative and that has to stop.

The real conservative message has to be dinner table talk and the campaign is stuck on go fish. This isn’t tiddlywinks, and the liberals will prove it, soon.

Take the narrative back. Use Reagan to do it.

Speakup on July 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

KCB- Yep.

Like someone else suggested, hopefully he’s just keeping that powder dry for now. I’m not suggesting that’s the case, just hoping it is.

wolly4321 on July 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

listens2glenn on July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Canopfor skinny dips with Canadian Beavers and rarely comes up for air.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Otay peeps,I’m bugg’n out,

Everyone…………..Night All:)

canopfor on July 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM

listens2glenn on July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

…sleep on your stomach!

KOOLAID2 on July 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe even a steel chastity-belt, to boot.

I’m off to bed; 04:15 comes early.

listens2glenn on July 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM

listens2glenn on July 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Canopfor skinny dips with Canadian Beavers and rarely comes up for air.

SparkPlug on July 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM

SparkPlug:Lol,oh,and that smack of Beaver Tail…hurts like h*ll!:)

canopfor on July 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I will be the major downer on this thread. Obamacare was upheld. It won’t go away no matter if the Republicans win the Congress and the Presidency. Too much power to be had in that law…and both parties like power don’t deny it.

Stray Cat on July 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

…Mitt needs to make it a “conflict of visions” campaign, not just a tit for tat on this or that economic data. It has to be an overarching theme about big vs small govt and individual liberty vs command economy.

JohnInCA on July 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I agree. I’ve been saying something similar for a while. I linked to this several times in the primaries:

The Great Communicator Ronald Reagan, who spoke mostly in moral terms, was the magnificent exception. He understood that Washington is not a management problem; it is a political problem. Everything the government does is necessarily political, because governments decide not only who gets what, but why. These choices define a candidate’s politics, but they must be conceived and expressed in terms of moral priorities.

Political language is inherently moral, not managerial. It must convey visions, not just plans. It must explain why some things are good and others bad. Instincts are never enough. You need to have thought about politics in the philosophical sense to know what is going on….

If you cannot articulate the cause for which you are fighting in moral terms, you will lose. Because they cannot do this, businessmen suffer from a sense of illegitimacy when they come to Washington. When your opponents scent this vulnerability, they go in for the kill.

You have got to tie policy to principles. Now the Dems have none, but they lie about them and people buy into it.

The Dems have to be beaten at this game.

INC on July 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Good Night friend to the North, Sleep well.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM