Ann Romney: We’ve been looking at the option of a woman for VP

posted at 1:01 pm on July 5, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

From the same CBS News interview that Allahpundit highlighted yesterday, Mitt’s wife Ann Romney added a few interesting tidbits to the conversation:

Firstly, I think Mrs. Romney has it exactly right on Obama’s core campaign strategy:

“I feel like all he’s doing is saying, ‘Let’s kill this guy,” she said, seated next to her husband… “And I feel like that’s not really a very good campaign policy. …

In August, some Democratic strategists let leak to the press that Obama’s top aides were looking at a massive character takedown of Romney in light of a deterring economy; “kill Romney” was a phrase used by one. “That was their memo that came out from their campaign,” Ann Romney said. “And it’s like, ‘not when I’m next to him you better not.”

With the economy oscillating somewhere between mildly demoralizing and positively terrible, Obama can’t run on his vast record of broken promises. The ObamaCare-Tax ruling certainly didn’t do him any favors as far as giving him leeway to tout his achievements, so it’s all “evil profit-seeking Bain Capital did this” and “as Massachusetts governor, Mitt Romney did that” — they’re definitely playing up the cheap populism on his swing-state bus tour today and Friday. (The bus tour is titled “Betting on America.” Translation: Mitt Romney outsourced jobs!)

Secondly, a little hint at what might be going on in the vice presidential vetting, perhaps?

Mitt Romney’s wife says her husband is thinking about picking a woman to be on his ticket this fall.

Ann Romney says in an interview, “We’ve been looking at that and I love that option as well.” …

The former Massachusetts governor, who was joined by his wife for the interview, declined to describe the status of the vice presidential search, saying “that’s something I’m keeping close with my team.”

Hmmm: An honest-to-goodness clue, or just another red herring in the Veep-speculation du jour? Sen. Kelly Ayotte, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and Gov. Susana Martinez would be my guesses — Ayotte and McMorris Rodgers have been especially staunch surrogates for Romney in the campaign so far. But of course, only Team Romney really knows who’s on the list, and I’m sure they’re “considering” and seriously vetting at least a few people, so a lady may very well be an option as much as anyone else right now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

What’s your problem with his wife being a member of his campaign team? Most wives of politicians act as their surrogates. The times of Abigail Adams, who had to hide her involvement in her husband’s career, are over. She would be very outspoken today.

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Except that, you know, Ann Romney has never held a job in her life. ;0

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Sarah Palin.

rayra on July 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

inthemiddle wants women to shut up and bake cookies.

The leftists are never truly liberal nor progressive.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Naw…I’d be plenty satisfied if just you shut up.

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Naw…I’d be plenty satisfied if just you shut up.

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

There’s my Stalinist!

tom daschle concerned on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Has there been any vetting of Kay Bailey Hutchison? Not an advocate, but we don’t need a current Senator with the race for the senate majority so tight.

txmomof6 on July 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

She is retiring, and the seat will stay Republican. She is not real popular with conservatives since she ran against Rick Perry for Governor in 2010. I think she would look too much like a “token” pick since she is retiring and doesn’t have much of a legislative record in the Senate.

I am a big fan of Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin. Go check out her record on cutting taxes, education reform, and workmen’s comp reform. She got all three done in her first four months as Governor!

rockmom on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Except that, you know, Ann Romney has never held a job in her life. ;0

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

She’s never held a wage paying job. Being married to a wealthy man doesn’t make you an expert on anything. And if she’s part of the campaign that makes her vulnerable to any and all of the disgusting attacks conservatives have leveled against Michelle Obama.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Well, I didn’t vote for McCain last time, I voted for Palin. At this point, he needs her more than she needs him. Sarah’s pragmatic. She’s endorsed a few people that I don’t think deserved an endorsement.

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

There was nothing about McCain worth voting for…except her. Of course this was back when we just expected Obama to be a disaster. Now we know the horrors of life in Obamaville, which is the only thing that makes Romney palatable to many of us.
I don’t imagine Mitt will choose a running mate who’s more of a man than he will ever be. If he chose her, I’d work my a$$ for them, but I really don’t expect it.

swinia sutki on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Here is what I want to see from a candidate just once. This is Allen West addressing Nezar Hamze, Exec. Dir. of CAIR, who decided to try and take on Allen West by himself.

silvernana on July 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Whatever happened to the idea that we are voting for a politician and not his whole family? Whatever happened to the family understanding that?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

That sort of went out the window when Nancy Reagan brought in her astrologer to tell her when Ronnie should make important decisions and trips.

rockmom on July 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

You are funny!

If you want to get serious about someone who won’t have anything better to do, and who knows the rules of the Senate better than anyone alive (which could be damn important in repealing the ObamaTax) may I suggest retiring Senator John Kyl?

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

You assume Romney is serious about dismantling PlaceboCare.

Steve Eggleston on July 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

STFU. You idiots have no room to talk. You raised the scorned wife of a philandering scumbag to the level of Senator, then major Presidential contender, and finally made the incompetent idiot SecState, where she totally embarrassed America and has become one of the biggest laughing stocks in history – RESET OVERCHARGED!!

You idiots do think that the President is a King – with no limits on his powers, at all – so STFU.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Sarah Palin.

rayra on July 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

No thanks.

Good Lt on July 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

OT, the ‘beautiful’ and Utopian stupid Megyn Kelly just advocated for the U.N. to take away all guns in the world.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

She’s been an idiot for a long time. I heard that bobble-headed fool over on Fox Business, Liz Clayman, arguing about the need for a health insurance mandate. I tried to switch from Fox (which is unbearable) to Fox Business, but there are nothing but tattooed skanks and ditzes at Fox Business … the only decent one over there is a transplanted Brit. It’s pathetic.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Call George Soros and complain, he seems to have more control over Fox News’s programming than we lowly viewers.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Except that, you know, Ann Romney has never held a job in her life. ;0

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Living in your mom’s basement and on her welfare benefits doesn’t make one a gainfully employed person :)….also, armchair posting on HA a political expert does not one make :)…

jimver on July 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM

The bus tour is titled “Betting on America.”

I read that as “Beating on America.” Somehow I think that’s more descriptive.

crazy_legs on July 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Cheerleading/supporting is one thing. Strategizing is quite another. I don’t mind a neurosurgeon’s wife who says, “My husband is a great surgeon and a brilliant guy. You can trust him.” I have a huge problem with a wife who goes into the operating room and has a say in the actual operation. That is extremely disturbing and it should disturb people in politics, too, especially as America happens to be hanging by a thread (if that) right now. THis is not the time for amateurs and idiots who don’t belong. We’ve got enough problems with the idiots who are supposed to be fighting for the very serious defense of America.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

She may not be in the operating room, but chances are that she does his accounting and correspondence, especially at the beginning of his career. That’s part of his professional life as well.

And she is allowed to say, “We just moved into a new office.” Because she works there, as well.

She doesn’t have to say, “My glorious husband moved into a new office and I totally agree with him.”

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Naw…I’d be plenty satisfied if just you shut up.

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Freudian slip, no doubt. You’re not smart at all. You showed your true colors. I will never shut up. I fight for you to speak, freely. You are the one who’d prevent me from doing same, even if we disagree 100% Good luck with your aims. You have no clue whom you deal with and how much I hate you and yours. For now I starve you and your looters, intentionally, and I practice survival, with or without you. Note, I’m good at it.

p.s. that you typed this shows how illiberal you truly are; it made my day.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

She’s not. Let someone else be the scapegoat after failing to drag another squishy-assed candidate over the finish line.

ddrintn on July 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I know she’s not. Evidently Mr Sun has info to the contrary.
Anyway she was no scapegoat, enough with the martyrdom. Nobody is blaming her for Juan McCrankypants’ loss. Her VP candidacy made her rockstar and a household name in the Conservative party. She’s a kingmaker and wields more party power than most active politicians. All well and good now time to let the crying towel dry up a bit and get over the fact that she’s not running for office…or feel free to blubber about it continuously.

Buttercup on July 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Naw…I’d be plenty satisfied if just you shut up.

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

How nakedly blatantly stupid you are – your plantation masters are not happy with your move. You slipped.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yeah, she indicates her husband as looking at a woman because of identity politics. Gotcha. I hope he picks Susanna Martinez just so I can watch your head explode.

DRayRaven on July 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Gee, you really aren’t very nice.

Not so good at that whole “logic” thing either.

HB3 on July 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

The “disgusting attacks” like pointing out that “high-powered Harvard-trained lawyer” Michelle Obama never really practiced law (other than a failed 2-year stint as an associate right out of law school) and instead was handed a couple of 6-figure political patronage jobs in Chicago where she did little, if any, real work (unless one considers helping to implement patient-dumping schemes to be work).

Odd how the same people who laugh about the vicious lies told about Sarah Palin’s career think it’s a “disgusting attack” to tell the truth about Michelle Obama’s.

AZCoyote on July 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Axelrod is calling Romney the worst person since Nixon because he won’t release his life-long tax returns and the names of Pac contributors. Ann (who is getting a bit like Sarah Palin! Bless her heart.) needs to ask Obama why it took him three years to release his birth certificate and spent millions keeping it under wraps in the courts (law suits brought by Hillary Clinton supporters, BTW) AND his student loan applications and his grades and I’d like to know exactly who his drug dealers were.

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I hold proof in my hands that Michelle Obama was paid 450,000/yr for devising a program by which hospital patients s/b dumped, illegally. This will be released at the most opportune time.

Yes, ladies and gents, this is the job Michelle Obama got by political operatives…whom would you rather have as FLOTUS, a good mother of 5, or this snake-spitting witch who dumped patients?

Note, libfreeordie wants me and you to shut up, especially me, which made me holler today.

p.s. libfreeordie is a black liberation female.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I’m sure she does feel that way. And she probably doesn’t understand why anyone could say anything at all bad about this good man she married.
But maybe someone can explain to her that in a presidential election, there will be a campaign.
Obama’s goal will be to win the election – which will require her husband losing it.
Either way, she and her husband will be just fine.
(Man, the stuff that gets traction sometimes…)

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM

libfreeordie and inthemiddle are the same latrine rat. They just fill in for each other.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

President Obama is an expert on the economy in some way?

Wagthatdog on July 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM

(Man, the stuff that gets traction sometimes…)

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Man, the language and civility that comes out from the left, especially after the AZ shooting and lecturing from Obama “more civility and etc”.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

The VP spot is far more valuable as Vote bait than as an actual position. Boy do these politicians milk every last drop (vote)out of this phony appeal to the various groups as “possibilities.”
No wonder they want a big tent -what’s next. “we’re even considering some Democrats and independents for the best person, though we hope our own party will serve4 us best?”

Don L on July 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

txmomof6 on July 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

rockmom on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Damnedable RINO idiots, Kay Barely has given support to illegal aliens, with her obstructionist bull. She needs to be FIRED, not elevated to Veep.

rayra on July 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

You really are a contemptible POS.

rayra on July 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Well neither have most of Obama’s supporters. They’re either the social leaders of the 1% and Hollywood or they just collect money from the rest of us.

Ann Romney’s never taken her entourage on a tax-payer paid vacation to Spain. She’s never required the tax-payers to fund a whole extra plane and entourage because she wouldn’t wait for 4 hours for her husband to sign a bill. I really doubt she’s taken 20 vacations in 3 years.

Notice I’m refraining from commenting on the First Lady’s abominable and sometimes sleazy taste in clothing.

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Jindal and Portman are the best picks out of that bunch.

I’ve been saying for a while that Romney needs a Cheney for V.P. How about Liz Cheney?

Mr. Arkadin on July 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

p.s. libfreeordie is a black liberation female.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I thought libfree was a gay dude.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

You think so? libfree will at least debate. inthemiddle seems more like a lib4life sock puppet to me–a braindead tool that just takes a big dump in threads and leaves.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

And these are the people who are going to decide who gets health care. If any of you don’t think the left won’t use this power to control free speech and political debate, you just haven’t been paying attention.

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM

p.s. libfreeordie is a black liberation female.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

This isn’t true, but what’s telling (and disgusting) is that you believe being a “black liberation female” is an insult. I would proudly identify as a black liberation gay man. But if thinking I’m a female version of someone who believes in black liberation…then OK. There’s nothing insulting about being in favor of black liberation. Never has, never will be. I suspect, however, that the only association you have with black liberation is James Cone and “black liberation” theology. But your ignorance around black political history is already well documented.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

How am I being uncivil?
Were you just looking for some forced segue-way to the AZ shooting?

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

The sky is not blue; it just appears to be so.

You are very entertaining.

You dwell in the modern day plantation and are Obama’s slave of the nonce.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

No, not you, those who’d just “kill Romney”.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

The bus tour is titled “Betting on America.”

But, “don’t blow a bunch of cash on Vegas”, ri-ight, Dear Leader?

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Is it ‘be super sensitive’ day?
Maybe ‘the left’ won’t need to be that powerful…to be more powerful.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Liberals are all the same.

Conservatives will debate the merits of a given issue, have a discussion. Sometimes, we disagree on the topic before us.

But when liberals come into any fray, it’s their same old cookie-cutter lib-textbook thing: racist, homophobic, bigoted, religious-right, Islamophobic, hateful, mean-spirited, unfair, et. al.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

The bus tour is titled “Betting on America.”

Alternative titles

“Betting America away”, or

“Bowing America away”.

Btw, the tour will do nothing for him. People have tuned him out.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Mr. Arkadin on July 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I am all for this! I would love to see her as the eventual First Woman President. I say this with admiration – she is one tough, smart broad.

I can’t think of any other woman outside of C. Rice that could do the job with tact, professionalism and an iron fist.

The way she handles the media is a thing to behold.

salem on July 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Untilt they slip. That’s when their masters lock them up.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

What did I say? Read again before acting like an ass.

Ann Romney was the one making a point of the fact that they were looking at female candidates. There’s no reason to note that if they’re qualified. It’s called “identity politics”. It was done in the last election. But please, go ahead and play along.

MadisonConservative on July 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Can you express yourself in any other way but outrageously outraged? It destroys the dialogue.

Your point about identity politics is true in a rather detached way, but women had to fight very hard for the right to vote and be elected and female politicians are still the exception. Once women will be as ubiquitous in public life as men, nobody’s going to mention their gender any more.

But as long as Sarah Palin and her daughters can be attacked in an extremely cruel and misogynist way and nobody on our side defends her, because we don’t want to play “identity politics”, we are not there.

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

No, not you, those who’d just “kill Romney”.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Ahh.
Ok. Thanks.
I look forward to a vigorous campaign.
And I think the Romneys should expect and prepare for such.
Obama and family have certainly faced just a tad bit of vitriol and hostility.
What sort of questions/topics will be considered too ‘kill’ like for Romney?

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

You can never free people in imaginary shackles.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM

@Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Every time I hear a liberal whine about ‘unfair’, I think of a kid who didn’t win a game.

The kid needs to learn about life, so I give him a pass.

When an adult liberal simpers that whine, I want to reach for a Louisville Slugger…

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

What sort of questions/topics will be considered too ‘kill’ like for Romney?

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I prefer that none use the term. Obam was to set an example after the AZ shooting. He called for it. He should have his rats follow the example…but alas, he doesn’t follow his own.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I’d say the irrational attacks on Palin were fairly balanced out by the irrational defenses.
Let’s call it a wash.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Is it ‘be super sensitive’ day?
Maybe ‘the left’ won’t need to be that powerful…to be more powerful.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

And is that what the socialists told the Jews after Kristolnacht? BTW, the left doesn’t remain loyal to it’s low-level tools. They get herded into the Gulags along with the traitors to the state.

You really think Occupy Wall Street will get to camp out and raise hell when the prolitariate takes over?

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Untilt they slip. That’s when their masters lock them up.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Yes. It’s inevitable, S, as history proves. They will one day be ‘counter-revolutionaries’ and be dealt with accordingly.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Just starve them.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

The sky is not blue; it just appears to be so.

Please re-take Poetic Style 101, your attempt to go for a haiku-like evocative phrase really crashed and burned here.

You are very entertaining.

Also not an insult. The best posters around here merge analysis with shade, wit, humor and a sly turn of phrase. Sadly, you’re not one of them.

You dwell in the modern day plantation and are Obama’s slave of the nonce.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’m going to ignore your poorly played attempt to slander me as a sex offender (slave of the nonce…really?). And just merely point out that you are showing your true colors with that plantation imagery. From the pro-slavery arguments of the confederates to the Dixiecrat-Republicans like Strom Thurmond white supremacists have always argued that black voters don’t make choices, but are coerced/bribed into political decisions. When you accuse black voters of being on a “plantation” for voting differently than the way you would like you join that ugly legacy. Why is it necessary for you to smear black voters with this charged imagery? Does it make you feel as if your choice within this two party system is somehow better? More nuanced? Is it a way of rationalizing your support for a broken two party system, you can say to yourself “at least I’m not on a plantation like black voters?” I refer you to this clip from Nobel Prize winning author Toni Morrison.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

She’s never held a wage paying job.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Well, she’s never held a fake job:

Michelle Obama had been working for the University of Chicago Hospital at a salary of $121,000 a year. But in 2005 after Barrack Obama was elected U.S. senator, Michelle got the promotion to Vice President of External Community Affairs, — a position that didn’t previously exist — and a $200,000 a year raise – to $316,000.

Coinky-dink?

Obama Requested $1 Million For Construction Of A New Hospital Pavilion At The University Of Chicago. In 2006, Obama requested that the University of Chicago receive $1 million to support its Construction of New Hospital Pavilion.

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Wow, overreact much?

You-Eh-Vee on July 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Let’s call it a wash.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Let’s call you clueless…

idesign on July 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM

There you are! I’ve been wondering where you’ve been.

Mr. Duh and I visited Big Daddy Don Garlit’s Antique Car Museum in Bellview a few months ago. He has one of Mrs. Eisenhower’s personal cars on display.

Flora Duh on July 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Been moving. Still haven’t closed on new place, so I am camping in another unit. Aaaaackkk!

katy the mean old lady on July 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Except that, you know, Ann Romney has never held a job in her life. ;0

Happy Nomad on July 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Exactly. How dare she speak up in public?! Get thee back to the nursery, woman!

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Let’s call it a wash.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

How about this: The irrational attacks, as you admitted here, should never have happened in the first place. Then there would have been no need for so-called ‘irrational defenses’, would there?

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

What sort of questions/topics will be considered too ‘kill’ like for Romney?

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Substitute Obama’s name in that sentence and see how many Secret Service folks show up at your front door. Ask for the e-mail address of an EPA functionary who believes in crucifixtion of businesses—his words, not mine—and the EPA show up with guns.

And then there’s the new game you people play. I think it’s called “swating”.

We are watching history repeat itself right now in the US. There is no lie the left won’t tell, no violence it will not commit. From the October Revolution to Tienamin Square, and the 100′s of millions of people murdered for “justice” and “the workers”.

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Well…based on your calling people ‘rats’ in protest of their use of the word ‘kill’, I think we all should just expect and deal with people being a bit strident now and then.
Here’s hoping for a grown ups presidential debate.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Portia46 on July 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

The shark has been jumped.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Just starve them.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Ah, the way I do it!

Liberals find validation in either surrender or opposition. I, on the other hand, disregard their postulates and ignore their tomes.

Blow off a liberal–deny it/him/her a pulpit from which to pronounce, and the liberal is disarmed, negated.

Basically, it’s impossible to win over to Marxism if no one is listening.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

1. I don’t do haiku. There is only one commenter on HA who can do it well.

2. If you were discerning you’d know that I never care what anyone thinks, good or bad. My nom doesn’t care either. It is just schadenfreudig. Plus, you wouldn’t know wit if it hit you with a club. Also, you wouldn’t know so much if you saw it right in front of you.

3. Shove all that latter writing into your black rear end. I helped more blacks than is possible to list here and I never cared what their color was. I am impervious to being called “racist” and so should be every person who is not one. Your tactic about this will fail. I don’t see people in black and white, gay or straight, religious or not and etc., you moron. You should know this by now.

Ignorance is true bliss.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

How is this different than Halliburton receiving federal contracts with Cheney in the White House? American politics is pay for play and conservatives have long advocated it as a form of “free speech.” Why do you have a problem only when Michelle Obama and Barack Obama did it?

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I refer you to this clip from Nobel Prize winning author Toni Morrison.

Please God, no.

HB3 on July 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

You’re wrong. I call them leftist latrine rats, always. They ski on the medium they dwell in. When starved or threatened they are the most fun to watch. I like the analogy.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM

“It is crazy, it sounds crazy….” Toni Morrison to Charlie Rose.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

These women are LESS qualified than even Palin was

KickandSwimMom on July 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Don’t know about the other 2, but I do know Ayotte is just as qualified as Palin, as she was our Attorney General here in NH before she ran for the Senate. And being an AG isn’t just trying high profile cases, but also is an executive position.

I hope Romney doesn’t pick her though. She’s doing fine as one of our Senators, but needs more D.C. experience.

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

The attacks against Palin came as a complete shock, at least to me, because they were so completely irrational.

I remember the “how dare she call herself a woman” line of attack. It was so absurd, but everybody nodded in agreement or just didn’t say anything in her defense. I thought that either I had gone crazy, or the rest of the world.

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Basically, it’s impossible to win over to Marxism if no one is listening.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

They’ll never win me over, nor will they ever affect me.

My aim is not to win them over either. My aim is to destroy them. Otherwise they will do same to you.

It’s all just schadenfreudig, for now. Later the real fun begins.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

JINDAL/WEST

or PALIN/WEST

Pragmatic on July 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Anonymous leaks, the Ann Romney strategy. I feel like that’s not a really good campaign strategy.

lester on July 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Stupidest thing you’ve ever posted here.

A+

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Oh, PLEASE, let this be true! I miss the great ’08 SNL season with the Palin stuff. New material on the way!

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

SNL hasn’t had a “great season” since about 1977.

Would love to see them try and take Ayotte down, though. They’ll fail almost as spectacularly as your post here does.

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Thank you. Only latrine rats are equally normal. Who wants to be normal and sane, and the same as all the other? It w/b boring and difficult to survive the likes of you.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Gelsomina on July 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

And where we’re the so called Republican leaders when she was attacked relentlessly?

idesign on July 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

lester on July 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Stupidest thing you’ve ever posted here.

A+

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I couldn’t even decipher what he was trying to say but I can see how you are interpreting it and if that is how it was meant, then wow!!! A++ and a 1601 on the SAT.

Kataklysmic on July 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Interesting – “we’ve” been looking?

Guess we know who wears the pants in that family. Totally unsurprising with the milquetoast, bollock-less Romney.

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

“We are the President.”

Democrat Hillary Clinton, 1993.

F-

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

After all my time among liberals, and having been one myself when the idea wasn’t so hardcore and entrenched like today, I see no reason to believe liberals can be redeemed.

As a student of the Sciences all my life, including psychology, there is no explanation of liberals.

It’s easy to call them crazy, but they aren’t. Liberals are coherent, not fitting any psychological or legal definition of insane. Liberals are fully cognizant.

Speaking scientifically, liberals needs a whole new classification unto themselves.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I know who is it, its going to be Snowe! Romney wins the elections and guarantees a Obama lite presidency!

nathor on July 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Interesting – “we’ve” been looking?

inthemiddle on July 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

The misogyny’s not awesome inthemiddle. Get your life right.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

rockmom on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I could live with Fallin or Susana Martinez. We don’t need two New England moderates (Romney and Ayotte) or a social liberal (Condi Rice). Kay Bailey Hutchison makes absolutely no sense.

bw222 on July 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That in mind, I once made a joke of, “Liberal, rope, tree–some assembly required.”

Liberals FREAKED and I almost got banned from here.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Why do you have a problem only when Michelle Obama and Barack Obama did it?

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Pay to play is disgusting no matter who does it. Why don’t you have a problem with a husband and wife shakedown team?

The no-bid contract to Halliburton was cancelled after it came to light.

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Being married to a wealthy man doesn’t make you an expert on anything.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Tell that to your heroine Zsa Zsa Huffington. You folks on the Left all think she’s an expert on everything. Especially on how to marry rich men who then turn Gay.

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Let’s call it a wash.

verbaluce on July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Palin was pretty much muzzled and many of her so-called “gaffs” were actually the work of others (e.g. Ditzy Nicolle Wallace and the $125k wardrobe).

bw222 on July 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

The misogyny’s not awesome inthemiddle. Get your life right.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Get Fluked, both of you, or the same of you.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

How is this different than Halliburton receiving federal contracts with Cheney Bill Clinton in the White House? American politics is pay for play and conservatives liberals have long advocated it as a form of “free speech.”

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

FIFY – Not that you’re at all interested in facts but Clinton also gave Haliburton no-bid contracts and rightly so as there are only 4 companies in the world who do what Haliburton does but they are the best at it and the only one based in the USA.

Buttercup on July 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Liberal males are the most sexist of all.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Can you please give us some credible examples of “all the disgusting attacks conservatives have leveled against Michelle Obama.”?

And I mean attacks by prominent conservatives, not posters here on Hot Gas.

All I’ve seen in the national conservative media is rightful criticism of the highly suspicious “job” she held in Chicago, a job that was never filled after she left the position. As well as some well-deserved criticism from some folks about her trying to tell everyone else in America what they should and shouldn’t be allowed to eat.

Please enlighten us.

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This crap is funny coming from worshippers of little Bammie, who until unfortunately becoming our president had not held a real job since a high school job at a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop.

slickwillie2001 on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I say again, Sarah Palin.

rayra on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

salem on July 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Liz has the best foreign policy background of all the folks being touted for the job, male or female.

She may be the best candidate, period.

Picking her would be a real “game-changer”.

Mr. Arkadin on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Liberal males are the most sexist of all.

Liam on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

And only stupid women are for Obama.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

That job is being ‘held’ for her by a Chicago male friend, part of the machine.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Sure!

And I mean attacks by prominent conservatives, not posters here on Hot Gas.

Oh, well that’s different isn’t it. I was referring to folks around here. I will agree that GOP politicians and conservtive commentators outside of Glenn Beck and Rush have been respectful of Michelle.

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM

And you ARE?

(Laughter)

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Don’t bother with Beck at all, so I don’t know what he’s said.

As for Limbaugh, he calls her “Michelle ma Belle”. How is that an “insult”?

Del Dolemonte on July 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Why do you have a problem only when Michelle Obama and Barack Obama did it?

libfreeordie on July 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I have to ask, do they send liberals to an “accuse the accusers” debate strategy camp when they are younguns?

Fallon on July 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM