Team Romney: No way are we declaring a “ceasefire” on health care

posted at 7:01 pm on July 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

The inevitable reassurance after Eric Fehrnstrom’s “not a tax” soundbite kicked off a new round of anxiety over Romney. When Allen West is on Fox News in primetime telling conservatives that it might be time for some new presidential campaign staff, you know the moment has come for damage control.

So is the Romney campaign, in fact, declaring a “cease-fire” on Obamacare? No, no, no, says Romney spokesman Ryan Williams. “From our perspective, Obamacare has been and will continue to be a central issue in the campaign,” says Williams. “It presents voters with a bright line that divides the two candidates. Gov. Romney is going to repeal Obamacare and President Obama is going to keep it. There is a clear choice in November.”…

Williams notes that Romney made a public statement, shortly after the Supreme Court decision was announced, pledging his continued determination to repeal the health care law. In addition, Romney’s “Day One” commercials, which prominently feature the promise to repeal Obamacare, are still playing in several states. The campaign also released a web ad after the Supreme Court decision, promising to keep up the Obamacare fight. It also made regular announcements on the amount of money the campaign raised from supporters who oppose the Supreme Court ruling. And Romney’s campaign website, MittRomney.com, is filled with emphatic promises to repeal Obamacare.

So much for National Journal’s “ceasefire” speculation this morning — although I do think Team Mitt expects it’ll be roundly forgiven by the right for letting this issue slip during the campaign so long as their chances of winning are increasing. If those horrible new manufacturing numbers signal a wider economic downturn and end up sending Romney out to, say, a consistent four-point lead, no one’s going to be clamoring for him to shift his messaging from the economy to a battle o’ the mandates. A few lines about O-Care in his stump speech will suffice. The only way in which this ends up center stage, I think, is if (a) Obama and Romney get into an extended “ObamaCare vs. RomneyCare” exchange at the debates, when health care will assuredly come up, or (b) if the economy surprises everyone and starts to grow faster, forcing Mitt to come up with a Plan B. ObamaCare — or ObamaTax, if Team Mitt is willing to embrace that argument — is a logical fallback plan, but in light of Fehrnstrom’s answer last night, it looks like the Romney campaign wouldn’t at all be comfortable fighting that fight. They can do it if they have to by focusing on the cost, rationing, etc, but my hunch is that they think public opinion’s already more or less cemented on this. (The fact that the needles haven’t moved much in the post-SCOTUS polls seems to confirm that suspicion.) If Obama’s leading by four in September thanks to an economic rebound, it’s hard to believe that the thousandth iteration of “one-size-fits-all health-care plans are bad” will make up the difference. (If the public believed that, they wouldn’t be so keen on Medicare, right?)

All of which is to say, the “ObamaCare = ObamaTax” argument might be the only thing left to say about the program that the public hasn’t heard before (much) and which might actually move the needle. Is Romney’s team willing to embrace it? Stephen Hayes urges him to bite the bullet:

It’s inconceivable that at least some of the campaign this fall will not focus on the differences between what Obama did at the federal level and what Romney did in Massachusetts, with the Obama campaign seeking to obscure those differences and Romney trying to accentuate them. Why not call it a tax and include those differences in that debate?…

“Romney is quickly proving himself to be what some of us expected, very reactionary without a clear alternative to Obamacare,” said one Republican congressman. “The American people want and need the truth from him. Romneycare was both legal and a failure at the state level. Romney should just come clean.”

“It doesn’t quite matter whether Romney calls this a tax, a penalty, or a potato. Voters will call it a tax and so will every other Republican candidate running for every other office,” [a Republican strategist] says. “It will be the most popular attack ad in Senate and House campaigns. Much like the president resisted the term Obamacare before he embraced it, we are two months away from even Romney calling it a tax. Gravity cannot be suspended.”

Is that the Hail Mary if Romney ends up trailing with only a few weeks to go — telling America that he’s learned the hard way what ambitious mandate-driven health-care programs can do and urging it to repent while it still has time, like some Ghost of Health-Care Christmas Future? Can’t imagine Team Mitt would be eager to run on a “my signature gubernatorial achievement was a terrible mistake” platform, but we’re gaming out worst-case scenarios here.

Here’s Allen West last night on Fox pushing the ObamaTax line and urging Romney to follow suit.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

I’m tired and I’m out. But think on this… there is NO hope with Obama. t of no return”.

Murf76 on July 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

There is no hope with Romney, either. The sooner you guys realize that the better off so many of us will be. You as well.

Good night.

I am for a good cigar.

riddick on July 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

oldroy on July 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

My hope is that at the least he will keep Rom0bama from wining with a mandate [50% of the vote], and at best becomes the nest Ross Perot sans the dropping out of the campaign part WHEN Romney pisses off Americans again.

The former is a must, the latter a dream, but dreams DO come true. Just look at the 2010 election cycle for the proof of that.

DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Yep, same Newt who only SAID he supports one as opposed to Romney who IMPLEMENTED one. Newt, who STOPPED HillaryCare, had he really wanted to suppor the idea wouldn’t he let Hillary implement it?

Learn the difference. If you don’t, then there is no hope for you.

Romney useful idiots keep proving how bad their candidate is. Unprompted.

riddick on July 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I’m calling bull$h!t on that one. Riddickulous bull$h!t.

oldroy on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

See, Murf? On Time Delivery, every time. LOL

BlaxPac on July 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Ouch.

Murf76 on July 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Respectful. And you’ve done this kind of thing all day.

oldroy on July 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

What was disrespectful in that? Care to compare it with a FEW of your recent posts?

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

And as with every other government program, it’s costs will skyrocket and do even more damage down the road to the point of destroying the economy.

[Reference Greece, Spain for how this happens]

How is anything going to blossom when the economy collapses?

Or don’t you care about that happening as long as you get your ‘Free health care’ in the meantime?

Chip on July 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Nice. Let’s pick historically two basket-case economies and present them as standard-issue “big government” visions of America’s future.

That’s sensible.

bifidis on July 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Tell me:
[Trust me, I’m going to ask this AGAIN when you try to dodge it]

How is El Presidente Downgrade’s National Socialist agenda DIFFERENT from those other economies such that we won’t suffer the same fate?

Chip on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Ah. Of course. You want Romney to win, but just barely. So you’d like to see Gary Johnson get a few percent but not too much?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Ouch.

Murf76 on July 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM

True. But Oh, so funny.

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Yes, let’s compare Obamacare to Stalin’s Russia in the mid-20th century. That’s logical. How about let’s do something really nutty and compare the USA today to any of the, well, three dozen countries with socialized medicine in 2012 and higher life expectancies than the USA?

Shoots. Scores. Game over.

bifidis on July 3, 2012 at 11:45 PM

That mortality rate includes the Democratic enclaves of inner city kids cheerfully shooting each other. Factor that out and there isn’t much difference between western Europe and the US.

sharrukin on July 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Not nearly that simple.

The other countries lie. They get better results by falsifying the data.

For example Cuba does not count a child as living unless they live to two years old. The other countries do the same with premature babies. Premature deaths are not counted like we count them. Even full term babies are not counted if they have a genetic disease because why punish the State for a stupid decision to not abort by a stupid parent.

Why do people from these Countries come to America when they get sick if we are worse here?

Silence.

Well with Obama Care we will also start murdering 140,000 a year in hospitals. It is not that the nurses failed to bring patients water it was that the hospital decided to murder them by depriving them of water that they drank plant water. Of course that was Britten it would be millions dying in America because of the Murder Panels. I am sorry but how is Britten better than Hitler. Obama is just the new Hitler with Mitt helping him.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I’m calling bull$h!t on that one. Riddickulous bull$h!t.

oldroy on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Respectful? Hardly.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Well, its because we wouldn’t want Gary Johnson to show everyone up with his super bad-azz campaigning skillz!

Sometimes it’s like listening to a Red Sox fan, I swear….hehehehe

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Did the bildeburgers tell mitt that he wouldn’t be ordained unless he lays off Oromneycare?

audiotom on July 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Respectful? Hardly.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

After a whole day of this nonsense you’ve both got it coming times 10. You sowed it, now you are going to reap it. You’ve got it coming for days or weeks, maybe months.

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

You don’t have the corner on the market in the Tea Party, Danno. I’d wager most of us have turned out.

You guys need to pull it together though. We don’t get to choose our own reality. We deal with what we have. Today, that’s Mitt Romney, not a perfect candidate, but I think he’s got the potential to be great. And if not, at least he’s not a card-carrying socialist, bent on “transforming” America and the liberties we once enjoyed.

I’m out.

Murf76 on July 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Nope! I would vote for Romney IF I thought 0bama could win, but I don’t.

Again, I wish to vote for a conservative candidate and see him WIN. Why is that so hard to understand? Do Big Government politicians really appeal to you that much? They must appeal to Romney supporters because growing the size of government is his record. Heck, he even gave Planned
Parenthood a seat at the Big Government table.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

People like you, useful morons, were the first wave Stalin and Co, exterminated once their usefulness was exceeded. Too bad the likes of you weren’t around then…

riddick on July 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM

OK. So you’re wishing for my extermination? And which wave are you in? And what does that make you?

You need to go to church.

bifidis on July 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Not nearly that simple.

The other countries lie. They get better results by falsifying the data.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Interesting. I know some of that ‘massaging’ of data is starting to happen with law enforcement in the US and has been commonplace in Europe for a long time. Wasn’t aware it extended to the medical stats as well, but I guess that should have been obvious in retrospect.

sharrukin on July 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Murf76 on July 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Well said, sir. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow….

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Sometimes it’s like listening to a Red Sox fan, I swear….hehehehe

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Or a Raiders fan. :)

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You don’t have the corner on the market in the Tea Party, Danno.

Murf76 on July 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yet I, unlike YOU, are part of the leadership team. I belong. You stay at home. I work for what I believe in. You whine about it.

Feeling proud? Thought not.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Feeling proud? Thought not.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Well. We didn’t know you were part of the leadership team. Now that makes a difference.

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Just listen to yourself. Had the GOP candidate been Perry, as an example only, would we even have this discussion today?

Honest answer, please.

riddick on July 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Ah, think I found it. And yes… I was a Perry supporter at one time. There was all sorts of bellyaching and moaning from conservatives with their eye on another candidate at the time, many of them Newt supporters as I recall. I don’t think that would’ve resolved for some of them. Because, to be completely honest, I think some are still re-litigating the primary.

The primary is over though, and regardless of which candidate had emerged, even Newt whom I despised, I’d be supporting him now without all the bad-mouthing. I’d prioritize booting Obama.

Murf76 on July 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Yes…to all of it

Gig Em’

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

danny jo….here it is hours later and you still post the same recycled crap. really? no life ….night nutter.

CW on July 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Feeling proud? Thought not.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

What leadership team? I thought the whole idea behind the TEA party was that it was mostly a loose confederation, with no leadership structure per se.

So why do you feel that your words or action carry so much weight it could get another candidate put up by the GOP for the GE?

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Well as part of the leadership team could you ask Gov. Romney to give Mr. Etch-A-Sketch a lower profile position in the campaign. Like away from media.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

There you go again making excuses for your own inadequacies. You cannot debate successfully so you resort to liberal styled attacks. You have no substance to offer so you whine.

I have a histry of winning the minds and hearts of voters. What do you have? Questions that you refuse to find the answers to for yourself.

You might like being led around by the nose as the GOP is doing with voters this year. I myself refuse to surrender my convictions to a party with an apparent liberal agenda.

My advice to you is to get out there. Get involved. Discover the truths for yourself. Ask your representatives the difficult questions. Believe it or not, you DO deserve better, but you won’t get it if you don’t work for it.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Ross Perot…seriously?

seriously?

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

You need to go to church.

bifidis on July 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

He was just stating the facts for you.

Domestic Terrorist Ayres estimated 25% of Americans would have to be exterminated for his plan to make America a Communist Country. Now we are seeing Obama put that plan into place. You will be top on the list even before the Tea Party.

Study every other Communist Dictatorship.

Before you say anything Mitt actually learned from Saul Alinsky Ayres teacher. His father sang the praises of the USSR and North Vietnam both of which murdered millions when they got into power. Mitt interpreted for his father in France and was his fathers spokesman. Mitt still adores his father putting his picture on his 2008 buss even.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Ross Perot…seriously?

seriously?

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

NoMittObama2012.

Anyone but these two.

Johnsons site is slammed. It will not even function.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I’m so sorry! YOU must have missed the news report. You see, it was one of his election team that told the story of the real Sketchy Mitt Romney, and Sketchy NEVER refuted that. Indeed, the person responsible for releasing that revealing info STILL has his job on Liberal Team Romney.

Dear lady, please do not blame me for the faults of your liberal candidate. I never told you to support him. I would never be that unkind to you.

Would you like the number/contact info for Team Romney? I could find that for you, I’m sure!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Do you mean Obama or Romney hear? I haven’t heard anything like this about Romney.

sharrukin on July 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Do the research. You will be surprised… AGAIN!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Ross Perot…seriously?

seriously?

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

You’ve read the prior post…you know serious isn’t a word that should be used…kidding maybe…lol

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

There ya go thinking again! Instead of guessing why aren’t you involved.

I’m sorry that you are so clueless today but the fault lays [lies?] with you for staying home so much.

You didn’t really believe the liberal media would inform you about We TEA Party Patriots, did ya? LAO!!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Nope! I would vote for Romney IF I thought 0bama could win, but I don’t.

Parenthood a seat at the Big Government table.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Do whatever your heart (LOL) tells you Danno. Seriously. You have one single vote in a State in which that one vote won’t matter, via the EC.

Have a good time, Son!. You’ve baited those here quite well. Why members keep responding to you has me mystified, but such is the nature of political Blogs.

Keep your point front and forward. I take comfort in the fact that your vote will sin=mplybe an asterisk next to the Also Rans….

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

How do you know what level of involvement I have taken up this cycle? How many doors have you had slammed in your face? How many candidate signatures did you get? Do you know how many I have?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Roy, EVERYONE that participates and gets out in front when things are happening is a respected part of the leadership. I’ve always been the 600lb. gorilla in any room, but in this case it is my command of the issues that puts me out in front. Also, no politician scares me. Yes, I ask my questions/make my points respectfully, but I don’t cower in fear like the people that stay at home. You see, government is supposed to be afraid of US, not the other way around.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

So Danno, which Tea party leadership are you a part of?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

bifidis on July 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Tell me:

Chip on July 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

How do you know what level of involvement I have taken up this cycle?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Your posts prove to me that you don’t have the training to properly approach people, thus you never volunteered.

Volunteers get trained. Didn’t you know that? HMM!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Doh….

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM

There ya go thinking again! Instead of guessing why aren’t you involved.

Well, im not guessing on this…I’m reasonably sure you have not the slightest idea of what you speak of.

Whoops! You can now officially change that from reasonably to absolutely.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Nope. But i do believe that my research that tells me that your branch on the TEA party tree needs to be trimmed real fast.

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Thank you, but you must have missed the news flash of how badly Rom0bama has pissed off republicans last weekend. Many here wish to apply unglued bandaids to the wounds inflicted by the Romney campaign. Is it working?

Another reason people respond to me is they believe they can refute my evidence [links included] with liberal dogma. That is the only reason I post here. To inform, and provide an example of what others could accomplish.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Oh, sorry, I thought you were with Team Romney. I usually skip your comments, are you Team Obama?

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Volunteers get trained. Didn’t you know that? HMM!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

What Tea Party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

You must be hoping to have your Big Government Overlords accomplish that since you, and most wouldn’t have a chance otherwise. ‘

Wow! I can smell your FAIL from Michigan. /s

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

What Tea Party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I’m sorry! What is your address?

See how stupid your post is now?

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Enjoy your Bammy check for creating posts on Conservative sites. At $.25/post, you must be making a freaking fortune….LOL!

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Oh, sorry, I thought you were with Team Romney.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Say! I never called you a POS. Why do you call me one?

Damn liberals!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Comedy. That’s what you are going for, right? You are just pulling our legs?

What Tea party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Jealousy doesn’t become you, and you do a good job of showing your fear with lame posts like that.

Don’t blame me because you are stuck with a lousy liberal candidate. I have NOTHING to do with Liberal Camp Romney. Not now, or ever.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Really? Hows that campaign to get Gary John-zzzzz to be the next President going? Has he broke the all important 2% ceiling of people that-know-who-the-F-he-is-or-care-he’s-running yet?

Ron Paul’s supporters just called…they want their 3rd Party schtick back.

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Volunteers get trained. Didn’t you know that? HMM!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

What Tea Party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I think he’s high off the win for PRI in Mexico…Viva Gary Johnson for the Pothead Win!

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Say! I never called you a POS. Why do you call me one?

Damn liberals!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Oof. Your messing with fire. I’ll just stand back now.

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Say! I never called you a POS. Why do you call me one?

Damn liberals!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Care to quote exactly when this occurred? Standing by…..

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

What Tea party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Your attempt to illict personal informtion from me could be conscrued as posing a threat to me AND my family. Do I need to report you to the FBI?

Maybe an e-mail to the HotAir team would suffice…

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I’m noto too worried, DannyBoy. We all know why you’re here and what you’re ultimate goal is. Keep on cashin’ that $.25/post check! LOL.

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Maybe an e-mail to the HotAir team would suffice…

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Go right ahead. My curiosity is more about how and why a tea-party would have a “leadership” team, and why you would be on it. It’s just bizarre.

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

First moron bifidis, and now ridiculous moby dannojyd?

Good lord there are some ***** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * * *

tom daschle concerned on July 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Good post Cindy Mumford. This wag Lehrstrom needs to do paper work not public relations. We don’t care what HE thinks, only what MITT thinks and it is obviously different. About the other wags on this thread, why doesn’t everyone ignore them, they are just agitating. Be happy, I think we might just win!

AReadyRepub on July 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

What Tea party leadership team are you on?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Maybe an e-mail to the HotAir team would suffice…

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

?

*facepalm*

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Maybe an e-mail to the HotAir team would suffice…

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

No such threat existed, existed, except in your own mind. However, you have just made a statement that could be considered either libel or slander. Which one would you like to be charged with?

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Maybe he’s the zampolit for his branch?

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

LOL! POS is your interpretation, not mine. I’m not going to try to talk you into voting against your conscience. Anybody who would take all this abuse obviously feels strongly about their vote. Good luck to us all.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I’d go with Libel, Danno…Slander just sounds so bourgeois, no?

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

sharrukin on July 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Romney have the links to prove.

Though Obama is more tightly tied to Saul Alinsky. But less directly.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I’d go with Libel, Danno…Slander just sounds so bourgeois, no?

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Agreed. But, it’s for the “Common Good” this type of poster seems ti favor….

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

and before that I worked at the grass roots level.

DannoJyd

And now we get to the root of the Gary Johnson appeal.

xblade on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Uhhh…”to”..arghhh.

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Agreed. But, it’s for the “Common Good” this type of poster seems ti favor….

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Me, I’m of the opinion he’s just a big Gary…*YAWN*…Johnzzzzz supportor so he can stand out even further from the Paulbots that usually inhabit here.

And now we get to the root of the Gary Johnson appeal.

xblade on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Johnson could wrap himself in bacon, and he’d still have no appeal…

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

xblade on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

more cowbell

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I’d go with Libel, Danno…Slander just sounds so bourgeois, no?

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Tea Party leadership. 600 lb. Gorilla. I guess when he grows up he’ll be the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Those mad Tea Party Management skills, yo!

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Don’t forget steveangells and the best of the rest, Renalin. I told him to shut up but I never heard back. All that waiting for nuthin.

AReadyRepub on July 4, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Romney have the links to prove.

Though Obama is more tightly tied to Saul Alinsky. But less directly.

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I will look into some of that. Thanks.

sharrukin on July 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Johnson could wrap himself in bacon, and he’d still have no appeal…

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yep. He was a good Governor for our State. He is not Presidential material. And DannoJyd doesn’t really want him to win anyway, he just wants to keep Mitt from getting 50%…..

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Agreed. But, it’s for the “Common Good” this type of poster seems ti favor….

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

And now we get to the root of the Gary Johnson appeal.

xblade on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Johnson could wrap himself in bacon, and he’d still have no appeal…

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Agreed. Notice how the “rat” has deserted the sinking (supporting his argument) thread….. probably elsewhere spreading the .65& of the vote message…..LOL

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Any chance a moby could put up a schtick like this for a full day without slipping up? I don’t think he is a moby, but golly….all that bluster for “I want Romney to win, but not by more than 50%”.

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Yeah, whatever.

Dunedainn on July 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

*ducks in*

Romney supporters still acting like d*ckwads to anyone who criticizes him? Awesome! Keep up the good work, ladies!

*ducks out*

MadisonConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

And don’t call it Obamacare, It’s Obamadoesn’tcare. -Herman Cain

mike_NC9 on July 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

*ducks in*

*ducks out*

MadisonConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

This and his spokesman saying Obama is doing a great job made me look closer at Mitt.

Great.

Really.

Who could think that?

Steveangell on July 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

MadisonConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

It’s not okay to criticize you for criticizing candidate Romney? I pray we have Mitt to bitch about for the next 4 years but getting rid of Obama is job one.

mike_NC9 on July 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

MadisonConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Troll. And don’t you come back here and tell me (again) what an asset you are to this site, blah blah blah. That was a troll move, and you know it.

CanofSand on July 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

oldroy on July 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I’m sure Gov Johnson has a lot of good qualities, some of them may even make him go down in history as one of the greatest governors since “Chinese” Gordon.

OTOH, i think Gordon will be remembered a lot longer than Johnson…and get more votes too.

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I wish this shrinking violet would tell us what she realy thinks, instead of sugar coating it:

“As promised, Romney has folded on ObamaCare too, although had I wagered money on the timing, I would have thought that he would have lasted at least a week. But apparently the revenue curve from stupid, imbecilic suckers giving Romney money in the wake of the SCOTUS decision fell off hard enough that the Romney people felt that it served no more purpose to perpetuate the repeal charade.”

“I hope every single one of you who gave that forked-tongued jackass money feel the full shame and embarrassment of your own gullibility and obtuseness. This slackjawed sentimentalism WILL BE THE DEATH OF ALL OF US. Your rah-rah loyalty to con-artists who wrap themselves in platitudes so that you can have a “team” that makes you feel good about yourself isn’t noble or admirable. It is nauseating and disgusting. It is truly sickening to see people elevate false sentiment over truth – all for the sake of a truly shallow SOCIAL EXPERIENCE.

Ignorance is one thing. Abject stupidity in the face of mountains of pounding evidence is another. ”

LegendHasIt on July 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

LegendHasIt on July 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Barnhardt’s a birther and an idiot-but I repeat myself.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

So, in other words, you ARE an intellectually dishonest hack, lol. I suspected as much anyway.

Hillary wasn’t interested in an individual mandate, she wanted full blown, government run, universal health care.

By the way, I don’t remember HillaryCare being an issue in 2009. I remember Obama pushing for a mandate though, and Newt supported the idea…AGAIN.

And I’m pretty sure he supported the mandate in Massachusetts too. But let’s forget about that, and just pretend it didn’t happen. He probably didn’t mean it anyway though, since he never did it, lol.

Learn the difference. If you don’t, then there is no hope for you.

I do know the difference. It’s sad that you do not.

Romney useful idiots keep proving how bad their candidate is. Unprompted.

riddick

And idiots like you just continue to show why you ARE idiots, irrespective of your candidate of choice.

Oh, and a little FYI for you….Romney isn’t my candidate. He is a horrible option among a group of horrible candidates that we had to choose from. But just because I detest the idea that we have him as our candidate doesn’t mean I’m going to lie about Gingrich or any other candidate, or rewrite history. I’ll leave that to hacks like you and supreme court justices.

xblade on July 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

ManWithNoParty on July 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

You’ve seen a sample of what I’ll be telling them. What do you think people hearing it from a GOP volunteer will think? Could it be that working at the official HQ. will add a bit of oomph?

Don’t you worry about your local HQ. You won’t go so you won’t know what is happening there anymore than you have a clue about how your representatives are planning on doing so they again make your life interesting.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Another predictable series of comments with the same three Obama-supporting fake conservatives (DannyJyd, etc.) saying the same things, lying about and bashing Romney, and campaigning for an Obama win. You can tell these people love being the center of attention when they gleefully respond, with increasingly longer postings, to anyone who addresses them. They feed off the attention. How do these people have so much free time on their hands to clutter these threads with all their petty squabbling and repetitive blather? I think some people have figured out that, if you come on a conservative site and relentlessly libel our Republican nominee and campaign for Obama, you will receive attention by getting a lot of readers mad.

“IF you are still here in a months and notice my absence I want you to know that I’ll again busy influencing the minds of voters looking for information at our local GOP Victory HQ on a daily basis. Well, at least 5 evenings a week. I usually am in charge of opening that up.”

-DannoJyd, Obama supporter and attention-seeking, fake conservative troll on HotAir.com, on July 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM

DannyJyd is influencing people, but probably not in the way he hopes. His self-obsessed, shallow, embarrassing and delusional ramblings here merely show others what idiots the Romney bashers really are. I know that seeing his desperate, nonsensical, pro-Obama, anti-Romney spam in this comment section has only strengthened my support for Romney.

At this point, if someone isn’t for Romney (the one person who can repeal Obamacare), then they are supporting Obama’s reelection. It’s pretty simple. Conservatives, most independents and even many smart Dems are united behind Romney. This fact annoys the heck out of the fake conservative, pro-Obama commenters here, who have failed miserably in their efforts to help Obama by desperately trying to stir up any kind of resentment against our nominee.

I’m feeling good about our chances in November. The Romney campaign has impressed me and has been quick with the ad responses and continues to do VERY well with the fundraising. Especially looking forward to Mitt taking it to Obama in the debates. It will be during the debates when many voters will get their first good look at Mitt, and fortunately these are the kinds of settings where Mitt shines.

bluegill on July 4, 2012 at 5:17 AM

bluegill on July 4, 2012 at 5:17 AM

There you are! Trying to get more people thinking of voting for 0bama as a way to pay back the GOP RINO’s?

Don’t you fret. I’m CERTAIN you will get a few people, not me though, to vote for 0bama since it is better to vote for the Real Liberal than voting for the RINO.

Remember 2008? Here it comes again! Thank you GOP and its weak spined syncophants!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 5:43 AM

This fits right in with the topic, so here we go again:

Mitt Romney is struggling to mount an effective response to the US Supreme Court’s approval of Barack Obama’s health care reforms due to his inconvenient record on the issue, Republican strategists have admitted.

Great! Now even the Brits are laughing at We Republicans! [insert blasmaphous string of words here]

Maybe I’ll change my party affiliation after the [insert blasmaphous string of words here] elections. SHEESH!

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 5:55 AM

This “new round of anxiety” over Romney was silly and stupid. Just a week ago, practically every conservative maintained Obamacare was an unconstitutional expansion of govt power via the commerce clause, not a tax. But now we’re supposed to unthink that, like Winston rewriting history in 1984, because it doesn’t fit this week’s meme. Like Democrats, I might add.

And it doesn’t even make a difference. Obamacare was pushed through via reconciliation, so it can be killed the same way. We didn’t need SCOTUS for that. We can still bash Obama for 21 new “taxes” on the middle class whether we view the mandate itself as a tax or not.

As I said, this whole thing was silly and stupid.

DRayRaven on July 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM

GET SMART republicans!!! There are some TERRIBLE aspects of this bill. Why don’t you highlight those? Sometimes I wonder if you are all masked progressives. Do you really love this law because of the power it will bring you if you take control back? Santorum was right about Romney’s weakness with regard to fighting Obamacare. I am SO frustrated and already regretting the little donation I sent to Romney on Thursday.

durhamite on July 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM

This is how the system you works….you get together with like minded people and find someone who can lead and who can win and you run that person for office. You put together an organization. Get on the ballots. Raise money. Make yourself known to people.

That requires more than name calling on a comment thread. It is not Romney;s fault if you and people like you could not get it together to come up with someone else who could win. You seem to think that you are entitled to get what you want without having to do the necessary work to make it happen.

Terrye on July 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

There’s another neat thing about the political system! It’s called “building support” and “winning votes.” For instance, see the below excerpt from SteveZ,

Ever since ObamaCare was passed, Rasmussen polls have consistently shown that about 55% of likely voters want it repealed, and less than 40% want to keep it. Some of those 55% might not have supported Romney for other reasons, and may have been willing to put up with 4 more years of Obama without ObamaCare, if SCOTUS had struck it down.

Steve Z on July 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Rather than complaining about how “TrueConz” should stop criticizing Obamacare, Terrye, perhaps you and other hardcore Romney supporters might consider looking at a poll once in awhile and consider trying to win some of these voters. Then again, I guess the 55% of the country that wants Obamacare gone is just too “extremist” for you.

This whole thread was pretty much exactly what I expected; Romney supporters harassing Obamacare critics because the topic is too embarrassing for the former governor to want to discuss on the campaign trail. A disgrace.

Doomberg on July 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

This whole thread was pretty much exactly what I expected; Romney supporters harassing Obamacare Romneycare critics because the topic is too embarrassing for the former governor to want to discuss on the campaign trail. A disgrace.

Doomberg on July 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

By way of clarification. :)

gryphon202 on July 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Romney’s minions fail to understand that Obama, thru the Affordable Care Act, has truncated our freedom of choice and diminished our Constitutional liberties. We are becoming slaves of the State and most citizens are totally ignorant of that fact. Wake up people before it’s too late.

rplat on July 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

We’ve been rolled people. Please wake up. Oh yes don’t fear I’m voting Romney but I have no disillusions of what I’m getting, it’s just a different flavor of socialism for the NWO.
What has the GOP and tea-party done for you? Increase spending Obama? Done. Increase debt ceiling? Sure. No budget in 3+ years? Okay. Amnesty? Done. New wars? Okey dokey. Where has Obama been given any restraint?
And our guy – the one we all $bombed to save the republic? The guy who wrote the obamacare template and supports the mandate? Whose inner circle advisors were at the WH helping to draft obamacare? Who refuses to disown romneycare and the damage done in MA? And now whose advisor is openly parroting the Dem line about a penalty.
Please go back to your families, prepare yourselves to the new world order, enjoy what time we have left as “free” people. Happy 4th.

quiz1 on July 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM