Quotes of the day

posted at 9:11 pm on July 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

Hostility toward the Supreme Court has risen sharply since Chief Justice John Roberts Jr. upheld the Obama health care law. People are apparently angry that the court didn’t rid them of a law they detest. But that’s silly. If Americans want to replace this thing, they should do it themselves

Republicans say they trust the people. If that’s true, then they won’t waste another futile breath bashing the court for upholding Obamacare. They’ll explicitly tell the country how they would replace it. Democracy is a contest between alternatives, not a deus ex machina stroke from the lords in black robes.

***

It’s on his to-do list, but U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says the odds are against repealing the health care law championed by President Barack Obama…

“If you thought it was a good idea for the federal government to go in this direction, I’d say the odds are still on your side,” McConnell said. “Because it’s a lot harder to undo something than it is to stop it in the first place.”…

If given control of the Senate next year, McConnell said he would support using budget reconciliation rules to repeal it. Doing so would prohibit Senate filibusters and require only 51 votes to succeed. In 2010, Republicans lambasted Democrats for relying on these rules to pass the health care bill, calling their tactics unusual and hyperpartisan.

***

So now McConnell says he will force the issue before the election and then make repeal of Obamacare priority number one if the GOP takes back the Senate, but the odds are against full repeal. This is code for Republican leaders, timid as they are and driven by polling, keeping parts of Obamacare instead of doing full repeal and starting over.

The truth is many Republicans like parts of Obamacare. The truth is a number of Senate Republicans were willing to vote back in December of 2009 that the individual mandate was unconstitutional while keeping their names on healthcare legislation by Senator Bob Bennett that had an individual mandate.

The truth is with Republican leaders like we have in both Houses, who needs the Democrats? It was not just Democrats responsible for $16 trillion in debt. Even now, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnell and the rest are trying to find ways to weasel out of paying down the debt and bring back earmarks.

When Republicans won’t fight on their ground, they just won’t fight.

***

Even if Republicans win big on Election Day, though, repealing the Affordable Care Act will be a tall order

For Republicans, the dream of using reconciliation to torpedo the law is predicated on winning a net of three Senate seats, retaining the House and winning the presidency. Then both chambers would have to pass a budget resolution that includes reconciliation instructions. Romney’s vice president would be called upon to break a possible 50-50 roll call in the Senate…

Then, in the Senate, once a reconciliation bill came to the floor, Democrats could challenge specific provisions. They could say, for example, that any savings from repealing certain parts of the healthcare law would only be incidental. If they won those challenges, those parts of the law would remain in place…

“I think the bottom line is, it’s plausible to use reconciliation, but it’s really hard to know which provisions will pass muster,” Binder said.

***

Chief Justice John Roberts ruled that the financial penalty enforcing the individual mandate is within Congress’s constitutional power to “lay and collect Taxes,” and that the mandate and penalty are inextricably linked. This should suffice to enable repeal, through reconciliation, of both the individual and employer mandates, and their respective penalty taxes.

The state exchanges and insurance rules—”guaranteed issue,” which forces an insurer to sell a policy to someone who is already sick, and “community rating,” which severely limits the insurer’s right to charge that person a higher premium—are procedurally more difficult. Yet both are linked to the individual mandate, which increases taxes. Whether they can be repealed in a reconciliation bill will ultimately be decided by the Senate Parliamentarian.

Once the individual mandate is repealed, these popular insurance changes cannot stand by themselves. Without the mandate, people have every incentive to save on premiums and not buy insurance until they fall ill. This will send premiums through the roof for healthy people and, if the government clamps down on increased premiums, destroy private insurance companies. Those Republicans who say they favor legislated guaranteed-issue and community-rating requirements but oppose the mandate will be forced to acknowledge that all three must go.

***

[W]e all know the GOP’s myriad failures of will and principle over recent years. But it’s time to act, not to bicker. As a practical matter, no Democrat is ever going to vote for repeal. John Tester can film a commercial with a gun to show he’s not one of those wussy coastal libs, but when he leaves Montana, off come the cowboy boots and on go the Birkenstocks and he’s a guaranteed vote against repeal.

A vote for any Democrat is a vote for Obamacare. A vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for Obama. Period. That’s just a fact. One can whine and complain and mope, but unless you are actively supporting the GOP down the line, you are supporting Obama and Obamacare.

But giving some money and your vote, even if Mitt infuriated you in the primary, is not enough. The counterattack needs your time.

It needs you to help with the crummy scut work of elections, knocking on doors and making calls. It needs you getting active in social media to spread the word and fight the smears – on Facebook, on Twitter, wherever. It needs you to talk to your friends and neighbors, particularly the dumb ones who tune into politics about 15 minutes before the polls open. The dumb ones are natural Obama voters and require your special attention.

***

“All that [Court ruling] did was energize conservatives,” declared Rasmussen in an exclusive interview on Monday. “The conservative interest in the election was already much higher than that of moderates and liberals. It went up to really stratospheric levels right after the ruling. We don’t know if that will continue or if it’s just a temporary response to the news cycle.”…

“Now as for that vote next week, while people were calling it symbolic, one of the interesting things to watch will be how many Democratic congressmen will sign on and support the repeal,” Rasmussen said. “There will probably be a fair number of Democratic members of Congress who are too afraid for their own future to vote in support of the healthcare law.”

***

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News today, Senator McConnell put all … fears to rest. “I have said many times that if I’m the leader of the majority next year, I commit to the American people that the repeal of ‘Obamacare’ will be job one,” he reiterated. “That includes pursuing reconciliation. What people need to understand is that this is literally a fight for the future of our country and Democrats have proven during this debate that they will stop at nothing to protect this massive expansion of government into our lives and our health care. We need to be aware that this will take every ounce of our energy to accomplish.”

McConnell went on to explain that the fight would not stop with the election: “Our success is dependent upon the voices of the many who are concerned about Obamacare to get involved and stay involved. Do not shut up, do not sit down, do not be intimidated. Keep fighting with every ounce of energy you have. We’ll do the same. The road to repeal begins with a Republican Senate and Mitt Romney in the White House, but it won’t end for me until this historic mistake is wiped off the books for good.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Who is the DannoJyd person on the Team Romney thread? Obviously a very very important person.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Considering how my local politicians all know me by name from meeting me at TEA Party sponsored town halls, more than a few liberal mucketyups in our local Democrat Party who met me when we had our TEA Party booth next to theirs at the county fair [they abandoned the booth soon after meeting me, pics availiable], and unlike many here am ACTIVELY INVOLVEd in getting rid of the libersl corrupt-o-crats within my grasp, not to mention being elected as a GOP Delegate [I'm again on the ballot in the October 7th. election], some people believe as you do.

I’m not arrogant enough to think of myself as a very important person, but others say otherwise. I let them keep their opinions along with a heart felt expression of gratitude.

All I do is get out there and try to make a difference. Why don’t you? You could, ya know.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Flora Duh on July 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Quite a memo. So he told the Dallas SAC. I don’t know who that was, but I bet we will learn shortly. And it begs the question, did the Dallas SAC immediately notify anyone at BATFE or the DOJ? Styers was in Lubbock, not Phoenix any longer. If he had been in Phoenix, US Attorney Dennis Burke would have been told about this interview, since he was running the op using Newell and the Phoenix BATFE office. But wouldn’t supervisors in Dallas have routinely called BATFE in DC, not anyone in the DOJ?

After months of nothing really new breaking, this thing is leaking memos and news ever day or so. I need to stop coasting on the good work of folks like you and get back to doing some web searches on a daily basis.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I told you we should have stayed with Buddy!!…:):)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

For sure. Especially after YOU stole Oscar from KTMOL…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

uncommon sense on July 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Big plans, uncommon?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I was actually thinking along presidential lines but I hope your guy wins. I always have hope for those who haven’t been to D.C.. One day they will change it instead of it changing them.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

The shooting occurred in Hidalgo County, Texas, which is near the Mexican border and a known drug-trafficking route.

Flora Duh on July 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Hmmmm. I don’t like the feelings I’m getting about this and other previous ones.

3 in custody after ICE agent shot near Hargill:

Hope we get the truth about all of this.

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I don’t have that kind of personality. I will attend Tea Parties but I am not a joiner. But you might be right, it beats watching what is going on now.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Is HA closed tomorrow?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Is that gonna replace kobe beef at the whitehouse?

wolly4321 on July 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I’m sure he would want to pay his fair share and sacrifice/

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Keep fighting the good fight, and don’t lose sight of the goal line.

Jaibones on July 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Dittoes!

Let’s see what happens. Maybe things will change, especially if Romney keep playing at being a McLame-like failure.

I don’t want any liberal in the White House, but if it is to be Mitt I want the fight to be a miserable one he will never forget. That is the ONLY WAY he will stay to the right of the issues effecting us today.

Why do TEA Party politicians keep their words and do as we demand? It is because we regularly remind them they are not indispendable. Allowing any politician to think he/she is an overlord results in catastrophic failure every time.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Is HA closed tomorrow?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

It’s already tomorrow…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

On this Independence Day…

Remember Who We Are

Flora Duh on July 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

+ 100..Very nice!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Will HA be closed today?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

For sure. Especially after YOU stole Oscar from KTMOL…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

olz..Speaking of ktmol I haven’t seen her posting lately..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

in that poll where Obama polls under Carter as worst prezident ever…he still polls above W.

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Shows that the press still has some influence. They were demonizing Bush from December 2000 until the end of his term in 2009. Actually, they were demonizing him during the 2000 campaign as well. Pure, unending assault on him with a brief respite after 9/11. Then Jugears has done nothing but spend the last 5 years blaming him for the economy, the war on terror, bunions, corns, and baldness. Nobody’s reputation could stand up to that kind of demonization.

AZfederalist on July 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

For sure. Especially after YOU stole Oscar from KTMOL…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

lolz..Speaking of ktmol I haven’t seen her posting lately..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

fixed..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

JPeterman on July 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Thanks for posting the Senate Info.

Don’t forget Ted Cruz in Texas!!

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Will HA be closed today?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I dont think there will be a lot of new posts..but I could be wrong!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

•McConnell: Obamacare, like my jowls, will probably stay | Douglas Ernst

…read this at the top of the page (Trackbacks)…he’s right!

KOOLAID2 on July 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

DannoJyd

Love your passion, but don’t piss off your team mates. Somebody smart said that, but I can’t remember who..

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Flora Duh on July 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Beautiful.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I dont think there will be a lot of new posts..but I could be wrong!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I hope they all take the day off expect……………..

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Greta was encouraging Rep. Gowdy to take the contempt charge to both the civil and circuit court ASAP, last night. I saw her and Byron York tonight saying that they think eventually Holder will give in, they are just trying to see if it reaps any political mileage. So far I don’t think the racist meme is gaining any traction.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I think that is Issa’s plans since the DOJ isn’t going to do anything against Holder. The Oversight Committee voted after the Contempt vote to approve funding for outside council. Whether all of this will accomplish anything, it’s hard to tell.

That Trey Gowdy is a firebrand:-)

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I know that Glenn is very active in exposing Obama today but…

He gave Obama some slack..
Knowing who he was…

Electrongod on July 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I think Beck was forced by the islamicized FNC to say that on air, and then after using him for that , FNC discarded him like a used c*****.
There are still people around in this country who refuse to believe, inspite of proof after proof after proof , that Hussein is an anti-American hate filled hardcore islamarxist, with a singular burning desire to destroy our country and it’s people.
People like us who escaped with just our lives from 3rd world tyrannies can see the future of our country with this man and his thugs in the government —rationing, food shortages, poverty, violence, retributions, bribes to get even basic services from government workers, chaos, lawlessness…
The very first thing that a dictator does when taking over power is always to suspend the courts and the laws of his country.
Obama didn’t even feel the need to suspend the judiciary, Roberts did it for him.
I hope I am wrong , but I know I’m not .
Beck did whatever he could, there are many more like him but will that be enough when 52% of this country’s population is stupid and proud of it ?

burrata on July 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

expect=except, not sure if that was me or the iPad. ; )

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

AZfederalist on July 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

indeed

workingclass artist on July 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

That Trey Gowdy is a firebrand:-)

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Yes he is. I think he is a rising star.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

olz..Speaking of ktmol I haven’t seen her posting lately..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

She’s been moping around since Jetboy went back to the big city…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

It as the iPad. I saw the whole thing.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I went to the vault and looked at July 4, 2011, six thread, one from the Green Room.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

[taking a deep breath] Dear lady, I hope you do join up as politics is much more satisfying at the grass roots level, during and after. Besides, many who join only show up when needed while many do not. We’ve all got lives.

On personalities, I must admit in the hopes of encouraging you that I AM a true 6’4″, 250lb. rolling SOB! I’m not proud of that, but that is what happened to me as I grew up in ChiTcago. I used to curse, spit, and break things, some of them people I’m ashamed to admit. Why do I let that be known? I’m giving you that info so that you can understand it is possible to put on smiling face, treat damnfools with respect, and overcome ones natural tendencies IF it is for a good cause.

We both know you think very little of me, and I’m going to use that right now. If I, the AWE inspiring Danno Man [/Rush mode], can do these things, certainly you can, and you might even be a lot better at it, so please go for it. You don’t want me showing you up, do ya? /s

This is not written so as to make you like me. Some days I don’t even like myself. I write this in the hopes of encouraging you to go discover your full potential.

Do not thank me. What you will do is for the good for all Americans [how is THAT for taking on some responsibility!]. ;)

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Yeah he is.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

You aren’t arrogant or presumptous, yet somehow you know your efforts are much greater than anyone elses, including Cindy M. Or me. How do you know our level of civic participation?

“why don’t you, you could you know”

How do you know she doesn’t?

She’s right.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Hopefully my local Starbucks will be.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Independence Day. No political angle, just good song.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Midwestprincesse on July 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

This site has House & Senate, Gov etc.

Just enter which State you want to look at.

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

“Why do I let that be known?”

Because you brag, that’s why. It’s unbecoming. Even if you are a conservative.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

With respect, I’ve been lied to and disappointed by the GOP, Romney, and when making my points here I get attacked here in the most foul liberal manner imaginable.

I’ve often worked with construction crews, some of whom I hired, and I find that when people refuse to pay attention, act stupid, or just don’t give a tinkers damn my going on the attack often makes them think twice and produced results.

I’ll not apologize for getting mad. That is what many of the Romney supporters here WANTED, yet I managed to keep the discourse on my end more civil than they could even begin to manage.

WE are being fooled, abused, and ignored by the GOP today. I want, no I DEMAND that more people wake up, smell the roses, and see how we are about to get screwedled AGAIN!

We can do better. We MUST do better! Our families, fortunes, and sacred honor demands no less!

PS: I refuse to run for political office so stop asking.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

It as the iPad. I saw the whole thing.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Thanks, did you have garlic at supper? Lol! KCB, big plans for the day?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Thanks.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Did you like either of those?

This went down well with the nightcap.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

You can never go wrong with Ruth! :)

Do you like Al Green? This is one of my faves by him – I have it on my cell phone as one of my ringtones! :) :

I’m A Ram

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

/s

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I can back you up on that. I checked. Six total. Rand Paul QOTD.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Neighborhood cookout, my first in Texas. Then I will pilfer in my AWESOME garden. 7 ft tomato plants. That’s right!! What’s on your agenda?

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

DannoJyd, who are you voting for in this falls Presidential contest?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Also, 401/403Ks to be raided and house sales to be taxed by 3.8%, by both sides of the isle, to pay for this extra-Constitutional travesty.

One more thing, the word “illegal” in illegal alien, is no longer PC.

Hey world, go to the USA. It’s Nirvana and it’s free.

Schadenfreude on July 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I don’t recall any 401/403Ks or House sales tax in the Obamacare. Are these new “additional” fees? Or are they filling in that partial blank check the Dems passed?

Oh, Alien works for me:-)

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

You DEMAND that other people?

Read Hayek.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Relax with the lovely and talented one. Do as little as possible for a change. Tomatoes you say? Love tomato on white bread sandwiches. Yum!

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Barry killed Al Green for me!!

They are good. Surprisingly, in Old Radios, Christina’s voice was smokier than in 1991, unlike Tom Waits and Dylan.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Nice tunes guys..Guess I’m in this kinda mood!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Pit Stop. Man did I get burned out at the pool yesterday…

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Yeah he is.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I’m with Greta on this one. She was a practicing lawyer in the private sector and understands how you get things done. I don’t understand why they aren’t in court already, or Thursday at the latest. It is basically a Complaint for declaratory relief and an expedited order to produce records with an inventory and privilege log. The original filing can be bare bones to get the ball rolling, and none of it is rocket science. They can amend it in two or three weeks to add all the ruffles and flourishes.

Gowdy says counsel is telling them three weeks? Gowdy has a good prosecutor’s skill at cross examination and argument, but I don’t know if he worked outside of government.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Will HA be closed today?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Only the minds of some posters.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

There are very few people I bother to dislike, I was just trying to get a handle on you. I could see you were passionate, I just couldn’t tell about what. What is funny is that I took the same kind of stuff from the Mittwitts during the primaries. Everyone wants their beliefs to be the only beliefs. Human nature.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Most here would agree with you on most points. You just seem to want to compare how hard you work to how lazy others are. One can inspire or put off. Both take about the same number of key strokes.
Oh, and as passionate as people are, most are realistic. Mitt is a reality that we have to deal with. I hope you get with that program, cause we need you. He is all we have right now..that is reality.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Treasure.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

The RINO’s again flipped us ALL the bird, Romney included. Feel better now Rom0bama supporters?
DannoJyd on July 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM

You are a liar and hysteric. Obamacare is a dreadful and unaffordable debacle. Romney is not going to allow it to destroy his Presidency.

Basilsbest on July 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Only the minds of some posters.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Which ones, I probably need to avoid those.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bmore, did you check this out?

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Is HA closed tomorrow?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Yep. HotAir will be closed but the Offices of the GOP will be open so they can betray you on the 4th.

SparkPlug on July 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Very nice !!..Love folk music!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

ABCD

AnybodyButChicagoDemocrats

AnybodyButCommunistDemocrats

AnybodyButCriminalDemocrats

AnybodyButCrazyDemocrats

AnybodyButCoucouDemocrats

VorDaj on July 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good one, Bmore.

How about this one:

Come On In My Kitchen

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I remember those days. I think we all got insulted, made fun of and called not so nice names. Especially during Palin/Cain/Perry!!
The racist rock, ha-ha Gardasil uproar and on and on. Funny now, but not then!

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Will HA be closed today?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Yes as they need to resock a new shipment of Eyeores.

VorDaj on July 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Treasure.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Hobo Power!

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Barry killed Al Green for me!!

ok, not just lol, but LOL!

Where’s RWM? I told her last night I was the lol-tax collector, but, whom do I pay mine to? :)

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Glad you thought they were good! Here’s another one where her voice is in fine rough form!: Guillotine Day

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Happy 236th Birthday, you great country, you! We laugh with you, we cry with you, we sometimes play with you. But always we thank God our feet are on your hallowed ground. For too long you’ve had our six, it is now our time to have yours. And, with God’s continued countenance, we will. We will.

TXUS on July 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

KCB, I had not seen that. Thanks. I may have to use that one tomorrow today. ; )

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

TXUS on July 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

+1 God Bless.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

The racist rock, ha-ha Gardasil uproar and on and on. Funny now, but not then!

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Yep, and then after the primary was essentially over, the mittbots were ever so gracious in victory as well. /s

So, I have no issues whatsoever holding Mitt’s feet to the fire. The right is not his natural state, he needs to be continually pushed that way. The sheer hatred for ObamaTax should be one of the driving forces for pushing him that way; should go a long way to make sure an originalist gets appointed to the Supreme court. Somebody not from Harvard.

Yes as they need to resock a new shipment of Eyeores.

VorDaj on July 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I see what you did there.

AZfederalist on July 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Nice tunes guys..Guess I’m in this kinda mood!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Love The Kinks!

This one’s great, both The Romantics and Deep Purple owe them royalties over it, if they haven’t already started paying out!

She’s Got Everything

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

novaculus, I figured it would be Robert Johnson. Good one though.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Indeed.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

BlaxPac on July 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Flora linked to another of their songs on this thread. Second Amendment related. Gonna have to watch these radical right wingers…

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I miss garden tomatoes. Out here you have between late Feb to around maybe may. It goes from cold to hot too fast. Just about the time mine were kicking, it hit 105°. crispy.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM

VorDaj, Lol! HeIIfire I’m just glad to see the place is starting run low on em. Note to HA management take the day off and screw the reorder. ; )

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I thought it was funny how she wanted them to snap it up and that three weeks was just the dumbest thing ever. I think they are dragging their feet hoping Holder will fold.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I’ve heard a this song a couple of times this week which I cannot get out of my head. It’s by a band from Iceland called “Of Monsters and Men” and the name is “Little Talks”. Very bouncy with haunting lyrics, nice male/female harmonys and leads and even a trumpet solo. It cooks.

tommyboy on July 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM

BLTs tonight with tomatoes from the garden. Awesome!!

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Where? Mine are kickin in Texas and we hit 109 last week.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Man did I get burned out at the pool yesterday…

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

She said NO!!!, again?

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Back from the great black hole of 2012… Power restored at 12:17 Eastern Standard Time.. first glimmer of lights since Friday afternoon.. They were taking my sister in law out in a squad for chest pains when the mini tornadoes hit.. one touched down just one street over from our home. Trees were down like dominoes all over. Roofs torn up, cars crushed by tress.. and thank God, no one in my town of Newark Ohio died that day from the storms..

We had virtually no warning beyond storm front moving in.. not Hurricane force winds from Hell.

No stores open till day two, some had ice, batteries were hard to get as well as cigarettes, gasoline, and even tempers.. like going through combat school all over again,.. no power, and no air,.. and no way to charge our cells.. cut off completely for almost 5 days..

now I hear Obama is trying to buy votes here with pompous displays of caring..

The contempt here for that is so solid it may as well be cast in stone.

Glad to be back, but I’m even more fired up than I was on Thursday.

mark81150 on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Heh.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

The vocalist is Aoife O’Donovan, who did the vocals on the Yo Yo Ma Goat Rodeo session.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

VorDaj on July 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Stutter much?…/

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

mark81150 on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Glad to hear you and your’s are safe.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

mark81150 on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Glad to hear you weathered the storm.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Very nice !!..Love folk music!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Would you consider this folkie enough? They’re one of my favorite bands.

You’re Not Wrong For Loving Me

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

That is a very good one!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The mittbots were crazy during the primaries I thot. Oh, yeah they were so kind afterwards:-)

I was listening to talk radio earlier and the host made the point that we have to hold the R’s feet to the fire. They share a lot of blame for where we are today. Regarding Romney, I think you are correct that the right is not his natural state. He’s more moderate and that may be due to working in the private sector. You have to give and take. I’m sick of hearing about Harvard or any of the elite Universities. They are not as they used to be.

Well, that’s all for me tonight/morning.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM

novaculus, I recognized her. I passed the rodeo stuff around here. They mostly seem to like it.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Happy Fourth! G’night!

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Yeah, that be folkie enough. New to me. Nice.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Good one!..Here is one of the best folk singers..imho..It is too bad that he left us too soon!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I thought I saw her appeared on one of the Boston Pop WGBH PBS sessions back in the late 2000.

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I see what you did there.

AZfederalist on July 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Funny wasn’t it?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

This is my cell phone’s main ringtone:

I’m Talking To You

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Tucson. The indians lived on corn beens and squash until they gave up. The ground is salt. Caliche. Calcium carbonate. It’s a petrified ocean bed. You need a jackhammer to dig a hole to plant a plant. I kinda know, it’s what I do for a living. The ground here is concrete. Literally.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Good night KCB, sleep well. Happy fourth to you as well.; )

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM