Quotes of the day

posted at 9:11 pm on July 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

Hostility toward the Supreme Court has risen sharply since Chief Justice John Roberts Jr. upheld the Obama health care law. People are apparently angry that the court didn’t rid them of a law they detest. But that’s silly. If Americans want to replace this thing, they should do it themselves

Republicans say they trust the people. If that’s true, then they won’t waste another futile breath bashing the court for upholding Obamacare. They’ll explicitly tell the country how they would replace it. Democracy is a contest between alternatives, not a deus ex machina stroke from the lords in black robes.

***

It’s on his to-do list, but U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says the odds are against repealing the health care law championed by President Barack Obama…

“If you thought it was a good idea for the federal government to go in this direction, I’d say the odds are still on your side,” McConnell said. “Because it’s a lot harder to undo something than it is to stop it in the first place.”…

If given control of the Senate next year, McConnell said he would support using budget reconciliation rules to repeal it. Doing so would prohibit Senate filibusters and require only 51 votes to succeed. In 2010, Republicans lambasted Democrats for relying on these rules to pass the health care bill, calling their tactics unusual and hyperpartisan.

***

So now McConnell says he will force the issue before the election and then make repeal of Obamacare priority number one if the GOP takes back the Senate, but the odds are against full repeal. This is code for Republican leaders, timid as they are and driven by polling, keeping parts of Obamacare instead of doing full repeal and starting over.

The truth is many Republicans like parts of Obamacare. The truth is a number of Senate Republicans were willing to vote back in December of 2009 that the individual mandate was unconstitutional while keeping their names on healthcare legislation by Senator Bob Bennett that had an individual mandate.

The truth is with Republican leaders like we have in both Houses, who needs the Democrats? It was not just Democrats responsible for $16 trillion in debt. Even now, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnell and the rest are trying to find ways to weasel out of paying down the debt and bring back earmarks.

When Republicans won’t fight on their ground, they just won’t fight.

***

Even if Republicans win big on Election Day, though, repealing the Affordable Care Act will be a tall order

For Republicans, the dream of using reconciliation to torpedo the law is predicated on winning a net of three Senate seats, retaining the House and winning the presidency. Then both chambers would have to pass a budget resolution that includes reconciliation instructions. Romney’s vice president would be called upon to break a possible 50-50 roll call in the Senate…

Then, in the Senate, once a reconciliation bill came to the floor, Democrats could challenge specific provisions. They could say, for example, that any savings from repealing certain parts of the healthcare law would only be incidental. If they won those challenges, those parts of the law would remain in place…

“I think the bottom line is, it’s plausible to use reconciliation, but it’s really hard to know which provisions will pass muster,” Binder said.

***

Chief Justice John Roberts ruled that the financial penalty enforcing the individual mandate is within Congress’s constitutional power to “lay and collect Taxes,” and that the mandate and penalty are inextricably linked. This should suffice to enable repeal, through reconciliation, of both the individual and employer mandates, and their respective penalty taxes.

The state exchanges and insurance rules—”guaranteed issue,” which forces an insurer to sell a policy to someone who is already sick, and “community rating,” which severely limits the insurer’s right to charge that person a higher premium—are procedurally more difficult. Yet both are linked to the individual mandate, which increases taxes. Whether they can be repealed in a reconciliation bill will ultimately be decided by the Senate Parliamentarian.

Once the individual mandate is repealed, these popular insurance changes cannot stand by themselves. Without the mandate, people have every incentive to save on premiums and not buy insurance until they fall ill. This will send premiums through the roof for healthy people and, if the government clamps down on increased premiums, destroy private insurance companies. Those Republicans who say they favor legislated guaranteed-issue and community-rating requirements but oppose the mandate will be forced to acknowledge that all three must go.

***

[W]e all know the GOP’s myriad failures of will and principle over recent years. But it’s time to act, not to bicker. As a practical matter, no Democrat is ever going to vote for repeal. John Tester can film a commercial with a gun to show he’s not one of those wussy coastal libs, but when he leaves Montana, off come the cowboy boots and on go the Birkenstocks and he’s a guaranteed vote against repeal.

A vote for any Democrat is a vote for Obamacare. A vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for Obama. Period. That’s just a fact. One can whine and complain and mope, but unless you are actively supporting the GOP down the line, you are supporting Obama and Obamacare.

But giving some money and your vote, even if Mitt infuriated you in the primary, is not enough. The counterattack needs your time.

It needs you to help with the crummy scut work of elections, knocking on doors and making calls. It needs you getting active in social media to spread the word and fight the smears – on Facebook, on Twitter, wherever. It needs you to talk to your friends and neighbors, particularly the dumb ones who tune into politics about 15 minutes before the polls open. The dumb ones are natural Obama voters and require your special attention.

***

“All that [Court ruling] did was energize conservatives,” declared Rasmussen in an exclusive interview on Monday. “The conservative interest in the election was already much higher than that of moderates and liberals. It went up to really stratospheric levels right after the ruling. We don’t know if that will continue or if it’s just a temporary response to the news cycle.”…

“Now as for that vote next week, while people were calling it symbolic, one of the interesting things to watch will be how many Democratic congressmen will sign on and support the repeal,” Rasmussen said. “There will probably be a fair number of Democratic members of Congress who are too afraid for their own future to vote in support of the healthcare law.”

***

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News today, Senator McConnell put all … fears to rest. “I have said many times that if I’m the leader of the majority next year, I commit to the American people that the repeal of ‘Obamacare’ will be job one,” he reiterated. “That includes pursuing reconciliation. What people need to understand is that this is literally a fight for the future of our country and Democrats have proven during this debate that they will stop at nothing to protect this massive expansion of government into our lives and our health care. We need to be aware that this will take every ounce of our energy to accomplish.”

McConnell went on to explain that the fight would not stop with the election: “Our success is dependent upon the voices of the many who are concerned about Obamacare to get involved and stay involved. Do not shut up, do not sit down, do not be intimidated. Keep fighting with every ounce of energy you have. We’ll do the same. The road to repeal begins with a Republican Senate and Mitt Romney in the White House, but it won’t end for me until this historic mistake is wiped off the books for good.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

The fight despite the left’s heated demands that the debate be slammed shut and all voices of dissent be silenced.. is not over.

Romney we can work with,.. we have little choice, but as many have already said, the higher ranking R’s have sold us out once to often and are as much to blame as the democrats. McConnel.. he makes me feel sick just to watch him weasel squirm and hand the democrats victory after victory when we had them soundly beaten..

it’s like he’s on their payroll… but I guess it’s more like the usual Washington disease, he’s used to buying votes, and the country be damned if he can slice off just one more fat slab of pork.

He’s a greater obstacle than Romney ever could be, Romney knows what’s at stake.. the old bulls are too tunnel blind and greedily stupid to see what’s coming.

mark81150 on July 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Good one!..Here is one of the best folk singers..imho..It is too bad that he left us too soon!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Dire it one of those that the iPad thingy can’t read. Who was it?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Hard to miss that voice.

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

It is a shame. He left some great music behind, though.

John Kay cut a couple of solo albums way back when. I always thought they were great but they were lost in the glare of the Steppenwolf lights.

Bold Marauder

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Try this one!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I can’t stay.. wife’s giving me that, go to sleep look.. we have a lot of cleanu to do tomorrow.

I just had to pop in and say hi..

Being cut out from the world like that is frustrating, not knowing what’s going on.. Kind of like the way it felt in 08 the day after scumbag got elected.. yes, I said that. He’s stomped on the last raw nerve. He deserves everything said about him, and more..

anyway.. night.

mark81150 on July 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I gotta call it a night. Once again, I have enjoyed the music, thanks to the QOTD Up-All-Night Music Clubbers.

I hope all have a great Independence Day celebration!

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

That is a very good one!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Had you not heard it before? Which era of The Kinks do you like the best?

This is my ex-wife’s favorite Kinks’ songs – can’t fault her on the choice! :)

Phenomenal Cat

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Good one!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM

That one worked. Is that who the first one was?

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Good night novaculus, sleep well. Have a great fourth!

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Here’s a good tune
don’t ban me

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I like the Kinks but I do not have a wealth of knowledge on them..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:56 AM

don’t ban me

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Ban this one Allah.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Here’s a good tune
don’t ban me

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The tune is too cheerful and has to be balanced by

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Yeah, that be folkie enough. New to me. Nice.

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Do you like Sweet (technically, they don’t have a “The” in their name!)?

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

bluefox on July 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Just proof that given enough time everything becomes a funny story.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM

1:38am.

“do not thank me”

Lol.

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Nice tune!..Yes you are right about the Steppenwolf lights..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The tune is too cheerful and has to be balanced by

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Do you like Sweet (technically, they don’t have a “The” in their name!)?

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

This is sweeter than Sweet:

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:04 AM

novaculus on July 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Do you like Sweet (technically, they don’t have a “The” in their name!)?

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Can we label these guys as Folksy..Or is that a bridge too far??..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Happy Fourth to All.

Good Night All.

Bmore on July 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I just saw a pony, a pink pony…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Yeah :(

I remember linking this for you awhile back, but, it never can get old!

Shatner doing Chapin on Dinah! Taxi

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Can we label these guys as Folksy..Or is that a bridge too far??..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

For the 4th of July! For the True Cons!

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

In an extraordinary place

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

LoLz..That is funny!..Shatner does a very good job!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Shatner doing Chapin on Dinah! Taxi

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

That paled when compared to this classic

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

is that a bridge too far??..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

IDK, are you near the Holland Tunnel?…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I just saw a pony, a pink pony…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Another Gary Johnson voter!!

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Excellent!..That should be for everyone!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

LoLz..That is very funny!..Only in a QOTD threa will you find William Shatner music!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Another Gary Johnson voter!!

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM

That BoxHead is 1 coniving dude…

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM

This is sweeter than Sweet:

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Tia is sweet, I’ll grant you that! :) Think she’s as sweet as the chick in this video, though?

Fat Girl

They’re the best parody band I’ve ever seen, and I cannot conceive how someone could possibly outdo them!

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I’m done conniving. I need to sleep.

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

You reminded me of this..Very funny!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM

wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

ROTFLMAO! Believe me, there is nothing to brag about in that. I merely tell the truth in the hopes of connecting with others too scared by the lice ruling our lives today.

What is my message? It is, you are not alone, we CAN do better, and if I can do it you most certainly can too.

Think about it. Better yet, DO something about it. You won’t be disappointed.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Nite, folks

Gohawgs on July 4, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Not completely OT (from the Boss Emeritus):

As Twitchy reported earlier, President Obama was full of fail today. We know; what else is new? Everything he touches turns to fail, which is why he can’t even run on his abysmal record.

So, this afternoon he started tweeting out stuff about Mitt Romney and a bank account in Switzerland. Cue the ominous Swiss music! Of course, this reminded us of a pesky little detail that the president forgot: President Obama is fundraising in Switzerland. That kind of Swiss money is A-Okay.

When his attempts at fanning absurd outrage failed, he upped it by adding FACT in front of his tweets.

FACT: In 2010, Romney reported having a $3 million Swiss bank account. OFA.BO/eMZxfU—
Barack Obama (@BarackObama) July 03, 2012

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Here’s a good tune
don’t ban me

BoxHead1 on July 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Banned!

That’s When I Reach For My Revolver

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Tucson. The indians lived on corn beens and squash until they gave up. The ground is salt. Caliche. Calcium carbonate. It’s a petrified ocean bed. You need a jackhammer to dig a hole to plant a plant. I kinda know, it’s what I do for a living. The ground here is concrete. Literally. wolly4321 on July 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Shot through the left lung.

And that was that… As they say.

- When’d he die?

Nineteen zero and, uh… Nine?

- No, I mean,
was it right away or in the night or…

- When was it?

I believe it was that night.

She buried him the next morning.
Digging in that hard old caliche.

What you got ain’t nothin’ new.

This country is hard on people.

You can’t stop what’s coming.

It ain’t all waitin’ on you.

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM

You are a liar and hysteric. Obamacare is a dreadful and unaffordable debacle. Romney is not going to allow it to destroy his Presidency.

Basilsbest on July 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Talk is cheap. Prove it.

Most here would agree with you on most points. You just seem to want to compare how hard you work to how lazy others are.

KCB on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Yeah, I couldn’t be trying to shame others into action by providing a good example. Uhuh.
Check out Romney’s political record then tell me that you want to give him the vote so you can then deal with him as POTUS.

America Always gets the government it DESEVES, 0bama Regine not withstanding. I’ll never understand why some people are resigned to more of the same.

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM

So… what? Paul/Johnson 2012?

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I like the Kinks but I do not have a wealth of knowledge on them..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I’m surprised to hear that! Ray Davies, not to mention his brother Dave, has written many great songs!

Anyone think JJ Cale might have heard this before he wrote “Cocaine”?

King Kong

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM

You reminded me of this..Very funny!..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM

The scene in the mirthmobile should be dubbed with William Shatner’s version of the Bohemian’s Rhapsody, and it’ll be perfect.

And from the movie : “Let me bring you up to speed. My name is (put in any one of our trolls). I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago – excellent. I’ve had plenty of jo-jobs; nothing I’d call a career. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of name tags and hairnets. Ok, so I still live with my parents, which I admit is bogus and sad. However, I do have a cable access show, and I still know how to party. But what I’d really like is to do “Gary Johnson’s World” for a living. It might happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.”

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:45 AM

JJ da man.

“Travelin’ light…”

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:45 AM

This mentions “independence day”, and, it’s a good song to boot (reminds me of the Thompson Twins for some reason)!

Joy Of a Toy

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM

SCOTUS Ruling Means Bigger, More Intrusive IRS

And by “more intrusive” she means “Bambi vs Godzilla.”

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Can we label these guys as Folksy..Or is that a bridge too far??..:)

Dire Straits on July 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

lol

Nope, they’re folksy!

I like this cover more than S&G’s version, by one of rock’s greatest bands!: Sounds of Silence

Jimmy Page took this with him from The Yardbirds to Zep, changing the title/lyrics – the vocals are among the best Keith Relf ever did imo: Knowing That I’m Losing You

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM

So… what? Paul/Johnson 2012?

Akzed on July 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Oh puleeze heck NO! [insert string of 25 blasphemous words here] What did Paul EVER accomplish? Less Than Nothing!

Feel free to scoff, but before becoming too comfortable do compare Johnson’s political record against Romneys. See if it is as easy to scoff after that.

Need links?

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Thanks Matt Drudge…

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 6:06 AM

That paled when compared to this classic

bayview on July 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I can not agree with that assessment at all – I say the exact opposite!

Fine concept, but too staged for me, and I found the execution forced/horrible, almost unlistenable, because of his advanced age – check out his covers of “Mr. Tambourine Man”, “Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds”, and/or “Rocketman” for an idea of how much more entertaining he was capable of being!

Bizarro No. 1 on July 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst:

Applying for a job with the IRS is looking pretty good about now.

How about applying for Treasury Secretary?

Just make sure you got major blemishes on your record and you’ll be a sure thing in the Obama Regime!

Sherman1864 on July 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM

The truth is it is cheaper to pay the penalty..tax..whatever than it is to buy the insurance right now. The system is set up to collapse anyway. My guess is the Democrats know that and hope to replace it with the long cherished single payer system. Morons that they are.

Terrye on July 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM

When Republicans won’t fight on their ground, they just won’t fight.

Other than line his own pockets what has Eric ever accomplished? He has not done one single thing that actually promoted conservatism. He has not done one single thing to stop Obamacare.

At least I have a real job..this guy just pisses and moans and whines.

He also was a strong supporter of Sharon Angle in Nevada…that would be the lady who could not be Harry Reid and left a Democrat with an approval rating of 38% in office. Now if Romney were to lose, Erik would no doubt blame Romney and his supporters. So I guess that makes it okay for me to blame guys like him for the fact that Harry Reid is still leader of the Senate.

Terrye on July 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Terrye on July 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

EC is a genteel Virginia repub is the word I think.

I can’t imagine the man having any real fight in him.

Sherman1864 on July 4, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Repeal the thing. It doesn’t need ‘replacing’.

If you want insurance companies to be able to offer across State lines, then ask your State government to work with other State governments to do that. The federalist argument is that the federal government isn’t there to create ‘national markets’ but to allow States to create cooperative markets amongst themselves and to allow competition between different regimes of regulations to see which sort will work out better for the citizens of the States involved. Hating the way that Obamacare, M&Ms and SSA are put upon the States and citizens without any chance to opt out of them requires a carry-through to recognize that the States and citizens are free to set up their own systems that, so long as they do not tread on those few things handed to the federal government, can be different and diverse.

A diverse system allows individuals to make choices between different ways of doing things and those that are successful will flourish and offer examples to other States and be an enticement to citizens to move to those States doing a good job of things. Right to work States have a positive business environment for citizens and employers and gain from it, as an example. The answer to States that do too much isn’t to have the federal government tell them they must compete, but for citizens and other States to recognize that these failing States offer an opportunity of attracting away citizens who want to be live a freer life and have less overhead to it from ALL governments.

That could be done by removing any federal restrictions on insurance (and other services, come to that) which prevent cross-State offering, but leave it up to the States to take the positive role of setting up their own multi-State systems without federal overhead. If you say more localized is better, then the States will do this better than the federal government and give more oversight to the people by keeping things local.

Restore the principles of federalism and remove the noxious authoritarianism of Progressivism. Give power back to the States and the people that does not belong in federal hands. That process will get better results than any ‘fix’ seen as a ‘good idea’ that is then plastered in a OSFA way: One Size Fits All… fits none well.

It is a dramatic step to trust the liberty of your fellow citizens expressed in civil government at the lowest levels to create a positive and lowest cost with greatest return environment. Not trusting your fellow citizens on this has gotten us into this mess. When you push for federal regulation then you are saying you don’t trust your fellow citizens to hold States, corporations, and other individuals accountable for their actions… which includes YOU. If you can’t control yourself, then no government will do that job for you without you gaining a weight of chains and manacles. Fear of liberty pushes for more authoritarian government, the blessings of liberty push for less external government and more internal self-government, which is the lowest, most accountable, and best system of government around.

ajacksonian on July 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM

The system isDemocrats know that and hope to replace it with the long cherished single payer system.

Terrye on July 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM

hate to break it to you Terrye, but miit supports single payer.

renalin on July 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM

DannoJyd on July 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Never mix jaeger shots, late nights and posting innertube comments.

Bradky on July 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

What is funny is that I took the same kind of stuff from the Mittwitts during the primaries.
Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Noooobody knows the troubles she’s seen…. /sarc

Bradky on July 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM

FULL BLOWN COUP against ANY gop so called leader that doesn’t support FULL REPEAL!!!!

Hey gop…… U like that money you were sent after the SCOTUS decision?……….we want action!!!!!!

….OR NO MORE $$$$$$$$$

Got it Mitchy?

PappyD61 on July 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Are we getting an OOTD or open thread today?

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I dunno – it’s been over 12 hours without a blog post. Someone’s taken a vacation day.

disa on July 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Critics of the bill shouldn’t be hating on Chief Justice Roberts. If they can’t make this case to the voters, they really shouldn’t be in public life.

But….But….All they need is an awesome crease in their pants, they don’t have to go around ‘xplaining things.

Herb on July 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I’m commenting to get the count off of 666

Rio Linda Refugee on July 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Terrye on July 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

You clearly already blame Angle. So, what’s the difference with blaming Romney?

besser tot als rot on July 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Never mix jaeger shots, late nights and posting innertube comments.

Bradky on July 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Wait … you’re saying … wtf? I guess, never mind … forget my last 2,000 comments everyone.

Jaibones on July 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Jaibones on July 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

LOL!

Bradky on July 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Romney cannot win on this issue; he is wrapped up in it. And Santorum, who many of you dumped on, was right about this. And as many other issues that will decide the election. Obama is the issue; point the camera at him, there Mittens.

democratsarefools on July 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I didn’t notice that Ed had moved the Happy Independence Day thread to the left hand column and I thought AP had already put up today’s QOTD.

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Now that is funny, Cindy…

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

OmahaConservative on July 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Did you take some aspirin and put some aloe on your sun burn?

Cindy Munford on July 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM

AFA, or ObamaCare is as dear to the hearts of most of the GOPhers in the Senate, because they are almost as liberal as the Obama machine. This means we can trust them about as far as we could throw them – if we were allowed within a distance necessary to grab one and throw them.

Now they are the untouchables, and we have to stay away or else risk being shot or otherwise shown that we are the enemy, and that we really don’t count to them

The creeping security apparatus of the government now has metal detectors and pocket item screenings going on in every courthouse in the land. This is hardly due to fear of islamic terrorists, but to fear of the average American citizen.

Our illustrious city and county fathers now feel self-important enough to want to be protected from US. Why for is that?

I have always maintained that it is much cheaper in the long-run to replace dead, or damaged politicians, than it is to keep them in the style to which they have become accustomed.

dockywocky on July 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Bradky on July 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

In Michigan they are opening our MIGOP Victory Centers this Saturday, and you are invited to attend.

If you live in a different state I’ll be glad to get you the list of Victory Centers so you can volunteer there. If not you, who?

As a staunch Romney supporter I can promise you he needs your able bodied assistance. You don’t want to let Mitt down, do ya?

PROVE the courage of your convictions as I have for over a decade. Sign up soonest!

DannoJyd on July 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM