Christie to reporter: “Are you stupid?”

posted at 2:01 pm on July 2, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Chris Christie fans delighted in the dressing-down of a reporter during a press conference on Saturday that focused on a local issue — at least until a reporter asked a question of Christie about the special session of the state legislature he called to press for a middle-class tax cut.  Christie responded by asking the reporter, “Are you stupid?  On-topic!”  CNN has the clip:

Total Christie awesomeness? Perhaps, but if so, then reconcile that with your feelings about this:

I know plenty of conservatives who defended The Daily Caller’s Neil Munro for interrupting Barack Obama’s statement with his question as a fundamental duty of a reporter to ask questions of political leaders — an argument Obama boosted by his refusal to take questions after his statement at the Rose Garden presser.  Didn’t the reporter at the Christie presser have the same duty, especially since the special session started in less than two days (today, actually)? Either both reporters were wrong to step outside the boundaries set in the presser, or both were correct and the two public officials in the wrong.

I’d also note that the CNN anchor here seems a lot more concerned about how this reporter got treated than the concern shown for Munro by his colleagues in the media in the aftermath of that Rose Garden presser.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ll prob be called a RINO for this, but I didn’t think what Christie or what Munro did was particularly appropriate.

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Give Christie credit for at least apologizing to everyone……“for that idiot over there!”

pilamaye on July 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thank you God for Chris Christie.

I don’t even agree with him, on quite a bit, but he needs to be VP.

The media and the Chicago machine can only be destroyed with someone like him.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I don’t have a problem with what Obama OR Christie did, but I do have a problem with the disparate media treatment.

Red Cloud on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Last I checked, Christie does not lie 24/7 like Zero…

Christie has credibility, Zero…not so much…

PatriotRider on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Sometimes politicians can get enamored by their own Tough Guy reputation, and take it too far. Kind of like NY Gov candidate Paladino. People were at first thrilled at his tough guy persona, but then repeatedly went overboard… so he lost.
One area where Gov Christie is a tough guy is on climate change. He even mocks those who don’t believe in the man-made global warming. Unfortunately, in this case, he aggressively lines himself up with the leftists. Not a vp choice anyway, especially when some question whether Romney himself has RINO elements.

anotherJoe on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

The Chris Christie schtick gets old real fast.

Shump on July 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

..why you, you, you..RINO!

;-)

The War Planner on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

It’s just a cheap stunt by Christie. Playing for the camera.

the_nile on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Fluke Obama. He has taken class out of the WH and deserves no respect in return. Scrooom him.

I’m tired of the right. They don’t know how to be impertinent and argue factually against their opposition, and loosign politely is simply too dangerous for the republic.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

The Chris Christie schtick gets old real fast.

Shump on July 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Yup.

the_nile on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I don’t have a problem with what anybody did, politicians or reporters. What’s the alternative, we make nice & nobody gets any answers?

Rocks on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

There is a slight difference. Christie was actually answering questions, but wanted them on subject. Obama was taking no questions. In fact he never does except when per-approved or to a friendly face which is not hard for him to find.

pat on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I don’t believe humiliating comments by anybody are appropriate. It is unkind and the same can be achieved by other words.

bopbottle on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Meh, the times to loose, with decorum and class, are over. Obama took all the class out of the WH and the persidency. Only a new president can restore a semblance of such.

The Republic is run by thugs and charlatans. Take them down verbally, while you still can.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Seriously-I’ll skip the top and vote the down ticket if Christie gets tapped for the veep.
CC is great for NJ-but he’d suck for the nation.
*Besides-it’s gonna be Jindal anyway…I hope*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I love Chris Christie, but I don’t know if this is how I would have done it. It would have been nice for him to address the question and embarrass the reporter with a great answer.

I can see how he’d be frustrated for getting this question on a different topic IF he was going to hold a press conference relatively soon where the reporter could actually ask his question. If there isn’t such another conference, when is he supposed to get his answer?

dgarone on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

The Chris Christie schtick gets old real fast.

Shump on July 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

This times 1000.

search4truth on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Christie never should’ve called the reporter stupid, but if they don’t stay on-topic, at least during the major portion of a presser, things will quickly spiral out of control.

dalewalt on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

bopbottle on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Journalists are garbage.

They exist to worsen the lives of average Americans by lying.

He rightly called him an idiot. BooHoo.

tetriskid on July 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I totally agree. I had no real problems with his in your face responses to arrogant union reps but this is what the press does. Granted, it’s just a personal preference and I’m no more “right” in my take than anyone is “wrong” for liking this style. I don’t like it when that Stark guy in California or Hairy Reed does it nor do I like it when our side does it. I guess it takes all kinds.

tommyboy on July 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Note that I said “like him”. I want a fighter in there. Did you see the inanity Mitt just spewed on the ObamaTax law not being a tax, but a penalty, after Roberts altered it to be a tax?

I’m tired. Fighting for such wussies is futile.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We’ve seen this act beofre governor…it is getting old.

Now if you were to spice things up a little and say

“Are you on Bath Salts” to a reporter, that would ROCK!

ToddPA on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I agree with you Ed. In a similar vein, I agree with Bernie Goldberg, who a few months ago on “The O’Reilly Factor” took both Christie and Rahm Emmanuel to task for getting huffy with reporters asking about them sending their kids to private schools. Goldberg pointed out that as Governor of New Jersey and Mayor of Chicago, both men are responsible for policy that affects the public schools, and it’s fair to bring up that their own children won’t be impacted by whatever the consequences are of those policies.

radjah shelduck on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

C’mon…give the guy a break. He’s 350 lbs and in the middle of a heatwave – he’s gonna be cranky.

inthemiddle on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Rocks on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

…Rock on!

KOOLAID2 on July 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

bopbottle on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Humiliating or insulting the media, most of them, is ligh humiliating excrement.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

S/b “is like”

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

One difference between the two- Christie entertained “on topic” questions. Obama was not going to answer any questions- just read his little “yea for me!” statement and wander out of the Rose Garden. Munro’s question was in fact on topic but resulted in the jug-eared Kenyan sputtering that it is the right thing to do to give illegals work permits despite the fact that there are plenty of legal Americans who can’t find work.

I’m not saying that it was the most polite thing to do but when you’ve got a President who rarely takes questions how do you get answers to legitimate questions about public policy?

Happy Nomad on July 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

inthemiddle on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Sheesh, is that what Michael Moore is afflicted with?

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Don’t get me wrong. I love Christie, and I usually don’t have a problem with the way he handles reporters or citizens in general, but this was over the top.

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM

While this stuff is certainly fun to watch, he’s still a gun-grabbing RINO.

CurtZHP on July 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

GOPRanknFile on July 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM

In today’s standars, which Obama took to the latrine, incl. how he communicates in all means, nothing is “over the top” any more. Fight to get them out, or sink in the latrine. It’s the only option left.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Interrupt a gop pol no worries
Interrupt a dem pol outrage

Double standard

cmsinaz on July 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

The media and the Chicago machine can only be destroyed with someone like him.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

He said to them, “This sort cannot come out by anything except by fasting and by prayer.” Mark 9:29 Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)

davidk on July 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Sure, but I’d say based upon the propaganda precedent set by the press, conservatives have a duty to ask Christie’s question back!

In fact, I’d question if they were stuck… STUCK ON STUPID!

dominigan on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Christie must not want to be Romney’s VP because you know if he had done this on the campaign trail the media would be outrageously outraged enough to badger Romney with it every minute for an entire week.

OxyCon on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

While this stuff is certainly fun to watch, he’s still a gun-grabbing RINO.

CurtZHP on July 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

This argument is similar to “Mitt is the father of ObamaTax”. The right and the left use them, but they are futile.

Yes, I hate it as much as you do. NO one will take my guns away. Be assured. However, the topic is how to treat the media, who should spontaneously combust for dereliction of duty.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Future White House Press Secretary.

Electrongod on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

dgarone on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I disagree. This was about an upcoming legislative session to discuss tax policy. Why should the governor debate the pros and cons of that in the media and not with the legislature?

Happy Nomad on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

BO encourages his supporters to “get in their faces”. No form of bad behavior is beneath him and the office he holds.

The example has been set.

If Christie wants to bark at someone who’s annoying him, I have no problem with it. In fact, I’d like to see far more toughness coming from our side.

Cody1991 on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

While this stuff is certainly fun to watch, he’s still a gun-grabbing RINO.

CurtZHP on July 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Yup , the guy is a fake.

the_nile on July 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I’d note that at least Neil Munro was on topic….

juanito on July 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Christie is okay…as it is his personality is just about right for what New Jersey needs to clean up Trenton.

OTOH, CC reminds me a touch too much of Donald Trump…

BlaxPac on July 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Cody1991 on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Bet on ‘our’ side losing, with finesse and class! Yeahhhh

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I like Christie, but this was too heavy handed. I think this is reason enough for Romeny not to pick Christie for VP. He might be a liability on the campaign trail.

moonlighter on July 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Cody1991 on July 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

…because the other side knows this vulnerable spot, too well. They are charlatans and crooks, but they know how to exploit the stupid right.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I watched this again and I believe this is ONCE MORE the result of selective clip editing. How much you want to bet that the Governor stated that this news conference was to address the water main issue only and that reporters should stay on topic so that pertinent information could get addressed instead of glossed over?

dominigan on July 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Bet on ‘our’ side losing, with finesse and class! Yeahhhh

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

The commitment to stay above it all and behave with dignity is an attitude that I believe more and more to be an excuse for cowardice and/or complicity with Republican politicians.

Cody1991 on July 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I absolutely adore the Big Guy and his style of field-dressing partisan hacks masquerading as press reporters. Christie is a valuable (if a tad wild) gun in the Republican cohorts. However, in-your-face style is a quality I want to see in an Attorney General or a special prosecutor, not a VP.

Archivarix on July 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Abuse all the media types for the wh0res that they are!

But Christie for VP?

Please.

The Honey Badger

The Honey Badger on July 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

BOTH reporters were awesome. Both politicians responded the same, in tome. It’s the Democrat Press Corps that had a cow trying to protect their director. If the Repubs do the same, shame on them.

Leonard210 on July 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I think most who approve of this are just tired of the sneering arrogance of the left and are happy to see somebody on our side finally fighting fire with fire. And, I admit, that’s a hard position to refute.

tommyboy on July 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Cody1991 on July 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Yeppers…and here is why – the RINOs love what Obama is doing. The bastids love their posh lives. To hell with the country.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

inthemiddle on July 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Not unlike your guy, who is Begging, Pleading, Cajoling,
Whining, for money aboard Air Force One in the middle of
a heat wave….

ToddPA on July 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Obama took the gloves off a long time ago.

docflash on July 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Good sign: The CNN Anchor in the Christie video was very, very careful to provide the context for the press conference.

Perhaps the recent flare up after MSNBC Anchor Andrea Mitchell’s blatantly deceptive interpretation of a Mitt Romney speech launched reminder memos about journalistic integrity at CNN.

Keep holding the media accountable, fellow Patriots!

More people are getting the message than you will ever know.

wren on July 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

The Honey Badger on July 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

You didn’t read carefully – someone like him, who can put them in place. Mitt sure doesn’t.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

The difference between the reporter’s question and Murone’s question? Munroe’s question was actually relevant to the presser he was attending.

Munroe was asking about the effects of Obama’s new policy. This reporter was trying to change the subject completely from the local issue to the special session.

teke184 on July 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

wren on July 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Yes, but she still sided, up front, with the reporter. Don’t let them off the hook. Most of them are harlots, in Obama’s butt.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have no use for politicians of any stripe who get offended when asked a simple question. To hell with their precious scripted message. Both Christie and Obama are chumps.

RobertE on July 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM

pat on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I know Ed was trying to be fair, but the situations are not the same. You pointed out Christie was taking questions on topic and Obama was not. I feel like their is another part of this. Christie regularly answers questions in many different formats so that he is held accountable for his positions. Obama makes crazy decisions that break tons of precedents and then hides from anyone that could possibly ask him a questions.

I would be pissed at Munro if Obama was straight forward with the media, but he ducks and dodges. No need for conservative media to give cover to Obama on serious questions that need to be answered. Christie answers the tough questions, hence his position on gay marriage.

ArkyDore on July 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I am not impressed by the posturing fatboy, nor by Barky.

People do speak out of turn, it may not be great manners but throwing a hissy fit is the least impressive way of dealing with it. Even a Reagan like dodge of ‘There you go again’ works better than Christie’s very tired bully boy act. I mean honestly, who the heck has ever heard of a 400lb fatbody making a convincing bully? It is laughable.

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

What part of ON TOPIC did you miss, Ed? Munro asked a question ON TOPIC, as it was presented. The hack in Jersey did not.

You can’t tell the difference?

riddick on July 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Ed Morrissey’s detached, “Obama-did-it-too” presentation of this post — without the slightest attempt to question Christie’s ethics — is a new low point for Hot Air. Really surprised, actually. This post is nothing more than an attempt to provoke press-bashing. In fact, Obama’s treatment of an INTERRUPTING blogger never descended to name-calling. It was stern but civil. There is absolutely no comparison.

Calling a working member of the press stupid and an idiot for asking questions — sorry, that’s the job of a good reporter — is abusive, bullying, arrogant behavior, and mark my words, Christie’s office will be issuing a non-apology within hours.

This was over the line and distasteful — and obviously calculated. Christie’s acting in exactly the same way that Putin, Chavez, Mugabe, and the Nazis do/did to dehumanize/delegitimize anyone who questions him.

And you Hot Airheads better be careful before you pat your GOP darlings on the back for attacking the press for asking questions. Do you really want to live in a county with a press that’s NOT pushy?

bifidis on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

What a slooooow news day. Ugh.

nitzsche on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You know I would laugh at the hyprocrisy of the MSM except for one thing, its working. Roberts was swayed because the MSM and the admin intimidated him. True Roberts is a weenie but it worked. Lots of folks in America are stupid and believe the MSM. Christie is right and this reporter is stupid but then so are lots of folks who get their news from left wing sources.

neyney on July 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM

With constructive wording no question is off topic.

meci on July 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM

bopbottle on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

ok…coming off the $20 mil leftie “tantrum” where they had posters of Walker and Hitler side by side…

neither side of the aisle can claim the prize for civility…but nothing new there.

I really like CC…his 60 min piece a year or two ago where he correctly predicted the impending doom for state/local gov’t and he responded to a whining teacher by telling her to “then go do something else”…PRICELESS

teejk on July 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Do you really want to live in a county with a press that’s NOT pushy?

bifidis on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You are the usual lightweight, like a gnat-brain.

We’ve been living in such a country for…60 years…but definitely for 5.

May they all spontaneously combust for dereliction of duty.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

The reporter probably is stupid. That said, Christie could up the grace quotient to good effect.

J.E. Dyer on July 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

It’s just a cheap stunt by Christie. Playing for the camera.

the_nile on July 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

No it is not. This is who he is. It’s called “going all Jersey on your ass.” Better than pandering, lying and being all Obama.

NJ Red on July 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Christie’s act is classless. There are other ways to put someone in their place other than calling names. Name calling and character assassination is the domain of liberals.

search4truth on July 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

bifidis on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

So, you call the way they’ve treated your messiah for 3 1/2 years pushy”? I do not think that you know what that word means.

kingsjester on July 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

If I read this right, according to the MSM it is ok for 0bama to do this but the most heinous sin in the world for Cristie (or any republican) to do it.

Lots of one way streets in big-gov totalitarian world:
Free speech
Protesting
Lots of campaign cash
Tolerance of others’ POVs
Killing terrorists
Budget deficits

jukin3 on July 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Name calling and character assassination is the domain of liberals.

search4truth on July 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

He actually is very much a liberal at heart. He’s as much of a gun grabber as Bloomberg and so on and so forth.

But hey, hey shouts at reporters which makes him some kind of icon fighting the evil MSM. If you’re going to hate the MSM that’s fine, but to borrow a phrase from Klan leaders, “Hate Smart”.

And yeah, I went there. 0_0

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Chris Cristie reminds me of Spiro Agnew.

meci on July 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

It’s not an either or. Munro’s comment was on topic, this reporter’s wasn’t.

Obama is a chump, Christie is not.

My god, the people and posters around here are seriously weak tea. First going off the rails about the obamacare ruling, and now castigating Chris Christie for calling a reporter what he rightfully is: An idiot.

UODuckMan on July 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Yep. But sadly there are a lot of morons who think this is a “schtick”. These are the same people who call themselves conservative yet somehow always seem to be bashing other conservatives. Bunch of posers.

The Notorious G.O.P on July 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM

The Chris Christie schtick gets old real fast.

Shump on July 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I think it’s awesome. And refreshing.

Good Lt on July 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Do you really want to live in a county with a press that’s NOT pushy?

bifidis on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

The press are only pushy with Republicans.

They act as PR for Democrats.

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” -George Orwell

Modern journalists are PR agents for the Democrat party.

tetriskid on July 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

but to borrow a phrase from Klan leaders

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

What a great group you take advice from.

Good Lt on July 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Losing with class and finesse is still losing.

Schadenfreude on July 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Thread closer!

tommylotto on July 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Let’s compare:

Apples to apples: Neil Munro was presented as a buffoonish moron and jeered by the press for “interupting” Obama at the end of his presser. Obama seldom gives press conferencesand and even more rarely allows questions at same. We don’t even get a name for the guy that went off topic when Christie offered to take questions on the topic of his presser.

Oranges to oranges: Obama is offended at and defended for the overt rudeness of even being asked a question. Christie is a bully for not answering an off topic question.

Apples to Oranges: media takes for above

DanMan on July 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

What a great group you take advice from.

Good Lt on July 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hatin’ is hatin’.

Suck it up.

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

This:

pat on July 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

and this:

Happy Nomad on July 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

and this:

teke184 on July 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

+ many others.

Christie could have said something to the effect of “Off topic – next question.”, but that doesn’t seem to be who he is.

Now, President Downgrade, however…I just can’t stand to hear him lecture what is good for the American people.

127 days!

Sue Doenim on July 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Oh, you’re not thrilled with Hot Air’s coverage of politicians’ behavior?

Tell us all about it.

This was over the line and distasteful — and obviously calculated.

Cool story, bro.

And the obligatory Godwinning of the thread. Well played.

bifidis on July 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM”It’s OK when Obama does it, but not a Republican.”

Good Lt on July 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hatin’ is hatin’.

Suck it up.

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Friends of yours?

Good Lt on July 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I like how Obama the narcissist just had to throw a little stern finger waving in there, instead of just addressing the question. The funny thing is, once again, Cpt Kick-Ass, in trying to sound tough, sounds like anything but an executive. Passive-aggressive requests like this, “And next time, I’d appreciate it if…” are beta-male all the way. There is no I’d appreciate it if, if you’re a boss. That confrontation was actually beneath him. There was absolutely no need to confront some over-zealous reporter. You didn’t like it… that’s why you have a staff. Tell them to zip it up or they don’t get invited back. Instead, it backfired.

As far as Christy… yeah, that was a little harsh. But we’re viewing an edited version, because Christy obviously said something about staying on topic. Maybe in the unedited version, he gave a legitimate reason why. Too harsh? Taken without context, maybe. I’d be nice if we knew what he said about staying on topic prior.

In either case, I’d love to hear more smack downs from Christy than Obama trying to smack down and then finding himself in the middle of an argument “that he didn’t ask for.”

That’s the difference.

Fish on July 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Sure, in both cases the reporter had a right – a duty, even – to question public figures. I’d argue that right/duty extends to every citizen. And public figures have the right/duty to respond. The difference here is that Chris Christie also has the ability to make the reporter look like an idiot.

csmats on July 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Yeah. I don’t care. Reporters are stupid and so is Barack Obama. Fair compromise?

BKeyser on July 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

*Besides-it’s gonna be Jindal anyway…I hope*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Uh, Jindal is not a natural born citizen. He has admitted it.

Please don’t shoot me – I’m only the messenger.

platypus on July 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Who cares?

When the press quit making things up and/or posturing to Obama
and his thug regime, I will care.

Until then – I don’t take the time to read, listen or watch
them.

Amjean on July 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Christie needs to modify that line to say….

“Are you stupid, ..or sumpthin ?”

The “sumpthin” part would leave him some wiggle room.

(as in the case of maybe…epilepsy meds)

FlaMurph on July 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Uh, Jindal is not a natural born citizen. He has admitted it.

platypus on July 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

But, you don’t need to be born in the U.S. to be VP. Only Prez.

anotherJoe on July 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Maybe the hot weather in Jersey got Christie hot under the collar, but he should have kept his cool. This is one good reason for Romney NOT to select Christie as his running mate.

Christie could have answered by saying something like “Your question doesn’t relate to the topic and hand–I will answer those questions at the appropriate time.” without insulting the reporter, who probably felt like the Boston cops who arrested Obama’s friend.

Steve Z on July 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I don’t know why anyone would bother to ask Obama a question anymore. It’s all talking points. I am sure people can predict the answer to just about any question asked.

With that said, he is the President and deserves the respect not to be interrupted from his bloviating.

flstc on July 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM

CorporatePiggy on July 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

All true. Too bad so many others on this website seem to be unable to figure that out. Christie sucks, he is a rino of the worst kind.

woodNfish on July 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM