Romney, RNC raise $4.6 million after SCOTUS decision

posted at 11:21 am on June 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday may have been tough on Republicans in general and conservatives opposed to big expansions of federal power, but the news wasn’t all bad.  Thanks to outrage over the Supreme Court decision to keep ObamaCare in place, Mitt Romney and the RNC enjoyed an unplanned money bomb for the campaign.  Over 47,000 donors sent $4.6 million into campaign coffers in less than a day:

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign has raised $4.3 million since the Supreme Court ruled President Obama’s healthcare law is constitutional.

Romney started raising funds immediately after the decision, and in a message to supporters Friday morning his campaign spokeswoman said he had raised $4.3 million from 43,000 donations.

“As of this morning, we have raised $4.3 million with 43,000 donations online. ” spokeswoman Andrea Saul said. …

Romney’s campaign had raised $2.5 million by 1:33 p.m. Thursday.

The RNC said yesterday that the fundraising numbers represented joint efforts by Team Romney and the RNC, not just the Romney campaign alone.  The campaign confirmed that with me earlier, also updating the numbers at The Hill from $4.3 million to $4.6 million from 47,000 donors.  Either way, it’s an impressive response, one that shows the danger for Obama of having this as a major issue over a big political summer — just as it was in 2010.

On that same note, Roll Call reports that the Tea Party is back — and not just back, but prepared.  Despite frequent media reports of the Tea Party’s demise, the movement has spent the last two years becoming more professional and influential, not just on the ground but in Washington DC.  Now that the Supreme Court has allowed ObamaCare to pass into law, they’re ready — and newly energized:

In upholding most of President Barack Obama’s health care law, the Supreme Court handed the tea party a new lease on life.

While activists spouted made-for-TV rancor through megaphones outside the court Thursday, the behind-the-scenes strategists who helped Republicans take the House in 2010 prepared for a flood of donations they said will fuel even greater gains this November. …

The movement, born in 2009 from the opposition to the health care overhaul, has developed a professionalism that few expected, attracting seasoned operatives and winning allies in Congress. Vitriolic protests have taken a back seat to well-executed fundraising campaigns. Groups such as the Tea Party Express have raised tens of millions of dollars on the promise of derailing the health care law.

And, in many ways, Thursday’s ruling is exactly what they had been training for.

We will have to see whether the Tea Party can overcome its Romney-skepticism to put their strength to use on his behalf.  Right now, though, the only option for getting rid of ObamaCare is, as Bob McDonnell said earlier today, Mitt Romney. Their last non-Romney option died at the Supreme Court yesterday.  Even if the Tea Party still harbors skepticism over Romney’s commitment to repeal, they simply have no other path to repeal, and no time to waste.  After another four years with Obama in the White House consolidating his signature health-care reform into massive amounts of regulation, it will be impossible to repeal it cleanly, or probably at all.

That goes both ways in this election, I believe.  Even if they don’t align together perfectly, both Romney and the Tea Party need each other too much now to go their own ways any longer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What happens to the rest of ObamaCare if the Republicans gain control of 51 seats and repeal the mandate via reconciliation?

aunursa on June 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Banana.

rogerb on June 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Up twinkles.

The Rogue Tomato on June 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I’m beginning to think that Orrin Hatch was lucky in having the primary before this happened.

And if you are a Republican incumbent and a have a primary coming up, you are going to have problems unless you can state clearly, succinctly, that overturning Obamacare isn’t the end but the beginning of rolling back this pernicious government. I don’t see how you can win on boilerplate any longer.

ajacksonian on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Has anyone heard how much obozo raised since the ruling?

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Again on the Admiral Ackbar meme: pic and vid

Mervis Winter on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Never more true. Now is the time for us to come together to defeat a common “enemy” – tyranny, the face of which is PBHO. We MUST rally behind one flag through November!!

HomeoftheBrave on June 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM

that’s a lot of dough….kudos!

cmsinaz on June 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Every time Romney speaks he says he will repeal Obamacare..EVERY TIME!. He also adds that if that is not possible he will exempt every state from the law until repeal is possible.

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Jindal is the missing piece.

AmeriCuda on June 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

The TEA party can see November. When the water boils, the tea gets stronger.

indyvet on June 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I love when contrarians think they’re smart.

GOPRanknFile on June 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Might as well send it to Zero.

stvnscott on June 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM

While at first I was pissed at Roberts, having now read the entire majority opinion (and the dissents) and having slept on it, the more I think about it, Roberts may have done us two huge favors.

First, he (along with Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Kennedy) significantly reigned in the Commerce Clause as a tool for future government expansion attempts. And, while they didn’t overturn Wickard v. Filburn (the farmer’s wheat case), the leading case used by the Court for decades to justify government overreach, they all but gutted it. This is long ball and, as such, will set back the libs’ nanny state efforts for the ages.

Second, he turned ObamaCare into a massive regressive tax on the middle class, thus giving us a major weapon against Obama and the Senate and House Dems in November. It’s far easier to run against a tax forced on the public than the other aspects of the Act, the parts that are even worse but somewhat complicated and difficult to communicate to the masses. The latter should still be done, but the tax nail is lot easier to hammer.

While I still have a problem with upholding OC under the Tax Powers provision, as a practical matter, if future congresses are going to try to use it to expand government, they will have to call it what it is — a tax — something that even Obama knew would’ve killed his attempt to pass the bill in the first place.

So, I’m not as agitated as I was originally yesterday, but will want to go nuclear if Romney and the RNC fail to capitalize on the opportunity we have now been given.

TXUS on June 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM

This is impossible!

One of the trolls just assured us in another thread, and I quote…

Sorry, people just don’t feel excited about Romney. Hundreds of millionaires aren’t going to change that.

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Has anyone heard how much obozo raised since the ruling?

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Some reporter asked about that and was refused. (wish my memory was better. I read it somewhere this morning, but can’t remember the reporter. Oldish age is not for the faint of heart)

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I sent a large chunk of cabbage to Rombo and got calls from a few GOP organizations asking for more. If he turns on me I’ll consider it that I paids my moneys and tooks my chances, sometimes you have to gamble.

Bishop on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Waits for Floating Turd to scream about how Gary Johnson is the only one who can save us now.

wargamer6 on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Floating Rock and the DNC send their thanks.

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM

As I wrote on the James Carville article comments section earlier in the week—We. Never. Left!!!!

Sleeping Giant, POd, angry, true grass roots Tea Party baby! It’s ON!

I’m not wasting a minute wallowing in despair, I’m a redhead and this redheaded Texan is fired UP! Bring it!

I donated to Romney yesterday, so can you. We MUST defeat these evil and cowardly Dems who walk out rather that vote on contempt charges and who cannot pronounce Brian Terry’s name correctly (Pelosi, of course). I HATE these people. There is no time to be genteel, that time is over. I’m fed up, I’m angry, and I’m voting them OUT!

neyney on June 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Republicans will betray you

Slade73 on June 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM | Delete

Lol.

ABR trolls are hilarious. From their idiotic insistance that they know how Romney will govern, and that it will be as a progressive despite everything the man himself says. To talking about Gary Johnson. To saying real conservatives are not excited about him. It makes HA exciting.

milcus on June 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Obama thanks you.

Jon0815 on June 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Has anyone heard how much obozo raised since the ruling?

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

No because right now conservatives are once again being led to believe they have won something when in the end they will lose again. It’s happened all 57 years of my life and beyond, no reason to expect it not going to continue in this manner.

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

This obamatax ruling woke the sleeping giant. I can hardly wait for the next big tea-party rally at the capital building. I will be there, just like I was at the “Kill the Bill” rally (the one where we were all yelling racial slurs at the black members of congress, of course).

Tea gets stronger the longer it is boiling.

BTW, barack sucks.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The big difference between this and Roe is that to overturn Obamacare, we only need 51 votes in the Senate. Reconciliation, you know. Also, Romney’s statement yesterday was remarkably free of weasel words when he said repeal. That’s rather unusual.

john bono on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I sent my money under my mattress, and I got guns under my pillow…so BACK OFF!!

Slade73 on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Invest in winners, not losers.

thebrokenrattle on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

How much would they normally had brought it without the decision being announced?

Blake on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I would think that if it had been a lucrative day for Otaxme then we’d be hearing about it.

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

john bono on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

The other big difference is that Roe (evil decision though it was) didn’t raise anyone’s taxes.

CurtZHP on June 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I’m starting to love hearing about Obama’s expensive Hollywood fundraisers. He has to spend large to raise what money he does. For Romeny, the money is just rolling in because we believe. Now who’s got the momentum?

TwilightAuthor on June 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Next time, send the money my way.
Or just flush it down the toilet. But I’d prefer the $$$ for myself. My daughter needs braces. That new Microsoft Surface looks pretty sweet, too. And your $$$ will free up more of my finances to do all that and send more to Romney, as well.

DRayRaven on June 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

There’s at least a half dozen threads on the front page where you can commiserate with the rest of the Diaper Brigade. Please don’t stink up this one.

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Even I considered making a donation yesterday. But in the end decided to save my $10 for a later date when it could really make a difference.

rogaineguy on June 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

In 2010 the Republican Party said; “We’ve learned our lesson.”

But in 2011 they showd us that they’d learned the Wrong Lesson.

This time around, Romney, and all the other republicans had better understand that the important lessone was not “1995″!

The important lesson today, and in 2010, was, “Read My Lips!”

jaydee_007 on June 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Suffice it to say I don’t trust the Republicans to fix this. More likely, they’ll make it worse.

What was it that Einstein said about the definition of insanity?

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

A very strong and potent brew.

Bmore on June 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Lining your toilet with greenbacks gets a better return on your investment.

LetsBfrank on June 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I did my part and I told them I would take time off of work to help in anyway. Roberts did us a favor, he is going to leave it up to the people to decide what we want from our elected officials. It important that you send your money or time to those who are running in the House and Senate. We need to get the majority and reject this take over.

Romney/Ryan 2012

Sparty on June 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Like everyone here, I was dismayed (to put it mildly) when I woke up to find out how the Sup.Ct. had ruled on Obamatax and believe the only way to correct this is to get the Senate back and Romney in the White House. But I have to confess my real anger this week is directed at how the Obama Administration reacted to the Court’s ruling on SB1080. Immediately setting up a civil rights hotline and preventing Arizona from accessing their databases. That really has my blood boiling. I am just beside myself.

HawaiiLwyr on June 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

SURE HOPE ALL THEM COLLEGE KIDS THAT CAN’T FIND A JOB… REALIZE THAT THEY NOW IS GONNA HAVE TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE (WHICH STATISTICALLY THEY WON’T NEED FOR MANY MANY YEARS) OR PAY THE TAX.

Great going Barry….

THE LARGEST MOST REGRESSIVE TAX EVAH

ROFLMAO

donabernathy on June 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

What was it that Einstein said about the definition of insanity?

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sending money to some guy who couldn’t get 5% of the vote even if he was the only one running?

Bishop on June 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

…they should to from Obamacare to Obamatax.

Voter from WA State on June 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Done. From now on that’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

rogaineguy on June 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Not an uncommon attitude, some don’t like their party’s nominee, so they have a little tantrum and support/vote for “their” candidate, regarless of the futility of it.

I seem to recall that happening to the D’s about, oh, 12 years ago. Ralph Nader, running with the Green Party, pulled in thousands of votes in Florida in 2000. Bush won Florida, and ultimately the election, by a little over 500 votes.

If you want to stamp your feet, have a tantrum, or hold your breath until you turn blue, that is certainly your right to do so. But do consider that how you vote has consequences. You can’t have Johnson. So do you want Romney, or Obama?

iurockhead on June 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM

wargamer6 on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

*coffee snort*

There goes my keyboard

workingclass artist on June 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Romney and the RNC damn well better realize that this is more than just a marketing tool. Somehow though, I’m not optimistic.

Cicero43 on June 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

To Gary “Nobody in the banking industry committed any crime” Johnson? Then you’re likely more stupid and less informed than an average libertarian. They should have picked a smarter figurehead. By golly, there were some available – Steve Forbes and Rick Santelli prominently among them. Any of these two would actually pull a single-digit percentage, but Gary Johnson will end up as a pathetic asterisk.

Archivarix on June 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Blake on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

To somewhat answer your question I pulled this from the following article from earlier this month:

Romney’s campaign said 93 percent of all donations – from more than 297 000 people – in May were $250 or less. The campaign said contributions came from all 50

That’s a lot of little donations typically seems to me. True grass roots support

neyney on June 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Getouttahere. Who needs your doomster trash?

thebrokenrattle on June 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

TXUS on June 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

A sound, sober analysis with which I agree. Thanks.

a capella on June 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

How does $2,085 a year per family to NOT have insurance grab you?

UnderstandingisPower on June 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That’s the spirit.

HumpBot Salvation on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Local Houston radio talk shows are saying that Cruz now has the momentum against Dewhurst, especially since Cruz had already signed the pledged to repeal Ocare, whereas Dewhurst has not.

TxAnn56 on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

“The last time Democrats gloated this hard after a health care victory, they lost 60 House seats.” – Iowahawk

ajacksonian on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The only response to getting rid of Obamacare is electing the guy who got us into all this to begin with? The originator of mandated health care? Good grief! Santorum warn that if the economy recovered, Obamacare would be the biggest issue and we couldn’t go into the fall with the father of Obamacare. Only the GOP (the Stupid Party) could have scripted a scenario like this!

milemarker2020 on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

truth

I have warmed to Romney and donated for the first time to his campaign today.

ted c on June 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Bishop on June 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

roflmao..That is hilarious!..:)

Dire Straits on June 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM

aunursa

I would imagine without people being forced to get insurance, the rest dies on the vine.

Zaggs on June 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Better to spend your time looking for the rest of your ass.

slickwillie2001 on June 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Sparty on June 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

THIS

The fact is, its much more important to get rid of Obama than it is to get rid of ObamaTax. Once you get rid of one, you are rid of the other, but opposite is hardly true. And its very possible that if ObamaTax had been struck down, that it would have made getting rid of Obama that much more difficult. Being rid of ObamaTax, but stuck with Obama for 4 more years is not good at all.

deadrody on June 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Tea gets stronger the longer it is boiling.

BTW, barack sucks.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I don’t know about that. I think there is a lt of feeling of disgust and rejection. Our forefathers we’re outraged over tax on tea. This America I think say oh well

Conservative4ev on June 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Folks, the Gary Johnson crowd here don’t even deserve a mention. A Fifth Column of commenters either by choice or as clueless dupes.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Cicero43 on June 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM

All Romney has to do is be the grownup in the room & win the middle…surely he can handle that?

workingclass artist on June 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Tea gets stronger the longer it is boiling.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yeah but at some point, it doesn’t get stronger it just gets bitter! That’s okay. In this case, bitter works.

Now is not the time for retreat, it is the time for re-loading. Congress is going to pass a bill on July 11th calling for the recall of Obamatax and every single filthy Democrat who votes in favor of this massive tax on the middle class will have to spend the August recess campaigning among voters who will ask them about their vote.

Happy Nomad on June 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Has anyone heard how much obozo raised since the ruling?

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Some reporter asked about that and was refused.

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

About two and half months ago (mid-April) I used one of my throwaway email accounts to sign up at Obama’s Campaign site using the name Brock Dawgeeter. They’ve emailed Brock Dawgeeter every single day — usually twice per day — begging for money.

Yesterday, after the SCOTUS decision, I got 3 begging emails. Two in the afternoon immediately after the decision and one early evening. Today, and it’s only 8:55am here as yet, Brock Dawgeeter has already received 2 begging for money emails from Obama’s campaign. This first one was from Jim Messina. This is the most recent one delivered to Brock Dawgeeter about 20 minutes ago.

Brock Dawgeeter –

This is a good day for millions of Americans who can continue to benefit from the protections and economic security provided by the Affordable Care Act.

While the Supreme Court’s decision should put to rest the debate over health care, Mitt Romney and the Republicans in Congress just can’t take YES for an answer.

My opponent said a short while ago that the first thing he would try to do as president is repeal the health care law. We can’t allow that to happen. So we have to win this election.

Say you’re with me on the Affordable Care Act:

Thank you for all that you do.

Barack

They’ve been desperate for campaign cash all along for the reelection bid — but I think their desperation is just about reaching a fever pitch at this point.

FlatFoot on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I think there are alot of us who realize what we lost because of Roberts’ stupid and incoherent decision (Levin’s words). And the odds of losing again are pretty high. It’s happened in all my 55 years of life. Who knows what Romney will do or will not do. But we know what Obama will do. Blanket amnesty for all illegals? Take away our guns? The list is endless. If my uncle could almost freeze to death during the Battle of the Bulge, I’ll be damned if I’ll go away quietly. It’s not in my DNA. It may be time to watch Bill Murray’s speech from Stripes right about now.

TxAnn56 on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

milemarker2020 on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Right. Because someone that passes a state level health care bill that the people of the state WANT couldn’t possibly be against a one-size-fits-all federal health care bill.

That was a sad, pathetic campaign slogan from a sad, pathetic candidate. Nothing more.

Do you think Obama is going to campaign on that ? “Vote Obama, because you can’t trust Romney to actually repeal ObamaTax” ? Really ?

deadrody on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Just the mere thought of the Tea Party suddenly being empowered will be enough to have uber-liberal blowhards like Bill Press and Ed Schultz grinding their teeth down to the nub!

Not saying this is a bad thing, of course.

pilamaye on June 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM

john bono on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Also, this decision said that Obamacare is Allowed, not codified in Stone as a Fundamental Right.

How we vote may actually make a difference as to what happens to Obamacare. (Without 67 conservative Republicans in the senate there is NOTHING we can do regarding Roe)

jaydee_007 on June 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I went to my first Tea Party event on apr 15 of 2009. Back before being a Tea Partier was cool….er.

I am not discouraged.

ted c on June 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

milemarker2020 on June 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Two points.

First, Romney is the GOP nominee. There is not going to be an 11th hour brokered deal where some nutjob like Ron Paul swoops in and secures the GOP nomination. Deal with it (or not) but quit your bitching.

Secondly, Obamatax is not the biggest issue going into the campaign. It is important but this election still remains about the jobs and the economy.

Happy Nomad on June 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

FlatFoot on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Thanks. It doesn’t sound like Otaxme has gained much from this decision, but I think they’d be pressing just as hard for more money even if they were rolling in it. Liberals are simply obsessed with other people’s money.
Great alias by the way.

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Conservative4ev on June 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

You think those 47,000 donors yesterday just said “oh well”? Did the voters in Wisconsin throw up their hands and say “oh well,” we’re ruled by unions? Hell no.

There are legions of fighters like them all across this country. Either get on board, or get out of the way.

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I sent my money to Obama.

Understand that November is merely the next step. If Romney doesn’t move to repeal Obamatax within the first 1-2 weeks, if Republicans in the House and Senate start to get squishy on this, then you and I and the rest of the Tea Party will be descending on Washington.

Romney will be made to know that he’s a one-termer. Squishy Republicans will be made to know that each and every one of them will be primaried.

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

The SCOTUS ruling has certainly spiked my anti-obama enthusiasm, but, at least for myself, I am still not very excited about Romney. This is the same situation that I was in in 2008 with McCain, and, just like 2008, I am holding out for an exciting CONSERVATIVE VP pick. My 2008 bumper stickers read ‘PALIN 2008!’ – I hope that I have a reason to get excited after the GOP convention – egad – two more months to wait …

I am convinced that Romney can quietly beat obama, but, there is more to this election than just winning the White House; Romney also has to win over the hearts and minds of the American people, and he can’t do that by simply being ‘not obama’.

Pork-Chop on June 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Happy Nomad on June 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Bitter may bhe exactly how Nov should be approached. With a fire in our bellies.

Beat Obama.

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

BA, I hope he is in earnest. Everyone I know and work with ponied up a bunch of cash to make a statement with the money bomb yesterday and today. All are pledging to actively work for him. I guarantee if he falters at all from this position before the election, he’ll lose enough support to give the election to President Obama. If he were to falter on this pledge after winning the election, it’ll be his “Read my lips” moment and he’ll never see a second term.

Beat Obama.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I just finished listening to Mark Levin’s program from last night.

He is not having any of this notion of some “hidden victory”.

It was defeated, it was dead and gone in it’s entirety, until CJRoberts decided, all on his own, to resurrect this monster like Jason Vorhees to haunt our nation for another year.

His reasoning on the tax but not a tax is very convoluted, and doesn’t make any sense. There is some other motive here, and I’ll be damned if I can figure it out.

Whatever, the saving grace is that We the People hold an Ace of our own, and we get to lay it down on the first Tuesday of November.

It is time now to become a Community Organizer but not of the Alinsky mold, of the Paul Revere and Thomas Paine mold.

Marshal your resources, steel your spines, and march toward the assembly point.

FORWARD! :)

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

FlatFoot on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

A word from the current President of the United States in response to Supreme Court ruling about Obamacare:

Barack Obama Barack Obama ‏@BarackObama 14h
Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel

Still a BFD: http://OFA.BO/ayPgAZ

Yeah….they are desperate…Hipsters & basement goonies are broke

workingclass artist on June 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Wow well said :)

I think the American people are just to ignorant to understand.

Example, I already handled two phone calls one from my mother in law and then my sister in law. Both said to me first off, isn’t t this a good thing that people are going to pay for their healthcare? Of course I explained then explained congress power then explained the death panels and taxes.

Now they don’t think it is a good thing.

How will mitt Romney and republicans educate the ignorant in this country like I just did? I spent 30 mins each to explain it to them.

Conservative4ev on June 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I sent my money to Obama.

blah blah blah blah

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Unless you are joking, you are a colossal moron of the highest order and worthy of nothing but contempt.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I am not discouraged.

ted c on June 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I knocked on doors in 1976 as a Young Republican in college volunteering on Reagan’s campaign. I’m discouraged sure, but I’m not ready to curl up into a fetal position and hoist up the white flag.

TxAnn56 on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Getouttahere. Who needs your doomster trash?

thebrokenrattle on June 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

57 years of painful experience is ‘doomster trash’?

MelonCollie on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

TxAnn56 on June 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Seriously, the Romney-haters disgust me. For all the snark, there are a few things that should make anybody who cares about this nation vote for Romeny. Romney may not be conservative enough for some but he is not a socialist. Romney is not a community agitator with ties to terrorists. Romney will not bow and scrape to our enemies nor will he abandon our allies. Romney will not sell this nation out in order to secure campaign funds from public sector unions. Romney will not punish states that disagree with the Presidential agenda.

Happy Nomad on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Conservative4ev on June 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

How will the Conservatives educate Romney?

idesign on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Conservative4ev on June 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Good job, yes, it’s not really about health care at all. It’s about the ruling class gaining more power. And it’s fascist power.

kirkill on June 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Romney Obama will be made to know that he’s a one-termer.

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

FIFY. If you’re trying to dampen conservative enthusiasm here, you will fail miserably.

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi hawk. I agree. He better not screw the pooch on this one. But since he has made it such a big part of his campaign, I think (hope) he’ll do the right thing.

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM