Romney, RNC raise $4.6 million after SCOTUS decision

posted at 11:21 am on June 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday may have been tough on Republicans in general and conservatives opposed to big expansions of federal power, but the news wasn’t all bad.  Thanks to outrage over the Supreme Court decision to keep ObamaCare in place, Mitt Romney and the RNC enjoyed an unplanned money bomb for the campaign.  Over 47,000 donors sent $4.6 million into campaign coffers in less than a day:

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign has raised $4.3 million since the Supreme Court ruled President Obama’s healthcare law is constitutional.

Romney started raising funds immediately after the decision, and in a message to supporters Friday morning his campaign spokeswoman said he had raised $4.3 million from 43,000 donations.

“As of this morning, we have raised $4.3 million with 43,000 donations online. ” spokeswoman Andrea Saul said. …

Romney’s campaign had raised $2.5 million by 1:33 p.m. Thursday.

The RNC said yesterday that the fundraising numbers represented joint efforts by Team Romney and the RNC, not just the Romney campaign alone.  The campaign confirmed that with me earlier, also updating the numbers at The Hill from $4.3 million to $4.6 million from 47,000 donors.  Either way, it’s an impressive response, one that shows the danger for Obama of having this as a major issue over a big political summer — just as it was in 2010.

On that same note, Roll Call reports that the Tea Party is back — and not just back, but prepared.  Despite frequent media reports of the Tea Party’s demise, the movement has spent the last two years becoming more professional and influential, not just on the ground but in Washington DC.  Now that the Supreme Court has allowed ObamaCare to pass into law, they’re ready — and newly energized:

In upholding most of President Barack Obama’s health care law, the Supreme Court handed the tea party a new lease on life.

While activists spouted made-for-TV rancor through megaphones outside the court Thursday, the behind-the-scenes strategists who helped Republicans take the House in 2010 prepared for a flood of donations they said will fuel even greater gains this November. …

The movement, born in 2009 from the opposition to the health care overhaul, has developed a professionalism that few expected, attracting seasoned operatives and winning allies in Congress. Vitriolic protests have taken a back seat to well-executed fundraising campaigns. Groups such as the Tea Party Express have raised tens of millions of dollars on the promise of derailing the health care law.

And, in many ways, Thursday’s ruling is exactly what they had been training for.

We will have to see whether the Tea Party can overcome its Romney-skepticism to put their strength to use on his behalf.  Right now, though, the only option for getting rid of ObamaCare is, as Bob McDonnell said earlier today, Mitt Romney. Their last non-Romney option died at the Supreme Court yesterday.  Even if the Tea Party still harbors skepticism over Romney’s commitment to repeal, they simply have no other path to repeal, and no time to waste.  After another four years with Obama in the White House consolidating his signature health-care reform into massive amounts of regulation, it will be impossible to repeal it cleanly, or probably at all.

That goes both ways in this election, I believe.  Even if they don’t align together perfectly, both Romney and the Tea Party need each other too much now to go their own ways any longer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I sent my money to Gary Johnson.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

While I don’t think Johnson has a prayer of winning anything and thus renders your contribution as wasted, I don’t understand the vitriol being directed toward you. Assuming you aren’t a troll just looking to make trouble, then support whomever you support and don’t worry about petulant, whiny children crying that someone else should have gotten your cookie. At this point I see Romney as the only possible (actually running…and people know who he is) game in town so I will vote for him. He does absolutely nothing for me, but he’s not Obama and, for now, he talks a conservative game. Obama is simply bleeding America to death and the bleeding has to stop or 2016 becomes moot.

swinia sutki on June 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Ronald Reagan? True, he didn’t have a majority in the house ever, and only in the Senate for a couple of the years he was POTUS (was it 2 or 4?)

Still, good prosperity then, and after Newt and Co won the House for the first time in 50 years in ’94…that helped get rid of the first attempt at OTax-aCare

kirkill on June 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

November 6, 2012- The day the former governor of Massachusetts along with The Tea Party throw the tax & spend Dems overboard.

redridinghood on June 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

57 years of painful experience is ‘doomster trash’?

MelonCollie on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

57 years? Since 1955? You wanna map out the pain that started then and continues today? You do know that Reagan was president in that time space, correct?

thebrokenrattle on June 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

swinia sutki on June 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Thank you. I am sincere. I think it’s folly to look to a Rockefeller Republican to be the savior of fiscal conservatism. It’s not going to happen and a lot of conservatives are going to be disappointed if Mitt Romney wins.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I can only take Levin in small doses. He just gets too over wrought. If he would cut back on the screaming, maybe I would listen to him more.

Voter from WA State on June 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I view Levin’s broadcast style as like a fine whiskey, it’s is so good you learn to love the burn.

He really is worth learning from, and I find his passion to be refreshing in contrast to the bland nothingness we get from Republicans in Washington DC.

I never question if Levin means what he is telling me. Do you?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I’m a Conservative. I’ll be more disappointed if President Obama wins.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I don’t disagree with you entirely, but the real salient point is that Gary Johnson is nowhere in this campaign and America as a whole is DOOMED if Obama wins.

That is the fact, Jack.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Blake on June 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I believe they took in 76 million for 31 days in May. That would be about 2.5 mil per day on average. So anything above that is good.

chemman on June 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM

swinia sutki on June 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Sheer desperation tends to bring out people’s real character. Or in other words, some of those posters really ARE a bunch of dumb, loud, perpetually angry bumpkins. But there’s also the horrible fact that unless they can miraculously turn the Goofy Old Pinheads conservative, we all lose everything. Forever.

They’re betting the farm – quite literally! – because the couldn’t come up with a better Republican candidate, and voting for another party is the political equivalent of blasphemy.

That’s mostly why you’re getting so much rage. That and some retard called FloatingRock made the case for Gary Johnson in the most trollish, pesty way possible on another thread.

MelonCollie on June 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Couldn’t agree more. Mark Levin was spot-on in his analysis yesterday afternoon. I don’t care what kind of ulterior motive or plan Justice Roberts may or may not have, the fact remains that he has trashed the Constitution and handed virtually unlimited power to Congress to tax its popultation into oblivion and influence individual behavior through the taxing power.

As Mr. Levin said, yes, this can (and already has given) steam to consdervatives toward winning in November, but the fact remains that a political victory alone will not repair the damage that Roberts has done to the Constitution.

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

They showed that on Fox. How can a Presidential campaign think that is a good idea? It just makes them look like thugs.Voter from WA State on June 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Maybe because they think that’s their base??

bluealice on June 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Obvious spelling errors in prior post. Mea culpa.

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

….let’s roll!

KOOLAID2 on June 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I am trying to donate but the site is busy…that’s gotta be a good thing! I’ll try again later.

HawaiiLwyr on June 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

OneVision on June 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Even if these “silver lining” theories turn out to be true politically, the fact remains that there is now a new Supreme Court precedent that Congress has the power to tax inactivity, thereby compelling behavior otherwise undesirable from the individual citizen. This did not exist before yesterday, and even throwing out Obama and full repeal of ACA will not change that lasting damage, which will remain for future Congresses to use.

In short, not good.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I don’t know why the empasis on the Tea Party and Romney needing to get together in the election. The President is only half the battle in repealing ObamaCare. Why not focus making sure the Right controls Congress with a mission to repeal. And then Romney will have no choice if they have a repeal ready for his signature on Day One.

Scopper on June 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM

iurockhead on June 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM

1964: Goldwater vs LBJ- millions of Pubs abandoned their party and voted for LBJ. Funny how did that workout. That’s right it’s called Medicare-one of those entitlements that is bankrupting this country.

2010: 15-20% of Pubs voted for the Dem in Conn and Nev putting the dem over the top. How has this worked out for the country. That’s right no budget in three years and Obamatax as a result of their temper tantrum.

And it has happened in more elections than I just high lightened. Tell me again why those who feel betrayed by the GOP should have to toe the party line when in election after election center to center left Republicans aren’t called out for not toeing the party line. The excuse always is that it was a flawed candidate they couldn’t support.

chemman on June 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Brock Dawgeeter, hahaha.

BTW, is there a website for the Tea Party? I seem to remember that at one time they were split into two groups, both claiming to be the “real” Tea Party. Which is a pretty crummy way to recruit.

RushBaby on June 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Stop the self-delusion

Posted by William A. Jacobson Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 6:43pm

Some well-meaning people are peddling the notion that today’s Obamacare decision was a long term victory, that we lost the battle but won the war, that there was some master plan by Chief Justice Roberts to gut the expansion of Commerce Clause power under the fig leaf of a majority ruling upholding the mandate under Congress’s taxing power.

If this were some other more narrow law, if this was not a monumental takeover of the most private aspects of our lives, if this monstrosity would not cause such long term damage to our health care system, if this law was not Obamacare ….

I might be inclined to agree with you.

But it is Obamacare, it is the takeover of a substantial portion of our economy which empowers the federal government to write tens of thousands of pages of regulations telling us how to live and how to die.

This was the hill to fight on for any conservative Justice of the Supreme Court.

Yet because the conservative Chief Justice sided with the liberal Justices on the result, we have Obamacare.

Whether the Chief Justice did it out of good faith belief in the correctness of his opinion (which is what I believe) or as part of some master plan (the theory some are peddling), the result is the same: Until further notice Obamacare is the law of the land.

Sure, we now are motivated for November. And maybe in the end we will get rid of Obamacare.

But that is then and this is now. And under any reasonable theory of conservative judicial restraint, the Chief Justice should have allowed Obamacare to fall of its own weight, of a weight born of a political process in which the mandate could not be called a tax because the nation would not have stood for it.

This is now, and today we should have been rid of this monstrosity.

We live to fight another day, but don’t tell me we won because someday possibly in the future in some other case with some other set of Justices we maybe might achieve some doctrinal benefit from the Commerce Clause ruling.

So please don’t delude yourselves. Today was a bitter loss because it was one we should have won.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Paul Revere hailed from the Bay State just like Mitt (kinda).

Yeah, I know Romney is flawed, perhaps fatally. But if he does nothing else but kill ObamaCare and just is a moderate his Presidency will be worth the effort.

We have no other choices (and please spare me the third party crapola at this point).

PappyD61 on June 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

RushBaby on June 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

There is no “the” Tea Party, there are a myriad of independent groups who all together make up the movement that is referred to as The Tea Party. It is a many-headed hydra, not a single top down organization like, for example, the SEIU or MoveOn.org.

I thought this was obvious by now.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I’m a Conservative. I’ll be more disappointed if President Obama wins.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

tdpwells on June 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Voter from WA State on June 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Then you need to talk to this poster:

As I wrote on the James Carville article comments section earlier in the week—We. Never. Left!!!!

Sleeping Giant, POd, angry, true grass roots Tea Party baby! It’s ON!

I’m not wasting a minute wallowing in despair, I’m a redhead and this redheaded Texan is fired UP! Bring it!

I donated to Romney yesterday, so can you. We MUST defeat these evil and cowardly Dems who walk out rather that vote on contempt charges and who cannot pronounce Brian Terry’s name correctly (Pelosi, of course). I HATE these people. There is no time to be genteel, that time is over. I’m fed up, I’m angry, and I’m voting them OUT!

neyney on June 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Remember that old Liberal bumper sticker: “If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”?

If you’re not outraged, I wonder if you really understand.

Cleombrotus on June 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Last they said, HHS was up to 10,000 pages of new regs!

BTW what’s the best Tea Party group to join in CA or nationally?

PattyJ on June 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

PappyD61 on June 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

That’s a big if isn’t it. We are expected (which I will do) to jump into the breach one more time for a flawed candidate that might come through for us. Excuse me if I am p*ssed at many posters on this site that insult me for raising the issue of his being flawed.

chemman on June 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM

In short, not good.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM

After the “shellacking” the Dems got in 2010 and the one that I pray is coming in November, how many future Congresses, Republican or Democrats, do you think would be foolish enough to try something like that?

My guess, very few unless they have a death wish for their political career and party.

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM

$4.3 million to $4.6 million from 47,000 donors.

“Those wealthy Republicans!”

Only $97.87 per donor.

(Mine was $25)

itsnotaboutme on June 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Flora Duh on June 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM

1976- Jimmy Carter
1988 (?)- Medicare changes that had the elderly literally chasing congressmen in the streets.
2008- Barack Obama

Don’t underestimate the ability of the people or congress to be stupid. It seems that every generation has to learn by teeing on the electric fence.

chemman on June 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Unless you are joking, you are a colossal moron of the highest order and worthy of nothing but contempt.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Well, Brian, thank you showing your cards as someone who can only debate as a liberal does — by personal attack and insult. Perhaps you’d feel at home at the DailyKos or Huffpo.

Feel free to hold me in contempt. While you’re at it spare some contempt for folks who will be working during and after the election to see this repealed.

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You sent your money to Obama and then say I debate like a liberal?

In what world does that make any sense whatsoever?

Why the hell would you, as a conservative, ever send one red cent to Obama under any circumstance in the known universe?

If you are looking for a liberal, look in the mirror, and your checkbook.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I can’t think of a worse candidate to argue for the repeal of Obamacare than Mitt Romney. He’s the chief architect of damn thing in the first place. But all you RINOs keep deluding yourselves.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Weird question: Is that William Temple in the picture? I haven’t seen him in a while.

Fallon on June 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

No because right now conservatives are once again being led to believe they have won something when in the end they will lose again. It’s happened all 57 years of my life and beyond, no reason to expect it not going to continue in this manner.

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Robert Gibbs is that you? You always were a motivational speaker.

Buttercup on June 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

As we have been enlightened, obviously the only answer is to contribute to Obama, right? /sarc

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Except maybe Gary Johnson whom nobody pays attention to.

Buttercup on June 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Has anyone heard how much obozo raised since the ruling?

Flange on June 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

..according to an inference by the article on the Hill blog, they were pissing and moaning about how Romney was extolling his recent surfeit of donations.

In other words, the losers (Obama’s campaign) sat around the table saying, “Shut up and deal!”

The War Planner on June 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Jindal is the missing piece.

AmeriCuda on June 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

You know, I’m really taking a liking to Jindal, who I never seriously considered before. Just listening to him the last few days, he really sounds good.

silvernana on June 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

As I wrote Ms. Lorber at RollCall, the movement was born because of the stimulus in February 2009. The first TEA Party was in Seattle by blogger and conservative activist Keli Carender on February 16, 2009. The rant by Rick Santelli of CNBC galvanized the opposition to the stimulus. The TEA Parties multi-city TEA Parties were on February 27, 2009; I was at the DC one and many since then. Yes, the focus shifted to ObamaCare later in 2009, especially in 2010 before the 2010 congressional elections after it was signed into law on March 23, 2010.

The MSM wants to believe we have gone away, but all we did was start playing in the political games of the GOP. The rallies were fewer, but we were as active, just slightly below the MSM’s radar.

amr on June 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I never question if Levin means what he is telling me. Do you?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

..don’t disagree though he does start keening after a bit. Also, I used to pound Jack hard until I found out about Lismore’s. (Relatively cheap single malt sold out here in SoCal at Trader Joe’s.)

The War Planner on June 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I sent a large chunk of cabbage to Rombo and got calls from a few GOP organizations asking for more. If he turns on me I’ll consider it that I paids my moneys and tooks my chances, sometimes you have to gamble.

Bishop on June 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

If Rombo turns on us, I will meet you for pitchfork and torch shopping.

kim roy on June 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That might have something to do with the fact that conservatives have let the left have the narrative for about 40 years or so.

Maybe we’re starting to see the folly of that and have finally had enough. Maybe. Thank Breitbart and the TEA Party gave conservatives a taste of the fight and winning. Maybe this was the last kick in the head we’re willing to take. We’ll see.

kim roy on June 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Man, I am depressed. I forsee our european future and collapse, and there is nothing I can do about it.

I live in the red state of LA, so I can’t really help, cept give money to the campaign and vote.

rubberneck on June 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Voter from WA State on June 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Then you need to talk to this poster:

Sleeping Giant, POd, angry, true grass roots Tea Party baby! It’s ON!

neyney on June 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

If you’re not outraged, I wonder if you really understand.

Cleombrotus on June 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Awesome I’m “overwrought” just like Mark Levin! That’s some great company to keep. I hope everyone gets “overwrought” on November 6th. I’m not afraid of a fight and yes I’m outraged. So should everyone be, including liberals. I guess the left will sing a different tune when the Republicans start taxing them because they DON’T have a gun.

neyney on June 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM

But hoping for a savior in a man who likely won’t even be on the ballot in most states is pure wisdom, lol.

halfastro

Well, no one is going to be disappointed over a Gary Johnson win, that’s for sure, lol.

xblade on June 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I never question if Levin means what he is telling me. Do you?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I do – I lost a lot of respect for him during his defense of Christine O’Donnell, when instead of answering impartial, legitimate questions about her from fellow Righties, he either completely ignored them or he went on the attack against those who asked them. I expect that kind of pitiful, childish BS from Leftists pushing their agendas, not from people on the Right.

Bizarro No. 1 on June 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM

While at first I was pissed at Roberts, having now read the entire majority opinion (and the dissents) and having slept on it, the more I think about it, Roberts may have done us two huge favors.

TXUS

You might want to sleep on it some more. Roberts did us no favors.

The only response to getting rid of Obamacare is electing the guy who got us into all this to begin with? The originator of mandated health care? Good grief!

milemarker2020

No, we should elect Obama, and hope he has an epiphany instead. Good grief is right. It’s sad to see Republicans spouting the same lame talking points you’d hear Obama say. If you believe the idea of mandated health care originated with Romney, you’re about as clueless as most liberals.

xblade on June 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I’m a Conservative. I’ll be more disappointed if President Obama wins.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

xblade on June 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Yup.
The only effective vote against Obama is a vote for Romney, even if Romney is a significantly flawed candidate. (If Johnson’s so great, how come he couldn’t make some kind of showing in the primary?)

talkingpoints on June 29, 2012 at 5:44 PM

milemarker2020

He originated it? Really?

So too did the Heritage Foundation’s Stuart Butler, who in 1989 wrote a health plan that also included an insurance requirement.
“If a young man wrecks his Porsche and has not had the foresight to obtain insurance, we may commiserate, but society feels no obligation to repair his car,” Butler told a Tennessee health conference that year.

“But healthcare is different. If a man is struck down by a heart attack in the street, Americans will care for him whether or not he has insurance.… A mandate on individuals recognizes this implicit contract,” said Butler, who was the foundation’s director of domestic policy studies.

Dimwit

CW on June 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM

If you don’t strike it down, we will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Donald Draper on June 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

PopsRacer on June 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You are sending your money to Obama because you want Obamacare repealed?

How is that supposed to work?

Gelsomina on June 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I sent my money to Gary Johnson.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Well, I sent my money to Jimmy Johnson.

I figured he has no less of a chance than Gary.

squint on June 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM

milemarker2020

He originated it? Really?

Dimwit

CW on June 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Really.

The Heritage Foundation plan called only for the purchase of cheap catastrophic health insurance to eliminate the argument that an unexpected tragedy would put the state at great expense.

Romney — and Obama — called for expensive comprehensive health insurance that requires people who don’t need anything more than catastrophic health insurance to buy a comprehensive policy, so they can help pay for other people’s comprehensive health care.

So, not at all the same thing.

You should take back the “Dimwit” name calling, since you’re in fact wrong.

tom on June 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I sent my money to Gary Johnson.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I don’t blame anyone for declining to send money to Romney. It’s your money.

That said, if you don’t trust Romney, it’s probably better to send that money to a conservative running for the House or the Senate.

I know Romney keeps promising he’ll repeal Obamacare. Good for him. He might even mean it this time.

But the only way it truly gets repealed is if we have a conservative Congress AND a president willing to sign the repeal. Romney will only be trustworthy if he gets a conservative Congress, so if we REALLY want things to get fixed, we need to focus on getting that conservative Congress so that being a conservative is the easiest path for Romney to take.

tom on June 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM

ScrewU Carvile! The Tea Party is still lurking. We are so pizzed off at DC in total, they’ll be lucky if we wait til Nov. This country may be going down but it won’t be without a fight from We the People. Get in our line or get out of the way.

Kissmygrits on June 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Don’t hold your breath. We members in the TEA Party see no need to support the 0bamacare Individual Mandate. Romney supporters are doing a fine job of that all by themselves.

DannoJyd on June 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM

BUNK! That is political propaganda at its best:

Governor Gary Johnson:

We can never know how many Americans are out of work today because of the uncertainty the monstrous health care law has caused. The Court has done nothing to remove that burden.

Nothing about today’s decision changes the basic reality that it is impossible to eliminate deficit spending and remove the smothering consequences of federal debt without dramatically reducing the costs of Medicare and Medicaid. And neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have given the slightest hint of willingness to do so.

DannoJyd on June 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I sent my money to Gary Johnson.

halfastro on June 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM

The Obama campaign thanks you.

MJBrutus on June 30, 2012 at 5:31 AM

DannoJyd on June 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM

A vote for the no-chance spoiler Gary Johnson = A Vote for Barack Obama’s Reelection

Spoiler Gary Johnson is trying to be the Ralph Nader of the 2012 election. I wouldn’t be surprised if Obama and his minions are Gary Johnson’s biggest cheerleaders.

bluegill on June 30, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Romney will begin dismantling Obamatax on day 1. With the law now declared a tax, only needs 51 votes in the Senate for full repeal via reconciliation.

Help Romney and GOP House, Senate candidates.

matthew8787 on June 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM

It would be nice if people who want Tea Party support would stop treating them like the enemy.

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

bluegill on June 30, 2012 at 5:32 AM

0bama and Romney, both socialists, really do appreciate you swallowing their feces sandwiches and surrendering your supposed convictions to their communist cause, Това́рищ.

Do keep up your efforts. There are still a few rights left over that they want you to give away.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Cindy, I haven’t a clue as to why you think they want TEA Party support when the fact is they want the TEA Party to go away and for folks to act like good little Romneybots and 0bamabots.

The only way we’ll get back a representational government is to kick out ALL of the establishment corrupt-o-crats and vote in people who are hearing us today.

Every vote for Romney/0bama will be a vote against TEA Party principles and for more of the same elitist corruption. No one has been able to prove me wrong yet.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Romney will begin dismantling Obamatax on day 1.

matthew8787 on June 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM

ROTFLMAO! I didn’t think anyone believed campaign promises anymore.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM

This is part of a blog written back in April. Be sure to read the entire thing as this guy nails down a lot of what we’ve gone through recently:

Repeal Oba­maCare? Not a Chance.

Rom­ney (D-​​Mass.) keeps say­ing he will repeal Oba­maCare, but I hope no one is naïve enough to believe him. His donors stand to make BILLIONS because of the bill. They wrote Oba­maCare, and now they’re fund­ing his cam­paign! Do you think health insur­ance com­pa­nies are going to allow him to repeal a bill that man­dates that all Amer­i­cans carry gold-​​plated insurance?

The Oba­maCare “repeal” will go down like this: House Repub­li­cans will pass a repeal bill. Sen­ate Democ­rats will block it. There will be lots of tense moments and spar­ring through the media as the White House and House straw men and –women wage a wink-​​and-​​a-​​nudge “bat­tle” with the Democ­rats. Rom­ney (D-​​Mass.) will con­cede defeat and blame the Democ­rats, who will claim vic­tory. The Repub­li­cans will save face with their base by fight­ing the “good fight,” as will the Democrats.

Next, Rom­ney (D-​​Mass.) will take charge of “fix­ing” it. Democ­rats will con­cede that it needs improve­ment. Cam­paign donors will draft “revi­sions” that will ben­e­fit the donors, and both par­ties will agree to those amend­ments. There will be some token resis­tance on cer­tain pro­vi­sions to keep Amer­ica fleeced into think­ing that we have a func­tion­ing Two-​​Party system.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 4:22 AM

ROTFLMAO! I didn’t think anyone believed campaign promises anymore.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Obama’s promises to the potheads comes to mind…

MelonCollie on July 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Obama’s promises to the potheads comes to mind…

MelonCollie on July 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM

EVERYTHING coming out of Romney’s mouth comes to mind.

DannoJyd on July 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM