Romney: If we want to get rid of ObamaCare, we have to get rid of Obama

posted at 12:47 pm on June 28, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

There have been all kinds of opinions on Mitt Romney’s handling of Monday’s Supreme Court ruling over SB 1070, but I’m having a hard time imagining any of his supporters are going to take too much umbrage with this one. It’s really just that simple: We have got to get rid of President Obama.

Romney added: “Obamacare was bad policy yesterday. It’s bad policy today. Obamacare was bad law yesterday. It’s bad law today.”

This presidential election is “a choice,” Romney said. “You can choose whether you want to have a larger and larger government, more and more intrusive in your life, separating you and your doctor, whether you’re comfortable with more deficits, higher debt that we will pass onto the coming generations. [Or] whether you’re willing to have the government put in place a plan that potentially causes you to lose the insurance that you like or whether instead you want to return to a time when the American people will have their own choice in health care, where consumers will be able to make share choices as to what kind of health insurance they want.”

“This is the time of choice for the American people,” Romney said.

Romney concluded: “Help us. Help us defeat Obamacare. Help us defeat the liberal agenda that makes government too big, too intrusive and is killing jobs across this great country.”

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. As Ed noted earlier, donations to Mitt Romney’s campaign exploded in the hour following the Supreme Court’s announcement on the individual mandate — and seeing as how the majority of Americans have made it clear that they are most definitively not okay with the idea of the individual mandate, regardless of whether it’s a tax or falls under the commerce clause or what have you, I think this is only going to continue to help his campaign.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

rob verdi on June 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

FIGHT, VOTE, DEFEAT OBAMA!!

The Founders were willing to give it their all. Let us do no less.

We just donated for the FIRST TIME to Romney campaign. And more will follow.

FIGHT, VOTE, DEFEAT OBAMA!!
FIGHT, VOTE, DEFEAT OBAMA!!
FIGHT, VOTE, DEFEAT OBAMA!!

PappyD61 on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Well, a lil optimism: 1) It will now be called the Obamacare tax, will lose even more support by Independents 2) It now confirms 2 lies, “it is not a tax” and “no new taxes to middle class” 3) U need only 51 votes in the Senate to repeal it cause it is a tax 4) The legislation polls same today as it did when it was passed, people despise it, result-energizes the voters 5) makes for some more great campaign videos– Obama “it is not a tax”, SC “it is a tax”, sort of destroys his “constitutional credibility”..6) Commerce and Necessary/Proper Clause piece ruled unconst 7) Obama’s rule of imposing penalties to States who don’t want to play by his Medicaid dictatorship rules also defeated 8) The next SC justice will be an ultra-conservative along likes of Clarence Thomas knowing you can’t chance a John Roberts.

hillsoftx on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Vote twice

stackedeck on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Vote Barry out.

bayview on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Vote early. Vote often.

It’s the Chicago Way.

nukemhill on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It’s as simple as that.

Shoulg be his campaign slogan.

milcus on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I remain skeptical. There’s conflicting information about whether they can repeal with 51 Senate votes. Because if they can’t, we need Romney to win and a Senate majority with the political courage to use the nuclear option. I just don’t see that. This sounds like lip service to me, something that they will use to garner political capital, but in the end will not follow through on.

And years down the road, when the Democrats return to power, they will simply repeal any repeal. There’s nothing blocking them. I refuse to buy into all the sugar-coated spin.

TheLastBrainLeft on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

the only way to stop ocare is by stopping o.

i’m coming out of shock and getting angry.

let’s do this thing

DrW on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

He’d better follow through on this. Repeal it. All of it. No half-measures. No compromises.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Vote for the guy who created Obamacare before there was Obamacare! That’s the solution here! If we keep voting for liberal Republicans after throwing temper tantrums over them during the primary, they are sure to respect us and bend to our will! Romney 2012!

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

If we don’t want Romneycare, we must not let Romney win.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Once everybody drops their newly-unaffordable private health insurance (Obama’s plan) then we really will have national healthcare, with the IRS already handling funding.

RBMN on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Republicans don’t have the guts. BIG talkers. Obama just got reelected .

Marcus on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

hillsoftx on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

This….

Psycotte on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

If we don’t want Romneycare, we must not let Romney win.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Was that supposed to mean something?

Chuck Schick on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

4 more years of Barry and you will have a Supreme Court worse than the Warren Court for years to come.

bayview on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

This will help Obama with Hispanics even more in swing states.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

The GOP needs to grow a GD collective spine and actually start fighting for liberty and limited government. I’m beyond sick of the go along, get along squishes who are barely able to slow the advance of the socialists much less reverse it. They are collaborators in our enslavement.

Charlemagne on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Where were you when the supreme court ruled on ObamaCare? Right up there with the Kennedy Killings, Columbia disaster. I’m numb for about 1 more hour and then back to the fight!!

Deano1952 on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

********************* ALERT ***************************

CONTEMPT VOTE IN PROGRESS:

canopfor on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

hat tip:

Flora Duh

canopfor on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Mandate Mitt saves us from the Mandate?

What world is this???

portlandon on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

If we don’t want Romneycare, we must not let Romney win.

inthemiddleouthouse on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Enjoy today. Enjoy the new taxes being foisted on the poor.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I saw Mitt last night in Sterling, VA. What an inspiration. Mitt is a true leader, unlike our blamer-in-chief.

I will not only vote for Mitt, I will do things that I have never done before. I have made a contribution to his campaign (thanks to the obamacare ruling), I have volunteered to make phone calls and I will probably knock on some doors.

This ruling has awakened a sleeping giant. The tea party is going to come out from their slumber, and this time we will be playing for keeps.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I think that Roberts just handed Romney the election and just added to Republicans in the Senate. Now we’re going to find out just how smart, or stupid, the American people really are. I almost would like to see the Dumbocrats what voted for liberals get their tax bill in the mail come January. I already pay $1,100 per month for health insurance, so I’d love to see the idiot masses dig in their pockets to pay for theirs.

cajunpatriot on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

It is of course true that the Act describes the payment as a “penalty,” not a “tax.” But while that label is fatal to the application of the Anti-Injunction Act, supra, at 12–13, it does not determine whether the payment may be viewed as an exercise of Congress’s taxing power. It is up to Congress whether to apply the Anti-Injunction Act to any particular statute, so it makes sense to be guided by Congress’s choice of label on that question. That choice does not, however, control whether an exaction is within Congress’s constitutional power to tax.

And get better Chief Justices. Second paragraph of Part III C.

rbj on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

1) It will now be called the Obamacare tax,

Just call it O-Tax, it ain’t care.

LetsBfrank on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Even if this atrocity know as “ObamaCare” never existed the Punk President needs to go.

Romney isn’t my first choice, but I will crawl over broken glass to cast a vote against BO Nov. 6th.

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

This will help Obama with Hispanics even more in swing states.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Sure it will. Obama just hiked taxes on them.

Chuck Schick on June 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

If we don’t want Romneycare, we must not let Romney win.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM | Delete

Sorry, no. We have no choice now but to go all in for Romney. Romneycare, the “liberal enough to be elected governor of Taxachusetts”, etc – these all go by the wayside. Elect him president based upon his stated commitment to repeal Obamacare. And afterwards, hold his feet to the fire to make him back up his words.

Oh, and conservative, Republican Senators and House members to work with him, of course. (and against him, if he starts to turn to the dark side).

Bouncing Beatnik on June 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

If we don’t want Romneycare, we must not let Romney win.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

This will make sense to you (but nobody else): “If you don’t want to lose your sight in one eye, you need to poke out both your eyes.”

RBMN on June 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I’m pretty sure Romney’s November prospects just went through the roof.

dczombie on June 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Deano1952 on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

I likened it to 9/11. I will never forget where I was, what I was doing . . .

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Rush Limbaugh is great, but he is a party man. He has a lot of friends in the GOP establishment that he doesn’t want to disappoint. As well intentioned as Rush Limbaugh is, don’t follow his Sirens song and vote for the grandfather of Obamacare.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

TheLastBrainLeft on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM | Delete

Well, dont forget that in 2014, the crop of Senators up for Democrats is the 2008 class. There will be a lot of Democrats up who will risk a Ben Nelson/Claire MacCaskill fate if they dont over-turn Obamacare. So, you might be able to peel off some of these Dems. If not, you defund it for 2 years, get a majority in 2014, and repeal it immediately thereafter.

Either way, even if they cant do it with 51 votes come January, they will have a chance to repeal this by January 2015, at the latest.

milcus on June 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Romney made clear what he will do as president and made the case for repeal eloquently. He meant it, I’m happy to vote for him and happy to donate to his campaign.

TwilightAuthor on June 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Americans Lost a Crap Load of Liberty Today.

Does anyone really believe any branch of the GubRmint will protect INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM?

If so the train for re education room 101 is pulling out in 3… 2… 1

roflmmfao

donabernathy on June 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

John Roberts says its a tax. 51 votes is ok tax issues

gerrym51 on June 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Our country has degenerated into a system where the People now serve the State.

If this is not stopped – NOW – we are simply subjects, to whom the State will dole-out our necessaries and, in return, we will be required to serve.

Right now, the goal of those in Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court – is to be our masters.

Are we Americans, or not?

That is the question.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

THIS.

We’re not going to sit idly by and hand over to our kids and grandkids a place where they are subject to death panels.

It’s just that simple.

PappyD61 on June 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Can we please do something about ObamaCare? Man, I am depressed. Articles like these make me feel, a little better. But not by much.

ConservativeLaw on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

If…IF…I vote for Romney…and he expands government in any way…I’ll vote for his opponent in 2016, guaranteed.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Obama’s comments — it was Obama unplugged. It wasn’t pretty. Free stuff. The “Other” (insurance companies, the rich) is selfish and hateful. Did I mention free stuff.

Paul-Cincy on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Is it just me, or was Romney channeling Reagan?

Konnichi Wa on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

We are getting closer and closer to… “Who is John Galt?”

Thank you “justice” Roberts.

wildcat72 on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

And afterwards, hold his feet to the fire to make him back up his words.

How? By sending strongly-worded letters to him that he won’t read, and then unconditionally voting for him anyway because he is supposedly marginally better than his next opponent? Yeah, that’ll show him! You’ll really hold his feet to the fire by giving him everything he wants and demanding nothing in return.

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Enjoy today. Enjoy the new taxes being foisted on the poor.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

The poor do not pay Federal income taxes. They get free goodies. That is why they are Democrats.

stvnscott on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Almost makes one think Roberts was setting this up from the beginning when he added the Anti-Injunction Act argument phase to the docket.

gengwall on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

OT but there is not a thread up about Holder- The vote is scheduled for about 1:30pm est.

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

P.S. I’m so upset, I can’t even watch the coverage of this ongoing Statist disaster.

My shoulders are in knots.

Our country is at the point of no return.

God help her and us.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I say we replace it with RomneyCare because he is a Republican and Republicans Rule!

dom89031 on June 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Is it just me, or was Romney channeling Reagan?

Konnichi Wa on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Definitely just you.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Obutthead is soooooooo going down!

stukinIL4now on June 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Vote Obama out and replace him with this tool… now that’s a real inpiration. The Romneycare pot calling the Obamacare kettle black. I don’t trust Romney at all and a 3rd party candidate is looking better and better every day.

mozalf on June 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I can just see these leftists in a few years “what? You mean I have to pay an Obamacare tax? ME????” “I thought it was just going to be the rich white guys!”

FOOLS! This is how democracy gets defeated, not by war but by deception…and the ones being lied to don’t even realize it.

I wonder if Australia or New Zealand are open to immigration right now. This isn’t the America I grew up in.

neyney on June 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I usually can’t wait for Allahpundit to show up here at Hot Air. But, seriously, today I don’t think I will be able to read him. I don’t think he is going to buy into the “this is good news for Romney” line.

JohnInCA on June 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We are getting closer and closer to… “Who is John Galt?”

wildcat72 on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

A rich, hateful, selfish, white guy. I’m pretty sure he was white.

Paul-Cincy on June 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

The Gary Johnson and Obama trolls are really out in force today.

wargamer6 on June 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Pity party’s over. Pick up the plow and get to work!

If you’re not voting for a candidate that can defeat Obama, you’re voting for Obamacare. It’s really that simple.

Red Cloud on June 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

neyney on June 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

If you find a land of liberty, please let us know.

I’ve had just about enough of the American desire for State control. The American lust for a caretaker.

I knew that this day would come – I had just hoped it wouldn’t come so fast.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Looks like we already have a de facto liberal supreme court, with the ruling overturning much of the AZ immigration law, and now this. THIS!
They say if O wins reelection, we’re going to be tyranized by a liberal supreme court for a generation. No doubt. Basically, what that would mean is that the future scotus would ok any and all leftist socialist schemes and power grabs. Wealth Taxes (as 5% yearly tax on net worth), outright govt takeover of many industries (including all of medicine, making medical care a nightmare), affirmed Affirmative Action but also “Affirmative REAction” penalizing whites specifically (as lib whites will join the others in legislating this), and intrusive Gay Affirmative Reaction, govt expropriations of huge tracts of rural (and urban) land in service of Agenda 21, cap & trade with effective de-industrialization.
A liberal supreme court for a generation if O wins. We have 4 months left until the election. We all need to put all aside and donate our time and money to this once in a lifetime fight. And we need to get as many R senators as we can. Look at the senate races and see what we can do to win them all.
Donate$

anotherJoe on June 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Check out this very interesting bit here from the Scalia dissent. He seems to be suggesting another way to challenge the tax because it is not a “direct tax”:

“…[there is an issue] whether this is a direct tax that must be apportioned among the States according to their population. Art. I, §9, cl. 4. Perhaps it is not (we have no need to address the point); but the meaning of the Direct Tax Clause is famously unclear, and its application here is a question of first impression that deserves more thoughtful consideration than the lick-and-a-promise accorded by the Government and its supporters. The Government’s opening brief did not even address the question—perhaps because, until today, no federal court has accepted the implausible argument that §5000A is an exercise of the tax power. And once respondents raised the issue, the Government devoted a mere 21 lines of its reply brief to the issue…At oral argument, the most prolonged statement about the issue was just over 50 words. One would expect this Court to demand more than fly-by-night briefing and argument before deciding a difficult constitutional question of first impression.”

Today was not the end of the lawsuits on Obamacare; maybe only the beginning. Stay tuned . . . .

AZCoyote on June 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

How does Otax keep the doctors from removing my feet and tonsils?

Electrongod on June 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I see Lucky Pierre, AKA inthemiddle, is actually the same person as/has taken over from angryed, and is pretending to be a “true conservative” with the real goal of getting anti-Obama voters to stay home or support a third party candidate.

Remember: a vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for Obama. Anyone telling you to stay home, or vote for a third-party candidate, is an Obama supporter.

MidniteRambler on June 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Vote Obama out. Then President Romney and the Republican Congress must use every executive and legislative trick in the book to get rid of this law once and for all. At the very very least, neuter it to the point where it can do no harm to anyone’s health coverage.

I have to admit one potential upside to this ruling today is that not only will it galvanize the conservative and Tea Party base, but it will be even sweeter to see this law eventually get overturned at a signing ceremony held by President Romney rather than by a Supreme Court decision. MSDNC that day will be must watch(and record for posterity) television.

Doughboy on June 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

This is the argument we need to make.

Rubio: IRS Is Coming For The Uninsured

Damn straight reality between the eyes.

Mitt and the GOP need to hammer this point.

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Deal. Welcome aboard.

magicbeans on June 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Yesterday I wasn’t at all eager or excited to vote for Romney. Today I am.

29Victor on June 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

It will now be called the Obamacare tax

hillsoftx on June 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

It is a tax, and it was always meant to be. The smokescreen was the Dem rhetoric about “taxing the rich.” What utter BS. There aren’t enough “rich people” to tax into oblivion to offset the massive spending we’ve seen.

This is just part of the fraud that is BO, his administration and the entire Dem Party.

Lies, lies, lies, lies. The only way to raise enough money is to penalize the middle class which is already under pressure.

Lies, lies, lies and more lies. Only the dumbest BO voter (who generally cannot read, write or count their own change at a store counter) could fall for this shiiite. And include so-called educated liberal who can only spout ideology and slogans. No common sense, no plan – just feelings and emotion. Well, the road to he// truly is paved with “good intentions.” History repeats itself, and they never notice. Appallingly stupid.

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

It was true yesterday, it is true today, and it will be true tomorrow – OMG – obama must go.

The SCOTUS ruling on obama’s massive TAX INCREASE is only one of many reasons that obama must be removed from power – before it is too late.

Pork-Chop on June 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Deal. Welcome aboard.

magicbeans on June 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Count me in. If there are still elections in 2016, it will be the first time that I knowingly vote for a Democrat in my life.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

“I hope people back home fully understand what this means, and here’s what this means: It is now unlawful for you not to buy health insurance, and if you do not buy it, you have an IRS problem,” the Florida Republican said on Fox News. “If you do not buy health insurance, the IRS is going to be on your back and chasing you. They’re going to take away your refund, they’re going to increase your fees, they’re going to come after you.”

Rubio argued that millions of Americans will face being “out of compliance” with the IRS for not having health insurance coverage.

“Somehow the Obama administration thinks that’s a victory,” he said. “That’s everything you need to know about that administration.”

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Notice Mitt doesn’t use a Teleprompter?

Bobnormal on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

And afterwards, hold his feet to the fire to make him back up his words.

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

No, by electing as many strong conservatives to Congress as possible along with Romney who will help us hold his feet to the fire.

Shadow on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

That’s a certainty. I’m still voting for him because he’ll expand it less than Obama, but he’ll expand it. I’m hoping for a conservative primary challenge in 2016.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I don’t buy the argument from people who are saying, “well, at least the commerce clause was limited” in this decision. That seems pretty irrelevant because this decision just gave Congress a new model for mandating anything they want.

Just mandate something and call the fine for non-compliance a tax and it’s legal. So, everything Congress wants to do to us shifts from the commerce clause to it’s power to tax. It’s all just a shell game to expand government power.

JohnInCA on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I’m going to ask a serious question, and I would like some serious answers. What incentive is there for Mitt Romney to waste time and political capital attempting to kill Obamacare, a government program that is modeled after one of his very own design (and one which he remains exuberantly proud of), when the people who are demanding that he do so will vote for him unconditionally anyway? what does he stand to gain from this course of action? Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Out. Of. Compliance.

Isn’t that an Orwell idea?

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I’ve talked to 3 ppl who told me they will not vote before the ruling, are now Rmoney™ supporters….. thank you justices ……;)

angrymike on June 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

You’re right. A lawyer friend of mine claims that Roberts’ ruling was actually intended to do this, as opposed to a ruling under the commerce clause which would have been near impossible to repeal…

Pest on June 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

If you need me, I’ll be spending the summer learning Japanese (or equivalent Eastern economies that appear to be doing well).

nobar on June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

To get a second term.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Send him some money.

Beat Obama.

hawkdriver on June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Romney would never do anything like this! I say we all donate to him.

dom89031 on June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Today’s snafu infuriates me, makes me distrustful of any political figure who I thought to be a reliable conservative, and takes a little more out of my already-meager confidence in our nation’s future.

But yes, I will vote for Romney. I don’t know whether or not there’s any hope for America, but if there is… Romney, unfortunately, is it.

Mr. Prodigy on June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

This will help Obama with Hispanics even more in swing states.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Why do you think Hispanics are stupid and gullible? Oh, yeah, it’s because you’re a bigoted leftist.

CurtZHP on June 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Shadow on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

And these “strong conservatives” (no doubt in the mold of the “tea party conservatives” who went to Congress in 2010 and haven’t done jack sh*t) will do what to hold his feet to the fire? Threaten to impeach him? Refuse to publicly campaign with him? Good luck with that.

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Can anyone quantify this tax into dollars or percentage? How deep will we have to dig into our pockets to pay this tax?

Blake on June 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

He won’t. You can be sure of that.

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM

blockquote>There are going to be three candidates for President on all the ballot in every state, and only one of them is not to blame for Obamacare. Please vote for Gary Johnson in 2012.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

FloatingRock is listening to sirens if he thinks Gary Johnson can win. Hope you can still float after you jump overboard.

Steve Z on June 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

THIS.

It’s just that simple.

PappyD61 on June 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Then don’t vote for one of the only two politicians in the country that are responsible for Obamacare, vote for Gary Johnson instead.

I think that in November most Americans will vote for Gary Johnson and only the koolaid drinkers will vote for Obama or Romney. Vote against Obama, but vote against the grandfather of Obamacare, Romney, too.

There is only one of the three candidates in November that has always stood for freedom and liberty.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Whether or not RomneyCare and ObamaCare are otherwise similar, one is a state program, MA, the most liberal state in the nation, the other is federal. That’s a difference you need to ponder. That’s the primary argument Romney has against ObamaCare. Federalism. It’s important.

Paul-Cincy on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Armin Tamzarian on June 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Because only a small group will vote for him unconditionally.

I’ve been a supporter for some time, but if he backed off this issue, I’d simply vote to take Congress and cut Barry off at the knees.

I’ve read a lot from you these past months, and you really do not know Romney. You have a preconceived notion, because he’s not your choice, and you can’t grow past it.

At a certain point, you need to realize you’re not playing devil’s advocate, or speaking truth.

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

TheLastBrainLeft on June 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It was passed throught budget reconciliation, so supposedly can be repealed that way.

It might require rulings by the House and Senate parliamentarians, but if the GOP holds the House and takes the Senate, I’d guess Boehner and McConnell would see the right-thinking persons got the jobs. The Speaker and the SML have the authority to hire and fire these persons.

Ironically, the whole budget reconciliation processs was Robert Byrd (D-KKK)’s invention.

Wethal on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

It’s true. After the ruling, I had an urge to vote for Romney.

Urge to voting for Romney still there.

sentinelrules on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Mitt Romney in 2007: The Individual Mandate is “Ultimate Conservatism”

Ah, yes, let’s vote this flip-flopping scum liberal into the Presidency so he can put the final nail in the coffin of conservatism.

Lord on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Enjoy today. Enjoy the new taxes being foisted on the poor.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

The poor? Hardly. The middle class are the ones who are going to be taking it up the rear with this new trillion-dollar “tax.” The poor will continue to get subsidies, as always, paid for by the taxpayers.

One of the big drivers of this debacle was the left’s desire to get more taxpayer-funded medical care for millions of illegal aliens, who now have to go to the ER for their “free” healthcare in the U.S. (unless they’re among the thousands who’ve obtained Medicaid cards using phony ID’s). Now illegals can buy private insurance, using their taxpayer-funded subsidies or “tax credits,” and the middle class will be picking up the tab, through higher premiums for their own insurance, and/or higher taxes.

Just more “social justice” re-distribution of America’s wealth to the Third World.

AZCoyote on June 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

He won’t. You can be sure of that.

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM

We need to make a list of everyone who says this.

So when the day comes, you either apologize or are booted from HA.

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM