Pelosi on the ObamaCare ruling: “Total victory”

posted at 10:01 pm on June 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

I figured we’d wind down D-Day with a little extra motivation for everyone to turn out this fall. Who better than Nancy to provide it? The image of her gloating when the House passed ObamaCare, waving around that giant ceremonial gavel like it was the Lombardi Trophy, alone probably accounted for half the seats the GOP picked up in the midterms. A few more soundbites like this can probably deliver Ohio and Michigan.

Not enough motivation? Here, let me make it extra special:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday credited the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) with driving the success of the Democrats’ healthcare law – even from his grave…

“I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill,” Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. “And now he can rest in peace. His dream for America’s families has become a reality.”

Forget what I said about Pelosi’s “victory” comment being a strong motivator; this is a strong motivator. Although, to be honest, I hope she’s right. As an atheist, I have a keen interest in the bar for admission into heaven being low just in case I’m wrong about the hereafter. If a guy can leave a woman to drown and still make into heaven, where he’s free to beam socialist inspiration into the minds of Democratic leaders, then dude, I’m in like flynn.

Oh, more good news: Pelosi forgot Brian Terry’s name on the House floor today during the run-up to Holder’s contempt vote. Maybe Teddy can straighten her out during their next seance.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When the insane are in charge…

Cleombrotus on June 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

A victory, yes. For America, no.

Eren on June 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Love to see her get sick under Ocare. She’d be denied not only for being too old, but too freaking ugly. Go away skank.

msupertas on June 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Dump a bucket of water on her and be done with it already.

wytshus on June 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

You don’t make deals with the devil from heaven Nancy. Teddy went the opposite way.

Flange on June 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

You missed the part where she explains that we smallfolk don’t need to worry our cute little heads about the Supreme Court calling our brave and strong President’s law a “tax”; that’s just Washington-speak, you see, and it’s really unfortunate but necessary that the Court had to go and confuse by using that word.

I wish I were exaggerating.

HitNRun on June 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I have to think that some where in another lifetime this woman was a (fill in the blank)

Rovin on June 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Nancy Pelosi, you are an ugly filthy botulism-filled Communist nightmare.

That is all.

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I figured we’d wind down D-Day with a little extra motivation for everyone to turn out this fall by rubbing more salt into the wound after Chrissy Matthews.

FIFY

Wethal on June 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

… one has to wonder if God’s angry with us.

Cleombrotus on June 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

If Teddy Kennedy’s in Heaven, there ain’t no one in Hell.

I would gladly spend eternity in Hell if I could watch her and Teddy Kennedy be Satan’s play thing.

After all, don’t you know Nancy? You have to spend eternity in Hell to know what’s in it.

Phoenix7 on June 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Last I heard, Romney had raised 3.2 million in small donations today.

Don’t get depressed. Get mad, and donate to Romney or the Republican Senatorial candidate of your choice. I already did.

hachiban on June 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I’m picturing Teddy welcoming Allahpundit at the pearly gates…
And don’t worry about Nancy, she gets special healthcare while you peons get Obamacare.

daj on June 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Pretty shameful how the GOP has milking this today. They never wanted to stop Obamacare- they just want to fundraise off it.

Just like Romney demagogued Perry over Social Security, a program the Republican Party also aimed to repeal when it was first passed, future Repubics will attack each other over who best can administer the new Healthcare system.

sartana on June 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

“I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill,”

Actually Big Ted went south and got someone else to help pass the bill.

Bishop on June 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

“I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill,” Pelosi.

I highly doubt that Teddy found himself in circumstances of being able to help, nor do I think a law designating money for abortion would gain any traction in heaven.

INC on June 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

John Kettlewell on June 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Yeah Nancy, people are going to just LOVE your new TAXES.

GarandFan on June 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I really want to see Ace do a parody of Fallow’s coup post…

ninjapirate on June 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Gag…

jawkneemusic on June 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

The reeking pile of bovine excrement that is Nancy Pelosi is only exceeded in it’s stinking volume and odoriferous emanations by the vomit-inducing pile formed from that sickeningly nauseous mass of Kenyan goat dung currently illegally occupying the Oval Office.

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

msupertas on June 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Isn’t she already – ahem – attractive-challenged? And didn’t Congress exempt themselves from O-care?

Waggoner on June 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Dump a bucket of water on her and be done with it already.

wytshus on June 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I seriously would like someone to ‘accidentally’ spill holy water on her and see if she starts acting like it was sulfuric acid.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

“Total Victory” will be when this socialist takeover of the Medical Industry POS Legislation is repealed.

Doubling down on 2010 you psycho biatch.

She should be doing time just like Martha Stewart had to.

FlaMurph on June 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Are you gonna let her win?

Romney 2012

thebrokenrattle on June 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Enough! Now, I’ll have nightmares as well as daymares. Good night.

Fallon on June 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Really, AP. I don’t need any more motivation. Asking anyone to listen to one of the most vile, grasping, venal and mendacious reptiles to ever inhabit the halls of Congress is more than one should ask. It’s sadistic.

And… she’s batsh$t crazy to boot. Dementia on full display.

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I’ve had two “friends” leave me today because I posted factual information on Obamacare– links to CBO’s analysis that it will cost over $1.76 trillion and such. Apparently concerns about trivialities such as the tax increases and costs constitute “extreme right ring rants.”

These people are insane.

obladioblada on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Better this pathetic excuse for a Catholic give credit to her new god Ted than to further profane her alleged faith in God.

natasha333 on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Dear GOP,

This is your last chance. If you blow this, I’m out and you need to be destroyed.

What is it? Repeal ObamaCare on Day 1. Don’t worry about replace, don’t worry about anything else. We will do everything we have to to drag your sorry asses over the line this fall, including electing Mitt Romney.
In return this is what you will do:

Instead of adjourning for pictures and tea and cake to celebrate getting your pathetic asses elected to 2 or 6 years on the government teet, you will immediately pass a one line bill that says, “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (and whatever statute number has to be included) is hereby repealed.”

That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since Congress meets before Inauguration Day, Obama will still be President. Simply hold the legislation at the desk so the 10 day pocket veto clock doesn’t start. If other parliamentary BS is needed, just do it.

Then as soon as Mitt takes the oath of office, before his speech that no one will care about or remember, walk the bill up to him at the podium to sign.

If this does not happen, the GOP must be destroyed and a new party built to replace it. We’ve tried the carrot approach (votes, money, volunteers) to change your behavior. Now it’s time to show you the stick.

No more, “oh the other guys are worse” scare tactics. That might be true but it doesn’t mean you are any good.

This is your one job, do it or join the Whig Party in the dustbin of history.

Drew M

Green eyed Lady on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Sarah on greta now, asking congress to repeal the obamacare tax in july.

the coward mitt hides under a rock.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

She can take that giant gavel she has and shove it where the sun don’t shine..

sandee on June 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Green eyed Lady on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

If the GOP doesn’t, by an outright miracle, grow a spine and a set of balls we are ALL finished.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

There’s no point in voting. Obamacare will be with us forever. Repeal doesn’t stand a chance.

mboyle1988 on June 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

This has GOT to be a Southpark episode! Tell me it’s not real…please!

shov74 on June 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

If anyone was wondering how Bart Stupak feels today here’s the Detroit News.

Flange on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I can’t wait to piss on this bee-yotches grave. Literally.

SouthernGent on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

the coward mitt hides under a rock.

ritalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

If by ‘hiding under a rock’ you mean responding in under 2 hours.

Go play with razor blades, troll, you’re not fooling anyone and you’re so retarded Trig will take pity on you when he grows up.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

What is her title today?
What was it 2 years ago?

Round two coming..Botox.

Electrongod on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

These people are insane.

obladioblada on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

You need different friends. I just posted “so nice to know the government can now tax me for doing nothing.” So far I have a bunch of likes and a few additional comments like “Unbelievable!” These are mostly people who aren’t very political.

rockmom on June 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Total victory? Get back with us in November Nance.

iceman1960 on June 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM

“I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven

Teddy? Heaven? Is there a Commandment he did not break, repeatedly? Guess I’m golden then.

Madame Botox is really trying to get on my list right up there with Jane Fonda. Only reason she isn’t already is because I think she is menatally disabled because of Botox.

Dingbat63 on June 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

If it is so wonderful, you shrew, why did you exempt yourself from it?

Blake on June 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Barack Obama…”You lie!”

jazzmo on June 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Why accidentally? The gays proudly chuck glitter at Michele Bachmann and other conservative politicians. Boldly use some holy water on her, in the name of Jesus Christ, maybe it will free her of whatever evil spirit causes her to act like this.

What’s the worst that could happen? The media calls us a bunch of Christian extremists? Like they don’t do that three days a week anyway… (the other four are reserved for calling us racist.)

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Contemptible bunch of %$#&.

Ugh.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Romney with over 30,000 donors today-Obama has screwed with the wrong people. Nov will make 2010 look mild.

Ta111 on June 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

She always provokes violent fantasies.

TXMomof3 on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

These people are insane.

obladioblada on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Heh. I lost a Facebook friend today too. No biggie, just somebody who was added as a fellow Matt Kenseth fan, not anybody I’ve ever actually met. Oh well…

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hey Pelosi,

If you have to sell it then its not a victory for america.

nobleclem on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Green eyed Lady on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Amen, Sister!

mrsmwp on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

If anyone was wondering how Bart Stupak feels today here’s the Detroit News.

Flange on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I wonder what that clown got under the table for his vote?

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

thoughts? hadnt seen it till now. http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statements/2012/jan/13/einer-elhauge/harvard-law-professor-says-early-congress-mandated/

Donald Draper on June 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Volokh, IIRC, took this apart several months ago.

budfox on June 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

It has nothing to do with them having a spine. I submit many, if not most of them, are all for the bill. They simply couldn’t vote for it because it was so unpopular. They very well may get their chance to do something about it next year. I’m not optimistic.

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

If it is so wonderful, you shrew, why did you exempt yourself from it?

Blake on June 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Exactly. Also, Allah, there should be a moratorium on language for just a little while. This effing b!tch, c^nt, POS, should burn in hell as should all the dirty, filthy libs and dems that have sold my children’s future for a putrid ham sandwich.

mrsmwp on June 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Feel so depressed and betrayed… having to watch Pelosi is sickening. .

MT on June 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

She always provokes violent fantasies.

TXMomof3 on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Stand in line, sistah. ;-)

SouthernGent on June 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I want to punch her in the face- does that get me ban hammer?

bazil9 on June 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

grow up already. mitt will NEVER repeal obamacare. you and your fellow apologists need to get a better line of defense.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Nanzi is still directionally challenged…

d1carter on June 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Green Eyed Lady-

Was that actually written by “Drew M” of AOSHQ? He used to be the ultimate squish, but he’s had some great posts over the past year or so.

I just don’t see why we have to wait to be betrayed yet again by this party. A new and more massive betrayal is in the works:

Mitt Romney is on record that by saying “I will repeal Obamacare”, he means to fix it- keep the good and throw out the bad.

Here’s his surrogate and chief Health Care adviser Norm Coleman saying the same:

And “Drew M” at Ace of Spades on Romney appointing the Obamacare supporter Mike Leavitt to head his transition team:

Can we avoid the trainwreck of a Romney nomintion? Is there time to draft Scott Walker?

sartana on June 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Pelosi on the ObamaCare ruling: “Total victory”

Says the former Speaker of the House tossed by voters from that office because of her support for Obamacare.

Now you know how socialists define and measure “victory”.

farsighted on June 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

This is easily the most damaging development to the US since Fort Sumpter in 1863. The US as we know it will not last a generation. What needs to happen never will, because if such people already exist in sufficient numbers to correct this mistake, then we would never would have found ourselves in this position in the first place. In other words: That we are here is already proof that we cannot win.

Hell, we could easily back this up a bit and echo the word a Czech dude once said [and I paraphrase] about a nation made of people who could elect an Obama to begin with, is in itself a death-nell for that nation.

Though not to go full Eeyor, we still have a chance. Slim and daunting, yes. But is it not quite zero. We have no choice but to back Romney now. That includes you Paulians too!!!! So get off your high horse already!

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I have one last question before signing off on this most disastrous day: Will Roger Simon be exercising his right to revise and extend his article that said the Supreme Court and Roberts has lost its honor?

Rovin on June 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sarah on greta now, asking congress to repeal the obamacare tax in july.

the coward mitt hides under a rock.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

…how come the wrong one has the ba11s?

KOOLAID2 on June 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Allah and Erika rattling our cages tonight – first Tingles, then Hillary and now Pelosi. Please, don’t dump DWS on us too!

50sGuy on June 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I wonder if Obama and Pelosi called GWB and thanked him for appointing Roberts Chief Justice.

farsighted on June 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

didn’t mean to bold so much, just a word or two.

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Granny McBotox is a national disgrace, and something north of 85% of voters agree with that. And Ted Kennedy in heaven? That gave me my first hearty laugh of the day.

Rational Thought on June 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

We have no choice but to back Romney now.

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

the other choice is to just stay home.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Teddy Kennedy in Heaven?…..with Mary Jo?….with the unborn that he helped pay to slaughter in the womb, while they screamed for their little lives?

Sorry, murderers like Kennedy and those that support the murder of the unborn will not be rejoicing beyond the pearly gates.

If Teddy is there………it ain’t heaven.

Pity your wretched whorish soul Ms Pelosi.

You sold yourself for thirty pieces of silver (political power). Sad.

PappyD61 on June 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Just remember that Boehner promised not to do this ball-spiking if the ruling had gone in his way.

vegconservative on June 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

she’s right.

They won. We lost.

We took it to the Supremes and lost.

portlandon on June 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Yeah, one was a far left stranger that I wanted to lose anyway and the other was a smug Northeast type. I’m told that CBO analyses are “right wing facts.” It’s liberating to be rid of them.

I’ve been tolerating obscenity, vulgarity and deeply degrading and offensive material from others because I want to see how they think. The one thing they can’t tolerate is factual information.

obladioblada on June 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Heh. Thanks for the chuckle, Allah.

Lightswitch on June 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, it is hard to keep up! This is priceless and needs to go viral, h/t breitbart:

txmomof6 on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

We have no choice but to back Romney now.

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

the other choice is to just stay home.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

What, and not vote? That is asinine. FYI: I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Atheist Palinista! This is how desperate things have become!

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Pelosi said the court’s decision to uphold the individual insurance mandate of President Obama’s signature healthcare law marks “a victory for the American people insurance companies, international banks, health care companies, pharmaceutical companies, Bilderbergers, Socialists, Communists, Fascists, the IRS, the Rockefellers, labor bosses and the sundry elected officials engaged in organized crime.”

There again, just tinfoil hat stuff…guess we should just move along.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Warming up the Brute Force electron microscope to their spine and gonads. Maybe we’ll get lucky this time.

chemman on June 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Warming up the Brute Force electron microscope to check for their spine and gonads. Maybe we’ll get lucky this time.

chemman on June 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

FIFM.

chemman on June 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I’m in like flynn.

I don’t know if Teddy is in Heaven or Hell, but I’m praying for you AP!

And me. And a couple of other people.

… one has to wonder if God’s angry with us.

Cleombrotus on June 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Sometimes, the consequences of people’s choices are actually visited on the people that made the choice. Ironic that we would call that “fair” in any another context. :) Not always. Speaking of prayer, one could ask for a kind of crop failure.

But, the good news is that as free people, we get to live our lives independently, making choices for ourselves …

Oh, wait –

Axe on June 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

mboyle1988 on June 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

You would like that, wouldn’t you. Troll

Barred on June 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

“Er ah, I didn’t expect there to be quite so many flames in, ah, Heaven. And who knew that Hitlah would be here, too?”

- Ted Kennedy, five minutes after dying.

Kensington on June 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

i understand. i’ve been in a fog all day. dozed off at lunch and dreamt all theses hand kept reaching into my pockets.

just don’t see mitt repealing obamacare. i see him growing government, opening our borders, and finally nominating a roberts.

mitt doesn’t want my vote or need it. i’m the lunatic fringe now.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I rarely post; however, I am a avid reader and lurker of Hotair and today I need to rant. So, here it is. Not sure why I’m writing this, but it makes me feel better to do it. Please bear with me.

John Roberts is a good man. I would even say that he is often a conservative.

But he is a don’t-make-waves conservative. In its very nature, conservatism has an element of not making waves. But no “movement conservative” (i.e., true conservative) could have done what Roberts did today. Here I am talking not about the health bill specifically but his reasoning behind upholding it. I’m convinced that he just didn’t want to make certain media and political bullies dislike him.

What we need, in EVERY elected office and judicial appointment, is what I will call testicular conservatives, not don’t-make-waves conservatives. In other words, conservatives who have the intestinal fortitude (others may wish to use stronger language) TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT, regardless of what others think.

Our heroes of the past all had it — Patrick Henry, George Washington, Sam Houston, Ronald Reagan, etc. They didn’t care what people thought. They weren’t tricky or gimmicky (that was left to the likes of Franklin Roosevelt, LBJ, Kennedy, Clinton, and Obama … that is, Democrats). They just called ‘em as they saw ‘em, took a stand (often at the risk not just of their personal popularity but of their very lives), and fought for what was right.

Ironically and sadly, most of our Republican male elected officials don’t have the cajones needed. Alito, Thomas, and Scalia all do, as do some Republican governors, but increasingly our elected women have “bigger testicles” than our men do. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, et. al.

It’s time to stand up and fight.

We need to win in November, yes, but EVEN IF WE LOSE THEN, we need to keep fighting.

One of my great heroes is Winston Churchill. He was famous for saying “Never give in. Never, never, never, never given in.” Here is the entire quote:

“Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Good words to remember, and some context makes it even more powerful. He said that in 1941, when the outcome of World War II was far from certain and the worst fighting was still to come. Hard to imagine now, but there was a very real chance that Britain and all of the civilized world would be destroyed and lost forever.

He said it in front of a bunch of school boys at his alma matter, the Harrow School. Before he was introduced, the boys sang their school song which had been updated to include a stanza in Churchill’s honor. One of the lines said, “Though long the fight / we know that right / Will triumph in the end!”

Our call to action today is to remember that the fight is long. I think one of our problems as conservatives is that we all want to cast one magic vote and go back to our own business. Well, for the rest of our lifetimes we do not have that luxury if we want to save this country. It’s going to require voting in every primary, runoff, and election, and voting for the most rabidly conservative who’s running.

The time for squishy moderates is over. Too much is at stake.

We can do it. It’s just going to take a long time and be difficult. But we must never give in and never give up! We owe it to the great heroes of our nation’s past who themselves never faltered.

Thanks for letting me rant.

texgal on June 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Maybe Teddy can straighten her out during their next seance.

Ted the K was a notorious mangler; amongst others, he mis-Identified congressman Marty Meehan while introducing him at a campaign event!

massrighty on June 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

testicular conservatives

lol … post more often.

Axe on June 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I wonder what that clown got under the table for his vote?

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

He is now a partner in Venable LLP’s Legislative and Government Affairs group. I imagine that partnership might be the answer.

Flange on June 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Whats this new delete/delete ban thingy?

America..you voted for it, swallow it now. I meet these people everyday-enjoy.

bazil9 on June 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

“I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill,”

Speaking as one who actually believes in Heaven, Madam Congresswoman, that’s not where murderers go when they die.

R.I.P. Mary Jo

Alberta_Patriot on June 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

mitt doesn’t want my vote or need it. i’m the lunatic fringe now.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Totally understand! I too feel quite depressed and dejected, almost to the point of giving up. But fight we must. If WE don’t then the Left will REALLY feel empowered more than they already do!

RavingLunatic on June 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

texgal on June 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Great post! I can’t help but believe that late at night after several drinks and cigars even Winston said (to himself maybe)…what in the hell are we going to do? I think we are all wondering this tonight. Tomorrow we start again!

d1carter on June 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

texgal on June 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Thanks for that and you should post more often. Glad you are here.

txmomof6 on June 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

My hat is off to Pelosi and Reid. They are vicious ideologues who refused to take no for an answer and knew that once this puppy was out the door it wasnt coming back.

They also knew that their opponents were gullible suckers.

I hate the woman, but until conservatives play hard ball like she does, all one can do is wish we had an attack dog like her on our side.

rickyricardo on June 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I figured we’d wind down D-Day with …

Geez, AP, you looking to set things up where you ban half of your regular commenters here? I’m not even participating on this thread. That ?itch would lead me to stress the second commandment to the breaking point and probably lead to other bad words.

/Lutheran/Catholic ordering of commandments: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain”.

AZfederalist on June 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Conservatives need to abandon their principles and become activists at all levels. To be respectful of precedent by definition means nothing will change.

Cnservatives can not be conservative and expect to win these fights. They must be radicals or they are wasting their time playing defense or mearly tending their wounds.

rickyricardo on June 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Tomorrow we start again!

And you have to believe that ” we know that right / Will triumph in the end!” That is all we need. I was in a hospital today at 9:00 AM as the ruling came down. I can tell you that we are not alone! We are not the minority! This fight has just begun!

texgal on June 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A twofer, as frankly, I was hoping for non-twisted logic from the Supremes.

This decision from the SC is just that, twisted (nefarious and illogical).

Bat Nan, well….

They can try to enforce it all they want.

Unlike some here, I’m not given up, or in. Never.

I would like to know if Mittens has entered a comment.

I, reluctantly, will vote for him (call it the ABO camp), but if I hear him say that the FlapEared teh is just in over his head — and a nice guy too. Sorry, Mitt.

You know, I was thinking today (what?) about how juxtaposed with yesteryear, some of us would have just a little faith in ‘our esteemed’ politicians and imagine what we might be thinking about rather than spending all our time with the various ‘feet to the fire’ aspects that seem never ending…

Never going to give up.