Hillary Clinton: I’m obviously quite excited about the ObamaCare ruling

posted at 8:01 pm on June 28, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

With the many trials and tribulations we’ve seen witnessed throughout President Obama’s tenure, Democrats and Republicans alike have oft pondered, how would this have all turned out if Democrats had instead decided upon Hillary Clinton as their presidential nominee in 2008? Just the other week, former Pennsylvania governor and DNC chief Ed Rendell wondered aloud whether we’d all have been better off with Hillary at the helm:

Well, who knows what would have been, but as far as Obama’s ‘crowning legislative achievement’ goes, I think it’s safe to say we’d have been in pretty much the same spot. Here’s her reaction to today’s Supreme Court ruling upholding the individual mandate as a tax:

She made her remarks in St. Petersburg, Russia, where she had just arrived for meetings with her Russian counterpart.

“I haven’t had a chance to read the decision. I literally just heard as we landed that the Supreme Court has upheld the healthcare law. Obviously I want to get into the details, but I’m very pleased. That’s how I hoped it would turn out,” Clinton said in video posted by PSB’s “NewsHour” and reported by Agence France Presse. …

“I think it’s a great moment to just think about what this will mean for the millions and millions of Americans who have already benefited from the Affordable Care Act and some many more who will continue to do so,” Clinton added.

Of course, Hillary was the one who insisted upon the necessity of the individual mandate from the beginning, while Obama was vociferously against it before he was for it. And hey, funnily enough, he was also against the mandate as a tax before he was for it, too — and look where that landed us. Woof.

Comments

Hillary, you have been a failure as Secretary of State and when you open your mouth you only prove the rumors that you’ve taken up drinking.

That is all.

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Did she just get off her flight that was picking up some rubber dog $hit from Hong Kong??

BigWyo on June 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

anyone seen our dear leader? mittens…. mittens where are you?

somebody out there help me. my eyesights poor. under what rock is he hiding?

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

~Cough cough -BULLS..T- Cough cough~

LtGenRob on June 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I can’t type here, the word that I just called Hillary – but, it begins with a “C” and I scared the cat when I yelled it.

Pork-Chop on June 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

What about my right to drive into the ER without insurance whenever I have a severe health problem and let ‘the system’ pick up the tab?
Doesn’t Hillary care about my right to freeload or engage in self-medication with roots and herbs?

bayam on June 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Hillary is excited because being hit by a sniper bullet is fully covered under BarkyCare.

Bishop on June 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

anyone seen our dear leader? mittens…. mittens where are you?

somebody out there help me. my eyesights poor. under what rock is he hiding?

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

He issued a statement earlier. There’s a post about it.

kim roy on June 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Who really cares what she thinks, and how is this newsworthy? Unless and until she decides to run for the Democratic nomination in 2016, she is irrelevant.

OneVision on June 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I keep hearing interviews with Americans. Every single person that they interview is ecstatic that they now have ‘access’ to free healthcare.

*facepalm*

tom daschle concerned on June 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

This is a vindication of all Eeyores, everywhere. The peeps elected O, the peeps elected the confirmers, the peeps stayed home and played video games and watched Survivor. What a country.

Limerick on June 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

That “Reset” button is really working out well, isn’t it Hillary?

Been “flexible” with the Russians yet? What are you giving up this week?

GarandFan on June 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

kim roy on June 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

mitt may have the nuts, but he don’t have the guts.

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Of course you are, honey, but you and your family are exempt from it. obamacare is for the rubes – not the special people like you.

Blake on June 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Love the hair and the pearls. Werk Hillary, werk!

libfreeordie on June 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Pass.

Bmore on June 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Somebody just shoot me. It’s been one of those days.

SparkPlug on June 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM

No surprise that the grim reaper of domestic vaccine producers would be excited about tremendously bad law like this.

tom daschle concerned on June 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Worst SOS ever.

SparkPlug on June 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Somebody just shoot me. It’s been one of those days.

SparkPlug on June 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM

That will be an option available to you at a BarkyCare Center, complete with choice of final music and favorite scenery projected on the wall.

Bishop on June 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Of course she’s happy… She can now run against Mitt in ’16.

PA Guy on June 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Now we’ve heard from Hillary, and as if today can’t get any stranger, I just read that Kim Kardashian is an al Qaeda operative and made a sex tape with a unicorn (click The Daily Caller).

stukinIL4now on June 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Don’t worry! Tylenol will now be GI issue!

Limerick on June 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

*facepalm*
tom daschle concerned on June 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Pretty much is free if they make less than $50k/yr. They will receive a federal subsidy. Anyone making more than that pays for everyone else. I’m looking at my out of pocket costs doubling when my employer drops my insurance benefit.

txhsmom on June 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

And that’s no change from how it generally works today- people without enough income to pay for healthcare end up in the ER and cost the system far more than necessary because early signs of serious conditions aren’t addressed by preventive or primary care.

bayam on June 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

stukinIL4now on June 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

What has been read cannot be unread.

LtGenRob on June 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Well, Shrillary should get her rocks off while she can, because there’s a lot hidden in the Roberts decision that the libs don’t see yet. Lots.

petefrt on June 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

It’s called Obamatax now, get with the program.

Wagthatdog on June 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

*facepalm*
tom daschle concerned on June 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thats because its the media interviewing them and they are the ones they seek out. The dumbmasses…and they really think it is free….

Barred on June 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Bishop on June 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I suppose they will Tax my kidney for the bullet that lodges into my spleen.

SparkPlug on June 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM

What, is she there for tips on ruthlessness or to provide some?

arnold ziffel on June 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Any word from Newt on this yet?

SouthernGent on June 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM

bayam on June 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

So no change then? It’s generally understood that “the poor” don’t take preventive measures. Having “free” healthcare is going to change that?

The poor already have options (Medicaid/Medicair/ whatever)

The rich (read super rich) don’t buy insurance, and will pay their fine tax, which will never be enough.

The very small percentage of folks who can afford it but don’t buy it are just that… A small percentage.

Who ends up paying? Me and the rest of the middle class.

I (and my company) already pay $13,000 for my family. How much is enough?

LtGenRob on June 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Of course socialists are happy today. They’ve pretty much presided over the death of the U.S. Constitution. It’s what they’ve been after for decades. They’ve made serfs of what were once free people. They’re doing the Snoopy dance from now until November… when the bill comes due. And while it will be somewhat satisfying to see Democrats punished at the polls, it won’t bring the Constitution back. As of today, we can be taxed simply for being. I think when we put them out, we should find new and interesting ways to make Democrats sorry for that.

The Constitution was the referee on the field, the final arbiter in our disputes. That’s gone now. It’s no-holds-barred now.

Murf76 on June 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It’s called Obamatax now, get with the program.

Wagthatdog on June 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Don’t call it obamatax, call it obamacare tax. Tie it to obamacare!

Barred on June 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Bobby Jindal up next on The Factor to discuss Obamacare fiasco.

Philly on June 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Here’s my answer, Hil. Just go away.

kingsjester on June 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM

The plague that America voted for just keeps on giving………..

How has this nation survived its leaders?

GOD, WE NEED A MIRACLE!!!!!!!

PappyD61 on June 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Price controls, rationing, and piss poor doctors are the future. Maybe we can import all our physicians from some crappy hellhole like Britain does.

tom daschle concerned on June 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM

bayam on June 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Except it costs trillions and slashes 500 billion from Medicare?

Chuck Schick on June 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Love the hair and the pearls. Werk Hillary, werk!

libfreeordie on June 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I’m sure you do. For yourself or your man friend?

arnold ziffel on June 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

anyone seen our dear leader? mittens…. mittens where are you?

somebody out there help me. my eyesights poor. under what rock is he hiding?

renalin on June 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

He made a statement 90 minutes after, you dumbass.

This is the problem when you only have enough mental capacity to post the same thing repeatedly.

Chuck Schick on June 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Let’s keep in mind that if only Bill Clinton had entered office with a Obama-level historic supermajority in 1992, we would have had Hillarycare rammed down our throats back then. Would we have been able to get rid of it even yet?

slickwillie2001 on June 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I know it won’t happen, but I’d love to see the looks on the faces of all these elitist creeps if THEY were FORCED to take the same care the rest of us serfs have to take, and pay for.

You KNOW of course, the softest hit will be the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Wolfmoon on June 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Lying cow.

NotCoach on June 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Lying cow.

NotCoach on June 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You are being kind. Unfortunately, if I provided the appellation I think applies, I’d probably be banned.

Rhymes with ducking flitch.

AZfederalist on June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Bill and Hillary Clinton should be in prison for crimes against humanity for what they did to their fellow citizens at Waco, TX, on April 19, 1993. The Waco Massacre and church burning (it was a church, not a “compound”), was the most brutal, heinous violation of civil, human and Constitutional rights in this nation’s history. Innocent men, women and children were attacked with tanks, poison gas (CS gas turns to cyanide when heated) and burned alive. Those who ran from the church were machine-gunned as documented in the movie “Waco, The Rules of Engagement.” If you doubt how bad this was consider that you never hear the left stream media talk about it. They want it erased from history but this memorial site will remain forever: http://www.wizardsofaz.com/waco/waco2.html
And if that weren’t bad enough, Clinton’s thugs then stuck a machine gun in the face of a 5 year old boy and sent him to the communist gulag known as Cuba: http://www.therealcuba.com/elian_gonzalez.htm
Let’s hope Clinton isn’t teaching President Prompter too many of his old tricks!

devan95 on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

devan95 on June 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It’s what the Left is capable of for those who get out of line.

Cleombrotus on June 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

petefrt on June 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

…look at her!…she’s the only one who can!
No wonder B J….is B J!

KOOLAID2 on June 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bayam on June 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

And here I thought you were working the 3rd shift at NASA..

BigWyo on June 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hey Hil, find the billing records from Rose Law Firm yet?

How are cattle futures these days?

Corruptocrat like all the rest…

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I don’t know which is worse, Piglosi doin’ a celebritory jig on the House floor or this smarmy witch cacklin’ on the way to representin’ me in Russia.

Kissmygrits on June 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM

No matter what Clinton might say publicly, I’ll bet she is privately swearing a blue streak that the nationalization of America’s health care system will forever be known as Obamacare, not Clintoncare. She’s not smart enough to realize she dodged a bullet (not that her reputation is helped by that, Obama has kicked her around the pen like a beaten dog since she became Secretary of State, and she’s done a miserable job anyway).

RebeccaH on June 29, 2012 at 1:14 PM