Boehner: Today’s ruling “underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety”

posted at 1:21 pm on June 28, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Allright, guys. I gave myself ten minutes to sit with my head on my desk in a lethargic state of despair and stupefaction — and now I’m officially over it. The individual mandate is here: There’s nothing for it but to keep fighting to ensure it dies a quick death. And you know, now that I’m really thinking about it, despite the Supreme Court’s ruling that the individual mandate can basically work within the confines of the Constitution, I can’t help feeling that President Obama is still going to rue the day he ever signed his name on this egregiously intrusive monstrosity of a law. Yes, it’s technically a victory of sorts for Obama & Friends, but the fact remains that, by and large, Americans hate this thing. It grates against the very core of our personal-responsibility-lovin’ souls. Is this ruling going to inspire the type of 2010-reminiscent anti-government rage we need to put us over the edge in the November elections? I refuse to give up hope.

And now on to the reactions of some of our Congressional leaders. Speaker of the House John Boehner issued his statement of resolve quickly following the ruling:

“The president’s health care law is hurting our economy by driving up health costs and making it harder for small businesses to hire.  Today’s ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety.  What Americans want is a common-sense, step-by-step approach to health care reform that will protect Americans’ access to the care they need, from the doctor they choose, at a lower cost.  Republicans stand ready to work with a president who will listen to the people and will not repeat the mistakes that gave our country ObamaCare.”

In other words, this legislation drastically changes the outlook for small businesses, and our economy will not recover while we’re under its death grip — but all is not lost if we can get Mitt Romney, who has promised to file repeal legislation on the theoretical first day he takes office, to oust President Obama. Looks like the Speaker is going to hold a House vote on fully repealing the PPACA before the big recess, although it will be more of a solidarity-move than anything else:

House Republicans scheduled a vote to repeal the law for July 11. They have made similar attempts in the past, but their legislation has failed in the Senate, where a supermajority of 60 votes are needed to advance legislation.

While of course a full repeal holds no hope in the Senate at the moment, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had some fightin’ words:

Truth. Here’s Rep. Allen West‘s (R-Florida) powerful statement lamenting the ramifications of the ruling:

“The United States Supreme Court has ruled to uphold the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act by extending the power of the United States Congress to tax Americans’ behavior.  This is a sad day for Americans, as they will be taxed to pay for benefits they may not need or want as part of the insurance they are forced to buy. With this decision, Congress has been granted infinite taxation power, and there are no longer any limits on what the federal government can tax its citizens to do.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will hit the middle class especially hard, as hundreds of thousands of jobs will be lost as businesses try to avoid the penalties and costs created by the healthcare law. The healthcare law will cost trillions of dollars, raise costs for employers and create huge incentives for them to drop health insurance.

Benjamin Franklin did indeed state, ‘In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.’ However, Dr. Franklin never envisioned the federal government would use its power of taxation to punish people for not purchasing health care.  Today, individual sovereignty in America has been defeated.”

And here are Florida Republican and possible Veep-contender Sen. Marco Rubio‘s thoughts:

“What’s important to remember is that what the Court rules on is whether something is constitutional or not, not whether it’s a good idea. And while the Court has said that the law is constitutional, it remains a bad idea for our economy, and I hope that in the fall we will have a majority here that will not just repeal this law, but replace it with real solutions that will insure more people and cost a lot less money.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, on the other hand, was somewhat more gleeful about the Supreme Court’s ruling:

Huh. I don’t happen to see it that way.

Chins up, friends — we can still do this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ll believe it when you do it, John. Not one second before.

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Im ready to fight

Let’s ROLL!

cmsinaz on June 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

AND we need a Constitutional Amendment that states explicitly that neither the commerce clause NOR the taxation authority can be used to MANDATE the compulsory purchase of any product or service.

Pandora’s Box needs to be CLOSED.

wildcat72 on June 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

From Bench Memos:

Today’s holding is problematic for many reasons. First, it is a novel holding that threatens to expand the taxing power extensively. It removes the taxing power from the representative branches and places it in the only non-accountable branch, the judiciary. Defenders of the law — from President Obama to Nancy Pelosi to Harry Reid — all insisted that the law they voted for was not a tax. Now, when it is off their desk, the court has retroactively declared it a tax, circumventing the public accountability intended by the Founders and recognized by constitutional law as the major check on the taxing power.

This changes the lay of the land for the July 9 repeal vote that is now scheduled in the House. In order to vote in favor of the law, Democrats will now have to vote in favor of a tax. It will be interesting to see how they spin this development.

INC on June 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Gingotts – Amen on your sentiment.

When I actually see Boehner do it, he has my support and gratitude.

Until then, he’s just another shill.

PrincetonAl on June 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Orange Face has never been serious about repealing the ACA. If so, he would have been doing more and talking about it more than he has – which is hardly at all.

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

wildcat72 on June 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I agree.

INC on June 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Lsm 5-4 against obamacare tragedy 5-4 gor obamacare no worries its all good

cmsinaz on June 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

It will not be overturned in the legislature because the industries involved are so huge and so ensconced in DC that just enough politicians can be bought at the last moment.

The only win was for the libertarian movement. It will never be a majority, but it will grow.

keep the change on June 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

With this ruling, the Democrats got Obamacare on the ballot. Not what they wanted. The House is going to vote to repeal this bill in entirety after the July 4th recess, so says Eric Cantor. Then it’s off to the Senate. How many Dems will vote FOR Obamacare again? Currently, Democrats are expected to have 23 seats up for election, including 2 independents who caucus with the Democrats, while Republicans are expected to have only 10 seats up for election. Again, how many of those 23 Democrats will vote for Obamacare again? Unless Reid can hold off a vote till after the elections (oh brother, he probably will), I think Obama will be handed a repeal bill he will have to veto. During an election year.

RasThavas on June 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Well, we may not win as many seats in the House as last time since that’s likely mathematically impossible. But we’ll retake the Senate almost certainly win the White House. There won’t be any suffering from an enthusiasm gap on the right, that’s for damn sure.

Doughboy on June 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Boehner needs to be repealed, too.

Revoked.

Dismissed.

Replaced.

Voted out.

Kicked out of town on a rail.

Liam on June 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM

when is “My People” Holder going to get his a$$ handed to him?

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

John Boehner, you are part of the reason we are here. You spineless traitor.

texanpride on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

GOP – THE SELF-LICKING ICE CREAM CONE …

Elect Republicans so they can REPEAL the Health Care laws their own SCOTUS appointees ratify!!

LOL.

Sorry – I’m not a buyer!

HondaV65 on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

While of course a full repeal holds no hope in the Senate at the moment

Then why hold the vote at all, other than to say on the campaign trail that they “tried real hard to repeal it…see?”.

Fact is, the GOP leadership has no intention of repealing ObamaCare, nor is Romney being truthful about “repealing it on day one”. He knows the bill will never reach his desk so he can never be accused of not making good on his promise.

Kabuki theatre does not begin to describe the script being played out against the liberty of US citizens.

I suggest that very soon US citizens will be the first “UN citizens”.

BobMbx on June 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

GOP governors vow to ignore Obamacare

Let’s roll!

JPeterman on June 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Soon, I hope.

kingsjester on June 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

when is “My People” Holder going to get his a$$ handed to him?

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Never. That’s another WIN for Obama courtesy of the GOP!!

LMFAO.

Are you Conservative Slaves really gonna do this and vote for Romney and the establishment now?

Fools.

HondaV65 on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Have there ever been a better time for Romney to announce JINDAL as his VP with the promise that this expert on administrating a successful Health Care policy is going to do the same for the country?
If there was ever an obvious reason to pick Jindal, this ruling is it. Health Care is going to be second only to the economy in issues this election is decided upon. Do the right thing Romney and pick JINDAL!

AmeriCuda on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Same here. I was stupefied. That’s definitely the best word to describe my reaction.

For such a long time I have felt like a stranger in a strange land.

Somehow, some way, I will find the resources and time to do everything I can to ensure a Republican win in Nov.

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

RasThavas on June 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

He’s already held it off before. Didn’t the GOP House members vote to repeal Obamacare last year? So why couldn’t he do it again?

The good news is however that the House Republicans can at least get the House Dems on the record as to whether or not they support Obamacare. Unless of course they all abstain from voting(like their leader).

Doughboy on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

o/t: I feel bad for Rush. He is trying his best to put a happy face on this and spin the positives but I can tell he’s just going through the motions. He knows we just ghad an aircraft carrier dropped on our heads and he can’t deny it, try as he might.

Kataklysmic on June 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I’ll believe it when you do it, John. Not one second before.

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

He won’t make you a believer, believe me.

rickv404 on June 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

And you know, now that I’m really thinking about it, despite the Supreme Court’s ruling that the individual mandate can basically work within the confines of the Constitution…

Maybe I’m just not understanding it or picking nits, or both, but I believe this to be wholly incorrect.

They ruled that the mandate is not constitutional and that it had to be a tax. This is an important distinction, in my opinion and one that needs to be repeated, and repeated, and repeated. President Obama just had his “read my lips” moment thrown back in his face.

He promised not to raise taxes on the middle class and poor, no Democrat in Congress would vote to pass Obamacare on the basis that this would raise taxes or be a tax, he said repeatedly that this wasn’t a new tax and yet… according to the Supreme Court, if you want Obamacare you can keep Obamacare, on the notion that is a tax.

This is huge, in my opinion. Indeed, we lost a battle today, but in defeat, we have gained a new foothold. If this were chess, Obama is happy today because we had to sacrifice our queen to get his rooks, knights, and bishops. Indeed, we are stacked.

Throw this in their faces from now until Nov. 6th. Two words: LAND SLIDE.

Fish on June 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Never underestimate the ability of republicans to blow it especially boehner and mcconnell. I am praying that Romney Isnt what Im worried he is and can rise to the occasion and lead this country in the right direction

ldbgcoleman on June 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

RasThavas on June 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

What are the odds of Obama signing the repeal bill into law?

You’re suggesting that the GOP is pulling some sort of political ju-jit-su here. First, such a move only benefits the GOP (not you or I), second, its being planned by Boehner and McConnell.

Doomed in the concept phase.

BobMbx on June 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Obama won again with thuggery, I think Roberts was threatened. There is nothing in Roberts’ past that could account for his vote to uphold ObamaCare.

Axion on June 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

WTF is wrong with you these days Honda?

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The GOP will betray you….

idesign on June 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

So now we have guaranteed issue, and the tax penalty for not carrying health insurance is what, $750 a year?

I currently pay thousands of dollars a year in premiums for an individual policy. It would be a whole lot cheaper for me to drop my policy and just pay the penalty. If I get sick, or need an expensive procedure (colonoscopies are “free” under Obamacare), I just sign up for a new policy and pay the premiums for a month or so, get whatever health care I need, and then drop the policy and go back to paying the penalty unless/until I get sick or need another expensive procedure, in which case I sign up for insurance again.

There are going to be a whole lot of people crunching the numbers and realizing that they can scam this system.

AZCoyote on June 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

when is “My People” Holder going to get his a$$ handed to him?

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

The vote was supposed to be at 1:30, but they are still talking. It’s about over, they each only have one speaker left.

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Hey Erika, forget that tweet for Pelozilla!

Concentrate instead on the one from the DNC Executive Director that is all over the web right now:

“IT’S CONSTITUTIONAL, B**TCHES!”

If that is not a call to arms to repeal this crummy law, I don’t know what is!

pilamaye on June 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

RasThavas on June 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Did you see the quote I had from Bench Memos on that July 9th vote?

INC on June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I have more confidence in Pelosi doing what she says.

AshleyTKing on June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

What? John “Crybaby” Boehner didn’t break out in tears? Hey John, here’s an idea.

SWalker on June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

So the takeaway here is what….ObamaCare is the law of the land and Obama is a liar.

I feel better already.

BobMbx on June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

John Boehner, you are part of the reason we are here. You spineless traitor.

texanpride on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

What exactly did Boehner do that put us here?

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hey Boehner: you do remember that you voted for this in the first place, right?

jedijson on June 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I’m completely worn out from the so called Republicans in Congress,

The Governors have the Ba*lls.

ToddPA on June 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

My mind is still boggled by how Roberts has just totally messed up this country. The founding fathers and anyone who signed the Declaration of Independence with its protest of taxes must be spinning in their graves.

While a House vote on repeal of Obamascare is not likely to get it repealed, it will get the Dooms on record as to whether or not they support this multi-trillion-$$ USA and economy-killing tax increase. And we need to get the Senate Dooms on record as well.

stukinIL4now on June 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

HondaV65 on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I’m open to suggestions. What do you advise?

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hey Boehner: you do remember that you voted for this in the first place, right?

jedijson on June 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

He did? When was that?

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The GOP will betray you….

idesign on June 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Yup, in sooooo many ways!

ToddPA on June 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM

KJ buddy, any words of wisdom for us….

cmsinaz on June 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

AZCoyote on June 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Indeed. In fact it is in a way our duty to scam the system, and anybody who doesn’t want the insurance and is only considering it because of the manda-tax, will certainly go for the cheaper penalty instead.

Which is why the penalty will be increased for the sake of making this nightmare workable. We are one Democrat controlled Congress from this $750 penalty becoming $7,500. Not to mention taxes on Republicans, unhealthy eaters, straight married couples, gun owners, owners of non-Government-motors vehicles, those who still use cash rather than the more easily manipulated electronic currency… See, the Supreme Court just gave government the unlimited power of taxation…

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

@Erika

I think you are sadly mistaken.

This is the very thing that Obama wants.
This is just another stepping stone on the way to single payer system.

This law is not going away, and I am not holding out hope that Mitt (if elected) and a Republican controlled Congress will actually repeal this.

MityMaxx on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Boehner is a blow-hard. All blah-blah-blah then he gives it all away to the other side.

albill on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Boehner is part of the problem in Washington, not the solution. This is the same liar who promised the tea party he’d cut $100 billion the first year and then went on Rush’s show after the election and said he never had any intention of really cutting spending, that in fact it’s going to increase, and that’s just the way it is and the way it should be.

If you’re like me and oppose Obamacare, oppose the balloon of corruption in Washington, NY and Chicago, vote against the father and grandfather of Obamacare, Obama/Romney, vote for Gary Johnson instead. He has always been a consistent defender of freedom and liberty and is a proven reformer.

His political resume is the strongest of all three candidates running for office. If you want America to be prosperous again, he’s the only choice.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Modern day plantation

Roberts helped Obama to enslave people, for the irony of all ironies.

Schadenfreude on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

That’s all this is

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

You know, one thing Obama is always talking about is how people are cynical about government and don’t trust it. But it’s exactly crap like his “hide the ball” strategy that undermines people’s trust in government.

When you tell the American people it’s not a tax. You don’t present it to Congress as a tax. Many representatives might have balked at passing a tax increase. The people never got a chance to have their voice heard about raising taxes. Then, you go in front of the supreme court and argue that it’s a tax.

This is the exact kind of thing that makes people cynical about government. Obama hid the ball so we never had the chance for an honest debate.

JohnInCA on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Fools.

HondaV65 on June 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Ed we’re not in the mood to put up with koskids today. Can you get some joy in picking off nits for us? There’s plenty more where this one comes from.

DanMan on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I don’t see us doing anything with Boehner and McConnell in the congress………. they are compromisers.

ultracon on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Okay, now CSPAN is saying procedural votes are next, the vote on contempt is later today.

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

The Affordable Care Act polls poorly because it is very misunderstood. And it is misunderstood for four reasons:
1) It’s complex. Americans don’t do well with complex.
2) Poor messaging by its supporters
3) Complete ball-drop by the mainstream media in explaining it
4) Extremely successful lies and demagoguery from the right.

For the ACA to be the albatross around the President that the right wants it to be, all four of those conditions must remain in place through November. That’s a shaky proposition at best, but I guess we’ll see.

Drew Lowell on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

KJ buddy, any words of wisdom for us….

cmsinaz on June 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

When you come to the end of your rope…tie a knot in it and hold on…until November 6th.

Oh…And it’s hard to forget a girl when you buy her a gift on payments. – Flip Wilson

kingsjester on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Obamacare is here to say. And Obama will be re-elected. It’s over. We lost. The last protection we had against unconstitutional overreaches by liberals is gone.

Aodhan on June 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Bohner should come up a clean bill that just repeals the Individual Mandate Tax, and force Democrats to kill it. They’d be on record as voting for a middle-class tax increase just before an election.

Socratease on June 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM | Delete

You’re as delusional as the leftists who today thank God for the SC. If it would have gone 5:4 against them they’d have called them Nazzis.

Schadenfreude on June 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

See, the Supreme Court just gave government the unlimited power of taxation…

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

And don’t kid yourself if you think the GOP miscreants haven’t noticed that and are that this very moment planning on exploiting it.

Chicken One: “So who’s watching the hen house?”

Chicken Two: “Oh, it’ll either be the gray fox or the brown fox.”

Chicken One: “Good. As long as somebody is watching out for us”

BobMbx on June 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Typical of Tyrone West. Someone needs to tell him kid n play is so 1980.

Uppereastside on June 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

John, it’s time to grow a backbone and play to get bloody. If not, it’s time for you to turn the reins over to someone who will.

dominigan on June 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Getting a vote in the House and forcing Democrats to go on record supporting this massive tax increase is a good start. Is there ANY way we can get it past Harry Reid and bring it to a floor vote in the Senate, too?

Shadow on June 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

There’s plenty to be mad at Boehner about, but O-Care isn’t one of them. I keep seeing references to it being his fault that it passed, and that he voted for it. I don’t remember any of that. In fact, didn’t the House hold a full repeal vote last year? Of course, it didn’t go anywhere because of the Senate. But how’s that Boehner’s fault?

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Gingotts on June 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

It’s already in the bill to raise the penalty after the first two years.

CurtZHP on June 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM

A lot of talk, but can/will the Republicans really do anything?

All too often the Republicans are complicit in the Democrats’ foolishness and impotent on the rare occasions that they try to make something happen.

RJL on June 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Im ready to fight

Let’s ROLL!

cmsinaz on June 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

…but is Johnny Backdown ready to ROLL?

KOOLAID2 on June 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Night Owl:If I hear one more WITCH HUNT!:)
==========================================

canopfor on June 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I’m not going to vent and give liberal trolls the satisfaction.

Instead, I’ll say this: this ruling will NOT stand. Obamacare will be defunded and dismantled, piece by piece if need be. This is war. Dems should celebrate now because Obama’s days in office are numbered. And so is this law’s.

DRayRaven on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Breaking: House just approved by voice vote first of 3 votes that will lead to holding Holder in contempt of Congress. Recording of individual votes now taking place for next 15 minutes.

Members of Black, Hispanic, and Asian-American Caucuses expected to walk out before the final vote.

de rigueur on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It will never be repealed! Never!
I’ve already gotten e-mails from my insurance company and accountant on how we’re going to comply and put it into effect, what changes we need to do.
Game’s over man.

Romney best stick to the economy.

Marcus on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Drew Lowell on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Translation:
1) Americans are stupid because they don’t think 0bama is awesome.
2) 0bama’s supporters haven’t convinced us he’s awesome.
3) The MSM haven’t convinced us he’s as awesome as they think he is.
4) The right doesn’t think he’s awesome.

Go away, leftist bigot. And what’s with this “Affordable Care Act” crap? It’s 0bamacare. If he’s so dreamy, why not attach his name to it?

CurtZHP on June 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM

1) It’s complex. Americans don’t do well with complex.
2) Poor messaging by its supporters
3) Complete ball-drop by the mainstream media in explaining it
4) Extremely successful lies and demagoguery from the right.

Drew Lowell on June 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Which side was it again that said over and over again that the Individual Mandate was NOT a tax? The Left had VERY good messaging on that particular point. That’s the most successful lie told in the entire debate over the bill.

The rest of what you call “lies” were opinions and predictions you don’t agree with, but which do agree with the world’s experience with every other socialized medicine program ever established.

Socratease on June 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I think Flora Duh and canopfor have been posting the link (and thanks to both) to the House debate that will lead to the final vote. Meanwhile, C-span is running Romney’s reaction to SCOTUS decision while the first House vote is being recorded.

de rigueur on June 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

inthemiddle on June 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Boehner’s complexion is naturally that way. Unlike Pelosi’s death mask, whic is Botox-induced.

Wethal on June 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

A few of the patient “rights” under the lunatic-left d-cRAT socialist healthcare nationalization, rationing, taxation and abortion atrocity:

1. you have a “right” to be taxed to death if you don’t pay for government-run obozocare
2. you have a “right” to be put into prison if you don’t pay the IRS penalty for not getting obozocare
3. you have a “right” to go without medical care when ALL doctors refuse to take any new patients under obozocare.
4. you have a “right” to pay for your obozocare out of your own pocket when your employer cancels your healthcare.
5. you have a “right” to die when the obozocare death panel refuses your treatment

Be afraid – be very afraid – of d-cRAT socialist healthcare.

TeaPartyNation on June 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

The REAL losers are the middle class individuals and familiars who can’t afford to pay $4000-$10000 per year for obozocare-mandated health insurance and who WILL NOT get a penny of government subsidy. Of course, they can just let the IRS fine them with the OBOZOCARE TAX of from $750 – $3800 each year; that way, they’ll go bankrupt just a little more slowly.

TeaPartyNation on June 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

It will happen as soon as he stops inside trading…

the_nile on June 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

1:43 pm ET June 28, 2012

VIDEO: John Boehner Responds to SCOTUS Ruling, ‘Republicans Will Work With a President Who Will Listen to the People’

Just moments ago, Speaker of the House John Boehner reacted to today’s ruling by the Supreme Court in which they upheld most of the president’s Affordable Care Act.

“The president’s health care law is hurting our economy … and making it harder for small businesses to hire new workers,” he said. “Today’s ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety.”

Boehner went on to say that Americans want a common sense, step-by-step approach to reform … that they’d gladly work with a commander in chief who wants the same.

“Republicans stand ready to work with a president who will listen to the American people and not repeat the mistakes that gave our country this harmful law.”

Full statement follows:

canopfor on June 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

de rigueur on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Putting race before law everytime.

Bitter Clinger on June 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

President Obama just had his “read my lips” moment thrown back in his face.

Fish on June 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I sincerely hope you’re right about the landslide, but I have my doubts.

A lot fewer people actually pay taxes these days, and those that don’t pay taxes just don’t seem to care about increased taxes or the national debt. They’ve bought into other people paying for their entitlements.

As long as someone else is paying the freight, I think most of our fellow citizens don’t give a damn whether President Obama broke a promise or not.

MessesWithTexas on June 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

It will never be repealed! Never!
Game’s over man.

Romney best stick to the economy.

Marcus on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Agree. And the House voting to repeal in its’ entirety will alienate millions of voters who do benefit from some of the “good” parts like pre-existing conditions. A full repeal vote will only give ammo to the progs to show how evil the Republicans are.

oceansidecon on June 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I think it’s time that only those that are not millionaires be allowed to server in congress. The ones there are so far out of touch as to be sadly funny, Ms. Pelosi being the prime example.

sadatoni on June 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

They got to Roberts somehow. Maybe they insinuated they’d do a Breitbart on him or someone in his family.

birdhurd on June 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

LOL if anybody believes Boehner really wants to repeal.

bgibbs1000 on June 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

If we can’t get this sucker disappeared, we need to mandate that every American citizen must buy a gun. If you don’t, you’ll pay a $700 tax every year until you do so.

What? It’s a tax. It’s all cool.

Dack Thrombosis on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

in the meantime maybe that orange idiot can defund Obamacare.

bannor on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

This has come to mind today:

Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry – March 23, 1775

November 6, 2012 – The day we take OUR country back.

kingsjester on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hey John, how about an amendment clarifying the meaning of the commerce clause? No? How about one banning individual mandates?

Odysseus on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Clean the House! Seize the Senate! NObama 2012!

Obamacare must be repealed!

Let’s start with the Senate.

Here is a link to the list of Senators who voted in favor of Obamacare on December 24, 2009:

Of the Senators who voted to inflict Obamacare upon us, the following Senators are running for re-election in November:

Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
Bill Nelson (D-FL)
Bernard Sanders (I-VT)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
Jon Tester (D-MT)
Jim Webb (D-VA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)

In addition, Joe Manchin (D-WV) is up for re-election but he was not in the Senate at the time of the Obamacare vote.

If you see one of your Senators on this list, let us know who is running against them and provide a link to the opponents campaign website.

Every Senator who voted in favor of Obamacare needs to be voted OUT OF OFFICE in November!

Let’s Roll!

wren on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

And the pigs in Congress, the Oval Office and the Supreme Court are laughing out loud, saying:

what control we have over these pissants called “The People.”

They aren’t “The People” – they are “The Pissants,” and we own them, now.

This is exactly what they are thinking.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Aodhan on June 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Oh for the love of Pete, stop. Are you really so easily beaten down? This is NOT over. The suspense is over, we know what we have to fight, and you give up today? Really?

Night Owl on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

John Boehner & Mitch McConnell will never have careers as motivational speakers. Where is the inspiration going to come from for the republican party?

Not Sarah Palin she is persona non grata, the old boys club want nothing to do with her.

So who is going to gin up the vote for people to vote republican?

Dr Evil on June 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

when is “My People” Holder going to get his a$$ handed to him?

ted c on June 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

..I think 1700 EDT. And betcha that the SCOTUS decision puts a couple more Dems over the top in canning his asss so they can appear to be more “respectable” to their constituents.

NOVEMBER 6TH: OUR TURN!

The War Planner on June 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM

de rigueur on June 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

They can keep on walking and never return. Racists.

Cody1991 on June 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM