Beck on the ObamaCare ruling: I sure am tired of prominent Republicans selling out conservatives

posted at 9:21 pm on June 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

A sentiment widely shared today, no doubt. Over at Ace’s place, DrewM issues a warning:

Dear GOP,

This is your last chance. If you blow this, I’m out and you need to be destroyed.

What is it? Repeal ObamaCare on Day 1. Don’t worry about replace, don’t worry about anything else…

[A]s soon as Mitt takes the oath of office, before his speech no one will care or remember, walk the bill up to him at the podium to sign.

If this does not happen, the GOP must be destroyed and a new party built to replace it. We’ve tried the carrot approach (votes, money, volunteers) to change your behavior. Now it’s time to show you the stick.

David Frum counters: If you think the GOP’s going to repeal ObamaCare now, you’re kidding yourselves.

[E]ven if Republicans do win the White House and Senate in 2012, how much appetite will they then have for that 1-page repeal bill? Suddenly it will be their town halls filled with outraged senior citizens whose benefits are threatened; their incumbencies that will be threatened. Already we are hearing that some Republicans wish to retain the more popular elements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Which means the proposed 1-page bill will begin to grow…

Republicans will find the task of writing their “replace” law even more agonizing than the Democrats found original passage. The party has no internal consensus on what a replacement would look like. Worse, any replacement of the law’s popular elements will require financing. But where is that money to come from? New taxes are unacceptable. The proceeds of “closing loopholes” are already spoken for—that’s how President Romney has promised to finance his promise to cut the top rate of tax 28%. And he’s also promised to increase defense spending…

[T]he clock is ticking. President Obama passed the ACA in the second year of his administration. A President Romney will have to pass repeal in the first year of his, because the law goes into effect in 2014. By then, states will have to have their exchanges up and working.

That’s all fine, but Drew’s captured the mood of the base well in his post, I think. If the GOP ends up with the numbers to repeal O-Care, it’d be a catastrophic, possibly politically fatal betrayal at this point for them not to follow through. The fact that it was Roberts who swung to the left in today’s decision rather than the mercurial Kennedy only compounds conservatives’ trauma: At this point, a la Beck, it really does feel like there’s no one in a position of power who can be trusted. The last Republican president ran up big deficits and expanded health-care entitlements; the Republican chief justice he appointed just voted to uphold ObamaCare; and the current Republican nominee pioneered the concept of health-care mandates in Massachusetts. If a Republican-controlled Congress rubber-stamps Obama’s health-care leviathan by refusing to act on it, I don’t know what happens to turnout in 2014 and 2016. Good news for the No Labels crowd, I guess — that’ll be the closest America’s come yet to seeing a true third party develop. Democrats on the left, conservatives on the right, and the no-labels rump of the GOP smack dab in the center. They might as well take their chances with angry seniors at those townhalls; you might win them back eventually, but you won’t win back righties who’ve suffered one too many sellouts.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Glenn Beck has hands on the pulse of what is happening.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Really? What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Fixing it is the easy part. One massive bill to repeal all this big government nonsense can be passed and be signed into law in one day. It’s the recovery from the fix that will take time.

bgibbs1000 on June 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

…okay…I suppose if you go by that definition…and if we had more luck than a field full of four-leaf clovers…that just possibly MIGHT be the case.

I withdraw my previous opinion, albeit very reluctantly.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I agree with DrewM’s articulation of the situation.

GaltBlvnAtty on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

He got rid of Van Jones… for a while. And the puppet shows were cool.

faraway on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

bgibbs1000 on June 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It is really a shame that you never saw ‘Schoolhouse Rock’, but that’s a problem with all of you short fused, hot headed whippersnappers.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

How about a bet? Loser agrees never to post on Hotair again.

LevinFan on June 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

/middle finger

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The best candidate in the race, based on his actual record in office, is Gary Johnson. He was far more successful that Romney and was so popular he won a second term, unlike Romney. And when Gary Johnson says he’s going to repeal/reform something, he has the record to prove that he means it, whereas with Romney all you have is a bunch of propaganda and lies.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I appreciate the fact that you like this guy..but can he even get on the ballot in most states?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

How about a bet? Loser agrees never to post on Hotair again.

LevinFan on June 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I couldn’t care less if you continue to post your stupid comments here or not.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Other than a make a lot of money running down everyone else..what has Beck actually accomplished?
Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

First you rag on Palin, then you rag on Beck.

And we should take you seriously…why?

Cleombrotus on June 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I agree with DrewM’s articulation of the situation.

GaltBlvnAtty on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

What, you’re going to give the GOP one last and final chance, but this time you really, really mean it, unlike all the other last chances?

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Sorry, lil fella, but I don’t think I’d want to join some ‘party’ that calls me “sheep” and “sheeple” and “squish”….unless I join them and do as they say.

btw, What happens if I donate to Gary Whatsis? Do I magically turn from a “sheep” to a……what?

You might want to work on those people skilz if you want converts.

Solaratov on June 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

He got rid of Van Jones… for a while. And the puppet shows were cool.

faraway on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I enjoyed the rabbit and chainsaw and the boiling frog.
Terrye just wants to be Karl Rove and have us all swallow her kool aid.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

go..don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

There’s a saying that a political leader has to always be looking behind him to see if the boys are following. The day he looks behind him and they aren’t, he’s no longer a political leader.

Way to build a crowd, Sparky.

trigon on June 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

For all the gnashing of teeth by Glenn & Drew about repealing Ocare/Otax after the upcoming election that assumes we will win the necessary offices to make that happen. I picked this up in the comments over at powerline…

On all the rightish blogs/site I keep coming across this idea that this fight will now have to be won in the political sphere, namely-through the 2012 election cycle. I think this really just foolish wishful thinking.

Obama subverted the laws of this land gratuitously and without any decernable repercussions. Unilaterally abrogating duly ratified by congress treaties with Poland and Czchland (Missle Defense), reversed the order of creditors in bankruptcy law supplanting preferred shareholders with his UAW cronies, rewritten immigration law by fiat to broaden his non citizen/illegal voter pool, etc, etc…

Given this track record and the fact that Holder has put in charge of of Hiring & Personnel at the Voting Rights Section of the DOJ a former Project Vote/ACORN member, what makes anyone so delusional as to think all of a sudden team Obama will miraculously decide to honor only election law? Do you not remember the New Black Panthers in Philly in ’08? The voter fraud and ballot stuffing with Holder and his PV/ACORN flunky in charge of election integrity Romney will need a landslide even greater than Reagan ’80 to even keep it close! And that just ain’t going to happen folks.

I’m telling ya, the Narcissist in Chief ain’t going anywhere people, remember the bit about relaying to Putin ‘HIS last election”? He didn’t mean he is only going to serve 8yrs, he meant 2012 will be the last election, why else do think we saw rampant efforts to indoctrinate grade-schoolers in our unionized schools and books like “My New Bicycle & the 360 ways Obama loves me”? John Adams stated that “liberty once lost, is lost forever”, we lost it in 2008.

A pretty valid point if you ask me, just why do we assume that the DOJ will prevent, or prosecute, voter fraud? By the looks of it, with Holder being able to dismiss any charges (NBPP) and Obama’s Project Vote pal in charge of election integrity, just how exactly is Romney supposed to win?

Archimedes on June 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

He got rid of Van Jones… for a while. And the puppet shows were cool.

faraway on June 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

That is true, but if we just sit out the next election and give up…chances are Van will be back. Why not?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Your Beckhate is noted.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

ObamaCare has to be destroyed.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Then don’t vote for the people responsible for it, vote for the one guy in the race that isn’t.

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

You’re obtuse.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM
…it IS getting tiring!

KOOLAID2 on June 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Glenn Beck has hands on the pulse of what is happening.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Really? What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Keep making friends and influencing people, Colin Powell.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Stuff a sock in it dude.

JPeterman on June 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

… and then sit back and enjoy the second Obama inauguration ceremony?

I think I’ll pass on that, thanks. Gads, don’t you get the fact that when you’ve got the absolute worst President ever, that even a few degrees to the right of that is better? What don’t you get about this, Gary Johnson will not win. Not now, not ever. It ain’t gonna happen as much as you might wishcast that it will. You want any chance of repealing Obamatax? You’ve got to get Obama out of the White House. … and Gary Johnson isn’t going to do that.

AZfederalist on June 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

You’re both still unable to explain to me why I should rush out and vote for Romney and progressives. I want a conservative. I can’t trust you on that score any more than I can trust Obama. Possibly less. Obama doesn’t claim to be conservative.

I don’t think you understand your position. A lot of conservatives don’t trust you party guys. A lot of them are threatening to leave. Some of us already have. And, I’m still getting some of that insulting stuff from you. I told you that wouldn’t work.

BTW, there’s no way I’d ever let you hold my hand.

trigon on June 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I don’t think you understand my position. I don’t give a damn what you want, dude. Don’t like the choices, stay home. Rock in the corner and cry about the lack of a “conservative”. Sounds like you’ll have company for your pity party. Do so, though, in the knowledge that the Obama campaign is popping champagne corks at the very prospect, and that you’ll have a hand in whatever the next four years brings. It’s really that simple.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

And btw, you yourself along with Glenn Beck are doing nothing to change anything yourself. You can blame others, preach, rail…but it comes down to you getting mad and giving up.

And Beck is just a showman who makes money flapping his gums…he has not done one single thing to stop any of this either.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

This is why I dislike the comment section with the influx of Big Government Republicans. First they yell at people like Beck for daring to criticize the party for becoming bloated, and then after a few years of blocking Small Government ideas, it’s like “Oh well what have they done? huh?”

What have they done? They’ve been waving the Warning flags for years! That’s what! But you keep ignoring them, because dang it, they criticized The Party, and apparently, we’re not allowed to do that. So now that you’ve blocked out their ideas’ you now come back and say “Oh well what have they done?”

What have you listened to from them? Nothing! Because you just sit there and go “Oh well as long as they have an R by their name, things will be ok!”

No it won’t! That’s the same thinking that the DNC ingrains in their voters. “You should vote for us because we’re awesome, and the other party is going to eat your pet dog or something”. That’s not great for America, that’s great for a Sports field maybe, but not for a nation!. We can not afford to play this stupid “Sports team Politics”. We can not be a party of “Well vote for him because he’s wearing our jersey and team name!” It’s stupid, and irresponsible. I don’t agree with it on the Democrat side, nor with it on the Republican side.

Razgriez on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I can remember hearing Glenn Beck say we were better off with Obama than McCain…that was when I stopped listening to him.
Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

dumb as ever. And out of context. Beck was using the frog in boiling water analogy in that Oboobi was good for us in that we got scalded and jumped out of reflex, where McVain would be akin to “gee, kinda warm here, think I’ll take a nap ” only to wake when it’s too late. But continue on your pseudo conservative trolling. Today is your day to make a Buck shilling for RINOs Inc.

AH_C on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

/middle finger

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Put it on an anvil, get a hammer, and swing.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Really? What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

So you also know only 1 verse to your particular favorite song.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I don’t give a damn what you want, dude. Don’t like the choices, stay home.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM

This is not helping.

Try being less of a jerk.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Way to build a crowd, Sparky.

trigon on June 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

My name is not Sparky..and all I am saying is that if you want to leave…go…do it..

As for following..who is following you?

If you do not like the people you see in the GOP, run someone you do like who can win…if your choice does not win then you can sit home and pout until everyone gives in and votes for whoever you say they should vote for. Is that what you want?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Was I disappointed this morning? Danged right? Was I depressed? No, more saddened and frustrated. What I was, am, and remain is mad. Angry at the evil statists who have deigned to take away our freedoms, one at a time and now in one large gulp. I want to see them defeated and run out of town. I want to see freedom restored and I want liberty restored. I know that there are at least 28 states who feel the same way.

AZfederalist on June 28, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I don’t know that I agree with you on Obamacare in itself, but in the big picture you have my complete agreement. My concern is that the one failing of free markets is that some people aren’t going to earn enough to get good health care. Please note that the last sentence isn’t arguable. It’s just the way things are. I would love for charity to fix this problem. While working towards charity addressing this problem, I’m alright with government addressing this through health insurance vouchers.

thuja on June 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

So you also know only 1 verse to your particular favorite song.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Beck is just not my cup of tea. That is all.I think he is self serving and hysterical.

If you like the man..fine. But that does not mean I have to.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Eisenhower appointed Earl Warren..another RINO I suppose.

bluesdoc70 on June 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

We will be lucky to knock Bonehead out as Speaker.

Steveangell on June 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I found it interesting that it was Cantor who called for the July 11th vote, not Boehner. One can hope… Not that I am too thrilled with Cantor as Speaker…

riddick on June 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

This is not helping.

Try being less of a jerk.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I wasn’t trying to help…I think I’ve been clear on that. If at this point anyone needs convincing to vote against Obama, then there’s not much anyone can do for them.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I wasn’t trying to help…I think I’ve been clear on that.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Then what the f**k are you doing?

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

AH_C on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

And today is your day to help Obama win a second term.

I know what Beck was saying, I just do not agree with him.

On one hand I am being told that all is lost because of this decision on Obamacare and on the other I am being told that when Beck said we were better off with Obama than McCain he actually meant something else.

So…. maybe Beck should get off his butt and put down the microphone and actually run for office himself instead of just ragging on everyone else.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Congratulations, you actually made me LOL.

Yes, that’s the ticket, a hysterical doofus running for office with no time to form a plan besides “Obama is teh stoopid” or come up with a voting base besides the handful of people who listen to him for something besides comic relief.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Frum is the stupidest commentator in America. If the GOP has the White House and Senate…they’ll repeal this POS.

Jaibones on June 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

AH_C on June 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

And today is your day to help Obama win a second term.

I know what Beck was saying, I just do not agree with him.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Why don’t you, Jeb. You have all the establishment hack talking points down.

Beck is doing more than you. So is Rush, more for the party and for intelligence than you.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Congratulations, you actually made me LOL.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Yeah well..he would lose and then his fan club would find a way to blame it on the Rinos and the GOP etc.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Then what the f**k are you doing?

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Responding to their f**king post. I don’t need you to tell me how to do that.

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Then shut up and get off this site. This is a site for passionate conservatives, not for mealymouthed losers who give up the minute we lose a single battle. You think you feel any worse than Lefties did after Walker beat them? This isn’t a sprint. It’s an endurance race. The war goes on, and will always goes on. The minute we give up, we are slaves.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Well said.

The fight will never end. There will always be those who want to end Freedom…….and they have to be stopped.

Solaratov on June 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Oh big fat whup, his hardcore fans would blame tornadoes and crop failures on liberals if they were any stupider.

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Why don’t you, Jeb. You have all the establishment hack talking points down.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Oh yeah…that is me establishment hack. I want to see Obama lose and so of course I am an establishment hack.

Beck and Rush speak to the choir. They do not change votes or make policy. If they want to do that, they can run for office.

They are pundits. That is all.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

How about a bet? Loser agrees never to post on Hotair again.

LevinFan on June 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

/middle finger

FloatingRock on June 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

LOL !!

Tells me all I need to know about your confidence in fruitcake Johnson actually winning.

Coward.

LevinFan on June 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Well, at least you’re self-aware.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

MelonCollie on June 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I do not listen to Beck, at least for the past couple of years, but let me ask you since you seem to be so informed and full of yourself:

If YOU establish a network tomorrow, your choice of radio/TV/both, how long do you think you’ll be able to stay open and how many viewers/listeners will YOU have?

Between the 2 of you jokers and Beck I am sure I KNOW who of the 3 knows HISTORY and has a better grasp of reality.

riddick on June 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Conservatives continue to bail the water out of the sinking republican boat while the rinos keep on swamping the boat. If Romney botches this I, for one, am ready to jump ship for a third party. I’m tired of democrat and democrat-lite.

Mojave Mark on June 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I think this angery seniors meme is over rated. The seniors I know have either always been Democrats, or have greater anger toward RINOs, having lived longer with RINOs, than those of you who write about us are.

burt on June 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Why don’t you, Jeb. You have all the establishment hack talking points down.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

They are pundits. That is all.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

And, you are an establishment hack. We all know it, Colin. It’s okay, Karl. I’ve been reading this site for a long time and I hear you. You love the rinos, the establishment, you hate anyone conservative. It’s okay, Jeb. But, the rest of us enjoy Beck and Rush, so shut up.

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Wow! Judging from the tone of the last page of posts, I’m not sure I want to bother going through pages 1-3 to see how we got here…

FinallyRight on June 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

burt on June 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

We’re talking FL here, there must be something in that water down there. As you pointed out, seniors that I know are conservative and hate HusseinCare as much as the rest of us. The rest will vote, did and do, for a slimy rick as long as there is (D) next to it.

riddick on June 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

This is not helping.

Try being less of a jerk.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

changer1701 on June 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM | Delete

Yep, if someone took the time to register on a Conservative website and still doesn’t get the stakes of this election…they’re either lost causes or liberal trolls trying to stir up trouble and depress enthusiam…F’ em either way imo.

Romney 2012!

jaygatz33 on June 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Eisenhower appointed Earl Warren..another RINO I suppose.

bluesdoc70 on June 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Warren worked with that other RINO Spectre in the magic bullet theory too right?

Conservative4ev on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

jaygatz33 on June 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I was a no vote on Romney. Now I’m a probably. That wasn’t accomplished through mockery and derision.

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

And today is your day to help Obama win a second term.

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Ah, there’s that Sports Team Politics fall back meme

“You’re just going to help Obama”

HOw? Because I won’t vote for the guy who has the record of a liberal, and is running on the enigma platform of “We don’t know what he’s for now, but hey, he’s wearing our team jersey, so what could possibly go wrong?”

Uh… lots. Sorry, I’ve been fooled by the GOP one time too many with spineless coward picks. I don’t change my views for the politicians. The Politicians have got to agree with MY VIEW to get MY VOTE. My opinions are not to be bartered, nor traded, nor ransomed. I’d rather be hated by my own political party because I refused to trade my views and my values. Better that, than to be a spineless coward who trades that which I hold sacred, for the sake of Sports team Politics. If I disagree with Liberals who are Democrats, I don’t suddenly agree with them, because they have an R by there name.

Razgriez on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

No dude. The rest of us voted for Romney in the primary, because we wanted him instead of the defective loons the Beck/Rush crowd loved.

I should mention the exception here. I would have been happy with Herman Cain being the GOP nominee. So would many have the “rinos”, but … I suppose Cain was defective without being a loon.

thuja on June 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

jaygatz33 on June 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No, because you know the score. You are aware of the stakes. Welcome to the dark side. Wanna cookie?

AllahsNippleHair on June 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Razgriez on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Useful idiots, they are called. Even 100 years later…

riddick on June 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Ah, there’s that Sports Team Politics fall back meme

“You’re just going to help Obama”

Bingo! Exactly! That’s why I’ll be writing in Ron Paul. Screw this liberal Romney. He’s the same as Obama. Today’s decision that was handed down on Obamacare was exactly what Romney stood for and still does stand for. It’s unbelievable to me that people are looking to him to save us all.

air_up_there on June 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Razgriez on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Indeed.

Romney is a Democrat.

He can call himself a Republican all day long if he wants. But only actions will ever make him a Republican. His actions are 100% a Democrat. He even went on TV and wrote Opt Eds trying to get Snow and other Republicans to vote for Obama Care.

There is no way he will ever undo Obama Care.

His ad is a joke. No law repealing Obama Care can show up on his desk and he knows this full well. That requires 60 Republicans at a minimum and that is simply impossible. Thus he is a LIAR.

Steveangell on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

AllahsNippleHair on June 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

thuja on June 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I would vote for a day old hot dog, lying in the sun, sticking out of a pile of lizard sh!t. It doesn’t mean I buy into Terrye’s squishiness.

AllahsNippleHair on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I think we are so close to bankruptcy that Romney being elected only makes a couple of year’s difference in when it happens — and as we have seen these establishment Pubbies will appoint guys like Roberts so you can’t really scare anyone with the Supreme Court anymore either.

I am going to check out Gary Johnson. I really don’t think there is any way to prevent the collapse so I want to at least have a clean conscience when it comes. All of the unprincipled squishes in the middle who foisted Romney upon us can get what they deserve. Next time around maybe they will nominate someone we can vote FOR and not just someone who looks better by comparison.

Voluble on June 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Indeed.

Romney is a Democrat.

There is no way he will ever undo Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

This a 1000 times this.

bgibbs1000 on June 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Beck is nothing but an establishment hack. The guy who says he’s tired of prominent Republicans selling out conservatives is the same guy who supported Santorum.

Dante on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

riddick on June 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

That most certainly isn’t Beck.

Dante on June 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

FinallyRight on June 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Take my word for it, if you can – you do not want to bother! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on June 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Frum is right. Anyone who trusts a DC GOP representative to do anything other than go slow in developing the unlimited imperial government is fooling themselves.

Power is never willingly relinquished. There is no counter-power to the careening growth of the federal government. It is either get on board or get out.

iconoclast on June 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

That most certainly isn’t Beck.

Dante on June 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Look at what happens to Republicans when they dare point out the truth about Romneys actions.

I oft times wonder what Beck knows about Romney he does oft times hint that Romney is a big problem. But if he does know he would also know Romney is a bigger problem than Obama. Romney would destroy the GOP and for now it is the best chance to get America back on track.

McCain would have been worse than Obama at least Domestically. He would have gotten Amnesty and Cap and Trade into law. Obama Care as well. Now he would not have fostered the Arab Spring.

But Romney would most likely have even done that and will continue all of this.

Do not take my word just research Romney. The facts speak clearly what he really is.

Steveangell on June 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Romney is not even suggesting he will cut spending any time soon he actually plans on increasing spending.

Steveangell on June 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Offer proof.

Thus far, all you’ve done is offer wild speculation and outright lies.

Sort of like a democRAT……….

Solaratov on June 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I have never trusted Beck, but him using this to promote his PAC is just icing on the cake.

amkun on June 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM

If the GOP has the White House and Senate…they’ll repeal this POS.

Jaibones on June 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

All historical evidence to the contrary, of course.

Seriously, you have no evidence-base upon which to make that claim. You do, however, have quite a long history of the GOP gaining power and doing f@#$-all to reverse the erosion of freedoms, reduce the size of government, etc.

And yet there you are, betting it all – quite literally, actually – that it’ll be different *this* time.

Midas on June 29, 2012 at 12:58 AM

BTW, there’s no way I’d ever let you hold my hand.

trigon on June 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I don’t trust them. I’m trying to not be anti-Romney because he’s the guy running against Obama (1+1=2). But Romney’s response to today’s events could change that. Romney will have to reiterate his pledge to get rid of Ocare on in interviews , at the debates and in his adds. If Team Romney is vague on this in the fall then I’m not bothering to vote for him.

BoxHead1 on June 29, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Roberts is a total scumbag. I hope he get’s cancer and has to appear in front of a government dealth panel to beg for treatment. That would be justice!

Dollayo on June 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I’m glad Romney likes to fire people, because he’s going to be firing a lot of useless bureaucrats on the first flippin day.

John the Libertarian on June 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM

That would be justice!

Dollayo on June 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Give it some time and thought. He’s no such thing. Read the dissenting opinion. It’ll shed some light.

John the Libertarian on June 29, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Right now I’d follow Palin to form a third party rather than stay with Romney and the backstabbing GOP.

dominigan

Luckily for the rest of us, Palin has enough sense to not do something that stupid.

He has a lot more name recognition that Romney did in ’08.

FloatingRock

And he has a lot less name recognition than Romney does in 2012. You lose again.

He is an unmitigated disaster. Most likely never was a Republican in any way.

Steveangell

Neither are you, so what’s your point?

FloatingRock

He is….he’s voting for Romney. The only guy in the race responsible for Obamacare is Obama. Anyone arguing otherwise is….well, a moron.

xblade on June 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Razgriez on June 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

What’s more sacred to you, your principles, or your family’s future? Without taking the only possible option to defeat Obaka, you’ll be left with neither.

PXCharon on June 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

xblade on June 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Never mud wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig enjoys it.

HTL on June 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Romney is the choice we’ve been given. Is it a turd sandwich? Quite possibly. But it’s a different turd sandwich than we are currently choking on. Third party and write in bs is not going to help. If it eases your conscience to write in your own turd sandwich candidate – by all means – it’s your right. But know that you are no more a part of any solution than if you stayed home. Own that. Our current resident of the White House is decidedly destructive. And he has momentum. He has had time to set his policies in motion and set the stage for the avalanche of crap to come. I do not believe that Romney is the be all and end all. I do, however, believe he is at least a different and unestablished problem. To me it’s a choice between a poison that I know with certainty is going to kill me painfully and a potion that I’m not sure my reaction to is going to be. I pick the potion – maybe it will buy me time to get my affairs in order before it snuffs me.

FinallyRight on June 29, 2012 at 2:52 AM

FinallyRight on June 29, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Congratulations on the win you and your candidate just received for the Federally imposed Romneycare. How happy you must be today. How happy you will be to vote for MORE liberalism tomorrow. Four More YEARS!!!

You own that.

DannoJyd on June 29, 2012 at 3:59 AM

IMHO, Beck misses the point.

Our problem isn’t the GOP elitists selling us out. The problem is how so-called Conservative voters sell us all out. When people go vote for
Romney it won’t create any real change. Indeed, it will be a reward for the architect of 0bamacare. How stupid is that!

America always gets the government it deserves. Always!

DannoJyd on June 29, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Good for you, Glenn. Go down swingin’. Many patriots are with you.

Long live freedom!!!

Grace_is_sufficient on June 29, 2012 at 5:40 AM

IMHO, Beck misses the point.

America always gets the government it deserves. Always!

DannoJyd on June 29, 2012 at 4:03 AM

What you are saying is that we shouldn’t vote at all because everyone running sucks. Well, most people already do this. Usually, fewer than 50% of registered voters bother to vote. Add in those non-voters who never even register to vote and you can easily see how most people don’t vote and that not voting doesn’t prevent terrible candidates from running. The truth is, not voting sucks too. Nope, I have to vote for the least worst and hope that we can nominate someone more respectable next time.

Dollayo on June 29, 2012 at 5:43 AM

There is no way he will ever undo Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I think you are deliberately spreading misinformation, for what purpose, I don’t know. It will only take 51 votes to vote down Obamacare, not a super majority. You are a troll.

TXMomof3 on June 29, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Yea, well, you can now give Justice Roberts your daily BJ with his “vote” for imposing those shackles on you.

Have fun swallowing.

roflmao

donabernathy on June 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

It would appear that Dons credit card was denied by AOL again.

DevilsPrinciple on June 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM

I’m going out on a limb here and will call this the John Roberts Vaccination of the United States against socialism.

All may not be as it appears.

A vaccination is a substance, made from a live virus or pathogen, injected into a healthy person. On its face, a vaccination makes no sense unless you understand the immune system. First, the virus has to be some potency of the live virus. Second, it can’t be potent enough to infect it, but the distinct potential is that it could and in some people, potentially bad side effects occur. Third, it must be sufficient to generate an immune response that ultimately acts to protect the host.

The injection of the virus may generate an illness–like the flu vaccine–a common side effect are flu like symptoms. John Roberts gave us the flu virus yesterday (while Alito et al said we shouldn’t take us, it’d kill us–a valid point). The reaction on the right to the injection has been expected–inflammatory, unwelcome, but necessary. The injection demonstrated potency. The inflammatory response has energized the second phase of the response–voter intensity. The reaction of the contagion (the left) is positive, victorious and easygoing as they have now a host to feed on. That reaction is necessary because the SCOTUS is now protected from the political backlash and it detunes the “WAR on SCOTUS” meme.

The potency of the socialism injection was detuned, watered down and altered. Barack Obama said it wasn’t a tax, John Roberts altered the medicine, saying that it was a tax–when Obama said that it wasn’t. The alteration was key, as it facilitated the immune response as we now have 21 new and expensive taxes floating around our circulatory system. This is not what the virus wanted as tax bills can be dealt with differently as commenters above have noted–not filibustered, etc. Chief Justice Roberts’ post-injection patient education in his response “they can be thrown out of office–hint, hint, footstomp” is his way of encouraging his patient to make a healthy choice.

Finally, the injection included other factors to further protect the host from commerce clause and necessary proper clause intrustions. An insulator, in fact, from further growth of viruses similar to this one (in other bills).

In summarmy, we are in the throes of phase1 of the inflammatory response. Remember yourself when you go get a vaccination and why you get one, what happens if you dont, etc. John Roberts may have bravely led our nation deeper into the lair of socialism in a means to protect us from it, but had to expose us to it in a higher potency than Barack Obama could do–because he knew we wouldn’t take it. CJ Roberts had to assume the mask of the virion and imposter, in order to protect his country and go against his parents (Kennedy et al) best interests. It may go down as a gambit, a gamble, an initially bad decision, but may really help us in the end.

Time will tell.

ted c on June 29, 2012 at 6:46 AM

“I have no confidence in the feckless GOP house.” Nor do I. The highway bill just passed, and the Republicans rolled over on the Keystone pipeline. It appears whatever Harry Reid wants, the Republicans just rubber-stamp it.

RADIOONE on June 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM

“Suddenly it will be their town halls filled with outraged senior citizens whose benefits are threatened; their incumbencies that will be threatened”

Hello – the ACA does nothing for Seniors, in fact it messes up Medicare. Death panels, $500 billion removed from Medicare… remember!

As a senior I want ObamaCare killed ASAP.

Yesterday the SCOTUS has confirmed that Congress can pretty much do as it pleases, and the only recourse is at the ballot box.

Dasher on June 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM

How about this-
Beck adds to his little empire by opening a chain of Hospitals/Health centers for ‘real conservatives’ –
cash only and no care or treatment otherwise. All you true and real and super pure conservatives commit to only seeking and receiving treatment at BeckCare centers, thus relieving the rest of us of the burden of your inaction and whining on this issue.
Maybe you’ll die on a sidewalk from bust appendix, but you’ll do so knowing you are ‘free of government tyranny’ or whatever.
Or….you get behind something that isn’t just ‘No!’.

verbaluce on June 29, 2012 at 7:16 AM

This is exactly how I feel about Republicans right now. Yesterday my email was bombarded with Republican organizations begging for contributions using Obamacare as the reason. I don’t care what they have to do to get this done, but if we help them get elected, then they better do it. It’s about time they actually earned the money they make. They need to put themselves in the same place the founding fathers were in when this country was founded. It’s that serious. Romney is no George Washington, but he better dig down deep and find the courage to lead.

lea on June 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

The real danger with ObamaCare is that it won’t work. Corporations will be dumping there current health care plans in mass, and opting for paying the fine. And Democrats will likely be well on the road to what they really want – single payer i.e. socialized medicine. It is the nail in our country’s coffin.

And since the government has no money of its own, single payer is a misnomer. It is taxpayer supported health care managed by a bloated bureaucracy. A bureaucracy that has already flexed its muscle by handing down rules which violate religious freedom. Another trip to the SCOTUS is in the offing.

Dasher on June 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

“Who is John Galt” indeed!

Nixon went along with the democrats and sign in the EPA.
Ford went along with the democrats, defanging the CIA.
Reagan and Bush (41) both got snookered by the democrats and increased taxes.
In a feeble attempt to reach across the aisle Bush signed everything that hit his desk just to keep the money flowing for the war.
Now Roberts tells us that the individual mandate is unconstitutional, but, it’s a tax so it’s good to go.

The Colorado wildfires remind me of the scene in the movie Atlas Shrugged (pt. 1).
Sadly, the bums won.

kregg on June 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Nixon went along with the democrats and sign in the EPA.
Ford went along with the democrats, defanging the CIA.
Reagan and Bush (41) both got snookered by went along with the democrats and increased taxes.

Sadly, the bums won.

kregg on June 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Dante on June 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM

TXMomof3 on June 29, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I seem to recall Harry Reid mentioning that language is in the bill that would almost require unanimous votes to repeal. It is definitely not a simple majority.

Dante on June 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM

The reason that Beck and “our” Tea Party ilk are ineffective? We only focus on a few issues. We don’t define ourselves on a broad range of issues. People like Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity are given this bully pulpit but they come in every Sunday and preach the same sermon. It gets old after awhile. DD

Darvin Dowdy on June 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Dasher on June 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM

+1000

This is the only takeaway from yesterday that matters. All else is sound and fury.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM

MadisonConservative on June 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Amen. The fight goes on. All this whiny tripe about Romney, Glenn Beck and Rush is misplaced anger. Focus your anger on the SoBs who foisted this socialist monster on us. They must be out of office or castrated by January ’13. Get your pitchforks and torches ready, guys, but remember who the enemies are.

JSGreg3 on June 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM

PXCharon on June 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I acknowledge that in your opinion that is your only option. However, because it’s a stupid option, I’ve elected to ignore that option.

It would seem I did not make my point clear enough for you in my previous post.

If my options is between Liberal or Liberal “Lite” Then neither deserve my vote. If my “Only choice” is to support a Liberal Republican who, like many other Republicans in congress decided to “go along, to get along” with the Democrats and constant power grabbing decisions helped get our nation here in the first place, then I doom the future just as much as I would voting for a Liberal Democrat. That is not an acceptable option.

Which leads to the major problem I have with Romney. I have two versions of Romney to look at. One is a definitive record of him as a Liberal Gov. of Massachusetts. The other, is Romney the Presidential Candidate, that is not definitive, just extremely vague points of views that seems to change depending on who he’s talking to that day. And my option is to vote for the Vague Candidate, and think really happy thoughts in hope that Romney won’t “revert” to his Big Government Republican stance? No, my trust is a bit limited with politicians these days. If he wants my vote, he’s going to have to prove my suspicions wrong.

Razgriez on June 29, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Really? What exactly has Beck accomplished for anyone other than Beck?

Terrye on June 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

He helped get rid of Van Jones.

rhombus on June 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM