Jay Carney: People don’t like ObamaCare because of all the money that was spent attacking it

posted at 9:33 pm on June 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via the Examiner, which has a handy rebuttal ready: Just scroll through the polling at RealClearPolitics, all the way back to O’s first few months in office. The first poll showing net opposition to health-care reform appeared in mid-July 2009 and the first one showing double-digit net opposition followed a few weeks later. By early September, after Democrats got an earful at their health-care town halls in August, even the AP was showing a 15-point spread in opposition. Carney’s seizing on money as an explanation because that’s the White House’s unified field theory for all of its troubles right now. They’re being outspent by the right in the campaign (well, no, not really, but they might be eventually) and that Citizens-United-loving wingnut Supreme Court is about to shatter their dreams of universal health care and you just know that the damned Koch brothers are behind it all pulling the strings, so let’s go ahead and blame money for why the public hates ObamaCare too. Even though one of the most compelling reasons on the left for electing Obama four years ago was that he was allegedly such an oratorical samurai that he’d be able to sell the progressive vision while in office like virtually no one else. How many speeches on ObamaCare did he end up giving, in fact? Dozens, surely. How’d that work out with the polls?

Let me offer a radical counter-theory on why ObamaCare’s popularity never took off: As much as people dislike some aspects of their health care, they get panicky at the prospect of a major overhaul. Too much can go wrong if things don’t work out — longer waits, fewer doctors, more expensive care. Toss in a strange new power grab in the form of the mandate, exotic procedures being used in Congress to pass the thing, the prospect of Medicare being raided to pay for the reform, and the unpalatable reality of big government rolling out the ultimate big government program and you’ve got a mighty heavy lift turning this into a political winner. And no, it’s no answer to say, “But voters like seeing people with preexisting conditions covered.” That’s true, but there are lots of things voters like in the abstract that they end up liking a lot less once they realize the trade-offs involved. Voters really like the idea of a balanced budget, but when you explain to them that that’ll require entitlement cuts and higher taxes on the middle class, suddenly they’re a lot less eager, huh? In this case, the “goodies” included in the law simply never looked good enough to make all the causes for anxiety that I described above seem worthwhile.

I’ll leave you with this:

A Fox News poll released Wednesday finds nearly half of voters oppose the law passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama in 2010. Thirty-nine percent favor the law. Thirty-nine percent — the exact same number — also favored it at the time it was passed two years ago (April 2010).

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I will miss Jay next year.

NOT!

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Its going to be a sleepless night for Jay Carney… hee hee hee…

Khun Joe on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

People don’t like Obamacare mostly because they don’t like 2,700 page bills being rammed through Congress on Christmas Eve without a single vote from the other party.

Hence why the Democrats were tossed out of the House in record numbers in 2010 and why Obama will be tossed out in a landslide this year.

wildcat72 on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Hey Allah! Question. Is THIS the first hotair mention of obamacare?

I know Obama started this whole thing in Spring of 2009. I looked it up and sure enough, March was the beginning of it all with some meetings and forums.

If — IF — it all gets overturned tomorrow, that’s pretty amazing. Over THREE YEARS of Obama, abut 90% of his presidency, consumed in some way with health care. And then poof! All gone. Bring it on, libs!!! :)

You have to include the first true obamacare post in your QOTD tomorrow — IF it’s all overturned….. (which it will be, fingers crossed!)

pamplonajack on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I will miss Jay next year.

NOT!

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

He’ll replace Matt Lauer on Today.

wildcat72 on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Poor kid, corkscrewing himself into the ground that like that.

Bishop on June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Come closer Jay…

OBAMACARE HAS COST ME $1000 MORE….EVERY YEAR AFTERWARD\…
OBAMACARE ATTACKS ME AND MY FAMILY…
IDIOT!

*Sorry for yellin’*

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Spinmeister……not

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Yeah sure, because people are stupid and they don’t know how to read

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I’m going to miss this guy come January. He is really great entertainment.

gophergirl on June 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Dont be sorry EG….this is a crappy law

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Carney:

“I double guarantee…… if ObamaCare is struck down, we will hit them…those Supreme Court justices who…..we will hit them in the their stomachs….with our shoes!”

BobMbx on June 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Spinmeister……not

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM

What character does Jay parallel on that old sitcom Happy Days?

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

So I keep hearing that if the mandate is struck down the public wants to keep the “good” parts? What the hey are the good parts?Twenty six year old “kids” on my insurance policy?Higher rates for us to cover those with pre-existing conditions? Higher taxes on medical devices?Panels to decide if my treatment is worth it?

sandee on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

All I want to hear from Scalia tomorrow, after the news of ObamaCare bening struck down, is this:

“Its the right thing to do…”

BobMbx on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Obama’s got his EOs rwadtw

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM

OT
Sure wish there was video of Jonathan Alter on the Special Ed show with both of them apoplectic that Democrats are going to cross the aisle to vote tomorrow on contempt charges.

It was LOL TV for any Conservative. They were furious over 4 when I read somewhere there might be as many as 20?!

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

EG…..Potsie?

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

sandee on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Nothing good…
Strike it all down..

Then come to the table and actually discuss what is good.

And do it in under 100 pages..or less..

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM

“Its the right thing to do…”

BobMbx on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Obama: The Supreme Court acted stupidly.

aunursa on June 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

EG…..Potsie?

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

That’s what I had in mind :)

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Cripe the Android

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Nevermind the money that’s been spent promoting it.

Flange on June 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

So Crney , if O’Scare is so fabulous, why has Hussein been selling exemptions to unions ?

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Will AP being pulling daylight duty tomorrow, certainly he must have a new and improved Humpbot waiting to launch, perhaps something like a Chevy Volt, exploding and all that cool stuff…

hillsoftx on June 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM

His lies are as bad as his ties.

jukin3 on June 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Not just unions but blue states, campaign contributors, and virtually everyone except those who won’t vote for Obama.

wildcat72 on June 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

And Jay is absolutely right. This country is slowly slipping into a banana republic where government officials are servants of the most fortunate instead of all Americans.

Ironically the so called white collar conservative chooses to be blind to this due to their hatred of the current president. We all know it’s politically incorrect to state why though..

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I will never understand this line of reasoning. This type of political BS implies that people are stupid. Do these fools really believe they can influence people to change their minds by calling them stupid? And reassuring the Kool Aid drinkers does nothing to improve their position with the people they keep calling stupid.

NotCoach on June 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM

We all know it’s politically incorrect to state why though..

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Stating that Obama is a brain dead Marxist is politically incorrect?

NotCoach on June 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Thread igniter is in the House…what’s your prediction oh wise one on the outcome of the Unaffordable Act tomorrow?

hillsoftx on June 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

And do it in under 100 pages..or less..

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM

And Constitutional…

*I needed to append my post*

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I hate communists..

Thank me.

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

wildcat72 on June 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So all those who did propaganda for O’Scare,
all those who campaigned and lied for O’Scare,
all those who covered up the crap in O’Scare,
all those who desperately wanted O’Scare,
actually purchased exemptions for themselves from the same O’Scare ?
Dude !!

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Comedy gold. Beltway Jay, good luck in your new career next year. I hope you keep that sense of humor. You’ll need it.

Philly on June 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Poor kid, corkscrewing himself into the ground that like that.

Bishop on June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I have to think James Spader is wondering why he took this job after those good years on Boston Legal.

Bitter Clinger on June 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

It’s all because of (wait for it)……poor messaging!

stldave on June 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’ll say it.

I can’t stand this man because is a liberal socialist, law ignoring, arrogant, never worked a decent day in his life, entitled, American apologist, fly over country hating, little pissant who is hell bent on destroying everything I hold dear.

Good enough for you?

gophergirl on June 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I always thought Opie Taylor would do better for himse….wait…what? …Oh, Sorry, my bad…that’s a different Lefty.

(They all kinda look the same to me, I guess.)

a5minmajor on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good one. You ever think of a career in stand-up comedy?

Bitter Clinger on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Ummm…Sure.

About the same way I’d love being shredded by a chainsaw if no one told me first it would really really hurt.

Liam on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

wildcat72 on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Well that and the socialism.

Obamacare is the left’s attempt to hijack 1/6th of our economy.

Happy Nomad on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don’t like dems because they’re stupid, misanthropic nihilists who hate America. I have no desire to have them in my nation, since they do nothing but work to destroy whatever society is unlucky enough to be burdened with their existence. Divorce is imminent.

The Constitutional Union of American States.

It’s coming, because it has to.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Nevermind the money that’s been spent promoting it.

Flange on June 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Don’t cry over spilt taxpayer funds.

steebo77 on June 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I’ll be happy to state why. He’s an a$$hole, marxist, arrogant pr!ck.

Night Owl on June 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Liberals really have a hard time accepting that people might simply think their ideas just aren’t very good. My theory is that it is because they are all a bunch of spoiled brats whose mommy and daddy never told them anything except that every word out of their mouths was pure gold. So, in their demented minds, any idea they have is by definition great, because it was, after all, THEIR idea. And they can’t be wrong. So they assume that if someone says they don’t think their ideas are good, it can only be due to some outside, artificial corrupting influence – Fox news, eeevil Republican out-spending, inner racism, etc… These nutjobs need a serious reality check.

WhatSlushfund on June 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Carney’s such a dork.

Ward Cleaver on June 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Yeah That’s The Ticket.

Dr Evil on June 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

What pray tell is a white collar conservative ?
BTW, American people hate Obama because he hates American people .

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM

gophergirl on June 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Agreed.

INC on June 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Just wait until the ObamaCare TAXES start kicking in next year, and AGAIN in 2014 and AGAIN in 2015.

What was that word they used, uh…..”FREE”?

GarandFan on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

What character does Jay parallel on that old sitcom Happy Days?

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I think you mixed up the series, he was Nellie Olsen on Little House.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I don’t like ObamaCare ’cause I’m a bigot.

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Release the Humpbot!

LeftCoastRight on June 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Initially I was against because I believed Dem’s to in fact be crappy progressives and want no part of that agenda. Then I was told it was really because I’m a racist tea bagger and had to wait to see what was in it after it was passed by a partsian vote and methods. Remember. I won? Thanks Mister Uniterman. Now I’m pretty much of the same opinion I was originally. Accept we have additional healthcare insurance issues after its passing. And it’s going, is rather, costing big and delivering less. Spend as much money as you can now. You’ll surely be spending soon either way. The damage done. All we can hope for tomorrow is to start over or not at all. I was happy for the most part healthcare wise pre 0care. Now I’m not. My take. Cheap enough? Single Payer is what they are after.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

So help us out here: why?

Bishop on June 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Jay is even a bigger moron than you are and that takes effort.

You can’t even define what you mean by “most fortunate.” It is just a talking point you read somewhere.

For me, most fortunate means any American. Compared to the rest of the world, Americans are very fortunate. Travel to the third world and you’d understand (that would require you leaving your mom’s basement for places where you may not be able to connect your gaming system). We are locking horns over the left’s attempt to seize one sixth of the economy and turn it into commie medicine. Europe passed through this battle decades ago. Africa doesn’t give a damn.

You are nothing but a failed concern troll. How’s it feel to be a failure at even that?

Happy Nomad on June 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I think you mixed up the series, he was Nellie Olsen on Little House.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Sorry..
I never watched Little House…

I will do a Google search on Nellie Olsen..Hold on…..

Wait a tick…

He’s a she….

Gotcha :)

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I don’t like ObamaCare ’cause I’m a bigot.

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I don’t like Obamacare because it is bad public policy, unconstitutional, and oppressive. If that also makes me a bigot because it is being pushed like cocaine by a jug-eared Kenyan- so be it.

Happy Nomad on June 27, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

*Pppffhppff*HAAAAhhHAHAHAAAhAAAA…*No, WAIT..STOP…PFFT..*Giggle*…Are You SERIOUSLY still playing the ‘Racist’ Card?!?! …HAAAHHHAAAAAAAAHAHahaahaaa…Sstop, yer killin’ me!!

Wait, yer probably right…anyone who dislikes this guy must be a racist, ‘cuz…you know…he’s got so many..redeeming personal qualities…and he’s so ..Smart &..stuff. And he’s all good at President’n and stuff.

You lefties got nerve, I’ll give you that; but at the end of the day, You are just sad little elitist, fake intellectual, socialist, effete douchebags. …with nerve.

a5minmajor on June 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Who let Jay Carney in here at HA under the guise of Under-educated-eastside?

Rovin on June 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

*Sorry for yellin’*

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yellin works for me.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Mrs Space relates, overheard in a doctor’s office just today: Some support types or other speculating with the doctor about what profession he’d take up if Obamacare sticks. He had alternatives. This is a conversation that’s likely happening in every doctor’s office in the US these days. Some recent survey reported 40 percent would consider retiring. The flip side of that is, if you’re considering going into medicine, and you have the grades, brains and will to do anything you set your mind to, would you seriously consider medicine if you’re looking at a future, for all practical purposes, working in the medical equivalent of the Post Office? Obamacare’s negative effects are already weaving into the fabric of healthcare. Keep it around and the only people who will be able to afford doctors will be government workers.

Put all the common sense and real world smarts of these people together and you wouldn’t fill a thimble. And Carney for shilling it, he deserves a special place in the PR department of Hades.

curved space on June 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

It’s all because of (wait for it)……poor messaging!

stldave on June 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Yep, it’s never the Dims’ lousy policies that people don’t like, it’s always that the Dims failed to explain their policies adequately to us.

They’re just too darn brilliant to be able to communicate effectively with all us bitter clinging rubes in fly-over country.

AZCoyote on June 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Come closer Jay…

OBAMACARE HAS COST ME $1000 MORE….EVERY YEAR AFTERWARD\…
OBAMACARE ATTACKS ME AND MY FAMILY…
IDIOT!

*Sorry for yellin’*

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Aren’t you glad your premiums went down 3000%.

RickB on June 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I don’t like ObamaCare ’cause I’m a bigot.

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Happy Nomad on June 27, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Well, that, too.

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I think you mixed up the series, he was Nellie Olsen on Little House.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Lol !

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM

sandee on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

The ‘good parts’ that I have heard people claim we should keep are so trivial that they could have been passed in a one-page bill three years ago. That’s not to say that they are free, they just didn’t need thousands of pages and thousands of new federal government thugocrats to implement.

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM

But think of the room for improvement that government healthcare offers.

Don’t have time to go to the doctor? No problem, have your friendly TSA agent sign off on your prostate exam!

malclave on June 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM

the medical equivalent of the Post Office.

curved space on June 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I like that line.

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Interesting I seem to remember Obama getting lots of free press including a prime time healthcare special and appearances everywhere on a daily basis to sell his plan ad nauseum. All of it payed for with our tax dollars.

ldbgcoleman on June 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM

What character does Jay parallel on that old sitcom Happy Days?

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

…Happy Days?…heck Eg Jay is getting to be more and more like Reverend Jim on Taxi as each press conference proceeds to the next! It’s like he’s taking the driver’s license test…WHAT DOES A YELLOW LIGHT MEAN?..slow down…W H A T..D O E S..A..Y E L L O W..L I G H T..M E A N?..slow down…W H A A T…D O O E S…A..Y E E L O W…L I I G H T…M E E A N?…slow down…..W H H A A T…..D O O E S S…..A…Y E E L L O W………………………

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I know what you mean. Every time the Democrats passed a law, that put them one step closer to achieve their goal.

Personally, I never considered feudalism to be particularly “progressive”, but that’s what the Democrats want me to believe.

malclave on June 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Right, Jay, it’s all a PR problem. It has nothing to do with the trillion dollars we’ll have to spend on Obamacare.

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Well, if we’re gonna play the race card, given that Obama is black and Holder is black and that the CBC is planning on walking out if Holder is voted in contempt for failing to provide the documents about why this administration thought it was a good idea to give guns to people who kill Mexicans, I have to ask myself, why do blacks want to kill Mexicans?

talkingpoints on June 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I hate to see a cabana boy with a frown on his face.

Pork-Chop on June 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM

We all know it’s politically incorrect to state why though..

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Face it, you bigoted moron. His skin color is all you see. It informs every thought you have about him. Your bigotry is on full display in every post you make. It’s only a matter of time before you go to far and get the banhammer up side your thick head.

CurtZHP on June 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Those of you that are new to Osamacare, just remember, it was never about controlling cost or you can keep your preferred physician. It was all about control, control of the money, and control of how votes will be cast using health care as a weapon. This is why I was against it.

Control = I sorry, you can’t consume that 16oz soda, increased health care cost.

Control = I ‘m sorry sir, you can’t have that knee operation because we are not spending enough money on women with attached ear lobes health issues.

Hold the applause! Join the crowd, hate democrats early

jjnco73 on June 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM

…I take that back!…Upyerassideways is Reverend Jim…posting at Hot Air!

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM

One of the third tier trolls baits with race up above in the thread here. Here is my take on the whole race thing. 0 reminds me of the half black version of Stuart Smalley. Because he’s good enough, he’s smart enough and dog gone it people like him.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I know you’re a dooche and all, but do you really think that’s going to fly?

Um…peanut farmer? Banana republics don’t HAVE fortunate people unless they’re smuggling the ‘cain. And that’s it.

There is no legitimate wealth in banana republics because they have no industry and no liberty. They have military juntas out the a$$, but no legal wealthy patrons.

I like your subtle entendre there, trying to compare the American ideal of government officials being servants of We the People with corrupt banana republic ‘leaders’ and other thieves down there, as if our established way is the same as down there and, thus, no better.

Where did you ‘learn’ you history and politics? Out of a Cracker Jacks box?

~laughs at you–yes, YOU~

Liam on June 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

jjnco73 on June 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM

My favorite Obamacare photoshop: Keep Your Doctor

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Jay Carney is a preppy twit.

MTF on June 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

People don’t like ObamaCare because of all the money that was spent attacking it implementing a boondoggle that truncates personal liberties, passed through highly dubious processes, all while not addressing the real cost issue with health care.

Fixed.

The Schaef on June 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Since you’re the expert, is it ok if I only hate his white half?

Left Coast Right Mind on June 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM

the needle hasn’t moved an inch on this crap sandwich.

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Since you’re the expert, is it ok if I only hate his white half?

Left Coast Right Mind on June 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM

That’s OK. That’s progressive.

NotCoach on June 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

That’s a stupid thing to say.

Fish on June 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Bagdad on the Potomac.

/so very contemptible

rayra on June 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM

contemptible, like this ‘Uppereastside’ moron.

rayra on June 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I copied and kept this comment from cfbleachers on an article from Pajamas Media from 2010 as the Obamacare debate raged on. I regret to report that I did not also copy the title to the article — I might be able to find it again just so I can include it with this, but this comment says it all in a very powerful way just what we are up against:

2. cfbleachers

There is nothing “noble” about the charade being played out on the current American landscape.
Radicalizing this nation into an extremist and totalitarian state via soothing words and under the cover of “protections” for the “people” is belied by the nasty screaming, epithets, false accusations of racism, and all the other “ism’s”.
It is belied by the fakery needed to infuse ambush legislation into every nook and cranny of our lives.
It is belied by the cramdown nature of midnight stealth deals and the use of “reconciliation” to deprive the people of a voice in their self-governing of this land of ours.
Radical leftism has grown fangs and claws and it is spitting out venom at record levels, while screeching in the night at rock concert decibels.
“Health care” is neither about health, nor about care. The radical leftist doesn’t give a damn about whether you live or die. This is about owning a permanent vote. If they give you “health care”, they can take it away. They own your health.
They also want to own your energy. And your auto, transportation …
your very mobility.

They want to own your finances and banking.

They want to own your 401k and yo’ daddy’s 401k and yo’ granddaddy’s 401k.

They want to own Puerto Rico.

They want to own Fannie and Freddie.

They want to own the media, entertainment and academia.

They want to own the insurance industry.

They want to own the medical device industry.

They want to own research and science.

They want to own space exploration.

They want to own the pharmaceutical industry.

They want to own the unions.

They want to own our borders, so that a permanent underclass will be protected and infused into their scheme.

This is NOT about one sixth of the economy, this is about making every citizen, every entrepreneur, every small business owner, every Joe the Plumber or Joe Sixpack, every salt of the earth patriot … into a whimpering pool of melting butter at the threat of being “cut off, shut off or shunned off” the reservation.

This is not about “one” thing, this is about everything. It’s a grab for the whole enchilada. The internal debate raging inside the extremist walls is whether to keep slow boiling the frog or seize the country by the throat now that they were able to sneak into all three Houses.

By any means necessary. Reconciliation is just a warm and fuzzy term for shoving their extremist notions down your throat and up your most available other orifice.

Some argued to keep this going slowly. The “f—ing retards” got a little too anxious and power mad … they want to strangle any complaint, put it in a chokehold and declare all matters “settled.”

The Tea Party movement is simply the natural reaction, instinctive, reflexive …”get your hands off my throat and out of my pocket.” It doesn’t seem to have any “form or direction” to the leftist extremist class, because it isn’t about “politics”. It’s about survival.

We are coming to a stark fortnight and it could not be driven home any clearer than to have the lorry handed over to Fortney Stark.

PatriotGal2257 on June 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I sure hope AP and Ed have an Obamacare Greatest Hits lined up if this goes down in flames tomorrow.

txhsmom on June 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Jay Carney makes me miss Robert Gibbs.

Spliff Menendez on June 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’ll say it.

Good enough for you?

gophergirl on June 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

A good solid AAAAAA+

herm2416 on June 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

So, if you believe this who are you laying the blame on? The most fortunate of Americans or the government officials? I don’t see anyone forcing the government officials to serve only the most fortunate of Americans, do you?

DaveDief on June 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I don’t like obama
I don’t like pelosi
I don’t like reid
I don’t like democrats in general, let alone liberal socialist progressive pigs
I don’t like this bill, now law, obamascare.
I don’t like having my rights smashed into the ground so hard I have to rent an excavator for 6 months to dig them back out.
I don’t like being this hot and angry, so I will wait, for revenge is a dish best served coldly….in november preferably.

Wolfmoon on June 27, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We all know it’s politically incorrect to state why though..

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Here you go. Never let a crisis go to waste.

a capella on June 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM

We all know it’s politically incorrect to state why though..

Uppereastside on June 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

You are the racist for having such low expectations of the first black president, Bill Clinton notwithstanding.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Uppereastside, why is Obama, the congress and the senate exempt from Obama’care’? Why.

Never should the people have to live under laws from which their elected ‘representatives’ exempt themselves from.

They aren’t on Social Security either. May they all spontaneously combust, for this alone.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM