Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on June 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

While the Supreme Court’s mixed decision on Monday on Arizona’s immigration enforcement law gave a big political boost to officials there who supported it, the ruling does not seem likely to unleash a new wave of legislation by other states to crack down on illegal immigration…

The court also allowed, and even invited, lawsuits against Arizona’s law that are based squarely on civil rights claims that it would lead to racial profiling against Latinos and other immigrants — issues that did not arise directly in the current case. Many civil rights groups, predicting that the police provision of the law would rapidly lead to discriminatory actions by officers once it takes effect, said on Monday that they were ready for that fight.

“If state governments enact new immigration bills, we say bring it on, we will see them in court,” said Anthony D. Romero, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union. His organization has participated with other rights groups in a separate lawsuit against Arizona over the law, known as S.B. 1070, and against immigration enforcement laws in other states.

***

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called it “a victory for the rule of law.” But for many police chiefs, Monday’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the “show me your papers” provision of SB 1070, the state’s immigration law, looks like a big headache

With officers across Arizona forced to walk a tightrope of legal complexity, cash-strapped municipalities also worry they could soon be defending a flurry of lawsuits by the federal government, civil rights activists and irate motorists — distracting police from their main goal of fighting crime.

“We absolutely expect lawsuits on both sides of this issue,” said Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor. “This will result in our officers being tied up in court rather than working on the streets to reduce crime.”

***

The provision requires police to make a reasonable attempt to check the immigration status of people they stop, even for an offense such as jay walking, if they suspect that they are an illegal immigrant.

But for Estrada, in Santa Cruz County where more than 80 percent of the population is Latino and where many speak Spanish at home, requiring deputies to try to determine the status of those they arrest and suspect are undocumented presents challenges.

“If you are going to guide yourself by the color and the language, you’re going to be racially profiling, so you are going to have to avoid that,” he said…

Smythe said he was concerned that if “the litigation arena got bad enough for any given city you could almost bankrupt the city in some kind of ridiculous legal battle.”

***

The Justice Department has set up a hotline for the public to report potential civil rights concerns regarding the Arizona law that requires police to check the immigration status of those they stop for other reasons.

The hotline phone number is 1-855-353-1010. The email is: SB1070(at)usdoj.gov.

***

The Department of Homeland Security’s refusal to cooperate with Arizona’s court-tested crackdown on illegal immigration has field agents fuming, FoxNews.com has learned…

The agent who talked to FoxNews.com said his colleagues are as outraged as he is and that federal policy makes it impossible to catch illegal immigrants who are criminals, unless they are caught in the act.

“The biggest problem with their catch-and-release method is that ICE does not have an effective process for identifying detainees,” he said. Most detainees do not carry identification on them and they voluntarily provide their name.

“This leads to a larger problem. … We already know that there are difficulties with confirming identities of detainees, so how can ICE be sure that they are not putting a criminal back on the street?”

***

The past two weeks have offered Mitt Romney numerous opportunities to clarify his stance on immigration — and every time the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has taken a pass

“I think the common thread on his immigration responses since the primary has been that he is talking in politicalspeak, which means he has perfected the art of saying something without saying anything,” said Ana Novarro, a Republican strategist who served as co-chairwoman of Sen. John McCain’s National Hispanic Advisory Council during his 2008 presidential campaign.

“I think Mitt Romney can tap dance his way around the immigration issue until November, but he will pay a price with it. Not only with Latinos, but with other voters. Trepidation, ambiguity and equivocation are not qualities that the American people look for in a president,” she said.

***

Via Think Progress.

***

“This is now a lawless administration,” Hannity said, noting that our country has separation of powers and checks and balances. Davis retorted by offering Hannity “the facts.” He said the “Supreme Court itself said let’s be cautious about enforcing this law of these reasonable stops because it’s vague, and we are only ruling on a matter of federal power, not on other constitutional grounds.” Davis and Hannity then clashed over whether or not Obama said the immigration law would not be enforced. That’s where the lawlessness comes in, Hannity argued…

If the president “doesn’t like the law, he can change it,” he said. “But he’s got to get Congress to go along with him.”

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Good deal!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM

What you say makes sense. My only problem with it is that I think the Dems in particular are more frightened of impeaching TFBP/TFGP/TFHP than of any fallout from scandals. I hope I’m wrong.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Defy the feds

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

The best option is to vote Barry and the Dems out in November.

bayview on June 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Absolutely. And that’s why it blows my wee little mind that this evil little brat EVER polls above 20-25%. Seriously. Who ARE these people “moderates” and Independents that are satisfied with this dangerous joke of a president?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

One of my wife’s coworkers, who, until today, did not have a clue that China’s economy is in SERIOUS trouble and thought Obama is doing a pretty good job. (Yes, he is a maroon.)

Global markets are my day job, now. (I just come here for a change of pace)

When my wife laid out for him what I have been telling her for the last 6 months, he got really troubled and said,

“China’s economy shrinking would be really BAD!”

Those are the idiots who will NOT pay attention until they are FORCED to pay attention.

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

THEY AREN’T AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

tom, is it like this? Am I even in the ballpark? Do you have the exact product in mind?

Here/

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Someone recently said to me on the phone, from the East Coast, “I think he’s demonic.”

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Remember in the 2008 campaign when one of his dope-smoking adoring sycophants in the media referred to him as a “light-worker”, or maybe “lightworker”. In reality, given what we have been told of his White House work schedule, he seems to be more of a “light worker”, but I digress.

… And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14

Ironic, ain’t it?

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Here/

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

here what?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

You did make me laugh mucho with the Morehouse thing on libfreeordie.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

He insists it doesn’t bother him. It does. He slipped in it and won’t own up to it. Typical.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

here what?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Did the link chasers steal my link?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Said this on a dead thread:

When the police detain someone identified to be an illegal alien and the police call the feds, they will get a “meh, whatever response”. The police should then detain said illegal alien until the feds show up. ACLU, et al should then be directed to the feds for failure to respond, the AZ police are simply holding a person who is suspected of committing a federal crime and it is at the convenience of the feds that the detainee’s detainment time is set.

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM

here what?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Borrow Dire’s reading glasses, tom d. ;)

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Did the link chasers steal my link?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM

No, it was there.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Impertinent narcissistic thug is more like it.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

That too. ; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I noticed its becoming popular again to call them, low info voters, or some such.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Good evening folks!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Good evening to you Dire. Sorry for the slow response, Pie!

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

That’s because “ignorant sluts” was already taken and applied to the gender of only 50% of them. ;-|

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I thought libfree was a she. In the Whitney Houston funeral thread she lectured all of us whitey rednecks about “the going home celebration.” Typical condescending lib. And oh, she went to Vegas with close friends but still had time to stop by and rag on the military at Memorial day.

I love you guys but when I go on vacation HA is not a high priority except for little gracie. :)

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I was just lurking but I have to say, I think Tom is losing it…….
Tom get a quad rail and an eo-tech and be done with it……..;)

angrymike on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Good point, I think, tom isn’t being very specific. ; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Good deal!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Smart man, or is it…………….. exceptionally smart piggy. ; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:45 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

ROFL

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Good deal!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Yes, fresh baked straight out of the old oven. Strawberry. I have a sweet tooth. Well they all like sweets actually. Yes, I actually have every single tooth. ; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Arrest the illegals, set up prison campos (originally I was gonna correct that fortunate typo! :) ), and have the illegals build a twenty foot wall (or, perhaps crocodile ridden moat) along the border.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM

As often as she bakes, Mrs. B should start up a business.
Suggested name: More Pies, Please!

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM

lol, good idea but them prisoners can eat a lot of vittles and take up plenty of resources until the feds do something plus you have to have proper jail conditions or DOJ will come down on you.

My idea is to haul em to DC on a decent bus, let em off for a potty break on that quad area and then haul ass in the bus. Adios muchachos.
When state officals are confronted just play dumb like Holder does.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Evening, RC.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM

When state officals are confronted just play dumb like Holder does.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

As an Arizona taxpayer, I defer to your much more brilliant plan; you are correct, bus costs will be way lower than indefinite housing.

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM

The hotline phone number is 1-855-353-1010. The email is: SB1070(at)usdoj.gov.

Hope everyone here has at least sent an email and the more “off the wall” the better. They can’t send their gestapo after a large number of “traitors” to the Obama Reich.

Dear sir/madam,

I think my civil rights may have been violated. The pizza and beer I ordered never came. I suspect that the Arizona police arrested the pizza delivery driver on some wild suspicion of his being illegally in the country just because he can’t speak English very well and doesn’t have a drivers license or insurance. I think this was all a ruse so that the police could eat my pizza and drink my beer. Without my pizza I am now starving and feel this is a clear violation of my civil rights. I am also very thirsty without the beer which I feel is another violation of my civil rights. I can’t buy another pizza or more beer now until I get my new food stamp allocation from our wonderful food stamp President. All I have now to eat is the left over lobster and potato chips and skittles that I bought with my food stamp card yesterday. Please send federal marshals to Arizona to check this out and arrest the Arizona police if they look like they may have eaten or drank anything recently.

VorDaj on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

When state officals are confronted just play dumb like Holder does.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

HA! I vote for this idea!!

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

just play dumb like Holder does.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My only quibble with your comment: Holder ain’t playing, that’s for real.

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Not a good analogy. Ebola kills over 80% of its hosts. I hope you aren’t suggesting blood in the streets.

chemman on June 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM

As often as she bakes, Mrs. B should start up a business.
Suggested name: More Pies, Please!

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Good one! Gonna have to save a day for you yet. ; ) She bakes as therapy to stay sane around me. As far as I’m concerned it works perfectly.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM

A cot in a tent, baloney samwiches and pink blue uns won’t cost Sheriff Joe too much…

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Evening, RC.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Howdy, ma’am. Long time, etc.

VorDaj on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Well…did you call 911, like yer s’posed-ta?

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 1:58 AM

VorDaj on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I would actually pay money to listen to all the bogus calls and read all the bogus emails.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:58 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM

At the risk of sounding stupid, though that hasn’t stopped me before, can the state deal directly with the Mexican Gov? Or are the Feds the only ones to take up that kind of business. Treaties and whatnot.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

While that is true, I think arnold ziffel has it right. Given the fact that the feds will ignore calls in perpetuity, even baloney sammich costs will start adding up. Better a one-way bus trip to Obama’s House (as he referred to it at one time early in his regime, “my house here”)

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Too much chit chat! I want to talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I’m not a lawyer, but my understanding is that only the federal government can deal directly with foreign governments. State governors can have delegations and fact finding trips, but any actual agreements must be at the country to country level (as it should be). I’m pretty sure prisoner transfers have to go through the State Department.

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

My only quibble with your comment: Holder ain’t playing, that’s for real.

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

On the F&F thread I posted the 6-7 testimony by Holder in front of Issa. I had never seen it until today. It was just terrible. Issa asked a question and Holder just danced around. He acted exactly like suspects do when the detectives question them—exactly.

Clinton pulled the same crap as well but that was a no win, trying to grill the president.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Since I can’t stay late, I’m gonna dive into a tune or two.

Oldie but goodie

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM

The pies sound good!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

And the other 1/2 are named “Jane“…

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Too much chit chat! I want to talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

FloatingRock is not here tonight.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Too much chit chat! I want to talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Cheez-its were not meant to be inhaled into the windpipe.
I owe you one, JTL.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I don’t mean to side-track our chit-chat with on-topic comments, but what gets me in the whole thing is the selection of our president of which laws he will enforce, and which he won’t.

Hannity (Don’t know what he makes, but it’s too much) only got it partially correct: The executive branch executes the laws of the US. ALL of the laws. I.e. POTUS does not have a choice in the matter.

I know a president can subtlely de-emphasize laws that he doesn’t agree with idealogically–Obama’s not the first to do that. But to issue executive orders, basically saying his administration will not enforce US laws…

That s**t has me steamin’. (Hello? Americans?!!?)

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:07 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Me either, but it sounded good to me, short bus trip to the handoff and all. I guess the States will just have to keep suing the Feds.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I owe you one, JTL.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Why are you people posting music vids when you could be tilting at windmills?!

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I’m in this kinda a mood!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

AZfederalist on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I’m not a lawyer either, though I play one on TV. I think AZfed is correct.

Also, Bmore, what in the world makes you think the Mexican government wants to help (or do anything, really) on the US illegal immigrant problem? It’s a huge part of their economy.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Cheez-its were not meant to be inhaled into the windpipe.
I owe you one, JTL.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Well if you chop them up into a fine powder you can snort a line of them with a straw.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Since I can’t stay late, I’m gonna dive into a tune or two.

Oldie but goodie

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Very nice. Remember Summer in the City?

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The pies sound good!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Dire, they are. If you like pie, any pie, she makes them all. There are few things better in my world than fresh baked from scratch pie, straight out of the oven. Cookies too. ; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I’m in this kinda a mood!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Very nice.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Used to really like that one, then “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” used it in a scene. Now, I see that scene whenever I hear the tune. (Funny show. Funny scene. NOT visually pleasing.)

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I’m in this kinda a mood!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I was thinking “The End” but yours is better. I hope the tornadoes are a metaphor for getting rid of the black plague that affect us.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I like peach cobbler. Also pecan pie and strawberry rhubarb.

Coconut cream pie is good to. Key lime pie good too. Cheese cake good too. Pumpkin pie good too.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Very nice. Remember Summer in the City?

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

YES, I almost chose that one. It was 106 here today. Miserable hot.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Yes, true it is steeped in money, it’s the Feds responsibility.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

R.I.P. Nora Ephron.

You may disagree with her confused politics, but When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle were great chick flicks. And 71 is too young to go.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Oldie but goodie

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I never heard that one. Good one, Gracie.
(Trying to think of a more modern band that so totally ripped that off!!!)

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Rice pudding is delicious.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Yeah, still a bit chunky, though. I prefer to just buy those pixie sticks and snort those. Pure, 100% sugar. That’s how our special trolls go on those 16-hr commenting runs.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

YES, I almost chose that one. It was 106 here today. Miserable hot.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I saw that San Antonio and Houston were not exactly pleasant. Bakersfield was very nice, ten degrees cooler than normal 62 at night 80 daytime. Still need a blanket at night. Next week nope.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Yes, true it is steeped in money, it’s the Feds responsibility.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Heh. Sure it is the responsibility of the federal government to secure our borders.

And the question remains: What happens when you have a US federal government that refuses to enforce US law?!?!?!?!!?!?11!

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

We’re supposed to get 104 tomorrow…

OmahaConservative on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Rice pudding is delicious.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Ooh, ahh, rice pudding. Especially when it’s fresh out of the oven.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Since I can’t stay late, I’m gonna dive into a tune or two.

Oldie but goodie

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

LOL! Only on QOTD at 2:04 EDT would someone say, “I can’t stay late …”

Good song, Grace

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Alright.
Nighty, night, folks.
Nice cc’ing with y’all again.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

SparkPlug, peach is now, she just wanted to finish up the years strawberrys tonight. She only uses fillings from around here. My fav is pecan, end of summer for that. I have a friend with many trees, he doesn’t use them anymore. We fill up sacks with them, sure I have to pick, but trust me on this. It’s worth it. I have blueberry bushes,probably my fav. There is an old recipe called blue berry rollie pollie, originally huckleberry, served hot with an ice cold fresh mad custard. It is good. Yum! I like all pie.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

rofl!!..Sounds like a plan!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Ooh, ahh, rice pudding. Especially when it’s fresh out of the oven.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I have no pudding

but I did have cake!

;)

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Nose candy? Hehe

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

RedCrow, force?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

We’re supposed to get 104 tomorrow…

OmahaConservative on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I feel your pain. I think we are supposed to drop to a pleasant 102 tomorrow. Gag.

My heart really breaks for those firefighters in Colo. Wearing all that gear, working ungodly hours, battling frayed nerves, trying to save homes. Wasn’t it like 110 there today?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Night, RC!

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM

The custard is not mad, it’s made. iPad.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Jimi !!!!

G’night, RedCrow

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I forgot to mention egg custard. Love it. Sounds like you got all the best that nature has to offer.

And you know good pie.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

OmahaConservative on June 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I haven’t been on HA for a couple of days. How is Norm doing? And June?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Good Night RedCrow, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Inferno from hell. I lived in San Diego for thirty years until Sept 2005. I will never, ever forget fire and brimstone…

OmahaConservative on June 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

SparkPlug, I want some laying hens. When things slow down a bit. I always wanted a cow. I’m not an early riser though.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM

We have to break thru!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

RedCrow, force?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Lol. Impossible.
I would say the entire middle class pulls a “Ghandi”*, except you know my (single) conspiracy theory: Those in power have every motive to keep the middle class at each others’ throats (man v. woman, hetero v. homo, black v. white, etc…) in order to keep their grasp on power.

If the middle class could ever come together to realize that the politicians are our “shared” problem…we could solve it.

* In this case, “pulling a Ghandi” means refusing to go to work, buy anything, pay taxes, etc. (It’d take about two days to take over the government and ship the aholes out.)

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

LOL! I am so tired and simpled out, that segue just caught me off guard.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Excellent tune!..:)

PS..Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I’m in this kinda a mood!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good mood. It even played on the iPad thingy for a change.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I can do that.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Nice tune you played earlier!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

The custard is not mad, it’s made. iPad.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Have I ever mentioned I have OCD issues?

No? Well, I do. Seriously.

My daughter’s favorite story about it:

She’s watching me take left over scraps from steaks my son grilled, cut them up into even pieces and organize them into groups of 4 pieces (4 dogs, 1 piece per group per dog).

I look up at her watching me and say,

“Well?!? How would you organize the scraps for the dogs???”

In a slightly raised voice she responded,

‘I wouldn’t! They’re dogs! They don’t care if the scraps are organized!’

She was right.

After, say midnight Eastern time, I don’t think you need to “fix” your typo’s for us.

Just sayin’ :)

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

R.I.P. Nora Ephron.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Nice tune you played earlier!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Thanks. Haven’t thought of Loving Spoonful in a long time.

They actually opened for…wait for it…Steve Martin in my college days. It was back when SM did the arrow cap and the “Well, excuuuuuse me!”

I can’t remember if the LS were still together, or if it was just the singer.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I can do that.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Lol!

Well, yeah. You and I could do it. (You could probably convince most folks who hang out here to do it.)

So: How do we get 100 million to do it?
So: Figure it out, guys. My brilliant plan is in your capable hands. Now I must to bed with me. (I’ll expect a working plan by noon, today. Thanks.)

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM

PolAgnostic, it’s habit, same reason I always call people by thier nics and not thier real names. Plus I am truly a creature of habit. German in me I reckon.; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Hilarious story.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

In a slightly raised voice she responded,

‘I wouldn’t! They’re dogs! They don’t care if the scraps are organized!’

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

She says that now… until the dogs rise up against their arbitrary masters.

I would’ve done the same thing, unless the dogs were of much different sizes. Then I’d have gone proportional.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM