Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on June 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

While the Supreme Court’s mixed decision on Monday on Arizona’s immigration enforcement law gave a big political boost to officials there who supported it, the ruling does not seem likely to unleash a new wave of legislation by other states to crack down on illegal immigration…

The court also allowed, and even invited, lawsuits against Arizona’s law that are based squarely on civil rights claims that it would lead to racial profiling against Latinos and other immigrants — issues that did not arise directly in the current case. Many civil rights groups, predicting that the police provision of the law would rapidly lead to discriminatory actions by officers once it takes effect, said on Monday that they were ready for that fight.

“If state governments enact new immigration bills, we say bring it on, we will see them in court,” said Anthony D. Romero, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union. His organization has participated with other rights groups in a separate lawsuit against Arizona over the law, known as S.B. 1070, and against immigration enforcement laws in other states.

***

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called it “a victory for the rule of law.” But for many police chiefs, Monday’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the “show me your papers” provision of SB 1070, the state’s immigration law, looks like a big headache

With officers across Arizona forced to walk a tightrope of legal complexity, cash-strapped municipalities also worry they could soon be defending a flurry of lawsuits by the federal government, civil rights activists and irate motorists — distracting police from their main goal of fighting crime.

“We absolutely expect lawsuits on both sides of this issue,” said Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor. “This will result in our officers being tied up in court rather than working on the streets to reduce crime.”

***

The provision requires police to make a reasonable attempt to check the immigration status of people they stop, even for an offense such as jay walking, if they suspect that they are an illegal immigrant.

But for Estrada, in Santa Cruz County where more than 80 percent of the population is Latino and where many speak Spanish at home, requiring deputies to try to determine the status of those they arrest and suspect are undocumented presents challenges.

“If you are going to guide yourself by the color and the language, you’re going to be racially profiling, so you are going to have to avoid that,” he said…

Smythe said he was concerned that if “the litigation arena got bad enough for any given city you could almost bankrupt the city in some kind of ridiculous legal battle.”

***

The Justice Department has set up a hotline for the public to report potential civil rights concerns regarding the Arizona law that requires police to check the immigration status of those they stop for other reasons.

The hotline phone number is 1-855-353-1010. The email is: SB1070(at)usdoj.gov.

***

The Department of Homeland Security’s refusal to cooperate with Arizona’s court-tested crackdown on illegal immigration has field agents fuming, FoxNews.com has learned…

The agent who talked to FoxNews.com said his colleagues are as outraged as he is and that federal policy makes it impossible to catch illegal immigrants who are criminals, unless they are caught in the act.

“The biggest problem with their catch-and-release method is that ICE does not have an effective process for identifying detainees,” he said. Most detainees do not carry identification on them and they voluntarily provide their name.

“This leads to a larger problem. … We already know that there are difficulties with confirming identities of detainees, so how can ICE be sure that they are not putting a criminal back on the street?”

***

The past two weeks have offered Mitt Romney numerous opportunities to clarify his stance on immigration — and every time the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has taken a pass

“I think the common thread on his immigration responses since the primary has been that he is talking in politicalspeak, which means he has perfected the art of saying something without saying anything,” said Ana Novarro, a Republican strategist who served as co-chairwoman of Sen. John McCain’s National Hispanic Advisory Council during his 2008 presidential campaign.

“I think Mitt Romney can tap dance his way around the immigration issue until November, but he will pay a price with it. Not only with Latinos, but with other voters. Trepidation, ambiguity and equivocation are not qualities that the American people look for in a president,” she said.

***

Via Think Progress.

***

“This is now a lawless administration,” Hannity said, noting that our country has separation of powers and checks and balances. Davis retorted by offering Hannity “the facts.” He said the “Supreme Court itself said let’s be cautious about enforcing this law of these reasonable stops because it’s vague, and we are only ruling on a matter of federal power, not on other constitutional grounds.” Davis and Hannity then clashed over whether or not Obama said the immigration law would not be enforced. That’s where the lawlessness comes in, Hannity argued…

If the president “doesn’t like the law, he can change it,” he said. “But he’s got to get Congress to go along with him.”

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

If things don’t go Barky’s way do you think he will pull a Marion Barry point at shill Kagan and yell “That biatch set me up!!” ?

viking01 on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

If he’s grinning even bigger than ever, it’s a fair guess he knows he’s losing. But I don’t think he’ll out Kagan since she’s his connection to the, uhh, that group he holds in low regard.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I know how Obama went about it is totally maddening, but can someone tell me the difference on policy? Does that not matter?

AZ deserves what it’s getting because it was not a solution. It should have been used as a leverage to negotiate broad enforcement of the current laws nationally. To be fair, it is true the this admin deports people… And given the wreckovery, we have less people ckng thru (according to many reports anyway). But is anyone missing the part where as a citizen I now have to carry my passport just in case or if for some reason I go to the store without id, I could get carried by the police? Yes, I understand why, but real Americans end up paying a price too in addition to the tax dollars! Least efficient idea ever. It’s not a way to live!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

slickwillie2001 on June 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

My guess is that the whole Hillary/CIA thing is misinformation or perhaps an attempt to make Hillary a scapegoat for F&F. Hillary is conniving and evil, but I seriously doubt she is actually stupid enough to try something like F&F.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I disagree. Hillary, like Barack, are both flesh-eating snakes.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

…..I just hope TS Debby doesn’t wash my neighborhood away before then.
joekenha on June 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

HA!!! I hadn’t really been paying attention to the weather news.
I thought you were talking about Wassermann-Schultz there for a moment.

LegendHasIt on June 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Mexican Squirrel !

Hay Caramba !

FlaMurph on June 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hillary is Hussein in a pant suit.

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

You don’t have to carry your passport, just identification, which has been the law in the entire US Since 2004 Hibel v Nevada. And has been law in Arizona even longer.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I disagree. Hillary, like Barack, are both flesh-eating snakes.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Race is not included……

Electrongod on June 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Sure hope this is right…

BOOM! -Dems To Vote For Contempt Charge Against Eric Holder (WHI RELATED

The chief Democratic House head counter, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, declined to tell reporters how many defections he expected, but acknowledged that some in his party would consider heeding the NRA’s call for a “yes” vote. LINK

________________

UPDATE:

A longtime D.C. political operative indicated this afternoon that as many as 30 Democratic members of Congress will join with the Republican House majority in voting in favor of a Contempt of Congress charge against Eric Holder should it come to a vote later this week.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Just one troll today ?

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thread winner!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

…it may be unanimous tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

The CIA would likely be in the loop if there’s any truth to rumors of an F&F tie-in with Honduras. That could be the bomb in Holder’s files.

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Combine that with this, and things aren’t looking good for ole Bammy…

List of Democrats Skipping the Party’s National Convention Continues to Grow

There may be some extra hotel space in Charlotte, N. C. come the beginning of September, as several Democratic elected officials have announced that they will not be attending the Democratic National Convention this year.

Earlier today, Talking Points Memo reported that Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill will not be attending the convention, becoming the third Democratic senator, and eighth Democratic member of Congress, to opt out of the event.

Late Tuesday she tweeted, ” Whole lot of nothing over me campaigning w/Mo folks instead of going to convention w/party honchos. Bet POTUS agrees with my decision.”

Several of the elected officials who have decided to forgo the convention hail from places where Obama is unpopular; West Virginia’s Democratic House Rep. Nick Rahall, Sen. Joe Manchin and its governor, Earl Ray Tomblin, have all announced they’re not going. Obama’s low popularity in the state is perhaps best exemplified by the strong performance of prison inmate Keith Russell Judd in the state’s Democratic presidential primary. Other elected Democrats not going include Rep. Jim Matheson of Utah and Sen. Jon Tester of Montana.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

…it may be unanimous tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Section 5, making it a state crime for a person who is not lawfully in the United States to work or seek work.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

How do they enforce that provision of SB1070? Any tourist with a license from a recognized country can get an id.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

After the way Obama treated Hillary in the primaries, the only way Hillary is involved in this, is if she has an angle to stick a very large sharp knife in Obama’s back.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

OT: How do you drive to a polling place without your voter ID (license)?

faraway on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

What does that have to do with the BS you were spouting? Nothing thats what.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thread winner!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

…it may be unanimous tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

While I’m not “sick” of Obama, I am disgusted with the guy, who I deem to be up to no good, intent on ruining a nation I love and doing whatever he can to make evil deeds the O’Standard.

In other words, can’t stand the fool. Pray to God that our nation be freed of this awful blight.

I won’t allow being “sick” of the man, though, he can’t have that power on me.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Because in my experience, people such as Obama take pleasure in knowing they do induce “sick” in some people. I think Obama laughs at that.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Someone recently said to me on the phone, from the East Coast, “I think he’s demonic.”

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

What does that have to do with the BS you were spouting? Nothing thats what.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Troll alert….attempted thread hijacking

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

OT: How do you drive to a polling place without your voter ID (license)?

faraway on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

You don’t. You are shuttled to the polling place by community organizers after being offered free pizza.
That’s the Democrat party way.

FlaMurph on June 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Don’t underestimate Shrillary’s mind-numbing stupidity. After all, she couldn’t make sure that the State Department correctly translated one simple word into Russian (a language that we’ve had to spy in and eavesdrop on for more than half a century) for a highly public diplomatic presentation that was allegedly to determine the future of our relations with the only nation on Earth that can still physically annihilate us.

Hillary is all kinds of stupid. The best press she ever got was that portrayal of her in Primary Colors, which was as far from the truth as one could get.

And don’t forget this (which still cracks me up).

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

OT: How do you drive to a polling place without your voter ID (license)?

faraway on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

How do you get into an Obama event without a photo id?

You don’t.

JPeterman on June 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yes, he absolutely is.

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

A friend of mine who is an expert on East Asian/Hindu/Buddhist mythologies and such stuff calls him an ” ASURA”

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yes, he absolutely is.

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

@slickwillie: yes, that’s what I said to them in reply.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Audio 1, Rush is correct, the campaign had been doing a great job with their net game, they dropped to early on 0care and soft on responding to the immigration decision. His teams response largely went under most peoples radar.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

And don’t forget this (which still cracks me up).

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yup, those are pretty bad alright, the bottom line however, is I’m not going to allow myself to be distracted by any shiny objects, and Hillary, util someone can brink serious proof of her involvement, is just a shiny object to distract from Obama’s role in F&F.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

How did they get into the US without a passport.

RickB on June 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Yes, he absolutely is.

slickwillie2001 on June 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

@slickwillie: yes, that’s what I said to them in reply.

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

We have a second and a third!!..The motion carries!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

How do you get into an Obama event without a photo id?

You don’t.

JPeterman on June 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Don’t even think about bringing in cutlery, not even a spork…

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I am very nervous. You think we are going to win? Hope so.

SparkPlug on June 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

After Monday’s ruling, I’m going with the mantra “Blessed are those who expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed.” If I weren’t living through all of this crap right now, I would never believe it. When I watched Reagan board Air Force One to head home to California, I would never have dreamed that in just 22 years, the country as I knew it, would be on the verge of becoming a socialist third world cesspool. But here we are. In some bizarro world ruled by a dictator that enforces the laws he wants and values illegal alien invaders over American citizens.

TxAnn56 on June 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Beautiful post. Well said.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I doubt that Shrillary was in the loop for F&F. I don’t think Barky likes talking to her too much. But, if she was I wouldn’t doubt that she would have been gung-ho for the whole thing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Well, agreed in concept but then I read this part:

Bhargava believes that, in most of the ancient hymns, the word, Asura, is always used as an adjective meaning ‘powerful’ or ‘mighty’.

I don’t define Obama as “powerful” or “mighty,” but a fool. Someone so misled that he actually thinks he’s arrived at the right destination when he has arrived at the wrong one. He himself has been so easily misled by foul and decrepit notions and beliefs that he has assumed that’s a good place to be (“fair” and “the right thing to do”). He is the deceived Piper leading others astray and he is demonic: look at his “fruits”.

But he’s no more “mighty” than he is insipid on the golf course: “the banality of evil.”

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Little Cindy, keep hydrated cause that SOB over the next few months will make the Ebola virus look pleasant.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I just don’t want anyone sharing O’Bark-barkeater’s Fast and Furious spotlight, let alone taking the fall for him.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM

On a good note, Obama has trashed the economy so bad that the illegal criminals don’t want to come here to work cause they can’t get jobs. On a bad note they come here to steal and run drugs.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

a capella on June 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

a capella on June 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

+ 100..Well said!!

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Video. So Roberts is the problem with just the tiniest amount of Bush thrown in for good measure. Never a great idea to play tit for tat with the law.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Lourdes on June 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

When Obama first burst on to the national scene, he gave me the creeps.
Honestly.
One day I he was on TV in 2007 IIRC, and I muttered the same thing about me getting the creeps just by looking at him and this friend said that Obama’s mannerisms resemble
” mahisasoora”
and he will be ultimately taken down by a woman.
Ofcourse she has been giving me lessons in mythology on and off and I have come to believe the tale of asuras and who rids the earth of asuras.

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM

QUESTION:

If ICE will no longer accept calls from Arizona, what is the state’s next best action? Arrest illegals and jail them at the state level, knowing it will bring lawsuits and more hellfire and brimstone from the WH? Encourage all lawful AZ citizens to arm themselves?

Same goes for all border states. I don’t cotton to intimidation and I doubt border state governors and citizens do either.

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Defy the feds

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Defy the feds

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I agree, but how exactly? As I mentioned, ICE will not respond, so will they simply jail them at the local or state level?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

One of the downsides of following political blogs closely is the sense of frustration, helplessness, and anger we all develop by watching these things unfold and watching bad guys win. Difficult to avoid it.

a capella on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

WHY CAN’T I BUY A TROY INDUSTRIES GAMMA RAIL?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Arizona should line the border with information centers stocked with maps and bus routes to California sanctuary cities.

Dongemaharu on June 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Why not facilitate the process? (Warning: Going beyond the pale)

Most of you folks are too young to remember something states used to do more than a half century ago …

… they would take people the did not want hanging around to the border of a state they were not particularly friendly with and direct those people to cross the state line and not return.

Why not take the people ICE is refusing to “answer the phone” on to the border with California (which treats illegal immigrants very well from what I have heard) and direct them to find safe haven in California.

Governor Moonbeam should be delighted …

… other Californians … maybe not so much.

“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.” Hari Seldon

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

WHY CAN’T I BUY A TROY INDUSTRIES GAMMA RAIL?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yo, Tom …

Did you mean to post this on AR15.com, maybe?

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

President downgrade is worse than Carter.

Libs are total fools.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Encourage all lawful AZ citizens to arm themselves?

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Arizonan’s can open carry and conceal carry without a permit.

RickB on June 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

What is their best option at this point?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I think they must protect thier States interests above any Federal mandate or inaction. Folks will have to be locked up and held while the courts figure it out. Hopefully at some point the Federals will do the job they are responsible for on border control. most of these messes have been brewing for quite a long time. 0 just loves to take advantage of them and fully destroy what he can. What is the motto? Never waste a crisis.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Capture and arrest them in AZ, bus them to the nearest NV town ,
and guard entrances to AZ using AZ National Guards.

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Is it alright to play with a tatted tittie in lawful circumstances as long as no bush is involved?

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

What is the motto? Never waste a crisis.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yes, and I believe the Chicago Choom Gang stole the motto from Chavez and Putin.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

a capella on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Good point!..We all seem to be eeyores tonight!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

WHY CAN’T I BUY A TROY INDUSTRIES GAMMA RAIL?

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Short on cash?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Very nice Barry White reference you made in another thread!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Capture and arrest them in AZ, bus them to the nearest NV town ,
and guard entrances to AZ using AZ National Guards.

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Yep.

Or, some people have half-jokingly recommended busing them to DC, which I think is a great idea. Dump them at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. They’re their pets, anyway.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

arnold, how ya doing? Did you crack the code on that comment thingy?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

What this is, is Obama’s thrown down the gauntlet, he’s daring every American to vote against him.

He’s pitted himself against every single American.

Not a single one of us is not harmed by refusing to enforce duly constituted law, law in every case demanded by the majority.

We are not a nation of one controls all.

Speakup on June 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

d1carter on June 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

rofl!..That is hilarious!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

What is the motto? Never waste a crisis.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

“Never let a crisis go to waste.” Rahmbo said it. Barky lives it … after he manufactures a crisis or lies about there being one.

Health insurance, which 85% of Americans were satisfied with, was in a “crisis”. The illegal, un-Constitutional Libya war was a “crisis” that prompted the release of oil from the SPR.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I actually agree with an earlier comment (JPeterman, I believe) guessing that O will simply ignore any undesired SCOTUS opinion, or will immediately issue an EO that circumvents.

This…petulant man-child is not used to being told “NO.” He cannot accept that he will not always get his way, so…he is ensuring that he will always get his way.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Very nice Barry White reference you made in another thread!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

thx sir. While working in the yard i thought of even more but I’m sure other chances to use the material will crop up as more rats flee the SS Baracka.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Yep that’s it.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Rep. John Sullivan unexpectedly lost the GOP Okla. primary Tuesday night to U.S. Navy Reserve Pilot Jim Bridenstine – @rollcall

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

4Grace, 0 really is petulant isn’t he? Such a little spoiled brat.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

arnold, how ya doing? Did you crack the code on that comment thingy?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I’m furious friend. All three branches of govt. are controlled by statists and we have no recourse. And no the comments still won’t take.

You did make me laugh mucho with the Morehouse thing on libfreeordie.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

After this ruling by the 9,
illegals in custody are like a burning rag,
the lesser AZ handles them, the better,
just pick up the burning rag and throw it away .
Save your own house .
Selfish ? Youbetcha:P

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Short on cash?

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

They aren’t available Mister. They aren’t available.

They aren’t available

They aren’t available….

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Such a little spoiled brat.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Impertinent narcissistic thug is more like it.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

There is going to be some heinous crime committed by someone released by ICE as a result of the DoJ abrogation of its agreements with Arizona. It will be so bad that NO ONE currently willing to play games over illegal immigration will be willing to make a noise afterwards.

PolAgnostic on June 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You mean like the twice deported illegal alien that was just sentenced to 55 years in prison for dragging a Houston cop to death on the freeway after he hit him? Poor misunderstood illegal was drunk and high on coke. Probably abused as a child, they always throw that one in. I doubt if it will ever get bad enough for both sides to stop playing games. They value their cheap labor and votes more than the destruction of lives.

TxAnn56 on June 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

As despicable as that crime was, no, it is not enough.

I could specifically reference some examples but I do not want to so I will speak more generally:

If you take some of the recent atrocities committed south of our border and have them committed here in a manner that directly affects the innocent.

or

The recent “we can’t wait” immigration edict by the SCOAMF also establishes a lassez faire outlook towards young illegal immigrants (is anyone foolish enough to believe the Obama administration is actually going to research backgrounds?) is even more dangerous if it is used as cover for illegal Muslim, spanish speaking fanatics to launch a new 9/11 attack

BTW, the “we can’t wait” immigration edict is better understood if you view Obama as already knowing what the SCOTUS decision was going to be …

… and he wanted to have already taken 1,000,000 + illegal immigrants “out of play”.

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

THEY AREN’T AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

4Grace, 0 really is petulant isn’t he? Such a little spoiled brat.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Absolutely. And that’s why it blows my wee little mind that this evil little brat EVER polls above 20-25%. Seriously. Who ARE these people “moderates” and Independents that are satisfied with this dangerous joke of a president?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Good evening folks!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

They are imbeciles grace, imbeciles.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

davidk on June 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Good. Lost to tea party candidate on a shoestring budget. Mr. Sullivan “I didn’t take this race seriously enough.” Virtually everyone of these DC F**kers should be kicked to the curb. They are certainly not concerned with what we want. The EPA decision today was stunning in it’s potential and i don’t see brush back coming from our side.
I can drink as much as Boehner and still have more will and fighting sense.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good evening folks!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Hello to you, Dire! Aside from watching your beloved country circle the drain, how are you?

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I was just lurking but I have to say, I think Tom is losing it…….
Tom get a quad rail and an eo-tech and be done with it……..;)

angrymike on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You’re right. No doubt. But I would have loved to see busload after busload of them dumped at the White House. And at Congress and the SCOTUS, too.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

They are imbeciles grace, imbeciles.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Do you think it’s just the “low information” voters? Single issue voters? I.Don’t.Get.It.

I try to take some solace in the fact that it’s still early in the cycle for many casual followers of the race. I pray that eyes are opened and this stain is washed away–in a landslide.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I’m so sick of Obama.

Cindy Munford on June 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Thread winner!..:)

Dire Straits on June 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

…it may be unanimous tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Naaahhhhh, he’s not that bad.

WHAT ? ! ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on June 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I can drink as much as Boehner and still have more will and fighting sense.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good, we need to get more TEA Party people through the gates of Mordor on the Potomac.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I was just lurking but I have to say, I think Tom is losing it…….
Tom get a quad rail and an eo-tech and be done with it……..;)

angrymike on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I do not want a quad rail!

Why has everyone lost their senses???!?!??!#?!@#?$#?

;)

tom daschle concerned on June 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

angrymike on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Lolz

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I am doing well!!..I hope you and your family are doing well!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I can drink as much as Boehner and still have more will and fighting sense.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

BUT, how do your caving skills match up to those of the Spelunker of the House???

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

burrata on June 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

If only Brewer had the courage and gall to do that. It would indeed be a beautiful sight to see.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I can drink as much as Boehner and still have more will and fighting sense.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Or his crying skillz… ;p

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Anyone ever watch old Untouchable episodes? I love that old show…

OmahaConservative on June 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

We should be so fortunate.

I am serious.

If the SCOAMF believes he can just ignore the Supreme Court – he would discover himself impeached and convicted by the Senate in nothing flat.

If you don’t believe me, my group of Eeroyish-tonight friends, do a head count of the Senators and remember many of them are already opening up a LOT of distance between themselves and the SCOAMF.

I believe most of them have “insider information” regarding Fast & Furious, realize most Americans have never heard of it before last week and know a scandal which makes Watergate look innocent by comparison will make THEIR lives VERY TOUGH.

Give them an easy out by Obama “going insane and overruling the Supreme Court” …….. and they will have him out of office in three days.

One other thing to remember – Obama is not the Clintons. He has never put in the time and effort of doing retail politics. Retail politics, for my money, kept Clinton safe when he was impeached.

For the SCOAMF? What goes around, comes around.

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I am doing well!!..I hope you and your family are doing well!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Very busy, but all is well, thank you. :)

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Tom
I am concerned about you……..lol
Slide-fire stocks are fun, get one of those, I highly recommend ……..;)

angrymike on June 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM

…..I just hope TS Debby doesn’t wash my neighborhood away before then.

joekenha on June 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

HA!!! I hadn’t really been paying attention to the weather news.
I thought you were talking about Wassermann-Schultz there for a moment.

LegendHasIt
on June 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Since they’re both associated with Florida (and other character similarities as well), I can understand your confusion.

listens2glenn on June 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Obama’s “I won” would have been quietly accepted by me, went back to my office, cursed and thrown crap around and then once I was speaker used every single opportunity I had to make Obama’s life miserable.

So Boehner beats me on caving—-and crying.

arnold ziffel on June 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Or his crying skillz… ;p

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Never meet him for a drink, they’ll all be watered down…

Gohawgs on June 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on June 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Try asking the people actually on the border about whether fewer are coming. I have it on good authority that the agents have been told not to report the numbers so that it looks good for DHS. Far more are crossing than being reported.

chemman on June 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM