Quotes of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on June 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

While the Supreme Court’s mixed decision on Monday on Arizona’s immigration enforcement law gave a big political boost to officials there who supported it, the ruling does not seem likely to unleash a new wave of legislation by other states to crack down on illegal immigration…

The court also allowed, and even invited, lawsuits against Arizona’s law that are based squarely on civil rights claims that it would lead to racial profiling against Latinos and other immigrants — issues that did not arise directly in the current case. Many civil rights groups, predicting that the police provision of the law would rapidly lead to discriminatory actions by officers once it takes effect, said on Monday that they were ready for that fight.

“If state governments enact new immigration bills, we say bring it on, we will see them in court,” said Anthony D. Romero, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union. His organization has participated with other rights groups in a separate lawsuit against Arizona over the law, known as S.B. 1070, and against immigration enforcement laws in other states.

***

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called it “a victory for the rule of law.” But for many police chiefs, Monday’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the “show me your papers” provision of SB 1070, the state’s immigration law, looks like a big headache

With officers across Arizona forced to walk a tightrope of legal complexity, cash-strapped municipalities also worry they could soon be defending a flurry of lawsuits by the federal government, civil rights activists and irate motorists — distracting police from their main goal of fighting crime.

“We absolutely expect lawsuits on both sides of this issue,” said Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor. “This will result in our officers being tied up in court rather than working on the streets to reduce crime.”

***

The provision requires police to make a reasonable attempt to check the immigration status of people they stop, even for an offense such as jay walking, if they suspect that they are an illegal immigrant.

But for Estrada, in Santa Cruz County where more than 80 percent of the population is Latino and where many speak Spanish at home, requiring deputies to try to determine the status of those they arrest and suspect are undocumented presents challenges.

“If you are going to guide yourself by the color and the language, you’re going to be racially profiling, so you are going to have to avoid that,” he said…

Smythe said he was concerned that if “the litigation arena got bad enough for any given city you could almost bankrupt the city in some kind of ridiculous legal battle.”

***

The Justice Department has set up a hotline for the public to report potential civil rights concerns regarding the Arizona law that requires police to check the immigration status of those they stop for other reasons.

The hotline phone number is 1-855-353-1010. The email is: SB1070(at)usdoj.gov.

***

The Department of Homeland Security’s refusal to cooperate with Arizona’s court-tested crackdown on illegal immigration has field agents fuming, FoxNews.com has learned…

The agent who talked to FoxNews.com said his colleagues are as outraged as he is and that federal policy makes it impossible to catch illegal immigrants who are criminals, unless they are caught in the act.

“The biggest problem with their catch-and-release method is that ICE does not have an effective process for identifying detainees,” he said. Most detainees do not carry identification on them and they voluntarily provide their name.

“This leads to a larger problem. … We already know that there are difficulties with confirming identities of detainees, so how can ICE be sure that they are not putting a criminal back on the street?”

***

“I think the common thread on his immigration responses since the primary has been that he is talking in politicalspeak, which means he has perfected the art of saying something without saying anything,” said Ana Novarro, a Republican strategist who served as co-chairwoman of Sen. John McCain’s National Hispanic Advisory Council during his 2008 presidential campaign.

“I think Mitt Romney can tap dance his way around the immigration issue until November, but he will pay a price with it. Not only with Latinos, but with other voters. Trepidation, ambiguity and equivocation are not qualities that the American people look for in a president,” she said.

***

Via Think Progress.

***

“This is now a lawless administration,” Hannity said, noting that our country has separation of powers and checks and balances. Davis retorted by offering Hannity “the facts.” He said the “Supreme Court itself said let’s be cautious about enforcing this law of these reasonable stops because it’s vague, and we are only ruling on a matter of federal power, not on other constitutional grounds.” Davis and Hannity then clashed over whether or not Obama said the immigration law would not be enforced. That’s where the lawlessness comes in, Hannity argued…

If the president “doesn’t like the law, he can change it,” he said. “But he’s got to get Congress to go along with him.”

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Good, we need to get more TEA Party people through the gates of Mordor on the Potomac.

SWalker on June 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

They are called reinforcements for the 60+ that we sent there 2 years ago. Maybe this time we will get enough tea party types to throw over our gonadless GOP leaders. We can HOPE!!

karenhasfreedom on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Cute story. Your daughter’s probably right, but I admire the Solomon in you. :)

I usually cringe at folks who type

It depends on the what your meaning of “id”, is.

then, post-back to correct to

It depends on the what your meaning of “is”, is.

I always want to (sometimes snarkily) comment, “Yes, we understood your TYPO, you moron…” Etc. I could go on, but what’s the point?

In this case, though, I was wondering just what the hell a “mad custard” was.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

In this case, though, I was wondering just what the hell a “mad custard” was.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I thought it was slang. Wicked custard, rad custard, mad custard.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I will now end my Tesla-string™ at three and say good night (again, lol).

I mean it this time! You kids keep it down! Uncle angry could be checkin’ in on you at any time, so…

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

In this case, though, I was wondering just what the hell a “mad custard” was.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

No, not mad, made.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yes, we understood your TYPO

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Dire Straits will saute you.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

It is actually good custard. Cold on that hot blueberry rollie pollie. Yum!

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I love the song, but I’ve never seen this video before.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Dire Straits will saute you.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Dire Straits will saute you.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Lolz.

The GOP will betray you.

Dire Straits will sauté you.

It rhymes.

Haha. Classic.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM

R.I.P. Nora Ephron.

You may disagree with her confused politics, but When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle were great chick flicks. And 71 is too young to go.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Amen. Speak no ill of the dead, they are beyond the strife and the fears, the hurt and the tears.

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Dave was not here here.

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I’m still watching the folks dance. Cracking me up.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Audio 1 RedCrow, Jon Kyle says the remedy is essentially political. Throw out the ones who aren’t serious about it. RedCrow, we had better get busy, we have a whole lot of throwing out to do.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 2:55 AM

She says that now… until the dogs rise up against their arbitrary masters.

I would’ve done the same thing, unless the dogs were of much different sizes. Then I’d have gone proportional.

John the Libertarian on June 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I’ve got tears in my eyes because I am still laughing at this!

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I feel bad for the people of Arizona, the LEO that ave to work under these precarious conditions, and I damn my old party for siding with foreigners.

BedBug on June 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM

SparkPlug on June 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM

You are correct..We are still looking for him!..:)

Dire Straits on June 27, 2012 at 3:00 AM

In this case, though, I was wondering just what the hell a “mad custard” was.

RedCrow on June 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I thought it was slang. Wicked custard, rad custard, mad custard.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Bmore, I was wrong.

Don’t ever change.

Goodnight, you most excellent group of crackpots

PolAgnostic on June 27, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Night, PolAgnostic!

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Evening BedBug, yes lack of control over the sovereignty of our borders is a very bad thing. Terrorist can come in very easily and do great harm. I have read Hezbollah has plans that are in the process of un folding as we speak. Not to mention the illegal immigration aspect. But here we are just enjoying yet another perfectly good crisis thanks in part to the Feds. But good evening all the same.; )

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Good Night PolAgnostic, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM

You won’t vote for him anyway. You’re still in the democrat’s fields, still picking their produce.
You haven’t bettered your situation. You’re just here for the goodies.
Stay in your own country and fix the problems.

BedBug on June 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Good evening, Bmore. Yes, this we can agree on completely.
We have no idea who is here.

BedBug on June 27, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Love the early stuff by Rolling Stones.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Arizona Ruling Only a Narrow Opening for Other States
By JULIA PRESTON

My Governor.

“It appears the court has upheld the major thrust of our state’s statute,” Mr. Deal said, “that states have the right to assist in enforcing federal immigration law.” An appeals court suspended parts of immigration enforcement laws in Georgia and in Alabama, awaiting the decision from the Supreme Court.

I think all the states that are willing are going to have to work on this together if the Feds continue to refuse.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM

BedBug, remember me saying we agree on more things than you might think? I still believe its true. Good place to start.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:18 AM

4Grace, I know you are always covered up busy, do you have a favorite way or thing you do to unwind? That is if you don’t mind me asking here. You can always let me know later if you do.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:21 AM

I have several. I’m doing one of them now…Listening to music with my headphones on. I love to listen, love to sing, love to play. Couldn’t make it without music. :)

I’ll tell you more faves later.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:18 AM

The healthcare law is a sticking point, as we foud last night, but I saw the conservative side and I understand, there needs to be less paper and more common sense on the law.
I think reforming Medicaid to handle the true uninsured and leaving everyone else with insurance alone would be a first step.
Then open up the market across stateliness.
Oh, and chain all the ambulance chasers to the bottom of the ocean and allow for tort reform.

BedBug on June 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:21 AM

BTW, did you listen to the RS tune I played at 3:10? It’s one of my all time favorites. I really, really like their early stuff.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I stayed up too late. Long days tomorrow & Thursday.

Night, B.

4Grace on June 27, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Crap, look at the time, I have some huge files that have to be uploaded yet. I better call it a night. I won’t have bandwidth for both,; (

Dire, I owe you a tune, I’ll give you two tomorrow.

$Grace I see your reply and will talk to you soon. ; )

BedBug, No worries, like I said most folks here have a lot to share if you are sincerely interested. I have told the ones here I know, that I think you sincerely are. So…………

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM

From a letter from Issa to Obama: “”Either you or your most senior advisers were involved in managing Operation Fast and Furious and the fallout from it, including the false Feb. 4, 2011 letter provided by the attorney general to the committee. Or, you are asserting a presidential power that you know to be unjustified solely for the purpose of further obstructing a congressional investigation.”

Issa may well have a “Deep Throat” who has said definitively that Obama was very much involved, and early and often, in what can very reasonable be described as a slow motion 9/11 against citizens of Mexico.

By any reasonable standard, Obama and Holder are in all likelihood guilty of terrorism and mass murder.

How could any self-respecting Hispanic even consider voting for Obama in 2012?

VorDaj on June 27, 2012 at 3:33 AM

$Grace = 4Grace LOL! Sorry 4Grace. Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on June 27, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Goodnight Bmore.

BedBug on June 27, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Good Morning!

like clockwork, the mj crew is digging that nbc poll showing dear leader up…its a great poll according to them…

blech
————————————————-

and yet that is what we got for 4 years….

dear leader NEVER ran on specifics just all hopey changey crapola….

mitt will get specific once the debates roll around me thinks….

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 6:40 AM

hola amigos.

cmsinaz, como estas, buenos dias.

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Morning.
Yep, I turned to Fox and Friends after Moaning Joe’s Andrea Mitchell and John Heilmann were going on and on about Dear Leader’s awful month of June and how it was such a wonderful month for him! with the new NBC poll.
I wish Brian Kilmeade and Doocey weren’t such jr. high schoolers.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

front page of the arizona republic…illegal aliens staying put in arizona, won’t be leaving anytime soon…they want to see what happens since ICE won’t do anything once the cops determine they are illegal….

i’m sure they have their cell phones in hand ready to call the hotline and cry racial profiling….

what gets me are all these news folks talking to illegals and never calling the police on them…

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

O/T: Have you heard about Carter slamming Obama? Pot meet kettle.

kingsjester on June 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM

bien….bueno dias

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

*sigh*

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM

“Papers? We don’t need no stinkin’ papers!”

kingsjester on June 27, 2012 at 6:51 AM

kingsjester on June 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM

i remember….

_________________________

ot: rangel wins his primary….new york dems, you have no one to blam…hatch wins big as well…

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Morning Joe going on and on and on and on about Nora Ephron. She was apparently a BIG celebrity LIB.
Don’t you love all Joe’s personal stories about Malta and Paris food and Nora? That’s a “Republican” who loves being part of the Manhattan cocktail party circuit.

Joe sounds like he and Nora talked on the phone for hours every day, both in their fluffy bunny pink slippers and wearing bathrobes.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM

The rejoined from Gov. Romney on immigration (and just about everything else) would be to say: ‘I will enforce all the duly enacted laws of the United States. Where Congress does not adequately budget to enforce those laws I will ask them for redress and if that is forthcoming I will ask Congress to tell me which laws they do not want fully enforced. I am more than willing to work with Congress to determine which laws should and should not be fully enforced, and that will come with the necessary understanding that those laws that Congress cannot provide funding for, that Congress tells me are not vital for enforcement priorities should be repealed as laws by Congress. I will duly sign such repeals so as to streamline the US Code.’

Congress is in ‘there ought to be a law’ mode and needs to have it brought forth to them that every brainfart of a good idea is a burden to the US government and the people and takes away from the enforcement of vital laws to protect the Nation. Don’t try to make or un-make laws via Executive action or inaction: throw that back into the proper domain of it which is the Legislative Branch and get these collection of idiots to see the problems they cause via over-legislation. By Legislation every good-feeling thing is passed by Congress and yet they do not properly allocate funds for the necessary and limited items given to the federal government to accomplish.

Obama wants to run against Congress.

Romney can point to where the true problem of non-enforcement is coming from which is not the Executive Branch but the Legislative and that, duly informed by the Executive the Legislative can be informed that what they ask for is impossible and it is time to cut back on the pig trough approach.

You want to hear squeals from the Establishment? THAT would do it.

ajacksonian on June 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Joe’s a sell-out squish…and a wuss.

kingsjester on June 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Claire McCaskill coming up on Moaning Joe. See if she gets asked why she’s not going to the Democrat Convention.
THREE current United States Senators boycotting the Democrat Convention: Tester, McCaskill, and Manchin.

As AllahPundit said, if this was George Bush the headlines would SCREAM how radical and toxic he is.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM

very sorry for her passing, but you’d think she was the head of msdnc or something they are so focused on her…

kingsjester on June 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM

that too

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM

crickets about the convention….

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM

ANOTHER HOUR on Nora Ephron.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Fox News focusing on all the Dems skipping the Convention

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

how do you guys subject yourselves to that morning joe ridiculousness….?

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Hoyer: Some Dems Will Vote To Hold Holder In Contempt For Fast And Furious

WASHINGTON (AP) — Now that the politically potent National Rifle Association is keeping score, some Democrats may join House Republicans if there’s a vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress in a dispute over documents related to a botched gun-tracking operation.

The chief Democratic House head counter, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, declined to tell reporters how many defections he expected, but acknowledged that some in his party would consider heeding the NRA’s call for a “yes” vote.

Flora Duh on June 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM

like dogs who havent eaten in week heilmann, mitchell, scarborough and mike droll over nbc’s poll showing mitts business experience as a negative. joe says never in the history of politics has he seen someone business experience, serve as a negative. hahahahahaha!!!!!!

what a clown show.

renalin on June 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

i’ll switch over for a little bit…

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

not a big fan of fox and friends or soledad

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:12 AM

The past two weeks have offered Mitt Romney numerous opportunities to clarify his stance on immigration — and every time the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has taken a pass…

I do not think this is true at all.

Romney has offered more concrete measures in terms of immigration than Obama ever did…and as far as this statement is concerned Romney said he would replace it with long term solutions.

That seems a lot more concise than the crap we have heard out of Democrats on this issue. The truth is Romney has always been stronger on this issue than the other candidate. Romney did not support the 2006 bill or the DREAM Act.

That does not mean however, that he is not willing to work with someone like Rubio to come up with alternatives. At least he is supporting employment verification and a secure border.

Terrye on June 27, 2012 at 7:14 AM

what a clown show.

renalin on June 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM

You would think that might make them wonder about the poll.

Terrye on June 27, 2012 at 7:16 AM

had to go back….

mitt romney is being defined by obama according to joe….delusional…

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM

how do you guys subject yourselves to that morning joe ridiculousness….?

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Because I like a bit of serious political talk, even if it is all liberal.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM

the morning joe crowd pretty happy this morning. obama up in the swing states where the economy is getting better. despite weeks of bad news the bamster is still up in (their fake) polls.

some lib who wrote sleepless in seattle just died, so they are going on and on. anything to avoid F&F

renalin on June 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Claire McCaskill must be scared out of her mind. She won’t even identify as liberal on Moaning Joe, and UpChuck Todd and Scarborough are covering for her big time. “Oh, we understand why you’re skipping the convention.”

She looks like a loon. She must be so far behind! “I’m bipartisan. I’m bipartisan. I’m moderate. I’m bipartisan.”

Any Missouri Republican just needs to show her folding like a cheap lawn chair on ObamaCare.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM

surprised they even brought up the convention….

obama has been more negative and that is a good thing now
remember being negative was a bad thing for the gop according to this crew….

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Bi-partisan – having a vested interest in Big Government and working with anyone of any stripe to continue its expansion.

Give me good old partisans going hammer and tongs over legislation, removing parts that can’t get passed and getting the minimal necessary to keep the government running on-track. Right now ‘bi-partisan’ means: spend on everything, everywhere, with larger government NOW.

Partisans know where they stand and have firm ground beneath them.

Bi-partisans walk on quicksand and are now sinking in the very pit of it that they created and do not want to be called out for their lack of anything to stand on.

You an run, Sen. McCaskill, but you can no longer hide.

ajacksonian on June 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM

how do you guys subject yourselves to that morning joe ridiculousness….?

ted c on June 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Because I like a bit of serious political talk, evenifitisallliberal. Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocey always act like idiots. It’s unwatchable to me. They should move Bill Hemmer to the entire show and quit trying to make it a comedy/variety show.

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Neither Doocy nor Kilmeade can get a coherent sentence out of their mouths. One smart woman cannot carry those two goofballs. The weekend show crew is much more watchable IMO.

Bill Hemmer would be a big improvement, Marcus.

Naturally Curly on June 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM

The weekend show crew is much more watchable IMO.

Bill Hemmer would be a big improvement, Marcus.

Naturally Curly on June 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM

i’ll give you that….

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Here’s what you’re missing if you’re not watching Moaning Joe:

Moaning Joe: Tell me ’bout them there polls, Chuck.

Chuck Todd: The president doesn’t need white voters, Joe. He can just throw them to the wind and we will never, ever be troubled by Joe Six Pack ever again. He’s building a new coalition that will consist of young college kids who have no idea how bad the job market is; single women in need of a sugar daddy; the functionally illiterate; and those who will be bused to their polling station with the help of millions of dollars in organized labor money. This is really exciting, Joe.

Moaning Joe: Back in ’94… when I was in Congress… I had a challenger… who ran ads against me. I won my race… back in ’94.

Mika Brzezinski: I smell bad.

Moaning Joe: Ha! Ha! Ha! Yes you do, Mika! Yes you do.

Andrea Mitchell: Ssssssss…. Hakakaka… Sssssssss… Hakakaka…

Chuck Todd: Not according to our numbers, Andrea. What we’re seeing is a *huge* shift in favor of President Obama because people the world over are seeing an improvement in the economy… despite reality and the numbers, of course.

Punchenko on June 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I would appear that poverty is now our biggest import.

tommyboy on June 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Punchenko on June 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

You forgot Joe’s “people run up to me all the time….”

Any time he’s Republican bashing it’s because apparently Joe can’t walk in public without a bunch of Republicans “running up” to him all the time and telling him how much they hate the Tea Party, hate Sarah Palin, love Obama…….

Marcus on June 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM

And the GOP will accuse Obama of just doing this to let his “Arab Spring” friends cross our borders without fear of federal intervention when?

Bodies are dead folks and he continues to play poker with our sovereignty….

Don L on June 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Punchenko on June 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

cmsinaz on June 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

For the life of me I don’t understand where this futile fight to go right at the possible 30 million illegal aliens in this country is going to get us. I suspect the republicans are in on the charade. A few months ago Romney mentioned “self deportation” and he was ridiculed by people on both sides. The truth is that it works every time. Any time the immigration department has targeted an area, the illegals move on to a friendlier environment. In Gainesville, Georgia during the Bush administration when the INS targeted the poultry industry many Mexicans (yes, that is really who our problem is with, Mexicans) disappeared from jobs and moved on to other areas and states. The economic downturn of the past 5 years has resulted not only in a slow down of the number coming across the border (which is sure to increase with the obama amnesty) but many headed back to Mexico. Self deportation is a very real effect. There is no way we could round up 30 million and send them back. First; The incentive to come here and stay here has to be taken away. The first step is through the business licensing agencies of the states. Get caught employing an illegal instead of an American citizen, have your occupation license suspended. Get caught with a kitchen full of illegals, your liquor license is suspended for 6 months the first time, 1 year the second and permanently revoked if it happens a third. No liquor license? Then you lose the ability to sell food, period, for the time of the suspension. Most restaurants could not survive a months shutdown or even loss of liquor sales. Big chain like McDonalds, Chilis or LongHorn? Not only does the offending restaurant get penalized but every other restaurant the company owns in the county of the offending restaurant suffers the same penalty. These corporations would never high an illegal again. Landscaper? Your license is suspended just like the restaurants and each time your insurance company is notified. Illegal gets arrested? Then the apartment complex or landlord loses thier certifiacte of occupancy for the dwelling where they lived for 6 months and thier insurance company and mortgage holder are notified. You get the message. If all the states in the south implemented these laws all the illegals would head for california or new york and how quickly would the views of the knee jerk liberals change in those states?
Second; There has to be a significant effort to define what is really going on with the migration from Mexico and South and Central America. It is not the descendants of the european conquerors that are coming across the borders, it is the indigent people. In Mexico City the population looks more like an American city, not like the people who are being pushed out of thier native countries. There is a diaspora of the native peoples to the US because they are being starved and neglected now that thier cheap labor is in over supply. They are a burden that Mexico wants to rid it self of at the expense of American citizens. It will never happen but someone has to scream out the truth in the US. If the illegal migration is not stymied, what will happen is that we will continue to be over run, our political system will be further corrupted and at some point those who are left in Mexico will attempt to overthrow the caste system and we will find a civil war to our south that will make the drug wars look tame that will likely result, no matter the outcome, in a very hostile enemy country directly to our south. In addition, we will have a very large, non-English speaking population with an extremely radical, angry and bitter world view living in our midst and a political system that will allow them to call the shots. There will be no where to go because Canada, Australia and New Zealand will have closed thier borders at that point and who would want to live in a muslim europe?

peacenprosperity on June 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Oh my….have folks seen the Quinnipiac poll release this morning?

libfreeordie on June 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Here is a link from a recent NYTIMES article, in which a program called Secure Communities is discussed. Gov. Patrick and Gov. Cuomo are listed as not wanting this program, but having it forced on them by the feds. But it says that the police will share the info with the feds and the perps will be picked up by ICE if they have marks against them.

It was my impression that this was going to be done in every state, and that in 2006 when we started in it, it was just an experiment. Our experience in MA is that many of the illegals here, get caught driving badly without a license.

They kill people, they kill themselves and their children are often the victims, thrown from cars because they don’t use seat belts. They drink and drive, literally at the wheel.

This article points out that Cuomo and Patrick are very very worried about profiling and want to ease off on the double jeopardy when these people get caught endangering the community with a deadly vehicle. What local people don’t like is that the catch and release attitude ends up that they are not punished for a crime that would RUIN YOUR LIFE, YOUR KIDS LIFE, or if your teenager accidentally did any of these things they would be in jail for life. The policy here is that if you are a non person with no legal identity, you get set free, catch and release. They don’t show up back at court, you know. They change their identity. Near my house, a nice young lady was caught speeding home from her job two streets away from The Chicken Bone of recent fame, with the paperwork/i.d. cards for working under four identities. Hard working girl. Anecdotal, I know.

Howie Carr, a popular talk radio guy and nationally known newspaper man and author repeats a saying on his show that goes:
“I only want to be treated as fairly as an illegal immigrant.” The laws here are much harsher on the normal people than on those who get a pass for “ignorance” of abiding by the law. Ignorance of the law traditionally, Used-to-be, no excuse. We used to be able to say that Justice should be Blind.

If a normal person is stopped for speeding, and they have a problem with their car insurance, car registration, or forgot to renew their drivers license, you are handcuffed and treated like a criminal.

It is not my fault that the illegals are too ignorant to drive safely, and not even smart enough to know that you have to drive well to hide in our society. And take the bus if you don’t have a legal driver’s license. So, all the complaining about profiling, one might conclude that these Visitors, have a gene for bad driving. Or maybe, the rest of us might conclude there is nothing racial about it.

Fleuries on June 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM