Is DWS done as DNC chairwoman?

posted at 12:41 pm on June 25, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

When it comes to facepalm-worthy political gaffes, Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has given Vice President Biden a run for his money. While nobody could doubt her fierce loyalty to President Obama, the execution of her vociferous defense is often somewhat… wanting. From insisting that Republicans hope to “literally” drag the nation back to the era of Jim Crow laws (and then trying to deny she had said any such thing, after she had said it on camera), to calling Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget proposal a “tornado through nursing homes,” her tenure has been fraught with hostile and outrageous comments that provide Republicans with continued gifts of political fodder.

From the Shark Tank, it looks like Democrats are just about ready to call it quits with Debbie’s leadership, and are giving her a gentle shove out the door after November’s elections regardless of the results.

We now have learned that Wasserman Schultz will not be back as DNC Chairwoman after the November elections.

According to our source within the Democratic Party, who is also a close associate of Wasserman Schultz, the arrangements have already been made for her to leave DNC  regardless if President Obama wins re-election or not.

This same source believes that Wasserman Schultz will be forced to resign behind closed doors and then stage an press event in which she tells Americans that her job as the DNC chair was a temporary one and that she is moving on with her congressional career.

The National Journal corroborated last week:

When Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida was tapped last year to lead the Democratic National Committee, it seemed like the latest ascension for a fast-rising star destined for even higher positions. Some stumbles and an apparent falling out of favor with the White House had changed that calculus. Now it looks like it could be changing again.

Talk is that Wasserman Schultz will not be asked to serve another term at the DNC, regardless of whether she helps President Obama win a second term. Yet the native New Yorker could use that to her advantage, as she reportedly now has her eye on a House leadership post—perhaps even the highest.

For a second there, thinking about the possibility of DWS holding the Speaker’s gavel seemed positively ludicrous, but then cold reality washed over me, and I remembered that this woman presided over the House of Representatives and is still the Minority Leader, so I wouldn’t put anything past the House Democrats. The mind reels.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What’s the old saying?

If she had a brain, she’d be dangerous.

jaydee_007 on June 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!11!!111!!!

Lost in Jersey on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

If the Wisconsin UnioncRATs wouldn’t dump Mike Tate, what makes anybody think DWS is on the chopping block?

Steve Eggleston on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Whoever thought that picking DWS as DNCCCCP chair was a good idea should also be shoved out. Or, as far as I’m concerned, given a huge bonus.

steebo77 on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Wa Wa…..

DWS in 2020! Do I need the sarc tag?

Oil Can on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

She will be missed. What a loon. Who can take her place? Van Jones? Don Savage?
Sheila Jackson Lee!!!

pat on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Oh my, I hope not.

WisRich on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

No, no! Don’t get rid of Debbie. I find her so entertaining and, as the article said, a gift to Republicans. Please, Democrats, keep the incompetent, air-headed Debbie with her continuous nuggest of stupidity in her present job.

lukjuj on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Oh, goodie!
She’ll bring us more laughs right on through Election Day.

itsnotaboutme on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I like her right where she is.

But, in the words of EJ, I’ll miss her when she’s gone.

faraway on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I hope not! dws needs to stay as does carney and dear joe! It is a daily laugh from them with the sheer stupid statements!
L

letget on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

She will be missed. What a loon. Who can take her place? Van Jones? Don Savage?
Sheila Jackson Lee!!!

pat on June 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Alan “Die Quickly” Grayson

22044 on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

What ?
No more petty woman ?
I kindda like her :O

burrata on June 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Who could they get who could represent the DemocRAT Party and be an even greater embarrassment?

Why not Moochelle Obama? She’ll be available starting in 2013, and she needs a new “no show” job.

DWS has proven that DNC chair pretty much IS a “no show” job, all Moochelle would have to do is spout off some insults about her country (that she certainly won’t be proud of come January) and sound like an idiot.

It’s not as if she can resume her previous career of (NOT) practicing law (no license) and I doubt the hospital will want her back to her previous (LOL) position of enabling patient dumping by not showing up for work because her husband is a Senator.

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

DWS’s incompetence is like a tornado running through the DNC, and I couldn’t care less.

BKennedy on June 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

You can always count on Debbuh to score on her own goal.

HeckOnWheels on June 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Oh, goodie!
She’ll bring us more laughs right on through Election Day.

itsnotaboutme on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Looks like Debbie Downer has been picked to go under the Obamabus for the landslide loss…

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Not that I want to see the DNC make a smart decision, but really… why wait until November?

Droopy on June 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

God, please preserve her in the position, and Carney too.

Schadenfreude on June 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

How and what can I do to stop this tragedy from happening?

Looks like the donks don’t like women in power…or paying them the same as men…or…

jukin3 on June 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Here is your answer.

Alan “Die Quickly” Grayson

22044 on June 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

WisRich on June 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Oh, goodie!
She’ll bring us more laughs right on through Election Day.

After November? Well, then all is well. She will remain a vital asset for the remainder of this election cycle. I’m sure all her valiant media efforts and hard work will be appropriately rewarded.

hawkeye54 on June 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Failure is a resume enhancer for democrats. She will do fine.

WhatNot on June 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Debbie’s lies are so outrageous that it’s actually fun to watch her.

Mord on June 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Hank Johnson for DNCC Chair?

steebo77 on June 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It doesn’t matter what she says, the only thing that matters is how much money she can raise for the party. She rises or falls on that alone.

PackerBronco on June 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Goodbye Baghdad Boob.

50sGuy on June 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Darn, she’s been such an ass et.

Cindy Munford on June 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

One shrew replacing another shrew. Democrats sure can pick em.

rubberneck on June 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

First Howard Dean, then Lil Debbie. Is being intellectually banrupt a prerequisite to be DNC. It will be interesting who the next babbling fool will be. Too bad Pelosi is leader of the Congressional demorats because she would take the insanity required to be DNC to levels never before seen.

volsense on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

So when dear Liar isn’t reelected (racists!) she will be blamed. Designated fall clown.

rbj on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

To be honest I’m surprised they are keeping her until November.
They should have dumped her six months ago.
It is mind boggling the way she can describe any event as the exact opposite of what it really is with a straight face.

For example she described the Wisconsin recall as a win for Democrats when EVERYBODY knows what a crushing defeat it was and if Obamacare goes down on Thursday she will somehow spin it as a good thing for the President when EVERYBODY knows it will be a humiliating defeat.

NeoKong on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

And in this corner Debbie “The Reptile” Schulz vs San Fran “The Zomble Pelosi. “Make the popcorn Henry, the cat fight of the century is about to begin!”

stormridercx4 on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I say we compel Biden to impregnate DWS and donate the resulting spawn to Smithsonian as Golden Standard of stupidity.

Archivarix on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

…oh please no!…she has been the best thing for Republicans since… I don’t know when… and, the only thing that could come close mentally would be Alan Grayson or Shiela Lee Jackson…but they are not as revolting looking…by a nose!

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

War on Women!

mankai on June 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Herr’UnWisenShultz is a empty FemBot,
programmed by the DNC,to only parrot and reiterate,
the deeply embedded audio tape!!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

It’d really be funny if she failed to get re-elected as well as losing the DNC chair job.

44Magnum on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Who would have thought little Debbie would have so much support around here.. lol

RockyJ. on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

rbj on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

….noooooooooo!…she’ll be eaten!…He eats dogs!

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Ol’ Debs is like herpes..the gift that keeps on giving. She’ll be sorely missed.

HumpBot Salvation on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Well, we’ll still have her to kick around until the election.

She’s like an Albatross around their neck.

JeffWeimer on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

volsense on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

A certain degree of insanity is required to BE a democRAT these days. So it stands to reason their leaders must be even more so.

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM

She’s the epitome of the Left … she’s a Commie, she’s a fanatic, and she’s an incompetent.

The rest of the Commies in Congress are no different than she is. To remove her would be like plucking one weed out of a field full of them.

I want to vomit, at the thought of these pigs in Congress, and in the Oval Office.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I hear she got this new gig all lined up. She is their new spokesperson for a new line of shampoo.

D-fusit on June 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Archivarix on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Did you just give away the ending to Prometheus?

50sGuy on June 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM

What does the DNC need to pay a chairwoman when MS-DNC performs the service for free?

Anyway, who ever replaces her will be another lying picture of complete inanity, so what’s the difference?

NoDonkey on June 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

DWS- Dancing With Stupidity.

birdwatcher on June 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

==========================================

I nominate,

Gaum Tip Over Extraordinaire….

……Hank Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

outrageous nonsensical statements are the hallmark of democratic leadership. I think she has a bright future in the party. blind allegiance to the party are what moves you up, not clear thinking or logic.

exceller on June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Damn.

It was so easy to point at that libtard and hold her up as a shining example of liberal brainpower….she always gave us laughs at the expense of dim-witted Dems.

Further….it was so much fun to flame her absolutely partisan, clueless, gaffes and lies.

I’m really gonna miss this oily skank.

Tim_CA on June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

At least now she’ll have time to wash her hair.

tommyboy on June 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM

And the Democrats consider this a problem since when?

They are probably kicking her out because she hasn’t been vicious enough…

Mr. Arkadin on June 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Other Jobs DWS Might As Well Angle For:

Talkshow host on Current TV.
Spokesperson for invisible braces.
Presenter during Shark Week.
Double agent for the GOP. (oh, wait…)

Others?

apostic on June 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

==========================================

I nominate,

Gaum Tip Over Extraordinaire….

……Hank Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Bummer, beat me to it! My inside sources tell me he’s a shoo in!

acyl72 on June 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I’m really gonna miss this oily skank.

Tim_CA on June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I’m so demoralized, that this nation has produced so many millions of these Commie cockroaches.

Thanks for the laugh – I needed it.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Please keep her on………no one does it like Debbie.

OBAMA / WASSERMAN-SCHULTZIE 2012!!!!

PappyD61 on June 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Obummer: “Stifle your self Debbie!”

KS Rex on June 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

God I hope she sticks around. When she came to Oklahoma the Republican state chairman offered free rides to Democrat incumbents to go get their pictures taken with her. No takers.

Meric1837 on June 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

At least now she’ll have time to wash her hair.

tommyboy on June 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM

That’s not hair, that’s a toupee.

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I’m seeing double! 1 DWS is enough!!!

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

stormridercx4 on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Yes! My thought exactly. I hope they televise it. Heck, I’d even pay to watch DWS fight it out with SanFranNan for House Minority Leader. If the RNC could secure the media rights to it, it could be the RNC’s biggest fundraiser of the century! (Not to mention a century’s worth of political ad fodder.)

catsandbooks on June 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hank Johnson for DNCC Chair?

steebo77 on June 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Ok, just don’t put too many people in his office. We wouldn’t want it to tip over.

gravityman on June 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Petty woman :

Petty woman, leading DNC
Petty woman,
the kind I like to kick
Petty woman

I don’t believe you, you’re not the truth
No one could look as f#ked as you
Pity

Petty woman,
won’t you lie to me?
Petty woman,
I couldn’t help but see
Petty woman

Then you look ugly as can be
Are you lonely like mooooochy?
Cow

Petty woman,
stop a while
Petty woman,
shut a while
Petty woman,
give some quiet to me

Petty woman, yeah yeah yeah
Petty woman, look my way
Petty woman, say won’t stay with me

‘Cause I need you, I’ll bleat you right
Come with me baby, be a swine tonight

Petty woman,
please walk on by
Petty woman,
don’t make me try
Petty woman, please walk away, hey, okay

If that’s the way it ‘s not be okay
I guess I’ll go on home, it’s late
There’ll be tomorrow night,
but wait

What do I see
Why she walking back to me ?
Oh she’s walking back to me

Oh, nooooh, petty woman

burrata on June 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

It seems to me, that she’d fit right in with that orange trash on The Jersey Shore.

Could that be her next gig?

OhEssYouCowboys on June 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I hope she does become the House Minority Leader. The movie version will be called Debbie Does the Demonrat Party.

Gladtobehere on June 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Archivarix on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Pelosi already has been slotted for that exhibit, DWS, Sheila Jackson Lee, and Maxine Waters will be in a subsidiary wing of the display.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

44Magnum on June 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Oh that would certainly be the icing on the cake, that and watching the melt down on MSNBC. I’d have some real tears of joy over that one.

doublezero12 on June 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Dunzo

Dunza

Schadenfreude on June 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

The dems war on women.

Vince on June 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I’ve been wondering why that gigantic yap of hers hasn’t been polluting our airwaves lately. The good news is they have a very deep field of possible candidates to choose from that could easily match intellect.

antipc on June 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Cher O’Kee could become the first Native American woman to breast feed while chairing the DNC.

Flange on June 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

They wouldn’t be pushing her out if Obama had her back.

Why does Obama hate women?

AZCoyote on June 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

The dems war on women.

Vince on June 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Heh.

Tim_CA on June 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I see what you did there…Heh.

Battlecruiser-operational on June 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM

buh bye dippity do

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I think it’s a bit of a leap for the ‘rats to believe this ‘oily skank’ will still be in Congress after the November elections!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm barry’s war on womenses

keithofboston on June 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Archivarix on June 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Problem is, I don’t think any of those “women” ever had ovaries, eggs, or wombs.

wildcat72 on June 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Could that be her next gig?

OhEssYouCowboys on June 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

I heard she is talking with Playboy.

docflash on June 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

NOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOO!!!!

thirtyandseven on June 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Debbie Downer has been the gift that kept giving– we will regret it when she’s gone if they actually replace her with someone half competent…

The only thing that gives me any consolation is the thought of her becoming their new House Minority leader. I can’t think of anyone more qualified to carry on Fancy Nancy’s legacy of competence, non-partisanship, and logical thought.

thurman on June 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM

They wouldn’t be pushing her out if Obama had her back.

Why does Obama hate women?

AZCoyote on June 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

He’s TFGP.

Gladtobehere on June 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Well, now that she got fired, Debbie will have more time to post her at HA. You just thought Joana was annoying before.

I nominate Maxine Waters. Oh yeah.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

NO! Please don’t let it be true!

Red Cloud on June 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

She’s a natural for House leadership, scorched Earth policy and all fit’s right in with today’s dems…

Tim Zank on June 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Dumping DWS from DNC Chair? WAR ON WOMEN!

dczombie on June 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Perhaps they can find someone with more syllables.

In the meantime…

She could while away the hours
Talkin’ to the flowers
If she only had a brain!

Galtian on June 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

You mean they got somebody better?

stukinIL4now on June 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

doublezero12 on June 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Yessss, this….

The tears the MESSNBCers cry are salty, and they taste GOOOOOOOD!!!!

44Magnum on June 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I heard she is talking with Playboy.

docflash on June 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

short Playboy stock and go long on barf-bag companies.

teejk on June 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Couldn’t happen to a nicer brillo pad.

gravityman on June 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

They need to get someone a little less abrasive, like Alan Grayson.

The Rogue Tomato on June 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Surprised that DWS is leaving the DNC chair spot so soon (presuming it’s true). Dims love dirty fighters–so why wouldn’t they want her staying on in that spot?

And it doesn’t surprise me at all that DWS has ambitions to take over from Aunt Clara. We’ll be hearing from Debbie WashYerHair Sheesh for a long time.

MisterElephant on June 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

“talking points robot” is my favorite phrase ever provided from the team here! Every time I see DWS that is all I can think of because that is all she does. She will not resign – she will simply have her micro-chip reprogrammed with a 2012 hair makeover

drivingtheview on June 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

we need a new pix…combine with Howard Dean and Jay Carney…

teejk on June 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Noooo. Please, keep her. Let her continue to be the face of the Democrat party.

Right Mover on June 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

It’s a shame she won’t lose in November.

ButterflyDragon on June 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hank Johnson for DNCC Chair?

steebo77 on June 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

steebo77:I salute you,ya beat me to it!:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Don’t think of it as being ousted, Debbie. Think of it as your town creating or saving the job of Village Idiot.

Hollowpoint on June 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM