Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on June 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

With the Supreme Court likely to render judgment on President Obama’s health care law this week, the White House and Congress find themselves in a position that many advocates of the legislation once considered almost unimaginable.

In passing the law two years ago, Democrats entertained little doubt that it was constitutional. The White House held a conference call to tell reporters that any legal challenge, as one Obama aide put it, “will eventually fail and shouldn’t be given too much credence in the press.”…

“It led to some people taking it too lightly,” said a Congressional lawyer who like others involved in drafting the law declined to be identified before the ruling. “It shouldn’t strike anybody as a close call,” the lawyer added, but “given where we are now, do I wish we had focused even more on this? I guess I would say yes.”…

Adversaries said the law’s proponents had been too attentive to liberal academics who shaped public discussion. “There’s very little diversity in the legal academy among law professors,” said Randy E. Barnett, a Georgetown University law professor and a leading thinker behind the challenge. “So they’re in an echo chamber listening to people who agree with them.”

***

Some prominent legal scholars say a series of tactical decisions by President Obama’s legal team may have hurt the chances of saving his landmark health-care legislation from being gutted by Supreme Court conservatives…

Obama, a former constitutional law instructor, and White House lawyers helped shape a legal strategy essentially portraying health care as a unique marketplace that Congress, under the Constitution’s interstate commerce clause, could regulate by imposing the requirement that consumers buy insurance before receiving treatment or pay a penalty…

The critics say the administration failed to fully develop arguments tailored to the court’s conservative members, who often look to the original intentions of the Founding Fathers for guidance. The critics represent a small but influential group of scholars who believe that this “originalist” thinking — typically dismissed by the left as outmoded and dangerous to modern precedents such as the Roe v. Wade abortion ruling — could be used effectively to defend liberal laws. Some say that Obama, who has criticized the originalist view, and lawyers in his administration may have decided for ideological reasons to steer clear of a conservative-seeming argument — a suggestion deemed absurd by administration officials.

***

[E]ven if the White House is a fortress of message discipline, it cannot disguise the potential heartbreak for Mr. Obama, who managed to achieve a decades-old Democratic dream despite long odds and at steep cost.

If he loses both his law and re-election, many will conclude “that he bet on his major reform, and the Supreme Court defeated it, and he lost his hold on the presidency,” Robert Dallek, the presidential historian, said in an interview…

As the brutal fight continued, the president sacrificed more and more in its name: an overhaul of energy and environmental laws, greater focus on economic issues, some of his own popularity and that of House Democrats, who eventually lost their hard-won majority. “Michelle and I are perfectly comfortable if we’re only here one term if we feel like we really accomplished something,” he told aides…

If the court strikes down the mandate and Mr. Obama wins in November, he could face one last version of his perpetual choice on health care: would he settle, learning to live with a sharply edited law? (Given that Republicans see the bill as a signature piece of big-government overreach, he might have no choice.) Or would he expend yet more precious capital on health care?

***

But the fact is that if the mandate falls next week, nothing will happen. Then the next week, nothing will happen. Nothing again the week after that, and nothing will continue to happen for the next 70 weeks, which is roughly when the bulk of the law takes effect. In the meantime, Congress can do something, or it can do nothing, Democratically controlled states can step in, or not. If lawmakers move aggressively and fix it in advance, great. If they don’t and then in 2014 the reforms start to wobble, Congress will do something, or a lot of states will pass their own laws to broaden the risk pools, and things will settle down. That’s my hunch at least — that if the policy becomes unsustainable, then the politics of not fixing it will be unsustainable too.

Presumably that’s why President Obama’s telling his supporters he might have to “revisit” health care in his second term, rather than, say, in the middle of the campaign, when he’ll probably want to avoid using the word “mandate” altogether. If he loses, then of course the mandate’s probably dead. But in that case, it stands to reason that the mandate and much of the rest of the law will vanish anyway, regardless of what the Court does. Which I guess is a long way of saying there’s an appeal to both approaches but it’s the sort of problem that, perhaps inelegantly, will eventually solve itself.

***

I expect, as I think most of us do, an unfriendly decision (from the Democratic point of view) on the health-care law. Can’t yet say how unfriendly; at the very least, an overturning of the individual mandate, and maybe more. Assuming that’s correct, the question immediately becomes how the president and the Democrats should respond. There’s very little they can do legislatively. But I’ll be watching for rhetoric, tone, even body language. And on those counts, they had damn well better dispense with the usual liberal woe-is-me hand-wringing and shoulder slumping and come out swinging. They had better communicate to their base that they stand for something, it’s important to them, and they’re pissed. And if they do it the right way, they can make the Supreme Court an issue this fall in a way that might even persuade some swing voters that the court overstepped its bounds. I’d go so far as to say that an aggressive response can reset and reframe the whole health-care debate, once Americans have had their minds focused on this by a blatantly partisan court…

[Obama] needs to stand up there and get mad. The law may be unpopular, but he and the Democrats are stuck with it, and being stuck with it, they need to stick by it. Almost never before in American history has a Supreme Court taken a law duly passed by the people’s representatives and in just two years’ time invalidated it. If that isn’t legislating from the bench, what is? Mr. Cool needs to get Hot. Against unanimous and ferocious opposition, and in the face of blatant lies about what this bill would and would not do, he and the Democrats came up with a way for people with cancer and diabetes and what have you to get the treatment they need and not be either turned away or gouged. He’s proud of that, he ought to say, and by God, he’s going to fight for it. That provision of the law is wildly popular—85 percent supported that, in a late-March New York Times survey. If you can’t play offense with 85 percent of the people behind you, I give up.

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

OmahaConservative on June 25, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Will do OC!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Tell him to stop buying imports. They’re all pasteurized, so they taste the same. Skunky. Buy microbrews in the U.S. That’s the good stuff.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM

The microbrews here in San Diego are just off the hook.

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

It’s not a fancy beer, just a nice pale lager.

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:15 AM

lolz..After 4 does it matter??..:):)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM

prayer’s don’t work.
KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Yes they do. And I’m praying for you right now.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Context. Look at the words before the ones you quote. Koolaid says no one will convince her that prayers don’t work. ;)

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM

LOL. He loves his German beer, so I don’t think that will happen. Rahr is a local microbrew. They even give out free samples at a local grocery store. I love Texas!

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

lolz..After 4 does it matter??..:):)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM

The next day it might… ;p

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

prayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Yes they do!..I will send one up for your mother!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

are just off the hook.

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Off the hook — you mean like Redhook and Blackhook? Very good beers!

After much sampling, this is my favorite domestic brewery. I’ve even toured their brewing grounds.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Tell him to Texan up and buy American… ;p

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

You have a good point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Can’t argue with that!..Germans make fine beer!.:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Off the hook — you mean like Redhook and Blackhook? Very good beers!

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Off the hook as in

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Can’t argue with that!..Germans make fine beer!.:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

American micro’s make better… ;)

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

prayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Yes they do. And I’m praying for you right now.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM

I’m selfish and have been praying like a priest, and the Lord don’t want her yet! Hard to convince methatprayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

…Omaha…I want you to be able to yell “NORM!!!” in a bar one more time!

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Aw, come on! You expect me to grasp context at this late hour?! I’m sorry if I got it wrong… but… is KOOLAID2 a femme?

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Wow that looks like a place I could fall in love with!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I’m selfish and have been praying like a priest, and the Lord don’t want her yet! Hard to convince me…that…prayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

That’s it. I really can’t keep up. Besides, I have to go argue with God about the nature of the universe now thanks to you people.

night ever’body.

… will see you guys when the fan gets hit!

Axe on June 25, 2012 at 3:31 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Sorry, KOOL. My bad.

Prayers anyway, tho.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

American micro’s make better… ;)

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Off the hook as in

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Good grief, with a name like that, I must partake.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM

prayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Yes they do!..I will send one up for your mother!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

…boy!…I gotta start putting my thoughts down differently! Hard to convince meprayers don’t work!
Night guys!

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Axe on June 25, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM

prayer’s don’t work.

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Surely you jest. Believe it or not He’s got your six, and mine, too, no matter how much we don’t deserve it.

TXUS on June 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Don’t go to sleep now! We’re getting close to a grand in posts!!!

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Off the hook as in

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Good grief, with a name like that, I must partake.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM

It’s a beer for serious Ale drinkers, as is this. No sissy la-la beer slupers allowed… ;p

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:37 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Oops!..Sorry KOOLAID2..I messed up!..I am sorry!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Y’all are making me thirsty.

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I’m sorry if I got it wrong… but… is KOOLAID2 a femme?

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM

You know, I don’t know. Somewhere I picked up that impression, but it may be just misremembering and attributing a gender to the wrong person. ^^U

On the other hand it is the internet, so anyone can be whatever gender they chose to be or some such.

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM

OK, I’m out for the night as well, ya’ll take care and be good…

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Or, as the old saying goes…

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Are you “evolving” on this issue, like our super-dooper-enlightened President?

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Good night SW.

I’m out too. See all you fine folks tomorrow. It’s gonna be grand!

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Worse than Carter.

And with that, cool folks, I’m out.

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:50 AM

I’m out too. See all you fine folks tomorrow later today. It’s gonna be grand!
txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

FIFM

txhsmom on June 25, 2012 at 3:50 AM

SWalker on June 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Later!..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Are you “evolving” on this issue, like our super-dooper-enlightened President?

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

More like I believe in a basic philosophy of Dr. House. And if they chose for that lie to be about gender at least they opted for something less obnoxious than going Moby.

Betenoire on June 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM

John the Libertarian on June 25, 2012 at 3:50

Enjoyed it JtL!!..:)

l

Dire Straits on June 25, 2012 at 4:22 AM

It has to be the first “precedent” created whole cloth from thin air, when just a handful of politically appointed folks, mysteriously found hiding in the nooks and crannies of the Constitution previously undiscovered “emanations from penumbras”–a “lawyerly” sounding BS phrase, that has so far accounted for the slaughter of over 53 million innocent humans – not counting those we pay to kill each day overseas, since Obama removed the Mexico accord. (Many of the later are involuntary abortions)

The Godless (on the left and the right) can hardly wait for the “precedent “found for the “death panels”

Man’s laws are not God’s laws – precedent notwithstanding.

Don L on June 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM

The rare moment I return from my long lurking drought to wish to see this piece of “duly passed by the people” legislation go down in flames. :)

FontanaConservative on June 25, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Lets all hope,that today is,

Democrat HealthCare Debackle DoomsDay ,
in favour of the American People,and not,

a feather in Changeys hat,er,cap!!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 5:38 AM

For you early morning Gassers/Gassettes,
without MSLSD,heres the Online Streaming
Linky!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 5:44 AM

‘Morning, canopfor. I’m glad to “see” you so early. Your posts always make me smile, if not laugh out loud. But in a good way—laughing with ya, not achta. :-)

Grace_is_sufficient on June 25, 2012 at 5:49 AM

I hope the Justices feel the full weight of their position; I pray they understand that many, many years from now, this case will be discussed and dissected.

This is a pivotal moment in Supreme Court history IMO. I’m counting on them to do the right thing regardless of the political ramifications.

(Except for RBG, of course. She rarely feels the weight of her position.)

Grace_is_sufficient on June 25, 2012 at 5:54 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on June 25, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Grace_is_sufficient:

GoodMorning GiS,tee-hee,me loves snarky and info:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:05 AM

From MJ,on Sryian Defections!!

Syrian general, 2 colonels, 2 majors, 1 lieutenant and 33 troops defect from Assad regime, arrive in Turkey – @Reuters
1 hour ago by editor
———————

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:09 AM

From MJ:

Seeing an Obama Army in Gay Pride Legions
Published: June 24, 2012

To most passers-by, the tens of thousands of people who jammed the sidewalks of Greenwich Village on Sunday were just the typical tank-top-clad revelers of a gay pride weekend.
(More….)

==================================================================

Polarized Over Health Care, United on Drama of Ruling
Published: June 24, 2012

WASHINGTON — Lawmakers are not usually eager to get back to Washington after a weekend in their districts, especially during campaign season. But Representative Michele Bachmann boarded a flight from Minnesota on Sunday night — even though the House will not meet until Tuesday — to make sure she would not miss the Washington moment she has been excitedly anticipating, the Supreme Court ruling on President Obama’s health care law. (More…)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM

From MJ:

The Defense Drumbeat Blog
Jun 20 2012
“Fog of Uncertainty”

Defense CEO Warns Of Sequestration and Job Losses

Lockheed Martin CEO Bob Stevens sat down with reporters yesterday to discuss the impact deep automatic defense cuts will have on his company and the people he employs.

FICTION: The Defense Industry Can Survive Deeper Cuts: “From an industry perspective, the near-term horizon is completely obscured by a fog of uncertainty,” Stevens told reporters on Tuesday, calling it a “fiction” that the U.S. defense industry was robust enough to survive additional cuts. Reuters 6/19/12

JOB LOSSES: Deeper Cuts Force Companies To Lay Off Employees: “We’re compelled to start talking to our employees — 123,000 of them and 40,000 suppliers — which, you might guess, all of whom want to know: ‘Am I going to have a job in January, and am I going to have a contract in January?’ ” he said. “And the answer from us today is we’re not clear about that.” The Hill 6/19/12

LAYOFF NOTICE COMES THIS FALL: Waiting For A Lame Duck Session Is Too Late: Additional budget cuts could also force Lockheed to lay off about 10 percent of its current workforce of 123,000, Stevens said, noting that current law requires the company to give employees 60 to 90 days’ notice of possible job cuts. He said Lockheed had already reduced its workforce by about 18 percent over the past three years. Given the current lack of information about which weapons programs would be affected, the company could have to notify every single one of its employees as early as October or November – just before the U.S. presidential election – about possible layoffs, he said. Bruce Tanner, Lockheed’s chief financial officer, said the cuts could result in a total of 500,000 job losses next year alone, including about half from the federal government and 100,000 to 200,000 across the defense industry. Reuters 6/19/12

Permalink: http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/2012/6/fog-of-uncertainty

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 5:38 AM

*crossing fingers*

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM

My take.

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM

From MJ:

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: Latinos strongly backing Obama
Posted 12h 58m ago | Updated 31m ago
*************************************

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM

good one…hopefully the whole bloody thing will get shot down…

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

mika upset with all the monies that addelson is dishing out, but we never heard a peep from her about soros and the unions….joe says something right every once in awhile…

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Thank you, ma’am. Kagan should have recused herself. I’m certain that she has been leaking the goings on back to Scooter.

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM

agree…and no doubt they were getting the skinny

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Happy Monday!

Big week in DC. Biggest in some time.

Potential rulings from SCOTUS on Obamacare and AZ immigration enforcement. Holder to be held in contempt. Transportation bill under discussion. Student Loan increase deadline occurs without Congressional intervention.

It will be interesting, come Friday, to see who had a good week and who did not.

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:50 AM

cmsinaz:GoodMorning:)

Mika also has the Progressives Gigglys…pffff!
===============================================

What Sheldon Adelson Wants
Published: June 23, 2012
*************************

No American is dedicating as much of his money to defeat President Obama as Sheldon Adelson, the casino magnate who also happens to have made more money in the last three years than any other American. He is the perfect illustration of the squalid state of political money, spending sums greater than any political donation in history to advance his personal, ideological and financial agenda, which is wildly at odds with the nation’s needs.
(More….)
===========

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: Latinos strongly backing Obama

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Sad, isn’t it? A little bit of selective pandering and an entire ethnic group acts against their best interest.

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Did I hear right!

Mika:

How the Housing Slump strikes a blow to FemiNazis!
*(not an exact quote)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 5:38 AM

*crossing fingers*

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM

cmsinaz:Yup:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: Latinos strongly backing Obama

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Happy Nomad:You ain`t kidding,I caught a bit of Obama`s speech at
NALEO,and like you said,Pandering Over/Load!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM

My take.

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Kingsjester:Morning KJ:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Moaning Joe at it again:

“Nobody runs up to me and says, and people run up to me all the time, nobody runs up to me and says they’re excited about Mitt Romney.”

Pompous Ass. Poor Joe, your guy is crashing and burning and now it’s basically collect an MSNBC paycheck by trying to just have everybody NOT vote and stay home.

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Klein Propaghanda!!

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM

yepper…panderer in chief

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

You guys HAVE to tune in to Moaning Joe. Oh, woe is them. Woe. Woe. Woe. “The Seinfeld Election”. Concern troll Joe Kline. Oh woe, nobody like Obama…….BUT NOBODY LIKES ROMNEY. Oh woe is us.
Moan Moan Moan. No enthusiasm. Stay home. Moan moan moan……stay home.

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Marcus:

I was waiting for the last name to be Obama,leaving Kleins lips,er,mouth!:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I’m going to dance all the way to the polls to vote Obama out. So is every Conservative Republican AND Democrat. Dance. Rush and Glenn and Mark and Laura and Sean are going to have everybody so hyped up. These pathetic MSNBC moaners and groaners, after all their crap in 2008!

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Seinfeld Campaign,well H*lls/Bells,looky,from 2008!!

January 3, 2008
The Seinfeld Campaign

If there’s one thing a presidential campaign should provide, it’s a sense of what a candidate’s presidency would look like. We got that in 1992 with Bill Clinton, who campaigned as a moderate Democrat and mostly governed that way as president. The same was true in 2000 with George W. Bush. The 9/11 attacks changed his national security policy, but his domestic policies (tax cuts, the faith-based initiative) were the staples of his campaign.(More..)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Morning gang!

It’s finally stopped raining in my part of Florida, at least for a while. Unfortunately I think where Cindy lives is getting pounded now.

Sadly, the death toll from TS Debbie is at 1 and there’s been many homes destroyed.

On a different note, you know how ALT refuses to post that picture of herself in a bunny suit despite cozmo’s constant begging for her to?

ALT says she won’t post it because her real name is on it and she doesn’t want to be identified.

I think I know why.

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Justice Roberts would be well served to release Obamacare ruling on the 4th of July.

Afterseven on June 25, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Marcus on June 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

heh…pretty pathetic ain’t it…

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM

stay dry :)

hang in there Cindy..

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Mornin, canopfor!
Mornin’, y’all!

I hope they go ahead and announce today.

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Wonder if there will be a camera, trained on Nancy Pelosi’s face, when the verdict is read? If the SCOTUS declares ObamaScare unconstitutional, anywhere within her spitting/clawing/vomiting range will be dangerous. Could be like watching a rerun of the “The Exorcist” – except more horrifying.

TheClearRiver on June 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Flora duh
lmao……. But I think ALT might be a bit taller……..;-)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Loins girded.

forest on June 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

:-)

I hope she knows I was j/k.

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM

was listening to byron york filling in for bill bennet, he seems to think scotus will cover SB1070 today and cover obamacare at the very end…

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Flora Duh:

GoodMorning,Stalker Bunny,lol,hey it could be worse,
`’Killer Rabbit’!:)

**ALT,if your out there,were laughing with you:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Flora duh
You better hope so, she has that evil edge when she wants it …….LMAO……..;-)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM

COuld be a fun day, what with a potential SCOTUS release or two…

More popcorn, please…

Khun Joe on June 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM

TheClearRiver on June 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM

They just need to play that clip where Pelosi, when asked what would happen if the SCOTUS found Obamacare unconstituional, responded with repeating “Are you kidding me?” half a dozen times.

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM

kind of funny, the only obama ads I see in my neck of the woods are airing on msdnc…

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Morning Canopfor
ya and I think this is her weekend, so when she wakes……..Ruh-roh ……;)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I’m quite sure that the Justices will be wheels-up on planes leaving DC before the court announces the ruling on Obamacare.

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

That seems to be the common thought among the media hacks types I follow on Twitter. They’re of the opinion the SCOTUS is holding off on handing down the Obamacare ruling til the last minuted just to “toy with them.”

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

no doubt

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM

tee hee

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Kuhn joe
I’ve bought popcorn in bulk, just for this week…….;)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM

You better hope so, she has that evil edge when she wants it …….LMAO……..;-)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Yeah, but from what I’ve observed she also has a good sense of humor.

Morning Canopfor
ya and I think this is her weekend, so when she wakes……..Ruh-roh ……;)

angrymike on June 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Geez, now you’ve got me worried.

It was just a joke to start off what will hopefully be a very good week for our side ALT.

HONEST!

:-)

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Mornin, canopfor!
Mornin’, y’all!

I hope they go ahead and announce today.

kingsjester on June 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Kimgsjester:Affrimitive:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 7:58 AM

First.

Bishop on June 25, 2012 at 7:59 AM

good mornin’ cmsinaz, KJ, canopfor, Flora et al et al. I’ll be off the net all dadgum day. I hope ya’ll will have fun. Make sure the threads are peppered with great youtoobs for me and ya’ll be good.

ted c on June 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Bishop on June 25, 2012 at 7:59 AM

morning

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM

ted c on June 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM

have fun and we’ll keep the light on for you…

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM

That’s probably a good guess. I think SCOTUS will adopt a play out of the Alfred Hitchcock handbook….
“Always make the audience suffer as much as possible.”

lynncgb on June 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Happy Nomad on June 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Can’t say I would blame them. No matter how they rule, the justices on this SCOTUS will forever and henceforth be thought of as “The Loathsome Nine” by one side or the other.

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM

lynncgb on June 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM

the cliffhanger of the year

cmsinaz on June 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Geez, now you’ve got me worried.

HONEST!

:-)

Flora Duh on June 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Flora Duh:ALT,has a sense of humour…..!:)

canopfor on June 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM