Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on June 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

President Obama may have to clear a high bar in order to lock down Fast and Furious documents from the prying eyes of congressional investigators.

After the White House asserted executive privilege over potentially thousands of documents pertaining to the botched anti-gunrunning operation, critics of the move pointed out that the federal appeals court in the nation’s capital has taken a skeptical view toward privilege claims in the past…

“The privilege,” the court wrote, “disappears altogether when there is any reason to believe government misconduct occurred.”

***

The OCDETF designation enabled Fast and Furious investigators to use wiretaps. This is highly unusual in ATF-run cases — almost all federal wiretapping is done in investigations led by the FBI or the DEA. As noted above, wiretapping requires Main Justice approval. But that’s not all: As I’ve previously outlined, federal wiretap law mandates that the application to the court describe the investigative tactics that have been used in the investigation and explain why those tactics cannot achieve the investigation’s objectives without wiretapping. If the Fast and Furious wiretap applications complied with federal law, they must have described the gunwalking tactic. These applications cannot be submitted to a federal judge until they have been approved by Main Justice; they are submitted to the Department’s Office of Enforcement Operations, which screens them very carefully.

There is little doubt that the wiretap applications would show that senior DOJ officials were aware of the gunwalking tactic long before Agent Terry was gunned down on December 14, 2010. But that’s not the half of it. Bet your bottom dollar that gunwalking was discussed in the consideration of whether to make Fast and Furious an OCDETF case in the first place. OCDETF investigations, moreover, are carefully monitored by the Justice Department throughout, to ensure that the extraordinary flow of funding continues to be worthwhile. I’m wagering that senior DOJ officials — which is to say, Obama-administration political appointees — knew about the gunwalking for close to a year before Agent Terry’s death.

***

Republicans want to know whether top officials at Justice or the White House knew about the gun-walking program, which, although they haven’t turned up evidence of this, would be a reasonable line of inquiry. But casting doubt on their motives are the documents they are demanding: only those since February 2011 — two months after Terry was killed and the program was shut down.

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va.) accused Issa of setting up a “kangaroo court” to convict Holder. “If this were a genuine attempt to make sure that the Terry family had closure, we’d have an open investigation,” he said, and call witnesses involved in the program over the past six years. But, Democrats complained, Issa never sought public testimony from people in the Phoenix ATF office who ran the operation, or from the former head of the ATF, who told committee investigators that he never informed Justice Department higher-ups of the operation because he didn’t know about it…

The indignation would sound more genuine if Republicans weren’t going after Holder over what has happened since Terry died.

***

Along with conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh, Issa suggested as late as April that Fast and Furious may have been part of a policy by the White House to flood the Mexican market with guns to foment violence, which would then put political pressure back on the US to curb its wide-open border gun bazaar and weaken Second Amendment rights…

“Could it be that what they really were thinking of was in fact to use this walking of guns in order to promote an assault weapons ban?” Rep. Issa said. “Many think so. And [the administration] hasn’t come up with an explanation that would cause any of us not to agree.”…

[W]hile the political lines around Fast and Furious are thus clearly drawn, allusions to Watergate-sized conspiracy theories do, at the very least, also help bolster Issa’s central point: If only to quell such theories, Americans deserve to know whether it was really a hapless bureaucratic blunder or whether administration officials lied about the extent of their involvement in what became a deadly scandal.

***

Pity lead House Republican investigator Rep. Darrell Issa of California. It is his misfortune that he isn’t looking into matters about which the Obama administration can talk freely — namely, all its covert national-security programs.

If Justice Department documents that Issa’s committee seeks from Attorney General Eric Holder had been the subject of a top-secret meeting in the White House Situation Room, their contents already would have been splashed across the media. Issa could read the A1 New York Times story and be done with it.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Yeah, I saw the headline, that’s what made me suffer through the Maher video and comment on it.

I couldn’t tell if you were being snooty with me or not… no worries.

LevinFan on June 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I don’t know how to be snooty to fellow conservatives. At least never intentionally…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I wonder if UES gets paid double-time for Saturday night?

kingsjester on June 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Trolls get paid for every reply they receive.

So, by the looks of this thread, the troll made quite a bit of money.

bluefox on June 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Wow that is rough!..Prayers for your mom..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Bring back Bill!

VorDaj on June 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

That one always messes me up, my Grandfather, my father, my step-father, my little brother all died of cancer, and my mom is fighting it right now.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I am truly sorry about your family and hope mom recovers. Kind of gives us all a reality/vulnerability check.

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM
LevinFan on June 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
SparkPlug on June 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Thank you, funny is thing though. Except for my mom, everyone else had served in the US Military. Grandfather survived WWI, WWII and Korea as a Air Force fighter Pilot, My Father survived Korea and Vietnam My Step-father survived Korea and Vietnam, and my brother survived the First Gulf War. Prostate Cancer got my Grandfather, Lung Cancer got my Father and step-father, and Brain Cancer got my brother. Now mom is fighting Breast Cancer.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Well, SWalker, I got nothing I can say about your story. No words available.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Prayers ascending for your dear mom…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Well, SWalker, I got nothing I can say about your story. No words available.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Nothing to really say, I think we are what they call a Cluster Family.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

This one used to always get me choked up. I played the grooves off that piece of vinyl.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Outstanding song. A few New Years ago here on HA, a dispute broke out on whether the two were “cheating.” Kind of got heated, made me laugh. Even my wife said no they weren’t, you are obviously going to still feel affection and loss for someone you once loved.

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I’m watching Mullholland Falls. Never saw it before…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Very good movie.

bayview on June 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yeah it was. I’d never heard of it…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Very complex piece of work. The film was visually stunning, full of pathos. Took me a couple of times watching it and reading discussions about the film to understand the film. It stands out head and shoulder above the usual Hollywood junks.

bayview on June 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Prayers ascending for your dear mom…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Thank you, things are looking real good right now, she went through the radiation therapy and handled it really well, the doctors think they have gotten it all, but want to monitor her for the next 5 years, plus she’s got a ton of medication she has to take for the next 5 years. But like I said, at the moment it’s looking like they caught it early enough that she will be the first in the family to survive cancer.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Where is Cindy? She was hanging in headlines earlier…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Cindy mentioned she was working some long hours and had a couple more days to go. She said she missed the QOTDs and would be back soon.

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Hey, I found a song that can only sound good if you’re drunk.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Lava Man became a stable partner of I’ll Have Another and accompanied him during the post parade.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Lava Man is the man. Wikipedia entry on him is quite good. How about poor “Sham” who had the distinct misfortune to have to race against Secreteriat. From what I understand that bad boy was right up there but the battleship just nudged out the heavy cruiser.

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Keep us posted. We Lutherans like to pray…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Yeah, no they weren’t cheating. They were chatting and reminiscing, both depressed with how their choices led them wrong.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

KeyWestReader’s dad needs prayer too. He has cancer…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Instead of focusing on jobs, these temporary infiltrators of our House will rather spend time pitting middle class Americans against each other.

Instead of coming up with tangible ways to promote growth and reduce unnecessary spending, they will rather focus on highlighting trivial misgivings amongst struggling Americans.

Stop the class warfare between the middle class.

Uppereastside on June 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Did you just wake up from a coma? Where have you been the past 3 1/2 years? Your impotent rage and incoherent ramblings are fun to watch. Your hold on reality is hanging by a thread. You are coming unhinged. Hate to tell you, but it’s going to get worse for you from here on out. You might want to go ahead and make an appointment to get your meds adjusted.

You really should be banned for your inability to stay on topic, which is what is Obama trying to hide? What is Holder trying to hide?

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM

this is Watergate, with 300 dead bodies.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM

That is sad..Again prayers for your mom!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Sham was a hell of a horse. They should have never sent him against Secretariat in the Belmont. He was used up by then. Sec had proved he was the king at that point. Running Sham against him a third time was strictly an ego bid by the owner/trainer of Sham.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Jake Tapper remains one of the more honest MSM reporters.

bayview on June 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Yup, and their aren’t very many of those left.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Yes..I agree with what Capt. Ed said on his TEMS Friday..Team Obie will release those documents in the next couple of weeks!..They will not be able to let this go on during an elction year..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Sometimes I hate them choices.

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That is sad..Again prayers for your mom!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Thanks, but now that I have depressed myself thinking about things I cannot change I think I little upbeat music is in order…

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM

so jake tapper has even refuted that fnf started under bush. good for him.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Stop the class warfare between the middle class.

Uppereastside on June 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Tell this to Obama, you fool. Tell him to stop all ‘wars’ among the U.S. people.

Schadenfreude on June 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM

do ya think dire? I’m thinkin those docs are the newest ‘birth certificate’ iykwimaityd

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

predator on June 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Alydar was a great horse also!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It will depend on what is in them, and if it’s as bad as I believe it is, the only way he’s releasing them is if US Marshall’s show up and physically pry them out of his hands.

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

this THIS is money

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

This is the kind of stuff that Boehner, McConnell et al should be shouting.

arnold ziffel on June 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Svengoolie

SparkPlug on June 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

G’Night all. I need some sleep…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I’m just saying, it’s kinda uncool that I can’t take a Sunday drive through the countryside south of me without worrying about getting shot with an obama/holder weapon. Ya know, I kinda thought foolishly I should be safe in my own Country. I don’t feel that way at all.

I know it sounds melodramatic, but it’s not. It’s for real. We had better seal this border quick. I can’t begin to explain to you what I see. I do go south, heavily armed. Just to look.

You even hint of amnesty, we will be overrun. It already looks like a cattledrive. Well worn footpaths. Tons of debris. Drugs in tonnage is common. Almost everyday, a ton here, a ton there. They catch a small %.

This border is a joke.

wolly4321 on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I don’t see how they let this go on..Their only play is to try to bury it in a million pages of documents!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

the south calls the civil war the “war of northern aggression”. I think operation fast and furious has been the new one.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Alydar was a great horse also!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I fear those are days long gone. Alydar, who lost the TC to Affirmed, actually won his battle against Affirmed in the breeding shed. He was a far superior stallion compared to Affirmed.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

G’Night all. I need some sleep…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good night OC…

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You could be right..If he does I don’t think he will win in November!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Well, sometimes two people can make the wrong choices and not get burned. But only in make-believe land.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

So Dan Rather and Mary Mapes have been busy for the last few weeks !!

burrata on June 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM

He was a far superior stallion compared to Affirmed.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I’ll say..He had a 30 million dollar insurance policy on him..:)

PS..There is a show about the huge scandal of his death at Calumet Farms..Very interest show!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM

burrata on June 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM

lolz..Could be!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM

G’Night all. I need some sleep…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

G’nite and sweet dreams !!!!!

burrata on June 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

lolz..Things should move in the next couple of weeks!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Wasn’t aware of that. I’ll have to check it out. Having said that, I think I’ll follow OC’s lead and hit the rack. I’m non-stop yawning by now, and I’ve another round of golf to play in the morning.

‘Night all.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Dire,I have to think the documents connect Obama to F&F. It is hard to imagine any other reason that would prompt them to stonewall so completely with all the risks that involves. It stands to reason Holder and Obama would only follow this course of action if the alternative, i.e., releasing the documents, was worse.

I don’t think they give up the docs until a federal judge sends the Marshals to enforce his orders to comply with the subpoenas.

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Dire,

BTW, Unbridled was insured for 50 mil by Lloyd’s of London.

I’m gone. See y’all.

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:09 AM

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

No question that there’s some bad stuff in there and, because F&F was so poorly planned and there is a dead agent (or two) as a result, there’s no way the 4th Circuit is going to uphold EP in this instance.

My advice to Issa and the leadership is to act as quickly as possible to put this case in the hands of the courts, even if it means going for a civil declaratory judgement action, so the 4th can get and decide it before the election.

There are bombshells in there, else Team Obama would not have asserted the privilege.

TXUS on June 24, 2012 at 1:10 AM

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You make a valid point!!..A lot of folks feel Obie is covering up for either himself or some highly reguarded person in his Adminstration..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:11 AM

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

at this rate, i think the marshals are going to have to evict him from the white house.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:11 AM

predator on June 24, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Wow..50 mil is a lot of $$$!..Very interesting point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:12 AM

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

This is far worse. There is no doubt about the failed operation to destroy the second amendment, it is known that documents exist, the president claiming EP now makes him complicit. The BC is small potatoes compared to this.

AZfederalist on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM

TXUS on June 24, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I agree..Something very rotten!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM

“Who authorized ‘Fast and Furious’?”

Seven Percent Solution on June 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM

You may want to ask your darling Bush and Cheney that question.

Uppereastside on June 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I’m almost embarrassed for you. Actual information is available to you, but you don’t like it so you pretend it doesn’t exist. You won’t even read it when it is pointed out to you. You continue on with your stupidity as if no one else knows better. Democrats in general have a problem with reality, and you are just one more example of it, and not even a very good one. You reinforce every stereotype of the mindless idiots who support Obama at the expense of their own dignity.

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM

AZfederalist on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Plus the MSM will have to start covering it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Good points..UES has had a bad night!!..Bad indeed!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:15 AM

who authorized fast and furious?
who planned it?
who gave the conceptual guidance?
what was its intended purpose?
who discussed it?
where is kevin o’reilly?
when can we hear from him?

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

…when did number 1 occur?…Never saw it…and I read almost all the comments on the the threads.
On number 2…I know how various trolls operate…and love to be as obnoxious (in another way) as they are…and NO…I don’t expect others to handle trolls my way…I’m obnoxious (my M of O)…a few here are so good…when they get tired of them…it’s like seeing a cat playing with a mouse…it’s just a matter of swatting and when and how much clamping pressure they use…before the troll is comatose.

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM

when is kevin o’reilly coming home?

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

what does kevin o’reilly know and who did he talk to about it?

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM

My thinking is along the same lines as novaculus. Obama knows the history of the American voter is one of Short Attention Span Theatre. People forget what happened 6 months ago, or they used to, prior to the Great TEA Party Awakening.

While Obama had a reasonable belief that MSM would keep everything under wraps, he was free to keep chugging along. But as with “rev” Wright and that Truther Socialist Greenie Van Jones, he uses people up and throws them out when they become too radioactive, completely distancing himself from them. Because voters have short attention spans.

If Obama could have thrown Holder under the bus for F&F, he would have by now. Because F&F is now far too radioactive. That Obama hasn’t done that to Holder like he did it to so many others tells me Obama has his DNA all over the whole thing and cannot extricate himself from it. Else, history being proven multiple times, Obama would have been done with it and gotten it over and out of the news.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM

All good ???..Very valid ??? indeed!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Very good points!!..But I think that they thought the press would attack Dubya Administration and just say that this was a food fight with the Republicans!..That has not worked at all!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:29 AM

With Obama’s narcissism, he’ll never be able to say this.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I’m thinkin those docs are the newest ‘birth certificate’ iykwimaityd

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Hussein and his thugs are really predictable now.
First they commit a crime in total secrecy,
then they deny it when they are busted,
then they send their boogers in the media and Congress to scream
” racism” and also blame Bush,
then they resist investigations,
then they stall and blame some more ,
then they release a manufactured document which proves their point,
then they get a greedy libnut judge to tell those who find out about the forgery–” you don’t have the right to know “.
It won’t be any different this time

burrata on June 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM

KeyWestReader’s dad needs prayer too. He has cancer…

OmahaConservative on June 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

…will do!…and for SWalker’s mom.
(Good people, that you know came from good people.)

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:36 AM

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM

lolz..Good one!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

PS..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM

This border is a joke.

wolly4321 on June 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM

You are so right, about both the present and the future. At my cattle ranch in South Texas, we’ve had to hire, feed, house, arm, insure, and otherwise support six additional hands and their families for their sole job, 24/7 security, jobs that were non-existent four years ago. So, I guess Obama created some jobs here, thanks champ, but I’m still waiting for the reimbursement check from Obama’s stash.

There are at least two security incidents a week on the ranch, average is probably three, and some have involved more than just Mexican drug and people trafficking, but some Middle Easterners as well.

This is not an illusion, but a sad and blue reality of the Obama government’s open border policy and complete disregard for the safety and security of its citizens. Down here, this is not about some nice and good people coming to the USA for a better life for them and their children. It is about life and death, and we know which of these Obama chooses (for us).

TXUS on June 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM

and now….reuters.

the gig is up folks.

scandal….confirmed.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM

There has GOT to be ‘bombshell’ info in those DoJ documents, else Obama would not have pushed his chips “all in”…

Its his Watergate/Waterloo, complete with dead bodies on both sides of the border…

Patently unsatisfactory…

Khun Joe on June 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Ahh, Waterloo. That’s lovely.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Obama and Holder (and Napolitano and Hilary were probably in too) actually thought they were going to get away with this lawlessness. Holder was even planning a big press conference with Dennis Burke in Phoenix to announce the success of the program and prosecutions. But the murder of Brian Terry brought it all to a screeching halt, and the cover up began.

With the help of the Flying Monkey Media, Obama and Holder planned to keep the truth under wraps until after the election, which they assumed Obama was going to win, hands down. If they could stall that long it wouldn’t matter what came out, because Obama could issue pardons as necessary, and there is plenty of Soros money to take care of any necessary sacrificial lambs. I’m sure they were confident no Republican Congress would be prepared to impeach the first black president.

But Obama’s numbers are tanking and Issa has been a pit bull who just won’t let go. Now they are in trouble, and Obama had to play the privilege card. Holder is incompetent and corrupt but he isn’t the only lawyer hanging around the WH and some of them are very capable. So Obama and Holder have to know the privilege card isn’t going to work in the end. It is just another stall. But the fact they played it tells me they have nothing left in the trick bag.

I think the only question at this point is whether Issa can get a court order to turn over the records and a privilege log. If they can get that before the election, and it connects Obama and Holder to knowledge about the operation they have denied, I think Obama is finished. Obama will have to issue pardons to Holder, Breuer and Weich for sure, maybe more.

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM

…anybody being betrayed tonight?…was gone most of the day and haven’t seen the regulars yet on most of the threads. Was with a bunch of lawyers today that love Democrats…since their business always seems to be better when ‘they’ hold the White House…For the first time in years I didn’t feel like the lone survivor against a dozen participants in a dodge ball game…Hopey & Changey may be in a lot of trouble!

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Redistribution of wealth from everyone who produces it, via you and the looters, to the moochers/leeches of the world, is Obama’s.

Go to hell, you and him, and all the looters. May you all spontaneously combust for stealing.

Schadenfreude on June 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Isn’t this troll the one whose health care plan involves showing up at the hospital with no insurance and sticking everyone else with the bill? I believe so.

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Excellent background article on the rise of the Mexican cartels. Long but worth the read. Borderland Beat is a blog worth following generally.

The Obama Administration put 2,500 untraceable guns into the hands of the cartels.

de rigueur on June 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:47 AM

It has been civil since UES left..:)

PS..I tend to agree that Team Obie is in trouble!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM

and now….reuters.

the gig is up folks.

scandal….confirmed.

ted c on June 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM

The Reuters article is as worthless as anything part of the LSM ever issued. My favorite blurb from this partisan hatchet job:

The Republican leadership has worried that the Fast and Furious controversy could detract from election-year efforts to focus public attention on the ailing U.S. economy, and holding Obama responsible for it.

But Issa is aggressive and partisan. Last July 4, as downtown Washington was filling with tourists coming to see a nighttime fireworks display celebrating America’s 235th birthday, Issa convened a private session in a Capitol Hill office to get testimony from ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson.

Pravda editors would choke on the unparalleled sh1te that flows from Reuters.

PolAgnostic on June 24, 2012 at 1:57 AM

We’ve been troll hunting since way before you joined HA. Calm down, bro’

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

As someone who read Hot Air religiously for three years before being able to register, I admit that part of the fun of reading was the troll smashing. I see nothing wrong with it since they come here to spread disinformation and stupidity. They are asking for it and like I said, non-registered readers get to smack them vicariously- LOL

I will admit though, that now that I can respond, I feel a little slimy having engaged them. It feels like I’ve stooped to their level, so I understand the point of people who think we shouldn’t do it. I fear I am not the better person, but I am not going to have a moral crisis over it, so I figure if they say something so stupid I can’t let it go, I’ll respond.

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM

…ah yep! UPyerassideways …the fellow Bizarro No.1 thinks I’m obnoxious with…(:->)

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:59 AM

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM

… but he can’t issue a pardon for HIS actions …

PolAgnostic on June 24, 2012 at 1:59 AM

de rigueur on June 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM

And hundreds of millions of dollars into the hands of the AQ-supporting, America-hating Muslim Brotherhood which, along with its other sponsor, Iran, has vowed to wipe out Israel and then us.

The guns going to the cartels was purposed to get the American public softened to the idea of extreme gun control, but they got caught in the act, so to speak. The money to the MB was and is to cause such chaos in the Middle East that the American public might just give the “AQ killer” some more time for the further destruction of the USA.

Connect the dots.

TXUS on June 24, 2012 at 2:03 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 24, 2012 at 1:59 AM

You are obnoxious with him. I really don’t care if you are but you do have things to contribute beyond troll baiting.

You are giving him attention – that is all a troll is after .. for whatever sad reasons, they find vindication out of getting a rise out of someone.

If you really want to HURT a troll, completely IGNORE the troll.

PolAgnostic on June 24, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Ted, PolAgnostic- WaPo article is good, but then it is Walsh. Reuters is spinning like mad and yet the best they can do still looks bad for Holder and Obama. The most important thing, though, is that they are being forced to cover it. That means that the cone of ignorance is being lifted, and as more and more people learn of the deaths, the guns, and the cover-up pressure can only build for the release of the documents.

de riguer, that article looks good. I bookmarked it for later.

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 2:06 AM

… but he can’t issue a pardon for HIS actions …

PolAgnostic on June 24, 2012 at 1:59 AM

But he can pardon whoever “accidentally” shreds all the documents that may point toward the White House’s involvement.

Now the question is does he tell them to leave any documents that may point to the Secretary of State’s involvement alone so he can enact so vengeance on the Clintons or will he be advised that she almost certainly has planned ahead far enough that if he tries to leave her twist she can wrangle immunity in exchange for all the info she has carefully collected to protect her own backside.

Betenoire on June 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Connect the dots.

TXUS on June 24, 2012 at 2:03 AM

As Bill Whittle in his latest Afterburner (linked above) puts it, “Follow the ideology.” There’s simply nothing a committed ideologue won’t do for the cause when he has the power to do it. This administration is in the grip of madness.

de rigueur on June 24, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Betenoire on June 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Are you channeling Sandy Berger!!..:):)

Dire Straits on June 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM

PolAgnostic, while Reuters was a bit slimy in their coverage, a lot of scandal did indeed get reported. It’s not going to help Democrats among Independents. That little Dutch boy doesn’t have a finger big enough now.

John Hitchcock on June 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Betenoire on June 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Is that possible, do you think? With emails and memoranda attachments thereto, don’t the computer back up systems make this much more difficult than it would have been, say, 10 years ago? Especially since “the record” is scattered through several departments and agencies, each with its own files and back-ups?

The fact that Obama was panicked into asserting Executive Privilege would indicate that they haven’t gotten around to scrubbing much yet… and may not even know where to begin.

de rigueur on June 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Betenoire on June 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Is there anyway a request under FOIA can be made to find out from the bar council of IL about why Hussein and Mooch had their law licenses yanked ?
That is one dot which needs to be highlighted !
Those documents will neutralize Clintons and settle the birther debate too

burrata on June 24, 2012 at 2:22 AM

novaculus on June 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM

How long would that take, do you think? I would assume that Issa’s staff long since has identified the judge to whom they’ll take this.

de rigueur on June 24, 2012 at 2:23 AM

If were talking bout songs that make it hard to see…

SWalker on June 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I had a serious scare with my daughter when she was five years old. I’m still not over it even though it turned out not to be cancer. That song makes me remember how I felt back then. It flat out makes me cry, so thanks for that- LOL

I’m sorry to hear about your family.

Night Owl on June 24, 2012 at 2:24 AM