Hot Air Survey: Vice Presidential Edition

posted at 12:01 pm on June 22, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

It’s baaaaack. If you’re on Twitter, you can send me questions here. Will publish the survey results later this weekend, so stay tuned.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Haha, you’re beyond redemption. I even linked to a newspaper article from 60 years ago in which he says exactly that himself.

All you needed to know was some basic history.

joana on June 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

You’re not one for intellectual honesty. Again, you claimed Taft advocated nuking China. Nowhere in your post, links, or the news article is there any mention of Taft advocating nukes.

Dante on June 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Why aren’t the results on the main page? Most HA readers don’t go the Green Room so most of them aren’t even aware of the results. Please try to promote Patrick’s VP results post to the main page, Ed.

GOPRanknFile on June 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Didn’t know this was going on.

I just want Romney to win. Then we can work on “fixing” his positions.

freedomfirst on June 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Those aren’t estimates.

They’re wishful thinking outbursts.

I can’t even figure out what you crazies did to get to those numbers.

My ceiling right now for Romney is 338: McCain states + IN + NC + VA + FL + NV + CO + OH + PA + NH + WI + MI + IA + ME cd-2

I guess one could add OR in a super-optimistic scenario, but which other state do you think Romney will win?

joana on June 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Once again, our maps are fairly similar.

After OR it goes to NM, MN, and then NJ, WA and the rest of ME. These are states in which Obama now has double digits in any polling done and is more often than not above 50, so it would require a steady wave in Romney’s direction. In theory not impossible, as there are still 4 1/2 months worth of potential damaging news to the administration before the election, but I agree these states should not be on the radar right now. If Romney digs into those states, the election is won to a degree wherein checking up on state by state polling only matters to see the length of coattails for longshot Senate candidates.

For ceilings I have a practical of 337-338. And the extreme of 389 which would be Romney carrying all of the above.

As the news, particularly regarding the economy, between now and November is more likely to be negative than positive Obama’s ceilings are lower. His practical ceiling is 303. His dream scenario would be either 332 or 347… not certain whether anything will get him back NC.

For the map I voted to give Romney 315. That was accomplished by filling in states by gut feeling and ending up with 295, then splitting the difference on my absolute tossups.

Gingotts on June 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

joana on June 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Didn’t think it was possible but you managed to make me regret the conciliatory comment I offered. So… sorry about the compliment. I guess we’re back to where you’re a shill and an ass.

WTH lady, You carped because people didn’t bow to your candidate god and now you ridicule enthusiasm.

Rope.

Urine.

Defy gravity.

hawkdriver on June 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM

hawkdriver on June 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I am so going to steal that! Lol!

Bmore on June 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

hawkdriver on June 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I don’t ridicule enthusiasm. I ridicule ignorant fantasies.

I couldn’t care less if you compliment me or not.

joana on June 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM

joana on June 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Charmer. Live alone with 30-40 cats do ya?

hawkdriver on June 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM

joana on June 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Why are you preoccupied with throwing out the invectives insinuating mental health problems? Are you, maybe, projecting a bit?

Do you think you need to talk with someone?

hawkdriver on August 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM