Breaking: Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts

posted at 10:16 pm on June 22, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Is anyone surprised?  Even the attorney for former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky said he’d probably have a heart attack if Sandusky beat the rap:

A jury deliberated into the night Friday the fate of Jerry Sandusky, even as the former Penn State assistant football coach’s lawyer said he might “die of a heart attack” in shock if his client is acquitted on all 48 counts related to child sexual abuse.

Joe Amendola made the comments while surrounded by a pack of reporters early Friday evening in the Centre County courtroom. One asked the lawyer — who also talked about the “daunting” challenge of defending Sandusky — if he would be “shocked” if his client was cleared on all charges.

“Shocked? I’ll probably die of a heart attack,” Amendola said.

Word is already out via Twitter, but no media reports yet.

Updates to follow ….

Update: CNN has its story up now:

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on Friday night on 45 of 48 counts related to sexual abuse of boys over a 15-year period.

Jurors delivered the verdict around 10 p.m. after deliberating for about 21 hours.

That’s just under a half-hour on each guilty count.  Doesn’t sound like the jury had any doubts, only a horribly large workload.  Sandusky’s bail was immediately revoked and he went straight into custody, and it’s doubtful that he will ever breathe free air again.

Update II: Sentencing will take place at some undetermined point in the future:

Sandusky will be sentenced at a later date by Judge John Cleland. The precise number of years he faces in prison is unclear, but legal experts say it should be enough to lock the 68-year-old away for life. …

The state presented an overwhelming case against Sandusky. It was highlighted by powerful personal testimony from eight victims who detailed, often through sobs and gasps of breath, how Sandusky molested them in Penn State locker rooms, Sandusky’s basement and hotel rooms.

Sandusky often used his access to Penn State facilities and the football program to lure pre-adolescents into situations where they were alone and the kids were vulnerable.

If he gets less than 40 years, I’d be shocked.

Update III: I changed the front page picture to the one of Sandusky being taken to prison.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Some people in this world will always be clueless other people’s joys and sorrows. Sandusky is one of those. A selfish person, lacking empathy for the pain he caused his victims.

Paul-Cincy on June 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Are you sure you know the definition of a “strawman”? It’s not me who comingled gays and pedophiles into the same group. you didn’t answer a single question I posted, so I’ll take it you don’t want to…and that’s fine.

You did link a source…I’ll credit you for that. Normally at this point, if I even do get a link it’s to a Fundamentalist Christian website or some other blatantly partisan numbers. But in case you haven’t noticed, there are tons of studies done each year by one group or another, and they all show different numbers and research…and not by just a little either.

I’ve got to digest some more info on that IASR you linked to…there seem to be quite a lot of things going on. So in that, thank you for that link, one can’t make informed decisions or beliefs if one shuts out personally conflicting viewpoints.

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Paul-Cincy on June 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM

It is a struggle to not wish for the absolute worse that fate can offer to him. When you think of just the harm he has done to all of those kids it is enough, but then to see the ripple of effect to their families and then the people he worked for and the school. That he can even hold his head up when they’re taking his picture. That he was even able to talk on camera.

It really is just mind-numbing for someone who grew up in the area and looked to the Penn State football team as heroes.

hawkdriver on June 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

mittens on June 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM

First two paragraphs: unsubstantiated opinion.

The rest is either silly or irrelevant.

HotAir is a great place to find truths that are ignored by the MSM because they’re not PC. Unfortunately, lots of HA comments are desiring more PC & less truth here.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

JetBoy, you only asked two questions.

why are homophobes so scared of 3% of the population? Can 3% of all people really cause the downfall of our military, Christianity, and Western Civilization?
JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

1. I don’t know any homophobes. You’ll have to ask them.
Concerned is a more accurate word to describe me.

2. No.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Breaking: Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts

If the defense had argued that he was gay and proud…and, he just wanted the teens to experience the gay life-style…

Would he have been convicted??

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Oh well. Sandusky goes to jail. One down, thousands to go.

I just know this – the college I went to was little more than a homosexual recruitment ring masquerading as “faculty”. I have little reason to believe it’s much different anywhere else.

Harbingeing on June 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Breaking: Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts

Would he have been convicted??

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

~~~~~~~

Jmoo, but I think so. A friend of mine who is gay wants Sandusky under the prison…he is just as outraged as anyone else over his crimes.

ellifint on June 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Hey, Sandusky, congratulations on your new career as Prison Chew Toy!

Lather up!

TheClearRiver on June 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hey Jerry, it’s time to catch and see how you like it.

Wagthatdog on June 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Would he have been convicted??

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I’m hoping there’s a “sarc” tag that fell off of this comment.

1. I don’t know any homophobes. You’ll have to ask them.
Concerned is a more accurate word to describe me.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Pardon me…what exactly does your “concern” encompass?

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Male-on-male sex is homosexual, whether or not it’s consensual or legal.

And there certainly are female pedophiles.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Absolutely true on both counts. Inarguable.

The fact is that they don’t reproduce so recruitment is sort of necessary. If that offends someone’s sensibilities, well, hard cheese.

trapeze on June 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Pedophilia and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other. It is a shame that some chioise to use such a stoey to push their anti-gay agenda.

As for Penn State, some serious investigations need to take place. It is shocking that people would cover up so much over a football program (as great as it may be). SeriouSs lack of priorities there. So sick and wrong

McDuck on June 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Good – another homosexual child predator behind bars.

Pedophilia and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other.

McDuck on June 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

NAMBLA.

Rebar on June 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM

McDuck on June 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Au contraire my little cabbage head ! :)

There is homo-Pedophilia

and, hetero-Pedophilia

ALSO BY Definition: Pedophilia is sex, or sexual activity, with children who have not yet reached puberty.

All the victims here had reached puberty. It was gay sex.

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Ex Penn State coach Sandusky on suicide watch

BELLEFONTE, PA (RNN) – The attorney for Jerry Sandusky said the former Penn State football coach has been placed on suicide watch following a guilty verdict in the child sexual abuse trial.

On Saturday, defense attorney Joe Amendola said his client had been placed in a separate area from other inmates for his own safety, according to CNN. Authorities plan to keep him there until he is sentenced.

Sandusky, 68, left the courthouse in handcuffs late Friday after a jury found him guilty on 45 counts in a scandal that shocked the university community and the nation.

As he was placed in the back of a police car, Sandusky refused to answer when asked if he had anything to say to the victims, CNN reported.

Defense co-council Karl Rominger made clear they planned to appeal the case. According to CNN, Rominger said there were rulings on “unique legal issues” that could be overturned.

The defense team for Sandusky said the verdict was “the expected outcome because of the overwhelming evidence.”.

“I believe the jury acted genuinely, I believe the jury acted in good faith, I believe the jury acted on the evidence presented to it,” Amendola said.

The verdict came after more than 20 hours of deliberations that began Thursday after each side gave its closing arguments.

The prosecution attempted to paint Sandusky as a predator who earned the trust of his alleged victims before taking advantage of them.

“What you should do is come out and say to the defendant that he molested and abused and give them back their souls,” Senior Deputy Attorney General Joe McGettigan III said to the jury during closing arguments Thursday. “I give them to you. Acknowledge and give them justice.”

In all, Sandusky was charged with 48 counts of child sex abuse involving 10 boys. The charges included:

*Involuntary sexual intercourse (nine counts)
*Corruption of a minor (10 counts)
*Endangering a child’s welfare (10 counts)
*Unlawful contact with a minor (nine counts)
*Indecent assault (nine counts)
*Attempted indecent assault (one count)

The number of charges originally stood at 52, but Judge John Cleland ordered Thursday that all three charges related to “alleged victim 4″ be dropped. Cleland explained that one count of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse duplicated another charge, and the testimony did not support the other charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and aggravated indecent assault.
(More….)

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for the update canop…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM

canopfor. I see you made a little friend on this thread. I guess I have someone new to play with now.
; )

Bmore on June 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Pedophilia and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other.
McDuck on June 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Yeah, water and rain are completely different, too.

trapeze on June 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM

; )

Bmore on June 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Bmore:Ugh,JackHammerWar6 I think.Good lord,I guess too much info is
a bad thing,like the State Department Terrorist alert,by the
Iranians,on a US Embassy in!:)

US embassy suspends all travel to Mombasa as Kenyan police arrest 2 Iranians on suspicion of planning attacks – @AFP

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM

All the victims here had reached puberty. It was gay sex.

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

SparkPlug on June 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for the update canop…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM

OmahaConservative:Anytime,its still pouring in,can you believe,
Sandusky was still twittering.I postd his twitter
above,ahem,check it out,unreal,his other Twitter
has Coach added to it,but heres the other!:)

Last entry….7:34AM!

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

His vile putrid wife, Dottie, ought to be keel-hauled as well.

She knew what was going on all those years under her own roof. She knew. And yet she did nothing.

FlatFoot on June 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Un-FREAKING-Believable…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I don’t think I need to remind you my take. Except to say, Thanks. ; )

Bmore on June 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I hope he rots in jail. Now what is our justice system going to do about all his enablers over the years, nothing?

Can someone tell me when Roman Polanski will be serving his sentence?

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM

All the victims here had reached puberty. It was gay sex. – BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

The Gay agenda will go berserk at this suggestion. All the victims were male. Sandusky was male. It was male on male. – SparkPlug on June 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I am gay. I am not going berserk. Do you see any gays rights groups protesting his sentence? Roman Polanski has yet to serve out his sentence. Sandusky is a monster. A molester of teenage boys. Let him rot in jail.

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM

aOh, I am not that bothered by your lies. In fact, I ould love to give some of the anti-gay crowd huge megaphones so that they can spew the idea that this has anything to do with homosexuality instead of rape or molestation. Every time such nonsense is spewed it just helps the gay rights side out even more, so please do keep I t up.

McDuck on June 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Sandusky is a monster, prison too kind of a sentence for him,

That being said, I think the institutional failure of all those around the Penn State football program, Penn State admin, Sandusky’s wife, his charity, the police, to stop this may, have been a bigger crime.

I can not help but think that things were overlooked, swept under the rug so that wins could be compiled, I question the timing of the grand jury indictment coming after the record for most wins by a coach was broken, what happened to the DA that went “missing” while investigating this? What sane person thinks it is more human to cover up the accusations than to report them to the police?

I get the feeling that the community around Penn State football has known for years, but did not want to bring anything to light until after the win record was broken. I don’t think they (Penn State football) understood how meaningless the record would be to the rest of the world, in light of what was overlooked.

I understand the want and need to create a “winning” culture around any program, sports, business, whatever, but at what expense. Some times when we are so submersed in whatever goal we are trying to achieve we lose touch with reality, I find it helps see if what you are doing passes the say it out loud test.” We hired a new strength and conditioning coach to revamp our offseason work out schedule so the players will start the season in better shape” – reasonable. “We don’t want to bring negative attention to our football program before we break the all time win record, so we are going to overlook the grown man raping boys in our shower” – not only unreasonable, but you need to do better at life.

I hope that DA is not done, I hope that Penn State has to answer hard questions, I hope that Sandusky has some roommates that helped cover for him for all these years

dutch love on June 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Un-FREAKING-Believable…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM

OmahaConservative:Yup,surreal!:)

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I don’t think I need to remind you my take. Except to say, Thanks. ; )

Bmore on June 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Bmore:Yes,I know….thank-you:)

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Guilty X 45 counts.

And it only took how many years since he began at this current job to reach this point of Justice?

“Tickle Monster” will certainly get his fill of it where he’s going.

maverick muse on June 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Cripes on a crutch…or, as my Great-Grandmother used to say in a heave Irish brogue, Jesus Mary and Joseph!…That really is the silliest reasoning I’ve seen in a while. The definitions of what a pedophile is tend to be “An adult who is sexually attracted to children”. Pedophiles do not need to ever have had physical relations with a child.

As for the “puberty” question…again, most definitions I’ve seen of pedophile say nothing about puberty per se…they just say “child” or sometimes “young child”, which is a bit vague…I myself would assume a “child” to be a kid under the age of 18.

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Unfortunately, lots of HA comments are desiring more PC & less truth here.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Your valiant martyrdom is noted and hilarious.

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM

All the victims here had reached puberty. It was gay sex.

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

No, it wasn’t. If you want to be strict about definitions, then fine, it was not pedophilia. It was hebephilia. Not gay sex.

Straight and gay sex happens between adults. It does not happen with children. Sex with children is child rape(either pedophilia, hebephilia, or ephebophilia, if you want to be literal) and if you’re so obsessed with your disgust for homosexuality that you want to equate them with the lowest rung of criminals imaginable, you’re demented.

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Um…bud…read his description line:

Official Jerry Sandusky Twitter account. I’m not a bad guy just misunderstood. The truth will come out. I like horseplay, wanna take a shower?

Note the bolded part. Either he’s bats**t cuckoo crackers, or someone’s made a fake account. It’s also not verified. ;)

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Everyone in this thread is bashing a man who committed homosexual molestation.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 8:38 AM

So the guy in Texas that the father caught raping his daughter and killed? Was he killing a heterosexual molester?

Funny. I don’t seem to recall you or any of your ilk ever referring to him as such. You only attach homosexuality to child rape, never heterosexuality.

How convenient, I must say!

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I’m kinda surprised the judge didn’t put him on a tether for the weekend to “get his affairs in order,” on the assumption that he’d “do the right thing” and save the state some money.

Rational Thought on June 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM

~~~~~~

ITA with SC…Sandusky is a monster who should rot in prison…do you really want to quibble about whether the kids were too old for this to be considered pedophelia? What if he had been r*ping teenage girls in the shower?! He’s still a sick, predatory bastard. It was obviously against their will, and these boys were NOT ADULTS. Also, please point to the “gay agenda” that is ready to riot in the streets for their poor comrade Jerry Sandusky…do you actually know any gay men? All the gay men I’m friends with, along with my brother in law, are overjoyed that Sandusky was found guilty, and wish for him to suffer badly in prison…

ellifint on June 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Maybe, maybe not. A Matter of terminology. If gay means a “same sex” activity then it was gay. If gay refers to the perps sexual orientation then it is unclear. (BUT for SURE it was “Male on Male”.

Read on below little grasshopper and learn something:

Ref: “Thus, not all child sexual abuse is perpetrated by pedophiles (or hebephiles) and not all pedophiles and hebephiles actually commit abuse. Consequently, it is important to use terminology carefully.

Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men is often referred to as “homosexual molestation.” The adjective “homosexual” (or “heterosexual” when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim’s gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator’s sexual orientation.

To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men’s sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men’s abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don’t implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator’s sexual orientation.

Ref:

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

BigSven on June 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

You’re a poor debater.

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Thank God he entered coaching and not the preisthood…he’d probably be an archbishop by now and still be practicing his “craft”.

greataunty on June 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM

greataunty on June 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I’d argue that, but I was brought up to not get angry with those of “special needs” as it’s not their fault.

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM

greataunty on June 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Gee. What other unrelated topic can we link to a child-raping monster? Let’s see now, we’ve covered homosexuality and Catholicism. How about marijuana, abortion, and sodas larger than 16 ounces?

Jesus f**king Christ, people. How shameless are you?

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I know you anti-Catholics enjoy it so but you are far more likely to be abused by a teacher (100 times more likely) than by a priest but why should that stand in the way of your spin?

10,667 young people were sexually mistreated by priests between 1950 and 2002. In contrast, the extrapolates from a national survey conducted for the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation in 2000 that roughly 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee between 1991 and 2000.

The figures suggest “the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests,” said Shakshaft, according to Education Week.

Indeed, more than 4.5 million students are subject to sexual misconduct by an employee of a school sometime between kindergarden and 12th grade, says the repo

Haunches on June 23, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I am a Penn State grad. I wore my alumni hat today on my errands for one reason. To show my pride of the school and it’s students and athletes. I am glad Sandusky was found guilty. You who so are so ultimately hypocritical moralists who wish me and my kind ill… can go to hell for all I care. The courts have answered and well so may I say.

MNDavenotPC on June 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Should be “alumnus” hat unless, of course, you share it?

Haunches on June 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Alumnus, alumni what ever… I’m not in a mood to be corrected by an anal literary. Was my point not clear by that simple error?

MNDavenotPC on June 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Ex Penn State coach Sandusky on suicide watch

canopfor on June 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM

canopfor I always appreciate your posts. Thanks. They don’t have him on suicide watch because he’s suicidal, it’s because they can’t put him in general population. Honor among thieves and all that.

Hazzard on June 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM

oh and child molesters are not homosexuals.

Right. And it’s just a staggering cosmic coincidence that every single victim was male.

jangle12 on June 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Can we all agree that his enablers should face charges? Or, is Penn State football so sacred they shouldn’t be facing charges? I’m no attorney, but to myself it appears that there was a coverup of Sandusky’s activity. And, that coverup should be considered criminal in my opinion.

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM

How convenient, I must say!

MadisonConservative on June 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Sandusky’s orientation is pertinent because homosexuals are far more likely to molest kids than heterosexuals:

•A year 2000 study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that”. . . all but 9 of the 48 homosexual men preferred the youngest two male age categories” for sexual activity;’ These age categories were fifteen and twenty years old.
•Yet another recent study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that “Pedophilia appears to have a greater than chance association with two other statistically infrequent phenomena. The first of these is homosexuality . . . Recent surveys estimate the prevalence of homosexuality, among men attracted to adults, in the neighborhood of 2%. In contrast, the prevalence of homosexuality among pedophiles may be as high as 30-40%.”
•A 1989 study in the Journal of Sex Research noted that ” . . . the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men . . . the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality.”
•A 1988 study of 229 convicted child molesters published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior found that 86% of pedophiles described themselves as homosexual or bisexual.
•In a 1984 Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy article, sex researchers found that “The proportional prevalence of [male] offenders against male children in this group of 457 offenders against children was 36 percent.”
•Homosexual activists Karla Jay and Allen Young revealed in their 1979 Gay Report that 73% of all homosexuals have acted as “chicken hawks” – that is, they have preyed on adolescent or younger boys.
•In a 1992 study published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, sex researchers K. Freud and R. I. Watson found that homosexual males are three times more likely than straight men to engage in pedophilia, and that the average pedophile victimizes between 20 and 150 boys before being arrested.12

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Sadly, we don’t see you here as much as we used to. It seems like (& I may be wrong) you only show up on threads having to do with homosexuality. Like this thread.

homosexuals are far more likely to molest kids than heterosexuals:

It’s completely obvious that I’m not saying otherwise, but I have to spell it out clearly to prevent hyperventialing:
Of course the majority of homosexuals are as repelsed by Sandusky as anyone else is.

itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

•A study by sex researchers Alan Bell and Martin Weinberg found that 25% of white homosexual men have had sex with boys sixteen years and younger. – itsnotaboutme on June 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I admit that you seem to have complied a damning list of studies, which I have no idea if they are credible or not. My guess is most of it is pure junk. Sorry but, I have to go now and do some recruiting and molesting during the next week. You know I have my quota to fill.

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Throw him in general population.

tbear44 on June 24, 2012 at 6:05 AM

The following is for itsnotaboutme to read and and attempt to comprehend:

General Note:

The American Psychological Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the American Academy of Child Psychiatrists and the Child Welfare League of America all have policy statements stating there is no correlation between homosexuality and child abuse.

When asked about this question, the American Psychiatric Association wrote to the Senate stating: “While we are all concerned by the issu of sexual abuse, there is no credible evidence that lesbians and gay men are more likely to commit such offenses than others. Gay men and lesbians do not pose any particular threat to youth and should not be singled out or discriminated against in any manner.

“Mental health professionals agree that pedophilia should never be considered normal, because it is truly a disease. None of the things that make homosexuality a normal variation of human sexuality apply to pedophilia.”
- Martin Downs, WebMD Medical News

“There is no medical evidence to suggest an association between homosexuality and impaired moral judgment.”
- Journal of the American Medical Association – Pediatric Forum, March 2001

“It is ludicrous to identify pedophiles as homosexuals.”
- Stan Robson, Chief Deputy, Benton County Sheriffs Department
(In over 14 years of Robson’s work with pedophiles, 498 out of 500 offenders identified themselves as heterosexual.)

“The vast majority of offenders are heterosexual men. Male offenders who abuse young boys maintain adult heterosexual relationships. The habitual molester of boys is rarely attracted to adult males.”
- Roland Summit, M.D. Head Physician, Community Consultation Service, Harbor UCLA Medical Center.

“The belief that homosexuals are particularly attracted to children is completely unsupported by our data. The child offenders who engaged in adult relationships as well, were heterosexuals. There were no homosexual adult oriented offenders in our samples who turned to children.”
- A. Nicholas Groth, Ph.D., Director of the Sex Offender Program, Connecticut Department of Corrections, and Co-Director of the St. Joseph College Institute for the Treatment and Control of Child Sexual Abuse

“The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.”
-Dept. of Psychology, UC Davis

“Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals are more likely than heterosexuals to molest children.”
- American Psychological Association

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 7:16 AM

The following is for itsnotaboutme to read and and attempt to comprehend:

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 7:16 AM

*sigh* Its to harrd too rede.

Indisputable facts:

Boys are about as likely to be molested as girls.

Men molest kids far more often than women do.

Therefore, it’s unfortunately pretty common for men to molest boys.

Male homosexuals are a tiny percentage of the population.

Therefore, while most male homosexuals would never molest a kid, male homosexuals are statistically more likely to be or to become child molesters than heterosexual males.

itsnotaboutme on June 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Seriously, you listed a bunch of politically correct opinions from the left-wing American Psychological Association, & I listed a bunch of statistics. – itsnotaboutme on June 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Stop trying to pathetically attempting discredit the APA as a source. It is your opinion that they are left wing. Your list was I guess pulled from some right wing anti-gay website. Most of your studies only say that they are “a study”. And, a number of the ones that you do name the people who made the studies say that your interpretation of their studies are incorrect.

Keep up the good work on trying to demonize gay men. It’s been done for eons with the help of religion and other forces. I am sure that you are going to get a lot of pats on your back from people who think that gay men are all sick, sinners who are going to hell. My guess that you still believe that homosexuality should be listed as a mental disorder and that same-sex acts between consenting adults should be outlawed.

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Male-on-male sex is by definition homosexual (unless you’ve got a radical agenda to defend). – itnotaboutme

I guess you don’t understand that the vast majority of men who commit pedophilia acts upon male children are not homosexual but are heterosexual. Again, the Sandusky case has nothing to do with pedophilia. I hope that Sandusky rots in jail for his crimes and that the prosecutor pursues his enablers at Penn State or wherever they might be.

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

JetBoy on June 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I don’t believe all homosexuals are child molesters and the like, but one possible reason we don’t see the media mention or report studies of sexual crimes by homosexuals as often (and other acts or crime and violence) is that it’s not politically correct to do so, because the militant ones have a vested interest in making all homosexuals appear as a victim class.

I have read studies that there are higher rates of pedophilia among homosexuals than straights, and a higher percentage of serial killers are homosexuals than are heterosexuals.

I’ve read articles that some homosexual groups (the militants who like to march in parades, who are vocal about their sexuality) don’t let NAMBLA (a pro child molester group) into their “gay/ pride parades” any longer, not because they are repulsed by grown people wanting sex with children, but they were concerned it would bring them bad public relations.

I think we are only permitted 2 to 3 links per post (otherwise a post goes to moderation queue), so I hesitate to put too many links in any one post.

Gay couple left free to abuse boys – because social workers feared being branded homophobic

Gay Duke University Official Attempts to Sell Black 5-Year-Old Son for Sex Most Media Ignore Story
(if memory serves, that same official also performed sex acts on the boy and recorded it to show a friend on the internet)

This page is hosted by a Christian site but some of the sources they quote are secular.

Here is one excerpt from that page:

Child molestation and pedophilia occur far more commonly among homosexuals than among heterosexuals on a per capita basis, according to a new study. In her thesis – also written for the Regent University Law Review – Doctor Judith Reisman cited psychologist Eugene Abel, whose research found that homosexuals “sexually molest young boys with an incidence that is occurring from five times greater than the molestation of girls. …”

Abel also found that non-incarcerated “child molesters admitted from 23.4 to 281.7 acts per offender … whose targets were males.”

“The rate of homosexual versus heterosexual child sexual abuse is staggering,” Reisman wrote. She said “Abel’s data of 150.2 boys abused per male homosexual offender finds no equal (yet) in heterosexual violations of 19.8 girls.”

Judith Reisman is the president of the Institute for Media Education.

TigerPaw on June 24, 2012 at 1:13 PM

sinners who are going to hell.

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

All humans are sinners going to hell – whether they are hetero, homosexual, black, white, male, female, etc – unless they accept Jesus as Savior.

TigerPaw on June 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Justice Served In Jesse Dirkhising Murder Case
(story originally appeared at traditionalvalues.org, now is on other sites such as this one)

WASHINGTON, DC — “The conviction of homosexual sadist Joshua Brown for the torture, rape, and murder of 13-year-old Jesse Dirkhising, is a relief to those of us in the pro-family community,” said Rev. Louis P. Sheldon, Chairman of Traditional Values Coalition. “Brown has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping Jesse, but still faces life in prison on the murder charge.”

…A report in the Washington Times on March 23, 2001, indicates that none of the major networks, except Fox, have covered the Dirkhising murder trial. The New York Times, Washington Post, and USA Today have also neglected to cover this story.

Judge: No prison time for ‘gay’ rapist teacher

Published: 01/18/2006
A former high school teacher [Gregory Pathiakis, 26, of Brockton, Mass.] who pleaded guilty to the homosexual rape of one of his teenage students will avoid jail time.

Secular sites also carry that same news story, such as Boston.com:

“Embattled teacher had previous trouble” (with reporting from the Associated Press)

“Sex offender goes online lands in jail” – Eagle Tribune

TigerPaw on June 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM

And, TigerPaw you forget to mention the travesty of the massive coverup of Sandusky’s behavior that went on for years at Penn State by the heterosexual authorities at Penn State and in the vicinity. Your great Judith Riesman according to Wikipidia believes the following, “Reisman has said that she believes that a homosexual movement in Germany gave rise to the Nazi Party and the Holocaust, she endorses The Pink Swastika, which elaborates on this view and has compared modern youth groups for gays to the Hitler Youth.[1]”

Yep, Judith Riesman believes the book The Pink Swastika is credible. And that Nazism was a homosexual movement. The book is laughed at by credible historians the world over. The book is promoted by far right anti-gay groups.

SC.Charlie on June 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Boys are about as likely to be molested as girls.

Men molest kids far more often than women do.

Therefore, it’s unfortunately pretty common for men to molest boys.

itsnotaboutme on June 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Total fallacy. Your assumption presupposes that all incidences were with a unique man and a unique child. You’re not considering at all the possibility that males who molest boys may molest many of them(how many boys did Sandusky rape?). There is also the possibility that males who molest girls may molest many of them. Without actual numbers of perpetrators and their respective number of victims, your conclusion is complete and utter bulls**t based on incomplete information.

Not particularly surprising. This isn’t the first time you stained this site with your disgusting attempts to equate homosexuality with pedophilia. You already showed that one minute you care about actual labels(such as pedophilia), and that the next you don’t(hebephilia) because you’re about as intellectually deep as a saucer, and your conclusions are based on what you want to believe, not any evidence.

MadisonConservative on June 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Indisputable facts:

Boys are about as likely to be molested as girls.

Men molest kids far more often than women do.

Therefore, it’s unfortunately pretty common for men to molest boys.

Male homosexuals are a tiny percentage of the population.

itsnotaboutme on June 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

This isn’t the first time you stained this site with…

MadisonConservative on June 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Your hysterical rants & false accusations.

All of the “Indisputable facts” stand.

Since you apparently didn’t see it:

itsnotaboutme on June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

SC.Charlie on June 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Fair points all.

FWIW, I am sorry to say, the one molester I have personal knowledge of molested boys and girls about equally. (Sadly, he is neither in jail nor dead.)

I favor the death penalty for any adult who can be proved to have had s*x with a child under 14, and life in prison without parole for any adult who can be proved to have done so with a youth of 14-17 who did not give consent. (Trying to rule out the case of the 18-year-old and the 17-year-old who get carried away on prom night — I think that should be handled differently.)

If anyone thinks that’s harsh, well, so be it.

Mary in LA on June 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM

itsnotaboutme, your post on/at June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM a repeat from one of your early posts. You dismiss what the our medical professionals have say about the subject by calling them liberals. You even cite Judith Reisman who believes that the book “The Pink Swastika” is a factual. The only people who read this book and believe it are the unhinged anti-gay right fringe groups.

I would suggest that you just give it a rest.

SC.Charlie on June 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

itsnotaboutme on June 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Gee, the ignorant ignored the point. Again:

MadisonConservative on June 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Did anyone see this link on Drudge?

‘Hey, Teacher, Leave Those Kids Alone’: Sandusky Serenaded By Inmates

Sandusky disgusts even hardened jailbirds. I’m lovin’ it. :-)

Mary in LA on June 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM

He peeled of his clothes and jumped in the shower with other folks kids. that is enough without further testimony to require frontier jutice.

The nature of the Beast who uses children is they pretend they are also kids, they pretend it is good clean fun, they take what they can steal and they will continue to lie to their dying days

entagor on June 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM