Bobby Jindal: Obama is running against Bush, and it’s only about eight years too late for that

posted at 8:01 pm on June 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

It’s Friday, and I don’t know about you, but it never hurts my mood to finish off the week with an extremely apt, intelligent, yet biting bit of criticism about how President Obama’s policies are running our country into the ground — especially when Team Obama is busily engaged in blaming President George W. Bush for everything from all of our economic woes to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal. So, without further ado, here’s Republican governor of Louisiana and oft-mentioned Romney-running mate possibility Bobby Jindal with some appropriately scathing commentary to take us into the weekend. Preach, governor:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

“Over half a million more Americans are unemployed than the day the President took office,” he said. “You look at median income, it’s actually gone down under this President. You look median family worth, two decade low. You look at home owners with mortgages, 30 percent of them are underwater. So, you look at any objective economic indicators we are not better off than we were four years. And I think if the voters go in the booth asking themselves that one question — Am I better off than four years ago? — I think Mitt Romney wins this election going away.” He also dismissed Obama’s immigration policy as mere “pandering” that ultimately treats “the symptoms, not the root cause of the problems.” …

He’s basically… it was, we went from hope and change to divide and blame. Now all of a sudden he’s trying to run against President Bush, eight years too late for that. He’s offering the same old policies and now trying to divide us based on class lines, on race lines, on gender lines, and any lines to help him get re-elected, so, absolutely I think the American people aren’t better off.

Comments

I like Jindal…

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

it amuses me that the Huffpo crew think their opinion of his rebuttal speech to the light bringer somehow matters.

rob verdi on June 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I have no idea how any Republican goes on that f-ed up channel.

gsherin on June 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

America showed how stupid we could be by electing Emperor Hussein. Now let’s show the world we are smart enough to learn from our mistakes and throw the gangster and his thugocracy out of our White House.

NickDeringer on June 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

obama thinks that he is running against Bush, but in reality, he is actually running against himself, and he is losing.

Pork-Chop on June 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Issa needs to send Josh Randall after Obama and Holder.

VorDaj on June 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Either Issa or the families of all those hundreds Obama and Holder had murdered.

VorDaj on June 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM

…especially when Team Obama is busily engaged in blaming President George W. Bush for everything from all of our economic woes to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal

Great video of Obama’s “Blame Bush” at National Review by Jim Geraghty

Rovin on June 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Jindal rocked. I hope Mitt seriously considers him even though he supported Perry. I know he is not very telegenic, but he is fantastic.

txmomof6 on June 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I like Jindal…

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

….I like him alot!
o/t…the Rev ok? …and while I’m at it about follow-up…wasn’t it cane_loader a while ago who was looking for a 20 year old girl in La. that disappeared that was close to him…and I don’t remember reading anything again..it was even on Fox News at the time…anything?

KOOLAID2 on June 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Gov. Jindal can lay out those facts wham bam and put the Obama cheerleaders on the defensive.

onlineanalyst on June 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Seeing him and Donny Silverspoon on a split screen reminds me of the old public service announcement
-This is your brain
-This is your brain on drugs
…any questions

AmeriCuda on June 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I know this is O/T but thot some may be interested in it:

The Texas Debates: Race for U.S. Senate
Ted Cruz vs. David Dewhurst
Friday, June 22, 2012 at 8 p.m.

This is Central time. I just happened to see this info.

bluefox on June 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Saw that idiot donny douchebag rolled up his eyes as jindal was speaking?

jaboba on June 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I love the title of the post…GWB has been sitting back rather silent but has to be loving every minute (definition of a “class act”).

teejk on June 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I like Jindal…

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

At one point in the past, Jindal was hyped by many…and even more than Palin at that time. Jindal screwed up when he gave the GOP rebuttal after The One’s first SOTU if I remember correctly…and never regained his national popularity with socons.

But much like the dashed hopes of Cristie, Scott Brown, and Christine O’Donnell, a few choice words or actions by them and the socons (the “real” conservatives) and they’re thrown under the bus.

I am sorta liking the Paul Ryan possibility…

JetBoy on June 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Jindal is taking a breather 1st waiting for the answer to why in the world has Obama sold our US economic security over to China first and created such unfathomable debt in 1 swoop. Oh yeah Bush fault – I forgot.

wubu on June 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Once he finished wiping the spray off his suit as a result of your insipid speech impediment, Gov. Jindal would tell you that Gov. Romney was doing what any sane and moral business man would do: Seek the most efficient and cost-effective methods to maximize profit for the investors. Now, Obama would take the money entrusted to him and feed it to worthless companies, working on worthless technologies, to pay off his bundlers.

But you wouldn’t understand the concept of business because of the insipid impediment between your ears.

AubieJon on June 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I’m starting to understand what the rest of you see in him. Not bad. Not bad at all.

ElectricPhase on June 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

OK, I’ll bite. Why do you think Romney did?

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

…and never regained his national popularity with socons.

JetBoy on June 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Eh? What do the socons have to do with anything? Jindal’s response was a dud, and nearly everyone wrote him off as a contender for the presidency at that point. And Scott Brown? There’s a significant amount of antipathy toward him, but to pin it on socons is silly. He’s not well liked by ficons or libertarians either because of his general squishiness (e.g. the farm bill vote).

Dead Hand Control on June 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

U posted same question on prior thread and you were immediately schooled by Baxter Greene who laid out every Obama job shipped away..

…work on your gig, you have yet to earn Troll Apprentice status…

hillsoftx on June 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

txmomof6 on June 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Anyone who supported the big government statist Romney before he had to should be disqualified as far as I’m concerned.

besser tot als rot on June 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Mika was about going to have a cow.

paul1149 on June 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM

JetBoy on June 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Just love the self proclaimed “TruCons” like JetBoy who come on here and use the term “conservative” in and as a pejorative.

besser tot als rot on June 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM

hillsoftx on June 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I’m really starting to believe this is getalife’s newest incarnation…

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Maybe Jindal should have ran for POTUS, because Mitt is incapable of talking in depth about anything let alone the housing market, I dont think he knows his econ plan or Obamas he knows what the idiots they call campaign advisers tell him.

boogaleesnots on June 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I like Jindal…

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

….I like him alot!

KOOLAID2 on June 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

The motion is seconded, and carries.

WE like Jindal. : )

listens2glenn on June 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

You can sure tell by the troll droppings that the libs are truly worried over Obama’s failure with the economy.

AubieJon on June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

OK, I’ll bite. Why do you think Romney did?

arnold ziffel

Don’t bother. It’s Average Joe, aka fake concern troll.

chimney sweep on June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Bless your little heart. Getting schooled on the other thread wasn’t enough for you?

Oh, wait a minute, you must be into self–immolation.

Carry on then.

Flora Duh on June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Don’t have anything against Jindal, but he really thinks Obama is a great speechgiver?

silvernana on June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The motion is seconded, and carries.

WE like Jindal. : )

listens2glenn on June 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Thirded. Smart, parents came here LEGALLY, southern state. He sure as heck beats Marco “open borders” Rubio.

TxAnn56 on June 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

boogaleesnots on June 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

He can talk in depth about the economy. The problem is that when he speaks based on his instincts, he sounds like Obama, with talk like “We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I’ll fix it. ” and “I’m not concerned about the very rich. They’re doing just fine.”

besser tot als rot on June 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I see some of you others have already replied to this, but here’s my lame attempt:

Ahem (clearing throat). . . so that the companies wouldn’t have to go out of business?

listens2glenn on June 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

If all you can get from MSNBC is a clip with a leading commercial…

Go with a transcript.

I won’t waste one erg of energy, or give one eyeball of ratings to those asscracks, or anyone who advertises on them.

heldmyw on June 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

So your union pension would have somewhere to invest? You should thank Mitt Romney for giving your pension businesses to invest in otherwise your pension would be worth less.

kim roy on June 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM

kim roy on June 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Wait a minute! Middle school students in the uppereastside have to join a union?

And they get a pension?

Dayhum!

Flora Duh on June 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Don’t bother. It’s Average Joe, aka fake concern troll.

chimney sweep on June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

lol, he ain’t no concern troll, he is to put it kindly “cat spray.”

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Another like for Jindal.

Philly on June 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

“Because that was the only way to keep the company afloat after job-destroying liberals kept increasing taxes to become the highest corporate tax rate in all the world, and kept pushing regulations to strangle all projects projects in fees, studies, delays and bureaucratic red tape.”

“Next question to someone who hasn’t had a lobotomy…”

dominigan on June 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Jindal India

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Oh, I get it. Jindal is of Indian descent, that’s why you brought up India. What you really wanted to say is “them brown-skinned people.”

John the Libertarian on June 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

OK, I’ll bite. Why do you think Romney did?

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Someone asked you a question there Mr conversationalist. Ante up.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Uppereastside, can you tell us why liberals try to crush all job producers in the US and then whine and cry about it like brats throwing a tantrum?

dominigan on June 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Someone asked you a question there Mr conversationalist. Ante up.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

He just likes to hit and split.

O/T, Mr.B, if someone wanted to leave a comment on bridge pics how would they do it? Anon or Google?

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

besser tot als rot on June 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

They keep telling us he knows the Econ but I haven’t heard anything that supports it. They say he is a great business man and he has the fortune and bains record to prove it, but I get the feeling he has never sold anything in his life. I dont think he has hobby’s or interests I don’t think he has ever had a crappy job.

That just the impression he gives out. I know a lot of the stuff I said is not true, but that is just the vibe he puts off.

boogaleesnots on June 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Because the cost of doing business in the US is too expensive to be competitive in a global market. Businesses have to make money to stay in business.

Philly on June 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Jindal for VP!

ArtVandelay on June 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

More Jindal please!

joekenha on June 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

OK, I’ll bite. Why do you think Romney did?

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Maybe Jindal told him his people would do the jobs cheaper than Americans. No???

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

His people?

Ignorant and racist. I’m shocked./

Flora Duh on June 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

LOL..again.

That is all.

HumpBot Salvation on June 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

You’re obviously looking for http://www.al.com and the University of Alabama fan forum.

AubieJon on June 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

You get at least five responses as to why out sourcing has become necessary and that’s all you have?

Unfortunately at holiday time I have to deal with relatives like you so I guess I should be used to it.

arnold ziffel on June 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

well said Bobby!

SauerKraut537 on June 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Looks like someone wants to be VP. Nice!

MrX on June 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

And they get a pension?

Dayhum!

Flora Duh on June 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Nights she works at the Arby’s.

slickwillie2001 on June 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Jindal did great in the moonbat echo chamber. One omission is that he (and Mitt) should note that the number of people relying on government assistance has skyrocketed in the last 3-4 years.

Twenty percent of this nation relies on government assistance. The number of people on food stamps has risen 50 percent in the last 4 years.

How the hell are we better off, Donnie Dunce?

Philly on June 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Uppereastside on June 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

…SDASTFU you ignorant idiot!…your mouth is still full… and you’re not done sucking!

KOOLAID2 on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

she got fired…back to Mommy’s basement eating cheetos…

teejk on June 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Me likes the Jindal!

Big Orange on June 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I’m leary of Jindal or any of the other so called up and coming stars of the GOP becomming VP. What if Romney goes total RINO like Bush did. They would be ruined. VP is a joke.

Pawlenty is a nice choice because he is virtually unattackable he is so boring. He also has a nice fiscal track record from Minnesota. He is safe and uncontroversial, and furthermore, expendable if Romney goes RINO.

I will say this, if Jindal was asked and accepted I think this would be a sign that Romney is going to govern from the right atleast on fiscal matters. I don’t think an up and coming star would risk a bright future in 2016 or 2020 if they weren’t sure Romney was going to be a squish.

But then again, Romney has been all over the place on everything. If I were Jindal I’d take a pass and finish my second term as Governor. He’d be a shew in for Senate after that. Then he could run later for the big job, assuming we are still having elections. If Romney wins you know the Democrats are going to nominate another hard left marxist. There are no more moderate Democrats at the Federal level.

JB-STLMO on June 23, 2012 at 5:14 AM

I like Jindal as well.

I would prefer Ryan or Christie for Veep, but Mitt could do a whole lot worse than Jindal if he went that direction.

MJBrutus on June 23, 2012 at 6:31 AM

His people?

Ignorant and racist. I’m shocked./

Flora Duh on June 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I’m not. He’s just a typical liberal.

Siddhartha Vicious on June 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Hehe, he railroaded those morons.

so-notbuyingit on June 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Go, Bobby!

RebeccaH on June 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM

rob verdi on June 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Liberals think the ability to read a speech on t.v. and look “dreamy” while doing it are far better qualifications for elective office than a record that shows actual competence and results.

We all know where that belief has gotten them (and us, unfortunately).

AZCoyote on June 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I like Christie, but I think he is too in-your-face and provocative to be Mitt’s VP. He’s his own guy, which is great if you are the executive, but he might create some Maalox moments for Mitt, who is measured and controlled.

Philly on June 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The amazing thing is the alternate universe nabobs on MSNBC after Jindal’s claim with facts and stats that people aren’t doing better than 4 years ago responded as if he was the first one to tell them the sky is blue, and they still insisted he’s wrong it’s red.

wizzdumb on June 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Jindal might as well be wearing a white sheet and hood.

CorporatePiggy on June 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM