Because nothing says “wedding present” like a donation to Obama’s reelection campaign

posted at 4:41 pm on June 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

It’s a fairly common practice for people with weddings or birthdays coming up to ask their friends and guests to donate money to a charity or cause of their choice instead of buying them an actual gift, and it looks like the Obama campaign just thought up the absolutely brilliant, not-at-all galling idea of capitalizing on that ritual. No, dear friends — this is not a joke.

Instead of another gift card you’ll forget to use, ask your friends and family for something that will go a little further: a donation to Obama for America. Register your next celebration—whether it’s a birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, or anniversary—with the Obama campaign. It’s a great way to show your support for a cause that’s important to you on your big day.

I don’t really feel the need to commentate further. It says so little, yet it says so much.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

M2RB: Paul McCartney live from Red Square
Resist We Much on June 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Paul never made to Moscow.

Akzed on June 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Wedding registry?

This is odd.

I’d think a rather informal meeting at a D.C. club for drinks, then a little fornicating in the back of Limo 1, followed an abortion right before the election would be more Barry’s style…

locomotivebreath1901 on June 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM

The Obama campaign has jumped the shark.

Again.

BRunner on June 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Yep. Puts me in mind of the audience scene in The Producers just after the Springtime for Hilter number. Jaw-dropping dumbfoundment.

Happy Nomad on June 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM

locomotivebreath1901 on June 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hence the need for the Fluke law. Fornication with free contraception.

Happy Nomad on June 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I like the gravy bowl reference the best. Democrat irony.

bigjack on June 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Tomorrow’s Sunday so remember to be generous with your tithes and offerings when the Obama Reelection Collection plate is passed your way.

susandiane311 on June 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM

1/20/13..”OUR” D-i-v-o-r-c-e..becomes final Today.

R.I.P Miss Wynette.

Teddy on June 24, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I can see it now …
Barry and the Mooch living in a 10×60 trailer, car up on blocks in the small front yard, pit bulls running loose in the backyard and neighborhood (when not fighting for money of course).
This gobsmackingly stupid plea aint even gonna sit well with the ArKinSaw crowd. Why marry yer cousin unless you receive gifts from the extended family tree that doesn’t “fork”. (speaking of Latinos and forks …)
And then there’s the New Yawk and Hollywood crowd of “God’s chosen people” who still vote for that man-child in mom-jeans …
“What, NO wedding gifts! Where’s my toaster, microwave, fondue pot, and matching sporks?”
LOL

If this isn’t in the running for “Obamateurism of the Year Award”, I’d be surprised.
Oh WAIT, I think I’ve got it …
It must be the White half of Barry, the pResident of the United States that believes this is cool, trendy, whatever. Hell, if ya want cash for your wedding/birfday/anniversary/bar mitzvah, whatevah, just axe, Barry.
I can see it now on the “registry” of Øba-Approved® gift list:
“CASH. Bring it or stay home and deprive yourself of the wondrous Øne”.
After all, The Øne has the power to render the paralyzed ambulatory:

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on June 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I’m wondering how much it costs to process a campaign donation?

Suppose it was $1. And you donated $.02. Net effect: -$.98 donation to the campaign.

And of course, the donation has to be reported, correct? Is there a lower limit to what has to be reported?

Even if the donation was returned…that’s postage.

Just thinking, sort of, out loud. New meaning to putting in your two cents…

ProfShadow on June 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I blew up the page to look closer at the photo.

That doesn’t look like Michelle at all!

Is that the Obama’s wedding pic? Michelle had higher cheek bones I guess.

Did she have work done? It doesn’t look like her. People don’t change that much in twenty years.

What year is that? Their daughters aren’t very old so I am guessing 20 years.

petunia on June 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

The Obama’s need wedding gifts? Well, I can contribute! Last Christmas we got this hand with wheels. You place a drink on the hand, turn it on and it will travel to the other end of the bar. I’ll send that! Surely we all have some really awful vases and ties in our “regift” closet. Send them.

Portia46 on June 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I blew up the page to look closer at the photo.

That doesn’t look like Michelle at all!

Is that the Obama’s wedding pic? Michelle had higher cheek bones I guess.

What year is that? Their daughters aren’t very old so I am guessing 20 years.

petunia on June 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Her head is at least 200% that size now. As well as her a@$. Not that the two are indistinguishable….

tom daschle concerned on June 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Awesome. I gave them a plunger which works if you use it fast and furiously.

dthorny on June 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM