Because nothing says “wedding present” like a donation to Obama’s reelection campaign

posted at 4:41 pm on June 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

It’s a fairly common practice for people with weddings or birthdays coming up to ask their friends and guests to donate money to a charity or cause of their choice instead of buying them an actual gift, and it looks like the Obama campaign just thought up the absolutely brilliant, not-at-all galling idea of capitalizing on that ritual. No, dear friends — this is not a joke.

Instead of another gift card you’ll forget to use, ask your friends and family for something that will go a little further: a donation to Obama for America. Register your next celebration—whether it’s a birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, or anniversary—with the Obama campaign. It’s a great way to show your support for a cause that’s important to you on your big day.

I don’t really feel the need to commentate further. It says so little, yet it says so much.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Jeez, the dude even had his nose up in the air at his wedding? What a cad.

Hummer53 on June 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Alice Roosevelt Longworth once said of TR: “He wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening.”

Sounds a lot like Barry Zero. “Forget those birthday presents, send the cash to me!”

Mr. Grump on June 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM

If we all donated a penny every hour I wonder what the transaction costs would be?

antipc on June 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM

“Donate $500 to my re-election campaign, and you can have sex with Michelle”

BobMbx on June 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Not even with yours

NoFanofLibs on June 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

It’s not about you; it’s always about the O.

I wish someone with Internet savvy–which excludes me–could post a brief card that we could sign and mail to the Obama campaign. The card would say, “Instead of contributing to your campaign, I have made a donation on your behalf to the Human Fund.”

If you recall, the Human Fund was the name of the bogus charity to whom George Costanza claimed to have made donations rather than buying Christmas gifts for his co-workers.

By the way, at least when contributing to a 501(c)(3) charity, you can claim an income tax deduction if you itemize. Of course, I suspect that dishonest liberals (are they’re any other kind?) will claim the deduction for a contribution to Obama and play audit lottery.

BuckeyeSam on June 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Just call it the “The Human Fund”.

– George Costanza

hamnj7 on June 22, 2012 at 6:40 PM

War on Weddings

ProfShadow on June 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

At this point they should just change their names to Mooch and Moochette.

antipc on June 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

How about a $10 dunk tank on the White House lawn, starring Barry and Mooch?

slickwillie2001 on June 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yeah, I think some couples in North Korea donated their wedding gifts to Dear Leader. Maybe that’s where they got the idea.

farsighted on June 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

What’s next?

Nothing says condolences at a funeral like an offering in the name of the deceased.

itsspideyman on June 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

“…goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.”

Cute.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM

They’re deleting comments like crazy now.

There were upward of 500 comments — now it has been reduced to just over 200.

LMAO! Major Fail!

FlatFoot on June 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM

On that thread, saw a couple of pro-Obama comments. Their comments system allows you to vote commnets up or down.

Laughing at the number of down votes for the comments that supported Obama.

22044 on June 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Would rather poke my eyes out with rusty nails.

AshleyTKing on June 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I feel bad for obama based on that picture. Clearly he was drugged and dragged to a preacher and forced to marry that hideous beast. Ever since then “they” have kept him on mind control drugs that stop him from saving America from the evil republicans.

Look at that pic. Does this not say “stoned out of his mind” to you?

Wolfmoon on June 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Look at that pic. Does this not say “stoned out of his mind” to you?

Wolfmoon on June 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Think how he felt when he woke up in the morning…..

itsspideyman on June 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

“Donate $500 to my re-election campaign, and you can have sex with Michelle”

BobMbx on June 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Not even with yours

NoFanofLibs on June 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

..Bob and NoFan, when I stopped reeling with laughter over your exchange, I commemorated it on my blog. That should make it go viral in — what? — three, four more households?

Anyway, thanks for the supreme chuckle!

The War Planner on June 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM

“Barack is your husband too“.

Schadenfreude on June 22, 2012 at 4:45

Ewww, he sure ain’t mine :)…

jimver on June 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

A gravy bowl?

Ronnie on June 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I believe I’ll give a quarter. After all, he is a two bit president.

Lincoln Cadillac on June 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

So not only is he bankrupting our childrens’ futures but he also wants to have all their bat/bar mitzvah money now? Good grief, that’s just awful/pathetic/pitiful. Ugh.

KateNE on June 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

antipc on June 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Mrs. Dog had an inspired idea. We should all send toasters, and yes she intended the pun.

dogsoldier on June 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Totally classless, but I don’t even blink any more at the things they do. Just numb after three years of this crap.

silvernana on June 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I believe I’ll give a quarter. After all, he is a two bit president.

Lincoln Cadillac on June 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

How about an empty tin cup instead? NO alms for the boor! :-)

lynncgb on June 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM

dogsoldier on June 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I like how she thinks.

lynncgb on June 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM

silvernana on June 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Absolutely right, silvernana…nothing surprises me about these folks and what they do. Numb is the operative word…

StarLady on June 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Nothing but love for the Obamas in this debut on the world stage.

They represented our country proudly.

getalife on April 3, 2009 at 8:12 PM

OmahaConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Besides being both tacky and triflin’ this strikes me as very very intrusive. To the point where it is icky and borderline scary.

Cindy Munford on June 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Shouldn’t we have a choice?
1. Obama’s campaign
2. Pay off Secret Service damages at Martha’s vineyard
3. Pay off Michelle’s $50,000 Agent Provacateur bill
4. Buy a round of golf for Obama (he works so hard)
5. Contribute to daughter’s Mexican Spring Break expenses
6. Pay for separate jet for Bo for next family vacation

Sadly, we’re already paying for most of them.

talkingpoints on June 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

They’re deleting comments like crazy now.

There were upward of 500 comments — now it has been reduced to just over 200.

LMAO! Major Fail!

Not only that but the comments seem to be about 10-1 anti-0bama. At this rate he might not even finish his FIRST term.

baldylox on June 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

dogsoldier on June 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Excellent idea! Let’s see — I think I have an old toaster out in the garage I can send to the White House. Last I checked, one side still kind of works, if you jam the switch down with a spoon or something…

Mary in LA on June 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Man gets down on his knees and present a little box to his girlfriend. His girlfriend opens the box and finds a little receipt for a donation to Obama’s campaign. “Oh, honey… you shouldn’t have. I mean that. You SHOULDN’T HAVE.”

No nookie tonight.

The Rogue Tomato on June 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Actually, the way the comments are going on 0bama’s OWN SITE – the whole thing will be washed down the memory hole by morning. I stated earlier 10-1 ANTI-0bama … it’s really more like 100-1. I literally can’t stop reading them. He’s getting POUNDED. This has to be one of the MOST UN-presidential thing a sitting US President has ever done.

baldylox on June 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Gravy Bowl? Is that a Choom related gift idea?

Robert Jensen on June 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Did little Johnny and/or Susie just graduate High School? Are they all ready for college? Well, thanks to Republicans, there aren’t any jobs left, so there’s no need to send your grads off to an expensive university. Just sign over their college funds (unless you’ve already spent it on mundane things like food, gas, clothing and shelter (which would also be the Republicans fault by the way)) to help re-elect the greatest President ever!

Obama 2012

Left Coast Right Mind on June 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

All the picture says to me is “Ahhh, we’ve done it, now, let’s let other people take care of everything……………”

waterytart on June 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

This goes hand in hand with Obama supporting gay marriage. They can register to thank him.

Elisa on June 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I emailed this to my daughter and her fiance. I asked them if they really think they will need their presents next year for a house or would they like to donate them instead.

Elisa on June 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

silvernana on June 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

So true. The list goes on and on forever. I know I’ve forgotten at least half of the obnoxious and dangerous things Obama has done or said the last 3 years. It gets too upsetting to think about.

I still can’t believe this man is our President or that there are people left in this country who want him reelected.

Elisa on June 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Just when you think Obama has reached a new low. What’s next?
July -Prostitute your wife for Obama!
Aug – Sell your kids on the black market for Obama!
Sept- Send a message to the GOP by selling your organs for Obama.
Oct- Rob, cheat, steal, kill for Obama. Do it or DIE!
And after you die, leave all your money to Obama-and don’t forget you can still vote Democrat after you die!

Raquel Pinkbullet on June 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

The fact that these creeps in the WH would ask people to screw their friends and send their money to Obumbo instead isn’t the scariest part; the scariest part is a lot of people will probably do as they are asked by these creeps.

aposematic on June 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

War on Weddings

ProfShadow on June 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

LOL X 1,000,000!

Mutnodjmet on June 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Gravy Bowl is the most Freudian slip Obama has yet gaffed.

profitsbeard on June 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I love the smell of desperation in June: It smells like Romney victory in November!
Mutnodjmet on June 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I am L.M.A.O. – Iowahawk’s tweet and Professor Jacobsen’s bouquet made me feel like Mary Tyler Moore at Chuckles the Clown’s funeral.

Buy Danish on June 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

When are these two deadbeat mooching narcissists gonna just ask us to send them our paychecks?

These people are seriously mentally deranged.

stukinIL4now on June 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Coming soon…

Got an extra kidney? Who needs two? Sell one and donate the proceeds to Obama 2012. Make Baracks dream come true.

HumpBot Salvation on June 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Coming soon…

HumpBot Salvation on June 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I actually have a graphic for that HERE!

Mutnodjmet on June 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Prima Noctis!!

mozemoose on June 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I saw a great fundraising idea on Twitter.

For $5000 he’ll put your mother-in-law on the “kill list”.

The Rogue Tomato on June 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

DONATE TO YOUR FAVORITE _NOBAMA_ CANDITATE INSTEAD!!!!!!

schutzwk on June 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I want to donate $ -03.00 to the Obama campaign.

Hmm…or maybe even much much less!

Sherman1864 on June 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

DONATE TO YOUR FAVORITE _NOBAMA_ CANDIDATE INSTEAD!!!!!!

schutzwk on June 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

DONATE TO YOUR FAVORITE _NOBAMA_ CANDIDATE INSTEAD!!!!!! DO IT NOW!!!

schutzwk on June 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Subtitled, How to Have a Really Small Wedding.

Actually it’s a nice pic of their wedding day. They look happy and tired. When did they get so self-righteous and angry?

PattyJ on June 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Why stop there? Obviously Obama is the only one with genetic material worthy of passing on. I’m sure if you gave him enough money he’d come down from his throne in the clouds and impregnate your wife with child that’s way superior to anything your pathetic DNA could give her.

Cyhort on June 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

My best friend of over 31 years (since we were 7) got married a few hours ago. Had I done something like this on their behalf, I’m fairly certain that he and his lovely wife would quickly become 2 people that I used to know; and they barely even follow politics. Had they asked me to do it, I think the result would be the same.

Shameless!

rmel80 on June 23, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Wow, lefties are really keen on spending other people’s money…

Chockblock on June 23, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Obama, bless his dear little heart, knows he is going to be toast come November. But never let it be said that we at Hot Gas wouldn’t put a crowbar to our wallets to give the Obama family a housewarming gift for their move back home to Chicago.

So, in the same spirit of giving taat Barack Obama seeks to find within each of us, I have commenced a campaign to send him toasters prior to the election. Heaven knows, he’s gonna need them!

PolarCoug on June 23, 2012 at 3:51 AM

For a low, low donation of $1500, you’ll get official digital images of the first couple that you can Photoshop into the photos of your special day. Here are just a few possibilities:

- Add the smiling couple to your wedding party portrait.
- A close-up of the President with a microphone that can be seamlessly grafted into pictures from your wedding reception.
- The President looking somber as he takes his place as a pall-bearer for your dearly departed, as a tearful First Lady grieves with the surviving family members.
- The President and First Lady all smiles as they assist your loved ones in cutting the cake in celebration of their milestone anniversary.
- The President, complete with cap and gown, handing a diploma and shaking the hand of the graduate in your family.
- And many, many more…

Don’t delay! Send in your donation, and start making new memories today!

Left Coast Right Mind on June 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM

C’mon Obama!

I know what you really want crave:

Some choom weed!

Sherman1864 on June 23, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:

“O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.”

And God granted it.

-Voltaire

Yea and/or verily, this has been accomplished.

ajacksonian on June 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Up next: Obama tithing. It’s the right thing to do, and in exchange, you will be excused from detention in an Obama gulag. Beats the shqt out of a gravy bowl!

Greek Fire on June 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Subtitled, How to Have a Really Small Wedding.

It’s such a very happy picture. Let’s send them back to Chicago so they can have many, many, many more happy pictures.

LynnB74 on June 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM

This just shows you how twisted the whole redistribution of wealth is.

Don’t give a gift to your child; your 6 year old son, your 16 year old daughter, or your grandmother, your father, etc. Forget your friends; perhaps those in true need.

Give to Obama. The savior.

So that you can continue to give to Obama, and not your family and friends, and those in need.

You must give to The One, so that he and his materialistic, $15K/day makeup, wife can continue to live in the lap of luxury.

Hey, just stop giving to charities – Obama will take care of that.

And, don’t bother burying your relatives, either. Obama needs that death tax.

so-notbuyingit on June 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM

How about senior centers having “Bingo for Barack” nights? Or asking children to donate their teeth and he’ll cash them in with the Tooth Fairy?

waterytart on June 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM

What a bunch of money grubbers. First he was our daddy, calling us sons and daughters and now he’s our husband. That sounds perverted.

Kissmygrits on June 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

He and his minions really are as stupid as they look

scboy on June 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Look at that pic. Does this not say “stoned out of his mind” to you?

Wolfmoon on June 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Right analogy, I’d east off my arm too to escape.

MSGTAS on June 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I bet his next request will be from all women who have had abortions,

He forgot the gay marriage participants.

Even if he received donations from all of the underside of American he will not see a second term. He is not man enough to resign like Nixon – Republican have a higher degree of ethics than any Politicized Demoncrate ever could.

MSGTAS on June 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Hey, Hitler on the Potomac, you may want to try one of these equally charming ideas:

* Rappers contribute gold teeth through “Molars for The Moron” drive. Just click on “ChompersFromChumps.con and make your donation, today!

* Obama House Calls: SWAT team breaks down our doors and demands we sign “Automatic Debit Authorization Bank Form” to prevent those pesky monthly “shortfalls” in Obama’s Campaign Coffer.

* Obama EOs everyone over age 50 to go on permanent half-rations, with saved food money to be “contributed” to Obama re-election campaign. Do it voluntarily, and you get to keep your kneecaps.

Honestly, Democrats . . . aren’t you mortified at the behavior of “Mugabe Obama,” your slimy messiah? (Your Fools-goldplated calf.) No wonder your Party is a dejected, rejected laughingstock.

TheClearRiver on June 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM

The perfect gift for the honeymooners in your life – the Obama Phone!

Akzed on June 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Nice photo of the beard and groom.

Akzed on June 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That’s the most disgusting political begging I’ve ever seen! Yeah, let’s screw over the young newlyweds to give money to a freaker loser who is destroying this country. People would find themselves off the Christmas card list.

TXMomof3 on June 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM

a breath taking example of Narcissism from the Narcissist-in-Chief.

everything that happens to you- all the major life events like your wedding, your birthday, your anniversary -isn’t about you: it’s about obama. it’s all about obama. just had a baby? don’t start a college fund- give that nest egg to obama. planning for your retirement- don’t, donate to obama.

they’re just trash. trash with cash.

mittens on June 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Pathetic

gerrym51 on June 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Out: Dear Leader Kim Jong Il

In: Dear Leader Barack Obama

BobMbx on June 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

PolarCoug on June 23, 2012 at 3:51 AM

ROFL! Mrs. Dog is laughing heartily, too.

dogsoldier on June 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM

This must be for the Obama’s retirement home.

The Secret Service rounded up all the knives and forks from a luncheon Friday of NALEO before the President appeared.

“It’s very important that you use your utensils as soon as possible,” National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials board member Raquel Regalado told about 1000 delegates at the group’s annual conference.

I guess this means that they won’t need any silverware (except for spoons) .. a potato peeler sounds nice.

J_Crater on June 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I think Team Barry could set up some change jars at convenience stores, too. Maybe some gumball machines, too – where the proceeds go to the campaign.

They can hire a load of starry-eyed dreamers to make the rounds and collect the funds/restock the machines.

reaganaut on June 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Three words: Telethon.

/Biden

Left Coast Right Mind on June 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Trailer Park Trash …
Trying to cash in on a child that really doesn’t have a terminal disease.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on June 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM

TheClearRiver on June 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Well writ.
ChicagØbama pretty much sums up what I think of “The Windy City”.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on June 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Pic of the Day: The Couple That Reds Together, Stays Together

M2RB: Paul McCartney live from Red Square

Resist We Much on June 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Classless, trashy campaign…

southernms on June 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Urkel must have been dreaming of prima nocte when he came up with this.

Send him the honeymoon bedsheets instead.

pedestrian on June 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Smell that? It’s the discinct odor of desperation.

bob77 on June 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Does anybody have any concept for the formulation of practical jokes based on obama’s greed in having people give wedding and birthday donations to him instead of presents to bth B & G and the birthday kid? WE are already setting up my daughter-in-law, whose birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks. We are all giving her a donation card telling her we donated to obama in her name. (we are not really making the donation) Since there are very few things this beautiful young woman hates in this world, but obama is one of them, we ought to get a splendid reaction.

Old Country Boy on June 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM

During the Presidents presence in the room, all participants were required to use plastic sippy-cups with serial numbers. In addition, a shoe-proof barrier made of chicken-wire was erected between the smartest man on the planet and those sweaty, untrustworthy Mexicans.

BobMbx on June 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Old Country Boy on June 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My son provides me an Obama birthday card every year he’s been in office. It goes without saying these do not compliment BO in any way.

BobMbx on June 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM

A gravy boat would be a better Pres. than Barack.
They’re both empty vessels.

J_Crater on June 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM

In lieu of funeral flowers, please send Obummer $.
Instead of paying electric bill, sweat a little this summer and send Obummer the $ instead.
Who needs a kid college account when you could send the money to Obummer?
Tooth fairy? BAH! Send the dollar to Obummer instead.

pretty funny reading the comments.

samazf on June 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM

For those of us already married, I propose that we join in the effort and send every last crock pot to the White House. Michelle could then corner the market and make a killing on e-Bay selling them.

Crock Pot Pride for Obama!!

in_awe on June 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM