Video: Bullied bus monitor finds out that the Internet’s raised $125,000 for her

posted at 3:51 pm on June 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

The magical moment comes at 4:45 below. It’s unclear whether she already knew that people were donating and is shocked to learn how much they’ve kicked in or whether she’s finding out for the first time about the donation webpage, but either way, this is pure gold. If you suffered through yesterday’s bus ride through hell, watch this and be made whole again.

Needless to say, it’s not really about the money.

“I am amazed,” she said. “I’ve gotten the nicest letters, emails, Facebook messages. It’s like, wow, there’s a whole world out there that I didn’t know. It’s just really awesome.”

Oh, forgot to mention: The Fox interview happened around eight hours ago, so the $125,000 figure that Doocy quotes to her is already outdated — way, way outdated. As I’m writing this at 3:45, the anti-bully fundraising jackpot stands at … $290,000. And to think, I thought ObamaCare getting spiked by the Supreme Court was going to be our feelgood post of the day.

Two clips for you here, one from Fox and the other via Mediaite of CNN interviewing the man who put the donation page together. At this point, the Internet needs an “It’s a Wonderful Life” finale to this story replete with the formal presentation of a big check from the Reddit guys, no? “A toast, to our friend Karen — the richest woman in town.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

There it is. You’re a piece of sh1t. Goodbye. *flush*

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I think you better stop before you get banned. Putting in a “1″ in a lame attempt to cover up your profanity is still being profane.Is it possible that you are a bully? I think your name (ugly) really suits you and I don’t even know what you look like.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:05 AM

This is the kind of behavior you get when you let the libtards run the education system and prevent parents from discipline their children when they get out of line.

Not all idiots are liberals, but all liberals are idiots.

And good for those people who donated so she doesn’t have to put up with those future Department of Corrections permanent residents…

Wolftech on June 22, 2012 at 3:06 AM

If we had taken the stimulus and given it to the lowest 25% of the population, we could have cut checks for $11,000 each, or about $45,000 for a struggling family of four. But I’m sure they’d rather have the new government programs.

stout77 on June 22, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I don’t know, but someone on this thread, possibly didn’t get enough attention as a child.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Ha, ha, probably not, I mean, I certainly wasn’t babied like today’s children, or in this case, adults. But I think in the end it was all for the best, at least in my case. I think that many parents today would be surprised to find out that if you force kids to stand on their own 2 feet, they actually will!

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Dollayo, only child ?

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Dollayo, only child ?

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Nope, I have an older brother and and older sister. I was the youngest in the family. Maybe that is why I think that adults should have already grown up and long ago stopped giving children the power to traumatize them with immature taunts. Certainly there must me one conservative here that agrees with me??

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM

saddest part of all this is that the IRS is going to stoop-dive on that windfall like a crack whore going after a loose rock.

rayra on June 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM

rayra on June 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Ha, ha, I certainly agree with that. But don’t worry, I’m sure they will use it to fill those critical school bus monitor jobs.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Dollayo, I’m not certain I understand your point. Compassion is a human trait that is generally sought after as a good trait in character. Are you saying Conservatives are of bad character or good in general ?

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Not at all, I expected everyone here to agree with me. Mine is the conservative postion of self reliance, toughness, and strengh, not “oh, help me, some kids called me fat” cry cry cry, please pay my credit card off.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM

You have a problem with your understanding of the Conservative position then. The hour is late and I am actually sorry to say I can’t stick around to talk more with you. Think about this, while true Conservatives do hold and value those objectives you speak of as paramount. The benifit of holding those principles is compassion for others less fortunate. One permits the other if you will. I am as rugged an individual as you will find, I also am kind to those less fortunate . Think about that and reflect. I’ll hopefully see you again and we can talk more in depth about it. Good Night.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:51 AM

That’s the best you got? Cry me a river. I could tell you stories from YEARS of my life that would curl your toes.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Oh, I see, the truth comes out. Do you see yourself in this woman? If you are trying to beat me on being abused more than me, you win! Maybe you should have tried a right cross to the jaw in front of the whole class like I did, you would be surprised how few want to mess with you afterwords. You actually get respect from the other children for standing up for yourself as well as more respect for yourself for solving the problem yourself. And as for the bully? The jaw heals but the lesson lasts a lifetime. Its a win, win, win situation. Much better than a traumatized kid, peers who see you as weak, and a bully who pays no consequences

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Very well then, goodnight!

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM

You expect everyone to agree with you?

I expect 1 million dollars to magically materialize out of thin air and land in front of my feet.

Honey, we expect a lot of things. Whether we get it is a whole different story. And I am sorry to say, your expectation of people to agree with you is going to fall into great disappointment.

To quote Gene Wilder’s version of “Willy Wonka”: You LOSE, good DAY!

UODuckMan on June 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM

You expect everyone to agree with you?

To quote Gene Wilder’s version of “Willy Wonka”: You LOSE, good DAY!

UODuckMan on June 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Ha, ha, you certainly make a good point. I guess I should have said: “I expected more people here to agree with me.” That is really what I meant. Also, I think some people here will agree with me. Don’t worry, I’m not disappointed

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 5:52 AM

$450,000 currently!!!

Tbone McGraw on June 22, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I don’t believe there’s much to feel good about. I know one thing, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near Greece, NY if that’s how they raise their kids. I didn’t hear one kid try to help this woman, maybe I missed something.

If this is what liberal, socialist, education is doing to our kids, we’d better step back and take a look to see if this is really where we want to end up.

bflat879 on June 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I would like to clarify something here. I have said that I don’t think this woman is a victim and after watching the video again, I think even she would agree with me. I don’t think she was really crying when she said “I’m crying,” In fact, I really don’t think it bothered her very much at all, as it shouldn’t. After all, they are immature children engaging in childish taunting. If she were another child, I might feel differently but as I have said before, she isn’t a child, she is all grown up and understands that children are immature and mostly do this to build acceptance from their peers or to try to establish themselves as leaders in their groups. She knows that only a child would let such things get the better of them. Someone pointed out earlier that she never asked for the money. This is very true, but why?? Could it be because she never felt like a victim in the first place? I think most of the people who gave her money did it as a compassionate act falsely thinking she felt traumatized by these children. Further, I think she is blown away by the amount of money that has been raised on her behalf for such a silly little thing, probably struck by the irony that other children reach out from hospital beds, stricken with the worst diseases, begging for six figure donations like this. When I think of it like that I find myself puzzled how someone can accuse me of not being compassionate. Go figure

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Okay. And that has what to do with the question of whether she should accept the money that someone else chose to raise for her?

Well that’s awfully compassionate of you to speak for Karen Klein. Can you tell what I’m thinking right now?/

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I’ve said it before, and it’s worth repeating:

Caring how other people voluntarily spend their money, even if it is incredibly stupid, is not a conservative principle. Period. End-of-story. Call it No True Scotsman if you really want to, but in the end this story won’t cost anyone a dime who doesn’t give it freely, so my concern begins and ends with whether this particular instance is fraudulent or coercive — neither of which I believe it is.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Libfree…I mentioned race because I was responding to an event in 2011 that was similar to what chudi described in 1968.

Mo. City is a suburb of Houston. It is a very nice area that people, including many blacks, move to to escape the inner city I would guess.

With new schools in new neighborhoods of middle/upper middle class upwardly mobile people, mostly minority and in this case almost exclusively black, they have preserved the educational model they thought they were leaving behind.

Whites are the minority in Houston. My voting district is about 55% black and 10% white. I moved here less than 5 years ago by choice from a voting district that was 80% white. Not everyone sees the world through racial eyes like you do. I only made this response because you threw such blinkered assertions at me.

Somehow you allowed yourself to think I am close to your pathetic outlook. You are so delusional its amazing to me you can even breathe without assistance.

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM

bflat879 on June 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM | Delete | Delete and Ban

Not so sure that this is a lib/dem/prog issue.
I have 9 & 11 year old kids who ride a bus. It is the most dangerous thing they do all day. Good bus, good driver. Safe in that manner. It is the kids. They are BRUTAL to each other. My wife says that girls are the absolute worst. For 30 minutes, twice a day, they have a captured audience. No escape.

What those kids did on Greece bus was wrong, absolutely wrong. That they planned it out, recorded it and put it out on the web was even worse. What kind of society do we live in where kids have no inhibition about promoting their misdeeds.

Jabberwock on June 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM

She knows that only a child would let such things get the better of them.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

You’re absolutely right. Anyone who would let a situation like that bother them is so weak. So childish. In fact, she had it coming if it bothered her, right?

You were bullied, my ass. What, one kid mouthed off to you, and shut up when you smacked him? That’s not bullying, pal. Try having half a dozen or more people tormenting you at length, speculating about murdering you and your family killing themselves because of you. Hell, try having your entire class tormenting you for years, and always backing each other up when a teacher would notice anything. You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about, and you come off as a cold, arrogant creep.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I’m guessing Karen will never HAVE to ride the bus again. Thanks to a lot of caring and compassionate people. It’s up to the parents and school to deal with the kids, I hope they do.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM

$456,000 and counting

gradyman on June 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Thank you for that beatdown of Dolly. I was to upset to respond.
The implication that adults, as adults, should turn a blind eye to such actions is simply beyond comprehension.
The kids did not care about what they were doing and had NO FEAR of punishment.
Unfortunately, for them, they are learning, the hard way, that actions do have consiquences.

Jabberwock on June 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Jabberwock on June 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM

And fortunately, many kids who see this will realize that karma is a b*tch when it comes to bullying.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Are any of the news channels updating this? They should. The majority of Americans still know the difference between right and wrong.

kingsjester on June 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

God yes, I see it every day! Entire pediatric wards lined with hospital beds filled (two to a bed) with homeless waifs, stricken with all manner of terminal diseases. Their wails torment me as I pass by on my way to work, on the expressway, 5 miles away.

…..and every single one is asking for six figures!

Man, get a grip.

98ZJUSMC on June 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM

This is ridiculous. People have given this woman nearly $400K because she was bullied by middle school kids on a bus. Most intelligent, fat, skinny, different kids are bullied on middle school buses for two years and don’t get a dime. She should give all the money to charity.

fleiter on June 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM

fleiter on June 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM

This is ridiculous. The people that gave that money gave it knowing that it would go to Karen Klein. You shouldn’t give a crap what Mrs. Klein does with it, how much she’s getting, or even where it comes from. Envious, much?

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Nothing, I addressing the fact that some people characterized her as some kind of “victim.” I don’t think she is a victim because some immature children made fun of her. Perhaps I think she is stronger than you do??

I don’t speak for this woman, not at all. Looking at the video I don’t think she was or should be traumatized by a group of 9yr olds. I think such a notion is ridiculous and I would bet money that if asked, she would agree with me. Of course I don’t know for sure she believes that, but I’m willing to bet money on it.

I’ve said it before, and it’s worth repeating:

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I couldn’t agree with you more on this point! I support freedom for people to do what they wish with their own money. However, I will laugh at people who claim giving this woman money is similar to giving money to important charities.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

In a world where pr!cks, bu77heads and the truly stupid thrive, it’s nice to see a random act of kindness.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit, if democrats and their IRS gestapo step in to “collect” their “fair share” to “redistribute” out to their base.

BruthaMan on June 22, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

As I said upthread, I’m agnostic on whether it’s actually a good or bad idea. I don’t have an opinion one way or another. But it’s two sides of the same coin. I happen to agree with you that this might encourage fraudulent or coercive tactics in the future, but so what? Caveat emptor.

And as for you not speaking for Karen Klein, “I don’t think she was traumatized” is a pretty bald assertion for someone who supposedly isn’t doing that. Oh well. We’ll just have to settle on a few very stark differences of opinion in this matter.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

fleiter on June 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Absolutely right. Good conservatives shame people for coming into money, point out that others in their plight don’t have any, and issue demands about how they spend that money. Spread the wealth!

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

You forgot your sarc tag, Maddy.

And might I remind you and all the rest of my fellow “TrueCons,” conservatism doesn’t mean the same thing now that it did 50 years ago.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I don’t speak for this woman, not at all.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I had a friend like you, once. Prided himself on his passive-aggressiveness.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

…meaning?

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

fleiter on June 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I think you trivialize the gesture by saying “people” have given her $400K. Try thinking of it this way – 20 some thousand people have donated on average $20 to her. I think you’ll see there is a difference.

I live in Minnesota. I can’t offer to her help her with groceries. I can’t mow her lawn for her. What I can do is send her a small amount of money to help a widow who was wronged by these “children”. I can send her a personal message of support on Facebook.

Begrudging this woman the money seems awfully insensitive to me considering most of us will never have the ability to personally help her.

VengeanceIsMine on June 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

…meaning?

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Meaning that people that claim the conservative mantle often express sentiments and embrace principles that don’t seem very conservative to me (e.g. some of these responses to L’Affaire Karen Klein). I used to fear we were turning into Europe. Now I fear we are Europe.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Online fund reaches $450K for school bus monitor taunted by kids.

SWEET now she never has to put up with that suburban spawn again.

Living well really is the best revenge.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I’m also bothered by the fact that people are bemoaning her $15K per year salary. $15K/year doesn’t sound like much but how many hours do you put in as a school bus monitor? This is obviously a part time job. If you put in an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon for 9 months out of the year that comes out to $38.46 per hour. If that was a 40/hr a week job the annual salary would be $80K.

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hey Hobo — YOU try living on a total of $15,000 a year. TRY IT. I DARE YOU.

pastselldate on June 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Dude, you’re being a bit obtuse. Explain where people are failing in their conservatism by being glad for a woman receiving charity.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM

She reminds me of my late grandmother. God bless her.

littleguy on June 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think you misunderstand me. It’s not the people being glad for her that are failing in their conservatism. It’s folks like Dollayo who, for all I know, are envious of Karen Klein. It’s not a conservative principle to care what other people choose to do with their money. I’m with you on this one. :)

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

No, of course I never said she had it comming. However, if she let 9yr old school bus taunts traumatize her, she is weak.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Oh wow, were you the victim of bullies?? Is that what this is about? You?? Do you see yourself in this woman?? Try to stick with the subject and the facts here. I heard no threats of murder to this woman or her family. The entire class didn’t taunt this woman. None of these things happened in this case. Try to stick with the facts. (1) 3 or 4 young children taunted an authority figure on a school bus,(2)she brushed it off like an adult, (3)a bunch of people gave her half a million bucks. She is hardly a charity case.

One more thing, calling people names such as “arrogant creep” while claiming they don’t know anything about bullying is rather ironic and terribly funny!

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I must agree that $400K because a child called you “fat” might be going overboard. It’s not her fault that this much was raised. But this is more about the donators feeling fuzzy about themselves for donating than it is for actually helping a ‘charity’ case. Else I think a more needy charity could be found. Yes it’s great she feels good and we feel good for helping her feel good. But on another level, it’s turned into rewarding someone for being a ‘victim’ and celebrating victim-hood. I have no problem with her getting a huge chunk of money for this. It’s a good a reason as any. Better than Solyndra which wasn’t even my choice. But there is a point where money would be better spent toward action that would allow people in her position to do something about the bullying without getting fired or sued. So then she isn’t the only one helped, but everyone in her position is helped. Everyone is bullied at some point. The problem here is that we have an adult who doesn’t have the tools to handle it. Probably through no fault of her own. But that’s what needs to be fixed as there are many in her situation dealing with abusive kids.

MechanicalBill on June 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I said “I DON”T THINK she was traumatized,” I didn’t say “She wasn’t traumatized.” The former is an opinion and the later would be speaking for her. Fair enough?

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM

She reminds me of my late grandmother. God bless her.

littleguy on June 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Kind of person you wish would win the lottery, but doesn’t so folks created a lottery for her ;)

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Like I said, there are differences of opinion here I don’t believe you and I will be able to get past. Okay.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Hey Hobo — YOU try living on a total of $15,000 a year. TRY IT. I DARE YOU.

pastselldate on June 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I hate to tell you but Hobo is right. It is a PART TIME JOB that pays $35.46/hr. I don’t think anyone expects her to live on just a part time job.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mrs. Klein was on a fixed income, most likely social security.

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Karen Klien is 68 years old so she is eligible for SS.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Ah, okay. I did misunderstand you. Solidarity! :D

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Thank you for that beatdown of Dolly. I was to upset to respond.

Really? Too upset to respond? My opinion on this actually made you upset? Wow, I certainly didn’t mean to upset you, that was not my intention. However, I never implied that adults should turn a blind eye toward the behavior of these children. In fact, I have said earlier in this thread that these kids should be punished. It was this woman who didn’t do anything. She didn’t monitor anything. In fact, she did turn a blind eye to it. She didn’t even report it even though it is her job to do so.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

However, if she let 9yr old school bus taunts traumatize her, she is weak.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

That response merits nothing more than “you’re an a**hole”, along with a reposting of this hilariously ironic quote:

When I think of it like that I find myself puzzled how someone can accuse me of not being compassionate. Go figure.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I hear ya absolutely blame the victim. What do you think the the job description is for a school bus monitor? Do you think they are like night club bouncers?

Bus monitors are responsible for assisting children with getting on and off of the bus safely. They must also make sure that children are in their assigned seats, if applicable. They must make sure that children get off of the bus at the correct stops and that they are being released to the proper guardians

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

gryphon202 on June 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I said no such thing. You sure jumped at the notion, though. Nice bullying tactic.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

You don’t know anything about bullying, which this statement clearly demonstrates. Bullying occurs when the victim has done nothing to antagonize others. You called this woman a liar, directly stating that you think she was being untruthful about crying.

And I never called you an arrogant creep. I said that’s how you’re coming off with your attitude. You’re still coming off that way, and you’re also quite quick to paint yourself as a victim, I see.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM

she brushed it off like an adult

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

You’re speaking for her, again. Do you personally know this woman? Then you have no idea how she handled it. Again…coming off like an arrogant creep.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

She didn’t even report it even though it is her job to do so.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Really? Tell us her exact job responsibilities, since you seem to know them firsthand.

It is a PART TIME JOB that pays $35.46/hr.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Do you know that for a fact, or are you just dreaming up her schedule in your head and estimating based on that?

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM

MC you’re a master. That is good Del quality stuff bub.

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I don’t see her as a victim and I don’t think she sees herself as one either. I think she has strong charater and knows when adolescents insult authority figures they are saying more about themselves than about the people they insult. In fact, it is only people like you who think she is a victim. Perhaps I think she is stronger than you do.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

It is a PART TIME JOB that pays $35.46/hr.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

So part time it comes to about 2 1/2 hours/day for the 170 or so days a year she works at that rate if her sole income is the $15k reported. If she qualifies for SS and that is part of the income she’s probably making closer $14/hour. What was your point again?

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hobo did the math for you, try to read what others write, don’t just hump on my leg.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Read the rest of my post and you will read my point. Few people expect her to live on just a part time job.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

“By calling her weak, and accusing her of lying, I’m actually showing more respect for her than you are. In fact, those kids on the bus demonstrated just how strong she was. It should happen more often.”

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hobo did the math for you…

First of all, you misquoted the number that Hobo stated. He said $38.46, not $35.46. Take your own advice:

try to read what others write

Secondly, Hobo’s math was pulled out of his backside. It was based on the notion of two hours a day, when neither he nor you have any idea exactly how much time she puts in. Maybe it’s two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. Maybe she has to check in and out before each trip. Maybe she has to attend meetings or other gatherings related to her position. The fact of the matter is you have no goddamned idea what her job entails, and you’re too arrogant to admit that.

don’t just hump on my leg.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

And the bully comes out, as I knew it would.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Do you have trouble reading? I specifically said that she is NOT WEAK because she didn’t let a bunch of adolescents on a school bus teasing her about her weight affect her. She let it roll right off her back. It is you who think she is so weak that some childish taunts delivered from children themselves traumatized her to the point of feeling victimized. Not only that but to prove it you stated a bunch of hyperbole about what it is like to be bullied, none of which was in evidence in this case. In fact, this woman wasn’t bullied at all according to your own account of what being bullied means.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

How would you know what I think or anyone else thinks?

Are you a mind reader? Are you clairvoyant?

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Fair enough, I will concede the point on her salary. Perhaps the school bus monitor only make $14/hr, we really don’t know for sure and I don’t know if she is in a union or not.If Hobo’s math is wrong take it up with Hobo, no? The truth is, it is a part time job. Few people can live on income just from a part time job. As for the part about ‘humping my leg’, haha. it was meant as a joke and not an insult, please take it that way. Chill out, it’s not like I’m a commie loving, terrorist kissing, socialist leftist liberal Stalinist democrat. haha

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM

How would you know what I think or anyone else thinks?

Are you a mind reader? Are you clairvoyant?

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Ummmm, because you called her a victim maybe??

I hear ya absolutely blame the victim
Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I assume when you called her a victim that you believed she is a victim. I hardly have to be a mind reader to read what you write. I mean, this came from your keyboard, right??

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I’m just sitting here, blinking at this statement. Do go on.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM

So besides being clairvoyant you are also a literalist that can’t comprehend sarcasm.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Again, explain how you know this for a fact. Do you know her personally? If not, how do you know that she would let an experience like that roll off her back, and that it didn’t affect her? Once again, you’re declaring speculation as fact. We made good progress with you admitting that you don’t know anything about her salary, even though you refused to admit you also don’t know her schedule or responsibilities. One step at a time, right?

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Yes that’s obvious – You assume a lot.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

It’s co-dependent

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM

libfreeordie on June 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Here’s the thing, it’s a sad fact that 75% of African American children are born to single mothers, with no regular father figure in the home. Those mothers that do so, work to keep their heads above water and are not able to be present to discipline their children or participate in school. Those that don’t care to work, are exemplars of the problem. Moreover, these single mothers are, more often than not, teenagers themselves, with little to no idea how to raise a child or how to instill discipline and respect. Their children are dumped on any family member available and are thus shuffled from one home to another with no continuity or consistency in behavior expectations.

President Johnson (a Democrat, I might add) caused this sorry state of affairs when his so-called war on poverty (how’s that workin’ out by the way?) made it more profitable to remain unmarried, unemployed and in a state of perpetual child-birthing, than it was to marry, work at a job or inside the home, and have children after marriage. This all but destroyed the African American family unit, the vast majority of which were two-parent households before Johnson showed up, and which were more successful, and produced more successful offspring, as a result.

totherightofthem on June 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Okay, I can’t let this load of BS go by without a response. I don’t have to know this woman to know how she handled it because I watched how she handled it in the video! It was right there for all to see. I believe that she said “I’m crying” as more of a retort than a statement of fact. I invite you to go back to the video and look at the context in which it was said. But it is you who just assumes she couldn’t handle it. You are arrogantly calling her too weak to dismiss childish taunts from children themselves. Can’t you see that? You are insulting her by claiming the words of children have victimized her!

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Yes that’s obvious – You assume a lot.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Okay, lets go through this one step at a time. You claimed that I am blaming the victim. Who is the victim if it is not this woman? You claimed she is a victim. YOUR words. I don’t have to assume it or read your mind about it, YOU SAID IT. Explain yourself??

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Oh, okay. When the video ended, she never gave it another thought? Her handling of the situation was finished when the video was over? Good to know that life doesn’t exist outside of a YouTube video.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM

You’re the one calling her weak, and we have no reason to not take her at her word that she was in fact crying. She says in multiple videos that she was trying to ignore it but obviously couldn’t. She looked at the window to ignore them, which is something people do if they’re crying and don’t want people to know.

Why don’t you just let this go? Obviously this isn’t as big as giving to a charity. I haven’t seen anyone claim it is. But that doesn’t mean you have to keep tearing the situation down.

In truth, I’m sure much of this is just people responding to their own past and trying to prove that the good people do win in the end, not the bullies. But so what? Does that hurt you in some way? This is cathartic for so many people, and if it’s worth the $10 or whatever they’ve donated, then why does it bother you so much?

Esthier on June 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Yes that’s obvious – You assume a lot.

Dr Evil on June 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Wait, maybe you agree with me that she IS NOT a victim? Is that it? haha, you can’t have it both ways.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Esthier on June 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM

If you want a response please go back to page 3 of this thread and read all my posts on this topic. You will find most of your questions answered. I don’t want to explain it all again. Thank you

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I just know what the video shows and that is how she handled it when it happened. If she gave it a second thought after the fact, I don’t know and neither do you. I suspect her handling of this situation was finished when the bus ride ended and was only renewed in her mind when she found out about the video and all the money people were giving her, but again, neither of us knows for certain. You seem to assume she went home in tears and cried all night long about it or something.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM

These kids are just like the kids that rode on my bus back in the 80s and coincidentally it was about only 30 minutes away from where I rode. I don’t think this is isolated. Our schools are full of bullies. I think that if the bullies of my age had cell phones with cameras they too would have recorded their bad actions to boast of them in the future.

shick on June 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM

$507,016.00

Seven Percent Solution on June 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM

$507,016.00

Seven Percent Solution on June 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM

*clink* ?

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM

She said she was crying. I take her at her word. You do not. You accuse her of lying.

If she was crying, it’s reasonable to assume the event affected her. She said she was crying. QED.

The only way you can assume she was unaffected is by standing firm in your accusation that she was lying. You have no proof of this. What you do have is her word, along with remarks by the students in the video that her glasses fogged up.

Nothing more need be said. You are little more than a passive-aggressive internet contrarian, getting off on being the loudest dissenter for the sake of dissent.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM

shick on June 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I think you are right about this. The truth is: teasing, taunting, and childish insults are part of growing up. Most people out grow doing it and most of those who are on the receiving end of it stop letting it bother them as they grow up. On the other hand, some people on both side never can let it go no matter how old they get.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM

What was your point again?

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Read the rest of my post and you will read my point.
Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Fair enough, I will concede the point on her salary. Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Dang, that was easy. Go back to dKos dollayo.

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I think she said “I’m crying” as a retort to the verbal attacks on her. It was really not true but she didn’t say it to be deceptive but rather to try to get the children to stop taunting her. It clearly didn’t work. If you want to call that ‘being a liar’ those are your words. As for the rest of your comments about me personally, I think you are just angry that I disagree with you on this and feel the need to attack me personally to protect your weak and debunked position. Its a sure sign that I have won this argument.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Dang, that was easy. Go back to dKos dollayo.

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Awwww, come on, that was weak, DailyKos?? Now I feel like a victim of an insult. :)

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Seems clear you were never bullied if you think this is at all a tactic.

And thanks for the offer, but you’re posting a novel here.

Esthier on June 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Seems clear you were never bullied if you think this is at all a tactic.

And thanks for the offer, but you’re posting a novel here.

Esthier on June 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Well, I can type fast. I actually was once bullied and I recounted the incident in the above posts. Rest assured that the taunts directed at me were far worse than the ones in this video. If my experience doesn’t qualify as bullying then these mild insults about her weight certainly don’t.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I actually was once bullied and I recounted the incident in the above posts.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Yeah. You once punched a mouthy kid and he stopped being mouthy. We’re dazzled by your sensitivity to the bullied, while you continue to call a bullied elderly woman a weak liar.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Oh Madison, you lost this one, give it up! Stop feeling more sorry for what happened to this woman than she herself does. Stop trying to equate your own experiences with hers, she is not you! It is clear that you still haven’t gotten over the bullying you received in school but you should because it’s unhealthy to hold such a grudge your whole life.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Again, you were not bullied, not in any significant way.

If you had been, while you may certainly forgive the individuals who bullied you(as I have), you do not forgive the concept of bullying, nor do you tolerate it. It happens in every walk of life, and every aspect…from school to work to politics and onward. Those that are bullied never forget what it is to be bullied, and fight it when they see it. Your nonchalance and indifference demonstrates only that you lack the emotional depth for compassion…and I’ll reinforce that point with the following two quotes of yours, once again, and then you can sit here and whine some more about how weak a bullied, elderly woman is.

However, if she let 9yr old school bus taunts traumatize her, she is weak.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

It’s perfectly fine to have your own opinion about the bullied. Just be aware that yours is uninformed.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM