Video: Bullied bus monitor finds out that the Internet’s raised $125,000 for her

posted at 3:51 pm on June 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

The magical moment comes at 4:45 below. It’s unclear whether she already knew that people were donating and is shocked to learn how much they’ve kicked in or whether she’s finding out for the first time about the donation webpage, but either way, this is pure gold. If you suffered through yesterday’s bus ride through hell, watch this and be made whole again.

Needless to say, it’s not really about the money.

“I am amazed,” she said. “I’ve gotten the nicest letters, emails, Facebook messages. It’s like, wow, there’s a whole world out there that I didn’t know. It’s just really awesome.”

Oh, forgot to mention: The Fox interview happened around eight hours ago, so the $125,000 figure that Doocy quotes to her is already outdated — way, way outdated. As I’m writing this at 3:45, the anti-bully fundraising jackpot stands at … $290,000. And to think, I thought ObamaCare getting spiked by the Supreme Court was going to be our feelgood post of the day.

Two clips for you here, one from Fox and the other via Mediaite of CNN interviewing the man who put the donation page together. At this point, the Internet needs an “It’s a Wonderful Life” finale to this story replete with the formal presentation of a big check from the Reddit guys, no? “A toast, to our friend Karen — the richest woman in town.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Do you all know *nothing* about higher education?

libfreeordie on June 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

com se com sa

libfreeordie on June 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM

rogerb on June 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Send it to Mitt or a Republican Senator…let’s purge libs from Washington, and you will see problems like this begin to decrease.

right2bright on June 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Not until you start purging them from the educational system. Until you do that, these zombies will keep reappearing. Give everything relating to Education back to the states. Get rid of Carter’s DOE and clamp down on student loans. Without the constant flow of government-backed funds, universities will be forced to purge the Stupid Studies programs. State and Local is where the war is won. Fighting the Federal is a quagmire.

98ZJUSMC on June 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

com se com sa

libfreeordie on June 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM

rogerb on June 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Did she really write that????

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

$384,134k! GO KAREN GO

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Yet another reason I’m a very proud redditor. We take care of our own. Liberal or Conservative – most things transcend politics. It really is the most awesome internet community. If you’re there – you’re family. Period.

baldylox on June 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Let’s make sure this good lady can retire now and NEVER deal with those hellions again!

I so love and have faith in REAL AMERICANS!

wildcat72 on June 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

$400k in a few short minutes =)

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Good for Grandma! She sat there and took it and got rewarded.
The only thing that bothers me about this “feel sorry” pay-off is, well, if you can net six figures on something like this then I suspect we will see some “feel sorry” scripted scams coming our way based on this case in the very near future.

Dollayo on June 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

First, when they asked Karen why she didn’t do something, she said, “if I did something, I would have been fired.” We all have heard the stories of common sense actions causing a reaction because every parent believes their little angel is innocent and it’s the teacher, monitor, school’s fault. Never the angel’s fault. Look at the dad saying his son has learned his lesson. Really, has he learned? Doubtful. This kind of cruelty used to be beaten out of a bad kid, now you can’t spank your own kid without some busy body complaining.
And…the only thing that bothers you……really? Try again, sport.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

$394,344

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Granny’s going to start her own bus company!

profitsbeard on June 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM

=)

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM

“$394,344″

O.K. already!! Since people seem to have so much loose money to throw around, there are a lot of abused animals in need of help!

theaddora on June 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

“$394,344″

theaddora on June 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I think people can relate more to their elders, here, than some stupid animal.

Oh. Sorry. So very mean of me.

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

400K :)

BCrago66 on June 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM

“$394,344″

theaddora on June 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I think people can relate more to their elders, here, than some stupid animal.

Oh. Sorry. So very mean of me.

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Give to both.
And, that was very ugly of you, ugly. Animals are like kids, they look to their people for care. I think animal abuse should be punishable by death, along with child rape.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Bless the chillins for their bully bullyin’ ways and and keep passing the plate of bullion! I think Karen is going to make some good but dubious friends starting soon!

And long lost relatives suddenly drop by to see their favorite aunt and grandmother and what have you….

Sherman1864 on June 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

A guy named Barracks or something from Kenya, Hawaii, Indonesia, Ireland, and Chicago will likely invite “Karen” to a nice dinner….

Sherman1864 on June 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM

People can give to any charity they wish to, whether it be to Karen or to animal shelters. It’s nobody’s business but theirs.

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Sherman1864 on June 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I’m guessing he’d invite the hellions. Future OWSer’s and democrats.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BZZZZAPOW!

*hornetstung*

;)

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I haven’t followed this story at all up to now but I just watched part of these interviews and my initial reaction is what exactly is a school bus monitor paid to do? People are acting like it’s in their job description to be abused and threatened by punk kids.

I’m also bothered by the fact that people are bemoaning her $15K per year salary. $15K/year doesn’t sound like much but how many hours do you put in as a school bus monitor? This is obviously a part time job. If you put in an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon for 9 months out of the year that comes out to $38.46 per hour. If that was a 40/hr a week job the annual salary would be $80K. Sorry to piss on a feel good story but that is ridiculous. These kids need a smackdown but they’re doing what kids do – whatever they can get away with. That is ostensibly what the monitor is there to stop.

Rant mode off, you can now attack me as a heartless bastard pissing on a feelgood story. I only watched excerpts of the original video so maybe I’m missing something.

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BZZZZAPOW!

*hornetstung*

;)

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

No. Just be kind to animals. I don’t have kids, I consider mine part of the family. :)

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Umm… I have several animals. I love each and every one (I wouldn’t feed them otherwise). Don’t take my brevity as some sort of cruel humor. It’s Happily Cruel Humor =P

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Is that like shiny, happy socialism?
And, your animals are like my animals…if they don’t get fed at the right time, they let you know it. :)

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

So?

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Okay.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

She mentioned in the interview that she had credit card debt and bills that the money would help with. The kids made her life harder. The donations made her life easier. Balance.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

…you can now attack me as a heartless bastard pissing on a feelgood story. I only watched excerpts of the original video so maybe I’m missing something.

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I don’t think you’re a heartless bastard. But I do think you’re missing where Karen said she was afraid of losing her job if she took action. And you know that sort of stuff happens all the time. It’s easy to talk big when it’s not your own ass on the line.

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Not to mention, according to the Indiegogo website set up for her, the collected money will be used for a nice vacation. Everyone who donates money knows exactly what it will be used for. If it pays down her debt, so much the better.

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

So?

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I think it shows that there are still good people out there. Some are giving $10, some $200, but enough people were touched by the hurt this woman endured and gave. I don’t think the guy who started it thought it would get this big. But, it did and I think it’s good. My opinion.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Careful, MadCon. Someone might see your soft underbelly. :)

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I’m agnostic on whether the cash reward itself is a good or bad thing. I haven’t donated yet, though I have 29 more days to make up my mind. I just always thought that principled conservatives don’t care how others choose to spend their money. Apparently I was mistaken or something.

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Don’t forget TWO ’rounds’ of “getting ready” and TWO round trip commutes a day………….time = money and fuel adds up

Katfish on June 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

com se com sa

libfreeordie on June 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM

rogerb on June 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Did she really write that????

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

libfreeordie is a she????
I figured it had no nuts…but never suspected a she!
I work during the day and try to make comments through out the day…but don’t follow the whole thread till I get home…
I see you were crying today about a comment I made…and quite often…so come on back and cry…I have hankies! I’m ready for you to weep.

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Is that like shiny, happy socialism?

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

;)

Ugly on June 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

See BS news says it’s over $350,000.

Jaibones on June 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

It is actually up to $411,687.

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I didn’t see that part but I’m still not sympathetic to that. If she can’t do anything about that, what can she do anything about? What is the purpose of her being on that bus and what is the purpose of taxpayers paying an extra $15K per school year per bus to give kids a punching bag on which to hone their antisocial behavior?

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I won’r attack you but clarify a few things. Yes, she only worked a few hours a day, probably more than 2 by the way…most bus routes round trip are longer than an hour especially with stops, loading and unloading. And you’re conflating it into a 40 hour work week makes no sense. She is a senior citizen so she either couldn’t get a 40 hour a week job because of her hearing and eyesight problems or was supplementing her Social Security.
Bus monitors are simply there to be witness for the driver so that any incident isn’t just a he said/she said situation. They really have no power at all because of the rules against interaction with the students. Trust me, this and a school bus driver are not jobs most people would want. I know they couldn’t pay me enough to do them. So this lady must have really needed the money.
As for kids being kids, well maybe in your world but in mine I expect respect. As a former teacher in some really bad inner city areas I demanded and got respect from my students. Back then this would have meant immediate suspension and off the bus permanently.
A lot of school districts are farming out their buses to private companies and it’s a world of difference. These drivers don’t worry about PC and will dump off an unruly student after a call to the school and parents.

Deanna on June 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hobo (and others out there),

If you want to donate money to this cause, as I did yesterday, then please join in.

If you want to donate money to a different cause, then please do.

If you wish to refrain from donating money to this – or any – cause, that’s also certainly your right.

Grow up, already.

The Resolute Desk on June 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Lucky for those 13 year old thugs/idiots that they aren’t my son(s)… They would not have had a good day when I got home, and they would be spending the ENTIRE summer detailing her car with a toothbrush AND cutting her grass…

Khun Joe on June 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You reinforce what I said. I didn’t say kids will be kids, I said they’ll do what they can get away with. You directly back by saying you demanded and received the respect of your students. I’ve seen teachers that have been beaten down and are numb to it and just don’t care anymore. While it’s easy to feel sorry for them, the reality is that they are feeding the problem and need to be removed from the system if they don’t have the drive to properly handle the problem kids.

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM

*puts on devil’s advocate hat*………and You / We know THIS one ISN’T?

HOW?

answer: we DON’T

Although I do believe this is legit……..

OH and “chalk it up”?
Chalk it up to friggin Doctor SPOCK – “THANKS for NUTTIN Doc!”

Katfish on June 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I agree with you. How do we know this isn’t one big scam for symapthy and money? The truth is, we don’t know for certain and this fact alone makes doing something like this a very viable way to scam people out of money, this is a fact and one thing I am sure of is a viable way to scam people out of money exists people will try it. I will bet that some people will see this story and get the idea to go for it.

Well, she didn’t ask for the money. People stopped to think about something other than themselves. This was grassroots and shows maybe we are still worth saving.

AllahsNippleHair on June 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Who is to say she didn’t ask for it? Someone she knows might have been the one who decided to set up the fund for her and might be secretly splitting it with her. It could have been all a big hoax. To be clear I am not claiming this is a fraud, in fact, I don’t think it is. My only point is that I feel certain that this case will spawn scammers in the future, hey, it’s over a half million bucks now!

Also, after reading all the comments here I have to agree with the people who say she should never have been hired as a school bus monitor. The truth is, she didn’t do her job. She didn’t monitor anything. She didn’t write up any of the children. By her own admission she “tried to block out what was happening” and just sat there and took it. Why are taxpayers paying her to act like a target for the kids to throw darts at? $15,000/yr to spend an hour riding the bus to school 200 days a year is hardly terrible pay, to the contrary, its a waste of money.

Dollayo on June 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hobo (and others out there),

Grow up, already.

The Resolute Desk on June 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Please quote me where I criticized anybody giving money to her. It’s your money and I don’t care what you do with it and have not suggested otherwise. I also didn’t make an ad hominem like you did.

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Well, not to seem like to dogpile on you, Hobo, but you should also take into consideration of *where* this woman works at…New York State, which is not exactly a cheap place to live.

$15k is not a lot to live on…I should know, my mom raised 3 kids on that average salary working for the NYC BOE for over 25 years…and a *union* position at that. (non teacher position)

One of my early lessons is that work=$ and hard, steady work= A lot more $$$…The only reason why we made it at all was because we pitched in and made it work.

So when they tell you that there are jobs “Americans wont do”, I’m telling you from personal experience that a load of meadow muffins.

BlaxPac on June 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Do some effing research on this. It started on Reddit and took off from there. I suppose 9/11 was an inside job too?

Idiot.

You-Eh-Vee on June 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Dollayo on June 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

You obviously don’t what a school bus monitor does. They are not there to control or discipline. They are there to assist in loading and unloading the children and making sure the children get off at the correct stops. They assist in evacuations and are expected to know how ti use the radio should something happen to the driver. They are there as a witness for the driver, in today’s world one adult cannot be alone with a group of children.
And geez when was the last time you timed a bus route? An hour? First they meet the driver at school, then there are all the stops, then the unloading at school. Then the same thing in reverse at the end of the day. Then there’s bad weather and late riders. If you think all that takes only an hour you are really out of touch. My grandkids ride 40 minutes one way on their bus and they’re not the first or last riders.
You critics crack me up. You wouldn’t last 5 minutes on a school bus full of kids, and sure as heck wouldn’t do it for the pay they get. I know I wouldn’t.

Deanna on June 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

As of 11:15 pm CDT, the total of donations is over $427,000.

englishqueen01 on June 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Just sent this lady a 20. Now closing in on 1/2 a million. I can only hope my small contribution helps to make up for some of the hurt this lady had to endure. I also hope the little inhuman monsters that mercilessly mocked her feel even worse about that fact that their victim is making a mint off this whole ordeal. My perfect revenge fantasy would not be to pummel these little children within an inch of their little worthless lives, but have Karen drive by the school every morning in her Ferrari convertible, with an Armani suit & Gucci purse and wave to these kids shouting “How do you like me now?”

VengeanceIsMine on June 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

It’s tacky. The kids were aholes who need discipline and the woman was obviously out of her depth and not capable of doing her job. It;s nice that she got something for her troubles but the amount is stupid.

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It would have been “tacky” if she herself or her family had almost immediately started to solicit funds for herself and/or her cause.

Unlike Trayvon Martin’s parents, she didn’t.

Del Dolemonte on June 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Hobo (and others out there),

But please do everyone a favor and just leave it at that. Why criticize, or bemoan the fact that thousands of people want to make life magical for one random, elderly woman who’s had a tough life?Grow up, already.

The Resolute Desk on June 21, 2012 at 11:29

Couldn’t agree more. Now, some high falutin’ tax lawyer get busy, pro-bono, and let her keep as much as possible.

F*k the US Government.

Instant Karma goes both ways.

98ZJUSMC on June 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM

And…the only thing that bothers you……really? Try again, sport.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

First, if doing something will get her fired than she should never have been hired. School bus monitors should monitor the school bus. I’m not saying she should have slapped the brats across their filthy faces, but how about monitoring the children? After all, that is why she is there.

Secondly, if you had read the entire sentence I said “The only thing that bothers me about the pay-off”. I was talking about the pay off only, that is why I wrote the words “about this pay off” after the words “the only thing that bothers me”. Got it sport?

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

“Pay-off”? What ‘pay-off’ would that be, exactly, Sport? Do you think she feels better about herself now? Do you think she wants/wanted this money? Do you think an old lady is above a few dollars (even if adds up to a few hundred grand)?

Why begrudge the victim, SPORT?

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Max S posted an announcement 3 hours ago

There is a petition to Obama to get Karen all the money tax free, please sign it if you can!

Max S is officially an idiot. Then again Obama does not pay attention to current law so maybe he could change the Tax code for a single person.

F15Mech on June 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

F15Mech on June 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Well this is embarrassing…
We couldn’t find the page you were looking for.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bitter much? Christ.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bitter much? Christ.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’m not bitter at all and that is funny coming from you.

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Animals are like kids..

Well, there’s your problem. Animals are like kids…yeah, for people who don’t have kids or don’t love their kids. Sheesh.

newtopia on June 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Why begrudge the victim, SPORT?

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

By “pay off” I mean the half a million bucks she is going to get for, sitting there and not doing anything. Okay, maybe “donations” might be a better choice of words than “pay-off”. As for the question of if she wants the money?? Yes, I think she wants the money and I would be very surprised if she turns it down. The fact is, if she takes the money, she wanted it, correct??

Also, I don’t see her as a victim at all. She is an adult. Adults are not children and shouldn’t be treated as children. If a bunch of middle school children with filthy mouths traumatizes her to the point of being a victim then she has the mentality of a child. Bullying only works on those who allow it to bother them (particularly when an immature child is insulting an mature adult), at one time most people figured this out before they turned 15yrs old. Clear enough sport?

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I’m not bitter at all and that is funny coming from you.

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

You’re so not bitter you’re getting personal, eh? Way to go, champ.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Clear enough sport?

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Yes. Crystal clear. You’re a spiteful person, for whatever reason. Got it. Roger. Over & out.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Animals are like kids..

newtopia on June 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Afraid of putting my name to your post, assclown? You failed to read the rest of my sentence, in that they depend on their owners to care for them.
Now, if you could comprehend a sentence, I posted that I don’t have kids. I couldn’t have kids, but I’m betting your crackwhore mother had no problem squirting you out. And, that’s your problem.

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Bullying only works on those who allow it to bother them

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM

…the hell? If a bully gives you a black eye, and it doesn’t bother you, I’d say you’ve got some serious problems. Your entire attitude makes me think you either were never bullied, or were a bully yourself.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:29 AM

And…the only thing that bothers you……really? Try again, sport.

HornetSting on June 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

The payoff? Oh yeah, you think this woman devised this plan to have these brats attack her, abuse her on the bus,video it, post it on FB and YouTube, where it went viral. A blogger who was bullied decided to put up a fund to send Karen Klein on vacation. It also went viral and she has just short of half a million. I’m sure she and the reddit blogger met up at a Greece cafe and planned the whole thing. You think? And maybe Allahpundit is really Ed Morrisey in drag and every time we post a comment, he cuts a piece of hair off his body and bags it up for later consumption.
You’re not by any chance related to Rosanne Barr or Bill Maher, are you?

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Alright now, someone owes HS a beer…

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hobo with a laptop on June 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hobo, you’re right. My specific comments apply more specifically to the “others” I mention. However, I stand by the general thrust of my statement which is that people who want to piss all over a feelgood story (as you freely admit of yourself) for no discernible reason but their own really need to just grow the hell up. Thousands of people were moved by this woman’s story to donate money. A few, like Dollayo and yourself, were moved only to share their negativity with the world.

Sorry for accusing you of anything but that.

The Resolute Desk on June 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM

We were all little turds as kids. BUT this is something that would have gotten me a summer full of In may room all day except
for meals and chores. A stunt like this would have kept me
busy cleaning this ladies house , mowing her grass, painting
whatever need painting buying the paint and lord knows what
else all summer. The parents even if they say how sorry they are
are full of crap. They are the reason the punks are this way.
That apple was rotten as it fall from the tree.

Texyank on June 22, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Come on ugly, there is no need to get, well, ugly! What did I say that was spiteful? It’s true that I don’t think she earned a half million bucks simply because some 10yr old children teased the poor bus monitor. However, if people want to give her their money, I have no objection and I’m certainly not spiteful about it. It’s not my money and I support freedom. I must say that I do find it kinda strange that people are giving money to her just because they feel sorry for her. She is an adult and smart mouthed children calling her “fat” should have very little impact on a grown person. I feel sorry for kids with cancer, not for her.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM

$400K+ for sucking at your job? Nice.

Now if all you suckers who can spare a $20 for a lady who had no freaking business being in a viper’s nest with a bunch of children (who she enabled by the way, this wasn’t the first incident by here own admission), maybe you can spare another $20 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Or the Fisher House.

Or the Salvation Army.

Or any other charity that actually produces worthwhile results.

flashoverride on June 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I feel sorry for kids with cancer, not for her.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM

For posterity.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 1:51 AM

maybe you can spare another $20 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

flashoverride on June 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Who says I didn’t already send the WWP hundreds? And how does it even compare?

Get bent.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I don’t think she earned a half million bucks

You’re right, she didn’t. People have donated it to her freely as a gift.

I’m certainly not spiteful about it

…just taking time out of your day to complain about it, for some reason.

I feel sorry for kids with cancer, not for her.

Many of us feel sorry for both. Many have donated to both.

Come over to the light side, dude. We have cake.

The Resolute Desk on June 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

You’re not by any chance related to Rosanne Barr or Bill Maher, are you?

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Ha, ha. I never said that I think this woman devised this plan, in fact, I specifically said that I didn’t think that happened but only that it could happen in the future after people see how many suckers will happily give their money to such a scenario posted on the Internet. Do you need a remedial reading course? It’s funny how one can write the exact opposite words from what one am accused of writing.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.

lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

The kids are a-holes who treated a nice old lady like crap. It went viral, and people stepped up to give her a VERY nice gift.

F the kids.
F anybody who begrudges her the cash.
Congrats to her for being sweet and classy, and for the good fortune that came her way.
Cudos to all who contributed cash.

peski on June 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM

The Resolute Desk on June 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

++++111111

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Time to shut this BS down Allah.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM

heh. That’s rich.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Time to shut this BS down Allah.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Hmm.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Dollayo on June 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You’re not by any chance related to Rosanne Barr or Bill Maher, are you?

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM

You were for it, before you were against it, Dollayo. Is your life so sad and lonely that you have to begrudge a woman that was abused the money that thousands felt she deserved? I am surprised there are so many good people out there, but you remind me that there are curmudgeons, even here on HA.
And, I’m betting the people that contributed to this fund also give to other charities. Like for cancer.

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Time to shut this BS down Allah.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Buckle up, Bmore.

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM

The Resolute Desk on June 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I’m not complaining about her getting money, just stating my opinion on it. That is what the comments section is for.

Also, if you donated a penny to this poor traumatized grown woman who still cries when children call her “fat”, then in my opinion you are a sucker. Those kids with cancer need every penny they can get and I find it very sad that you would give a kid with cancer one penny less out of your total charity budget so you could give it to this woman. As I said, in my mind, she is not a charity case.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

There it is. You’re a piece of sh1t. Goodbye. *flush*

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bitter much? Christ.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’m not bitter at all and that is funny coming from you.

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

You’re so not bitter you’re getting personal, eh? Way to go, champ.

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

See anything funny here.

lexhamfox on June 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Buckle up, Bmore.

HornetSting on June 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM

lol! Enjoy! Though I must confess to not understanding why anyone would care how much coin folks donate to the seemingly nice lady. What do they care? Nice lady, crappy little puke kids, nice lady gets to retire, kids……..well hopefully they get exactly what their actions merit. In my day leather on arse, end of story, until they act out again, rinse and repeat. I wish the nice lady happiness and the little pukes punishment. Black and white to me I guess. Have fun!

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Yet Allah should shut it down, right?

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Waiting for other shoe to drop that she’s actually masterminded a 9 state meth distribution ring for the past 13 years…..

/cynic

roy_batty on June 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Yet Allah should shut it down, right?

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:25 AM

No, I withdraw that, if you all are actually enjoying this. By all means have at it. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Just seems silly to me, that’s all, carry on. My apology.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM

How charitable of you.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

MadisonConservative on June 22, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Fair enough, but if a bully gives you a black eye then they are no longer being simply a bully and are committing assault and battery. I don’t know if the definition of “bully” includes violence or not but in this case none of these kids gave this woman a black eye or engaged in violence. It was all just verbal abuse from immature children which should have little or no affect on mature people.

For the record, I was bullied as a child. I was 9 years old and in the 4th grade when I was teased. It didn’t really traumatize me more than simply annoyed me. It went on for about 2-3 weeks until I finally got mad and slugged the kid right in the face when he wasn’t expecting it, right in front of several other children. The problem was solved. As for being a bully myself? I wasn’t one to start trouble although I’m sure I teased other children as much as most other kids did. It’s all part of growing up.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

How charitable of you.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Your welcome. Enjoy!

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Any update on the fate of the little bastards from the video?

Bigurn on June 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

That’s the best you got? Cry me a river. I could tell you stories from YEARS of my life that would curl your toes.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Enjoy!

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I’ll try.

Ugly on June 22, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I think the way she was treated is awful but the cash reward is tacky.
lexhamfox on June 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

That’s okay you don’t have to give voluntarily, a suitable amount can be automatically deducted from your pay check.

Not keen on this particular cause? Too bad, it’s worthiness has been evaluated on your behalf.

mudskipper on June 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Dollayo on June 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I don’t know, but someone on this thread, possibly didn’t get enough attention as a child.

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Oh, and it wasn’t Ugly. ; )

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:05 AM