Video: Bullied bus monitor finds out that the Internet’s raised $125,000 for her

posted at 3:51 pm on June 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

The magical moment comes at 4:45 below. It’s unclear whether she already knew that people were donating and is shocked to learn how much they’ve kicked in or whether she’s finding out for the first time about the donation webpage, but either way, this is pure gold. If you suffered through yesterday’s bus ride through hell, watch this and be made whole again.

Needless to say, it’s not really about the money.

“I am amazed,” she said. “I’ve gotten the nicest letters, emails, Facebook messages. It’s like, wow, there’s a whole world out there that I didn’t know. It’s just really awesome.”

Oh, forgot to mention: The Fox interview happened around eight hours ago, so the $125,000 figure that Doocy quotes to her is already outdated — way, way outdated. As I’m writing this at 3:45, the anti-bully fundraising jackpot stands at … $290,000. And to think, I thought ObamaCare getting spiked by the Supreme Court was going to be our feelgood post of the day.

Two clips for you here, one from Fox and the other via Mediaite of CNN interviewing the man who put the donation page together. At this point, the Internet needs an “It’s a Wonderful Life” finale to this story replete with the formal presentation of a big check from the Reddit guys, no? “A toast, to our friend Karen — the richest woman in town.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

However, if she let 9yr old school bus taunts traumatize her, she is weak.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

When I think of it like that I find myself puzzled how someone can accuse me of not being compassionate. Go figure.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

why don’t you two settle this outside?

500? she wins $1,000 per comment

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM

DanMan on June 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I don’t know DanMan, you sure another 12 hours of this isn’t a good idea?/

Bmore on June 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM

why can’t the middle school punks rip on me and post their exploits on youtube? i could use a cool 1/2 million..

gatorboy on June 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I think you are right about this. The truth is: teasing, taunting, and childish insults are part of growing up. Most people out grow doing it and most of those who are on the receiving end of it stop letting it bother them as they grow up. On the other hand, some people on both side never can let it go no matter how old they get.

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I agree with you on the bullies but not on the victims. Those who are weak and feel that they cannot defend themselves should be encouraged to do so but this weakness is not simply something to be overcome by growing up.

There is a significant difference between us and animals. Animals are not required to defend the weak. They can even eat their own if needed to survive and would be committing no crime. Humans on the other hand, are required to an entirely different set of principles. But that’s what I believe as a Christian and not as one who believes he/she has evolved with a society of moral relativism.

shick on June 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM

It is over half a million dollars now. Wow. America is the greatest country with the greatest people. :)

Theophile on June 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

gatorboy on June 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Ha, ha. But the little children will call you real bad names and you will be devastated because any grown person would be traumatized when taunted by 9yr old kids. Sarc

Dollayo on June 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM