Ramirez on “journalism”

posted at 2:26 pm on June 21, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

It’s been a bad month for traditional media, eh?  At least it has at NBC.  Brian Williams finally reported for the first two times on Operation Fast and Furious, despite the investigation’s sixteen-month presence in Washington, and managed to get the story wrong both times.  His colleague Andrea Mitchell didn’t help matters by airing a deceptively-edited video of Mitt Romney on the campaign trail, and then claiming that she didn’t have time initially to air the truth.  Pulitzer Prize-winning IBD editorial cartoonist Michael Ramirez offers his own editing of Mitchell and NBC:

Also, be sure to check out Ramirez’ terrific collection of his works: Everyone Has the Right to My Opinion, which covers the entire breadth of Ramirez’ career, and it gives fascinating look at political history.  Read my review here, and watch my interviews with Ramirez here and here.  And don’t forget to check out the entire Investors.com site, which has now incorporated all of the former IBD Editorials, while individual investors still exist.

Comments

Ha, great one!!

Warner Todd Huston on June 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Andrea Mitchell, NBS News, Washington.

Red Cloud on June 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

That drawing is spot on…

Seven Percent Solution on June 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Nice. Only thing missing are the puppet strings leading inside the White House.

JeremiahJohnson on June 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM

There’s nobody better than Ramirez.

Lost in Jersey on June 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I have no idea how Ramirez does his faces, but just looking at them you know who they are in a second! I love my daily Ramirez!
L

letget on June 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

If Andrea really wanted to help her viewers with selective editing, she should do her broadcast in a burka.

hamnj7 on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Nothing short of firing Andrea Mitchell and the producer responsible for that hit piece will be acceptable responses. But I’m not holding my breath…

KS Rex on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Since when is The Joker a journalist? She’s a talking head who long ago passed her prime.

Bishop on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Amazingly Andrea Mitchell is even more ugly in real life.

ObamatheMessiah on June 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Ramirez was kind to Andrea Mitchell, NBC, Washington.
I heard her husband faked his own death to get away from her.

RovesChins on June 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Ewwwww…

hamnj7 on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

LOL

KS Rex on June 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Andrea Mitchell interviewing Anna Wintour – that would be great.

Marcola on June 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Ramirez was kind to Andrea Mitchell, NBC, Washington.
I heard her husband faked his own death to get away from her.

RovesChins on June 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I believe she’s married to none other than Alan Greenspan.

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM

The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.

– Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

The press have learned well, from their master and man-god.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

As Rush says, “Angria Mitchell”.

MikeinPRCA on June 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

When will Andrea Mitchell eat a crow sandwich from Wawa on the air?

Steve Z on June 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

She’s even better looking in the comic, too!

Jeddite on June 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Perfect!

Tim_CA on June 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Nice. Only thing missing are the puppet strings leading inside the White House.

JeremiahJohnson on June 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Well, she does have a Pinocchio nose!

Steve Z on June 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

who would marry that liberal hack? alan greenspan, it was the first piece he ever had

burserker on June 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Bryan Williams is priceless. He strikes an ultra-pompous pose that actually makes me laugh.

His coverage last night on F+F consisted of saying the Repubs were engaged in a highly partisan game and reminding people of the “fact” that our politics is “broken”.

He’s about 5 inches away from pulling a Dan Rather and referencing veritably false ‘factss’

CorporatePiggy on June 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I expect a new book, say, early next year, covering the work he’s done during the Zero years. As soon as they announce it I’m reserving several copies.

Eren on June 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I believe she’s married to none other than Alan Greenspan.

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM

..who has been faking death for the past 23 years.

The War Planner on June 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Rameriz has got it wrong, She is not a jounalist she is a propagandist.

banzaibob on June 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You know what’s worse. I just saw the beginning of the White House pres conference. It went something like this:

Press:(looking down at his shoes) I’m sorry I have to ask this, but in light of the contempt voter and the EP, are you working with the Republicans to get the documents they requested?

Carney (embrassed because he has a lame excuse): Bush did it.

Press:(looks up, smiling) We’re good, no more questions. Thanks for clearing that up!

WisRich on June 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I had a nice “conversation” with my gay, liberal uncle last night. Huffington Post and MSNBC might as well be the Bible. You can provide all the proof on Earth and he still believes what he gets from his “news” sources. We’re doomed.

TXMomof3 on June 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

She’s trying to outdo her performance at one of Sarah’s book signings. She was pathetic and it was priceless how Sarah dodged her. LOL

NJ Red on June 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Very perceptive of you to pick up on that!

silvernana on June 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Mrs. Greenspan, the woman who sleeps with a cadaver, a former Ayn Rand pupil, is totally out of touch. Yet, she dares to lecture Romney.

Schadenfreude on June 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Andrea Mitchell interviewing Anna Wintour – that would be great.

Marcola on June 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

The uplink dish would melt.

CurtZHP on June 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Michael Ramirez is the best. Andrea Mitchell…not so much.

ConservativeLA on June 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I believe she’s married to none other than Alan Greenspan.

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM

….it…IT IS TRUE!…when you live with a person long enough…YOU START LOOKING LIKE YOUR SPOUSE!

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

What arrogant leftist congresscritters think of you. At least he’s pegged the media.

Retiring congressman Gary Ackerman, a Democrat from New York, reflects on his time in Congress.

Obama suggests we keep “Washington” out of the arguments against his health-care plan.

“Congressman Ackerman, you’ve been here 30 years. Can you define comity as it existed when you arrived versus how it exists now?,” Bloomberg Businessweek asks.

Ackerman responds: ” Your premise is that comity exists now. It may not be entirely accurate. It used to be you had real friends on the other side of the aisle. It’s not like that anymore. Society has changed. The public is to blame as well. I think the people have gotten dumber. I don’t know that I would’ve said that out loud pre-my announcement that I was going to be leaving. [Laughter] But I think that’s true. I mean everything has changed. The media has changed. We now give broadcast licenses to philosophies instead of people. People get confused and think there is no difference between news and entertainment. People who project themselves as journalists on television don’t know the first thing about journalism. They are just there stirring up a hockey game.”

Schadenfreude on June 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

A blind cobbler’s thumb?

Ben Hur on June 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

After the Zimmerman 911 tape edits, they just go and do it again. They never learn because nothing ever happens to them. I’m sure their colleagues tell them how brave and truthy they are.

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Rameriz has got it wrong, She is not a jounalist she is a propagandist.

banzaibob on June 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

THIS. +1000

dogsoldier on June 21, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Blake on June 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

…I think their colleagues just wish them “better luck…next time!”

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM

The face he drew makes her look like the dog Obama could have eaten.

docflash on June 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM

You know what the really sad part is…?
It’s the cheap and clumsy way they try to pull off a hoax.
When Mitchell ran her clip did she really think she had the only video in the world?
She got caught almost instantly.
What is even worse is the obvious motive that she just wanted to make Romney look foolish so she could help Obama.
She has been exposed as nasty and dishonest and as somebody who will deceive her viewers.
The only thing worse than a lie is a cheap lie.

NeoKong on June 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Wait wait, don’t forget the mocking MSNBC made of Ann Romney’s horseback riding.

Question: Do you think they knew she rode horses as part of her therapy for her Multiple Sclerosis and figured but nobody would call them on that?

monkeyboy on June 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Nice. Only thing missing are the puppet strings leading inside the White House.

JeremiahJohnson on June 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I’m sure there are puppet strings, but I don’t necessarily agree with your assumption that the puppeteer is in the White House. My bet is that they all dance to someone else’s manipulation.

CrazyGene on June 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I believe she’s married to none other than Alan Greenspan.

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

If that were true, I should be getting a whole lot better looking than I am.

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM

The only thing worse than a lie is a cheap lie.

NeoKong on June 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yep.

TXMomof3 on June 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Tee hee

cmsinaz on June 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM

There’s no puppet strings
When they lie they think they are
Doing the right thing

Haiku Guy on June 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Every time I see one of these propagandists, the first thing I ask myself is how long will they last on election night before having an “MSMeltdown” on set?

Helpful suggestion for Andrea: get yourself some of that waterproof mascara that they put on with a putty knife.

drunyan8315 on June 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Bitter Clinger on June 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM

drunyan8315 on June 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I’m thinking what she really needs, is a frontal lobotomy.

SWalker on June 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Thanks, I can’t un-see that now.

Sekhmet on June 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Ramirez is awesome. Puts so much detail into it, and the little jokes are awesome (that if you don’t look at it long enough you miss), like the B&S meter up top.

crazy_legs on June 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Journalism died in 2008. The remainders, like Andrea, are clearly zombies.

faraway on June 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM

At least it has at NBC. Brian Williams finally reported for the first two times on Operation Fast and Furious, despite the investigation’s sixteen-month presence in Washington, and managed to get the story wrong both times.

Of course, The Washington Examiner is also reporting that Jay Carney forgot the name of the Terry family when briefing about F&F today. He called them “the family you referred to” when answering a question from Jake Tapper. It’s that level of compassion and knowledge that has come to epitomize the Obama administration (aka those arrogant idiots I refer to).

Happy Nomad on June 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Thanks, I can’t un-see that now.

Sekhmet on June 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM

What has been seen cannot be un-seen

The Rogue Tomato on June 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I am probably working the election, or I’d want to tune in to watch Andrea Mitchell this November as the East Coast results come in. As it stands, my phone will probably explode from text messages the moment I turn it back on.

Ah well, if the meltdown’s good I’ll watch it on YouTube.

Sekhmet on June 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Journalism died in 2008. The remainders, like Andrea, are clearly zombies.

faraway on June 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Sorry, journalism died way before 2008, it had been dead so long by then it wasn’t even a rotting corpse anymore. Just a grim specter haunting it dry bleached white bones.

SWalker on June 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Andrea Mitchell
DNC Talking Points Reader

Robert Jensen on June 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Frank Zappa must have been thinking about Aaaaaaandrea Mitchell when he wrote “What’s the ugliest part of your body?”

What’s the ugliest part of your body?
What’s the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it’s YOUR MIND

bofh on June 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Dude! I see what you mean. She’s hung like Ann Romney’s horse!

TheClearRiver on June 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Brings new meaning to the old joke “is that your nose or did your pants fall down?”

slickwillie2001 on June 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

This cartoon is a depiction of a talking head.

ITguy on June 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

bofh on June 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Love Zappa!

Bmore on June 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

TheClearRiver on June 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Mr. Ed: Talking Horse

Andrea Mitchell: Talking Head

ITguy on June 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Andrea “All The Pretty Things Must Die” Mitchell

CrustyB on June 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Love Zappa!

Bmore on June 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

And uh, uh, you know, Barry talks about as well as Valley Girl.

ITguy on June 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Outstanding.

New names of NBS and MSNBS work for me.

Conservative media should feel free to formally change the designation in all reports.

talkingpoints on June 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM

What a douche bag she is.

RonRon on June 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Streetwalkers have better morals then these people. The American press has been so pampered over years, with such little criticism until recently, that ignorant and fixated on federal power as they are, they are incapable of a normal self doubt. These loons really mean it when they, or if they, voice their suprise at a mistake, usaually it just a lie instead and even that they justify.

arand on June 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM

My wife and I do not watch these mainstream ‘newscasts’. When she earned her Journalism degree in the early 70′s, students were strictly taught to keep opinion out of the news. How low the profession has fallen! More of the dumbing down of America. Disgusting.

Jocundus on June 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM

How disturbing is it that I find Alan Greenspan more attractive than Andrea Mitchell? At least with him, you’d be able to have an interesting conversation afterwards.

clayj on June 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

While I would agree with the cartoon, Mitchell deliberately edited the report because she wanted to improve her chances of moving up the NBC corporate “journalist” ladder.

Kingfisher on June 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Andrea who?

Galtian on June 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Nailed it! Hope this smack in the smirk follows her to retirement. She’s worked hard for it.

RalphyBoy on June 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Its Amazing! – Andrea Mitchell

Kini on June 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Leftist media operations are *businesses*: We should not be supporting their business partners, and we need a widely disseminated grading of corporations so it’s easy to find out how supportive they are of leftist media and the Leftist Party itself.

It’s not a question about whether they are rank and shameless propagandists–we know that: but beyond exposing them so everyone knows, it’s also a question of what more can be done to deal with them. At the moment I hear no one influential raising this issue, except for Glenn Beck who in principle agrees we shouldn’t be spending our money to support leftist businesses, and is dealing with that by launching his own operations.

Allendundit on June 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ummm, is it just me, or does that nose look like a … a… even the very end.

MassVictim on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I’m a good girl, so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

But yes, yes it does.

Laura in Maryland on June 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Rush is certainly right about presstitute “Angria” Mitchell.

I’ve looked back at photos of that shopworn, trampy DNC cheerleader Andrea when she tried to crash Sarah Palin’s book signing back in November 2009. The envy and hate in angry Andrea Mitchell’s bloodshot eyes and scowling remanufactured mug tells the real story of someone consumed by her own bile and lack of honesty or principles. After Andrea Mitchell became a nuisance at that signing (including waving that silly Newsweak track outfit cover of Palin) and pushing her way past the invited guests the bookstore security and a few cops gave Andrea Mitchell a well deserved bum’s rush to the parking lot.

viking01 on June 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Cackle cackle. Amazing. Eh Andrea?

pat on June 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM

She passed two faced liar a looooooooonnnnnng time ago. Let’s face it, if you watch FOX, chances are you get other news sources as well… if you are a MSNBC zealot,.. err.. watcher.. then you have fewer brain cells than they have audience members..

aw.. uut’s da madder weftie’s…. does da twooth huurt?

You can hate FOX all you want, it’s not them who has a consistent recent history of chopping video’s to distort the facts.Mitchell gets caught in lie after lie.. and never even has the common decency to be ashamed, because you dear lefty viewers.. won’t stop watching her, if she paid a wino to drown kittens and told her viewers it was Romney.. and got caught doing it.

you won’t force her to have standards, because you like the lies..

or you’d turn the channel on her..

so blame the left for her, they trained her to lie like a cheap rug.. by never punishing her for having no ethics.

mark81150 on June 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

There’s nobody better than Ramirez.

Lost in Jersey on June 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I also like Chuck Asay … both of these guys are great ….

conservative tarheel on June 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Taking a good look at Andrea Mitchell, one can understand why men prefer to watch the women of Fox News!!! Andrea should just get on her broom and fly away into history!!

Jersey Dan on June 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

They still don’t get this interwebs/blogger/New Media thing, do they?

Ygritte on June 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM

These people have abandoned whatever was left of their erstwhile professionalism. All that journalism really boils down to is digging up facts, putting them together with logic and honesty, in full, and accurately. They seem to have developed the sense that their jobs have endowed them with superior universal wisdom to the rest of us, despite the fact that such behavior in other vocations would be seen justifiably as Quixotic. It’s Ramirez’ skill at arranging for them to be hoist on their own petards that makes him so valuable.

flataffect on June 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Hahahahhaha

Ramirez on “journalism”

Kudos to the Ramirez artistic talents

His “ANDREA Face” looks exactly like ANDREA’S FACE

Per any art critic, notice how Ramirez captures the banal arrogant subtleties and blends them with the inherent haggard sour-puss. Extraordinaire talent! The original drawing is destined for a “high-end NYC auction” and garner attention as a “Master-Piece”! !

BigSven on June 22, 2012 at 7:21 AM

‘Retiring Dem: The People Have Gotten Dumber’

“..People who project themselves as journalists on television don’t know the first thing about journalism. They are just there stirring up a hockey game.”

CaveatEmpty on June 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM

It is transparent she KNEW perfectly well the video had been edited by her lead-in and the post-play cackling with her buddy. She is not only a dishonest “journalist” but someone who obviously holds the public’s intelligence in contempt – what a shocker.

PJ Emeritus on June 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM

hamnj7 on June 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Did you know she is of Arabic descent? Is this some sort of racial slur? /s

totherightofthem on June 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Well, let’s see: They don’t like Ann Romney’s love of horses… Yet Obama eats dogs, snakes, grasshoppers, and institutes new slaughter houses for horses!! Looks like some supporters may even be turning to cannibalism in Miami!! So what normal person cares one bit what this bunch tries to imply about anything!! Remember in November!!

Marco on June 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM