Video: Making the bus monitor cry

posted at 6:41 pm on June 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

Rarely will I post something for you that I haven’t watched myself, but I’ll cop straight up to not having watched this one. I can’t take it; the descriptions are bad enough. The cruelty’s so gratuitous and the target so sympathetic that it’s a bit like reading a story about someone torturing a small animal. A taste from the Blaze:

Among the comment that hurt the most, Klein told WHAM-TV that one child’s statement that she is so ugly that her “kids should kill themselves” was particularly hurtful. Her son committed suicide 10 years ago.

She’s a widow, hearing-impaired, and a grandmother of eight. But all’s not lost: Thanks to Reddit and the viral outrage this clip has caused, there may yet be a happy-ish ending.

Now, as awful as this was, there was a silver lining in not only the universal condemnation of the actions of these kids, but also in a call for support for this poor woman.

Her name is Karen, and she has been a widow for 17 years, has lived in the same town she grew up in and is about to have her 50th high school reunion in the same school district, and deserves so much better than the actions shown by those in this video. Let’s figure out ways to show her that there are still good people out there…

A redditor has established an indiegogo account to collect donations. I can offer no assurances that these funds will reach her, but will make sure to update this thread once verification is obtained. In the meantime, if you would still like to donate, here is the link:

KAREN FUNDRAISER UPDATE $21,300 as of 2:10pm PST!

Follow that link in the blockquote. They just cracked $30,000 as I’m writing this. Klein apparently makes a little more than $15,000 a year as a bus monitor.

HuffPo seems to have the definitive round-up on this so go there to see how it went from random YouTube video to Internet cause celebre and national news story within 24 hours. As New York magazine says, she’s bound to turn up on the morning shows before the week is out so you might as well get up to speed now. As for the kids, take comfort in this: They can’t all be budding sociopaths. Some of them must be garden-variety brats who couldn’t resist the temptation to join in on rhetorically stomping a helpless victim. They’ll get older and they’ll mature, and then they’ll see this video again and what you’re about to feel will hit them too. Imagine that guilt. Unspeakable.

Lots of profanity here, from what I understand, so please observe your content warning.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

I can’t watch an old woman being abused.

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Oh, and Bishop.

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Gee…what do they remind me of? I just can’t quite place it…

AUINSC on June 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

The kids of liberals.

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I know one of my kids isn’t on that video, why, because they value their own lives too much.

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Feral Urban Children.

Corporal Tunnel on June 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Oh dear Lord.

Kensington on June 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Aren’t bus monitors supposed to stop this kind of behavior? I’m not picking on Ms. Klein, I’m just curious why a bunch of punks are able to bully her for ten minutes (I didn’t watch to the end, 30 seconds was all I needed to see to know that the school district needs to expel those little punks).

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Oh, and also because my kids don’t feel like mowing her lawn, washing her car, staining her deck, poop scooping her lawn, reshingling her house, painting her garage, power spraying her driveway, walking her dog, delivering her paper, watering her plants or doing whatever chore she can dream up for the next year or so.

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I couldn’t watch past 2:00. Yes, because I’m sad for the lady, but also because I want to take a switch to their bottoms and a bar of soap to their nasty mouths.

hoosiermama on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

This woman could be my mother-widow who’s attending her 50th high school reunion this year-and if I EVER catch kids abusing a senior in this way…well let’s just say say I’ll make sure they think twice about ever doing it again. Btw: Why the hell didn’t the driver do anything about it?!!!
*grrrrr* *hissss*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Um, bus monitors when I was in school, would be beating the tar out of these kids.

lorien1973 on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Feral Urban Children.

Corporal Tunnel on June 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

You left out a word:

They’re a bunch of lousy little…

Feral Urban Children-Kids

If you catch my drift.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I cant watch this: we know what happens but anyone wanna give a synopsis of what was said?

thebrokenrattle on June 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I saw this story earlier. I couldn’t bring myself to watch the video either. There was a father last year that grabbed some kids off a bus who had been bullying his special needs daughter for months and he handled business. He was charged but he had no regrets. There are still people worth a damn out there.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Amen to that.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Ditto with Spawn. He was raised to show some deference.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

How horribly shameful.

I won’t watch the video; I can just imagine the abuse this woman has endured. We live in terrible times.

Key West Reader on June 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I can’t watch this…

… Eric Holder crying, now that’s another matter.

Seven Percent Solution on June 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I couldn’t watch it either. Just reading it was hard enough. My oldest boy is 8 and I can’t imagine him talking to anyone like that let alone an adult. This is also why my wife and I home school our boys. We both grew up in public school, but it’s really is just different now. Even in the early nineties, when I was in middle school, no kid ever- EVER- spoke to the bus driver or monitor like that. Even the bullies on the bus would shut up when the bus driver yelled to keep quiet. Homeschooling has come a long way over the years, I highly recommend it. More and more families network with each other to provide plenty of opportunities to socialization among the kids, and real friendships are forged. If you’re a parent, and know that there is something better for your kids, consider home schooling. And that’s my commercial for the week!

Weight of Glory on June 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

lorien1973 on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I was bullied on the bus when I was in jr. high(no monitors)-and I was told to deal with it-or walk to school. Most of the time-I walked.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Their parents must be so proud !

seymour on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Teachers are scum.
Children are scum.
Parents are apparently worthless.

Sometimes that old cliche hits me: “Do I really want to bring a child into a world like this?”

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Only the hand of God can cleans the earth of this evil. No simple election. This evil has being growing for 50 years and the sum of the culture infestation of pure evil.

If they do that to a stranger just think on how much plan and simple respect for their own parents and grandparents who this could be and to get that evil the lack of respect from their parents to them is equally as bad.

tjexcite on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I couldn’t watch the video. This is just sad, i personally would love to get a hold of the kids on the bus.

Zcat on June 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Ironically, I was bullied more by my bus driver than by the other kids on the bus.

Then my father heard about it.

Then the bus driver was a lot nicer.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Yes, actually they can. Our government schools are that bad.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Another fine example from our fair city-area of Rochester, NY. Their parents must be very proud today.

Mekei on June 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

My school bus driver greeting every morning in high school was (no joke, I’d kill for a tape of this dude), “Get on, sit down and shut up.”

If there was any noise on the bus, he’d pull that thing over and start writing people up – which meant detention and enough times, a suspension from school.

lorien1973 on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

“Typical white person”

- Three guesses

rogerb on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I’m willin to bet my next paycheck this travesty did not happen on any bus in TEXAS

Katfish on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I ask myself that question all the time, Maddy. But aren’t you married? I’m not. Good conservative women seem to be awfully hard to come by for a guy in his mid-30′s nowadays.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Fundraiser up to $41,000 now.

amerpundit on June 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I’d be a terrible bus monitor. Unless slapping the shit out of people gives you job security.

rdbrewer on June 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Just donated $50. Money well spent.

The Resolute Desk on June 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I can’t watch it. It’s too awful. When I was a kid, no way, no how would anyone ever do this to an adult much less a lady old enough to be our grandmother. What the hell is wrong with kids these days? Dear God, help us.

KateNE on June 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

kids are stupid and mean

libs are stupid and mean

correlation?

Slade73 on June 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM

This is what happens when parents refuse to be parents and instead let big government fill the void. I was abused a bit-but I’m still glad that I had the parents I had. I would’ve never thought about doing crap like this. It would’ve never occurred to me to act like that

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM

This is what allowing liberals to educate our children for the last few decades has wrought. ‘Nuff said?

squint on June 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM

She is supposed to be able to stop this kind of behavior, but years of liberal policies prevent any type of discipline in public schools. My kids went to a HS of 3,000 kids. It was basically Lord of the Flies meets Escape from NY. The rare teacher who even cared about discipline would get sued into submission along with the BOE for even looking cross-ways at counselor’s little angel so the school forbids any kind of real punishment. Combine that with years of self-esteem pumping of these little brats and you get this video.

Shameful.

Bring back corporal punishment and I’ll bet you won’t see this type of thing ever again.

Lost in Jersey on June 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

This is what two generations of “self-esteem” teaching has wrought.

I hate these kids.

And where are the kids who will stand up and tell them to stop? I’ll tell you where, scared. Why? Because whistle-blowers and those who dare stand up to evil are attacked in this culture.

Even at HA, we had Libfreeandmooch defending a child rapist. Defending a child rapist! And we had OWS protesters protesting a conference to end the child slave trade. When we have a culture that is sick enough to produce educated Leftists who take these sick positions, we get kids like those in the video… who are taught by the Leftists in the classroom who tell them they are little gods, all worthy of worship.

And men like Jim Dobson have brought this self-esteem sh!t into Christianity. Shame on all of them.

mankai on June 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Yeah, I’m married, but neither of us wants kids for at least a couple more years. Both of our parents were in their mid-late 30s when they had us. We’re in no rush, especially with the amount of debt we’re paying off.

And as to your situation, I’d suggest taking a trip or two outside of South Dakota. Seriously, you’re the 5th least populous state. I’d recommend a vacation in North Carolina. Seems like a LOT of female conservative bloggers and tweeters live out that way.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

If my parents had found out I was part of that mob growing up, my dad’s belt would have been removed from his pants and attached repeatedly to across my backside. And he’d probably miss high and low on purpose a few times.

After that I would have been required to walk up to her front door and apologize.

You know what would help fix this? Griff Jenkins from FOX news showing up to the front door of every parent of these children , cameras in tow, asking for their comments….

JB-STLMO on June 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

lorien1973 on June 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Yup. One of my bus drivers, if the kid was bad enough, would keep him on the bus and drive him to his house. The bus driver would then tell his parents to their face that their son was being suspended off the bus and that they would now have to drive their brat to school themselves.

Weight of Glory on June 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

WHAM-TV is in Rochester NY so there is a good chance the little brats are future democrat voters. on the plus side they have good self-esteem and know how to recycle. also a room full of trophys for just showing up.

deimos on June 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

A year or two ago there was a video out of the Netherlands of these Muslim kids throwing stones at old white Dutch people during a funeral. They kids were mocking the “whities,” calling them all sorts of nasty names.

This video reminds me very much of that one.

ericdondero on June 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Bishop:
You’ve got the best possible deterrent in the punishment/chores/atonement for the little offenders. It provides ample time to think about it and regret their behavior, and with a little guidance,and a stern lecture or two from Dad or Mom with an appropriately proportioned dose of “You should be ashamed of yourself and I’m so very disappointed in you”, provides an excellent opportunity to get to know the lady and realize the magnitude of their error.

Bravo!

thatsafactjack on June 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Gee…what do they remind me of? I just can’t quite place it…

AUINSC on June 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I have no problem today with helping you out on it: Liberals.

kim roy on June 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

The kids of liberals.

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

This.

We’re getting what they wanted.

CW on June 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

As a kid who was taunted, teased and made fun of for being Deaf, I totally understand this woman. However, I was young and I could fight back. She at an age where she can’t do a school yard fight and win.

All of those kids are complete a$$holes.

Conservative Samizdat on June 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I can’t watch this…

… Eric Holder crying, now that’s another matter.

Seven Percent Solution on June 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Ooooooooo. The Holder perp walk picture is getting blown up and placed on the mantle.

kim roy on June 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

It’s not just that. I don’t drive, and I’m an aspie. Those two aspects of my personality are kind of poison for relationships. Thirteen years of public schooling (and yes, I include kindergarten in there) were a special kind of hell — on and off the bus — that I’d rather forget.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Yep motherhood is not a job…

Thankfully we have devalued father hood.

This is the price.

CW on June 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Not only that, but today was the funeral of a 17-yr senior from the very same high school who took his own life last week. Talk about clueless, insensitive a$$holes.

rcpjr on June 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Debbie Wasserman Schultz compares these kids to Mitt Romney in 5… 4… 3… 2…

Washington Fancy on June 20, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Have the parents of these brats made a statement?

sherry on June 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

The children of today have no souls.

And of course, these Parents would NEVER believe their Johnny/Suzie Snowflake would EVER say such things.

Now its on tape. Let these parents defend their rotten filthy spoiled brats.

These idiots need the willow switch about 15 years ago. Its too late for them to be anything but rotten degenerates that will fill our courtrooms and jails.

Spits

portlandon on June 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I am with you AP I will not watch it, Ill become enraged.

boogaleesnots on June 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Growing up when I did, one of two things would have occurred to these children. Neither did. In my world here is how it would have gone down. Someone or two on the bus, I’m not gonna say who, but we would have beat the crap out of the petulant little pukes. Second thing that would have occurred would be at their home after a polite call from the driver. Home is where arse met leather. On a bad day for these petulant little pukes, both would have occurred.

Bmore on June 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Have the parents of these brats made a statement?

sherry on June 20, 2012 at 7:12PM

If they had any shame, they wouldn’t.

But they will…to defend their little darlings.

squint on June 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM

OH…and I might add that before the atonement/life lesson begins, you go to the kids room and remove the computer, suspend the tv privileges, no cellphone, GROUNDED! THEN the kid gets to apologize to the lady and work off their punishment doing chores for her.

thatsafactjack on June 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM

They are such stinking brats. I hope the find out who they were and their all expelled. Maybe the parents will realize they have raised evil kids.

wi farmgirl on June 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Hate crime?

Oh, she’s white. Never mind.

Somebody call Al Sharpton and cancel the live feed. White people deserve what they get from oppressed young people of color.

mankai on June 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

It would’ve never occurred to me to act like that

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I hope I would have felt guilt.

—————

– but who took the video? In what spirit? It looks like it was pinched from facebook, then the trail is cold.

Might be morose to wonder if it was taken to brag or to dis-cover. I’m probably just still looking for some good.

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I don’t get it. This woman is a bus monitor? Yet they won’t stop the bus until the passengers quiet down? So is she subject to bus company rather than school regulations? No teacher would be required to put up with this amount of abuse, even if corporal punishment or outright expulsion were forbidden.

I guess this is why a lot of people still like unions.

Seth Halpern on June 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I thought Barry and the mooch had outlawed bullying?

tom daschle concerned on June 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Holy fuq. Pleased by the happy ending, but not even going to watch.

When I was a hoodlum yoot and still young enough to have to ride the bus (through frosh year in HS) we liked our bus driver Mrs Bender, mostly because she drove us from grade school through Jr High and into HS.

She was a total bat sometimes, but if you drove a busload of sniveling ignorant brats who think theyre cool to school every day you’d be a bat sometimes too. She was also a nice lady who cared about getting us to and from school safely each day.

nobody I ever knew or cared to know ever, ever pulled anything like what is described in this vid. I blame Bush.

Sacramento on June 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

In a nation where people trample one another for a $5 waffle maker at Christmas time, I’m not sure what she is supposed to do. Kids like this would probably physically assault the woman eventually.

Go back to the parents every time, if they haven’t made life painful for their kids because of this, literally or figuratively, then they are to blame along with their offspring.

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

My philosophy is that good people should always have kids (or even adopt), especially when times seem this horrible. I feel that it’s almost our duty to dilute the bad ones as much as possible.

Esthier on June 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Don’t count yourself out over something like Asperger’s. Everybody is neurotic these days. I’m a bipolar sociopath, for Christ’s sake. If I can do it, you sure as hell can.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I watched the whole thing. My blood pressure won’t be coming down for a while. The one kid saying, over and over, “hey, Karen, you fat a$$, youve got a fat a$$”.

His voice is burned into my brain. If I ever hear that voice on the street I think I will go berserk.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I thought Barry and the mooch had outlawed bullying?

tom daschle concerned on June 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Some bullying is more equal than others.

squint on June 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Bishop on June 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

And that too.

Bmore on June 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I have no problem today with helping you out on it: Liberals.

kim roy on June 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Now that you mention it..I think you’re right.

AUINSC on June 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Why would these kids think that some old woman has any worth except as an object for their sadistic pleasure? We live in the age of abortion on demand–no person has any inherent value.

The Reasonable Man on June 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM

It’s a heartwrenching video. Middle school kids are the worst people in the world.

MFn G I M P on June 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Esthier on June 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

My greatest fear is that my children might also be diluted by the filth surrounding them. *sigh* You’re probably right, though. Just…daunting.

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Reddit really is amazing. I’m constantly there, and never cease to be surprised at the levels of trust and charity of most Redditors. Every so often I buy pizza for someone through a related subreddit.

JetBoy on June 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Reminds me sadly of growing up in Brooklyn NY. My best teacher was my 6th grade math teacher. He was the kind that would challenge you by making a deliberate mistake and seeing who would have the courage and awareness to call you on it. He was the kind of teacher that would volunteer his lunch hour and after school to help a kid study to get better grades or in my case, to get into HCHS. He was a great teacher.

I used to go back after I graduated from the school just to visit and see how he was doing. He made a difference in my life.

Unfortunately, most of the kids at that school were disrespectful punks. The type that would end up in prison before they were 18. He was the type that wouldn’t tolerate disruptions in call and would send you to the VP if you were out of control. Well, to make a long story short, some kids didn’t like his teaching methods so they decided to key his car. He caught them and grabbed the kids by the arm. He didn’t hit them, he didn’t abuse them, but he stopped them from what they were doing. It didn’t matter because he “put his hand on a kid.” I know he left the school shortly thereafter and the school lost their best teacher. This was over two decades ago. I can just imagine how terrible the place is now.

njrob on June 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

deimos on June 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Even if they don’t get to the polls themselves.

kbTexan on June 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

JetBoy on June 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

wtf? Reddit is okay in some instances but it’s filled with libtards and atheists. The frontpage isn’t bad all the time but /r/politics and other similar reddits suck.

Lord on June 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

You’ve probably heard this before, but join a church or do some volunteer work at soup kitchens or something like that. Find some nice people – usually people who volunteer are nice people.

Don’t worry about the aspie part – just say you’re detail oriented. Seriously. Everyone is different.

Time to butt out now. :)

kim roy on June 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

If I had a kid that ever said something remotely close to what those brats did, they wouldn’t be able to sit down until they were 30 years old.

txag92 on June 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Now that you mention it..I think you’re right.

AUINSC on June 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

hee hee hee ;)

kim roy on June 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Sorry AP, but I have to say this. Someone’s ass needs to be kicked VERY VERY hard over this. Damned disgraceful.

guido911 on June 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Name ‘em and shame ‘em, and name their parents, too. I really want to see someone shove a microphone in those parents’ faces and ask them to explain how they raised such feral animals.

Rational Thought on June 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

My 12-year old daughter watched this over my shoulder.

She said, “I hate kids.”

Oh. She thinks Holder should be in prison.

Here’s to the future.

bigmacdaddy on June 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

MadisonConservative on June 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Your child or children, may well be the one or ones that make a positive difference.

Bmore on June 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Rational Thought on June 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

+100

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM

$45k and counting! Awesome.

Thanks for posting this, AP.

DanaLynn on June 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

little kids are such angels.

maybe one could put two and two together on why we teach children to be good, because being bad just comes, uh, naturally.

williampeck1958 on June 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I remember riding the school bus… not the best experiences of my life.

Wish I could say I find the events in the video hard to believe but unfortunately I can’t.

This is exactly what you get in a society where moral relativism rules, fathers are entirely irrelevant, and the government is expected to be responsible for the character of children.

Aquarian on June 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

When I rode the bus in high school, the driver had a unique solution for rowdy kids:

He would park the bus on a railroad crossing and threaten not to move it until there was quiet and order.

I don’t imagine he would have a long career today.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I know someone who is a school bus driver who was promoted recently to be the one person responsible for behavior on school busses in our district. Had a chat with her on this.

There are consequences for this behavior, usually involving suspension from bus privileges. Most monitors are on special need busses, or on busses with big problems. Cameras with sound are widespread.

The driver is the one responsible for maintaining order on the bus. Times have changed Lorien1973. I’m told you can not request a totally quiet bus. I’m also told that abuse of the monitor should be a big deal for the driver. But what you can enforce (with no physical contact and mild mental torture) is a safe bus. If it is unsafe to drive, the driver is supposed to pull over. There is a radio in the bus for a reason. The driver can call for help.

School bus drivers and monitors handle this and more on a daily basis. Because of the potential for an accident, the school principals are more likely to back up bus drivers than teachers. Each wrongful death in a school bus is about $1 million in cost to a school district.

May be this district is behind in it’s training, or so I’m told.

NaCly dog on June 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Bmore on June 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

This.

Either we give up, or we try to make it better.

I choose “try to make it better.”

bigmacdaddy on June 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

In the last 5 seconds of that video, when the poor old lady puts her head down when one of the kids says “Your family killed themselves because they didn’t want to be part of your family” just about brought me to tears.

Who says things like that? What is this filth that has part of our youth today?

portlandon on June 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Ah…proud products of our teacher union run liberal public education system!

William Eaton on June 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

njrob on June 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I was doing something … explicit, and profoundly disrespectful in the hall at my girlfriend’s locker … it burns to remember this. :) The man walked over to me and picket me up off the ground by the back of my shirt, spun me around, and dressed me down so hard, his face is still burned into my retina. I still cringe.

Never did it again. Will never do it again. :)

If capital punishment is a problem, well, OK; but without any meaningful discipline of any kind, you can’t create decent humans, so hurry up and replace it with something useful.

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I actually see this all the time at my job. Everyone just tolerates it. Even from kids in the third grade. Want to know why our school system is so messed up? Look no farther.

joekenha on June 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Watched the video, I never saw the woman break down or cry. The insults these little pukes were tossing around were so lame, it only underscored how hopelessly stupid they must be. Real zingers like, “where’d you get that purse, Wal Mart dumpster?” Golly gee that hurt. 90% of their vocabulary is the F bomb.

Having said that, at one point they began to poke her and make contact. I hope this lady has some assistance in really screwing these kids over through the courts.

8thAirForce on June 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM