“Lean Forward, bend over”: Neil Cavuto rips MSNBC for questioning Ann Romney’s therapeutic horse riding

posted at 9:00 pm on June 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler. In case you don’t know what Cavuto’s referencing, here’s what happens to a left-wing cable network when news is slow:

[LAWRENCE] O’DONNELL: Now, this is not in any way to make light of Ann Romney’s difficulty with MS, it’s obviously a very difficult thing to bear. And there are a lot of things you can do to try to deal with MS. But, come on, dressage does not appear in any of the more traditional courses of treatment. And if it’s true that dressage is how wildly rich people deal with this very difficult personal health problem, then why, why does the horse appear on Mitt Romney’s tax return as a business expense, that in 2010 produced a $77,000 business deduction. Not a healthcare deduction, a business deduction for the Romney Limited Liability Corporation that owns the horse as a business.

Per Cavuto, turns out that horse-riding can in fact be therapeutic for people with MS. But never mind that. Why would O’Donnell even think to challenge Romney’s wife on that? Even if she was the only MS sufferer in the world who finds strength in dressage, what reason is there to doubt her? Does he think she’d lie about her illness as some sort of cover story to justify a hobby that’s a little too snooty even for the expensive tastes of a millionaire like Scary Larry?

Not the first time he’s gone after Ann Romney to try to score a cheap class-warfare point either. Imagine what this network’s going to sound like come late October.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM

i’m sure if you asked ann romney, she would take ms over having one of her boys have downs syndrome. what say you?

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Get over your Palin obssesion. This isn’t about her-it’s about Ann Romney!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

And I have Autism. What’s your effing point?!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM
It’s not a competition you prick.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM

My God man! You need to get over that emotional tie to Palin and find a healthy, activity to get involved in.

Most of us here like and support Palin. This is the first I’ve heard of this smear of Ann Romney and you don’t know what the response has been from Romney’s camp.

Vince on June 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM

ann romney has not had the birthright of her children questioned.
ann romney has not been tainted by accusations of infidelity.

ann romney should not in any way shape or form be attacked. the real shame is no one on the gop side is standing up to defend her.

First they came for Sarah.

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM

First they came for Sarah.

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM

The world doesn’t revolve around Sarah Palin!!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM

its just the attitude that just because its ann romney, somehow its a big deal. its not. she conservative. she gets trashed. we all stand around and golf clap while the left kicks her in the head. thats the message isn’t it? don’t cause a ruckus. gotta play fair.

i wish for once we played to win.

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM

So you’re saying there’s no legitimate point in asking why Romney has the right to claim his horse as a business write-off? If it’s part of his wife’s physical therapy, that’s fine. Doesn’t that consist of personal use of the horse? When did therapies become business write-offs?
Mitt can afford to be honest in filing his taxes.

bayam on June 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

You’ll need to consult a tax attorney on that.

I suspect that the animal might legally be eligible for either category.

malclave on June 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Thank you, “annoyinglittletwerp!”

ladyleader on June 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Thanx, AP. I was watching that and was hoping someone would mention it cuz it was hilarious and so appropriate–Cavuto calling ‘em a buncha “horses’ asses” and “condescending sanctimonious twits”–spot on!

stukinIL4now on June 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM

And I have Autism. What’s your effing point?!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wow, just wow. Never expected this coming…

My daughter is autistic, one of the better known cases in the field based on her improvement curve, and she’s one of the lucky few out there. I can assure you that whoever told you that you are autistic should be stripped of his/her medical license, absolutely no way in hell you could ever be. You are obviously one of those who is convinced that autistics can freely communicate with others, make eye contact, read and write WITHOUT SERIOUS, TIME CONSUMING, EXTREMELY COSTLY, LONG PROCESS of behavior modification program. I would know and will know until the end of my days, my AUTISTIC daughter won’t be able to live on her own and as I said, she is on of the absolutely better cases out there. You’re doing real autistics a disservice here, trust me. And yourself as well by somehow convincing yourself that you are.

If you’d mention multiple personality disorder then I would heartily agree with that as based on your posts and lies here.

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

renalin

..Ritalin?

KOOLAID2 on June 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM
How can I say this politely….F**k OFF!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Btw Brainiac: I have ASPERGERS. Plenty of aspies can live on their own, get married etc.
I’ll keep your wonderful daughter in my thoughts. That’s all I will say-lest I get banned.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Wow, just wow. Never expected this coming…

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Do you know who Amanda Baggs is? I think she’d like to have a few words with you. And yes, you bet your sweet ass she can use words — even though she doesn’t speak. Get a clue before you determine what constitutes “real autism.”

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM

gryphon202 on June 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Thanks, Gryph.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Wow, just wow. Never expected this coming…

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Well, aren’t you just a supercilious little thing!

Let’s start this off slowly for you, OK?

Where did your receive you MD from? Where did you do your residency?

What special programs or studies have you led that provide you with the basis of making a medical/psychological judgment regarding another individual?

Normally, you have a right to an opinion – including whether you like, dislike or whatever with respect to another person’s post.

YOU, however, have decided your God-like powers of divination make you an AUTHORITY on autism.

Regardless of the challenges in your life, either post your CV to support your statements or retract them.

PolAgnostic on June 21, 2012 at 1:13 AM

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

How came you by the psychiatric diagnosis of “multiple personality disorder” without an interview and test series> Have a medical or clinical degree? License to practice? Are you a quack?
Do you know who Michael Burry is? I suspect he is a lot richer than you, hands down.

ExpressoBold on June 21, 2012 at 1:15 AM

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Well, I don’t have to be a doctor or be the parent of one to say that you are an a0hole and that your opinion is worth what we paid for it.

Next time one of us wants your opinion, we’ll give it to you.

FOAD, HTH, HAND.

kim roy on June 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM

based on your posts and lies here.

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Are you some sort of retard?

jaime on June 21, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I think everyone should take a deep breath and calm down.

There’s an entire range of different diagnoses of autism, and riddick probably knows that. I’d guess that he had not previously read Twerp’s comments about Asperger’s, he saw the word autism, and since he’s obviously been through a great deal of heart anguish over his daughter, he went daisy cutter in his comment because he thought Twerp was just throwing out a word. Riddick’s comment obviously upset Twerp.

That’s my take, and I think giving people some slack and understanding on things that are emotional triggers—for Riddick and for Twerp—is the way to go.

INC on June 21, 2012 at 1:32 AM

INC on June 21, 2012 at 1:32 AM

With you 100% …

… right after riddick retracts his unprovoked and massively ill considered statements.

PolAgnostic on June 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM

PolAgnostic on June 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Well, maybe he was so upset, he left. Maybe he’ll read things, think about it and write something. Maybe he’ll never see this. The more things accelerate, the harder it is for people to retreat or retract what they may have said.

INC on June 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Peace out.

I have to go finish cleaning the kitchen.

INC on June 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Riddick, I know a lot of high functioning aspberger types. In fact, my tax professional is one. She is as sharp as a tack, but her social skills are a tad awkward. Now that I understand what she is about, she no longer embarrasses me when she has one of her more “direct” moments when dealing with people. She does not like to be touched, either.

karenhasfreedom on June 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM

karenhasfreedom on June 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I don’t like to be hugged, I also go ‘aspie’ over crowds-though not @ work, and loud noise.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Uppereastside on June 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM

But a different kind of troll has arrived.

I guess Soros can pay him, since he isn’t sending so much fiduciary love to Obama these days.

22044 on June 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

..be kind to him, “22″, he just got buggered cross-eyed by one of those midnight cowboy stallions he met at The Stonewall and has trouble walking himself.

The War Planner on June 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Hmmmm….

And all this time the Dems and the MSM have been saying the Republicans have a War on Women????

Um…..ok…….!

Snitchmo on June 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Nice smack down, Neil! Well done!

GoodAg77 on June 21, 2012 at 7:02 AM

renalin on June 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

What a repulsive thing to write.

zoyclem on June 21, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Mitt can afford to be honest in filing his taxes.

bayam on June 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So do you imagine Romney, a guy worth over a hundred million, sitting at his computer using Turbo Tax to do his tax returns, like little Timmy Geithner?

Get real. We don’t even know how many horses the Romneys own. We also don’t know how the write-off horse is used in Romney’s business. It may be a horse that is used as a stud, for racing, whatever. There are lots of legitimate business uses for horses, and lots of legitimate business deductions for them in the tax code.

AZCoyote on June 21, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Tell it, Neil.

curved space on June 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

The War Planner on June 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Must be – thanks War Planner!

(chuckling)

22044 on June 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM

riddick on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter.

As for you, I’ve never seen your posts before. It’s certainly not a good idea to barge in and throw insults at one of the regulars.

22044 on June 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Remember when the left used Michael J. Fox’s illness to make commercials calling for the use of embryonic stem cells for a cure? Maybe if the Romney’s had killed a few unborns instead of buying a horse, the left would be happier. Actually, therapy riding is extended to children with emotional problems, autism, and special needs, as well. It’s not just for those with muscular difficulties.

Kissmygrits on June 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Had a boy in Jr high and he had aspurgers. When he took the act he came out in the highest in every subject. I was so amazed and proud of him. I copied the results and had him take them home to is parents.
I hope someday he will be the great scientist who discovers a cure.

Bambi on June 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Thread kinda went off the rails for a bit there….

airmonkey on June 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Mr. O’Donnell,

My brother died last summer after suffering for over 20 years with MS. If I thought that holding his hand, skipping down a garden path while avoiding piles of horse dung would help his condition I would have done it gladly everyday bare footed.
Unfortunately my brother died bed ridden, tubes replacing his methods for eating and waste disposal. He did not have the strength over the last several years to get out of bed let alone walk down a garden path. His hands so knarled that it was painful for him to use them even as claws to push the nurse help button at hospice.
And now the only horse dung I have to avoid comes from your mouth.
On this subject you need to shut up and wise up, Sir.

mechkiller_k on June 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Imagine what this network’s going to sound like come late October.

I think the only time I’ve spent more than 10 seconds watching anything on MSLSD is when I’m channel surfing for something else or when they show live events from the Olympic Games. They are easily one of the crappiest and least influential ‘news’ outlets in America. I’m convinced their already paltry viewership would drop 50% if Hot Air and other conservative blogs stopped posting about them.

RobertE on June 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM