Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on June 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

House Speaker John Boehner today took a direct assault at the president’s immigration announcement as he questioned the constitutionality of his decision to stop deporting and begin granting work permits to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants and he surmised that President Obama made the announcement because the president “can’t talk about his economic policies.”

“It’s the president himself who said the last couple of years that he couldn’t do this and so the question remains whether he’s violating the Constitution,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said. “But let’s go back to what’s really going on here: The president can’t talk about his economic policies, can’t talk about the number one issue on the minds of Americans because his policies have failed. They’ve made things worse, and so he’s turned to the politics of envy and division, which I don’t think the American people are going to accept.”

***

A group of 20 Republican senators led by Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) sent a letter to President Obama late Tuesday questioning the legality of his recent directive to stop deporting illegal immigrants who come to the country at a young age.

“Not only do we question your legal authority to unilaterally act in this regard, we are frustrated that you have intentionally bypassed Congress and the American people,” the letter read in part. “As president you swore to uphold and defend the constitution and enforce laws. Your recently announced directive runs counter to that responsibility.”

The letter requests documents from President Obama proving that he sought legal counsel to ensure that he had the right to issue the immigration directive.

***

Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) on Monday proposed legislation that would block enforcement of President Obama’s new policy of letting certain illegal immigrants request temporary relief from deportation.

Schweikert’s bill would specifically prohibit the Department of Homeland Security from allowing that relief, which Obama described on Friday as an option for up to 800,000 immigrants who came to the United States illegally at a young age. Schweikert said his bill would prevent Obama from “dictating” immigration law from the White House.

“Last week, the president decided to grant amnesty and hand out work permits to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, while over 23 million Americans remain unemployed and the civilian participation rate is at a 30-year low,” he said Monday. “This amounts to an abdication of duty to the American people who are struggling in this economy.

***

President Obama made waves last week by announcing significant changes to the government’s stance on the deportation of certain illegal immigrants. Most analysts portrayed the decision as a smart move to shore up Obama’s flagging standing with Latino voters.

I’m far less certain

While the Latino vote is frequently portrayed as a critical voting bloc, in truth it is concentrated in only a few swing states with just a handful of electoral votes…

Fifteen electoral votes could still be crucial in a close election. But here’s the rub: The analyses that focus only on the potential effect among Latino voters miss half of the equation: The potential effect among white voters…

Finally, I think it’s important to remember that Latino voters’ views on immigration aren’t uniform, and that just as there’s a ceiling on the Republican share of this vote, there’s probably something of a floor.

***

Fox News’ Carl Cameron, sensing that evasion, asked why the presumptive Republican nominee was fine saying he’d repeal Obamacare but unwilling to say as much about this quasi-Executive Order.

“Well, when we talk about illegal immigration I think I want to start by saying we need to secure the border, we’ve got to have an employment verification system, and then with regards to these children who came here brought in by their parents who came in here illegally, how we deal with them is something I think that deserves a long term solution and I don’t think we go jumping from one solution to the other,” Romney replied. “The president I think made a mistake by putting out there what he called a stop-gap measure; I think that’s not the right way to go. I’m not going to be looking for stop gap-measures; I’m going to be looking for a permanent or a long-term solution that’s something I will start on day one. Actually, as soon as I get elected hopefully, I will start working on this issue and hopefully be ready to go immediately.”

Romney may, indeed, be more interested in crafting broader immigration reform — though his promise to veto the DREAM Act suggests he’s far more interested in border enforcement than reform. He may find the idea of a stopgap measure bad politics and bad policy. But the idea that he will somehow craft legislation and get it ready to be implemented upon him taking office Jan. 20, is truly wishful thinking considering how hard it proved to pass during the latter Bush years and early Obama years.

***

I often feel as if I live in two worlds. I get angry when I hear stories of couples from wealthy families who come to Miami from overseas in the last weeks of a pregnancy, deliver their children at Jackson Memorial so their babies are born American citizens, and then leave the country and stick the American public with their hospital bills. I appreciate the frustration people have when they feel their country is being overwhelmed by illegal immigration.

On the other hand, when I hear some people accuse immigrants of destroying the American economy and culture and stealing jobs from American citizens, it stirs my anger, too. I can’t stand to hear immigrants described in terms more appropriate to a plague of locusts than human beings. And although I believe they are a small minority, I begin to wonder if some of the people who speak so disparagingly about immigrants would be just as worked up if most of them were coming from Canada.

I understand it is a difficult issue. It’s a law-and-order issue. But it’s also an issue about human dignity and common decency. And when we lose sight of either aspect of the issue, we harm ourselves as well as the people who wish to live here. Many people who come here illegally are doing exactly what we would do if we lived in a country where we couldn’t feed our families. If my kids went to sleep hungry every night and my country didn’t give me an opportunity to feed them, there isn’t a law, no matter how restrictive, that would prevent me from coming here. We should debate our differences on immigration with regard to all the issues that deserve our respect and attention.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I want mawmaw grizzly!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

And you assume calling women grizzly bears is flattering?

Lourdes on June 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

RickB on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

(And “outta” rhymes with “boat-a”.)

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I wonder if canop4 and Drywall have a Canadish accent?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Maybe Rubio is the rabbit, leading the way on how liberal an immigration policy Gov. Romney can get away with. When everyone pig piles on Rubio he’ll know that’s the stopping point.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Le Trial Balloon?

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

So,Team Blue has been BIOKING the GOP on this,(with Obama)
for about three years!!

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Oh,…Lanceman, I’ll just wait til I see you tomorrow, to give you some more bad news.

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

McCain plans on stealing the nomination from Rmoney with Suckabee’s help somehow?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Sueños de un dia en Noviembre

El_Terrible on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

We all do :).it’s more of a collective dream :)

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Dreams of Mein Fuhrer ……

punditbob on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Ha! LMAO! Starring Moochelle Obowma as Eva Braun.

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I want mawmaw grizzly!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM
——————————————

And you assume calling women grizzly bears is flattering?

Lourdes on June 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM
—————————————–

Lourdes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

not another WAR…..on Grizzly Bears…..ugh!!
(snark):)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I wonder if canop4 and Drywall have a Canadish accent?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

As a Detroiter–well, Metro-Detroit area, I enjoy talking to Canadians aboat current events. :)

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I was thinking along the lines of elementary, middle and high school. I don’t know anything about their access to public education.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Obama is a pathelogical liar.

snip

Zcat on June 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Aha!

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Maybe. The conversation is almost as stupid as the War on Women and I hope it disappears as quickly.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I wonder if canop4 and Drywall have a Canadish accent?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Dreams of Mein Fuhrer ……

punditbob on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
———————————————

Ha! LMAO! Starring Moochelle Obowma as Eva Braun.

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM
————————————————

minnesoter:Lol,

and,

Blondi,

the dog that knew he was going to be on the menu,
in Hopeys bunker!
(snark)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

lolz..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Who made America responsible for all the world’s poor. And why wasn’t I given a vote on this?

Oleta on June 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

…canop4 probably says “hay” alot…but Drywall probably has a pronounced progressive lisp!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Lol.
Koolaid, have you spent any time in the UP? I think it’s, “Ay”, there.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

BUT, if we lose the immigration battle, a flood of left voting Hispanics will empower an absolute open borders policy. No joke. A de facto merger with Mexico. Borders without guards. Once the Hispanics, and their white liberal allies, gain a democratic stronghold, they will tilt the playing field, and America as we know it is done. Stand up, it’s now or never.

anotherJoe on June 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I think we’ve already lost the immigration battle because the GOP is too spineless and love their cheap labor too much to do anything about it. I’ve said this a thousand times, but Texas is on the road to becoming California with all of the illegals. The number of voting adult anchor babies grows exponentially and they don’t vote Republican. Texas will turn blue and when that happens, the Dems will always have the WH. You can’t win the WH without TX.

And I am really tired of seeing Rubio’s illegal loving face everywhere. You may as well put Jeb’s picture up there.

TxAnn56 on June 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

(And “outta” rhymes with “boat-a”.)

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I wonder if canop4 and Drywall have a Canadish accent?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Austrian, perhaps?
Now, please don’t put canopfor in the same sentence.

AllahsNippleHair on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hasta la vista, bebes.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

canopfor 2 KOOLAID:

“I’m aboot to kick your ass, guy!”

lol.

Canada on Strike (might auto! — dunno)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Dire Straits: *WAVES*:)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Who made America responsible for all the world’s poor.

Barack Obama Sr.?

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Koolaid, have you spent any time in the UP? I think it’s, “Ay”, there.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

…oh yes…Hessel, Ceadarville …and Drummond Island. I have a ton of cousins near Toronto…and if I’m with them for a couple of days…all my sentences end with “hey”?…for the next week or two….. everybody here thinks I’m asking questions when I’m making a statement!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Have you seen rightwingyahoo around lately? I’m thinking we may need to send out an APB because he’s been absent from the amnesty threads. That’s not like him. Maybe he’s having bandwidth problems like you did.

TxAnn56 on June 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Señor Rubio, a tanner, younger Señor McCain.

AllahsNippleHair on June 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Dear Mr. Rubio,

Please stop sending me e-mails asking me to purchase your new book.

Thank you.

JPeterman on June 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Meanwhile…..a Texas Posse is heading to Florida to save the day!!!
__________

Obama’s weakest point, his greatest fear, is that …
Texas Republicans Lead on Immigration, Force Obama’s Hand
3:33 pm CST – June 18, 2012
—————————

This is a golden opportunity for Texas Republicans to step and save the day.

Our Federation of Hispanic Republicans have begun the

“Obama Two-Face” project,

in Spanish http://www.obamadoscaras.com,
which will be unveiled on national Spanish radio on Univision.

With this project,

we will raise the funds to do ads, robocalls, pushcards, billboards in the battleground state of Florida,
************************************************

focusing entirely on the Hisapnic vote that Jeb Bush was able to win there, 70% as governor.

The RNC, and Romney’s campaign, may be either too afraid, lack the knowledge, or are just too slow to take the fight to the Democrats,

so we Texans will take it to the streets of Florida.
****************************************************

We ask for your help Texas.

Send us to Florida … and remember,
******************

it was Texas Republicans who won the Hispanic vote for Romney.
(More…)
==========

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

canopfor 2 KOOLAID:

“I’m aboot to kick your ass, guy!”

lol.

Canada on Strike (might auto! — dunno)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

…well…maybe it’s because Ontario is sorta south…like people from NY talk different than those from Georgia.
canopfor would be saying “I’m aboot to kick your azz, hey!”

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

This is OT, but did anyone see Greta’s bit on Maher calling Allen West an Ape?

Check out the footage – the escort he is passiing off as a girlfreind has a slight Herpe problem…

They must have been an item for at least 3 months, 6 months, I don’t know, how long does it take for that stuff to make an appeareance?

ccrosby on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Koolaid, have you spent any time in the UP? I think it’s, “Ay”, there.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

You mean ‘eh’?? I lived in Toronto two, dor aout two years, an that’ (eh at the end of some interrogative sentences) was the only distinctive thing, rest is a bit of a myth..there’s not much of an accent, really, not that I detected, nothing that much different from here, in the US..and yeah, some peolple do say ‘aboot’, but mainy older people, the younger ones use it in jesting…now, the French quebecois accent, that’s an entirely different story :)…

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Maybe right policy but absolutely wrong method. Congress makes the law.

AshleyTKing on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Sorry, Mr. Rubio. I respect your opinion, but take a look at the financial facts on the ground, sir. Illegal immigrants *are*, as a bloc, effectively a plague of locusts – they are decimating our health and hospital system, grinding our education system into poverty, disproportionately responsible for crime at higher rates, consuming public tax resources disproportionately, undermining the employment situation, etc.

Humans, to be sure. Bringers of financial calamity, definitely.

Solution needed, yes – but not one that rings akin to the amnesties we’ve done before, and to which we know the result. Just like we chastise the libs for not learning from the failure of their efforts, let’s not fail to learn from our failures in attempted amnesty that only worsen the situation in the long term.

Midas on June 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Two years..

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

canopfor 2 KOOLAID:

“I’m aboot to kick your ass, guy!”

lol.

Canada on Strike (might auto! — dunno)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Axe:On strike…..S.O.B’s,and the d*mn internet Nazi’s
says…Not Available in Canada…ugh..haha!:)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

And why is no one at HA talking about King Obama’s disaster of a press conference he did tonight? Bill O’Reilly was outraged about it.

Obama confident about European debt crisis resolution, scolds Romney adviser for critiquing plan

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

canopfor would be saying “I’m aboot to kick your azz, hey!”

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

You mean ‘eh’??

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

As long as I get to say “aboot” — I’m good. :)

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Two years..

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Good Lord! Does Ann Coulter know this?

ccrosby on June 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

It’s up to us people….

……our self-serving political ruling class in D.C. are not up to the task. All they are interested is public showmanship and grandstanding and playing to their bases…..all the while slapping each other on the back when the cameras are turned off and the doors to the meeting rooms are closed.

Play golf with the President? sure, why not…….they ALL want to grow the scope, power and influence of the Federal government.

“When government expands, liberty contracts”–Ronald Reagan.

PappyD61 on June 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Axe:On strike…..S.O.B’s,and the d*mn internet Nazi’s
says…Not Available in Canada…ugh..haha!:)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Aw man. Sry. Dumb, silly aside anyway. :)

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I wonder if canop4 and Drywall have a Canadish accent?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Lancemen:

I thank gawd,that I don’t have a,

French,
NewFoundland(thats Newfie) accent,

and, I never end a sentence,with(eh)!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I think because O’Reilly is the last one to figure it out…

ccrosby on June 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Aw man. Sry. Dumb, silly aside anyway. :)

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Axe:Hey,I have a sense of humour.Everything is tickety-boo!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hey Weepy,
Shut up already. Is that the best you can do when constitution is being violated? Talk about economy? Shame on you.

antisocial on June 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I think because O’Reilly is the last one to figure it out…

ccrosby on June 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I only caught the last 10 minutes of the press conference. King Obama was incoherent. He really is losing it.

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

From the article:

“I would point out that we have one president at a time and one administration at a time,” Obama said. “And I think traditionally the notion has been that America’s political differences end at the water’s edge.”

Thats not what he was spouting in 2008.

RickB on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

You mean ‘eh’??

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

…you’re prolly right!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

As long as I get to say “aboot” — I’m good. :)

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Knock yourself out :)…it was a bit surreal hearing it from an old prof of mine at York U, I laughed for days…for a second there I thought he wasn’t using it in a self-deprecating manner (like most of my friends there did :)..turned out it wasn’t the case :)…

jimver on June 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Romney is looking and acting more Presidential than Obie..Not that is hard to do!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Did anyone catch that Obama bowed to Felipe Calderon!?!? I know the sh?t is short, but come on.

AllahsNippleHair on June 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Real firebrands of Conservatism.
Boehner, McConnell.

Weepy and the Post-turtle have the concept of
decorum, but certainly not the sense of decimal
writ infinity in dollar amounts.

I still think a finely oiled chainsaw…

The spellchecker is working overtime
for Conservatism, and ironically,
thinks Boehner is a misspel, heh.

mickytx on June 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

“When government expands, liberty contracts”–Ronald Reagan.

PappyD61 on June 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Clear, concise, and to the point.

KCB on June 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

RedCrow:

When I was around 10,visiting my grandparents camp,
there was a Lodge,owned by Americans,Miss Pratt ran the
place,and she was from Detriot,what an accent,loved it!

She made awesome pastries,did alot of rowing across the
lake that summer!!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Confident about the European debt crisis resolution lol :)…when what we see there it’s just the beginning…the tip of the iceberg…but then why am I surprised, 0 is and has always been clueless when it comes to europe…

jimver on June 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I want mawmaw grizzly!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM
——————————————

And you assume calling women grizzly bears is flattering?

Lourdes on June 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM
—————————————–

Lourdes:

not another WAR…..on Grizzly Bears…..ugh!!
(snark):)

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

But can you skin a Grizz.

RickB on June 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

TxAnn56 on June 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

TxAnn56:

Good point,I haven’t seen him either,and since our family switched
providers,no problem.—–:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

A sternly-worded memo?!? Yikes! Republicans Gone Wild!!!

KS Rex on June 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Can’t listen to him anymore, just read the transcripts. His monontous rhetoric makes me want to vomit and don’t want to waste the liquor it takes to listen to it…

ccrosby on June 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

AllahsNippleHair on June 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yeah, the only thing that Barack likes more than bowing to foreign leaders is reaming the crap out of American taxpayers.

minnesoter on June 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Canopfor
why is everybody picking on you???…….. You one of the best commenter’s on H/A………..;-)
heck I’m only a short drive and a sixty mile swim away……..

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

But can you skin a Grizz.

RickB on June 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

RickB:I haven’t seen that movie in a long time,talk about close
quarter fighting….ouch!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

A story that as Allahpundit would say, is to good to check…

Obama Chastises First Lady Over Unsightly Panty Lines

WASHINGTON – In a rare display of harsh criticism, President Obama lambasted First Lady Michelle Obama as she and the presidential children were preparing to board Air Force One. When the President first arrived on the tarmac, minutes after the First Family’s arrival, he was all smiles as he waved to press members and staff that had gathered to see the family embark on their twenty-seven day Caribbean vacation. But Obama’s smile faded when he saw what his wife was wearing. After the initial wave of astonishment washed over him, the President’s face filled with scorn as he let fly a blur of caustic remarks that stunned even the more gruff military and secret service personnel standing nearby.

Staff Sargent Abraham Kelly told The Daily Rash that he was more shocked by the President’s wrath than he was by Mrs. Obama’s panty lines.

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

A change in prosecutorial discretion means Barry may direct ICE not to actively pursue deportation of those illegal aliens who were brought here by their parents. There is A WORLD’s OF DIFFERENCE in granting them work permits, which is an active act vs passive inaction. The granting of work permits should be through legislation by the Congress.

bayview on June 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

RickB on June 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

LoLZ..Very good movie!..:)

Dire Straits on June 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Howdy. Should be in bed-but I’m not.
*Here’s an extra FLINK for Lancey-boy for mentioning Plugs on my FB wall.*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

ccrosby on June 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

JPeterman:Here are all the highlights(qoutes),as they rolled in!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Swalker
It probably wasn’t the panty lines, he probably saw the size of her azz………lmao……..;-)

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thumbs up to the video you played last night!!..Excellent guitar!..:)

Dire Straits on June 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Hi twerp….;)

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

One Hundred and Sixty Ninth!

AsianGirlInTights on June 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Had me goin’ there…. for a minute.

novaculus on June 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Canopfor

heck I’m only a short drive and a sixty mile swim away……..

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

angrymike:All in good nature(fun),are you near Traverse City!:)

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Canopfor
No I’m on the lake in Ohio …………its about sixty miles across lake Erie to Cleveland ……….

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

A sternly-worded memo?!? Yikes! Republicans Gone Wild!!!

KS Rex on June 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Right! How about a little parliamentarian hardball? The GOP runs the House, and looks to regain the Senate. Aggrieved letters (that nobody reads, and that the MSM won’t report anyways) won’t cut it. Republican leaders in the Congress need to follow Issa’s lead and take it head-on against Barry’s coat-holders.

minnesoter on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Swalker

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Think of it in these terms. Desperation makes an individuals temper short, they become unreasonably sensitive and begin lashing out in irrational ways. When you are lashing out over “Unsightly panty lines” you are past the breaking point. This is very likely a symptom of the beginnings of a complete mental breakdown.

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

The Indonesian Dog-Eater is losing it but he was incoherent because he’s an idiot and has no idea what the hell he was trying to talk about. The guy can’t do simple arithmetic with fractions and he tries to lecture us on finance. It’s pathetic. More pathetic that anyone ever took this 84 IQ lame-brain seriously, though.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Rubio is wrong and its shameful to see and hear a Senator advocating coming to this nation illegally. Since he majority of illegal aliens originate in Mexico, let’s take a look at the nation where Rubio insists that people’s children are going to bed hungry.

Mexico is not a third world country. It has the 13th largest GDP and the 11th largest by purchasing power parity in the world. It is considered an upper middle income nation by the World Bank. It is the 1th largest nation in the world. It has a population of 113 million. It has an unemployment level of around 5%. It has a poverty rate of around 18% and falling. If Mexico has a problem with poverty it is that it sends its poor HERE. There is a wage disparity evident in Mexico, with the cities and the northern states enjoying the highest wages, the southern states, with the highest Indian population, suffering the lowest. These disparities will never be addressed or rectified as long as Mexico can export its poor and uneducated to this nation with impunity.

The US has about 8 plus% unemployment, or more, for 41 consecutive months. Estimates are that there are 23 million American citizens and legal immigrants who are either unemployed or underemployed. Our poverty level is at about 15% and rising. We are a nation of about 310 Million people. We accept over 1 million LEGAL IMMIGRANTS per year,about 750,000 legal immigrants and about 250,000 asylum seekers, over 100,000 per month most months. Of these, MOST are from Asia (which topped Hispanic LEGAL immigration for the first time in 2010), and the Hispanic nations with only about 200,000-250,000 per year representing the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD. (*NOTE: These figures are only for LEGAL IMMIGRATION and DO NOT represent ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION) The PEW CENTER estimates that illegal aliens currently hold 7-8 million full time jobs in the US.

thatsafactjack on June 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Very good. To unfortunate citizens in some of the planet’s hellholes, Mexico is a relative paradise. Mexicans come here mostly for better wages, not to escape political or religious persecution, not to escape starvation and disease, or c-wars or violent r-words, or crazy warlord dictators. Just for a couple more dollars an hour.

slickwillie2001 on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

He looks like he is coming a part at the seams. A NYT columnist on Piers Morgan tonight said “He does not seem to be in command”. Wow! Just wow!

d1carter on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

From that picture, you just know that there is also camel toe.

/shudder

AZfederalist on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Now this is elegant political speech:

“When well proportioned buttocks are overly embraced by an undergarment, the outer clothing layer is want to be loose, so as not to draw attention to the struggle underneath. With that in mind, I empathize with the President, though I feel his vexation may have been more suited in the privacy of Air Force One rather than the tarmac.”

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thumbs up to the video you played last night!!..Excellent guitar!..:)

Dire Straits on June 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Glad you liked it, ole Steve Via is almost as good a guitar player as me… ;p

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

No. That would be a change in policy, not prosecutorial discretion, which is an individual concept for individual cases.

bayview on June 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

This part is even worse and more brazen than the aforementioned selective enforcement – i.e. amending law by fiat.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

From that picture, you just know that there is also camel toe.

/shudder

AZfederalist on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thanks for that mental image, as if what I posted wasn’t bad enough. I must now wander off in search of some brain bleach… o_O

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I hear you!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

omg:

Every day she made insulting jabs about the jeans in front of staff and visitors. Her perpetual criticism slowly ate away at his self-esteem. It’s one of the reasons he was so slow in reacting to the Gulf oil spill. I really felt sorry for him.

Axe on June 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

JPeterman:Here ya go!:)
=======================

Transcript and Video:

President Obama Speaks at G-20 Summit
by Fox News Insider
8:25 pm ET June 19, 2012
************************

canopfor on June 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Swalker
oh I figured that, but its more fun to think he’s just realizing what he’s married to, even if it is a staged marriage ………

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM

bayview on June 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Actually, it isn’t prosecutorial discretion at all. That is the fig leaf for Obama’s dereliction of duty. Proper prosecutorial discretion is exercised by prosecutors, based on circumstances they evaluate for themselves. It isn’t a blanket policy imposed from above.

novaculus on June 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

From that picture, you just know that there is also camel toe.

/shudder

AZfederalist on June 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Oh Jeebus, please pass the brain bleach for that ugly thought.

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Swalker

angrymike on June 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Why the sudden expression of horror on his face though, the azz in quesrion has been there all along, in the same shape and size :)…he looks really startled in that pic :)…spooked almost :)…

jimver on June 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Oh Jeebus, please pass the brain bleach for that ugly thought.

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Just being helpful. {evil grin}

/yeah, I kind of grossed myself out over that one

AZfederalist on June 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

minnesoter on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

This.

Kataklysmic on June 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Not immigrants, Mr. Rubio. Illegal aliens.
Is Mr.Rubio “wondering” if some of us (that want current immigration laws enforced) are racist? Don’t we get enough of that crap from the other side? This man is annoying me now.

lynncgb on June 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Oh Jeebus, please pass the brain bleach for that ugly thought.

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

10 lbs bag meets 50 lbs of W.o.o.k.i.e Azz… Not a pretty sight…

SWalker on June 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Obama is a mar on America that can never be removed. It makes me sad. I want to be rid of him.

Bmore on June 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Obama’s little presser from Mexico was weird… but at Politico they are spinning it so hard they make it sound like he actually said something. He didn’t. But they let slip a little goodie that should be investigated further…

Why are Eurozone leaders snubbing our President? I mean I know why, of course, but he is still the President of the US…

Obama had been set to meet with a group of Eurozone leaders that night but, after the summit’s official dinner, the jetlagged Europeans chose not to meet. The president did, though, have a “constructive” 45-minute discussion with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said.

Poor Angela Merkle… too nice to ignore him completely… I used to get stuck with the losers nobody else would talk to sometimes at parties… if you are too nice to them they cling to you and you can’t get rid of them.

They just told him they had to wash their hair? Or did they just stand him up?

I bet he got stood up a lot when he was dating. He is such a nag.

petunia on June 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It’s one of the reasons he was so slow in reacting to the Gulf oil spill.

He wasn’t slow to act. He was right on top of it, intentionally stopping the States from doing any containment, mitigation, or clean-up activities that they were prepared for, making sure that the spill was as bad as it could possibly be – the spill that was mostly caused by the Coast Guard demanding to put the fire out immediately, which sunk the platform, bent and broke the pipes and made it such a total mess rather than a burning but containable problem.

This was not much different from when the other hussein intentionally spilled tens of millions of barrels into the other Gulf. Now, we get to see the Indonesian Hussein look to light every oil well in Kuwait city in America on fire as he’s retreating. It’s what husseins are apt to do.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I’m beginning to think there will no debates this fall.

JPeterman on June 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

jimver on June 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

… the drugs had just worn off. Sometimes reality is not your friend. ;-)

AZfederalist on June 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM