Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on June 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

House Speaker John Boehner today took a direct assault at the president’s immigration announcement as he questioned the constitutionality of his decision to stop deporting and begin granting work permits to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants and he surmised that President Obama made the announcement because the president “can’t talk about his economic policies.”

“It’s the president himself who said the last couple of years that he couldn’t do this and so the question remains whether he’s violating the Constitution,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said. “But let’s go back to what’s really going on here: The president can’t talk about his economic policies, can’t talk about the number one issue on the minds of Americans because his policies have failed. They’ve made things worse, and so he’s turned to the politics of envy and division, which I don’t think the American people are going to accept.”

***

A group of 20 Republican senators led by Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) sent a letter to President Obama late Tuesday questioning the legality of his recent directive to stop deporting illegal immigrants who come to the country at a young age.

“Not only do we question your legal authority to unilaterally act in this regard, we are frustrated that you have intentionally bypassed Congress and the American people,” the letter read in part. “As president you swore to uphold and defend the constitution and enforce laws. Your recently announced directive runs counter to that responsibility.”

The letter requests documents from President Obama proving that he sought legal counsel to ensure that he had the right to issue the immigration directive.

***

Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) on Monday proposed legislation that would block enforcement of President Obama’s new policy of letting certain illegal immigrants request temporary relief from deportation.

Schweikert’s bill would specifically prohibit the Department of Homeland Security from allowing that relief, which Obama described on Friday as an option for up to 800,000 immigrants who came to the United States illegally at a young age. Schweikert said his bill would prevent Obama from “dictating” immigration law from the White House.

“Last week, the president decided to grant amnesty and hand out work permits to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, while over 23 million Americans remain unemployed and the civilian participation rate is at a 30-year low,” he said Monday. “This amounts to an abdication of duty to the American people who are struggling in this economy.

***

President Obama made waves last week by announcing significant changes to the government’s stance on the deportation of certain illegal immigrants. Most analysts portrayed the decision as a smart move to shore up Obama’s flagging standing with Latino voters.

I’m far less certain

While the Latino vote is frequently portrayed as a critical voting bloc, in truth it is concentrated in only a few swing states with just a handful of electoral votes…

Fifteen electoral votes could still be crucial in a close election. But here’s the rub: The analyses that focus only on the potential effect among Latino voters miss half of the equation: The potential effect among white voters…

Finally, I think it’s important to remember that Latino voters’ views on immigration aren’t uniform, and that just as there’s a ceiling on the Republican share of this vote, there’s probably something of a floor.

***

Fox News’ Carl Cameron, sensing that evasion, asked why the presumptive Republican nominee was fine saying he’d repeal Obamacare but unwilling to say as much about this quasi-Executive Order.

“Well, when we talk about illegal immigration I think I want to start by saying we need to secure the border, we’ve got to have an employment verification system, and then with regards to these children who came here brought in by their parents who came in here illegally, how we deal with them is something I think that deserves a long term solution and I don’t think we go jumping from one solution to the other,” Romney replied. “The president I think made a mistake by putting out there what he called a stop-gap measure; I think that’s not the right way to go. I’m not going to be looking for stop gap-measures; I’m going to be looking for a permanent or a long-term solution that’s something I will start on day one. Actually, as soon as I get elected hopefully, I will start working on this issue and hopefully be ready to go immediately.”

Romney may, indeed, be more interested in crafting broader immigration reform — though his promise to veto the DREAM Act suggests he’s far more interested in border enforcement than reform. He may find the idea of a stopgap measure bad politics and bad policy. But the idea that he will somehow craft legislation and get it ready to be implemented upon him taking office Jan. 20, is truly wishful thinking considering how hard it proved to pass during the latter Bush years and early Obama years.

***

I often feel as if I live in two worlds. I get angry when I hear stories of couples from wealthy families who come to Miami from overseas in the last weeks of a pregnancy, deliver their children at Jackson Memorial so their babies are born American citizens, and then leave the country and stick the American public with their hospital bills. I appreciate the frustration people have when they feel their country is being overwhelmed by illegal immigration.

On the other hand, when I hear some people accuse immigrants of destroying the American economy and culture and stealing jobs from American citizens, it stirs my anger, too. I can’t stand to hear immigrants described in terms more appropriate to a plague of locusts than human beings. And although I believe they are a small minority, I begin to wonder if some of the people who speak so disparagingly about immigrants would be just as worked up if most of them were coming from Canada.

I understand it is a difficult issue. It’s a law-and-order issue. But it’s also an issue about human dignity and common decency. And when we lose sight of either aspect of the issue, we harm ourselves as well as the people who wish to live here. Many people who come here illegally are doing exactly what we would do if we lived in a country where we couldn’t feed our families. If my kids went to sleep hungry every night and my country didn’t give me an opportunity to feed them, there isn’t a law, no matter how restrictive, that would prevent me from coming here. We should debate our differences on immigration with regard to all the issues that deserve our respect and attention.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Of what that dog taste like…..

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Of a country in despair like Europe.

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

…JugEars is showing the wrong finger!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Of another vacation…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Of the ninth hole…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Dreams….

Of a lying Father…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

“It’s the president himself who said the last couple of years that he couldn’t do this and so the question remains whether he’s violating the Constitution,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said. “But let’s go back to what’s really going on here: The president can’t talk about his economic policies, [...]

Okey doke. So the Weeper of the House thinks that the Precedent jsut violated the Constitution (which he obviously did in the most offensive and dangerous way) … but the Weeper just wants to talk about economic policies. What an a$$. The ultimate coward. This Crybaby should have been removed from the Weepership in March of 2011, at the latest. He’s just awful and stupid … and a crybaby.

What does he thinks his friggin job is when the White House violates the Constitution? To talk about economic policies? Who cares about that old Constitution, anyway?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I spit on this man…

Seriously…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Senator Rubio, challenge Mexico to build its own economy and offer chances for its own citizens. While you’re at it, please highlight their draconian immigration rules.

The Law Library of Congress released a report in April 2006 titled, Immigration Law Sanctions and Enforcement in Selected Foreign Countries: Brazil, Egypt, Japan, Mexico, Sweden, and Switzerland. The report observed how Mexican law considers “[i]legal entry a federal crime … penalized with imprisonment for up to two years, a fine from three hundred to five thousand Mexican Pesos, and deportation.” Repeat offenders receive even harsher sanctions of 10-year imprisonment and a fine of up to five thousand pesos and deportation.

Stop enabling the Mexican government.

INC on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I spit on this man…

Seriously…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Must I call Emmanuel Cleaver?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

“But let’s go back to what’s really going on here: The president can’t talk about his economic policies, can’t talk about the number one issue on the minds of Americans because his policies have failed [...]”

Translation:

But let’s ignore whether or not it’s unconstirutional and get to the really important part, the political points I think I can score here since I’m never actually going to do anything about this …

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Romney could say, in response to questions about repealing Obama’s executive order, that he would first like to find out if the order is constitutional.

farsighted on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

“Many people who come here illegally are doing exactly what we would do if we lived in a country where we couldn’t feed our families.”

And others stay in their Country and fight to make change for Freedom, Justice, and the Rule of Law…

Seven Percent Solution on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Or was it John Lewis?

I forget – Which black got spit on again?

Or are you only spitting on his white half, EG?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

lol … you type faster. :)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

They’re ILLEGAL. As in ILLEGAL. Jeebus, Rubio, what a dingdong you are turning out to be.

Bishop on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

and so the question remains whether he’s violating the Constitution,

Whether? WHETHER!?!

squint on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

And Rubio needs to go help the poor people who want to break our laws and violate our sovereignty .. in the countries they are citizens of and where they belong. The US is not Marxist Rubio’s to give to the world and then berate Americans for not being happy with his generosity of our nation.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Must I call Emmanuel Cleaver?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I never spit on him…

But I have reached my boiling point with this lawless, corrupt party called…

The Democrats

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

lol … you type faster. :)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Heh. I’m a little madder :):)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Sueños de un dia en Noviembre

El_Terrible on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Obama won’t deport these two child molesters with his new immigration rule

faraway on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I am posting on the news coverage of Romney’s visit to Holland MI today in the thread where they talk about paid protestors, started earlier in the day. So far, I have seen the 2 10 pm broadcasts. Waiting to view the 11 pm newscasts and will report again in that thread.

karenhasfreedom on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I never spit on him…

But I have reached my boiling point with this lawless, corrupt party called…

The Democrats

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Well somebody spit on him. He said so.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

House Speaker John Boehner today took a direct assault at the president… A group of 20 Republican senators led by Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) sent a letter to President Obama late Tuesday questioning the legality …

…a lot of that has been going on for 3 years now!….and?…and?…and?
Nice show!…and? My popcorn is getting stale!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

When Odumbo pulled this stunt, I thought, “Heads he wins, tails we lose.” On one hand, if the GOP (and the people) do nothing, he’s hoping for a ton of legal and illegal hispanic votes. On the other, and the GOP pursues this obvious usurpation of power not granted to the POTUS, then they’re “mean republicans” and he hopes to get votes there.

In a perfect America, a POTUS acting like a dic–tator would spark massive protests in the streets. But, alas, most Americans aren’t interested in the Constitution and its separation of powers. (Ready the yoke.)

Of course, Odumbo has been ignoring the Constitution since he took office, so…

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I remember when Senator Obama set the town on fire with his scathing criticisms of the lawless, evil Bush’s arbitrary exercise of power. Those evil signing statements and other power grabs in defiance of Congress. Gee Barack, you’ve come a long way, baby.

MJBrutus on June 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Must I call Emmanuel Cleaver?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Eldridge has been on the other side of the grass for over ten years.

bw222 on June 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Almost 16 trillion in debt.
How many of these locusts, I mean, illegals come and partake in our entitlements?
They come here and most of them create a neighborhood not unlike the one they fled. They don’t assimilate, they don’t have allegiance, except to our money.
We cannot afford to take on everyone else’s problems and you would be angry at Felipe Calderon’s just statement if you remembered that Mexico puts you in jail for two years for sneaking into their country and doesn’t give them free healthcare and anchor baby citizenship. Because, let’s be honest, most of our illegal immigration comes from the southern border, along with our drugs and criminals. Oh, and speaking of southern borders, Mexico s building a fence on their southern border.
We need our visa overstays kicked out. Overhaul the system.
Senator Rubio, worry about the people that voted you into office, the American citizen. You are dead to me, sir.

AllahsNippleHair on June 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Sueños de un dia en Noviembre

El_Terrible on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

“I dream of a day in November” — right?

I don’t trust the translator :)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Well somebody spit on him. He said so.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I am raising a finger to him…

Devide 5 by 2 and round up….

Yep..

That finger….

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

FORE TIMES 100!!!!!

AllahsNippleHair on June 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I spit on this man…

Seriously…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

…at least let me tape it!… are you the one “that treated him like a dog” too?

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

It’s not about racism, and Repubs are never going to win Hispanics… no matter what we do.
BUT, if we lose the immigration battle, a flood of left voting Hispanics will empower an absolute open borders policy. No joke. A de facto merger with Mexico. Borders without guards. Once the Hispanics, and their white liberal allies, gain a democratic stronghold, they will tilt the playing field, and America as we know it is done. Stand up, it’s now or never.

anotherJoe on June 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

While the Latino vote is frequently portrayed as a critical voting bloc,

A critical voting bloc that (D)s have (admittedly) no problem attacking with anti-hispanic insults and bigotry:

Lol. You mad bro? Mad I called him Jose? Hurts your feelings doesn’t it? Don’t worry, you can pay me back by calling Michelle Moochel…

Uppereastside on June 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Jose is not Rubio’s name. Jose is an insult based solely on nationality, and driven solely by tribal intolerance.

Embrace it or chastise it, (D)s. It’s your people.

rogerb on June 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Sueños de un dia en Noviembre

El_Terrible on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

..Simon, ese!

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hey, look! Boehner broke out of his stupor. Atta boy, Johnny! … Oh crap, he’s nodded off again.

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

…at least let me tape it!… are you the one “that treated him like a dog” too?

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Only when I squat….

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Bishop on June 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I agree.

SparkPlug on June 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I never spit on him…

But I have reached my boiling point with this lawless, corrupt party called…

The Democrats

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Well somebody spit on him. He said so.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

TIngle in the crowd by any chance? :)…

jimver on June 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

…not to worry!…that border is a leaking sieve…and it’s not Canadians coming in!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you!..For the true cons!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Just for laughs:

Jon Stewart Mocks Rich Romney While Outpacing Him In Wealth

(Includes overhead views of Stewart’s beach homes.)

Bedford County (VA) Dead Dog Receives Voter Registration Forms

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Uppereastside on June 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

..orale..siempre hable ud como un pinche vato, homes!

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Only when I squat….

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

don’t miss!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Palinoia will destroy ya.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sir, have you ever been to the emergency room of a local hospital? Any hospital? They use the Emergency room as an urgent care center, generally wind up sticking US taxpayers for the bill, have their children here so that they have “anchor babies”, have protested in this country while waving the Mexican flag while demanding citizenship and welfare.

Pretty much, I’d say plague of locusts is a pretty good description. … and that bit about destroying the economy? Check out the number of emergency rooms that have had to close because they can no longer function as charities.

AZfederalist on June 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

UCLA is in trouble in the CWS.

a capella on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

And another thing!
Rubio’s quote is pathetic! He mentions two problems–”wealthy families who come to Miami from overseas in the last weeks of a pregnancy” (Hmmm, does he mean wealthy white Europeans?), and “some people accuse immigrants of destroying the American economy and culture and stealing jobs from American citizens, it stirs my anger, too.”

Wow! So, our illegals problem is summed up by Rubio as rich Swiss couples having their babies in Miami, and hard-working hispanics who get a bum-rap?

Somebody needs to check the KoolAid in Rubio’s house.

Rubio for unVP!

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I question the judgement of handing hundreds of thousands illegal young people work permits when there are no jobs. Specifically when our own young people are the worst hit by the current employment situation. If the outcome is that they don’t have to worry about being deported (unlikely) but can’t get a job, do they become the wards of the taxpayers?

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

NO we would not. Canadians would be able to speak English, be far better educated, probably have some money in their pocket, and not have a marxist-inculcated sense of entitlement to the territory of the USA!

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I want mawmaw grizzly!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Just for laughs:

Jon Stewart Mocks Rich Romney While Outpacing Him In Wealth

(Includes overhead views of Stewart’s beach homes.)

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

..truly astounding; dig this takeaway, carnale:

Though Stewart distances himself from the “one-percenters” and bellows over their extravagance, his bank accounts bear all the marks of the “multi, multi, multi, multi millionaires” he mocks. The 49-year-old Stewart, born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, makes more than 300 times the median American salary, owns three luxury homes and sometimes doesn’t pay his taxes.

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

…don’t wake him up…he’ll regret it again…and cry!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Isn’t refusing to enforce duly Constituted laws the same as making your own law? When it suits you politically?

This doesn’t mean there’ll any change in enforcement anyway, we already weren’t deporting any of the people he’s supposedly protecting, we don’t send children home, period, and interior enforcement if a farce anyway.

The only difference now being Obama’s had his little publicity stunt to announce what Napolitano had already decided, some years ago.

What’s a few deceptions among friends?

Speakup on June 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

sometimes doesn’t pay his taxes.

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

…that’s a ‘requirement’ to be a liberal…isn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Those are good. Thanks.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

See, I’m torn on that. It was our young people who put black Chicago Jesus where he is now. Forgive me if I don’t empathize.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

What’s a few deceptions among friends?

Speakup on June 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

..where’s LevinFan when you really need him? The Great One went on a truly masterful riff about this decision being arrived at after a series of things Obama and The Diesel D|ke did over the past year or so.

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

At Stage Red..

You can’t miss…

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Meanwhile……we revisit…… 2010!!
______________________________________

For Immediate Release
June 21, 2010

Senators Question Possible Administration Plans to Defer Action on Millions of Illegal Aliens

WASHINGTON – Several U.S. senators today questioned possible plans by the administration to unilaterally extend either deferred action or parole to millions of illegal immigrants in the United States. Senator Chuck Grassley was joined by Senators Orrin Hatch of Utah, Jim Bunning of Ky., Saxby Chambliss of Ga., Jim Inhofe of Okla., Johnny Isakson of Ga., Thad Cochran of Miss., and David Vitter of La.

“There’s a lot we can agree on when it comes to dealing with the immigration problems in the United States, but this appears to be amnesty in disguise, and is simply an attempt to circumvent Congress,” Grassley said.

Below is a copy of the text of the letter to President Barack Obama. Here is a copy of the signed letter.
============================================

June 21, 2010

President Barack H. Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear President Obama:

We understand that there’s a push for your Administration to develop a plan to unilaterally extend either deferred action or parole to millions of illegal aliens in the United States. We understand that the Administration may include aliens who have willfully overstayed their visas or filed for benefits knowing that they will not be eligible for a status for years to come. We understand that deferred action and parole are discretionary actions reserved for individual cases that present unusual, emergent or humanitarian circumstances. Deferred action and parole were not intended to be used to confer a status or offer protection to large groups of illegal aliens, even if the agency claims that they look at each case on a “case-by-case” basis.

While we agree our immigration laws need to be fixed, we are deeply concerned about the potential expansion of deferred action or parole for a large illegal alien population. While deferred action and parole are Executive Branch authorities, they should not be used to circumvent Congress’ constitutional authority to legislate immigration policy, particularly as it relates to the illegal population in the United States.

The Administration would be wise to abandon any plans for deferred action or parole for the illegal population. Such a move would further erode the American public’s confidence in the federal government and its commitment to securing the borders and enforcing the laws already on the books.

We would appreciate receiving a commitment that the Administration has no plans to use either authority to change the current position of a large group of illegal aliens already in the United States, and ask that you respond to us about this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Chuck Grassley
Orrin Hatch
Jim Bunning
Saxby Chambliss
Jim Inhofe
Johnny Isakson

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I don’t think illegals are destroying our economy, Washington did that. I just don’t know why we need to take responsibility for them. Did they get a better education here than they could have in Mexico or where ever they are from?

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I heard it. He’s right.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

…that’s a ‘requirement’ to be a liberal…isn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

..Simon!

(Sorry; Today is national talk like a Cholo day. You know like September 19th is NTLAP day.)

The War Planner on June 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

While I understand your point, if we were being invaded by illegal Canadians with no “stake” in our society, I’d damn well be just as ticked-off.

Fact is, Canada doesn’t suck like Mexico (et al.) does. Canada is a legit first-world country, while cesspools like Mexico surprisingly have electricity–well, at least in the cities!

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Dreams of Mein Fuhrer ……

punditbob on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

He promised them a better future, didn’t deliver and now he wants to give what little there is to illegals for political expediency. That cannot escape their notice. Can they young and stupid twice? I sure hope not.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I want mawmaw grizzly!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

…I like what she had to say about the media’s failure to vet JugEars…while they were busy trying to dig up dirt on her in Alaska…they could have at least read JugEar’s book!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hello, Cindy.
Yeah, it’s called enablement. (We have to be the only country in the world with no interest in secure borders.)

It amazes me.

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Dreams of Mein Fuhrer ……

punditbob on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Electrongod on June 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

We should have annexed Mexico in 1848. They’d be rocking as U.S. States now, instead of me hauling automobile components from Tennessee to Laredo and back.

Maquiladoras…

Remember the old saying “if the Japanese lived in Mexico they’d rule the world, if the Mexicans lived in Japan they’d starve” (based on relative natural resources and industriousness of the populace).

Who is John Galt on June 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I can’t wait for the inevitable ‘Hitler discovers Romnney won the election’.

Should be priceless.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Can they young and stupid twice?

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Is the Pope Catholic?

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Obama is a pathelogical liar.

Obama’s grandfather tortured by the British? A fantasy (like most of the President’s own memoir)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161817/Obamas-grandfather-Stanley-Armour-Dunham-tortured-British.html#ixzz1yIeR2qZI

Zcat on June 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

For Immediate Release
June 19, 2012

Senators Question President’s Authority to Issue Immigration Directive

WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley is leading a group of senators in questioning the directive announced last week by President Obama to grant deferred action to illegal immigrants and asking for a full accounting from the President of his legal authority to issue such a directive, how the executive action will be implemented and administered, and the cost to taxpayers.

In a letter sent to the President this afternoon, the senators asked for written responses to a list of detailed questions and a briefing from the administration officials who will be responsible for the program. They described their concerns about President’s circumvention of Congress in issuing the directive and questioned the impact of allowing work authorizations for illegal immigrants at the same time young Americans face record-high unemployment rates.

Grassley’s letter was signed by Senators Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Orrin Hatch of Utah, Mike Crapo of Idaho, James Risch of Idaho, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, Johnny Isakson of Georgia, John Boozman of Arkansas, Jim DeMint of South Carolina, Thad Cochran of Mississippi, Roger Wicker of Mississippi, David Vitter of Louisiana, Mike Johanns of Nebraska, Pat Roberts of Kansas, Mike Lee of Utah, Mike Enzi of Wyoming, Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, James Inhofe of Oklahoma, John Barrasso of Wyoming, and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.

Click here for a signed copy of the letter.

*Letter*
********

June 19 2012

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

MJBrutus on June 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yes and he’s on video promising not to use signing statements. Just one more lie told by the boy king to dupe his adoring masses.

Flora Duh on June 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Dreams of Mein Fuhrer ……

punditbob on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

rofl!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on June 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Quote his damned points so I don’t have to go back & look!

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

These are the same people who always wonder how people can vote for things for the betterment of the nation instead of their own self interests. They should jump at the chance when the two things finally coincide

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Until they do, they have no business discussing anything else.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

…Oh oh!…can one of you trolls please come in!…I think Lanceman is in the mood to play!!!

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

We’ve been out of good ones for quite some time. Plus, I’m fixin’ to go to bed.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I’m sorry, what was your question again, or was it a point?

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

… I think my Spanish got moderated.

Ruh roh.

I’ll never try that again. Homes. :)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I’m sorry, what was your question again, or was it a point?

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I don’t remember when it ain’t quoted.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Rubio is wrong and its shameful to see and hear a Senator advocating coming to this nation illegally. Since he majority of illegal aliens originate in Mexico, let’s take a look at the nation where Rubio insists that people’s children are going to bed hungry.

Mexico is not a third world country. It has the 13th largest GDP and the 11th largest by purchasing power parity in the world. It is considered an upper middle income nation by the World Bank. It is the 1th largest nation in the world. It has a population of 113 million. It has an unemployment level of around 5%. It has a poverty rate of around 18% and falling. If Mexico has a problem with poverty it is that it sends its poor HERE. There is a wage disparity evident in Mexico, with the cities and the northern states enjoying the highest wages, the southern states, with the highest Indian population, suffering the lowest. These disparities will never be addressed or rectified as long as Mexico can export its poor and uneducated to this nation with impunity.

The US has about 8 plus% unemployment, or more, for 41 consecutive months. Estimates are that there are 23 million American citizens and legal immigrants who are either unemployed or underemployed. Our poverty level is at about 15% and rising. We are a nation of about 310 Million people. We accept over 1 million LEGAL IMMIGRANTS per year,about 750,000 legal immigrants and about 250,000 asylum seekers, over 100,000 per month most months. Of these, MOST are from Asia ( which topped Hispanic LEGAL immigration for the first time in 2010), and the Hispanic nations with only about 200,000-250,000 per year representing the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD. (*NOTE: These figures are only for LEGAL IMMIGRATION and DO NOT represent ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION) The PEW CENTER estimates that illegal aliens currently hold 7-8 million full time jobs in the US.

thatsafactjack on June 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I’ll never try that again. Homes. :)

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Nah, that can’t be it. Try it again.

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Good night Lanceman, sleep well.

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Just in case Mr. Treacher is looking in from vacation, sometime this week is or was his birthday. Happy Birthday!

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

farsighted on June 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

He said that on Hannity tonight and since the rest of the quote is pretty much what he said on Hannity as well, I wonder if that first part was left out.

Dark Star on June 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’ve realized that that may have been unclear.

IMO, Canadians don’t have as there default plan: “Get the hell outta Canada.” (And “outta” rhymes with “boat-a”.)

RedCrow on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I noticed that idiot libdieorfree childishly used the aside ‘democracy for sale’ on another thread.

No matter how blue in the face you may get from explaining to that POS that we do not live in a democracy, it always reverts to that mindless claptrap.

That is the state of our young people, Cindy.

It should answer the question.

Lanceman on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Oh,…Lanceman, I’ll just wait til I see you tomorrow, to give you some more bad news.

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Nah, that can’t be it. Try it again.

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Screw up and accidentally say something about AP’s cat, and then suddenly get an unexpected ban-hammered Axe with a shocked-as-hell look on his face. :)

I’ll leave Spanish alone. Use these others.

Axe on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Maybe Rubio is the rabbit, leading the way on how liberal an immigration policy Gov. Romney can get away with. When everyone pig piles on Rubio he’ll know that’s the stopping point.

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Cindy Munford on June 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

In Sociology, no.

In Western Lit, no.

In Teacher’s Ed, no.

In Engineering, Physics, Medicine …, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

minnesoter on June 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Obama won’t deport these two child molesters with his new immigration rule

faraway on June 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

…that reminds me…where has mo lester been lately?…did someone step on that turd too hard?

KOOLAID2 on June 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Dreams of Democrats Dealing with the DeMonsterous Illegal
Immigration Devil,er Demons,er,both!!
(sarc).

canopfor on June 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Pie time! See you in a bit. ; )

Bmore on June 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM