No charges from grand jury for Texas dad who beat daughter’s molester to death

posted at 9:56 pm on June 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

C’mon. Navel-gazing about the fine line between self-defense and voluntary manslaughter is fun, but was there ever really any doubt?

Flores was killed June 9 on a family ranch so remote that the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn’t locate the property.

“Come on! This guy is going to die on me!” the father yells. “I don’t know what to do!”…

The tense, nearly five-minute 911 call begins with the father saying that he “beat up” a man found raping his daughter. The father grows increasingly frazzled, cursing and crying into the phone so loudly at times that the call often becomes inaudible.

At one point tells the dispatcher he’s going to put the man in his truck and drive him to a hospital before sheriff’s deputies finally arrive.

“He’s going to die!” the father screams. “He’s going to (expletive) die!”

Follow the link for background, including the fact that the molester was seen carrying the little girl off and ended up with his pants and underwear around his ankles, just in case you were wondering how bad his abuse of her got. The father’s also apparently highly regarded by those who know him, as you’re about to see in the clip, so there would have been plenty of character witnesses on his behalf at trial. The only hope the prosecution had of an indictment was some sort of evidence, forensic or otherwise, that the father had beaten the guy vindictively after he was powerless to resist, which would have blurred the line on self-defense. Instead, the 911 call suggested the opposite — that dad was genuinely horrified that he had killed the guy, notwithstanding what he had done to his daughter. It’s said of grand juries that they’ll indict a ham sandwich if the prosecution asks them to. Not only couldn’t the D.A. meet that standard here, I don’t think they were even close.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I noticed LibFree crapped and left.
CW on June 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

That’s pretty much their job description.
Soros don’t pay by the word.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I noticed LibFree crapped and left.

CW on June 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

By 11pm the deep fryers have to be drained.

slickwillie2001 on June 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Worth another look.

mankai on June 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Not many bloggers can write an entire story in one short sentence, but here it is. Give it up for Allah.

Jaibones on June 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The DA seems disappointed.

rayra on June 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

As it should be. And literally everyone should raise a Shiner Bock to this man for doing what needed to be done.

stvnscott on June 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I understand your sentiment, would have done much the same if I was the father and am very happy the grand jury did not indict the father but …

… as someone who grew up inculcated in violence, please understand the father is likely to spend the rest of his life trying to overcome the emotional conflicts this situation will cause.

It is never a good thing to have to kill another human being.

It may be unavoidable.
It may be necessary.
It may be the right thing.

But it is never a good thing and I solemnly assure you the last thing this father would want anyone to do is to toast him for having taken this POS’s life.

PolAgnostic on June 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Libfree stands up for the child molester.

Hmmm birds of a ….ah forget it.

CW on June 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

If I were a liberal or leftist, I would be seriously embarrassed by that clown.

Since I am not, I am proud to say to any liberal or leftist visiting this site “Gosh, I am glad that he/she/it is YOURS!!!”

The conservatives here stand up for the four year old, and the house liberal stands up for the molester. Ya gotta love it.

SubmarineDoc on June 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

How many lives would be different today if Mike McQueary had the spine to take out Jerry Sandusky when he witnessed Sandusky in the shower with a boy? Damn shame Penn State is not in Texas.

JP Mewley on June 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Pedophiles cannot be rehabbed, but I hear they burn well.

AllahsNippleHair on June 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

And these people have the nerve to call the Obama administration “lawless.” This is what happens to a culture raised on Law and Order.

libfreeordie on June 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

not sure what you saw as ‘lawless’ here. Looks like a few tokes too many there sparky.

Fighton03 on June 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Go do something anatomically difficult to yourself.

Dunedainn on June 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

…just caught that…LOL!

KOOLAID2 on June 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I noticed LibFree crapped and left.
CW on June 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

well he is full of it.

Fighton03 on June 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

This story epitomizes why Texas is really a special place. They take care of their own there, they have a code of honor. Not many states have a provision for deadly force to prevent or stop a rape.

The grand jury, with their no bill, saved this man a fortune.

I hope the little girl recovers from this incident and her father puts it behind him. The community sounds like they have given this young family their full support.

karenhasfreedom on June 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dying is easy. Killing is hard.

Mutnodjmet on June 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM

As a dad, I have to say, I always swore I’d do exactly that if I walked in some one abusing one of my kids. I am so sad for the girl, the family, the father.. the whole thing is absolutely awful. But, I am proud that the grandjury looked at the facts and came to the sane conclusion.

WashingtonsWake on June 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Best wishes to the father and daughter healing from their ordeal.
Thank God and the good people of Texas for wisdom and common sense.

Kenosha Kid on June 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I don’t think this is over yet. I have full faith and confidence that DOJ will drop on this guy like an anvil due to his obvious “violation,” of Flores’ “Civil Rights.”

I hope like hell that I’m wrong…

DrScottMD on June 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

^^^^ that. Until you have taken a life please do not talk nonchalant.

uddercha0s on June 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM

‘white hispanic’
Took several weeks to work up the fraud in the Zimmerman case. Give MALDEF and La Raza a few more weeks. Expecially with Holder’s contempt citation vote in the works, the Dept of Social Justice will be on the scene soon.

rayra on June 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM

It’s obviously racism on that 911 call. He would put him in his “truck” but not his car. Sharptonbc needs to be alerted!

My call would be similar. Hey, umm 911. This guy was doing some bad stuff. And he’s choking on my axe. 911 response. Is he white or in a Union?

Gedge on June 20, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Thank goodness the majority in Texas can still think for themselves having not yet accuired a tast for Democrat drool.

aposematic on June 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Thank goodness the majority in Texas can still think for themselves having not yet accuired a taste for Democrat drool.

aposematic on June 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM

libfreeordie on June 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? You must eat, sleep, and drink ‘OBAMA’, becausse you inject his name into almost every conversation.

And please explain what is wrong with law and order. It’s certainly preferrable to chaos and anarachy.

You are starting to come across as a certifiable loon.

zoyclem on June 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Gedge on June 20, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Um…. Who in rural Texas drives a car?

Everytime I go to Dallas, when I hit the road behind the wheel of my rental car and see nothing but the hubcaps on massive pick-ups.

But, seriously, this case had to go to a Grand Jury if for no other reason to thwart the barons of the race industry making the claim that there was a racial/ethnic undertone to this case. Not that I think Jackson or Sharpton would stage a march because this does not involve a black person nor is the area particularly pleasant in the summer heat. Nevertheless, it would not stop them from likening this case to that of James Byrd or the Jena Six. These people don’t waste any opportunity to demonize white Southerners.

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Thank God in heaven. Now the family can get on with the healing without having to worry about criminal charges.

God bless that little girl, and surround her with His mercy.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I wonder if we’ll hear that the Grand Jury acted stupidly.

MikeA on June 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I think it’s time for a speech from jug ears.

it’s been at least 8 hours since his last pontification to the huddled masses.

It’s also about time for the lib like libfreeordie to lecture us
how having sex with a 4 year old is his god given right and anyone that beats him to death because of it is some kind of animal or something. The world revolves around his type.

acyl72 on June 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM

There was no doubt charges would be filed in this case, but in the justice system today doubts are still natural. I now pray that the little girl and her family can survive the aftermath of this horror and regain some semblance of a normal life.

insidiator on June 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I wonder if we’ll hear that the Grand Jury acted stupidly.

MikeA on June 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

The contemptible Eric Holder and the Department of Social Justice will get involved. As the designated DNC troll libfree demonstrates, child rapists, especially if they are of the Holy Mexican Immigrant class (as long as they aren’t “white” Hispanics picking on Holder’s people) are a protected Democrat Party constituency.

I hope it doesn’t happen, but you know it will.

We can’t have people thinking they can just, kill child rapists they drag off their 5 year old daughters after all. They’ll bring in Andrea Corey as a special prosecutor, since none of the ones from Texas can be trusted.

wildcat72 on June 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Fodder for the zombies.

cozmo on June 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Rule number 1. Cardio.

hawkdriver on June 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Was channel flipping yesterday and stopped ever so briefly on CNN and the chick they had on was taking calls about this case. Now the call I heard, and the chick, was definitely all for the dad, but they didn’t understand why it had to go before a grand jury. One more fail by the left. The DA HAS to put the case before a grand jury since a person, even a scumbag, died at the hands of another.

TQM38a on June 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM

To paraphrase Decaprio’s line in the movie Blood Diamond;

“This is Texas”

It is what it is. Texas justice, fast and furious.

If the DOJ, La Raza, Lulac, whomever want to weigh in on this then they’ll prove their tone-deafness to the nation as a whole.

catalan on June 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM

To paraphrase Decaprio’s line in the movie Blood Diamond;

“This is Texas”

It is what it is. Texas justice, fast and furious.

catalan on June 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM

insidiator on June 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

The case went to a grand jury which declined to file charges. It is a minor point but more than one racially tinged story has turned on such inaccuracies. Those who claim Trayvon Martin was some kind of a martyr cite all sorts of “facts” that have long ago been proven to be wrong if not outright lies by Martin’s parents that would have you believe the tatted-up street thug that was killed was an innocent looking twelve-year-old.

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

This call to 911 tells the whole story as the article says.

SC.Charlie on June 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

So did Zimmerman’s call to 911. It told the whole story. However, NBC and the media cut and pasted it, lied about it,to formed national lynch mob of all the librul puppet masters.

Old Country Boy on June 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

libfreeordie on June 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I hope you don’t have any children.

Parenting tip: if you find someone raping your daughter the proper response is to do whatever it takes to stop the rape and subdue the rapist. THEN call the cops.

gwelf on June 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

A tragic happenstance for all ………..and the ONLY right outcome.

One less child for BACA to protect in a courtroom………….one less pedophile for Texas to feed for life……….

Katfish on June 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Libfreeordie must be one of those Moron.org astroturfers on the Soros payroll, paid to sit in his mom’s basement and gin up support for the lawless marxist precedent in the white house.

It is fun to watch everyone ridicule him. Now that’s entertainment.

Kudos to the grand jury on this. Some folks just need killin and this child molester will never molest again thanks to that fine father and Texan.

I bet his family is glad he got beat to death as there are probably members of it that he molested as well.

Robert Jensen on June 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I kind of like The Game of Thrones thing where you cut their head off and stick on a spike as a warning to those who might be thinking about doing the same thing.

eyedoc on June 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

it’s impossible to calculate how many children have been saved from being raped by this thug. trying to force itself on a 5 year old child! and he carried her off- that’s technically called kidnapping.

there’s no place in society for it. sex offenders of this sort are never, ever rehabilitated into law abiding non-child raping citizens( or “undocumented citizens” who are “americans in their hearts”.). and the cost of trials and the puny sentences handed down particularly for those who ‘ molest’ children… formal justice is in generally incredibly slow for victims. it just came around lightening fast for once.

really, the father deserves a medal and letter of thanks from the tax payers . the money that would have been spent to try and then house It should be spent on therapy for the child and perhaps for the dad too. they’ve both experienced extreme trauma and they deserve help in trying to heal.

mittens on June 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Happy Nomad on June 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

While we’re on the subject of Trayvon Martin, there’s reason to believe that the Arizona Iced Tea and Skittles he had in his possession at the time of his death were intended to make “lean,” which is a street drug derived from cough medicine. And might I also remind the screechers out there that Zimmerman does not have to prove his own innocence.

gryphon202 on June 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I am happy to see this ended as expected. But if this occurred in Dallas or Harris counties, I don’t think the results would be the same.

Zaire67 on June 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

The real question is why the DA’s office was even looking to bring charges against this guy.

aigle on June 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

This is why we have trial by jury.

Hopefully his family can go live in peace now.

MelonCollie on June 20, 2012 at 10:08 AM

aigle on June 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

just one fellow Texan’s dos centavos………I bet the DA was merely “going through the motions” with CYA (aka cover Yo a$$) from the FEDS in mind…………which seems like a smart move from this desk

Katfish on June 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

aigle on June 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Legal formality. At the risk of sounding offensive, I think this is what the system MUST do (bring charges b/c someone was killed)…but it’s also the job of any jury with more IQ than a houseplant to say “no charges”.

MelonCollie on June 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Katfish on June 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

^ VERY good point. The liberals are going to be screeching to high heaven, and some butt-covering is definitely in order.

MelonCollie on June 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Any word by President Obama that the rapist could have been his son just like Travon Martin?

mechkiller_k on June 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Going to a grand jury was the right thing to do – pretty much a necessity these days to avoid political decision or trial by LSM – as with Zimmerman. Glad they did the right thing – and I hope the Feds stay out of it.
I have to admit though – this guy is a better man than me. If I caught a creep like that with my kid – there would have been NO concern whatsoever in my voice about saving the SOB’s life when I called 911 to have the body hauled away.

dentarthurdent on June 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Happy endings make me smile…

Kuffar on June 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

It would be a waste of the time of anyone wanting the father to be tried for killing the child-raper to talk to me. For me, my first responsibility is to take care of my family. I’m willing to kill anyone who attacks us.

dahni on June 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Common sense. There is a reason a lot of people are moving to Texas. Oh, and the jobs too.

AllahsNippleHair on June 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Tell me about it. You wouldn’t believe the amount of out of state license plates you see on the way to work. I get nervous when I see California or yankee license plates. We don’t need no stinkin’ liberals here. That’s why we have Austin.

TxAnn56 on June 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Rusty Bill in San Antonio

Rusty Bill on June 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

libfreeordie on June 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Lawless? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? There’s an expectation that one must have proof of a crime before bringing a case to trial. With this 911 call, we have clear proof that he didn’t intend to kill the man. This means at best, he protected his daughter, which is not a crime, and at worst he was so blinded by rage or fear for his daughter that he couldn’t distinguish the line between defense and assault. And somehow you expect a jury to be able to find the line?

Without significant evidence that the man is lying, there is no evidence that a crime occurred.

Also, who are “these people” in this case? You think we’re all the same if we come from Texas? It’s nice to be reminded that liberals are all about projection the next time someone accuses me of being a racist over a political disagreement.

Esthier on June 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM

PolAgnostic on June 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Maybe so, but might I counter that I would raise a glass of our fine beer to his defense of his daughter. I think the whole point of this is that it’s not about the POS but about that family and his love for his daughter.

No matter how badly this might scar her, she’ll always carry with this memory the picture of her father coming to her rescue when she needed him the most. That’s what should be celebrated.

Esthier on June 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I feel for the father. It’s one thing to recognize the child molester richly deserved to die. It’s another thing entirely to realize that you were the one who killed him.

A prosecution on top of that would have been a horrible insult.

I hope he can take comfort from knowing that the death was unintentional, and remembering that the man’s death was ultimately on his own head for molesting children.

Besides, if it hadn’t worked out this way, how many more children would this man have molested?

The father probably saved a lot of children through his actions. That may be a bigger comfort to him than anything else.

tom on June 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM

TxAnn56 on June 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

For the most part, the truly lib yankees would be afraid of moving to a state like Texas. You may get some by way of the military though (not all military people are conservative).
More likely it’s the conservatives from those lib states who can’t handle their idiot policies any more and are trying find a sane place to live. So in most cases, the only problem you should have is getting used to the funny way they talk….

dentarthurdent on June 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I love my Texas!

neyney on June 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

After libefreeordie’s ringing defense of child rapists we will hopefully never have to read anyone here describe libfreeordie as some sort of principled liberal or “good” troll.

MidniteRambler on June 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I love my Texas!

neyney on June 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Some of my long term neighbors just moved down there last year (from Colorado). If the Denver/Boulder and transplant Kalifornicator Dems keep taking Colorado down their path of destruction, I may head that way too.

dentarthurdent on June 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM

My son graduated from Baylor in Waco. Nice place, Texas.

Mojave Mark on June 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Zaire67 on June 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Well, Joe Horn got off.

kg598301 on June 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It’s guaranteed of Muslim grand juries that they would indict, convict and then stone to death a ham sandwich. And then they’d burn a few Bibles just to make sure.

CatchAll on June 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM

“It’s said of grand juries that they’ll indict a ham sandwich if the prosecution asks them to.” A generic ham sandwich yeah, a ham sandwich that choked the life out of a child rapist, not a shot in hell of getting a bill on that in Texas.

Judge Dredd on June 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

MelonCollie on June 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Actually it protects the father as well. Much harder for the plaintiff’s bar to push a wrongful death suit if a grand jury has no-billed a case.

Nathan_OH on June 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM