Media pretty excited about Romney talking up Wawa subs or something; Update: Deceptive editing

posted at 4:41 pm on June 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via the Corner, this is what happens when the big political story on tap for today — a Syriza win in Greece followed by a global market meltdown over the break-up of the eurozone — gets canceled at the last minute, leaving the press to scramble for “news.” Here’s Andrea Mitchell straining to turn this into Mitt’s very own “supermarket scanner” moment, which (as the Corner notes) was a bogus hit on Bush 41 but served the Democratic narrative that Republicans are always and forever “out of touch.” Same here: Romney was taken with the novelty of ordering his sub via touchscreen, mentioned it as part of the wearisome “common ground” small talk that all pols have to engage in when they’re on the trail to warm up the crowd, and now it’s an honest-to-goodness talking point of Obama’s dumb campaign spokesflacks. Second look at a Syriza recount?

I’ve never been to either Wawa or Sheetz and am wholly uninterested in the inevitable Twitter debate over which is better, but I’ll share my own experience with food-service technology that’s completely banal yet also inexplicably captivating. When I was a kid, just a few years before it closed, my dad took me to Horn & Hardart to experience the old-school automat in all its glory. Hundreds of little glass windows with sandwiches or slices of pie on the other side, each coin-operated. It was basically a room-sized vending machine with a team of cooks on the other side of the wall sliding goodies into place as they made them. Even a kid could understand that there’s nothing impressive about that concept — on the contrary, lord knows how long some of those sandwiches were sitting there — but seeing that cornucopia laid out before you and knowing that you could have any of it instantly made it downright amazing. That’s what Romney’s feeling with the touchscreen, I think — instant gratification in placing his order, without the need to even articulate his thought. Goofy, yet endearing.

Update: Go read Sooper Mexican to see what this video looked like before MSNBC’s editors got to it. When Romney says “amazing,” he’s not talking about how gee-whiz cool the touchscreens are at Wawa, he’s remarking upon the contrast between the efficiency of those screens and a 33-page government change-of-address form. Good work, MSNBC.

Here’s the full clip via SM. The bit about Wawa versus the change of address comes in the second half.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Haha. In October, we’re going to look back longingly at substantive stories like this.

Kataklysmic on June 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Lamestream media FAIL.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Never been to a Wawa. Sheetz is great when you’re drunk and nothing else is open besides a few fast-food grease joints like White Castle.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I guess the October surprise came a few months early this time.

stldave on June 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I have never heard of Wawa or ordered a meal by touchscreen. I guess I’m an elitist.

Mark1971 on June 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

We have 7-11. Used to have Time Saver. Love icee’s.

rubberneck on June 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

If Romney is at a Wawa, he must be in either Pennsylvania, Delaware, or Maryland.

Or has Wawa spread their tentacles beyond my tri-state area?

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Important!

Abby Adams on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Who shives a git?

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I remember Horn and Hardart. Never been to a Sheetz. Robert Byrd must have loved the place.

JammieWearingFool on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

The only people out of touch are the liberals. Fire them all!

AubieJon on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

How many WaWa’s have you been to Andrea?

Buy Danish on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

The most encouraging thing about this election is the nature of the attacks on Romney: a 30+ year ago dog ride, a 50+ years ago school hazing incident, being successful at capitalism, not being familiar with touch-screen food ordering. If this is what they have on him, he’s golden, baby.

I have never placed an order for food on a touch-screen, although I’ve seen waiters do it. But then, I don’t order much food at gas stations, so I may be out of touch too.

Adjoran on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

They edited the hell out of that video. Romney was making the point of how inefficient the Federal Government is as to a private sector business like Wawa is… The MSM truly is lame.

Pqlyur1 on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I hate those Wawa touch screens! I always make the counter girl come out front and I tell her what I want and she does it all for me. I mean, I only eat there once a month or less, and I just can’t get the hang of it.

So I guess neither Romney or Akzed should be president.

Akzed on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

A great Wawa is one of the most awesome things on earth. Their coffee rocks.

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Yeah, it’s completely stupid. And yet somebody felt the need to highlight it. Typical. Chihuahua.

cicerone on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Oh goodness, how out of touch am I? What the heck is a Wawa?

jaymil on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I, for one, can attest to the fact that

1) I’ve never been to Wawas (whatever that is)
2) I’ve never ordered a sandwich from this touchscreen he’s describing

I guess that makes me out of touch as well. Sigh…

swenocha on June 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I can’t see the clip. What’s this all about? Mittens being impressed by a touchscreen being used to order a sammich? This is a story? Unlike supermarket scanners(yes, I know the Bush 41 story is BS, but indulge me), touchscreens in sammich shops aren’t that common. Come to think of it, I’ve only seen them at Buc-ee’s down here in Texas and those places aren’t exactly common to begin with.

If this is all the Democrat-media complex has got, we’re looking at 35-40 states for Romney easily.

Doughboy on June 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

…And a bad Wawa is a huge buzzkill letdown.

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Actually, Sheet’s sandwiches are boss and they have an awesome treat in the refrigerated department called “Death by Chocolate”.

Ask for it by name.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Meh, internet food delivery isn’t much different. No need to pick up the phone and order a sub anymore. I got Jimmy John’s delivered to my office from an internet order today. There’s just something about firing off an order into my “window to the world” and getting a sub literally minutes later.

Lovin’ the technology. Just because it might be novel to Romney doesn’t mean we can’t still marvel at the convenience of it all. I think that’s what he was doing. It’s a “neat” new thing that he wasn’t blaise about. Everyone knows the cool kids aren’t suppose to be openly impressed with tech stuff.

Meric1837 on June 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

A great Wawa is one of the most awesome things on earth. Their coffee rocks.

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

…And a bad Wawa is a huge buzzkill letdown.

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

No such thing as a bad Wawa.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

OT: Roger Clemens Not Guilty

faraway on June 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

“ATM machines and Touchscreens at Wawas are killing jobs in this country. That’s why its hard to make a dent in the unemployment rate.”

-Obama.

cd98 on June 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I’m guessing there are very few voters who have been to a Wawa or seen their kind of touch-screen ordering. It’s new even for Wawa, and a lot of us are still getting used to it. Nothing like the Bush thing where many voters were already very familiar with the suprmarket scanners (aside from the fact that it was a bogus story).

And as been said earlier, the video has been selectively edited. Romney wasn’t just gee-whiz marveling at the technology, he was using it as an example of private-sector innovation that comes from competition in a free market.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

No selections for “Poochie” on the touchscreen?

/ain’t stoppin there….

-bho

ted c on June 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Wawa or Sheetz

Never heard of it.

Is this an eastcoast thing?

portlandon on June 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Let’s not get all Waawaa’d up over this.

faraway on June 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Link to full unedited video:

“And then I was at a WAWAs and ordered a sandwich… you have a touchtone keypad, and you touch that, touch this, go pay the cashier, there’s your sandwich. It’s amazing!

Here’s the part Andrea left out:

“People in the private sector have learned to compete and it’s time to bring some competition to the Federal Government and to get it smaller, and have them respond to the customers, which are YOU!!”

Flora Duh on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Also, let’s not forget about John Kerry ordering a cheesteak with Swiss. Now THAT was a Philly gaffe! :-)

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Dems are in trouble if this is all they have.

The Notorious G.O.P on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh goodness, how out of touch am I? What the heck is a Wawa?

jaymil on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

A chain of convenience stores, slightly more upscale than 7-11, since they have a deli and some pretty good food. Good coffee too.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

…and what did Andrea Mitchell have to say about JugEars discovering the banking ATM machines… 20 years later?

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

@SooperMexican on Twitter has shown the story is an edited lie by the media:

Dark Star on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Yet Obama can have the best chefs in the world make him anything at anytime, especially after one of his 100 rounds of golf, or his hundreds of times playing basketball, or one of his nearly 100 campaign fundraising trips and nobody says a word about being out of touch.

At least Romney paid when he was finished with his meal unlike Obama the other day.

cat-scratch on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

As a West Coaster that has been to the East Coast, I love WaWa!!

And if you have not been to the East Coast. Its like a mix between an Am/Pm crossed with a circle K but neither, and if you dont know what those are I have never been to the place you live.

boogaleesnots on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Love icee’s.

rubberneck on June 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Far and away, and beyond any shadow of doubt, the most awesome beverage known to mankind.

CurtZHP on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Sheetz ain’t got sheet on Wawa!!!

keepinitreal on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Mark1971

This. I’m stuck with Jimmy John’s and Subway. No touchy screeny there. The only place I could use one to order is a salad bar. I bet alot of people are like us so they’re staring at skeleto….andrea mitchell and going “Huh?”.

Zaggs on June 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Never heard of it.

Is this an eastcoast thing?

portlandon on June 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

PA/NJ/DE thing. It’s our better version of 7/11, only with a service deli that makes sandwiches to order. Also they make the best diet green tea on the planet.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

No such thing as a bad Wawa.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I guess I should clarify. A “bad” Wawa is dirty, has a bad selection of food and the coffee is not refilled in a timely fashion. I have lived by a great Wawa and I have lived by a “bad” Wawa. I missed the great Wawa after I moved, big time. The great Wawa was spotless, always being cleaned, and so busy that the coffee and food selections were always fresh. Maybe that helps.

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

You make him sound like the Frankenstein monster just escaped out of the lab. Face it, Romney’s awkward. This sort of thing isn’t his bag.

ddrintn on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Wawa or Sheetz

Never heard of it.

Is this an eastcoast thing?

portlandon on June 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I think Sheetz are largely a midwest thing.

Wawa started in southeastern PA (I think) and have spread across PA, DE, and MD (as well as some other states). But yeah, it’s a mid-Atlantic thing.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

And you don’t have to talk with an Indian accent to place your order.

/biden

CurtZHP on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Does the touch screen scream out ‘waddyahave?’

faraway on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

@SooperMexican on Twitter has shown the story is an edited lie by the media:

Dark Star on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

So not only is the media hyping up a trivial episode on the campaign trail, it never even happened in the first place. And go figure, NBC News who (in)famously edited George Zimmerman to sound like a racist is smack dab in the middle of this.

Why do they still think they can get away with this crap?

Doughboy on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Also they make the best diet green tea on the planet.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Turkey Hill, baby…..

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

And that’s another reason this story’s stupid, because 90% of the country will be saying “What’s Wawa?” and not paying attention to Mitt being dazzled.

Waggoner on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

+$16 Trillion dollars in debt…

… the Senate hasn’t passed a budget in over three years, the world economy could collapse again at any moment, and Andrea Mitchell once again displays the differences between reporters and bloggers.

Thanks Andrea…

Seven Percent Solution on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

No Wawas in TX, but DFW has QT, and the soda fountain there is pretty low-tech…

Now, if QT would only come to Austin…*sigh*

Sekhmet on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

As a West Coaster that has been to the East Coast, I love WaWa!!

boogaleesnots on June 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Haha, I’ve been to all of those. Wawa is better! It is very customer-friendly. Most stores are large with a big selection of very good ready-made food as well as a service deli. Some have gas stations too and it is the cheapest gas.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Maybe this is the Obama campaign’s attempt to shore up PA!

Waggoner on June 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Does the touch screen scream out ‘waddyahave?’

faraway on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

LOL :-)

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Wawa is what I asked my mom for when I was I thirsty when I was a little kid.

I gather now that it is also some sort of chain restaurant with an automated touch screen ordering system?

On a related note, I should now be a paid employee of Wendy’s after my last visit there. They had a touch screen fountain drink station and I had to get up at least 5 times to assist some elderly folks with dispensing their beverage. I have to admit though, the first time I used one it took me a few seconds to figure it out myself.

Sigh, I am from Nebraska though so I know not of Wawa. Speaking of elitists, if I admitted that on a liberal blog I would be lambasted for being a backwoods redneck.

weaselyone on June 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Waggoner on June 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

This.

Nobody knows what “WaWa is.

tetriskid on June 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Speaking of instant gratification: 3 years ago I used the touch-screen thingy on my remote to block MSNBC.

TN Mom on June 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I think they have them in New Jersey too.

Used to occasionally stop at a WaWa on my way back from Atlantic City.

They’re little convenience stores, sort of like 7-11′s (but back then, they didn’t have automated sandwich machines).

AZCoyote on June 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Went to see the unedited version. The LSM is truely shameless.

WisRich on June 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Media pretty excited about Romney talking up Wawa subs or something

Perhaps the media would have cut Governor Romney some slack if he was more presidential and was placing an order for roast dog or cocaine from the touch screen.

MessesWithTexas on June 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Philly on June 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I was just tweaking ya. :-) I’ve been in “good” and “bad” (as you describe them) places of just about every chain out there.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

AZCoyote on June 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Most of them are also gas stations, like Sheetz.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Touch screen food ordering?

What an awful idea. It’s bad enough you have to practically check yourself in at airports, now you have to type in your food orders?

Foreward?

CorporatePiggy on June 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I’ve never been to Wawas and I’ve never ordered a sandwich from a touchscreen.

He’s just like ME.

I think I’ll vote for him!

Bobbertsan on June 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

The alternative media won’t let Mitchell get away with this. This is a perfect example of the legacy Democratic media machine. They could get away with this with Bush 41. It was so easy and they probably gave each other pats on the back over it.

Not in today’s world. All this really shows is that Mitchell is the one out of touch.

WisRich on June 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Thy’re actually BIG convenience stores now. They tend to generate neighborhood opposition when they open a new store because of the size and the traffic they generate.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Went to see the unedited version. The LSM is truely shameless.

WisRich on June 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

They spliced it together.

tetriskid on June 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I’ve never seen a self-serve touchscreen in a sub shop — it sounds pretty cool to me. (Especially since it’s so stressful to explain to the Subway people what I want, LOL.) If that makes me a 1%-er, so be it.

KS Rex on June 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Most of them are also gas stations, like Sheetz.

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Yep, whenever I stopped at one, it was usually to get gas (and a coke).

Today is probably the first time in 20 years I’ve heard somebody say WaWa. (Takes me back . . . sniff).

The MSM is really desperate for a story today.

AZCoyote on June 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

TN Mom on June 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

They were one of the first channels blocked when I set up my “favorites” on Dish. Dish, I am forever indebted.

msupertas on June 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Touch screen food ordering?

Foreward?

CorporatePiggy on June 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Good point. I’m not a fan, but I like Wawa enough that I put up with it. People are getting too used to self-service, but if it means low prices, people generally accept it. Wawa sandwiches are cheap, usually less than Subway and way less than a neighborhood deli.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Wawa is PA (mostly SE)/NJ/DE/MD and Virginia Beach.
Wawa’s HQ is in Delaware County in the village of Wawa (about 15 miles SW of Philly).
Sheetz covers most of the rest of PA and is also in VA,WV,OH,MD and NC. It’s based in Altoona. The nearest Sheetz to Philly is in Morgantown (southeast PA is dominated by Wawa).
Personally, I prefer Sheetz’s prices to Wawa’s, esp. on gas. Wawas have delis where you can buy lunch meats, cheeses, etc.; Sheetz stores strictly make sandwiches, etc.
For convenience stores, though, Turkey Hill’s got the best iced tea and ice cream of the three.

either orr on June 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

In Philly, it’s a hoagie. Not a sub.

wte9 on June 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Or has Wawa spread their tentacles beyond my tri-state area?

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

There’s been a Wawa convenience store in New Haven, CT, for at least 30 years, maybe more. I know of one, there are probably others.

joejm65 on June 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Buckee’s is so cutting edge. I’ve gone through six iterations of breakfast tacos so far…125 to go. And Beaver Nuts!

DanMan on June 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

This so-called “media” that we have is a piss-poor excuse for reportage.

I went to a Wawa and ordered lunch on the touchscreen once – it was novel, if annoying. I don’t need to have everything turned into a technological experience.

Let it be said that Wawa coffee is awesome. Wasting money and calories at Starbuck’s is downright silly. If you spend $4 every working day at Starbuck’s (or anywhere, for that matter) it comes to $1000/year. You can save more that half that amount by enjoying Wawa.

disa on June 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

They can roll their eyes all they want, I have never heard of Wawas…or a touch screen for ordering sandwiches…I will say this, Romney is not as pretentious or obnoxious as those reporters.

Terrye on June 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

There’s a Wawa in Fredericksburg VA

disa on June 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Andrea try’n to Out do Her Obama at Ray’s Hell Burger Moment

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

She must be One important Journalist…. Huh

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

roflmao

donabernathy on June 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

UltimateBob on June 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

They’ve really grown since they were founded in 1975 by BaBa WaWa.

KS Rex on June 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I recently came across one of those touch pad coke machines where you could add vanilla, lime, cherry etc to you choice of drink. I was like a kid. My children rolled their eyes.

bluealice on June 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM

IT’S A FAKE!!! MSNBC caught redhanded taking clip out of context.

Romney knew exactly what he was talking about. The “amazing” comment was about how amazing the contrast was between the private sector and the public sector under Obama.

MrX on June 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM

KS Rex on June 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

It’s pretty cool. You can chosse your bread, your meat (or veggie), toppings, hot or cold, and you can add a soup or a snack. The best thing about it is that they have 3 or 4 of the kiosks at the deli counter, so even when it is very crowded you don’t have to wait long. It spits out a ticket with a bar code, you take the ticket to the cashier and pay, and usually by the time you go back to the deli counter your sandwich is ready. Very efficient, and it allows unlimited combinations without having to post a huge menu. Daily and monthly specials are programmed in to the kiosks too.

I’m not familiar with any other chain that has this technology, so I can’t see how Romney being delighted by it is a huge deal.

rockmom on June 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I first used a touch screen to order at Taco Bell in 1995 here in CA.

Am I to understand these things are just making it to the east coast?

It really is primitive back there isn’t it?

Nessuno on June 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” the senator said. “I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff.”

The state of Iowa, for all of its vast food production, does not have a Whole Foods, a leading natural and organic foods market. The closest? Omaha, Minneapolis or Kansas City.

gumble on June 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

IT’S A FAKE!!! MSNBC caught redhanded taking clip out of context.

MrX on June 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yeah. They did some pretty bad editing.

tetriskid on June 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

After viewing a vid of the touchscreen, it occurred to me that several of the Mapco locations here in TN have similar touchscreens for their deli/sandwich shops (even out at the gas pumps). So I guess I’m not so out of touch… ;)

The more important point is that the vid Mitchell/MSNBC plays pauses every two seconds with cuts and edits. Which, of course, made me seek out the full, unedited version. Which, of course, confirmed that they edited the snot out of the speech and took these comments way out of context (as many others have reported as well). Shocking…

swenocha on June 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Adjoran on June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Wawa is like a sweet mini deli – you can order cheeses and coldcuts by the pound, too, just like the grocery store deli counters. They make the sandwiches fresh but you can also buy them premade in plastic wrap. Still delicious, since they’re made fresh daily.

disa on June 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Sheetz has similar technology to Wawa.

either orr on June 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Wawa is a place to get gas (for your car) and food in the People’s Republic of Maryland and some purple states, like Pensylvania and Virginia.

I would agree with Romney that it is interesting seeing all the choices. This is actually not bad for relating to the crowd when Mitt needed to talk on the stump.

Let Team 0bama run with this nonsense as an attack while they note improvement in the cost of arugula.

WhatNot on June 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Mitt`s all enamored over the touch screen thingy but I have not heard him comment on Wawa`s coffee…it really is outstanding, better than Sev`s.

NY Conservative on June 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Order food by touchscreen? Never seen, first I’ve heard of… Obama was right, computers are taking our jobs!

El_Terrible on June 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Read through this whole thread, wasn’t going to say anything, but then I watched the clip. I can never believe how unappealing elitists are….why do the cable channels employ them? Gov. Romney is like a breath of fresh air. To me he represents (among other things) freedom from these hacks….

Paddington on June 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Never been to either joint but wondering….

Is DOG on the menu?

I’d love a cartoon (if I could actually draw a cartoon) of Prez Obama before a Wawa screen, pondering the choices;

Poodle
Pomeranian
Shih Tzu
Pit Bull (with or without lipstick)

Priceless.

IndieDogg on June 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Desperation looks pathetic.

tru2tx on June 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

ddrintn on June 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Maybe you should get a job at msnbc, you would fit right in.

Terrye on June 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I’ll bet $10,000 of Romney’s money that Andrea Dipshit has never been to either one of a WaWa or a Sheetz, and has never ordered a sandwich at a touchscreen. Heck, I’d bet more of Romney’s money she doesn’t know what a “hoagie” is.

Stories like this just smell of MSM desperation. It’s only a matter of time before they interview Romney’s cleaning lady and find out Ann is a stern taskmaster. Or maybe they’ll discover that Romney’s kids delivered newspapers late a couple of times on their paper routes. Maybe their plumber will write a tell-all about how he couldn’t get a disputed bill paid. All the delicious scrambling of a NYT/WaPo axis gone crazy…

Losers.

MTF on June 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

MSNBC selectively edits video to make Romney look out of touch.

Makes me wonder how the whole Bush scanner “gaffe” would have gone down if we had YouTube and the blogosphere back then.

PerceptorII on June 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

First ATMs, and now Touchscreens!! Yeeeeeiiiiiiii!!!!

faraway on June 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM