Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney is refusing to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama’s new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

The Republican presidential candidate tells CBS” ”Face the Nation” that if he’s president, Obama’s executive order “would be overtaken by events … by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution.”

Romney was asked three times in the interview if he would overturn Obama’s order, but he didn’t directly answer the question…

The candidate’s comments represent a further softening of his rhetoric on immigration since the GOP primary campaign ended.

***

Rick Santorum on Sunday gave a lukewarm defense of Mitt Romney’s response to the White House policy shift on immigration, asserting that Romney was trying to “walk a line” on immigration. Romney’s onetime rival addressed the substance rather than the process of the decision — though the latter, said Santorum, is the more “outrageous.”

“[Romney]‘s trying to walk a line as not to sound like he’s hostile to Latinos — and [voters in] very important states — but at the same time, I think you need to hammer the president on this now-habitual abuse of power,” he said on CNN’s State of the Union…

“There is a difference of saying, ‘I don’t like the law and I wish that the law were different, but I’m the president and my job is to faithfully execute.’ And he is not faithfully executing,” Santorum said.

***

“This is obviously a way to divert attention from very bad news the president has had for three or four weeks,” McCain said. “That’s very clear.”…

“I don’t think a Mitt Romney as president of the United States would say, ‘we’re not going to enforce existing laws,’” he added. “That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a president doing that. It may have happened, but certainly not in this fashion.”

***

On issue after issue — gay rights, drug enforcement, Internet gambling, school achievement standards — the administration has chosen to achieve its goals by a method best described as passive-aggressive.

Rather than pushing new laws through a divided Congress to enact his agenda, Obama is relying on federal agencies to ignore, or at least not defend, laws that some of his important supporters — like Hispanic voters and the gay community — don’t like.

“If the president says we’re not going to enforce the law, there’s really nothing anyone can do about it,” University of Pennsylvania constitutional law professor Kermit Roosevelt said. “It’s clearly a political calculation.”…

“Say a Republican were to follow this strategy after regaining the White House in January of 2013 and the Supreme Court upholds the health care bill, and Romney can’t repeal it because the Democrats in the Senate filibuster it, he could basically repeal it through non-enforcement,” said Eastman.

***

Since the very beginning of our Nation’s founding, there has been (by design) a healthy tension between the Legislative branch, which writes laws, and the Executive Branch, which executes those laws. Laws were only de facto valid when they were both on the books and willingly enforced. As every law is a limit upon the people, this created a very high barrier to restrictions on individual rights. In modern parlance we would say that it is a “feature, not a flaw,” as the tension between the branches reinforces the desired ideal that the default position of the federal government is inaction.

If President Obama’s frustration over a “do nothing” Congress prompts him to respond with a “do nothing” government, then I’m all for it. Imagine the good that could be done if a Republican president used Obama’s precedent: By not filling tens of thousands of authorized positions, he could shrink the size of government. By refusing to enforce some environmental regulations, he could remove barriers to economic growth and greater employment. By canceling unnecessary weapon systems, he could remove the influence of earmarks from the defense budget.

Instead of complaining about Obama’s decision, conservatives should applaud anything which increases government inaction.

***

“This is not a political move. This builds on a lot of steps that we have already taken.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Advisors to Mr. Romney said in recent days that he was working on a platform that would include immigration policies, and they expected him to unveil them on Thursday when he speaks to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials in Florida.

Ana Navarro, an advisor on Hispanic issues to Senator John McCain in 2008, said in a Twitter message on Sunday: “After Obama move, it’s time. Romney NALEO speech Thurs is I-Day.’’

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

USS Astoria shakedown cruise 1934.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

proud ship, gallant crew

During the first half of 1942, Astoria operated with, or in support of, aircraft carrier task forces, primarily that built around USS Yorktown (CV-5). From February until May, she was in the south Pacific, protecting that vital region against the ongoing Japanese offensive. She screened the U.S. carriers during the Battle of the Coral Sea in early May, then steamed back to Pearl Harbor in time to take part in the Battle of Midway a month later. After Yorktown was disabled by Japanese air attack on 4 June, Astoria served as Rear Admiral Frank Jack Fletcher’s flagship.

With the victorious outcome of the Midway battle, U.S. forces were able to begin offensive operations. New Japanese air bases in the southern Solomon Islands were the first objective. After several weeks of repairs and training near Pearl Harbor, Astoria went back to the south Pacific to join the invasion forces. During the 7-8 August 1942 landings on Guadalcanal and Tulagi, she provided gunfire support for Marines ashore and screened the amphibious task force against counter-attacks by Japanese aircraft. On the night of 8-9 August, Astoria was one of three heavy cruisers guarding the northern approach to the invasion area, and was the only one afloat after a blistering night action against a Japanese cruiser force. However, she was gravely damaged in this Battle of Savo Island. Though her crew struggled all through the morning of 9 August to save their ship, USS Astoria succumbed to her wounds shortly after noon, sinking into the depths of a body of water that would soon be called “Iron Bottom Sound”, in recognition of all the ships that were lost there.

I read everything I could on the pacific theater in school,.. the US Navy fascinated me… and I remembered the USS Astoria’s name.. I read a lot about the Solomon’s. The Marine’s actions there and the US Army Air Corps operating there. I had an uncle in the Pacific theater. Also Army Air Corps. Maybe what led me into the US Air Force 39 years later.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I voted to reelect Nixon. 72,

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Can I get to it from the Mackinac stuff or is there some other link. Don’t give away anything you don’t want to, just a hint. arnold can find truffles.

Didn’t they film that time travel movie with Christopher Reeve on Mackinac Island or was that the San Diego hotel?

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Remember, she thinks we are all knuckle draggers that listen for Rush and Levin to tell us when to flush.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

…thank gawd I’ve got Levin & Rush!…or I’d be shatting my pants…hourly!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Shenzhou 9 has just successfully docked with the Tiangong 1 space lab.

DarkCurrent on June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Heh heh, the Hotel Del Coronado. Really beautiful hotel by the way.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Mitt. She worships the guy.

Remember the SNL skit about the guys that worshiped Ditka? That’s how joana is about Mitt Romney.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Someone should build a time machine so she can send Mitt back to the past to replace Washington.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I voted to reelect Nixon. 72,

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Joanna’s type of conservative.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Don’t forget, tomorrow is Monday (actually today in some time zones).

Supreme Court opinions mainly come out on Monday. We may be able to say SCOAMF-care (aka Obamacare), RIP.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

…thank gawd I’ve got Levin & Rush!…or I’d be shatting my pants…hourly!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I don’t know what I would do. /s

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Heh heh, the Hotel Del Coronado. Really beautiful hotel by the way.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

No. It was the Grand on Mackinac Island.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

… I had to translate that whole fable for my Latin class a while back, in high school

jimver on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Jeez. Latin translation in high school.

We learn to count. :/

O! And all about “cumulus clouds” — they’re the fluffy ones. :)

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Let’s mellow out tonight!!..:)

PS..Beautiful voice!!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

No. It was the Grand on Mackinac Island.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Doh… So it was…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Without Rush, how would I know I MUST go to Burger King and order a Bacon Sundae? Someone explain this to me!!!

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I don’t know about the movie. I do have a link to all the historical construction photos. I don’t have it on me at the moment. I’ll get it to you maybe day after next or so. So are you able to view my place? I plan on doing a continuation of the bridge series along with other things historic. Did you see the Pearl Girls?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Shenzhou 9 has just successfully docked with the Tiangong 1 space lab.

DarkCurrent on June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Carried live? I suppose it all will be, for a while; it has to be exciting.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

*snort

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

There is a BACON SUNDAE??? Going now!!!

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Well I do listen, and knuckle draggin is my favorite game. I drove by a university a time of two… and even read a whole book..

didn’t even have no pictures in it!

She carries arrogant snob to heights seldom attained, except for the left coast liberals.

I like Rush, and Levin is fun too, as well as educational. I all so came of age when they still taught civics class as a manditory course. Now even college grads can’t name the three branches of government, and they think they are educated.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I hear if you’re illegal, we’re dragged by the hair across the border before age 16, and are still a 30 yo kid, you can get a FREE Bacon Sundae.

I have a question. Are the kids going to have to be proficient in English?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Let’s mellow out tonight!!..:)

PS..Beautiful voice!!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

If anybody wants to get mellow…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

There is a BACON SUNDAE??? Going now!!!

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Vanilla ice cream, chocolate, caramel, and a stick or two of bacon (or more if the manager is checking you out – long-ish story). Everyone I talk to that tried it liked it.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Let’s mellow out tonight!!..:)

PS..Beautiful voice!!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Can you see/hear that one?

I can send up some smoke signals if not. I’m 1/16 Comanche. Also, I have some French in here, so I can make the smoke signals do a beautiful little “r” sound …

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I have a question. Are the kids going to have to be proficient in English?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Rick Perry’s gonna see to that, don’t you worry.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I’ve never linked a song, because I don’t think the regular QOTDers would ever like anything that I like.

But this one is from a very old Hot Air (or Michelle Malkin) post.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Nice tune blink. You should link whatever tunes you like to link. It’s not necessarily about what others like. It’s about what you like. ; ) it’s a nice way to get to know a little about each other at the same time.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Mitt Romney may take the “reward for success” approach. That is, reward each illegal with a welfare check for every English word they learn.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I have a question. Are the kids going to have to be proficient in English?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Yeah, as much as we can pray or Bitterly Cling…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Heh. Did you see what she wrote on the Washington’s Birthday post back in February?

“I’m not sure how so many so-called conservatives on Hot Air can be honoring a man that was obviously so incredibly disastrous. George Washington almost ruined this country. His continued influence is dangerously poisonous.

Thank goodness we can all look forward to Mitt Romney. His comments this morning at Independence Hall outline ideals that will drive American forward into the next century. ” – joana, Feb 22

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

seriously?

she’s that spacey?

whoa… and I thought my nieces Beiber crush was spooky.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Dude … the “Republic” part is the representation part. Republic derives from Res Publica. But the keystone of our architecture is our Constitution. It is the Supreme Law and defines the limits of all other powers, including the limits of the whims of the People. We don’t have national referenda. There’s a reason. Read the Constitution.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Most indirect democracies have constitutions, just like the United States. Why you seem to think that a country with a constitution can’t be a representative democracy, I have no idea. It has nothing to do with each other.

There are some indirect democracies that allow referenda, but they are actually part of direct democracies.

Gelsomina on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM

… plus, you get to educate some of these cretins …

*grumble*

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Heh heh, the Hotel Del Coronado. Really beautiful hotel by the way.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

No, it was Mackinac.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

No. It was the Grand on Mackinac Island.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Doh… So it was…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:17 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Ok. I’ll send my daughter. You’re serious right??

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Let’s mellow out tonight!!..:)

PS..Beautiful voice!!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Can you see/hear that one?

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Yep, I can play that one too. Of course to stop and tell you that I can it stops playing. The processes or is not set up to do both simitaniously.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Carried live? I suppose it all will be, for a while; it has to be exciting.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Yeah

DarkCurrent on June 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Ok. I’ll send my daughter. You’re serious right??

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Had one last night. Burger King. Little pieces of bacon goodness get caught in a clump of chocolate/caramel goodness.
Yes, it’s worth it.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Ok. I’ll send my daughter. You’re serious right??

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dead serious.

And if you really like bacon, you might want to request more.

Bloomberg and Moo can’t be happy about this!

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hotel Del charged $4.50 for a can of Pepsi in 1988. I watched people pay that…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Have any of you ever been over the Mackinac Bridge?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I have time to read a long-ish story!

blink on June 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Well, the dude at the window was about to hand me my sundae, and then the manager chick was looking at me and grabbed my sundae and “showed him” how to make it. So there was a ton of bacon in mine. I took someone else to get their cherry “popped” today and we only got the advertised long strip with a smaller strip (male manager this time).

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Dead serious.

And if you really like bacon, you might want to request more.

Bloomberg and Moo can’t be happy about this!

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Much Obliged. I’ll be there tomorrow. Night.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

seriously?

she’s that spacey?

whoa… and I thought my nieces Beiber crush was spooky.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

She could not have been saying that about Washington seriously

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

The Guadalcanal battle is fascinating and tragic. Our politicians need to study history more and quit thinking they are brilliant.

Three US and one RN cruiser sank the night of Aug 9 1942. The Japanese stomped us that night but we had more in store—paybacks a bit*h.
The USS Astoria website is well worth going over.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Hotel Del charged $4.50 for a can of Pepsi in 1988. I watched people pay that…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I only ate there once, it was wickedly expensive, but the food was really really good. Back around 1982 or so.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I have a question. Are the kids going to have to be proficient in English?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Yeah, as much as we can pray or Bitterly Cling…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

As long as they can say anchor baby, immigration judge, and la Raza, it’s muy bueno. .

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Much Obliged. I’ll be there tomorrow. Night.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I hope you enjoy. If nothing else, take a pic and send it to Bloomberg!

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Have any of you ever been over the Mackinac Bridge?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I have, on the way back to Minneapolis from a road trip to Detroit in 2005.

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM

OK, guys. Way past bedtime. Sleep well! Stock up on your AP/McCain patented burn ointment.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

One of my playlist favorites.

and this one..

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Impressive?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Good tune!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bmore…over, but not driving. It is beautiful. Testament to our abilities. Shame we can’t do it anymore.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I don’t know how to get to your place. A separate blog site or can I get there from the earlier photo we discussed—the men on the bridge?

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Night Meat.
Maverick Lube.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Good tune!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Only posted it in response to you mellowness… ;p

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Dude… She was like totally hitting on you… ;p

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Just have cerveza and relax. I like little Susan.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Yes, my Dad lost two men the first day of hanging the catwalk. Pre OSHA but American Bridge actually was a fairly safety constience company at the time. Today we don’t have what it takes to build it.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

seriously?

she’s that spacey?

whoa… and I thought my nieces Beiber crush was spooky.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM

She could not have been saying that about Washington seriously…

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Blink just cleared that up..

That is why I asked.. I have a very literal mind, and sometimes satire goes right over my head, miss it entirely. A flaw I wish I didn’t have, so that’s why I ask… better to be set straight than just take at face value right?

I can remember things I read 40 years ago, all kinds of trivia that makes me a terror in Trivial Pursuit, the cost of that is being way too literal.. much to the amusement of my wife and kids.

Daddy!.. I was jus kidding… jeesh..

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Just have cerveza and relax. I like little Susan.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Awww, Austin. Stomping grounds for a misspent youth. :)

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Daddy!.. I was jus kidding… jeesh..

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Eidetic memory?

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Much the same with the Sagamore in MA. Truely remarkable structures from a different America. Want some fun? Google map on high res. the bridge/tunnel/bridge/tunnel/etc that spans the Chesapeake. Incredible. My hat off to your father. Would we had several million more like him.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Daddy!.. I was jus kidding… jeesh..

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

No one will play trivial pursuit with me either. :(

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Impressive?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Yes, definitely! Almost as impressive as Detroit itself!

Ok, I was only semi-joking about Detroit. I went there with my sweetie at the time mainly because we wanted to see how rundown it was, and we were not disappointed by the experience – we found it surreal. No offense intended to any Detroit aficionados, but wow, what a Hellhole it was!

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Silly me arnold I had forgotten about linking the photo here the other night. I thought you had stumbled onto my blog. I will pass you a link to it at some point . The way I pass notes here is to link just the period behind your name. Most folks never even see it. So just remember that. I link the period. I’ll let you know when I do it by mentioning, Ms. You know who.; ) let me know if you understand.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

WryTrvllr, he built many bridges. The one you mention I am very familiar with.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I understand the blowback..:)

PS..Ted Nugent rules!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM

We talking swinging on a cable here? :)

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

constience, I think I spelled this wrong. Hopefully you know what I meant.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

We talking swinging on a cable here? :)

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Let’s just say some very high up and dangerous places. Steel ain’t very wide 600 feet of the water/ ground.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Alright, goodnight all!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Bailing. Sort of. Mostly.

I have to go “spend some time” and then I am going to try to fill a village with fear — a pack of something terrible seems to be gathering in the woods nearby. It might be happening again. Some people don’t want to believe it. I am going to go ahead and fill them with fear tonight — I may not get another chance for a while.

Anyway, night everyone. :)

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

constience, I think I spelled this wrong. Hopefully you know what I meant.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

And here I was expecting Prudence.

Dear Prudence, wont you come out to play.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Alright, goodnight all!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

G’night HS…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Knight

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Blink just cleared that up..

Daddy!.. I was jus kidding… jeesh..

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM

It’s always good to ask for clarification! :)

The best way to deal with a hyperliteral mind, imo, is to intentionally work on changing your perspective so that you start interpreting everything first as satire…

Bizarro No. 1 on June 18, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Good night HornetSting, pleasant dreams.

Good night Axe, sleep well.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Eidetic memory?

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM

No,.. my IQ test typed me as a Facts Curator,.. an exceptional memory, math skills and vocabulary,.. but generally speaking not a true photographic memory. I retain 85% of what I read..most people are less than 50% after a short time. I can still quote books from grade school. Not perfectly, but paraphrasing, yes.

made school and Basic training a breeze, I only had to read the manuel once. and was an Honor graduate… now, if I could just grasp smaller things, like sarcasm and satire better.. I’d be happy.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Awww, Austin. Stomping grounds for a misspent youth. :)

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Did you like the Tex-Mex music then. I have a couple of Texas Tornadoes albums. A few months ago I was just goofing here on HA and came across Flaco Jiminez—-not realizing who he was and not even knowing he was part of the TT. Anyways I linked it that night and then later went back and looked him up. That accordion is difficult to play and Flaco is the master. He is very well liked in N/S America and Europe.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I regret only skipping college to enlist, then I was busy working, never found the time for college.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Guess I’ll crash too.

Good Night All

Oh and arnold, don’t forget.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

lol, focus sir. About whether I understood which Mrs. you were talking about. You know the one with the big oak tree.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I totaly get it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM

yep.. night all… My wife has to get up at 5:30 for work, and I always get up to see her off.. later.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 3:07 AM

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I used to work with an engineer who had an eidetic memory, dude was a serious prick. He never did figure out that having an eidetic memory didn’t actually make him a genius. Anything he read, saw or heard, he remembered. But cross application of stuff he had learned, forget it.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM

That’s the one.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I used to work with an engineer who had an eidetic memory, dude was a serious pr!ck. He never did figure out that having an eidetic memory didn’t actually make him a genius. Anything he read, saw or heard, he remembered. But cross application of stuff he had learned, forget it.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I totaly get it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM

;p

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

of=off

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

That’s the one.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM

night lol. That cable ain’t that long.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Maybe this will correct it!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM