Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney is refusing to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama’s new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

The Republican presidential candidate tells CBS” ”Face the Nation” that if he’s president, Obama’s executive order “would be overtaken by events … by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution.”

Romney was asked three times in the interview if he would overturn Obama’s order, but he didn’t directly answer the question…

The candidate’s comments represent a further softening of his rhetoric on immigration since the GOP primary campaign ended.

***

Rick Santorum on Sunday gave a lukewarm defense of Mitt Romney’s response to the White House policy shift on immigration, asserting that Romney was trying to “walk a line” on immigration. Romney’s onetime rival addressed the substance rather than the process of the decision — though the latter, said Santorum, is the more “outrageous.”

“[Romney]‘s trying to walk a line as not to sound like he’s hostile to Latinos — and [voters in] very important states — but at the same time, I think you need to hammer the president on this now-habitual abuse of power,” he said on CNN’s State of the Union…

“There is a difference of saying, ‘I don’t like the law and I wish that the law were different, but I’m the president and my job is to faithfully execute.’ And he is not faithfully executing,” Santorum said.

***

“This is obviously a way to divert attention from very bad news the president has had for three or four weeks,” McCain said. “That’s very clear.”…

“I don’t think a Mitt Romney as president of the United States would say, ‘we’re not going to enforce existing laws,’” he added. “That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a president doing that. It may have happened, but certainly not in this fashion.”

***

On issue after issue — gay rights, drug enforcement, Internet gambling, school achievement standards — the administration has chosen to achieve its goals by a method best described as passive-aggressive.

Rather than pushing new laws through a divided Congress to enact his agenda, Obama is relying on federal agencies to ignore, or at least not defend, laws that some of his important supporters — like Hispanic voters and the gay community — don’t like.

“If the president says we’re not going to enforce the law, there’s really nothing anyone can do about it,” University of Pennsylvania constitutional law professor Kermit Roosevelt said. “It’s clearly a political calculation.”…

“Say a Republican were to follow this strategy after regaining the White House in January of 2013 and the Supreme Court upholds the health care bill, and Romney can’t repeal it because the Democrats in the Senate filibuster it, he could basically repeal it through non-enforcement,” said Eastman.

***

Since the very beginning of our Nation’s founding, there has been (by design) a healthy tension between the Legislative branch, which writes laws, and the Executive Branch, which executes those laws. Laws were only de facto valid when they were both on the books and willingly enforced. As every law is a limit upon the people, this created a very high barrier to restrictions on individual rights. In modern parlance we would say that it is a “feature, not a flaw,” as the tension between the branches reinforces the desired ideal that the default position of the federal government is inaction.

If President Obama’s frustration over a “do nothing” Congress prompts him to respond with a “do nothing” government, then I’m all for it. Imagine the good that could be done if a Republican president used Obama’s precedent: By not filling tens of thousands of authorized positions, he could shrink the size of government. By refusing to enforce some environmental regulations, he could remove barriers to economic growth and greater employment. By canceling unnecessary weapon systems, he could remove the influence of earmarks from the defense budget.

Instead of complaining about Obama’s decision, conservatives should applaud anything which increases government inaction.

***

“This is not a political move. This builds on a lot of steps that we have already taken.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Advisors to Mr. Romney said in recent days that he was working on a platform that would include immigration policies, and they expected him to unveil them on Thursday when he speaks to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials in Florida.

Ana Navarro, an advisor on Hispanic issues to Senator John McCain in 2008, said in a Twitter message on Sunday: “After Obama move, it’s time. Romney NALEO speech Thurs is I-Day.’’

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

making the same tired point.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

…aaaahhhhhh…now THERE…you are an EXPERT!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Funny. I’m on an iPad too. They are tricky to do HA stuff.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

LOL! Funny! We’re screwed. ; )

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

It’ll never work, nobody will ever believe that Romney shaved off his hair.

FloatingRock on June 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

LOL, good point

bluefox on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

making the same tired point.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

…aaaahhhhhh…now THERE…you are an EXPERT!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 1:30 AM

The definition of insanity, perhaps?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I was very frustrated watching the video of Romney today dancing around and not answering the question. It would be nice to see any politician get a pair and say that we are not going to allow illegals to break our laws and to encourage more of it by rewarding bad behavior.

Yeah, me too. But Mittens really does like the policy. My frustration was that he addressed that instead of the only really important point about the whole action which was that it is un-Constitutional and is one of the worst offenses that anyone can do in our government. Not just for this particular action, but in trying to establish a Presidency without limits, which is as un-American as it gets.

I would note that many of us tried to stress this point when the Dog-Eating Retard was trying to support his tin-foil buddy, Zelaya’s, coup attempt in Honduras. Zelaya had clearly violated their constituion and the Honduran supreme court had clearly acted within its bounds (which allowed for the military to carry out court orders for enforcement of rulings). Barky’s argument was that Zelaya was “popularly elected” and that was all that mattered. I, and many others (probably you too, if you were commenting anywhere) warned that that was a portent for what we would see here …

Unfortunately pretty much all of them will pander and give non answers to try to get votes. Even the best conservatives have done it. Just look at the record of Perry and Newt on illegals. Even Sarah Palin has been a bit wishy washy on it as well (I’m thinking of that O’Reilly interview she gave where he asked her if she would round up illegals and she said basically that she would promote a path to citizenship).

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

This is one of the reasons I was never a huge Palin supporter. I like her and she has very good conservative instincts but she is very wobbly on a few issues, illegals being one of them. Unfortunately, for me and many others, illegals is a deal-breaker. Palin’s support of that incredible sh!thead and destroyer McShame for his last Senate race also ticked me off to no end. THere was no excuse for that, at all. Personal issues are not political. McShame is a total disaster and should have been sent away, never to be heard from again. He is the worst on the “right”. I can’t express how much I truly abhor abd despise that low-life azzwipe.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Direct election of Senators is the single worst error ever made in this country because it turned us into a democracy. All the stupid crap politicians are pulling in DC would not be possible if the 17th Amendment was not there. Maybe you’ve noticed that the constitution is unable to defend itself against democracy except by allowing the judicial branch to be strengthened beyond its proper role. And it’s fickle, also, which doesn’t make for predictability.

We are not supposed to be a democracy in any manner.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

While I agree the 17′th amendment is bad (16′th should go first IMHO), we are still not a democracy. It is still only the residents of those states electing their Reps and Senators. If we were a pure democracy, the whole country would vote on Senators and Reps (… and yes, I’ve seen some lefty commentators make the claim that because those people make laws that affect the whole country, the whole country should get to elect them).

If you want to see what a democracy looks like, just take a look at cities that elect the city council members “at large” instead of by ward or burrough. Yeah, Tucson, I’m looking at you. They are usually liberal, left-leaning pits that have no desire for real progress but are really great at taking lots of money from productive citizens and spreading it to their voting base.

AZfederalist on June 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Great movie!..A must see..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Hate to see all the blood running out of Dire’s face … looks so weak over there. Need to post a tune, but … can’t find anything appropriate.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

You guys still at it?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Glad you are hanging in there trooper!.:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I’m trying. dire, any idea if there are three videos on this thread? I can only see the middle one on this device. Are the others any good? Did you watch them ?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

dire=Dire

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Gelsomina on June 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Dude … the “Republic” part is the representation part. Republic derives from Res Publica. But the keystone of our architecture is our Constitution. It is the Supreme Law and defines the limits of all other powers, including the limits of the whims of the People. We don’t have national referenda. There’s a reason. Read the Constitution.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

It’s portem, sorry, you were right, my Latin is getting rusty :)…in France we took Latin in high school , as part of the whole Latin heritage education…am losing it tough…

jimver on June 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I took high school in the 70′s.. and Latin was taught then, public school. As well as French Spanish and German. I took German,.. but I was surprised to learn they haven’t taught Latin here in years… or German. Just French and Spanish.

For all the supposed enlightenment that the schools have attained since my days, they actually teach less than they used too.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Me in the late 90′s, but only a handful of high schools choose to include Latin among their optional classes in France nowadays…which is strange…it benefited me a lot, the Latin I took + my native Fench made learning Italian pretty easy, and later on it helped with my Spanish too…I was not aware they taught Latin in the US, that’s surprising, I always thought that only countries wihere they speak Romance languages include Latin in their curriculums to emphasize the historical development/evolution of their languages from Latin…

jimver on June 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

joana, can you confirm that you don’t work (or volunteer) for the Romney campaign?

blink on June 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Already confirmed to the other crazy that the 3 of us operating this account are Mexican Muslim illegal immigrant lesbians working for Romney and Soros.

I can’t type this disclosure in every thread, give it a rest.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

That blink…

and I’m not referring to the past comments who might have called you those things..

You called me crazy during the primaries, though I doubt you remember, I certainly do. I never accused you of anything like muslim ties, or whatever, I simply supported Santorum, and you found that grounds enough.

The point of contention, was again, your need to condscend to people for not buying into your arguments. I wrote earlier I saw Mitt and Ann today in my hometown.. you know, flyover country, and my bluenose stector is pretty strong..

I’m just telling you, you need to ligten up.. Mitt is now the party’s choice,.. but not everyones first choice.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

They are all good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You guys still at it?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

AP is handing out rented lotioned kittehs.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

McShame

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Stuck with this though. She’s got this weird thing about “Loyalty” that would be great … under any other circumstances.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Bmore. The other night you had a pic of work on the Mackinac bridge in the fifties and said you were posting or downloading more of them. Is that your job—-photos, entertainment computers etc? You don’t have to be real specific, I just know that you said early in your career you had worked with Harry Chapin or at least that is what I thought.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Agreed. I wonder if the country would have been better off had a Democrat in Arizona beat him. He’s just pathetic. I figured her support for McCain was political, in that she didn’t want the drama when running for preezy. That may have been the plan, but we all see how that panned out.

Now she’s getting behind Hatch – didn’t he vote for Eric Holder?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Ummm yes you did… You attacked me for being a conservative that supported Santorum.

You didn’t do your hero Romney any favors.

I’m supporting Romney now b/c a RINO moderate is still much better than a socialist. It has nothing to do with you though, you are a moderate who I have little respect for.

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

No idea of who you are, but I most probably attacked your support of Santorum and would do it again. It was disgraceful to have Big Labor, entitlement expansionist Santorum as a major candidate in a Republican primary.

Attacking you for being a conservative, certainly not, as I don’t attack people for being conservatives. And in your case that would be an ontological impossibility anyway.

And again: I have no heros or idols in politics. Read what I write more carefully. And if I had, Romney wouldn’t be one of them.

And I agree, a moderate is much better than a socialist – even if the socialist is an ardent Christian. That was why you should have supported Romney over Santorum in the primary.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Join us..We always appreciate good company!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

It’ll never work, nobody will ever believe that Romney shaved off his hair.

FloatingRock on June 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

LOL, good point

bluefox on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Ha. Indeed.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

AP is handing out rented lotioned kittehs.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Speaking of lotion… there’s a major burn alert, ahem… …

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

They are all good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You’re not gonna tell me what’s on them are you?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I’m not going to “give it a rest” until you answer my question.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

lol, she can’t even lie and say “yeah I do, or no.”

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

In which case, she shouldn’t have made enemies with the crooked Republicans in Alaska…

Misguided loyalty, perhaps?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

You’re not gonna tell me what’s on them are you?

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

lol

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Join us..We always appreciate good company!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Are you sure I’m good company?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

joana’s statement about Romney sound like they come straight from his campaign.

Yep, the terminology, the writing style, they point to a campaign staffer or volunteer. It just comes across as a campaign statement

She seems to be deliberately attempting to belittle anyone that’s unenthusiastic about Romney.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

That’s the thing though that calls into question the notion of her being a campaign staffer. Alienating voters is never a good thing. However, there were plenty of that type in the McLame campaign, so this in not a definitive indication that she is not; she may just be one of the McLame type of staffers.

.. and with that, I’m out of here for the night.

AZfederalist on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

AP is handing out rented lotioned kittehs.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Speaking of lotion… there’s a major burn alert, ahem… …

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

That HAD to make a mark! Lmao!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

See…no bombastic vocab necessary.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yep. Personal loyalty is an admirable quality, normally, but one needs to know the bounds of it, which is an even more admirable quality. Part of it is that Palin doesn’t have that much of a problem with McShame’s amnesty attempts, I think.

I still like Palin a lot and she does a ton of good for conservatives (more than almost anyone else over the past few years) but she has a problem with an area that is a real deal-breaker so I’ve never been a huge fan of hers in terms of running for office – though what we’ve ended up with is worse in that respect, anyway … so there we go!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Are you sure I’m good company?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

No, but neither are we…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Are you sure I’m good company?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

…yep!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

joana’s statement about Romney sound like they come straight from his campaign.

I don’t mind Romney campaigning, but we certainly don’t need anyone to be criticizing people that question his conservative creds.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

First, it sounded like it came straight from Romney’s mouth. And that’s because he did. I just wrote what I listen to him saying this morning in the Face the Nation interview.

I wasn’t belittling anyone; rather correcting false and purposely misleading misdirections of Romney’s positions.

Questioning Romney’s conservative creed is something I see as a futile and masochistic exercise but one I won’t condemn. Lying about his positions to try to depress the enthusiasm, like the “TruCon” trolls love to do, I’ll keep correcting as I see fit.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

crap…

bluenose stector

bluenose detecter.. Folks in my part of the country have a low tolerance for those who think, or seem to think that they are granted superior wisdom simply because they attended ivy league universities, or were raised in a richer neighborhood.

I’ve met a Yale grad who couldn’t poor p*ss out of a plastic bucket with the instructions written on the bottom..and Obama attended Harvard.. so what’s that worth?

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

My father was responsible for spinning the cable for that bridge . He is in some of the photos. If you are at my place, he is the man in the most recent photo of the day, walking the steel. He used to take me up on the high steel as a boy. If my Mother had known, she would have killed him. lol!

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

because it did… wrote what I listened…*

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

See…no bombastic vocab necessary.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

…thanks for the beer on my keyboard!…it’s ok…went on the right side where all the numbers are…it’ll dry.

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Misguided loyalty, perhaps?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Well … you know … and I say this with a SP poster on my wall that I got from YAF …

She is serious about the party. And as far as that goes, I would agree it’s misguided (but it’s probably politically expedient). But she isn’t pure about it. She seems to pick some targets and avoid others.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Today he was clear with his three steps approach: First, the border. Second, implement a reliable system of employment verification. Third, replace this Obama’s mindless illegality with a long-term solution, properly legislated by the Congress, that meets the principles enunciated by Romney himself and organizations like NumbersUSA.

Anyone who listened to Romney this morning in good faith, can tell you this isn’t any sort of campaign statement; rather an accurate description of what Romney said about the immigration issue.

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Two LZ and one Nickelback!!..Pretty good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

That HAD to make a mark! Lmao!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Yeah, get some Aloe Vera.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Please go away or take a nap…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

lol

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

; ) You would think that one of these folks that likes to type oa lot could tell me. Lol!

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Man, political expediency is no longer an issue for Palin.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

AZfederalist on June 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Technically, you’re correct on almost all of that but what about this Soros-funded idiocy about popular election of POTUS? They are serious about it and if they get a toehold in any state, it’s the beginning of the end. Actually, this whole notion of proportional electors to the Electoral College would have caused the constitutional convention to collapse if it came anywhere near being included. It would not be unreasonable to describe it as the first step of the end of America.

The Founders had no love for the idea that infinite wisdom resided in the people. It was (and is) their consent that gave government its authority, not their wisdom.

These idiots who find defending the constitution and original intent are going to end up starting another civil war if they don’t stop with their progressive crap. There is a moral tipping point beyond which the sleeping bear will awaken. Then it’ll be Katy bar the door.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Are you sure I’m good company?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

You are good!.:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

That HAD to make a mark! Lmao!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Yeah, get some Aloe Vera.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Burn baby.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yea I hear ya. Romney should’ve hammered Obama for not enforcing the law and said what if I as President refused to enforce the Obamacare mandate b/c I didn’t feel like it?

Romney also should’ve hammered Obama very hard over the national security leaks.

Has Romney brought up Holder at all?

So in many areas Romney needs to bring up these crucial issues yet he has been much better than McCain at least by:

1. Doing the Solyndra thing (great campaign move).

2. Not abandoning his supporters like Trump or criticizing Rush just b/c the media demanded it.

3. Giving that speech in Ohio around the same time as Obama.

Romney is at least fighting and overall is running a preetty good campaign.

As for your comments on Sarah, find me a GOP politician who hasn’t wavered somewhat on immigration. It’s very frustrating, but not many have a great record on it. Overall I think she would’ve been the reformer we needed to really cut the fed. gov’t.

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

You’re so annoying that I might decide to turn against Romney on here.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

joana is motivating me to stay home on election day…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

No, but neither are we…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Omaha, you’re a saint compared to me ;)

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Two LZ and one Nickelback!!..Pretty good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Okay smarty pants, you just wait.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Please go away or take a nap…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

lolz..Good luck with that!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Burn baby.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I was thinking more like, “Spank me, Liberty!”

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

louder lol

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

It wouldn’t have been worse than having McShame in there. Like Patton said, “I’d rather have a division of Democrats in front of me than a division of McShames behind me.”

I never thought she was going to run for President. I figured her support of McShame was mostly personal. I don’t think it mattered all that much, anyway. The conservative blogs and media were going after Hayworth like crazy. They were foaming at the mouth about him. I liked JD.

Now she’s getting behind Hatch – didn’t he vote for Eric Holder?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Yeah … Pretty much none of the Senate GOP did much to stop anything of Barky’s. I can’t stand the whole bunch, save just a handful. They really suck.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

lolz..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

This sounds exactly like what a campaigner would say.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Does Romney use a podium where someone could “hide” in?

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

lol, she can’t even lie and say “yeah I do, or no.”

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

She would rather engage in intellectually dishonest obfuscation and deflection.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Payback. You slay me at times.

WryTrvllr on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

because it did… wrote what I listened…*

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

prrrooof it to meh!

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Burn baby.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I was thinking more like, “Spank me, Liberty!”

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Spank me!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Did joana fall comatose?

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I’m feeling better and better about the fall and Romney’s chances.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good to hear that the crowds were bigger than expected. Have you read about what Sherrod Brown said to Breitbart’s Dana Loesch?
I hope Josh Mandel hears about this. It was very nasty of Brown.

bluefox on June 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

That does it for me. You folks enjoy what’s left of the night. Good discussions. I’ll leave you with a GREAT song that includes a very HOT violin solo:

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I saved the pic from three days ago to my favorites–two guys w/a reel left side of pic and a solo man on the right. Do you have more photos? I love the historical stuff.

Here is one for you if you like ships.

USS Astoria shakedown cruise 1934.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

DireStraits QOTD song.__________.

That’s right the other thing I can’t freaking figure out how to do on this confounded device. I am starting not to like this iPad thingy. Down twinkles.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

So now Santorum is a socialist???

On the issues of the mandate, global warming, and TARP Santorum has as clean record UNLIKE Romney!!

I argued this with you during the primary but it was like talking to a wall.

And you are at best a Romney mouthpiece, at worst a paid liberal shrill just trying to cause trouble.

Don’t you get that no one likes you here jo jo??

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Just because and and I thinks that while my daughters school is out, Obama’s in for some killer summer school..

and the AC’s broke.

mark81150 on June 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I prefer my HP Notebook. I’ve never had an Apple product…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

JD could have been a clone of McCain. At least McCain would have been voted out of office. A lot of people boohooing some of the candidates back then… can they really say some of those “nuts” would have made things worse?

As far as I’m concerned, anyone that voted for Holder should be voted out. Holder (at least immediately) is doing more harm than even the pathetic excuses for SCOTUS justices that the GOP *had* to support.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Spank me!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Oh my! You’re one of those!

I hereby withdraw my earlier remarks in this area.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Are you practicing to be Mitt’s Axelrod, Messina, or Plouufle? Or more of a Robert Gibbs?

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I prefer my HP Notebook. I’ve never had an Apple product…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I still have a Toshiba notebook, but I love my iPad and we got an iMac that is also pretty cool. Very easy to learn and run.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Spank me!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

At least someone would be getting some instead of sitting on their couch waiting for the right one.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Spank me!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Oh my! You’re one of those!

I hereby withdraw my earlier remarks in this area.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I blame MeatHeadinCA. And Bush, of course.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hang in there!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

No idea of who you are…
joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

…obviously then…all you ever do is talk…talk…talk!
You don’t read or have much of a memory if you don’t know LevinFan…is it the opium?

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I blame MeatHeadinCA. And Bush, of course.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Well, it was a couple of Texans that got that going.

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Yep. I posted here last Christmas from my cousin’s iPhone. Very user friendly…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Here is one for you if you like ships.

USS Astoria shakedown cruise 1934.

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

There are 2148 photos in the Mackinac collection, I have downloaded about half so far. Mainly of the parts the old man worked on. Are you swinging by my place these days? Can you comment there? If you do it’s a nice way to do stuff off thread. You are of course welcomed to do so. The only reason I haven’t linked it to my moniker here at HA is, well, you probably know why.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

arnold ziffel on June 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

If she is, she’s doing a horrible job of it. She isn’t convincing anyone of anything other than that she enjoys being rude condescending and intellectually dishonest.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

If you voted for Reagan in 1980, then joana will criticize you for not writing in Romney.

blink on June 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Which one?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

George…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

LevinFan on June 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

No idea of who you are…
joana on June 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

…obviously then…all you ever do is talk…talk…talk!

KOOLAID2 on June 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Remember, she thinks we are all knuckle draggers that listen for Rush and Levin to tell us when to flush.

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

:) Plato, but I Belive It’s ‘clitellas dum mortem meas’..

jimver on June 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

“Phaedrus,” Fables I though, no … ?

… anyway, the problem with quoting Latin is that 50% of the time it’s flatly are slightly wrong, so it was even odds to begin with, and you never want to break the quote but … :) Sorry my response is so late; I missed you above and only caught “portem” down here. :)

Should have translated it anyway.

Still should.

Will after short walk-about.

Axe on June 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Yes, sorry, I saw only Phaedrus initially, and Plato’s dialogue (Phaedrus) came to mind instantly :)….After I read the whole quote it kinda amused me coz I remembered I had to translate that whole fable for my Latin class a while back, in high school… So, I got carried away, tryiing to remember some of it, and I pressed submit before I had the chance to delete the Pato reference…sorry again, late hours even here, on the left coast :)…

jimver on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Hang in there!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

What do you feel like hearing? What’s a good QOTD song? I hadn’t really thought about it because I knew I wouldn’t be able to load one. You load one Dire. It’s too quiet in here.

Bmore on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

George…

OmahaConservative on June 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I voted for Reagan in 1980, I guess I’m not a real conservative…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Which one?

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

LoL. Probably the one from Mexico with four wives. Or something.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

She also seems to think Rush is some brain dead socialist as well.

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM

HornetSting on June 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I know. The only good extremist, tea baggers to listen to are the dead ones! /joanna

MeatHeadinCA on June 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I voted for Reagan in 1980, I guess I’m not a real conservative…

SWalker on June 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Got that right. You should just go die. Or something.

She’ll be along shortly to inform you of your exact crime and the precise punishment for it.

platypus on June 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM