Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney is refusing to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama’s new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

The Republican presidential candidate tells CBS” ”Face the Nation” that if he’s president, Obama’s executive order “would be overtaken by events … by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution.”

Romney was asked three times in the interview if he would overturn Obama’s order, but he didn’t directly answer the question…

The candidate’s comments represent a further softening of his rhetoric on immigration since the GOP primary campaign ended.

***

Rick Santorum on Sunday gave a lukewarm defense of Mitt Romney’s response to the White House policy shift on immigration, asserting that Romney was trying to “walk a line” on immigration. Romney’s onetime rival addressed the substance rather than the process of the decision — though the latter, said Santorum, is the more “outrageous.”

“[Romney]‘s trying to walk a line as not to sound like he’s hostile to Latinos — and [voters in] very important states — but at the same time, I think you need to hammer the president on this now-habitual abuse of power,” he said on CNN’s State of the Union…

“There is a difference of saying, ‘I don’t like the law and I wish that the law were different, but I’m the president and my job is to faithfully execute.’ And he is not faithfully executing,” Santorum said.

***

“This is obviously a way to divert attention from very bad news the president has had for three or four weeks,” McCain said. “That’s very clear.”…

“I don’t think a Mitt Romney as president of the United States would say, ‘we’re not going to enforce existing laws,’” he added. “That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a president doing that. It may have happened, but certainly not in this fashion.”

***

On issue after issue — gay rights, drug enforcement, Internet gambling, school achievement standards — the administration has chosen to achieve its goals by a method best described as passive-aggressive.

Rather than pushing new laws through a divided Congress to enact his agenda, Obama is relying on federal agencies to ignore, or at least not defend, laws that some of his important supporters — like Hispanic voters and the gay community — don’t like.

“If the president says we’re not going to enforce the law, there’s really nothing anyone can do about it,” University of Pennsylvania constitutional law professor Kermit Roosevelt said. “It’s clearly a political calculation.”…

“Say a Republican were to follow this strategy after regaining the White House in January of 2013 and the Supreme Court upholds the health care bill, and Romney can’t repeal it because the Democrats in the Senate filibuster it, he could basically repeal it through non-enforcement,” said Eastman.

***

Since the very beginning of our Nation’s founding, there has been (by design) a healthy tension between the Legislative branch, which writes laws, and the Executive Branch, which executes those laws. Laws were only de facto valid when they were both on the books and willingly enforced. As every law is a limit upon the people, this created a very high barrier to restrictions on individual rights. In modern parlance we would say that it is a “feature, not a flaw,” as the tension between the branches reinforces the desired ideal that the default position of the federal government is inaction.

If President Obama’s frustration over a “do nothing” Congress prompts him to respond with a “do nothing” government, then I’m all for it. Imagine the good that could be done if a Republican president used Obama’s precedent: By not filling tens of thousands of authorized positions, he could shrink the size of government. By refusing to enforce some environmental regulations, he could remove barriers to economic growth and greater employment. By canceling unnecessary weapon systems, he could remove the influence of earmarks from the defense budget.

Instead of complaining about Obama’s decision, conservatives should applaud anything which increases government inaction.

***

“This is not a political move. This builds on a lot of steps that we have already taken.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Advisors to Mr. Romney said in recent days that he was working on a platform that would include immigration policies, and they expected him to unveil them on Thursday when he speaks to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials in Florida.

Ana Navarro, an advisor on Hispanic issues to Senator John McCain in 2008, said in a Twitter message on Sunday: “After Obama move, it’s time. Romney NALEO speech Thurs is I-Day.’’

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 10

predator on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I’m trying to figure out simple simon’s latest handle.
I was a little buzzed when I read a post the other night that reminded me of his style and cannot remember the new name…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Then stick your head back in the sand and don’t pretend I’m a resurrected troll when I kick your butts with the facts. Get used to being a dupe and don’t take it out on me.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I defy you to point to a single comment of mine where I ever implied you were a troll.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I’ve been a prolific commentator here at Hotair since early 2007,

Yes you have. You are special. Now sir, please grasp the concept of quality and not quantity.

arnold ziffel on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I’ve been a prolific commentator here at Hotair since early 2007, which is a lot longer than you and most of the other chit/chatters here, I suspect. If anything, one of you are more likely to be the troll of which you speak, perhaps being a disaffected Obama voter that has switched to Romney, maybe?

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

FloatingRock , what the heII are you talking about. I think you may be confused again. At any rate, piss off.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Please quit the ridiculing. This is a very nice and sanguine person, with lots of functioning gray matter, just perturbed about the Flukes in both parties.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Let me think about that one for a second…. Ummm, no. He’s not any of the things you said. Ok, well he might be young. But intelligent or concerned? No.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

If some of you consider me a troll, that’s fine, but I’m not a lefty troll, I’m a small-gov troll. Please don’t confuse the two.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

KOOLAID2, Kingsjester ……
Ya it was hard, he was about 10. Sad when so young and an azzhole (like some tough guys around here) do something that evil…………

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

arnold ziffel on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Whack that mole.

cozmo on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

.=?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Patience. Like a fly to dung, it will return. And then you’ll know.

predator on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

At any rate, piss off.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Very typical behavior for a a Romney supporter, I’ve noticed.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Ill BBL, gotta do something……….;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

No one ever said you were a troll. We were discussing simple simon from three or four years ago and his socks. You were never part of that discussion…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Are you stoned or something ? What in the heII are you talking about?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

:) why, does he bite?

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hardcore Ronulan, now that Rand has betrayed his father he is going to vote for Obama. Like we all didn’t know that all along.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

am familiar with this species, every now and then they crawl out of their holes and invade romney’s facebook page and leave a plethora of most unimaginable vile + stupid comments thre that make one wonder if it’s a curable disease that they suffer from…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

gophergirl on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

..I love you guys. I really do! (You know what I mean, of course.)

By the way, I know we have vilified that CBS stookey, Shieffert, but is it just me or was that old coot reverential — even enthusiastic and extraordinarily polite — to Romney? I was especially impressed with the little follow-up snippet about Anne Romney’s horse and her MS.

(Maybe even Shieffert is getting tired of the bravo sierra coming out of Obama.)

The War Planner on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

At any rate, piss off.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Very typical behavior for a a Romney supporter, I’ve noticed.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

And it’s Emily Post compared to the Romney hatin’ nutballs.

cozmo on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hell, I don’t even know if I’ll put a Mittens sticker on my car.

But I suspect the country will quietly vote for Rmoney. Prolly on the order of 58-60%.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Wrong. In his/her older life, and yours, this was one of the most pleasant and highly savvy commenters.

The Obama years have been very tough on him/her, for good reason.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Your not a troll. You just like delusional anti-Semitic White Supremest politicians. On subjected that are not politics your an ok dude, but when it comes to politics, sorry dude, you really are a less than congenial or civil individual.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

arnold ziffel on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Sorry, but I’m not going to drink your Koolaid. Is there anything I’ve said that you disagree with? I would welcome the opportunity to have a mature discussion with you about it. Would you care to copy and paste a comment I’ve made that you disagree with me about, and explain why?

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

At any rate, piss off.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Very typical behavior for a a Romney supporter, I’ve noticed.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Now I know you are either very confused or stoned or both. Me an Rmoney™ supporter? Your freaking just trying to be funny now. Funny!

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

At any rate, piss off.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

No way. HA would be the poorer for it.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I hate cats.

wolly4321 on June 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM

My cats hate wollys.

I see Joana crapped out a blue gill.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Give me an example.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Just confusion. You two are way closer than either now realizes. Take a few steps back.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Are you stoned or something ? What in the heII are you talking about?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I see “are you stoned” “I wish I was smoking your stuff” … a lot here. Is this a big pot smoker site?

BoxHead1 on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Oh, and by the way, the GOP will not betray you.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

BoxHead1 on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This is the Choom Gang son!

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

The Obama years have been very tough on him/her, for good reason.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

The Obama years have been brutal to everyone, but not everybody has become viciously bitter towards people who didn’t vote for Obama just because they refused to vote for a anti-Semitic Bat$hit insane White Supremacist.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Then why were you and one or more others inferring that I was a resurrected troll? Or are you saying that was a misunderstanding? I skipped through some comments so maybe I missed something.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

What? What? No Romney bumper stickers or t-shirts?

Yeah. Me neither.

You’ll get my vote, Mitty, but nothing else.

predator on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

No way. HA would be the poorer for it.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I don’t have any problem him. The one time I talked to him we did so civilly. I realize the interest he has in Country. Doesn’t mean he can come down on me and dump though. I call bs.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Give me an example.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

My cats hate wollys.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

lol

Axe on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Unless you are simplesimon, you are off the hook. No one mentioned you. It’s all there on page 2.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I’m not viciously bitter towards anybody who hasn’t implied that I’m a resurrected lefty troll, so what is your problem with me? Can you be more specific?

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Patience. Like a fly to dung, it will return. And then you’ll know.

predator on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Yeah, I know. I’m just very good with names, usually, and not a very patient ol’ guy…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

They weren’t talking about you, but you didn’t bother to find out, you just went straight into attack mode. You may not realize it, but that has become standard practice for you.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

BoxHead1, are you aware of where the saying stoned came from?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Look, I don’t care, never have, never will, for Paul’s nuttiness on foreign policy and his propellers. I’d never vote for him for anything.

FR is very consumed with the financial future of the next generation. All I’m saying. Just time for some deep breaths for a few good ones…

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Oh, and by the way, the GOP will not betray you.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

nor the DNC the country.

WryTrvllr on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Exactly, FR. Chill, dude…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Bull$hit, you just went after Lancerman and Bmore, who were not talking about you at all.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

No one mentioned me by name, but it was implied, and one person referred to the person they were referring to as “Sinking Stone”, in case you hadn’t noticed. If you honestly don’t think they were referring to me then I think you probably didn’t notice their subtle hints because they weren’t directed at you.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

predator! What’s happening, didn’t see you there. I was trying to get some reading in, when along comes ole Floating Rock.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well, the only thing Rmoney can do is surprise us all.

He sure ain’t gonna be worse than Chicago Jesus.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

BoxHead1, are you aware of where the saying stoned came from?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I’ll guess. Is it stoning – the form of execution? Or becoming stone like. I’m not cheating with google here. Those are my 2 guesses.

BoxHead1 on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I just can’t get this soul serenade out of my head. A bit of noodling runs into a heavy jam.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Good to know that you are not a reincarnation of angryed :), the one who had a memorable public meltdown here, at HR not long ago..I will give you that, he was a lefty troll, you aren’t…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

News flash, nearly everyone here is deeply concerned about future generations. That doesn’t excuse the way he has been acting for the last six months.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

McCain actually came up for air from his weekend LaRaza Pin the Tail on Lindsey’s Donkey Celebration to comment?
You know he is just mad he didn’t get the reach around for his support.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Understand. I have had a few “what’s happened to you, once so rational, FR?” attempts but have resigned myself to just watch now. Pick yer fights good ‘ne; you;ll need the energy. Lots of bad to follow this year, lots.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

FloatingRock, like most Ron Paul supporters, believes in immanentizing the eschaton.

Still too limited intellectually to understand that there are no optimum political arrangements, that politics is the real of the imperfect, that life in the public arena is a perpetual struggle between larger and lesser evils and that the best we can hope for is to avoid the great damage of full-fledged tyranny and bloodbaths.

This is caused by an intellect manqué, an innadequate understanding of human nature and history and a devotion to abstract concepts – like, in this case, “liberty” – typical of the ideological minds.

Rothbardian libertarians are the Marxists of the right – they’re prisoners of their own doctrine and metaphysically mad.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You done with me, mind if I get back to my reading ?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

i know this is somewhat ot…but it is deeply important. I also know that Mitch McConnell sometimes comes under criticism from the right.

but twice, this week, he has given talks on freedom of speech…and threats thereto.

i saw his talk at Faith and Freedom conference on cspan. heavy, heavy stuff. this is really important stuff. the Left is practicing…starting with some small ball…but soon enough, if not stopped quickly, will start going long

this is about his speech at AEI

r keller on June 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

angryed was no lefty troll. He’s been here longer than I. And FloatingRock.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I might mention floating turds, but I would e talking about Joana and Bluegill.
Grab a drink, Rock. It looks like they’re gonna legalize it, dude! :P

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Indeed. Just done splainin’ to Bmore about my previous attempts. Some things are better just watched.

Take The War Planner’s approach, rise above and prepare for the barricades.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

No problem Schadenfreude’ I’ll be trying to finish up my reading of this thread and chit chatting if you need me. Thanks.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Ah yes, angry mike did say sinking stone…

And no one else made any other comment. He didn’t even refer to you as a troll.

But enough about you, i’m bored.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Bmore
I’ve noticed something, everytime I start the “chit chat” thing I think sinking stone goes into Lurker mode, I hope he doesn’t read this……..;-)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Angrymike certainly seemed to believe that BMore was referring to me with his rotten fish comments and the comments about resurrected trolls, so if I was mistaken, so was Angrymike, apparently.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I see Joana crapped out a blue gill.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

one post and no one responded so hopefully she won’t be back…

Barred on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I might mention floating turds, but I would e talking about Joana and Bluegill.
Grab a drink, Rock. It looks like they’re gonna legalize it, dude! :P

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

HS and Bmore, FR is a good one, from loooong ago, just Ron-Pauled out.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It is very evident that Obama is pandering to balkanize our country so he can get re-elected. God knows he can’t run on his record. Therefore, with this latest stunt, I am giving Romney a complete PASS on how he responds and what he says in response to Obama’s decision to become an outlaw president.

Romney so far has giving a measured response. He is smart enough to not step on the land mines that Obama is throwing out there. Obama knows that the willing press will service him by asking these questions to Romney in an attempt to paint him into a corner and change the subject from the economy.

Romney knows that his base is pretty much die hard NO amnesty (that is me). He also knows he has to work on getting his base shored up (that would be me again).

I see what Obama is doing for what it is. Actually I am kind of smirking because if Obama is pulling amnesty out of his a$$ now, he will be completely out of tricks by the end of the summer. There is still enough time in this election cycle to frame this lawless amnesty in the way it needs to be framed.

I am by no means a Romney supporter, but I am a die hard “get rid of this poser” from the Oval office voter. So as long as Romney doesn’t step on these land mines, he can manipulate the press with his answers to their questions all he wants.

karenhasfreedom on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

n immanentizing the eschaton.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

WTF?

Somebody translate this to english for me.

urban elitist?

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

bluegill is mr. seven. cd seven to be sure.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

btw…i posted the mcconnell thing not only because it is important, but also because we on the Non Left must Jointly work to make sure that the Left is defeated…preferably, defeated badly

r keller on June 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

BoxHead1

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I might mention floating turds, but I would e talking about Joana and Bluegill.
Grab a drink, Rock. It looks like they’re gonna legalize it, dude! :P

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

HS and Bmore, FR is a good one, from loooong ago, just Ron-Pauled out.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh, I know. That’s why I was telling him to pull up a chair. floating Rck and I have tussled on legalizing drus, but he as always backed up his argument. He’s a rolling stone.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Not much happening here. Haven’t been around much lately. Glad to see you’re still manning the gates.

How you been? Where’s Dire?

predator on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

n immanentizing the eschaton.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

WTF?

Somebody translate this to english for me.

urban elitist?

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Amazing.

And these people have the chutzpah of calling themselves conservatives.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sheeesh. Sorry I brought up simple simon…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I don’t think he’s a lost cause, or even a bad guy. But he has been taking his frustrations out on people here unfairly for quite some time now. With the exception of the long time Mitt Supporters, just about everyone here had at one time a preferred candidate, who either didn’t run or who lost out to Romney.

Mature adults get over their preferred candidate not winning the nomination, and they move on. Crazy people go around insulting the candidate (and anyone who supports that candidate) that wasn’t their preferred candidate that did win.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Immanitizing the Eschaton was a phrase William F. Buckley used to describe the progressives goals. It essentially means bringing heaven to earth. perfecting the human.

Of course it was used derisively, as only WFB could do. :)

BTW Get on Hoover and tell them to digitize and make available the entire Firing Line catalog.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

oops, spoke too soon….

Barred on June 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Amazing.

And these people have the chutzpah of calling themselves conservatives.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Q.How awesome are you?

A.Awesome enough to be utterly condescending and unhelpful.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

And it begins…

Obama decides not to enforce the law. Romney agrees. Welcome to the New World Order.

El Presidente Barak Hussein Obama has passed his own version of the DREAM act by fiat, even though he has no such powers to do so. Congress has repeatedly rejected the DREAM act, as well as other attempts at destroying America through granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens who have no desire to obey our laws.

America has two major political parties. So we should expect the guy running for President from the other party would stand up and say NO to this unconstitutional “law”, right? Lets see what Mitt Romney said:

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

bluegill is mr. seven. cd seven to be sure.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I’ve been away. Wen did csdeven get canned? There were some great Meghan McCain jokes from that one.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

WTF?

Somebody translate this to english for me.

urban elitist?

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Has something to do with creating a Heaven on earth, IIRC.

predator on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Buckley popularized the phrase, but it was authored by the great Traditionalist Catholic philosopher Eric Voegelin.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Amazing.

And these people have the chutzpah of calling themselves conservatives.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yes, I ain’t never been the brightest light on the string. But thank God you’re here for the ridicule factor.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Thanks, boss.

“We’re very concerned, Tim…”

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

FloatingRock you have made a mistake. bluegill is the rotting fish. She got that nic from me when she constantly called one of our candidates a bigot, over and over. I asked her to stop, she elected not to, therefore she is the stench of rotting fish when I see her on a thread. I do not like her and am unapologetic about it.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Sheeesh. Sorry I brought up simple simon…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You should have brought up snotty simon.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

And these people have the chutzpah of calling themselves conservatives.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Are you related to Jenfidel?

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Oh, he/she never was banned. Sometimes, it has a mutual admiration thing going with its puppet, bluegill.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

bluegill is mr. seven. cd seven to be sure.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

blue gills is csdeven’s dumber sister. They had a fluff fest a while back, and no single person could spout that much nonsense in such a short time span.

cozmo on June 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Good to see you HornetSting.

I apologize if I falsely accused anybody based on a misunderstanding, I’m behind reading the comments so pardon me if I miss a few. I might check back later, even if some might prefer I not. hehe

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

So I have to be able to quote Buckley to be conservative?

Man, we’re screwed.

WryTrvllr on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

predator, Dire should be along shortly.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Good to see you HornetSting.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Rock, you’re always welcome.

HornetSting on June 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM

predator, Dire should be along shortly.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Good. I need to know if betrayal is still on our horizon. ;)

predator on June 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I might check back later, even if some might prefer I not. hehe

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:28PM

Probably best if yo do reread the thread. Esp. page two. No one associated you with simple simon nor did they call you a troll. You were called irritating at best…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

WryTrvllr on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Plus, his son voted for Obama. Be careful which one you refer to.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Jesus Christ, last coupla weeks I must’a watched Saving Irene Ryan about six times.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

predator, Dire should be along shortly.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I’ll probably have to be leaving shortly, Falling Skies seasons premiere is on in half an hour. I’ll try and drag my laptop ot to the other room, but the battery is charging right now, so I don’t know.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Oh, well sorry for the misunderstanding, then.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

well…i do believe that most here would agree with you. I think the term we’re looking for is order liberty. Ordered liberty I think we can describe…although of course, it is dynamic over time, and geography.

after all, many laws (think sodomy) have been un-enforced for years before they were taken off the books

however, we also know, that chaos is always something that the left is hoping for…and enabling (cf. Alinsky)

r keller on June 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM