Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney is refusing to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama’s new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

The Republican presidential candidate tells CBS” ”Face the Nation” that if he’s president, Obama’s executive order “would be overtaken by events … by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution.”

Romney was asked three times in the interview if he would overturn Obama’s order, but he didn’t directly answer the question…

The candidate’s comments represent a further softening of his rhetoric on immigration since the GOP primary campaign ended.

***

Rick Santorum on Sunday gave a lukewarm defense of Mitt Romney’s response to the White House policy shift on immigration, asserting that Romney was trying to “walk a line” on immigration. Romney’s onetime rival addressed the substance rather than the process of the decision — though the latter, said Santorum, is the more “outrageous.”

“[Romney]‘s trying to walk a line as not to sound like he’s hostile to Latinos — and [voters in] very important states — but at the same time, I think you need to hammer the president on this now-habitual abuse of power,” he said on CNN’s State of the Union…

“There is a difference of saying, ‘I don’t like the law and I wish that the law were different, but I’m the president and my job is to faithfully execute.’ And he is not faithfully executing,” Santorum said.

***

“This is obviously a way to divert attention from very bad news the president has had for three or four weeks,” McCain said. “That’s very clear.”…

“I don’t think a Mitt Romney as president of the United States would say, ‘we’re not going to enforce existing laws,’” he added. “That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a president doing that. It may have happened, but certainly not in this fashion.”

***

On issue after issue — gay rights, drug enforcement, Internet gambling, school achievement standards — the administration has chosen to achieve its goals by a method best described as passive-aggressive.

Rather than pushing new laws through a divided Congress to enact his agenda, Obama is relying on federal agencies to ignore, or at least not defend, laws that some of his important supporters — like Hispanic voters and the gay community — don’t like.

“If the president says we’re not going to enforce the law, there’s really nothing anyone can do about it,” University of Pennsylvania constitutional law professor Kermit Roosevelt said. “It’s clearly a political calculation.”…

“Say a Republican were to follow this strategy after regaining the White House in January of 2013 and the Supreme Court upholds the health care bill, and Romney can’t repeal it because the Democrats in the Senate filibuster it, he could basically repeal it through non-enforcement,” said Eastman.

***

Since the very beginning of our Nation’s founding, there has been (by design) a healthy tension between the Legislative branch, which writes laws, and the Executive Branch, which executes those laws. Laws were only de facto valid when they were both on the books and willingly enforced. As every law is a limit upon the people, this created a very high barrier to restrictions on individual rights. In modern parlance we would say that it is a “feature, not a flaw,” as the tension between the branches reinforces the desired ideal that the default position of the federal government is inaction.

If President Obama’s frustration over a “do nothing” Congress prompts him to respond with a “do nothing” government, then I’m all for it. Imagine the good that could be done if a Republican president used Obama’s precedent: By not filling tens of thousands of authorized positions, he could shrink the size of government. By refusing to enforce some environmental regulations, he could remove barriers to economic growth and greater employment. By canceling unnecessary weapon systems, he could remove the influence of earmarks from the defense budget.

Instead of complaining about Obama’s decision, conservatives should applaud anything which increases government inaction.

***

“This is not a political move. This builds on a lot of steps that we have already taken.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Advisors to Mr. Romney said in recent days that he was working on a platform that would include immigration policies, and they expected him to unveil them on Thursday when he speaks to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials in Florida.

Ana Navarro, an advisor on Hispanic issues to Senator John McCain in 2008, said in a Twitter message on Sunday: “After Obama move, it’s time. Romney NALEO speech Thurs is I-Day.’’

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 10

BradTank on June 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM
TxAnn56 on June 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I didn’t believe Romney’s words during the primaries because he threads the needle of words so carefully to allow him room to vary his position.

A good summary from NRO in February.

Romney: A Conservative on Immigration?
His record doesn’t reflect his current campaign stances.

On the third page:

Romney did veto a bill allowing illegal aliens to attend colleges at the in-state tuition rate. However, his main argument was not that these people were illegal, but rather that Massachusetts couldn’t afford the bill’s $15 million price tag. In other words, so long as illegal aliens paid the same rate as out-of-state students, Romney didn’t appear terribly concerned.

INC on June 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM

It wasn’t an original I “borrowed” it from someone else Presstitutes was my originally and I don’t care if others borrow it I think we need to Alinsky the Presstitutes along with the Alinskyites!

I don’t even see what the media hype about this is for. This administration, DoJ, ICE, Homeland Security, etc. hasn’t been enforcing our immigration policies for the last 3 years anyways (actually for the last thirty years). Obama’s statement was just political statement, the policy isn’t new.

lowandslow on June 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thats correct! This is merely a distraction. The Lyin kING was getting his head handed to him over the economy so he had to try to take Romney off his talking points and by handing his Prestitutes this little declaration of what is already policy he hoped to put the pressure back on Romney. Good on Romney for recognizing this and not being paralyzed by it, good if some of his supporters would see the same. All replies must put pressure back on the Lyin kING as in my above post. Expect the Presstitutes to carry the kINGS water preferably while on their knees!

ConcealedKerry on June 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

angrymike, I’m sorry to hear that brother.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM

But then in spite of that admission, when he ran in ’12 suddenly he was tough on illegal immigration again. How convenient.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You’re not the brighest, are you? Sounds like you didn’t even watch Romney on CBS this morning. You are simply going off headlines.

Romney on CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7411984n

Romney has been consistent on illegal immigration in the primary season and now. Maybe you think he should start talking tough right now about how he wants to deport children of illegal immigrants, but that would obviously be unhelpful and politically stupid. Obama wants this issue to take center stage, and Romney smartly avoided falling into Obama’s trap and in the interview refused to give Obama the ammunition he was looking for to try to paint Romney as anti-Latino.

We’re going to win this thing, but we’re not going to do it by listening to the FloatingRock’s of the world.

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM

ConcealedKerry on June 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yup. We’ve been seeing pResident in these environs since January 2009…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM

ConcealedKerry, cool you might be seeing it a little more often then. ; )

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Should be a fun week with Barack Kardashian Obama’s speech, with Mittens also talking with the same group…

It’s the ECONOMY…

Khun Joe on June 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Omaha conservative
thanks…… it makes it worse when some moron gave it antifreeze ……..

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

By saying that if he is elected he would advance legislation (which automatically means long term splution + respect of fhe law) that will deal with the matter in a comprehensive manner he basically dismissed 0′s EO as inadequate patchwork ‘solution’.

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM

So basically you’re saying that Romney supports “comprehensive immigration reform”?

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

No, I’m sure of it now, definitely the smell of rotting fish.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Oh man, I’d kill that MoFo with my bare hands if I caught him…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM

You’re not the brighest, are you?

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Certainly not as bright as you, your eminence. As a Romney supporter you are obviously superior.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Omaha conservative
If I knew who, I think they might just disappear …………..

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I cooked salmon tonight. I just thought I would share that, LOL!

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yes, all Romney supporters are cat dissecting dangerous people. Beware!!!

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM

No, but some of them tie the family dog on top of the car.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hiya All!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hey alt…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Wait, I thought we are all Romney supporters now???

faraway on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Bmore
thanks buddy……
the rotting fish, is it small an have a blue tint???………;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

At this point I’m limited to driving over the speed limit occasionally. Do you think The Won would be okay if I don’t pay taxes anymore?

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Hey, Twerp! How’re things in Tejas?

Fallon on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I cooked salmon tonight. I just thought I would share that, LOL!

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

LOL!

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I’m sorry about your loss, angrymike.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM

ALT
Hello…….And how my fav twerp tonight???………;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Fallon on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Freezing. husband is keeping the house toooo cold. LoL.
It’s lovely outside.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

angrymike, you know it does. Worthless.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Glad I’m off for 3 days.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Thanks Philly……;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I just thought I’d mention it, it already looks like they are driving cattle through here. The southern desert is riddled with trails. I won’t even go south. Even heavily armed.

That was one brilliant EO there, barky. /

Man, I pray you smart folks here get it. Imagine, even loaded to the gills, military grade stuff, you couldn’t go 20 miles south. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. They are coming over in hoards already. Many will die in the desert. It’s gonna be 106° f.

Isn’t barky landing in mexico about now?

wolly4321 on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Do you think The Won would be okay if I don’t pay taxes anymore?

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Nah, you’re *rich* to him and need to support illegals and welfare queens…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Sorry , angrymike .

Lucano on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

So when a President signs a bill passed by Congress and it becomes law, he has a choice whether to enforce it or not? I would think if he did not want to sign the bill, he would veto it.

If it’s a law is he not violating his oath of office?

So why would we need a Congress? I’m confused with some of the comments that AP quoted above.

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Huh, I said comprehensive solution, meaning that is a complex issue and in dealing with it (as in crafting legislation to deal with it) one should take into avcount all parameters: border enforcement, illegals already in and how you deal with them etc…I never used the terminology ‘comprehensive immigration reform’ and neither did Romney…so don’t try to distract…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM

ALT
ENJOY…..*clink*

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Thanks Lucano……….;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

“Well Mr and Mrs Presstitute, you can be assured that as this countries leader I would follow and enforce the laws of this land and instruct my Department heads to do the same, including paying their taxes in a timely fashion. I support a comprehensive immigration policy worked out through the congressional branch, the branch that answers most directly to the people whom I am to serve, not rule over. That is the way this country is supposed to work and used to work before this pResident decided to enforce only the laws he liked and to go so far as to sue sovereign states of these United States over ones he didn’t. This pResident has no business involving the federal Govt or taxpayer dollars in in telling sovereign states what they should do as he has done with Immigration in AZ, voter Identification in Florida and Oil Drilling in the midwest and south.
This pResident shopuld uphold the law and ask his Attorney General to turn over any and all documents related to the murder of hundreds of Mexican Nationals and two US border patrol agents as a result of Fast and Furious.”

Next question?

ConcealedKerry on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Yes, all Romney supporters are cat dissecting dangerous people. Beware!!!

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM

No, but some of them tie the family dog on top of the car.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

There he goes again…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

McCain: Obama’s immigration move a diversion

MACKENZIE WEINGER

Thankfully Johnny Mac’s weigh in was tepid and brief. No insult to injury on that one.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

i watched the Romney thing on cbs. he’s very good. this is not just about ‘issues’…this is about trust. he came off very steady..not a preening preezy of a lightweight.

his non-verbals, his speech patterns were very good. I think tons of people will like that.

there’s a deep conflict between the polls and focus group data. In focus groups of indies and even obama voters..people are pissed…angry..upset…and don’t know what to do. Regardless of what they tell some telephone poller that calls their cell…they are pissed, and upset about the future

mitt has to appeal to these people by being the adult in the room…the guy who knows who he is…calm, steady, not a celebrity.

yeah…he’s rich…but maybe he’s ok. that’s the msg. (btw, can we have some ads on fdr..jfk..please…rich? mitt is nuveau riche…not old money..and there’s diff)

r keller on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Is it time for the

CHIT…….

CHAT……..
yet?

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It never seems like enough. How’s Spawn doing?

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

“I think the first thing we should be dealing with is the Border. Once that’s secure we can begin discussing long term legislation regarding the people who have moved here aleady.”

jaydee_007 on June 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

First of all, that’s wrong. THe problem is with interior enforcement, not the border.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM

First of all, it’s not wrong. You stop the Bleeding FIRST!

Second of all, do you want to defeat Obama, or find your candidate hung out to dry by the MSM because you’d perfer to score points and give them ammunition.

The Border is the one issue they can’t warp because it has Broad Support as a First Things First Priority.

Don’t get stuck on Stupid.

jaydee_007 on June 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Concealed Kerry
Here-here…….Well said…..;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Here’s the full interview:

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Thank you.

Flora Duh on June 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM

jaydee_007 on June 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You make arguments for a Democracy. We (are supposed to) live in a Constitutional Republic, which is very different.

If people cannot stick up for the Supreme Law of the land then this nation is toast, illegals or not. There is nothing else to discuss with this. I think you have a poor conception of history and don’t really understand what’s at stake here. Winning an election while the COnstitution lies dying by the road is a pyrrhic victory that leaves nothing but mob rule, here. Great …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Obama’s policy strategy: Ignore laws

Steve Friess

0 is bitterly tying to cling to power through lawlessness. It won’t work. All you teet suckers had better start preparing for his defeat. His loss will be your loss. Will you be prepared? Of course not. You never are.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:16 PM

There he goes again…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Just ask him what he thinks about Rand Paul endorsing Mitt Romney… (Oh, and better put on some protective clothing)

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Just really makes ya wanna work your ass off to get him elected, doesn’t he?

Meh.

Tim_CA on June 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Honestly, three times Schieffer asks him if he would repeal what Obama’s did and Romney kept giving evasive answers.

Then there’s this on the second page:

But states have, under their constitution, the– the right to require people to either go to school or get auto insurance or in this case, to get health insurance.

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I’m off for a walk to lower my blood pressure.

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Bmore
I’ve noticed something, everytime I start the “chit chat” thing I think sinking stone goes into Lurker mode, I hope he doesn’t read this……..;-)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Bob Krumm

While I understand your take on this, I am not comfortable with making ignoring laws selectively by any President the norm.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thanks for the linky, bluegill!

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

angrymike, well if he does I’m certain you’ll get his normal dissertation about it.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Romney has outsmarted Obama on this. Focus on jobs, jobs, jobs.

If he does this, he wins.

faraway on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Anyone remember the troll simple simon? What ever happened to him?

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I’m off for a walk to lower my blood pressure.

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Have a lovely walk INC. ; )

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

TxAnn56 -

You are so right about this being the result of past sins by both parties. I am sick to death of living in the past on so many issues, if you get my drift.

MustLoveBlogs on June 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Bob Krumm

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

:) agree, but for a second there, after I read KRumm’s piece, the thought of president Romney not enforcing certain EPA policies gave me an almost perverse pleasure :)….or leaving positiions within EPA unappointed, fori
Instance :)….what comes around….

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I hate cats.

wolly4321 on June 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Those are fightin’ words.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Anyone remember the troll simple simon? What ever happened to him?

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

He became KeninCT and was banned for the third time, or was it fourth. He apparently had many socks. I think capitulas or something like that was one of his others. I have it written down on one of the other machines. That’s correct I am once again in iPad heII again this evening.; )

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Anyone remember the troll simple simon? What ever happened to him?

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Banned, then resurrected as KeninCT.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Beat me to it B.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

There he goes again…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:19

:) why, does he bite?

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Mmmmmm, homemade pirogies ……….?
Sorry Bazil9, if you read this later…….

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Kenin the ‘cruise’ director was banned?

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Wasn’t he the one who always slandered Sarah Palin and called her SarahCougar—tried to claim Trig was Levi’s son? I saw a post recently that reminded me of his style…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

jimver, yeah as tempting as it is, Karma can be a real b*tch, no offense To anyone here at HA. It’s just an old saying.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I wear your disdain like a badge of honor. While you have your heads stuck in the sand I get to walk around behind and kick reality into your back-sides. It’s very enjoyable.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I think he called her Caribou Barbie.

It could be Your momma loves me…but IDK

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hey tom daschle, great to see ya……well sort of………;-)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM

And the propaganda never ends.

Romney seemed very concrete to me: first, secure the border. Second, employment verification system. Third, he’d replace this with a long-term solution, properly designed by the Congress.

How on earth is this evasive? Will you ever get tired of parroting Rachel Maddow talking points about Romney? It’s amazing the amount of times in which you simply paraphrase her remarks and often using her exact words.

Then there’s this on the second page:

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM

What’s exactly your doubt about that? Do you disagree, is that it?

I guess you do, after all Romney said it.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Beat me to it B.

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I think we have it right don’t we tom ? I can’t get to the other machine right now. I can’t remember the other sock name. You remember?

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Weapons of mass distraction

Instead of discussing the relativity of the president’s impact on the economy during the upcoming debates with Mitt Romney, President Obama must want to take the focus off the economy by ensuring special interest groups take center stage. By arguing his support for particular groups, the president can create a perception that he fights for the rights of the American people. Romney will have to spend more time defending Republican positions than discussing what the president should have been done for the economy.

When considering this game plan, people should pay closer attention to the context of the president’s arguments for special interests than the content. Birth control, gay marriage and young illegal immigrant rights are being set up as distractions from the president’s record.

These political fights are being started in an attempt to gain votes and to separate Republicans and Democrats even more by the president who promised bipartisanship. Instead of being wholeheartedly in the fights, the president is using special interest groups as weapons to improve his chances in the election. Americans should not be used as weapons.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

i know, I use that saying all the time :)… Can’t see yet the karmic powers at work when it comes to 0′s presidency :)….I hope Nov will unleash them :)…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Hey tom daschle, great to see ya……well sort of………;-)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Good to see you too angrymike. Good olde Tom Daschle. He would run to the cameras every day and talk of the great concern he had about Bush and the GOP…

What a joke!

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Lool :) do you by any chance think that you are Napoleon too? :) …

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Stories of cats rescuing folks?…..nada.

Not even barry would eat cat. That’s saying something right there.

wolly4321 on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

.. it makes it worse when some moron gave it antifreeze ……..

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

…dude get out!…sorry!…some SOB would be drinking a gallon of that if I found out who did it!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

There have been so many. He could have been deathtomediahacks as well, but I’m not so sure anymore.

I’m surprised we haven’t witnessed a rebirth of libbie lawyer jimbo3

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Looking at the comment count, it looks as if folks are saving all their energy in case the Supremes rule tomorrow on ObamaCare. That or Father’s Day and basketball game are distractions.

txmomof6 on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM

He could have been deathtomediahacks as well, but I’m not so sure anymore.

I’m surprised we haven’t witnessed a rebirth of libbie lawyer jimbo3

tom daschle concerned on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

deathtomediahacks said he was a Black homosexual to me when I tried to dialogue…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m sorry, Mike.

I hope Romney does not make the assumption that he will get elected no matter what he says.

kingsjester on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

:) why, does he bite?

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hardcore Ronulan, now that Rand has betrayed his father he is going to vote for Obama. Like we all didn’t know that all along.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yes I too saw a couple of posts recently that reminded me of him also.

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hey. Ain’t none of us happy with Mittens. It’s the only choice, like it or not.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

INC on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM

romney is right on this. one of the first, famous, cases was MA requiring vacination on pain of a five dollar penality if you didn’t get the shot.

totally constitution…per scotus a hundred years ago.

the issue with barry care is the application of the commerce clause…ie does h/c impact inter-state commerce

i hope this sucker is struck down…but i have a bad feeling about it

r keller on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I’ve been a prolific commentator here at Hotair since early 2007, which is a lot longer than you and most of the other chit/chatters here, I suspect. If anything, one of you are more likely to be the troll of which you speak, perhaps being a disaffected Obama voter that has switched to Romney, maybe?

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hey. Ain’t none of us happy with Mittens. It’s the only choice, like it or not.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yup. For me it’s AB0 and I’ll work my ass off for Mitt…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I cut open a cat once.

faraway on June 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM

ohhhh poor little kitty:( !!!!

OT
It’s flip from the debates. Or a flop. You tell me.

BoxHead1 on June 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Yup. For me it’s AB0 and I’ll work my ass off for Mitt…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Um, no, I won’t work my ass off for Mittens. He ain’t Palin. He will get my vote. And that’s all.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Romney’s smiles creep me out. He will be our next president but what is going on in these insincere morose smiles. Where is the joy, man?

AshleyTKing on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Evening, folks. Just got done watching the U.S. Open. What’s up? Are we fighting? Skewering trolls? Little of both? Neither of both?

predator on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I believe so Lanceman, I was hesitant to say anything to you about it, I know how you don’t care for that sort of news. There was a fairly combative exchange one afternoon between the tour director and one of our other commenters. I was there in a secondary role . He hasn’t been seen since. Of course it was done stealthily and quietly as so many of them are these days. So it may not be true, there were no entrails to bare whiteness to. My sincere heartfelt condolences./

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yup. For me it’s AB0 and I’ll work my ass off for Mitt…

OmahaConservative on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Yep for me too.

Got a free decal from the campaign today – it’s proudly on the window of my car.

I’d rather be disappointed by Mitt then have four more years of the pit in my stomach every day I have with Obama.

gophergirl on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

FloatingRock is a very intelligent young person, concerned that both parties have plundered and continue to rape the land.

Please quit the ridiculing. This is a very nice and sanguine person, with lots of functioning gray matter, just perturbed about the Flukes in both parties.

Schadenfreude on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Hey. Ain’t none of us happy with Mittens. It’s the only choice, like it or not.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Then stick your head back in the sand and don’t pretend I’m a resurrected troll when I kick your butts with the facts. Get used to being a dupe and don’t take it out on me.

FloatingRock on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

*double facepalm*

Families relieved with possibility of staying in US

By Saul Saenz, Reporter

PIERSON — It’s an issue that will affect many illegal immigrants in Florida and the rest of the nation.

Friday, President Barack Obama ordered a halt to deporting younger illegal immigrants.

Lisbeth Cadena, 12, is breathing easier now that the United States will stop deporting and begin giving work permits to younger illegal immigrants.

Cadena was brought to the U.S. illegally from Mexico by her mother when she was 7 years old.

Both have since been living in the shadows, afraid of deportation.

“Well now I’m kinda like calm knowing that they can’t deport me back to Mexico. Because, before I was a little scared since my mom talked to me about maybe if the ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] police saw me they might send me back to Mexico.” said Cadena.

The executive reprieve will affect young undocumented immigrants who have been in the U.S. for five or more years, have no criminal record and completed some sort of education or military service.

That executive order is expected to affect some 800,000 undocumented immigrants.

“It’s not their fault that we have to move to the United States to make a better living for us and for our children,” said Noel Delgado who immigrated to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and now lives legally in Pierson.

Pierson is known as the Fern Capital of the World and home to one of Central Florida’s largest Mexican migrant communities.

Although many of those young children of illegal immigrants are celebrating, they’re concerned about the fate of their parents.

They realize the reprieve affects them and know their parents can be deported at any given moment.

Cadena says her mother is in the process of trying to legalize her status.

In the meantime, her mother is looking over her shoulder until she becomes a legal citizen in the United States or obtains a work permit.

Flora Duh on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Bmore on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Too bad you ain’t got a link to the thread.

Lanceman on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM