Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on June 17, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time once again to pay the tab and pick the Obamateurism of the Week!  The key is to choose your priorities ahead of time, and to decide what your priorities actually are.  If you need a partner to help you dodge the responsibility — or a whole lot of them — feel free to do so, but as long as you pick one of these five, you’ll be doing fine.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

All five indicate that we have a failing administration. Does he even have a clue? Number three goes hand in hand with the first choice. Number five is just so typical of what we have come to expect.

jazzuscounty on June 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM

If it wasn’t for “the private sector is doing fine”, the climate change one should have been up there. Just WOW!

MrX on June 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM

No brainer for this week, for a president with no friggin brain.

Wolfmoon on June 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM

He stiffed the rib joint because they didn’t serve waffles.

hepcat on June 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Lord Jesus, I beg of you! Please do not force us to put up with Mr. Obama for another term!

Vntnrse on June 17, 2012 at 8:49 PM

#1

141 days
2 hours
53 mins
19 sec

Green eyed Lady on June 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM

And it might begin to reach you
Why I give a damn about my fellow man;
And it might begin to teach you
How to give a damn about your fellow man

J_Crater on June 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Baby look at me
And tell me what you see.
You ain’t seen the best of me yet
Give me time, I’ll make you forget the rest.
I got more in me, and you can set it free

J_Crater on June 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

MrX on June 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Gotta agree with this.

Setting your sights on climate change? So should this economy ever recover, your plan would be to overwhelm it with new climate change rules and regulations? Man, that is some SMART power, right there!

Hill60 on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

There really needs to be a choice for all of the above. That all of this incompetence, arrogance and stupidity happened in one week is mind-boggling. And yet he’s the smartest president ever.

mcc4 on June 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM