Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

How happy do you think Romney is that, two days after he committed to making his first non-Fox Sunday morning appearance of the year, The One dropped a DREAM Act bombshell on him? Now, instead of spending 20 minutes attacking Obama on the economy, he’ll spend 20 minutes squirming through questions about whether he’d reverse O’s decision as president, what he has in mind for his own version of DREAM, and whether he thinks it’s possible to avoid a complete intraparty clusterfark over this issue. Makes me wonder if the White House didn’t accelerate the timing of yesterday’s policy shift because they knew Romney had nowhere to hide this weekend.

Here’s the line-up via WaPo. Plouffe, McCain, Graham, even Kim Strassel of the amnesty-friendly Wall Street Journal: Is there a single person on any show this weekend who opposes DREAM on the merits? Rich Lowry’s the only possibility that I see. Pawlenty might privately oppose it too, but as a top Romney surrogate he’s not going to come out strongly against it. Especially in a forum as prominent as this.

NBC’s Meet the Press: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; David Maraniss, Washington Post; Doris Kearns Goodwin, presidential historian; Mark Halperin, Time; former Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN); Kim Strassel, Wall Street Journal

CBS’ Face the Nation: Mitt Romney; former Vermont Governor Howard Dean; Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC); Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal; Rich Lowry, National Review; Jan Crawford, CBS; John Dickerson, CBS and Slate

ABC’s This Week: David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN); George Will, ABC News; Matthew Dowd, ABC News; former Obama economic adviser Austan Goolsbee; Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Nation

Fox News Sunday: David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT); Michael Hayden, former CIA Director; Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard; Joe Trippi, former Howard Dean campaign manager; Karl Rove, former Bush White House senior adviser; Juan Williams, Fox News

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Oooh, Romney telling Schieffer that people he’s meeting “out there in the country” are asking him “Why does my own government see me as the enemy?” Schieffer just about sh*t his pants on that one. A good soundbite. And all in all, Schieffer is being pretty darned easy on Mitt.

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I love the use of “passive aggressive” as means to indicate that polite disagreement is a sign of metal illness. So if you disagree with someone and call them everything but a child of God, that’s constructive dialogue? This just in, I’ve seen the Andrew Klavan video, I know “shut up” when I see it. No thanks.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Are you a pimple on Dire Strait’s ass? :)

A visual I didn’t need this Fathers Day

socalcon on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

bluefox, he does look presidential; calm, measured and sure of his comments.

Says this country needs to change attitude. We’re headed down the road to serfdom a la Europe. Zero has no vision for success; we need to get this country away from the cliff’s edge.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So you’re objecting to my complaining about being called a lib Obama supporter, but you noticeably fail to object to the fact that in this thread I was called a lib Obama supporter. See how it works?

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yes, I do see how it works. I didn’t call you an Obama supporter, and It’s not my job to defend you. I’m not objecting to you complaining about being called a Obama supporter. I’m objecting to you lying and claiming that I called you an Obama supporter. I’m objecting to you dishonestly asserting that everyone here is calling you an Obama supporter, when that isn’t even remotely the case, where as you on the other hand have clearly attempted to paint everyone here who even moderately supports Romney as some kind of jackbooted thug.

Yes, I do see very clearly how it works, the question is. Do you.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

but yet WE’RE the ones who are dishonest libs.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Correct.

taternuggets on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Wallace did a nice job, he really exposed Plouffe and the huge differences between the posturing of Obama on leaks, and the actions taken by Bush.

They have Plouffe on three of four big talks this am. Are they desperate to regain control of narratives that are spinning out of control? If the Wallace interview is any indication, Plouffe isn’t going to influence those narratives one bit.

I’m no Rove fan, but he is dropping some bombs on the panel.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

You continue to say Mitt Romney is not Conservative enough. You claim to be a Palin fan. Yet you give no compliment to Sarah unless it is quoting some critique of her’s of the GOP establishment and you are incapable of voicing fault of this administration. Set us straight here and tell us what this President has specifically done so poorly to damage our country that Mitt Romney would not be able to fix.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

You are engaging a “tantrum voter”. There is no message which will ever get past the attitude:

“This candidate is SO flawed because he does not ENTIRELY agree with ME and MY positions. All of you are sheep being led to slaughter. Only MY opinions are informed OPINIONS.”

Let him rant without response and he WILL go away when his tantrums get NO attention.

PolAgnostic on June 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

but yet WE’RE the ones who are dishonest libs.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Correct.

taternuggets on June 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Yes. Correct. Now go away.

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Mitt reminiscing about his dad. Very sweet.

What he wrote down in primary debates: Always wrote “Dad” at the top of his page.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Swalker
You seem to be beating it like a drum…..;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

mitt says the government has to a “friend to the people”.

could one of mitts supporters interpret that for me. i’m not severeley conservative enough to understand.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Ann doing well with her MS for the last 10 years; very strong.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

The fact that he was elected in the first place, dumbass. Read my comments ever since that time. And then call me a liberal again.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Your behavior, and that of a couple others here, is indistinguishable from that of paid liberal democrat (as if there are any other kinds since Zell Miller was purged) on-line activists participating in a vote-suppression operation.

If you are or are not liberal is irrelevant… you’ve given us no reason to think otherwise.

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I love the use of “passive aggressive”

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Surprise!!!

Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

renain, the government should be your partner in success, not your oppressor, daddy or nanny who feeds you and tells you what to eat and how to live.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

ddrintn,

This is funny. You can’t even feign displeasure with president Obama, can you? Do you want an out? A dodge?

Try this so I can at least get an answer and go riding.

“Hawkdriver, you (insert text insinuation of expletive) I don’t have to say anything you (insert text insinuation of expletive) Mitt-Bots haven’t already said about him and it’s disrespectful to the office.”

I give you my permission to just cut and paste it. Feel free to add your own real text insinuations of expletives though. That way you’ll feel like you’ve won an exchange for once and I’ll feel better because I’ll be able to go riding.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

mitt says the government has to a “friend to the people”.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Friends don’t break into your house and steal food off your plate while you are eating it while chastising you for not thinking globally.

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

mitt says the government has to a “friend to the people”.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

He said that in the context of people all over the country asking him why their government sees them — the American people — as “the enemy.” It was an indictment of Barack and the democrats, who do not like this nation nor its people, and see us as nothing more than slaves in service to their ambitions. It was a nice little comment for Mitt to get in there. If that’s the sound bite tomorrow — “Mitt says Americans believe Obama sees them as ‘the enemy’” — well, good.

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Wow, RIP Rodney King.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I don’t want the government to be a partner in my success…

I can be successful on my own, thank you!

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Add, and feeds you by stealing the wealth of others who are productive thus creating a vicious cycle of dependency.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Swalker
You seem to be beating it like a drum…..;)

angrymike on June 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This is not something that makes me happy or that I relish, when you can get ddrintn on subjects that are not Romney, he/she isn’t so irrational or childish and often has very insightful comments. This is just one subject where he/she really loses it.

I was and remain a huge Sarah Palin fan, and remember that ddrintn fought like he11 to defend Sarah, I haven’t forgotten that. I don’t think ddrintn is a liberal or an Obama supporter, but his/her irrational bitter opposition to Romney does provoke other people to question his/her motives.

I neither can nor would defend ddrintn behavior on that issue, ddrintn needs to do that his/her self. So far, his/her behavior has been less than mature.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Wow, RIP Rodney King.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Really. RIP Rodney.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Jeez, Howard Dean is an ass.

Night Owl on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Moonbat Howard Dean. Howard: Mitt just explained why he wants to be president. Apparently you had your fingers in your ears while shouting “Lalalala I can’t hear you”.

Predicts the decision to allow amnesty-lite to illegals is the end of the road for Romney. LOL.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I saw that:-) I think the one on one interview was good too. Didn’t have to hear all of the sniping and interruptions from Dean and the others that are now on. Of course that has a downside, since they can now attack Romney and he can’t respond.

I thot the interview was very fair and allowed Romney to answer the various issues.

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Can’t we all just get along?

Guess not.

RIP, Rodney.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Lindsay says amnesty-lite is pandering, causes more administrative problems than it solves, does nothing for the majority of illegals, will not fix jack with a broken immigration system.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Do you remember the olden days? Those dark times when George W Bush flouted the will of Congress with signing statements and executive orders? Those days when Senator Obama railed against the “unitary executive” who refused to live within the Constitutional constraints that even a POTUS is subject to?

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM

mitt wants to allow pre conditions. that means single payer. who will pay. we will. just “friends” you say?
i call it socialism.

using friend and government in the same sentence is a red flag that someones a big government elitist.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Disagreeing with you politely is not passive aggressive, it’s disagreeing with you politely. Your and others use of the term is a bullying tactic. I know it is easier to dismiss people who rant but when you stoop to the level pseudo intellectual name calling, it is all the same. Just agree to disagree and move on.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

everyone should just get an App for TMZ.

Drudge is so post-TMZ.

PappyD61 on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hey Cindy and Happy Sunday.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

They don’t want to listen. They just want to lie and distort.
Now Dean is saying “these are just kids” and then goes on to talk about them being in the Military. From what I read this “policy” change would apply to those 30 years of age and under.

Lindsay Graham is doing pretty good, although I don’t agree with him most of the time:-)

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Flora Duh on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

So young! It’s unfortunate to become famous for so many bad choices, I wonder if he ever realized it?

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Overall a puffball interview by Scheiffer…surprisingly…and Howard Dean sniffs musty jocks.

jan3 on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Yep.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Yeah, the more things change…LOL.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012

…there’s a new thread up…just dedicated to you!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Hi, dearest! Happy Fathers Day. Isn’t ddrintn another of the disenfranchised supporters of Gov. Palin? I can understand his feelings, if his ideal candidate is Sarah, Mitt Romney is never going to be a substitute. I don’t agree with he determination not to vote for Gov. Romney or his constant need to get beat up about it but it is his vote.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Peggy Noonan, I liked you better when you wrote speeches for Reagan. Now, meh.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Overall a puffball interview by Scheiffer…surprisingly
jan3 on June 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Well, good. LOL

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Good morning, Cindy.

For some, having their silliness dissected politely is worse than being rudely ripped to shreds. No surprise the result is an attempt to mischaracterize common courtesy as passive aggression.

You are far more patient than I.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Sure. Nobody said they were the same thing. Why are you suggesting that? Can you link to anyone saying that passive-aggressive behavior equates polite disagreement?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM

That’s it ddrintn? Nothing else. Dude, I can’t wait so I’m going to recap for you.

1. You said nothing new.
2. You made no revelations about your positions that you haven’t already asserted several hundred times in the same manner.
3. You could literally cut and paste your monotonous point.
4. Contrary to your claim, people willing to vote for Mitt Romney still are able to have reasonable concerns about his positions and reasonable hardcore Romney supporters can be reasonable here in discussing those topics.

That really doesn’t appear to what you’re about at all though. Again, just for the sheer representative nature of your contributions here, if I were the Grand Marshall of the mallet swinging brigade, your days would be numbered.

Anyone who in the primaries gave you any credence “then” that doesn’t realize or admit “now” that you’re not what you claim to be … is just naive.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

The contemptible van den Heuvel is sitting nest to George Will on This Week. Will is visibly repulsed.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

You too have far more patience than I.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I don’t disagree. But I’m honestly doubting he’s really a Palin fan. Seems a more convenient excuse to rail on every candidate that did run though.

I am heading out though. A happy FD to your hubby too and I wish that you guys could have made the trip to get what must be his FD gift this year. (And I would also hope I’m not in the doghouse for helping him get it)

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

This is not even the point…Obama has not only decided that he will not enforce the law, he has contradicted himself in an obvious attempt to bribe people into voting for him.

And he is trying to mess with Rubio as well..this is just politics.

Back during the immigration debacle a few years ago, Obama put every poison pill in that bill he could think of because he thought it was too tough..and then he promised that when he became President he would pass another bill. He passed Obamacare instead.

This is just politics.

Terrye on June 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

You too have far more patience than I.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

But I have far too little proofreading skills.

This should be …

“That really doesn’t appear to what you’re about at all though. Again, just for the sheer representative repeditive nature of your contributions here, if I were the Grand Marshall of the mallet swinging brigade, your days would be numbered.”

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

repetitive …

Must leave now.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

It is true though..a lot of people feel as if their government is out to get them. I hear it every day.

Terrye on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Here it is and I’ve had the same tactic used when I have disagreed. Usually by Mittwits, who can’t be satisfied with a November vote but want full blown devotion. So I both sympathize with ddrintn’s dilemma but dislike the tactic.

Oh, can the passive-aggressive bullshit. You and your ilk sit around accusing anyone who’s vocally not too thrilled with Romney of being liberal O-bot OWSer socialist Moby trolls blahblahblah, and when someone responds in kind it’s an “anger issue”.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I love the use of “passive aggressive”

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Surprise!!!

Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Yes, Cindy, you do use playful, indirect humor occasionally to make your point. I’ve not observed you being petty, mean or snide which is the darker side of passive aggressive. In contrast, joana barrels in like a twenty-ton locomotive smashing anything and everything in her path. I prefer your style, which is wise and tolerant, to joana’s.

That’s not to say that I don’t often agree with joana, since she uses logic and facts to back up her statements. However, the bad taste her opinions leave in my mind from her truculent style wipes out any effect she might have persuading me in any deep way. Not that I think she cares about that; I think she just wants to come in and jar others with her self-righteous and purposefully grating opinions sort of like Jenfidel used to do.

I guess when Jenfidel left, there was a niche to fill and joana came to all of our rescue and filled it.

Burke on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Rodney King dead at age 47

Flora Duh on June 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

PCP addict with a history of violent behavior dies young.

Stop the presses!

/sarc

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Absolutely not, I appreciate you putting the time and effort in the task. We’ll get together again sometime. Would love to see pictures of home project.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

You’re gonna’ have to define “partner”.

‘Government involvement’ and ‘success’ are mutually exclusive, unless you’re a politician.

listens2glenn on June 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

everyone should just get an App for TMZ.

Drudge is so post-TMZ.

PappyD61 on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Not much updating on the weekends. I think Drudge takes Saturday and Sunday off.

msupertas on June 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I love the use of “passive aggressive”

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Surprise!!!

Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM

If you weren’t suggesting that Cindy’s courteous manner is simply passive aggression in disguise, that she knows it, and that she enjoys engaging in a deceptive form of passive aggression, just exactly what did you mean?

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM

We already have people who stood in line and got a green card- a worker’s visa to come into the country to work. I expect they are feeling like suckers right about now, not to mention all the low skilled American labor that can’t compete with cheap illegal labor. Obama thinks this is the way to pander to the Hispanic voter? I am pretty sure Hispanics are unemployed at a higher rate than whites right now so I don’t see how making them compete with illegal labor is a winner in November? That’s the problem with progressives they are superficially pandering. Progressives think about how things “look” optics, they don’t think about the consequences. Someone who is voting in November especially unemployed isn’t worried about being Politically Correct, they are worried about putting food on the table. Now Obama has forced them to compete with illegal aliens for work.

Dr Evil on June 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Halpern of TIME magazine on Meet the Press …………

“President Obama is not a politician.”

This was in response to David Gregory saying Romney claimed he was not a politician but thought of himself more like a businessman. Which is true if you review his history. He only held any kind of office once, as governor of Mass. The rest of his life he was involved with or running a business.

Just like Obama, right Halpern?

What an idiot shill.

fogw on June 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Heh. Go. Didn’t you say you were going for a ride? Be safe and enjoy it, man. You earned it. Reminds me of the guy who hit himself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Burke on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

That’s the thing, none of us agree on everything. Ever. I have deeply disappointed people sometimes. It isn’t my intention but that’s what happens.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

And yet you can’t present a single example except the very convenient one left by your friend.

Who are these people anyway? The, to use your childlike name-calling, “Mittwits”? Who exactly demanded, as you say with your typically hyperbolic style, “full blown devotion”?

It seems to me that you just make that stuff up to stir the pot. Then, when people reply to you in the same form, you play the victim card. Just like you’d staunchly defend angryed when people were calling him out for being a liberal troll and a bigot and attack those calling him out suggesting they were Romney fanatics who simply had difficulties dealing with disagreement.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Ruh-roh, thread hijacked at 10:43 AM…

Del Dolemonte on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

…the roommate showed up!

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

For once, you’re 100% correct.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I meant exactly that. When did I say I mean something differently?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You are far more patient than I.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Patience is what happens when you get old. Or it is in my case.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I don’t think anyone doubts that King had issues and was a flawed person in some respects. Nevertheless, I have some sympathy for the man, who was swept up by events that dwarfed his capacities to manage.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I’m a lot of things, but naive isn’t one of them and I think you are mistaken. ddrintn is as far as I can tell a hardcore Palin supporter who feels betrayed because the GOP didn’t support Palin, his/her behavior is bitterly irrational with a very liberal splashing of disillusionment.

I love Sarah Palin, and while disappointed that she decided not to run accept that the decision was her’s and her’s alone to make. Mitt Romney isn’t the candidate I wanted, but to quote former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, “You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.”

In this particular case Mitt Romney is not the perfect Conservative Candidate, what he is though, is the candidate who fought it out with the other Republican candidates to secure the republican nomination.

Like it or not, Mitt Romney IS the Candidate that anyone who believes that Obama is leading America in the wrong direction, that Obama is destroying the American economy has to go to war with.

I want Obama out of the Whitehouse, and whether I believe Mitt Romney is as Conservative as I want him to be or not, I recognize that a) The majority of Republicans chose him as their Candidate, and b) he is the only serious candidate with any chance of unseating Barack Obama.

Unlike ddrintn and some others here I am mature enough to set aside my disappointment and disillusionment that my preferred candidate isn’t the GOP nomination and get down to the work of evicting Barack Obama from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Burke on June 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

1 – You’re right, I don’t care. My arguments stand by themselves. I don’t need to score tone and style points.

2 – I’m never belligerent towards posters who don’t show animosity towards me first. Painting me as the offender is kind of funny. Do you want me to copy paste the insults that have been directed at me just in the last 72 hours? I leave 90% of them unanswered – I reply to those that amuse me when I have time to waste.

And now I’m back to policy and horse-racing issues, you carry one the small-talk if you so desire.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Yeah, and you call everybody who is even a mild Romney supporter and who disagrees with you ,Stalin and every name in th book…so shut up already… your comments are preposterous, especially when you play the victim card, while you are the most bitter, irrational commenter here who doesn’t make an iota of sense…guess somebody had to fill angryed’ s place….he mimicked the true con for a long time too until he had the meltdown and he couldn’t get hinself to impersonate it anylonger…so you can skip difectly to the meltdown part, we will be grateful…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yep, that’s right, you run with that. I made it up. Why are you so offended at the term Mittwitt, you said yourself that Gov. Romney is not nearly conservative enough for you but the best of the options. This just in, I think Palinistas, and Ronulans and Mittwitts, are very clever names for supporters and if you get offended, I believe you take yourself far too seriously.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am far more patient than I once was, but I suspect you have always been a more patient person than I am.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

bluefox, he does look presidential; calm, measured and sure of his comments.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

The hypocritical comments from Dean and the rest are pitiful. They criticize
Romney for not giving details on his plans to fix all of the various issues
that our Country is facing.

Too bad they didn’t ask the same from Obama when he was running for Office.

Oh, well they are what they are; part of the problem, not the solution.

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Amen! When it is all said and done, they are all politicians! Except Obama, I’m not quite sure what he is but he needs to be a one term wonder. Even at that we will be putting up with him for the rest of our lives.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Again, who are those insufferable people who demand “full blown devotion”? Do you have quotes for that or not?

Let me guess: you reply will be another personal attack – sure, I take myself far too seriously, whatever you say – wrapped on a holier-than-thou tone?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I’m just heading out here but your comment is really a stretch. ddrintn did make a comment about passive-aggressive debating here. Cindy responded to the exchange. You very clearly insinuated she was herself guilty of the behavior. Which she’s not. Now you want to act like Cindy stirred some pot that you injected yourself into? Please! If you dislike pleasant exchanges. Avoid Cindy. If you like vitriolic exchanges try to start debates with folks more like yourself.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Speaking for myself, I’m proud to be a Mittwit!

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

This just in:

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Speaking for myself, I’m proud to be a Mittwit!

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Just as I am still proud to be a Palinista.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

This just in:

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Is it really necessary for you to be such an ass?

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

We have to agree to disagree. Is that okay with you?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Nope. I said she usually does it.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I meant exactly that. When did I say I mean something differently?

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Your comment at 11:15 was an attempt to change the subject.

Your portrayal of Cindy as some kind of deceptive sadist will not be shared by the vast majority of members of this forum. Her long history of courtesy and respect others speaks for itself.

And your short and unpleasant history here also speaks for itself.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Speaking for myself, I’m proud to be a Mittwit!

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

And so do many :)…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

This just in:

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

That’s funny:-)

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

See you later, folks. Time to take my mom to church. Have a wonderful Father’s Day.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

This just in:

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

She hasn’t said that it would be better that Obama be re-elected than for Mitt Romney to win either.

Something our resident pro-Obama sock puppets have said numerous times.

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

And your short and unpleasant history here also speaks for itself.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

A short unpleasant history that combined with a link in her nic to a politicians donation pages reeks of professional paid political operative.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Damn ! . . . And I suspected it all along, too.

listens2glenn on June 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Something our resident pro-Obama sock puppets have said numerous times.

Alberta_Patriot on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I can’t find a post where anyone said Romney would be worse than Obama.

You have a link for that?

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

If opinions are still allowed on HA…. joana likes to agitate and changes her remarks like the weather. A moby/troll thrives on insults and mainly distraction. Take over a thread and then it’s all about the moby and the other commenters. Just like libfreeordie. That is the objective.

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

This just in:

Palin hasen’t endorsed Romney, she must be a liberal plant…

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

And now is that relevant, besides you have no idea if she will endorse him or not in th e future…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

How is that…

jimver on June 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

MJBrutus on June 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

And you should be. I remember the time in my life when I thought that one man had the answers and I hope you are right about our candidate. Gov. Romney may be the perfect man for the times we live in. That may not be what I think right now but I have zero problem with being wrong.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Your comment at 11:15 was an attempt to change the subject.

And your short and unpleasant history here also speaks for itself.

novaculus on June 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Again, we have to agree to disagree.

I’ll keep calling out Cindy for her passive-aggressive behaviour towards me and others whenever I feel appropriate. Certainly in a situation like this.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Sorry, opinions no longer allowed.

But we won’t ban you for it . . . . . . this time.

listens2glenn on June 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

We have to agree to disagree. Is that okay with you?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Nope. I said she usually does it.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Lady, on one hand you say you were very clearly doing exactly that to one commenter and yet we’ll just have to “agree to disagree” that you were? Next you rail about people “insulting” you on a thread where your clear intent was to place yourself in a conversation for the sole purpose of insulting a commenter here known largely for her civility.

How about this? How about you stick to your pragmatic shilling for your guy and just thank your lucky stars your abrasive nature doesn’t turn more people away from doing the right thing this Fall.

The primaries are over. We didn’t need your virtual whip cracking then and it’s even more offensive now.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Darlin’, ddrintn used the term, I objected and you threw yourself in the middle of the conversation with what I have to assume was the reaction of a guilty consciousness. Now you have determined to proudly stand by the use of pop psychiatry as a tactic for “winning” a political argument, knock yourself out. I am sure the hosts appreciate the comment count.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM