Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on June 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

How happy do you think Romney is that, two days after he committed to making his first non-Fox Sunday morning appearance of the year, The One dropped a DREAM Act bombshell on him? Now, instead of spending 20 minutes attacking Obama on the economy, he’ll spend 20 minutes squirming through questions about whether he’d reverse O’s decision as president, what he has in mind for his own version of DREAM, and whether he thinks it’s possible to avoid a complete intraparty clusterfark over this issue. Makes me wonder if the White House didn’t accelerate the timing of yesterday’s policy shift because they knew Romney had nowhere to hide this weekend.

Here’s the line-up via WaPo. Plouffe, McCain, Graham, even Kim Strassel of the amnesty-friendly Wall Street Journal: Is there a single person on any show this weekend who opposes DREAM on the merits? Rich Lowry’s the only possibility that I see. Pawlenty might privately oppose it too, but as a top Romney surrogate he’s not going to come out strongly against it. Especially in a forum as prominent as this.

NBC’s Meet the Press: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; David Maraniss, Washington Post; Doris Kearns Goodwin, presidential historian; Mark Halperin, Time; former Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN); Kim Strassel, Wall Street Journal

CBS’ Face the Nation: Mitt Romney; former Vermont Governor Howard Dean; Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC); Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal; Rich Lowry, National Review; Jan Crawford, CBS; John Dickerson, CBS and Slate

ABC’s This Week: David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN); George Will, ABC News; Matthew Dowd, ABC News; former Obama economic adviser Austan Goolsbee; Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Nation

Fox News Sunday: David Plouffe, White House senior adviser; Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT); Michael Hayden, former CIA Director; Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard; Joe Trippi, former Howard Dean campaign manager; Karl Rove, former Bush White House senior adviser; Juan Williams, Fox News

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Whatever you used to contribute to the dialog here has descended to troll status. Old, broken and repeated. You no longer make any buzz that you’re not voting. There’s no “revelation”. You say it on every thread. Fine, everyone gets it. …

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Same goes for rah-rah stuff like “Obama’s a dog-eating socialist commie and he needs to go” over and over. We know. We get it.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM

folks are worried about the economy, these are back burner issues that are not going to get them a job….

cmsinaz on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Banned for thinking and saying the truth: that Romney’s a weak candidate. How totalitarian of you.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Well, you’ve said it at least three thousand four hundred and thirty seven times. How many more time do we have to endure your single-minded opinion about one issue on one man? Does giving you one more day to repeat yourself make me more magnanimous?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What do you consider the worst aspect of the Obama tenure as President?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

You’re no less irritating but at least you acknowledge you’re a liberal. Unlike these very very very concerned republicans and libertarians that claim Romney’s not getting their vote.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Point out to me ANY liberal policy or philosophy that I’ve ever condoned, supported or tried to rationalize. ANY of them. OK?

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

And I don’t insult the President in that manner, so you’re telling the wrong guy about the pooch buffet.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

You are aware that this is a conservative blog….right?? It’s where we get to vent our frustration with the currant administration.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Point to any criticism you’ve made of The President. I don’t recall one.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Obama is fixing unemployment huh . . .

[Dr Evil on June 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM]

Oblameo is only concerned with fixing his unemployment problem. He has become addicted to slopping around the Oval Office in royal attire (flip-flops and cutoffs), propping his feet on the desk, and pretending to be king.

Perks like those are damn hard to find in Kenya.

TheClearRiver on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

cmsinaz on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Folks are worried about the economy, but the economy isn’t the only aspect of existence. It’s all interconnected. The advice is for Romney to harp on the economy because it’s generally acknowledged (whether explicitly or not) that he’s weak.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Same goes for pointing out how much Obama sucks, but you don’t object to that, totalitarian. I’m sick of these groupthinking goon squad types with their own little purity tests and their calls for the Ban Hammer when they can’t really argue a point.

What do you consider the worst aspect of the Obama tenure as President?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

The fact that he was elected in the first place, dumbass. Read my comments ever since that time. And then call me a liberal again.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What do you consider the worst aspect of the Obama tenure as President?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Waiting.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

shhhhhhhhh!…his mouth is still full!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Right, it’s supposed to be a conservative blog. Not an appendage of Team Romney or the RNC.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

People need to be continually reminded that any form of a “Dream Act” will be that much more positive reinforcement for Mexicans to sneak their families into the US illegally.

Sure their kids are “innocent” but we need to look after our own first – just like they do (check out their not so friendly immigration policies).

The correct response to Obama’s “It’s the right thing to do” is that it’s the right thing to do to protect our own, our own children against illegal job competition and to protect our borders.

Chessplayer on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

neither deserve my vote..do they deserve yours?

Pragmatic on June 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Let’s see, no, they don’t deserve my vote, but as a citizen of the U.S. I have the priviledge to vote for one of the two serious contenders for president.

Since Obama is clearly a disaster, my vote will go to Romney. Am I happy about it? Not necessarily. Do I want Obama, his Czars, Cabinet members and his ability to nominate the next Supreme Court justice voted out of DC? You betcha!

I’d love to have someone like Sarah Palin in the White House but right now we are at a point where “Le mieux est l’ennemi du bien.” Perfect isn’t available, good will have to do.

Fallon on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

no more wimps in the white house…no to mittens milquetoast and barak “I’m an America-hating socialist” Obama!

NOMITTNOBAMA 2012!

neither deserve my vote..do they deserve yours?

Pragmatic on June 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Melodramatic conern troll is melodramatic and concerned.

fossten on June 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Do you also have anger issues with the real world?

Let’s try this again. If you want to try again to exchange more civilly, what aspect of President Obama’s tenure has been most damaging to our country in your opinion. You seem to have no trouble with specificity in your dogmatic harping on Mitt Romney. What policy, action or behavior of this President do you think damaged out republic worse?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What do you consider the worst aspect of the Obama tenure as President?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Waiting.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Good Lord, totalitarian. Go back and look at any of the topics over the past three years. If anyone;’s anything less that orgasmic over His Mittness, they’d better shut up about it or they’re O-bots.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012

….are you joana’s roommate?

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Let’s try this again. If you want to try again to exchange more civilly…

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Oh, can the passive-aggressive bullshit. You and your ilk sit around accusing anyone who’s vocally not too thrilled with Romney of being liberal O-bot OWSer socialist Moby trolls blahblahblah, and when someone responds in kind it’s an “anger issue”.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012

….are you joana’s roommate?

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Are you a pimple on Dire Strait’s ass? :)

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Chris Wallace is tearing Plouffe a new a**hole on the leaks.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

NOMITTNOBAMA 2012!

neither deserve my vote..do they deserve yours?

Pragmatic on June 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It doesn’t matter what either of them deserve.

What matters is that I (because I’m only speaking for myself) don’t deserve “four more years”.

listens2glenn on June 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Melodramatic conern troll is melodramatic and concerned.

fossten on June 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Why don’t you ‘bots just copy and paste that line and put it up whenever anyone expresses anything other than “Mitt’s gonna kick ass in November!!! Yeah, babayyyyyyy!!!!!” You probably do anyway.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I am supporting Romney because he is our candidate.I’ve been a supporter since Perry dropped out. He won fair and square. You cna keep howling at the moon because you don’t like him..and I’m sure you will. We don’t need to ignore his faults and missteps, but as the one running to oust Obama, he has my full support.

If you don’t like it here, why to you keep coming to every Romney thread to bitch.
Start your own anti-Romney blog where everyone will agree with you.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Plouffe said Romeny would veto the Dream Act, forgetting that Congress would NEVER pass it–and hasn’t.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Oh, can the passive-aggressive bullshit.

Passive-agressive is your “code” for your excuse to get angry when you’re losing an argument while the other person isn’t getting angry. It probably only sounds feasible to you. I’d bet no one else reading the exchange is buying it either.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Lashing out with accusations doesn’t disguise the fact that you are utterly incapable of making a statement of any form giving specific critique to this President.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Do people watch this on a regular basis? Hideous. Truly hideous, like a parody of self-important, way down on the food chain royals. Ugh.

Rational Thought on June 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM

THIS

I watch Meet the Press just for David Gregory.

He’s the white Obama. All bluster, pomposity, portent, and…very, very stupid.

CorporatePiggy on June 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM

If it’s possible, Plouffe on Fox News is coming off almost as bad as Axelrod has in the past.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM

And Romney’s answer is to redirect by asking, stating, reminding and demanding that the talking heads realize and acknowledge that Obarry is shuffling the deck chairs while the US Economy is badly listing… and doing so while the worldwide economic situation is full of looming icebergs.
Of course Romney will not get a free pass but if he uses the current unemployment data and Barry’s debt record as a shield he may be able to score a few points.

RalphyBoy on June 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM

oh great. the romney shills are out in full force this morning. i’m waiting to hear mitts mealy mouthed response to the amnesty question and the unbridled but unquestioned support his minions will give.

mitt supporter: lots of illegals are going to be quietly voting for mitt.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

BTW, I’m sure you’d forgotten since you were so very busy being concerned with the outcome of the republican primary, but I took quite a bit of flack for defending your right to have reservations. Most folks would probably get a chuckle out of you insinuating I was a Bot. I favored Perry and Santorum.

And come to think of it, as I cannot ever recall you saying a single word of incurred displeasure with our President, I cannot recall a single candidate that you said you were pulling for over Mitt Romney. Who were you pulling for?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012

….are you joana’s roommate?

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Are you a pimple on Dire Strait’s ass? :)

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

…yes!…I’m a traveling pimple!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Ok, we got it, ddrintn. You support Obama. Why get so furious when people mention that fact? You post nothing but comments trashing Mitt, hoping Mitt loses, etc. then claim to be some kind of “true conservative” Palin fan. No wonder other Palin fans want nothing to do with you.

The way you lash out at hawkdriver, who is only asking you sincere, legitimate questions, is pretty ugly and doesn’t win you many fans.

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Plouffe seems rattled when talking about the economy on Fox News. It’s fun to watch him mentally search for his talking points.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

What . . . behavior of this President do you think damaged out republic worse?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

All the empty “Puppy Nugget” boxes, he throws on the White House lawn.

TheClearRiver on June 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

plouffe getting a pass big time on the leaks issue…they ask did the wh leak, he says no, end of story

*shaking the head*

lsm, just another cog in dear leaders wheel….

cmsinaz on June 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I’ve not lost a damn thing. That’s why I have to be called a liberal troll, and then when I ask for proof of my liberal moonbattiness I get a “Who, me?” from the accuser. That’s your p-a shtick.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Awwww, well thanks so much for bestowing that right. I really appreciate it, I really do.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

…never pulls!…always pinches!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Meh, let it go Hawkdriver, You’re likely to see the average Ronulan grown and and display signs of adult maturity before you see it from ddrintn, and the Ronulans pretty much all called Rand Paul a traitor for endorsing Mitt Romney.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

not a Palin fan? well knock me down with a wet noodle.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Hooray!

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I didn’t understand your comment. Why hooray?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

LOL, Palin was right the other night. In an age of deceit (and delusion), telling the truth is a revolutionary thing indeed.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

ddrintn’s not a Ronulan…

Try again..:)

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

He isn’t trying to win fans, he’s trying to spread Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. It’s an old marketing trick to destroy competition.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I didn’t understand your comment. Why hooray?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Because someone here finally confronted them. I meant it as a compliment. I had my pom poms at the ready.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

oh and i forgot to add. in case someone from another planet just happended to start reading this blog the only reason mitts supporters are voting for him is because they THINK he’s not obama. is that funny or what.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Who is them?

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

i stand with you.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

ddrintn’s not a Ronulan…

Try again..:)

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Reading comprehension’s not your forte is it? I never said, nor suggested he was, I said you would more likely see adult maturity out of a Ronulan before you would out of ddrintn.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

One, you’ve never held your ground on a single issue you assert. You lose any point you’re making today by not being able to say a cross word against this President. You don’t have it in you. You can’t.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

No you don’t.

And BTW, you’re inventing parts of the conversation again. I didn’t call you a liberal.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Romney did say he would veto it.
There wasn’t a Perry fan watching the debates who didn’t know 99% of what Romney was saying on immigration was going to come back to bite him in the rear. Basically because you KNEW he’d have to flip again once the nominee. Sorry, guy, you brought it on just to get Perry out.

Marcus on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

cmsinaz on June 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

If it’s any consolation–and it’s probably not–Wallace seemed to do a lot of homework on this with regard to special prosecutors during the Bush years. He made Plouffe look like a total weasel. Wallace mentioned that in Plame, Bush ORDERED his staff to come forward. Wallace couldn’t get a promise from Plouffe that Obama would order his staff to come forward. Also, Wallace mentioned that Bush himself sat down for half an hour of interrogation. Wallace couldn’t get Plouffe to promise that Obama would do the same. Finally, Wallace pointed out in the Abrahamoff matter–which had nothing to do with anything as serious as national security–Obama wrote a letter demanding a special prosecutor. Again, Plouffe looked like a weasel trying to dodge the question.

If you haven’t seen it, look for the replay later today.

Wallace is now reiterating these same questions to Lieberman. Lieberman agreed on the first two points and also says we need a special counsel.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

You mean the way that anyone who’s not a ROmney bootlicker is automatically an O-bot? You ought to know the technique pretty well.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Them there’s union-thug tactics, folks.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I got it. Thanks.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Mitt’s on deck on Face the Nation. And nutbag Howard Dean.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM

And now for something out of left field: For great original hits from the 40′s, 50′s, and 60′s, tune into John Christopher’s streaming 24/7 musical extravaganza “The Neon Beat” by clicking here.

(disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with John Christopher or The Neon Beat. I’m simply a fan of the show.)

locomotivebreath1901 on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I see that honesty is also one of those things that we will see out of the Ronulans before we’ll see it out of you as well.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

bluegill on June 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

…OMG!…I haven’t had my coffee yet!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

…OMG!…I haven’t had my coffee yet!

KOOLAID2 on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

SLACKER….. ;p

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Marcus on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

My point is that presidents don’t originate legislation.

I think it’s irrelevant to pose hypothetical legislation that can’t won’t pass Congress.

In effect, my point is who cares whether Romney would veto the Dream Act–he’ll never be asked to do so.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

More p-a garbage. You’ll fling that crap around but when called on it, it never happened and never does happen. Don’t f*cking lecture me on “honesty”, OK?

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Who is them?

idesign on June 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Oh good grief. Go read the first page of the comments. It’s nothing sinister, I can assure you.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Yup, give a neutral, non-binding answer to Amnesty-gate, then respond “Now, regarding the economy”…

hillsoftx on June 17, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I would respond that “Obama is merely handing out his bag of Hispanic candy for votes. He must have already exhausted his supply of Gay Marriage,and war on women candy.

Don L on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

mitt extremely upset that obama upstaged him on opening our borders.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Mitt says young illegals need a long-term solution; stop-gap measures don’t work; Obama has done bupkis for 3.5 years on immigration; those who serve in military should be given full residency; dodges repeal but says it will be replaced by a long-term solution; wants to get immigration reform done; Zero took no action even with a supermajority for 2 years; if Zero thought it was important, he would have done something about it by now.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

thanks buddy, i’ve got it set to tape at 8am our time…

cmsinaz on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

mitt supports pre existing conditions.

are you mittbot so BRAINWASHED that you don’t realize that leads to single payer.

take yer fathers day and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Them there’s union-thug tactics, folks.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

What I said is a Union-Thug tactic? This is amazing to be part of this. Once the wheels start coming off your wagon, you just start shooting in any direction wildly. The comment makes no sense.

You continue to say Mitt Romney is not Conservative enough. You claim to be a Palin fan. Yet you give no compliment to Sarah unless it is quoting some critique of her’s of the GOP establishment and you are incapable of voicing fault of this administration. Set us straight here and tell us what this President has specifically done so poorly to damage our country that Mitt Romney would not be able to fix.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Obamacare: Repeal and allow 10th Amendment to work.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Looks like a squishy panel on Fox News: Kristol, Rove, Joe Trippi, Juan Williams.

BTW: Do these Mexicans kids who protest American symbols really see themselves as Americans? I’d argue for declining the status to anyone pictured in un-American conduct.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Good answer I think. Turn the flack back on Obama.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

you can see a look of utter joy in bob schieffers face listening to mitts answers. this is a guy I could vote for you can see him thinking.

quite fittingly some conservatives er, i mean cows are being led to the slaughter in the background.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Your posts are all the lecture anyone here needs on your honesty. I’ve never called anyone an O-bot because they were not in Romney’s camp. What you are doing IS blatantly dishonest, you are attempting to paint everyone with the remarks and attitudes of a few. Yes, that is dishonest and you are both immature and dishonest for attempting it.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Juan’s blaming GOP and talk-show hosts from comprehensive immigration reform.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

What I said is a Union-Thug tactic? This is amazing to be part of this.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

It is. Read your comment slowly and carefully. That shit has been going on here at least ever since the last open registration. It’s bullying and shouting down and trying to shut up dissent. It’s union thuggery on a friggin’ message board. “You’re not for Mitt??? O-BOT!!!!!!!”

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Like Sam said.

But adding a sixth, regarding the constitutionality, why does the ConLaw Proffessor insist on ignoring the document on which the Republic is founded?

socalcon on June 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

instead of drill baby drill mitt goes for coal and natural gas. WTF!!!!! what about oil dumkopf!

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Time for another stimulus? QE II did not work, encourages inflation; QE III will make it worse; did not create jobs or encourage investment; war on business; government will ease up on businesses in Romney WH; economic council will work with business to determine the best course. No European bailout.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Good answer on Europe: They have to fix THEIR problems.

PolAgnostic on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Romney did say he would veto it.

Marcus on June 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Okay, how exactly did he flip? There was no flip whatsoever regardless of what Plouffe and Axelrod tell you guys.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Anyone who reads this site regularly can tell who’s being more honest here, you or I.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Schieffer cut him off on the energy question.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Yes, they can, and I guarantee you, it isn’t you.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Juan’s blaming GOP and talk-show hosts from comprehensive immigration reform.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Right, because nobody except us right wing extremests want to clost the border. That’s why when the democrats had control of both houses they jumped on immigration reform. (facepalm)

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

So you’re objecting to my complaining about being called a lib Obama supporter, but you noticeably fail to object to the fact that in this thread I was called a lib Obama supporter. See how it works?

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

take yer fathers day and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

My doctor once prescribed renalin when I had piles. Worked wonders.

Del Dolemonte on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yeps. Kudos to the liberals who are honest about who they are, unlike those “I’m too pure to vote for the GOP” concern trolls.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Ruh-roh, thread hijacked at 10:43 AM…

Del Dolemonte on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

What I said is a Union-Thug tactic? This is amazing to be part of this.

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I would implore Conservatives to voice honest opinion in regions where they believe Mitt Romney might be demonstrating leans to the center and left. And I never shout anyone down.

Why can’t you answer my question?

hawkdriver on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

For once, you’re 100% correct.

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Yes, they can, and I guarantee you, it isn’t you.

SWalker on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

More delusion. Rah-rah GOPers are full of it these days, it seems.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Romney is handling that issue very well in my opinion. Not only that, but all of the issues that Schieffer is asking. Energy and Tax Cuts as well, his answers were good. I like the way he’s bringing up Obama’s weaknesses and faults.

bluefox on June 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Iran: Zero is more concerned about Israel striking than Iran becoming nuclear; will take military action to prevent Iran from becoming nuclear; containment is not acceptable.

Philly on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Ruh-roh, thread hijacked at 10:43 AM…

Del Dolemonte on June 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

You mean, “Ruh roh, bot put in a tight spot and I have to come along and talk about hijacking…”

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Calm down. Mitt has supported opening the oil fields and the Keystone pipeline in almost every speech. Get a grip.

bluealice on June 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

joana on June 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yeah, right. We object to the guy who signed the blueprint for ObamaCare into law, but yet WE’RE the ones who are dishonest libs.

ddrintn on June 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

what a nice puff piece this little interview is turning out to be. why doesn’t bob just reach over and french kiss mitt. its clearly mitt payback for throwing Sarah under the bus with couric.

renalin on June 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hi, on the topic of Immigration and the previous dream act:

It is my belief that we already have a process to make foreign born soldiers naturalized citizens through the military. Please check out this link from the Navy. I also remember Scott Brown, I thought, attending these ceremonies in Massachusetts as part of his commitment to our military members. A long while back. No Dream Act has passed in MA, and they would not be able to change the laws regarding naturalization here, even though they have big heads.

So, why do they say they want the dream act for soldiers? I suspect something underhand, like previous criminal record, but you could tell me if you would not be in the service at all.

and second, Friday, listening to many news reports in between talk radio, as you move across the country and change channels you find that even Rush has ABC radio news reports and various local news casts that portray news so that it is unrecognizable from one channel to the next. We heard about 10 different versions of the Presidents late friday afternoon remarks, and no two reports on the candidate Mitt Romney reported the same way. The spin/skew was…suspicious? Some of the reports were made to sound as if Romney was approving what the president had done. Why would the media conclude that? And sour conservatives jumped on the bandwagon.

No details were released by the president, he just said it’s “not nice to prosecute innocent childrennnnnnnnnnnnn.” But on one radio report, they said that “Big Sis” (J.N.) said that they are not going to deport THE OTHER MEMBERS of the family who are not 16 years old, like their parents, like whoever they find when…a child is detained. No reporter asked…What does detained mean? Are they arrested for wrong doing other than being here illegally.

I found it all very confusing, and wondered why a two year work permit makes you “legal” according to these reports. Many people who come here legally do not get to work, and they are truly legal. Sometimes high tech workers in MA have spouses and families that come, say, from India, but the family does not get to work. What about them?

This is a big, undefined mess. Our question/conclusion was that if the kids gets 2 years to work, they are probably planning to give their parents a 2 year work permit and lying about the age requirement in their announcement.

What, Me cynical?