You know who’s hurting women? Rich women like Ann Romney

posted at 8:01 pm on June 16, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

I’d like to confess right up front that I follow Elizabeth Wurtzel on Twitter. But in my own defense, a lot of people from the conservative side of the aisle do as well. And I originally thought she might have been my good friend Nathan Wurtzel’s sister or something. That’s why I was more than a little surprised when I saw the following headline.

1% Wives Are Helping Kill Feminism and Make the War on Women Possible

When my mind gets stuck on everything that is wrong with feminism, it brings out the 19th century poet in me: Let me count the ways. Most of all, feminism is pretty much a nice girl who really, really wants so badly to be liked by everybody — ladies who lunch, men who hate women, all the morons who demand choice and don’t understand responsibility — that it has become the easy lay of social movements. I am going to smack the next idiot who tells me that raising her children full time — by which she really means going to Jivamukti classes and pedicure appointments while the nanny babysits — is her feminist choice. Who can possibly take feminism seriously when it allows everything, as long as women choose it? The whole point to begin with was that women were losing their minds pushing mops and strollers all day without a room or a salary of their own.

It goes rather pear shaped from that point on, and you can draw your own conclusions, but this was the one portion which really jumped up and grabbed me later in the article.

I have to admit that when I meet a woman who I know is a graduate of, say, Princeton — one who has read The Second Sex and therefore ought to know better — but is still a full-time wife, I feel betrayed. I’m not much of a moralist — I have absolutely no right to be — but in the interest of doing what’s right both for me personally and for women generally, I have been strict with myself about earning my keep. For the longest time I would not date anyone who would now be called a one-percenter because money and power are such a potent combination, and if I am going to be bossed around, I don’t want that to be the reason. When it’s come up, I have chosen not to get married. Over and over again, I have opted for my integrity and independence over what was easy or obvious. And I am happy. I don’t want everyone to live like me, but I do expect educated and able-bodied women to be holding their own in the world of work.

I’m sorry, but this type of atitude is precisely, as I see it, what keeps setting independent women back. It goes back to that entire generation of trying to put everyone into a specific pigeon hole and the idea that one person’s idea of what a woman “should do” defines whether they are on the right side or the wrong side. I’m married to a wonderful woman who has been both a full and part time worker and a full time, stay at home wife. I’ve encouraged her to follow her dreams and share her life with me, whether that is working and bringing in money or working to build our home and our life. If she makes her own choices in this, is she not the real feminist in the bunch?

And when it comes to disparaging mothers who happen to be well enough off to afford help with taking care of the house and the children, this is somehow a disqualifier? Wasn’t that one of the benefits of succeeding and allowing yourself to multi-task, taking on charity work, a job or any other endeavors you found worth your time?

Speaking from the fully unqualified position of those not having a womb, I have to say that this sort of thinking isn’t helping anyone. And women who talk about “choice” for women need to realize that choices go both ways and cover many more issues than just childbirth and voting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And they are better looking too.

jukin3 on June 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Yep, the full article was just as intolerant and mean-spirited as I thought it would be. I’m not sure Ms. Wurtzel knows what “mensch” means, incidentally.

J.E. Dyer on June 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I think she needs a barbed wire enema.

phxconservative on June 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Because Simone deBeauvoir had such a rewarding life being Jean Paul Sartre’s bint?

Wethal on June 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM

But, but, Anna Wintour and Sarah Jessica Parker and Barba Streisand and Whoopi and Scarlette and…THEY’RE not “hurting women” because they support abortion (even of other women, girls who would grow up if not perished to be other women).

This mindless lunacy from the Left is…mindless lunacy.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

1% Wives Are Helping Kill Feminism and Make the War on Women Possible
=====================================================================

Its an OutRageous OutRagey OutRage!
(sarc).

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Just curious ladies, if all women went this route would we not become extinct in one generation?

Doomsday on June 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Gahh, “Elizabeth Wurtzel” on twitter looks awful. Creepy, in fact.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yet, another great female, Mother Nature, says; men hunt, women breed.

Both can’t be right.

OldEnglish on June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I think she has that Empty Place.

faraway on June 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

================================

Sounds a tad like a Brown Shirt,er,Blouse Shirt
TrooperEtte sumpin..sumpin!!
(sarc)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Oh I thot the headline was that Anne Wintour wasn’t helping the women cause.

AH_C on June 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Most women who support abortion despise home schooling and approve of the nanny state.

In short when you want to kill your kid, they say they’re pro-choice. When you want to educate them or feed them, they’re anti-choice.

BKennedy on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Gotta love those lefties. They’re all about tolerance and freedom of choice.

Kataklysmic on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Yet, another great female, Mother Nature, says; men hunt, women breed.

Both can’t be right.

OldEnglish on June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

OldEnglish:Lol,the Hunter(ess) and the Hunted!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Methinks this spinster is bitter because she sees what she missed.

CurtZHP on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Doomsday on June 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Admission time: I “achieved” “career” things throughout my lifetime and especially, contrary to many if not most, very early in life.

But my experience was that I had to support myself and I enjoyed certain things upon which I was employed by others so, I achieved. But I always found the whole “feminist” thing weird and none of those types ever “cared for” me anyway, so I stayed away from the whole “women’s movement” thing, despite being a success in my work and earning well even while younger.

Just because there are some females and males who push this whole “feminist” thing doesn’t mean that women who succeed in industry actions (“work” from which they prosper or at least support themselves and/or family members also) are part of it.

I always had close relationships with men and of course, marriage involved, but never have ascribed to the “feminist” idea or complaints.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Gahh, “Elizabeth Wurtzel” on twitter looks awful. Creepy, in fact.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Now, there’s a shock. I pegged the author of this as a smokin’ hottie who could easily pull any man she wanted.

Kataklysmic on June 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I wonder where HilRods vision of, “It Takes a Village”,
in all of this!!

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Gahh, “Elizabeth Wurtzel” on twitter looks awful. Creepy, in fact.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I think she has that Empty Place.

faraway on June 16, 2012 at 8:16

This may be why her “place” is empty.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Not if you have to say you are.

JohnGalt23 on June 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Speaking from the fully unqualified position of those not having a womb,
=====================

Oh gawd,I’m on that list too,haha,ahem!!

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I’m glad I have a choice in what I do with my life. I went to college and got a degree, and work full time. I also chose to have children and was able to work at home for most of their younger years. I don’t HAVE to rely on anyone else. I CHOSE to share my life with my spouse and children. I’m fortunate to be able to do that. I think feminism is a losing proposition. As long as we have equal opportunities, I’m good! I think feminism ruined a lot of good things we had in life, like courtesy, and deference for the “weaker” sex. Now too many people think we’re just bitchy, and I don’t appreciate that! We have to be careful what we wish for.

Sasha List on June 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

This is what a lifetime without love sounds like.

ray on June 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Been a long time since I was hunted. :)

OldEnglish on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Speaking from the fully unqualified position of those not having a womb,
=====================

Oh gawd,I’m on that list too,haha,ahem!!

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I am too!

But I have been close many times….
It’s all about the position….:)

Electrongod on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Anna Wintour and Sarah Jessica Parker come to mind here. Somehow I doubt they’ve done much diaper duty or 3 am feedings.

Wethal on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

So she means women like the current FLOTUS

Beto Ochoa on June 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM

She is all hosed up, because like almost all of the left, he has her theology wrong. She even see this is a theological matter.

Kjeil on June 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Geeze Jazz, how can you read the Atlantic and be surprised to find the author is a pretentious snob?

BKeyser on June 16, 2012 at 8:33 PM

So, being a feminist now means being a busybody? I thought she was too “accomplished” to have time to do anything else.

txhsmom on June 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM

She had a bunch of rich guys wanting to date her? Riiiiight.

Wethal on June 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM

She has snob integrity.

tacodawn on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

She must not know the zip code for sex, ‘cuz there’s no male in her box!

Sasha List on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Dozens of former boyfriends breathing a sigh of relief over dodging a bullet.

BacaDog on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

If she was happy, she would live and live. Fascism is never happy. And always ugly.

Basilsbest on June 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM

txhsmom on June 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Excellent point. Being a feminist consists largely of telling other women they ought to be feminist.

de rigueur on June 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Dozens of former boyfriends breathing a sigh of relief over dodging a bullet.

BacaDog on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What *I* don’t understand is males who like that feminist thing. I’ve met my share of guys who “want a woman to be independent” and a few who said they preferred “the b****y ones”.

I don’t get that.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

de rigueur on June 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM

That’s been my experience, too. Oh, and calling women who are prolife “sociopaths” — they seemm to do that often.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM

She must not know the zip code for sex, ‘cuz there’s no male in her box!

Sasha List on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Over-sized packages must be accepted at the main orfice…

Trust me..

I know…

Electrongod on June 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Sounds like sour grapes. Jealousy is very unattractive. Geez…
So who do these feminists expect are going to raise well adjusted happy kids?

southernms on June 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Elizabeth Wurtzel needs to get laid, seriously.
Allah . . .

Bubba Redneck on June 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Dozens of former boyfriends breathing a sigh of relief over dodging a bullet.

BacaDog on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I don’t get that.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

They know the milk will be free and purchasing the cow is not on the table.

Bubba Redneck on June 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

They want to get them in bed, not marry them is my guess.

Those bitchy, independent women are just sexually frustrated. All it takes is a nice dinner, a couple of rusty nails and a look of sincerity on your face and they’ll be begging you to go home with them.

Then, you can ignore their texts and calls for a couple of days and do it all again.

Of course, they’ll tell their girlfriends that they still have their integrity and independence when you stop calling.

BacaDog on June 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Who is the woman, and why should I care what she thinks?

Ygritte on June 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Another ugly woman rationalizing why she’s alone.

John the Libertarian on June 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Been a long time since I was hunted. :)

OldEnglish on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

OldEnglish:True Dat,sowing ones wild oats adventure missions back
when,haha!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM

There is an old “Bloom County” comic strip that comes to my mind whenever the words “feminist” or “feminazi” (my personal favorite) come up. Steve Dallas is asking his blonde, bimbo girlfriend what the word “feminist” means to her and her response was, “fat, hairy-legged and manless!”.

This was back in my college days in the early ’80′s and I must say that every feminist or feminazi I’ve ever met or heard fits this description to a tee.

Bubba Redneck on June 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM

A half-billion women held in chattel slavery under islam, but it’s Ann Romney who’s hurting woman.

Glad Ms. Wurtzel has her priorities straight.

Rebar on June 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I am a woman, but I will never be a feminist because too many of them are firmly anti-woman. They are women who would rather have been a man because of some warped belief that men have life better.

Give me my kids’ hugs and love to a paycheck any day. That’s MY choice, and I’m glad that no feminist can ever take that choice away!

UnderstandingisPower on June 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Having been intimately acquainted with my gender my entire life, this smacks of jealousy.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Ann Romney’s wealth not only doesn’t hurt me-if it helps create jobs it might actually HELP me.
Now Obama’s polices on the other hand…

annoyinglittletwerp on June 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I have “chosen” not to get married.

FIFH

BDavis on June 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM

For too many liberals, “choice” means having to choose what the liberal wants. To most rational adults, choice, like free speech, voting, etc., means accepting that some people won’t use it the way you want them to. To those who can’t get their mind around that concept, these liberal shibboleths are less principles than they are slogans and tactics for foisting unacceptable leftist ideology upon the populace.

Socratease on June 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

The Second Wave Feminism of the 60s is a political philosophy far more than an advocacy of choice. It is bound up in the collectivist thinking of the Left.

“The Personal Is Political,” is the title of a feminist essay by Carol Hanisch of 1969. You can read it online. One of the things she says is this:

One of the first things we discover in these groups is that personal problems are political problems. There are no personal solutions at this time. There is only collective action for a collective solution.

David Horowitz’ commentary on the phrase, “The Personal Is Political”:

As I understood it, the phrase expressed an ideological will to reduce everything personal to a political formula, stamping out the messy particulars of an individual existence in the process.

When you look at feminism from that perspective IMO it really isn’t about giving any woman a choice because that isn’t good for the collective. The Left is a rigid enforcer of ideology, and it’s all about making sure women adhere to the correct political action.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Socratease on June 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

That’s what I’m talking about.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Bonsoir, my sisters. Fight the patriarchy!

cynccook on June 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I am too!

But I have been close many times….
It’s all about the position….:)

Electrongod on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Electrongod:

Sorry for the late response,had to make an errand,anywho,
Lol,the position,er,the last time you checked,haha!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I am a woman. I worked hard for what I got. I expect to be treated like an equal if I perform like an equal. But unlike most men, I could have chosen to stay home. So maybe women have it better?

Feminists like to pick and choose when to demand equality and when to expect a handicap. Feminists only stick up for the women who behave the way they deem to be correct. They don’t represent me although I expect that I fit their demographic…I have this bad habit of choosing to think for myself and not let the self-appointed do it for me.

A pox on them I say!

HawaiiLwyr on June 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Cindy Munford:You go girl:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM

So much wrong with what she writes, where to start?

She has never been married or raised a family but she says it’s easy….not certain what she means by obvious. And what does integrity have to do with this? The whole essay is rambling and pointless.

I have done the career thing, been married, raised a family, and I don’t claim to have more integrity because of it. And my choosing to get married and have children was not obvious and I can safely tell you it wasn’t easy. Actually, my job/career was much easier but many of the people I met through that had a lot less integrity than my married stay at home acquaintances.

Elizabeth is a putz and a terrible writer.

Deanna on June 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Like many old soldiers she is having trouble accepting that the war is over even though her side won! See also the NCAAP and Jesse Jackson. What is their raison d’etre if the war is over. What should be obvious to even her is that the attitude she espouses is the merely the flip side of what feminism was about in the first place. Same church, different pew!

pgrossjr on June 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM

This mindless lunacy from the Left is…mindless lunacy.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Someone with the bucks like Karl Rove should take little Bammie’s Wintour ad and run it over and over again. Rarely does an opportunity like that present itself in politics. Even better, do a parody of it, kind of like what an un-PC SNL would do.

slickwillie2001 on June 16, 2012 at 9:43 PM

This woman is just another leftist, trying desperately to tell everyone else what to think, what to eat, what to wear, who to admire, where to live, and how, in general and specific, to live.

It strikes me as particularly selfish, and perhaps a little malicious, to engage men in relationships and then wait until the poor saps propose to tell them that you just couldn’t marry anyone because you’re so busy being true to your self determined feminist ideology. Seems like a sort of emotional ambush. Of course, given the attitude of this particular feminist, perhaps it hasn’t happened all that often.

I think that those with an empty life feel compelled to dictate the details of the lives of others. Its likely a coping mechanism to fill that void in their own lives. Misery loves company.

thatsafactjack on June 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I guess I should have taken off my apron and put on my shoes before I read this idiotic drivel.

kringeesmom on June 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM

You will understand Wurtzel’s antagonism towards women like Ann Romney if you are familiar with her writings and her controversial professional life.

bayview on June 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Is there a corresponding feature to masculine like the feminists have? By that I mean are there men who lay down rules for behavior of other men? The only thing that comes to mind is a Liberal Democrat.

Herb on June 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Shhh! Let her keep talking!

I’m putting out an APB to the Right Wing Noise Machine to not respond to denunciations of traditional motherhood until, oh, late October.

HitNRun on June 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Elizabeth Wurtzel ‏@LizzieWurtzel
I can’t figure out if my cat is a practitioner of Santeria or if she just likes to kill birds for fun. Or is she simply being a typical cat?

Another one of her tweets shows just how “intellectual” she really is.

Flange on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Barry inherited $300k from his typical white woman grandmother. Doesn’t she qualify as a rich woman?

BHO Jonestown on June 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Herb on June 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM

The only one I know of is the one where men don’t tell on other men for having affairs, and lie for them if asked. I hear it’s a code. Oh, and the one about not asking for directions no matter how lost they are.

Night Owl on June 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Another ugly woman rationalizing why she’s alone.

John the Libertarian on June 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

…I didn’t expect her to tell anyone that no one could get it up for her!…(ok…maybe…lorien)

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Oh, how I would love to see the last nail in the coffin of feminism.

DrMagnolias on June 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM

BHO Jonestown on June 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM

…and an evil banker.

slickwillie2001 on June 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Is this the same Wurtzel that called Palin’s children “wretched”?

JamesSeanMcKeane on June 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

She sounds like an unattractive, jealous witch. I stayed home with my kids while they were little. We made the choice to sacrifice financially to do what was best for our children.

TXMomof3 on June 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Women like this are such a terrible influence on the Gen-Y girls I encounter every day. Feminism a generation ago has almost completely ruined young people in this country. So many of the women I meet are in their mid twenties, Single Mothers(or they’ve had multiple abortions) who live with their parents, drink, do drugs and party 3+ days out of the week, have no career aspirations and no desire to ever get married. They’re bitchy, needy, whiny, have expensive tastes and are extremely entitled. It’s really funny how they pretend to be “Christians” after all of this too. Feminism has created a generation of spoiled, un-dateable brats.

1984 in real life on June 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Indeed. That is EXACTLY what feminism was supposed to be about. Not fitting all women into the proper categories by the anointed few.

deadrody on June 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I think you are missing this. I could be wrong. There might be jealousy in it, too. But her remarks — she sounds insecure. She seems terrified that a man would tell her what to do, and she thinks having a career protects her from that horror. She sounds like she really thinks of marriage as a cage, that feminine mystique point of view …

But, having met members of her sisterhood before, I can tell you she doesn’t like having a man tell her what to do at any time or in any place, including at work — for whatever reason.

… and I should disclaim this by saying I have never understood women my entire life. :)

Axe on June 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

You bozo feminists are not really feminists but nosy busybodies who should mind their own damn business.

You go your way and others go theirs and keep your crap to yourself.

Don’t ask me about my business and I won’t ask you about yours.

You libs are all the same bloody blooming oniony Bloombergs:

Interfering and telling others what to do.

“Liberals” are not liberal.

And “feminism” is yet another word you socialists have usurped and corrupted and molded to
your own purposes.

Anyway, leave the rest of us alone!

Sherman1864 on June 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Yep. Further evidence that there is no tolerance for things they don’t…or won’t…understand.

How about the negative effects on the little girls of “working moms,” who get dumped off at day care centers five days a week? Aren’t they going to be “women” someday? The war on women is nothing compared to the war on men that these man-hating feminists femiNAZIS have been waging for all these years.

JannyMae on June 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

BTW, I’m 42, Wurtzel is 44. I have a really hard time taking someone seriously as some kind authority on “feminism” who has never had to deal with any of the issues that led to the feminist movement in the 1950s and 60s.

The idea that women were oppressed as she was gaining adulthood in 1985 is LAUGHABLE.

And the bit about turning down marriage to maintain her integrity and individualism is a howler. Marriage is a partnership; the woman does not go under the boot of the oppressive patriarchy on day one.

Seems like someone should probably put away the stuffy academic literature on what it means to be a feminist and try living her life. She is a marginally attractive woman, but her personality and views seem utterly abhorrent. I find it quite unlikely she would need to turn down any marriage proposals with that line of thinking.

deadrody on June 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

What exactly is Michelle Obama working on?

Schadenfreude on June 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

…and an evil banker.

slickwillie2001 on June 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

She was the first female VP at a bank in HI.

Schadenfreude on June 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Me to Elizabeth Wurtzel: Bite me.

Alana on June 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

deadrody on June 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Most eloquently put!

Thank you.

Sherman1864 on June 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I didn’t have time to read the comments so forgive me if I’m repeating something but what hacks me off about women like this is a) They assume stay at home moms sit around getting their nails done while the nanny raises the children and b) They assume that I didn’t sacrifice money on PURPOSE to stay at home with my children.
I chose, on purpose, to live without a LOT of stuff so I could raise my children instead of dropping them off at a daycare center for someone else to watch. And I’m not complaining about choosing to be poorer, I’m fine with that because I did it for my kids. My choice.
I thought these women were pro-choice.
Oh, wait, I guess that only applies to when women are KILLING their children, not RAISING them.
She’s an idiot.

americanmama on June 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

americanmama on June 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I was right there with you, sisters. Choosing to raise the children you bring into this world has rewards beyond gold.

Fallon on June 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Speaking from the fully unqualified position of those not having a womb…

It’s not a requirement, anymore. All you have to do is BELIEVE you’re a woman, and, presto-chango..

You CAN be!

Just use your imvagination

arik1969 on June 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Over-sized packages must be accepted at the main orfice…

Trust me..

I know…

Electrongod on June 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I didn’t know you played for the other team. It’s okay. We’ve got a big tent. :D

*ducks and runs*

Laura in Maryland on June 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Dozens of former boyfriends breathing a sigh of relief over dodging a bullet.

BacaDog on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I don’t get that.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

My wife and I have a strange dynamic, but it works for us..

I cook and she doesn’t..
She works and I’m retired/disabled
I watch the kids and do the Mr. Mom thing
She’s the silent type..(I know.. but really, she is..) I’m not..
She watches sports on TV I hate them..
She has been a stay at home mom, and has worked earlier in our marriage..
I always worked, till I got hurt and couldn’t..
She works now, though she doesn’t absolutely have to, a choice..

This is what works for us, and my wife is every bit my equal, as smart, and actualy tougher.. I try to play the stoic male when I’m in pain, she doesn’t have to work at it.. I’m in love, in awe and falling on my knees gratful to God he put us together.

I don’t know what the Hell that bitter crone is so hateful about, other than she puts politics on like a chastity belt. She is always in competition with a possible mate, trying to out butch the poor bastard, and always putting him down as an enemy just because he was born with a penis.. poor fellow.

I pity any man in her orbit, she’s a toxic piece of work.

mark81150 on June 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

HawaiiLwyr on June 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I’m a disinterested Male, but I think that the feminist movement in general, and NOW in particular, was originally initiated as a positive force.

However, along the way, they were corrupted. Almost like a computer virus.

What made NOW jump the shark? Bill Clinton.

Google the name Barbara Battalino. She was a female V.A. doctor who was successfully prosecuted by Clinton’s DOJ for lying under oath about sex.

NOW was silent on that case, but defended Clinton for later doing the same, if not worse.

After all, he engaged in an adulterous relationship in the workplace with a workplace female subordinate. But that’s OK, because he’s a Democrat and so is Above The Law.

At the same time NOW was totally uninterested in giving a forum to women who claimed to have been victimized by Clinton. No double standard there.

Del Dolemonte on June 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

She is right about that – turning your kids over to a nanny while you indulge yourself is not raising your kids full-time.

Ward Cleaver on June 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I thought these women were pro-choice.
She’s an idiot.

americanmama on June 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Thank you Mama. My wife has been a stay-at-home mom for 12 years, and it’s been a sacrifice. We could live in a larger home, drive newer cars, etc., but we’ve chosen to focus on our kids. Our youngest, who’s eight, wants to be homeschooled next year. So we’re going to give it a try. The two older ones want to stay in public school (the oldest is in band, and very good at it).

Ward Cleaver on June 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Speaking from the fully unqualified position of those not having a womb,

Where is it written in stone, that men cannot comment about women and their roles in society, but women can speak their mind to us about what they expect us to be at any time, on any subject?

Equal is equal..

If a woman has my child, no I don’t own her, but I have a right to speak my mind on what decisions are made don’t I? What choices are made about schooling, or how we decide to discipline?.. My wife and I discuss these things, together.. She doesn’t veto my opinion just because I’m male. As to her working, when we could, I left that up to her, her choice. Yes it meant a lower living standard, but if she was happy, so was I.. isn’t that what “choice” was about? Not about what makes a feminist happy in her deep blue urban sisterhood of the politics in the bedroom fascism.

I am just a man who wants his lover to be happy with me as grow old together.. is that such a bad thing?.. would little miss feminazi hate me just as much as she does any republican for not buying into gender politics 101? I have no doubt she hates a lot.. and hates especially those who do not buy into her drama as the eternally oppressed if just one woman deigns to choose in a manner she hates.

mark81150 on June 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM

How about a full time mom? or a full time homemaker? Why is shaping the minds of the next generation of Americans only a very important job when it is done by a government worker with a teaching certificate?

joncoltonis on June 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

joncoltonis on June 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

– that was what I was trying to pick up on. This thing of hers is about men. I think.

Axe on June 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Axe on June 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I am sure there might be all sorts of reasons less petty and more valid than my comment. That said I have had a front row seat to the minimization of men in society at the hands of these types. Men have been devalued and deemed unnecessary to the world in the name of equality. Watching TV will introduce you to an idiot buffoon worthy of any disrespect and berating. I’m pretty sure even his act of sperm donor was done poorly. I use the singular term because it seems pretty universal. As you can tell I feel pretty strongly about this because I think it has done much to hurt the world. I hope the type of men I know personally and are, for the most part, represented at Hot Air will soon out number and become the examples instead of the liberal model now in vogue.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Sooooo, she’s pro-choice for women, unless a woman chooses to be a full-time mother?

You know who’s hurting women? Intolerant women like Elizabeth Wurtzel.

There Goes The Neighborhood on June 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Wives Are Helping Kill Feminism and Make the War on Women Possible

There is so much industrial strength stupid in that sentence that it’s almost impossible to know where to begin.

one who has read The Second Sex and therefore ought to know better

Head —–> Desk

And to think, it’s thinking like that that espouses eliminating classes of people through Planned Parenthood government sponsored genocide.

98ZJUSMC on June 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM