So you probably missed “global wind day”

posted at 8:01 am on June 16, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Global wind day has come and gone, and not one of you sent me a card. Bastages.

Did you know that today is Global Wind Day? It’s a day for environmental activists to push for more funding for wind farms and indoctrinate young children. It appears that the corrupt Sierra Club (a group that took funding from natural gas companies before knifing those companies in the back) is one of Global Wind Day’s biggest promoters.

The Renewable Energy Industrial Index (RENIXX) tracks the stock value of wind and solar companies. In May—though you did not read about it in the mainstream media—it announced that thirty of the largest renewable energy companies were trading at “an all- time low” and the index “had lost over 90% of its value since 2008.”

So, naturally, the Sierra Club was eager to tell me about Global Wind Day and that my home state of New Jersey had the “potential to replace all the dirty coal and gas plants in the state.” The distance between “potential” and reality is roughly the distance between New Jersey and the planet Neptune.(Read More)

As the Lonely Conservative points out, no day of global activism would be complete without some effort to indoctrinate the children. (Remember… it’s about the children.) How better to give everyone a leg up on the miracles of failing fiscal proposals without having to worry about silly things like math? Get ‘em while they’re young.

Global environmentalists connected with the radical Party of European Socialists are indoctrinating and manipulating innocent children as props to advance their radical “renewable” energy schemes.

Examination of the website GlobalWindDay.org reveals a concentrated effort to indoctrinate small children into a cult-like movement to force taxpayers to provide massive subsidies for on land, and the even more costly, offshore wind mills.

“These European eco-zealots are penetrating our grammar schools with a bizarre program of indoctrination that includes forcing little children to color in propaganda style coloring books while being taught that the world will end if windmills don’t come to the rescue,” stated AFP New Jersey state director Steve Lonegan.

I need some new coloring books for my great nephews and nieces. Does anyone have any better ideas? I mean, this could be a serious market opportunity here. How about a coloring book about, “My Daddy Drills for Oil” or “Dennis the Drill and the Big Fracking Adventure?” It could work!

Comments

Sure it’s air, but is it Hot Air? I don’t think so.

Stoic Patriot on June 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

If we could just harness all the hot air coming out of Washington we could truely become energy independent.

banzaibob on June 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM

So you probably missed “global wind day”
========================================

Correction……Democrat Donkey Sh*t-Gas Belching Day!
(sarc).

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM

If you are going to give them that coloring book, remember, the only color crayon you will be allowed to give them will be green.

Old Country Boy on June 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Global Wind Day. Is that the day Obama gives a speech?

In that case, every day is Global Wind Day, isn’t it?

SagebrushPuppet on June 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Obama’s speeches are more like global flatulence days.

hip shot on June 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I discuss energy sources in my biology, phyiscal science & geology & ecology classes in HS.

The one question I ask them 1st is, if you switch over to all solar & wind, what happens when the wind doesn’t blow enough & the Sun doesn’t shine enough?

This simple thought exercise alone gets them to wondering.

We then go on to talk about batteries, efficiency vs cost, sound pollution (yes, big windmills in the hundreds in an area actually make noise), birds getting creamed.

We then talk about the actually power generated & what it takes to fuel industry.

I present them with the real facts & then they understand how stupid these people are.

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM

As Spinal Tap might have said, “Break Like The Wind”.

flipflop on June 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Yeah I missed global wind day. But I can get global windbag day ever time the White House commie speaks.

bgibbs1000 on June 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Leftists own the fifth percentile.

tom daschle concerned on June 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Wait just a cotton pickin’ minute!

You mean you inform HS kids of the facts about all the sources for energy and they actually come to their own logical conclusions?

Hmm, imagine that.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hmm, imagine that.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I know. Such crazy talk!

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I broke wind in honor of the Sierra Club’s efforts.

Tom Servo on June 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Alternate name for the day:

National Kill-A-Bird Day

galtg on June 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Global wind day has come and gone, and not one of you sent me a card. Bastages.

I did. It’s being delivered by wind power. Don’t know if that makes me a bastage or not…

brambo_42 on June 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Another damn press conference. Can’t that idiot ever shut up.

Oh, not that. Never mind.

ironked on June 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Previous day was “Global pot-of-beans day”.

oldroy on June 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Jazz
I love the book idea, but I would think the great Fracking adventure might be more of an adult book……….Oh….. Fracking……….;-)

angrymike on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Headline on Al Gore’s Current TV: “Toot for Global wind day”. Or – “Breaking (news) – Wind Day”.

oldroy on June 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I was at the beach yesterday in Asbury Park and a plane flew up and down the shore five times with a banner: “Save the Jersey Shore! Say NO to Ocean Windfarms!”

Thanks, Jazz, for solving the mystery!

Naturally Curly on June 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Geez, I was busy and totally forgot about it. I’ll make up for it with a belated Happy Global Wind Day link.

Dusty on June 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I was in europe after communism fell. The old communist party decided the best way to push their agenda was to go green. They changed the hammer and sickle to a tree on their logo. Many of the green party candidates in europe are not only communists but terrorists from the 60s-90s.

Blake on June 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Global Wind Day blows.

ghostwalker1 on June 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Do the coloring books come with candles to use on the days that the wind doesn’t blow?

How about a coloring book of DEAD birds, showing what they look like after running into a windmill?

GarandFan on June 16, 2012 at 9:14 AM

The Kennedy’s are still saying “Not in my back yard.”

RoadRunner on June 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

BADABING!

BallisticBob on June 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Does Global Wind Day in any way align with Hot Gas Day?

Fallon on June 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

[GarandFan on June 16, 2012 at 9:14 AM]

What the kids need is a survivalist coloring book that includes showing how to make a torch out of a Wind Energy coloring book, a green polo shirt, some pitch and a match.

Dusty on June 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

angrymike on June 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

You got it right.

ericdijon on June 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

WTF. why did ya wait till after the fact to tell us!! I feel cheated!

Dragoro on June 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I know. Such crazy talk!

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Can’t you get in a heap of trouble doing that? I mean, if you aren’t toeing the commie party line in an academic setting, can’t you be excommunicated, keelhauled, sent to a FEMA re-education camp or something?

Harbingeing on June 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Remember… it’s about the children.

Allah, I worked in child care for a while, I had to hear that phrase all the time. Use it again, and I’m gonna punch you in the nose./

thebrokenrattle on June 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

So you probably missed “global wind day”
Jun 16, 2012 8:01 AM by Jazz Shaw

Insert your own punchline

Why so you can delete my comment?

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Sorry Jazz, that comment was a low blow, twasn’t you deleting comments the other evening.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

So you probably missed “global wind day”

It was also “National Electricity Day.”

Guess which one I’d rather celebrate.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

So you probably missed “global wind day”

…Oh no!…all the networks showed JugEars blowing and passing wind about something!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Is this a reference to Obama’s speech?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on June 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

It’s all Hallmark’s fault. I didn’t see one greeting card to send you, Jazz.

PatriotGal2257 on June 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Thanks Bdger40, but when I was in HS all that blah, blah, blah and ‘though exercise’ (heavens knows thinking doesn’t occur without an exercise) would have lost us before the best part “birds getting creamed”.

Constructive criticism: lead with the bird creaming and circle back to it often.

socalcon on June 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Make sure that you tell your students that there is no such thing as renewable energy. It’s a fairy tale much like green energy.

Oldnuke on June 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Sorry Jazz, that comment was a low blow….

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Apropos for Wind Day…

socalcon on June 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Global warming makes more wind!

Yay for global warming.

kh6zv9 on June 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

It’s pretty windy here in Jacksonville.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Global wind day has come and gone, and not one of you sent me a card. Bastages.

..send me your e-mail address, Jazz. I recorded myself BREAKING WIND this morning and want to send you the .mp3 file.

The War Planner on June 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

It was also “National Electricity Day.”

Guess which one I’d rather celebrate.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

..OHM my God! WATT a shocking revelation! CURRENTly I am not doing anything but my friend HENRY and I plan to get AMPed up for this and party til it HERTZ. Thanks, Flora, you’re a real JOULE!

:-D

The War Planner on June 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I’m getting over a round of food poisoning, so I can say I inadvertently didn’t miss Wind Day. TMI?

Sekhmet on June 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM

With Obama as our Campaigner-in-Chief, we have “Bag of Wind Day” every day.

College Prof on June 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Did they tell the children about how these government subsidies are going to saddle THE CHILDREN with staggering national debt that they will work their entire lives to pay off? (Assuming there will be any jobs for them when they grow up, that is.)

Socratease on June 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Obama celebrated two days early, with plenty of wind from his flag day speech. (which, in typical Obama fashion, actually tore another hole in our flag).

Can we all break wind for ‘global wind day’??

landlines on June 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Sure it’s air, but is it Hot Air? I don’t think so.

Stoic Patriot on June 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

We are HotGas… try and keep up.

upinak on June 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Badger40 on June 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM

You turn on a whole house generator that runs on, wait for it, natural gas, propane, gasoline or diesel. The same thing I have to do after a week of windless days combined with snowy or rainy weather. While a solar and wind system will work fine, most of the time, for small applications, off grid living, in the correct environment it can’t do the job for major applications like running industry.

I did the same thing while I was teaching. It really p*ssed off the administration and other true believer teachers.

chemman on June 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

The War Planner on June 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

ROFLOL. :)

chemman on June 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

ROFLOL. :)

chemman on June 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

..frustrated EE (BS BA instead) delving into RF design and building only. with NO chemistry since HS but a healthy respect and admiration for those who understand that field. Utter awe for those who TEACH it, sir (or madam, as the case may be).

The War Planner on June 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

blink on June 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

If I was the kind of person who could coordinate stuff it would be in the Fall. I will be bugging out to Virginia before too long.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM

o/t, but interesting…:

The Rain Of Greek Pain May Have Ended On A Plain In Spain…But, Only Temporary Will Be The Gain

M2RB: The GoGo’s

Resist We Much on June 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Gee, my family celebrates wind day every day! We could power a whole city if you hooked a wind mill to our posteriors! We’ve been ahead of our time and didn’t even know it! I think we deserve some kind of subsidy.

Sasha List on June 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

chemman on June 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

And I bet you enjoyed every minute of it. I know I would. I just love the systematic bursting of people’s ‘Green Energy’ balloons.

PatriotGal2257 on June 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I can’t wait to get a new propeller for the top of my car!

TarheelBen on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I just ate a family sized can-and-a-half of baked beans with bacon and brown sugar, some broccoli and some ham. I’ll be celebrating Global Wind Day in a bit.

Bubba Redneck on June 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM

How about the GOP names the same day the “Save the Eagles,”day?

Don L on June 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Wind power: It doesn’t just suck. It blows.

curved space on June 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Wow…This one broke right past me…

CynicalOptimist on June 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

blink on June 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM

At first I thought here. Since it is geographically in the middle.

But it is limited in interest for everyone. I still like the idea of the middle but someplace a bit more fun for more people.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM