Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on June 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mr. Obama said that he was changing the deportation policy because “it’s the right thing to do.” Translation: It’s the politically expedient thing to do in an election year in which Hispanic voters are expected to play a key role in determining whether he wins a second term. Hispanic voter registration is down considerably from 2008 in swing states such as Florida and New Mexico that Mr. Obama is counting on in November. Next week the President is scheduled to address the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. The timing of this announcement is no coincidence. One begins to wonder if anything this President does is about anything larger than his re-election

It’s passing strange that the President is saying on the stump that the Republicans in Congress refuse to compromise with him at every turn. This issue, whose resolution clearly requires bipartisanship, is screaming for compromise. One vehicle for starting that process is the Dream Act, which would do legislatively what Mr. Obama is doing on his own. And in fact, there had been bipartisan interest of late in a modified version of the Dream Act, particularly from GOP Senator Marco Rubio of Florida. The White House could have worked with Mr. Rubio toward a bipartisan consensus. Instead, Obama aides trashed Senator Rubio’s proposal because they wanted the issue to use against Republicans in the fall.

***

The reaction on Twitter ranged from shock to cynicism and mockery.

“Can this be authentic? It seems impossible under law,” wrote commentator David Frum, who later added: “Well, if you can’t deliver an economic recovery, ethnic politics must be the fallback plan.”

“We need a national conversation about comprehensive immigration reform. Rubio was working to persuade GOP. Obama just undercut that effort,” wrote Matt Lewis of the Daily Caller.

“What’s that? A sweeping executive order that upends three years’ of immigration policy? Must be election year,” wrote BuzzFeed’s McKay Coppins.

“But what about the public option, Obama?” asked Sam Stein of the Huffington Post.

***

President Obama’s claim that he can refuse to deport 800,000 aliens here in the country illegally illustrates the unprecedented stretching of the Constitution and the rule of law. He is laying claim to presidential power that goes even beyond that claimed by the Bush administration, in which I served. There is a world of difference in refusing to enforce laws that violate the Constitution (Bush) and refusing to enforce laws because of disagreements over policy (Obama)…

Imagine the precedent this claim would create. President Romney could lower tax rates simply by saying he will not use enforcement resources to prosecute anyone who refuses to pay capital-gains tax. He could repeal Obamacare simply by refusing to fine or prosecute anyone who violates it.

So what we have here is a president who is refusing to carry out federal law simply because he disagrees with Congress’s policy choices. That is an exercise of executive power that even the most stalwart defenders of an energetic executive — not to mention the Framers — cannot support.

***

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King said Friday that he plans to sue the Obama administration to halt implementation of its newly announced selective illegal immigration law enforcement policy. He told Mike Huckabee on the former Arkansas governor’s radio program Friday that he successfully sued his own state’s governor — and won — over a similar separation-of-powers issue.

“I will tell you that — I’m not without experience on this — I’m prepared to bring a suit and seek a court order to stop implementation of this policy,” King said

“I have done it once in the past successfully when then-Governor Tom Vilsack thought he could legislate by executive order — and the case of King vs. Vilsack is in the books. And that individual, by the way, is now the Secretary of Agriculture. I wonder if he’s not counseling the president on his legal proceedings.”

***

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus reacted to the Obama administration’s immigration announcement today at the Faith and Freedom Coalition.

“Well, he’s made a lot of promises that he hasn’t kept,” Priebus told reporters after his remarks to the conservative confab.

“I think president is all politics, all the time,” he said when asked if he thought the announcement was politically motivated.

***

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13 14

This poll shows that only 10% of the voters think that “not allowing them [the so-called Dreamers] to remain at all” is the best solution. The rest wants either a path to citizenship or a path to legal residence.

Under no circumstances can they be rewarded just because they broke the law with impunity –or there is no more such thing as law.

I would even accept a “get back in line” reform, with a ratio say of four legals to one illegal (with fines)I would also insist that we provide a far greater balance (fairness) by requiring our immigration quotas to reflect other than the lopsided Hispanic immigrants. There are other cultures and other nations that could restore a semblance of balance to this issue.

Just working out an amnesty (i.e. Ted Kennedy’s solution that failed)is guaranteed loss of sovereignty, unless Obama declares by executive fiat, that we are now the completely owned property of the UN?.

Don L on June 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

1201

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

DarkCurrent:Northern Ontario!!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM

This popped into my head:

There is a town in north Ontario,
With dream comfort memory to spare,
And in my mind
I still need a place to go,
All my changes were there.

Though Helpless could be the anthem for OWS.

Fallon on June 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Seems like I remember Romney talking tough on illegal aliens during the debates. A lot tougher than he’s talking now.

shaloma on June 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Ah, coffee. Let’s see, where where we ?

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Oh yeah, pandering, the lot of them.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

canopfor, how far north in Ontario? Not too long ago I was looking at a map of the area and noticed for the first time just how big Hudson Bay is – HUGE – I don’t know why I never noticed it before. But I didn’t see much in the way of towns north of highway 11.

shaloma on June 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

shaloma on June 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Obama threw a spitball curve. It will take a little time to figure out how to hit it.

Fallon on June 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I. Need. Coffee.

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I. Need. Coffee.

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Here, you want some of this hi octane stuff or de cafe?

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

We’re starting to get those Walmart grocery only stores here. I may check it out, but I hate Walmart supercenters because I do not need all that walking

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Don’t forget, they do have motorized carts!

I am going to shop at one within the next couple of hours. At an ALDI store, too (ALDI’s prices are noticably better than Super Walmart’s, but the selection is very limited!)

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

He’s showing he is not afraid to use that “flexibility” to get the leftist agenda accomplished if he is elected again.

Mimzey on June 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I like ALDI. My size of store…

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Never de caffe. Just showered, need to get moving to my volunteer gig…

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM

They have played with the set a couple of times and always seem to refer back to something close to the original.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I still haven’t read the early comments, I assume people made substantive, rational remarks before all the chit chat started.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

DarkCurrent:Northern Ontario!!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Though Helpless could be the anthem for OWS.

Fallon on June 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Fallom:I haven`t heard of that ditty before,and (helpless),on the
OWS,clueless too,I might add…haha!:)

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Some did, I was trying to when I got stuck using the iPad thingy for a bit. Not good for work at HA.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I get the desktop and the Husband uses the laptop. I’m not to familiar with the iPad. I think my daughter is planning to get one when her college courses become more rigorous.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I guess you missed that joana was here.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Texas Republicans decry Obama order, call it ‘amnesty’

Published: 9:19 p.m. Friday, June 15, 2012
Updated: 8:04 a.m. Saturday, June 16, 2012
******************************************

When President Barack Obama announced Friday that some undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children can get work permits and escape deportation, Texas Republicans lambasted the idea.

And as if they all got the same talking points memo, the GOP officials all described the new policy with a term that induces anger among the party’s base: amnesty.

“This huge policy shift has horrible consequences for unemployed Americans looking for jobs and violates President Obama’s oath to uphold the laws of this land,” U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio, said in a statement. “President Obama’s amnesty only benefits illegal immigrants, not Americans, and is a magnet for fraud.”

Ted Cruz, who is in a runoff against Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst to be the Republican nominee for Texas’ open U.S. Senate seat, issued a statement calling Obama’s order “nothing more than an attempt to enact backdoor amnesty, and I categorically oppose amnesty.”

(more….)
===========

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I like ALDI. My size of store…

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Do you have an aversion to using motorized carts, by any chance?

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Did you get your computer problem resolved?

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I guess you missed that joana was here.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

…I think some of the gang…never went to bed…they’re still here.

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

A good laptop would serve her better I think. No wait, I know. This thing is okay for certain activities but I cannot recommend it for much more than the most basic of needs. And I have tried very diligently to master this little piece of…………..

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I’ve accused the blue gilled one of being long-winded before. But my gracious, even she’s never gone for 14 hrs straight in 3 different threads posting on the same topic.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

LOL! By the time I got here she had called it a night but people were still reacting. Doesn’t she bill herself as someone way right of Gov. Romney?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Makes me thankful neither one of them will talk to me. ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

She has an old MacBook but they aren’t even updating it anymore. She’s sad. She was thinking of getting an iPac and a new Apple desktop. I agree with you, a nice laptop would be her best purchase. You can’t tell them anything.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

…I think some of the gang…never went to bed…they’re still here.

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I for one am just now breaking out the adult beverage.

DarkCurrent on June 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Everything seems normal this morning. I know that there are worse things in life than being away from the computer for a couple of days and then have it not respond to my need for current event updates but last night I didn’t think so. I’m pretty sure that’s not a good mental illness sign.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I can relate, I have an old G4 17 inch Mac laptop that has always served me well. I am going to try one last time to keep it functional a bit longer by doing a clean install of lion. The new small Mac laptops are very sweet and very powerful for what they are. I’m tempted just to pick one up, but I ‘m going to try and salvage the 17 one last time instead.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Lastest Twitter Trending thingy(Real-Time)!

Fallon: Pres Obama’s economy speech was really well attended. Tons of ppl in the audience – you know, since nobody had to be at work. #tcot
=====

canopfor on June 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I can’t believe that I agree with Huckabee so I’m going to say he agrees with me. Close the border, than we will talk about what to do with the folks who are here. Why are they here?

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

1234,we have overtaken the comment total on the moby thread, nice looking QOTD thread.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I wonder if I sent her your comment she would know what you are talking about. She can’t even use her MacBook for iTunes anymore. I will say this, she has gotten her money’s worth. We have a Mac Mini but it is dedicated strictly to music.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Glad to hear it’s better! :)

About your daughter’s MacBook – how old is it? A lot of the time they are more upgradable/updatable than people are led to believe.

If she’s thinking about getting a desktop, is she the type who’d be open to getting a laptop instead, along with an external keyboard/mouse/monitor, in order to have the best of both worlds? That’s what I used to recommend to people…

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Cindy, you know what they say, technology only fails you when you need it most. ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Yesterday she called Bush 43 just as much a “socialist” as the boy king is.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Time for me to get to it. Saw work and a nice day for it too. Cool. Say any of you good at sharpening saws? ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

She might be but if I had more input she wouldn’t be wearing braces again.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Sounds like major mask slippage (who knew that was a real word), it may mess up my theory that she is actually csdeven.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I like ALDI. My size of store…

OmahaConservative on June 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Aldi definitely works for me. Great prices and I’m at the checkout in 20 minutes!

22044 on June 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Do you have an aversion to using motorized carts, by any chance?

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Larry the Cable Guy was on Hannity yesterday & they were talking about the motorized carts at Walmart. Apparently you have to wear pajama jeans to ride one, or something like that.

22044 on June 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I hope that some day the supporters of little Marco Rubio will wake up. He has become as much an ethnic whöre as Barack Kardashian.
Immigration laws are already on the books. Enforce Them!
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on June 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

iPads are terrific for reading books and web surfing and watching movies and sending/receiving emails and other fun things. However, for WORK work – writing papers and doing spreadsheets and such – they are cumbersome. Those tasks can be done on an iPad, but it ain’t easy. If your daughter is going to end up writing a gazillion papers, tell her that the iPad simply isn’t a viable option. And this is coming from someone who uses his iPad more than any computer he’s ever had. I keep an older Dell laptop handy and running for updating and sending resumes, and for the occasionally spreadsheet-related activity that I need to deal with from time to time. I’ve tried to do this stuff on my iPad, and it’s a MAJOR pain. Just an FYI…

joejm65 on June 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM

shaloma on June 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Well, yeah, But that was then, this is now.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

This is about as close to a 24/7 QOTD thread I’ve seen.

Some of you were up later than I was, and you’ve been commenting earlier than me today.

I need stronger coffee or something.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I need stronger coffee or something.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM

It only seems that way when some of us live on the other side of the world. While you sleep, we cause trouble.

Timothy S. Carlson on June 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Don L on June 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

The legalistic argument is truly bizarre.

The point is exactly to change the law to allow a few of those who were brought here as children and are productive members of the society to stay as legal residents.

People need to argue the merits of changing the law or not. Just parroting “the law is the law” is imbecilic. I guess now any law we have in place is good – so we should accept Obama’s Executive Order because, for the time being, it’s the law.

joana on June 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Timothy S. Carlson on June 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Timothy S. Carlson on June 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

You
were snoring dude.

DarkCurrent on June 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

joana on June 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM

He signed NO executive order, you dummy.

Schadenfreude on June 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

joejm65 on June 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Thanks I will pass it on. She is in this weird program where you B.A. is physics and then you get an MBA. It doesn’t sound like the iPad is the way to go. I also could be confused about her future purchases since I am an non-geek and know little about Apple other than she likes everything they do.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Well, so much for saw work. Place is covered up with copperheads. Five of the bastards. Stepped on one, no bite fortunately. Should have taken the hint at three. Stubborn I guess. Freaking copperheads. Down twinkles.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Time for bed.

I leave you with an old song by the incomparable and tragic beauty Zhou Xuan.

DarkCurrent on June 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Good grief. I’m glad you weren’t bitten.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Good grief. I’m glad you weren’t bitten.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

You and me both INC. I always have on good solid boots and chaps so they would have to get lucky. Thankfully they’re snakes and don’t have any luck. ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

For those of you who venture by here and see this, check this link out, quite accurate actually. Read down to the popular culture part. Irony. Notice the one fairly unique feature of copperheads. Live born, no eggs. Just glad these are rarer around my place. Though common I have only ever seen a couple round here.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Thirteen pages of comments! On this, the fourth or more post on this same issue, in general.

Where to begin today with all of this…the GOP and Romney, specifically, just have to get a handle on this and stop pandering to the corrupt notions and actions of Barack Obama. He’s so clearly violated the Constitution and is so obviously inept at the job…the Right just has to get this point across to others (though all of our comments, I hope, will be taken seriously).

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

The predictable Democrats — some exclaiming, “I’m an attorney, so…” — in media today all gleeful about Obama’s Friday Pander speech/announcement, it’s disgusting.

Aren’t attorney’s sworn as “agents of the courts” or more specifically, representatives of our laws (meaning, our Constitution, to represent agents on that behalf)? Yes, they are.

They aren’t supposed to be in media exclaiming in glee how thrilled they are that a corrupt boob in the Presidency is acting in violation of his Office and the Constitution. But many Democrats are today.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I hate snakes.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

…to represent AS agents on that behalf…

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

To my knowledge, I’ve never seen a copperhead.

Crotalus horridus—the Latin name is quite descriptive.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Good grief. I’m glad you weren’t bitten.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Good grief from me, too, I’m glad you weren’t bitten. Copperhead venom is very deadly…BE EXTRA CAREFUL (though you say you are, still…).

Having grown up in areas with a lot of rattlers and cottonmouths and coral snakes, I sure know you have to step lightly.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I hate snakes.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Ditto.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

It’s very discouraging how few with a public platform have no regard for the Constitution or the concept of the rule of law.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM

To my knowledge, I’ve never seen a copperhead.

Crotalus horridus—the Latin name is quite descriptive.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

They’re very difficult to spot quickly amidst leaf litter (or in general, where they live, amidst tree, bush and leaf litter).

Like all venomouos snakes, they are well camouflaged according to their preferred environs. Very deadly snakes; those “fat cheeks” they have are indicative of very large venom stores (because that’s what those fat pouches are, they’re venom sacks).

I hate snakes, too. Have had many a grim encounter with many varieties of them, unfortunately. Can’t stand them.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Yes, and worse, it seems that most of the Left/Democrat spokespeople who appear commenting in media are attorneys AND they always come out cheering on anti-Constitutional positions, lauding people such as, especially, Obama, when he makes these outrageously corrupt statements with similar actions.

The guy who was just on FOX (Democrat, boasted about how he “was an attorney” and was grinning widely about the action taken yesterday by Obama, you’d know him if you saw his face but I can’t recall his name at this moment)…he was disgusting.

I don’t understand how people such as those can keep professional licenses as attorneys. It’s another indication of just how corrupt the Left is and how they attack our Constitution continuously by one corrupt position after another. It’s like someone claiming to be “a parent” who abuses their child or any child.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Immigration laws are already on the books. Enforce Them!
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on June 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM

After these past two days, I really hope he’s not selected as Romney’s V.P. I mean, I REALLY hope he isn’t.

We need some serious, capable men with proven abilities (“guys with skills”) to ‘do’ the Executive Branch and soon.

I’m not going to support any more of these Golden Boys (or Girls) for the Office of the Presidency and V.P., not that I’ve ever done so in the past but Obama’s proven just how horrible a disaster someone like that can render. If there’s ever been a national car wreck, it’s the Obama Administration. Utter devastation on so many fronts, it’s going to take considerable talent to get our nation back up after Obama’s out of there.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I guess you missed that joana was here.

Flora Duh on June 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

…I think some of the gang…never went to bed…they’re still here.

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

My schedule changes over a matter of a few months, so I go from a night schedule to an early morning one to a late morning one to an evening one predictably over the months. I’m not fond of those chit-chat pages, either but I seem to be routinely on the opposite side of a schedule of most here on the QOTD threads.

I can’t begin to be able to read thirteen earlier pages of comments, but I’ll go take a look at the first two for now.

Everyone, have a good weekend.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Last thing I wanted to add…

After hearing the gleeful acidic happiness today by Democrat talking heads claiming to be “attorneys” cheering on Obama’s inept, crooked, deceitful deed from yesterday, I THINK THE DEMOCRATS ARE EXPECTING THIS ISSUE of illegal aliens, illegal immigration, illegal children “in the pound like puppies and kittens,” etc., they’re expecting it in general to push aside any focus, discussion on the economy, jobs and Obama’s hideous disaster in those areas.

Thus, it just might be politically accurate that Obama has taken this radical, awful path (yesterday’s hideous speech and decision) to do just that: create an issue firestorm that would push aside the focus on his inept abilities in the Presidency, particularly where the economy and jobs are concerned.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

He’s fighting for his political life. He’s always done anything necessary to win.

When he ran against Alice Palmer for IL Senate, who I think was a former friend or colleague, he had his minions go through signatures and challenge them until she was forced off the ballot.

When he ran against Blair Hull (D) for US Senate, the Chicago Trib pressured Hull to open his divorce records. Then when running against Ryan (R) for the seat, the Trib did the same with Ryan on his divorce records.

Details here: http://baseballcrank.com/archives2/2008/10/baseball_hot_st_3.php

I expect him to pull out the stops. I guess we’ll see if the country can survive the Chicago Machine.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Thanks Lourdes, Cindy and INC. I have no hate in my heart for much of anything. Though snakes are a pain in the arse sometimes. They are necessary. Around here black snakes, rat snakes are very highly thought of as they consume many other snakes, copperheads included. Lourdes copperhead bites while bad are not deathly. Cottonmouth and rattlers a different story however. One interesting side note that I don’t believe was mention in the copperhead link. They swim, they cannot however bite while swimming. At any rate I promise to continue to be careful. As we say here. It’s all part of it. ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I just noticed, this thread may make 1300. I’ll check back in when I return from town.; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM

1275.

Doing the jobs thirty year old illegal alien ‘children’ won’t do.

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

There are days that only a sense of humor keeps me going.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I learned something new, thanks. I always heard (“was told”) when growing up (rural, horses, cattle, lots of open land with swamps and lakes everywhere…so perfect habitat for copperheads, rattlers, cottonmouths and more) that copperheads were some sort of rattler, so my mistake there.

I don’t actually “hate” much of anything, either but where snakes are concerned, I had my share of near misses with the deadlies throughout my childhood, teen years and younger adult years so I’ll just say I recoil at the mention of them and truly despise their abilities to take lives.

The stories I could tell but will spare ya’ and others here who didn’t grow up with these experiences like I did.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

1275.

Doing the jobs thirty year old illegal alien ‘children’ won’t do.

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Ha!

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM

INC on June 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM

You’re right, no doubt about it, Barry The Dog Eater is displaying real desperation, the sort of desperation of someone trying to throw eveyrone else overboard because he wants to hoarde that bottle o’ water.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM

WoW!!..1280 comments!!..Wish I would have been here..Sounds like fun!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Dire Straits on June 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

joana is an entertaining pinata! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on June 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM

WoW!!..1280 comments!!..Wish I would have been here..Sounds like fun!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM

There is that infallible memory of yours again.; ) boones farm? No,that’s right, yours was Night Train. LOL !

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM

1283.

Joana is the first living brain donor.

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Man, this Ginsberg woman is a serious buzzkill. I’ll say this much, she is one baby that needs to be thrown out with the bath water. Another obvious reason to rid this great Nation of The Worst President Ever!

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

This will bring tons of chaos.

Schadenfreude on June 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

As it shall.

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Joana is the first living brain donor.

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Good grief! Who would want that brain??

Eren on June 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I have had to deal with snakes today while trying to get some much needed work accomplished. I then went to town and had to deal with tourist and ingrates of every ilk. I have returned home to my blessed and most peaceful place and enjoyed a nice nap. I am preparing to go out for a lovely cocktail cruise with good friends, food, and drink. I should like to return to a thread 1300 and complete. This would make for a day well spent. ; ) If this does occur in my absence, I lay claim now to the spot of 1300. I shared 1000 with the most lovely 4Grace, then we flipped and shared 1100 again, then 1200 was mine alone. Whomever takes the 1300th position on this thread, should it not be me, I would appreciate a Tip of the Hat. Good luck and congrats! ; )

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM

1288
A cocktail cruise sounds like fun!

Flora, sorry I missed you, I had lots of errands today.

I posted some yesterday but had to stop, my blood pressure was through the ceiling. This is going to be an agonizing 5 months.

Eren on June 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I think half the people who’ve commented here in the last day have now been called crazy by Joana.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

And the saying goes, Bmore…more crooked than a barrel of snakes. We’ve all had to deal with Joana, a barrel of ignorance, and yes, INC, we have all been called crazy. It’s the new racist.

Now, is that 1291?

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM

And the beat goes on!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Bmore on June 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on June 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM

INC on June 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

No, nooo, 99% of us have been called “the crazies” by Jo-Jo. And we’re all involved in various Racist organizations which she’s specifically named.

And, she’s not going to read our comments or respond to them but she is reading and responding to them. Because WE’RE “the crazies”. You know, like that.

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM

To the rest of the 99.9% here:

I think the Jo-Jo account is one of those used by multiple persons to hawk and promote and otherwise trash opinions that vary from the source’s sales pitch.

And, it just might be an account intended to create a false front about Romney but it’s certainly hawking Rubio and associated DREAM legislation.

But I don’t think it’s wise to jump to the conclusion that whoever the gang is using that account represents, sincerely, a GOP voice on Romney’s behalf or for his benefit. It just may be that it’s intended to operate as one that sells a false image of him, of the GOP (which is what the Left has done on many campaigns, based upon my experience).

Last election, there was a similar account that posted night/n/day on Politico (“GOPlatino” or maybe it was “GOPlatina”) and hawked Mc/cain non-stop and bitterly harassed anyone who made note of the growing concerns in that regard. It became an issue on that site in comments of not so much being maligned by the Looney Left there (and there are so many of them there) but by that so-called “GOPlatino” account. It used the pretense of the McCain campaign to really harm others on the Right…

Jo-Jo appears to be commenting nearly non-stop and I do notice variations in the “voice” involved so she/he is either really, really, dreadfully insane or there are more than one person using that account. With all the Leftwing insults and ‘special words’ the Left uses used also by that account, my bet is on the fact that the account is a communal one that is used by more than one person.

Just my thoughts…

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I’m racist against anyone that stands between me, a four pack of ginger beer with black seal rum.
1296.

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I stand corrected. :)

Lourdes on June 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

That makes sense.

I’ve not been analyzing her voice in her comments, but I have noticed that sometimes she’ll say something that’s factual and reflects some knowledge and other times she’s off the wall. A while back, one, and only one, of her comments to me was cordial, which was highly unusual.

She also called me a sock puppet yesterday, which was really odd because it was such a nonsensical insult. Either she was someone who hadn’t interacted with me before or else she was just handing out nonsense.

1297

INC on June 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

HornetSting on June 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I love ginger beer. Rum, not so much.

1298

INC on June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

1299

I’ve leave the 1300 to Bmore or someone else.

INC on June 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM