Breaking: Obama administration to loosen deportation rules

posted at 10:44 am on June 15, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

So, the “framing” economic speech yesterday was a bust — yeah, they’re going to need us to move away from that ol’ chestnut pretty quickly — so here comes the next big talking point in the Obama-campaign wheelhouse.

President Obama has decided that the Homeland Security Department will no longer deport younger illegal immigrants who haven’t broken the law, and will instead issue them work permits.

The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin granting work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives. The election-year initiative addresses a top priority of an influential Latino electorate that has been vocal in its opposition to administration deportation policies.

The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act, a long-sought but never enacted plan to establish a path toward citizenship for young people who came to the United States illegally but who have attended college or served in the military.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was to announce the new policy Friday, one week before President Barack Obama plans to address the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials’ annual conference in Orlando, Fla. Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney is scheduled to speak to the group on Thursday.

Updates to follow…

Update: At least as far as the Latino community is concerned (and opinion abounds on the electoral significance of Latinos as a voting group, and whether they really vote so monolithically), this is going to present a stiff challenge for Romney’s campaign. As ABC points out:

The Obama administration is likely to deny that politics played a role in the announcement, but the timing is ideal for the president’s reelection campaign. In the GOP primary, Mitt Romney adopted strictly conservative positions against illegal immigration in his effort to woo right-wing voters. He backs a strong fence along the border with Mexico, opposes most amnesty and boasts of his move as Massachusetts governor to deny in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. …

Obama’s announcement today is likely to curry favor with Hispanics, a key growing voting bloc who could determine the winner in November in important states like Florida, Colorado and Nevada. The president currently beats Romney among Hispanics in polls, but most Latinos say they disapprove of his deportation policy.

Deportation rates under President Obama have actually been relatively high — a point about which many Latino voters and immigration advocates have been displeased. This could be a crucial appeasement-move that will inspire Latinos to get to polls in November.

Can President Obama even do this without Congressional approval? I’m not sure, but then again, it hardly matters. If he can, great; if he can’t, great: It’s just another jab he can aim at an “obstructionist,” “do-nothing” Congress.

Update (Ed): So …. he’s going to hand out hundreds of thousands of work permits when unemployment is at 8.2% nominal, 14.8% U-6, and the civilian participation rate is near the 30-year low Obama set last month (now 63.8%)?  The only thing this accomplishes is driving the labor rate further downward and the unemployment rate further upward.  Work permits make sense when you’re creating jobs, but not when jobs are scarce.  I’m not sure that’s going to endear Obama to unions and blue-collar voters struggling to find work already.

Update (back to Erika): A calculated move to steal some of Sen. Marco Rubio’s alternative-DREAM-Act thunder? It’s widely known that Sen. Rubio has been crafting legislation that would give visas to undocumented immigrants who were brought here as children if they attend college or join the military, though it would not provide legal permanent residency — and President Obama’s plan sounds pretty darn similar. Plenty of Republicans aren’t exactly thanking Rubio for his upcoming proposal, but as a tea-party rockstar with Hispanic roots, Rubio is a major threat to Democrats’ claim that they’re the best political party for Latinos’ interests. Team Obama definitely needed to get out in front on this one.

Update: Here are some immediate reactions from our Congresspeople concerning the Obama campaign’s — er, sorry, I mean, the White House’s — newest immigration policy.

Rep. Allen West, R-Florida

“This is yet another example of executive branch overreach. We have a legislative process that ensures representative governance by the consent of the American people. This action should be crafted into legislation, debated in committee and brought before the House and Senate for vote, with accordance of our Constitutional Republic way. Secretary Napolitano is an unelected administrative bureaucrat who does not have the right to make governing decisions for this country. It is apparent that the goal of the Obama administration is not to govern, but rule by edict. This again is a reflection of the desperation of President Obama and his liberal progressive disciples as November draws nearer. …

Sen. Robert Menendez, D-New Jersey

“For all the young people who call this country their home but have been unable to fulfill their dreams, I am profoundly grateful to the President and the Administration for suspending the deportation of Dreamers. For these young men and women who want to become doctors, teachers, police officers and soldiers, this announcement will change their lives forever.”

Update: Let Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano be clear: This is not to be confused with amnesty.

“A grant of deferred action is not immunity, it is not amnesty,” Napolitano told reporters. “It is an exercise of discretion.”

Update: Sen. Rubio responded by saying that the content of Obama’s proposal is “welcome news,” but was quick to decry the manner of it:

“Today’s announcement will be welcome news for many of these kids desperate for an answer, but it is a short term answer to a long term problem,” the Cuban American Rubio said in a statement. “And by once again ignoring the Constitution and going around Congress, this short term policy will make it harder to find a balanced and responsible long term one.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12 13

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I assumed Rogue Tomato was replying to your statement that all were liberals because you assumed no one would call for impeachment. He was stating an action being taken by King that disputed the idea all were liberals. I thought he was perfectly able to distinguish between a lawsuit and impeachment.

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Oh! I thought that he said that “not calling for impeachment=liberals”! Are you sure about that you just wrote?

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yep, this was my conclusion too, a bit …divide and conquer…henis sooo good at that.

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Yes, he is.

Terrye on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

But it’s just something where you disagree with the large majority of the American voters.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You would be wrong, not that it matters because we have a Rule of Law (we’re supposed to, at least).

This amnesty cr@p killed the GOP before. Just licenses for illegals killed Shrillary’s primary bid. Don’t fool yourself into thinking much of America (citizens and even legal aliens) are behind you. They aren’t. Americans hate amnesty and all the jerks who push it.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You need to pay more attention to my posts:

joana on June 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Let’s all just pause and look at that a moment or more. Enjoy.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Am I? Hm? And an illegal immigrant? Am I brown? Lesbian? Hmm?

Oh, so many questions.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

This is one of thousands of posts. It will probably never be seen. However, if anyone from the wh happens to see this, I hope October you party like rock stars. The wh will need a fumigation team to enter before the new occupant. Your stench reaches all the way to the west coast. In fact, I almost threw up last night from the smell. You are repugnant, immature, and your mama dresses you funny. I really don’t appreciate not being heard. I hate people who ignore my point of view entirely. I usually fire those individuals, and in the great words of our buddy “YOUR FIRED”. Ruling by edict instead of consensus, bitching like a teenager, stomping your feet like a toddler, you continue to tell us we don’t compromise. Well, fela, your days are ending. November approaches like the train when your tied to the tracks. I want to know the numbers the CBO has developed in payroll drop after your loss when all your CZARS are fired. After a good spanking and a dressing down in front of the media, who will cover this, I am going to continue to praise the day until it is completely over. January, when do the walk of shame, don’t leave a letter for the future occupant, about how great you were. Tell him the truth, you suck and were in over your head. After that, walk out and apologize to the American people’s grandchildren for spending them into slavery. Report to Leavenworth to do your time. Kiss moo-shell good bye, and tell your children someone else will need to be called “daddy” from now on. The Chicago machine is broken. The people of this country are not willing to spend another dime fixing it. In fact, I heard it is going in the cash for clunkers trade in. Call me a racist now. Investigate me now. Ruin my life. Do your worst. It will not change your character of deficit. Between now and then, I don’t hold my breath. I expect the vile spew from your mouth to continue. I expect nothing less than the incompetence you exalt upon yourself. Your mirror will crack, Chicago will suck, and you will build your library on the backs of our poverty. Thank you for leaving, and we will send a going away present in an empty envelope.

Molonlabe2004 on June 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Did anyone else catch Joanna’s including Bush in her ‘socialist presidents’ comment earlier ??
No time to search back, (or I’ll burn dinner) but I read it.
‘Nuff said, for me.

pambi on June 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

as a latino conservative who wants to close our borders, and deport illegals, i want to know how you in good conscience can support romney?

Legal Latinos against mitt 2012

renalin on June 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

What the crazies fail to understand is that I don’t idolize anyone, let alone Romney.

As I said multiple times, Romney was just the lesser evil in a sorry field. I’m hoping he isn’t as bad as Obama and Bush and fairly confident he’ll be much better, but if he ends up being like them, I’ll call him out as a socialist as well.

Understood now? Nah, I doubt it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Do you find his reponse adequate? i think he did a good job, trying not to inflame the matter even further with some incendiary comments…..He didn’t say anything that could be used against him later on in Dem ads, depicting him as a rabid racist, etc…

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Joana has pretty much dominated and ruined this thread. I see no point in following it anymore.

The Rogue Tomato on June 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

What else can he do, he’s not in congress/senate, he’s not president….it’s not really his battle at this point…he can reverse it and do it right legally speaking, but only if he is president…

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Seriously?!?……”not his battle?”….he is running for POTUS isn’t he?
Listen, as long as Mitt wants to be POTUS, anything that affects this country or it’s people IS his battle.

tencole on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

i hope Sarah pins mitts ears back for this tonite.

renalin on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Nah, she’s Janet N. Just don’t let her call you “dear”.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yeah.

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You thought correctly. joana is simply being a typical libturd.

The Rogue Tomato on June 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Bye, joana.

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I’m still trying to wrap my brain around how an accredited journalist asking a question of the President is “heckling.”

El Dillo on June 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Stop talking to Joana. She is messing with you.

Terrye on June 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

And I think you’re snobbish Liberal, who snuck in to HA, pretending to be a Moderate Romney supporter.

kingsjester on June 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

The difference between the two being…?

Dunedainn on June 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

The strike in my above comment should have been in blockquote.

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

No time to search back, (or I’ll burn dinner) but I read it.
‘Nuff said, for me.

pambi on June 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I’ve called Bush a socialist president multiple times before. I mean, Medicare Expansion? NCLB? The Highway Bill? The Energy Bill? The explosion in spending and entitlements? The wiretapping? The explosion in regulation? The expansion of the executive power?

I’m a small government conservative. A minarchist, actually. A guy like Bush is way to my left.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Herr Obama and Senor Rubio can both go to Hell or to Mexico.

VorDaj on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Seriously?!?……”not his battle?”….he is running for POTUS isn’t he?

tencole on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Excuse him for mot putting a drama queen performance a la his opponent….

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Agreed. That’s why I think Obama won’t win many votes with this – I trust Romney’s team to not do anything stupid.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Bye, joana.

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I’m confused. So, King suing proves he isn’t a liberal even though he doesn’t have the guts to call for an impeachment?

I mean, do you think Obama should be impeached? Do you think there’s a a conservative case to not impeach him?

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Weren’t the same folks now having wet DREAMS in favor of this the same ones who decried the Bush “imperial” presidency?

Fredo on June 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Am I? Hm? And an illegal immigrant? Am I brown? Lesbian? Hmm?

Oh, so many questions.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Are you an Aries? Capricorn?

It doesn’t actually matter to me. It’s just that I was feeling “left out”, and wanted to “get on the bandwagon”.

listens2glenn on June 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Western European democracies don’t have any of the features you were touting. They aren’t classless, have worse economies than us, have a lower standard of living etc. The only reason they can “afford” their massive, lavish but still failing welfare states is because they have the American guarantee of safety provided by our military. They also enjoy a lot less liberty than we do directly as a result of their marxist lessons learned.

gwelf on June 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

So you’ve never been then….

libfreeordie on June 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I have been, and you’re so full of sh!t it pushing through the hair follicles on your head. In no way does Western (or Eastern) Europe match with the pile of slop you presented as truth. Not only are you a libtard troll but a delusional liar to boot.

StompUDead on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

The Rogue Tomato on June 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

This is one of my comments from this morning:

Is this going to be another thread that commenters are going to allow libfreeordie take over?

Don’t respond to this person and when he gets tired of talking to himself, he’ll leave.

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM

If it’s not one moby/troll it’s another. Getting old. Other Forums/Blogs don’t have this continously.

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Fredo on June 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM

And vice-versa.

In the end the Constitutional angle doesn’t matter – strictly from an electoral perspective – because few care and out of those few, the large majority are hypocrites on both fringes who only worry when it’s the other side doing it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

So you’ve never been then….

libfreeordie on June 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I’ve lived there, and every word he says is true. You, on the other hand…

Dunedainn on June 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Excuse him for mot putting a drama queen performance a la his opponent….

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Drama?……I’d settle for a “press release”.

tencole on June 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Just to update, apparently MSNBC is accusing Neil Munro, for asking President Obama a question, of being…

…wait for it…

…RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!!!!!1!!onehundredeleven!!!!1!

We’re in rough shape, folks.

El Dillo on June 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I don’t really believe you. You were effectively excusing Obama’s tactic by saying, “Bush did it too, nobody cares.” Excusing Obama’s actions by saying “WELL BUSH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!” is a typical liberal tactic.

I also have trouble believing someone like you, falsely posing as a “moderate” supporter of Rubio’s DREAM Act, would ever claim Bush was a “socialist.” Moderates loved Bush.

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Can you imagine the EEO lawsuits that are going to result from turned-down job applicants when they see holders of dubiously-legal work permits being hired over them?

I don’t think these temporary, for-the-next-2-year-only-work-permit issues in this economy are going to get illegal immigrants the jobs that Obama wants them to think they will. Especially not in this economy. Especially not if employers are being exposed to legal action if they hire them.

The sooner someone starts explaining this to the latino community– you may not get a job, but we’ll know who you are– the sooner this dies down. It’s all political theater and Obama is the cynical puppet master.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Understood now? Nah, I doubt it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I thot you were on record being a devout Romney supporter. Don’t you recall those conversations in Feb?

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

AZfederalist

OK, if you say so. Take him to court.

lostmotherland on June 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

LOL, O’bama doesn’t respect “courts”.

FAIL-

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Anyone just hear Napolitano announce at her presser that undocumented aliens are going to have to prove that they are, um… undocumented… in order to qualify for this directive? They have to prove they haven’t left the country in the last 5 years? They have to prove their parents brought them here illegally?

They’re not only making lists of the applicants, but of the applicants’ parents. This ought to be good.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Yeps. Of course, the crazies can’t really understand something like “he’s better than the alternatives” – which I always said. To them, it equates to “I’m a liberal who loves Romney”. By the way, your former ally angryed, what happened to him? You guys can’t gang up anymore to attack me as a liberal while pretending to be “True conservatives”?

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM

So you’ve never been then….

libfreeordie on June 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

StompUDead on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Don”t worry, he’s a Cretin who often argues with people born and raised fhere (based on his wikiinfo about that of the world) often telling how great European democracies are….not a word about the mild dictatorship that the EU is, the huge democratic deficit in the EU, lack of political accountability, etc…he thinks that if he went there on some student exchange or a cheap student vacation in some youth hostel, that gives him the legitimacy to comment on all things european..he actually thinks he’s an expert on it…typically pathetic, delusional leftist troll..did I metnion jerk too..

jimver on June 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I can’t see the “undocumenteds” going for that kind of thing. Under the radar is what they want and to tell them they now have to ‘fess up isn’t going to go very far. They don’t trust government for a reason.

totherightofthem on June 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Herr Obama and Senor Rubio can both go to Hell or to Mexico.

VorDaj on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hah, you repeated yourself, but you were right.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Am I? Hm? And an illegal immigrant? Am I brown? Lesbian? Hmm?

Oh, so many questions.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

So that’s a “yes,” then. O.K.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

She just likes to sound condescending so everyone will think she’s bright. She can’t keep an idea in her head from one post to another, but argues that anyone who disagrees with her is a nut job. I don’t think she is a Republican, let alone a conservative. I have started scrolling right past her posts. They aren’t worth reading.

Night Owl on June 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Wait, you’re saying I’m a liberal because I attack Bush and that I’m a moderate because I love Bush?

I’m not excusing Obama with Bush. That would only make sense if I liked Bush. I dislike them both.

And I’m not posing as a moderate supporter or Rubio’s Dream Act.

I am a very conservative supporter of Rubio’s Dream Act. Like Jeff Flake – arguably the most conservative congressman in Washington. Of course, the crazy also calls Flake a RINO and a liberal because of his positions on immigration. Then again, I care as much as him about what people like you think.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

this is the 434th time an unconstitutional EO is issued this decade, people do care.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

“This decade” began on January 1, 2010.

Are you claiming with a straight face that O’bama has already issued 434 illegal EOs?

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

If you were, you wouldn’t like Mitt.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Am I? Hm? And an illegal immigrant? Am I brown? Lesbian? Hmm?

Oh, so many questions.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

So that’s a “yes,” then. O.K.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Oh well. Time to fly back to Mecca, I guess. Lourdes outed me as a lesbian illegal Muslim immigrant.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

No, I’m saying you’re a liberal falsely posing as a conservative, and that you’re trying to establish “conservative creds” by saying “Bush is a socialist.” Get it?

I am a very conservative supporter of Rubio’s Dream Act.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Right, right, keep on talking. Perhaps you should have described yourself as “severely conservative” instead, then you might have really convinced people!

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

The Rogue Tomato on June 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

(1.) She (or he, whatever) does that on every thread she or he comments on, though “comments on” is a big understatement;

(2.) His or her motive is to disrupt the comments; and,

(3.) Not making issue of his or her comments made is wrong because he or she then represents the comments attitude by appearing countered.

I don’t know how to contend with trollage such as that. It’s not my site, I don’t have banning capabilities but users here have been banned for far less offenses than “joana” continues to engage in.

It’s up the site as to how to contend with her or him. But for me, for everyone else here with exception of the other noted Liberals who behave similarly as does “joana,” they are here to disrupt, that’s their goal.

At least they provide the foil upon which everyone else can make their points, despite them jamming up these comments to such numbers that they become inaccessible to most (most of us don’t have time to read through them all nor to hang-out here for days on end to try to comment accordingly).

I dunno…but I think most here quickly understand what that user account is about, same with the handfull of his or her peers.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

If you were, you wouldn’t like Mitt.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Understood now? Nah, I doubt it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Q.E.D.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

totherightofthem on June 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Exactly. Right now, on Los Angeles talk radio, self-identified Latinos are phoning in to say just that. The illegal underground is not stupid.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Yeps. And Rubio and Jeff Flake are communists. And illegal immigrants too.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

INC on June 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yes, INC, if there is any confusion, it must be on your part- LOL

Night Owl on June 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

The Rogue Tomato on June 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Note that he or she continues to promote “Rubio” and “Rubio’s DREAM” mess on about every other comment made here and on other threads. My guess is she or he is motivated by another nationality or by some racial/ethnic basis she or he is refusing to disclose. Thus, he or she is promoting ‘amnesty by another name’ via Rubio and Rubio’s DREAM thing, or, she or he is trying radically to make Rubio appear as nutty as she or he is, by association.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

And a large majority of the Americans agree with what I said above, so this is good politics as you’re implementing a policy almost everybody approves.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Upstream in this thread, you claimed that “a large majority of Americans” approved Rubio’s plan. Another poster challenged you to prove it with polling data, and you didn’t. Care to do so for me?

BTW, I just did a quick search of my own, and found no such evidence of what you claim.

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Moby…

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Cruz: Obama Amnesty Decision Cravenly Political, Lawless

June 15, 2012

By Team Cruz

KERRVILLE—Ted Cruz (R-Texas), conservative candidate for U.S. Senate, made the following statement today regarding President Obama’s new amnesty policy:

“The Constitution places on the President the solemn responsibility to ‘take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.’ President Obama has repeatedly defied the Constitution and flouted the rule of law. His latest decision to refuse to enforce our immigration laws is cravenly political, lawless, and wrong.

“We have a crisis in illegal immigration, and the federal government must get serious about securing our borders; this latest Obama policy is nothing more than an attempt to enact back-door amnesty, and I categorically oppose amnesty.”

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Nah, she’s Janet N. Just don’t let her call you “dear”.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Too late, I’ve already read she’s called me “dear” and “darling.”

Sounded like hissing to me.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

No need to doubt, joana. I understand way better than you can ever imagine.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Am I? Hm? And an illegal immigrant? Am I brown? Lesbian? Hmm?

Oh, so many questions.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Alinsky didn’t get his money’s worth with you.

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Are you Muslim, “joana”?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Nah, she’s Janet N. Just don’t let her call you “dear”.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Could be Geraldo…

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Too late, I’ve already read she’s called me “dear” and “darling.”

Sounded like hissing to me.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Nah, not hissing. It’s condescension pure.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Ohhhh, the reason you continue to complain about the Imaginary Boogies who are “members of the Black Panthers and Stormfront” “here” is because they’re too Liberal for you! Now I understand!!

/ not really.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

From the Obama presser:

This is not amnesty, this is not immunity, this is not a path to citizenship. This is not a permanent fix.

So under a directive with a 2-year limit, which could be rescinded by another executive order in another administration, which could be overturned by a court at any time, which may or may not get me a job or acceptance to a college, I should tell the Feds all about me and my illegal immigrant parents?

And prove my age, my continuous residence in the U.S. for 5 years, that I am who I say I am… without documents?

Word about the stupidity of this is spreading in the SoCal communities as I type.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I doubt it’s anything like that. Just a typical liberal open borders advocate is all.

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Obamnesty has now been declared by KOTUS (King of the United States of America)

redridinghood on June 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Because I already did that.

Asked what should be done with young people brought here illegally who are attending college or have enlisted in the military, a 49 percent plurality agreed that Congress should allow them to remain in the country “and guarantee them that they can become American citizens if they complete their studies or military service.” Another 35 percent said that Washington should instead allow them to remain here and “apply for citizenship … but not guarantee them that they can become American citizens.”

49% are in favour of allowing them to stay + path to citizenship
35% are in favour of allowing them to stay with no path to citizenship

The support for allowing them to stay is 84%.

Three out of four registered voters in Arizona support the Dream Act, according to a new state poll.

The Merrill/Morrison Institute survey indicated that 73 percent of registered voters support the Dream Act — 45 percent of them strongly.

Conducted by the Republican-leaning firm North Star Opinion, the HLN poll showed support of “55 to 32 percent, including 58 to 24 percent among Republicans, 57 to 33 percent among Independents, 52 to 39 percent among Democrats, and 57 to 33 percent among Hispanics.”

Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans support a measure that would give legal status to illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children if they join the military or go to college, according to a new national survey.

delusional nutbag
Whatever your trails and tribulations in Life, I wish you luck,
you certainly need it.

ToddPA on June 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Chill out. That sounds sort of bitter and overemotional.

ps – I deleted the url links to pass the filter. Request the ones you which.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It’s quite amazing you did a research on your own and didn’t find anything. Not surprising though.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Understood now? Nah, I doubt it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, you were one of the pom-pom waving cheerleaders for Romney during the entire primary campaign even back when there were true conservatives still in the race. At that time, you were out there with the “sis-boom-bah Romney’s the only electable one!” BS. Now you claim to be conservative and that Romney was just the lesser evil? Your previous comments were far from “lesser of the evils” and more in line with the comments one would expect from a full-fledged Romney supporter and more likely a member of the Romney campaign staff itself. Yeah, you are real believable. Let’s be charitable and just say that consistency isn’t exactly your strong suit.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

That must be it.

Anyone who supports Rubio and Rubio’s bill is fueled by race.

Reported. Time for some of you to follow angryed.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

How does Homeland Security plan on determining when and at what age a lot of these illegals came here? It would seem impossible to really know in a lot of cases. Of course, in the long run it probably won’t matter. They’ll wind up passing out work permits to anyone who is under 30.

TarheelBen on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Understood now? Nah, I doubt it.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

You’re either lying or misremembering.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

That’s the second time you’ve claimed to be “lesbian” so I take it that’s a go, too.

Since you’re hot and heavy on, among other things, Rubio’s DREAM mess (I swear this is a serious comment), from where did you “immigrate” as an “immigrant”? I ask because ethnicity, some sort of anti-American nationality interest, Rubio and amnesty for illegal aliens, combined with a great mush of Leftwing propaganda, is what you continue to write in your ongoing comments, and in multiple locations, consistently.

SINCE you’re consistent in promoting these issues, I am assuming you have “counter national” goals at heart. They certainly reveal an “anti White majority nationality” interest and in doing so, racism/prejudice about “Whites” as you refer to “them”.

These are YOUR issues YOU’ve mentioned, I am simply repeating what you’ve placed in your comments. Contrary to your hyperbole, I have no racial prejudices: race isn’t my preoccupation and I rarely if ever think about it to any degree except when I encounter actual racists who promote themselves by race.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Q.E.D.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

So much for QED … LOL.

pambi on June 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yeah, that’s pretty much where she tripped up. She was doing pretty well until that point. The moment she claimed to be a “minarchist,” her credibility in my eyes collapsed.

Plus, of the candidates, Romney has actually been the furthest to the right on immigration issues (if only by virtue of not making any dumb statements about it like some of the other candidates), which punches more holes in her story.

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Well, if I’m a Muslim, I don’t know. Saudi Arabia? Afghanistan?

Dear, you have serious issues.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Don’t kid yourself, precious. As our impotent Vice-Potentate “BiteMe” so eloquently proclaims, “It’s a BIG fu*king deal!”

TheClearRiver on June 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Exactly!!! Because you know, the dream of every minarchist is to support Big Labor, Medicare expansion champion Santorum or Moon-colonist, Venture Capital is evil, Newt Gingrich.

And if I disagree with Romney in immigration – I do, as I do in many other issues -, that means I can’t prefer him over the alternatives.

The crazy: don’t ever try to understand their logic.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Don’t kid yourself, precious.

TheClearRiver on June 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Okay. Can you please quickly list the number of Congressmen and Senators calling for an impeachment?

I’ll wait.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Moby….

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

totherightofthem on June 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

The “underground economy” is a mostly cash-only one. People enjoy a higher income when they don’t have to report their income as in, say, filing tax returns and paying taxes, which citizens must do if they have earned and reportable income.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens enjoy a cash-economy without accountability for what cash they have at their disposal. Thus, many of them can drive around in new trucks and cars, enjoy more options on a cash basis than taxpaying, income reporting citizens, while claiming little to no income when asked and then receive social services especially in “sanctuary” locations such as Los Angeles.

Citizens might be paid more but they end up being poorer, is the result, and their responsibilities greater, particularly financially, for the undue liabilities and other costs presented by illegal aliens.

AND an illegal alien who has a child IN the U.S. then hooks up to the gravy train of social services income and “benefits” associated with that child who they then claim responsibility for…and that then means they get to remain here unless they engage in OTHER crimes while doing so.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

It’s obvious that he or she isn’t actually a “Romney supporter” but another Leftwing agitator.

They show up and take the low road and insist it’s the high one while covertly acting as that-which-they-aren’t. I think the Left uses this process on most elections, infiltrating in some sort of poor attempt at espionage. Instead, they just end up looking like like the puppet that they are.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

You’re either lying or misremembering.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

No, dear. AZFederalist is doing neither. I, too, remember your full-throated cheering on of Romney.

totherightofthem on June 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Another one of my comments from this morning:

MelonCollie on June 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Many forums/blogs have monitors and control this type of troll that way. HA doesn’t and it is up to the commenters to control it. I’ve seen every thread that libfreeordie is on take over the topic due to others’ responding. That just encourages a troll. That is their purpose; talk about what THEY want to talk about. It’s an intended DISTRACTION.

Regarding the lunatic on the street corner…Why would anyone stay around and listen to him?

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

That must be it.

Anyone who supports Rubio and Rubio’s bill is fueled by race.

Reported. Time for some of you to follow angryed.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

“Reported”? To George Soros? For what?

And why should anyone “follow angryed”? I mean, whattheheck are you even TALKING about? Too much Happy Juice in your diet lately?

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Moby…..

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Anyone who supports Rubio and Rubio’s bill is fueled by race.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

You really, really do.not.understand.anything.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

O.K.

In this latest case, today was my first woeful experience in encountering the Troll O’ The Moment. It’s like….one reads along in comments, finds a point to be made, makes it, then it’s farther along one discovers one’s engaged the Troll O’ The Moment.

So my mistake in even attempting to converse, at this rate, not going to continue to try.

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

You’re either lying or misremembering.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

He’s doing neither one and you know it. If you don’t, then you are the one that is not remembering. Or rather hoping we have forgotten, LOL No, dearie, we remember:-) I’m sure you don’t want your comments re-posted, do you? That’s why I asked you if you remembered Feb….You were busted..that’s a hint:-)

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I’m confused.
joana on June 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Yes. Seems to be a lifestyle.

katy the mean old lady on June 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I know what you mean. Too many were responding to the trolls, that it was so difficult trying to read the thread. Not just this one, but many others as well. I normally don’t respond, but in joana’s case, she/he needed to be reminded that not all of us are newbies here:-)

bluefox on June 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Moby………

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

The crazy: don’t ever try to understand their logic.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I note you conveniently left out Rick Perry, who in fact was perceived as a more conservative and a fairly credible alternative to Romney for a period time.

By all means though, keep calling the entire comment board “crazy.” It’s pretty entertaining watching you flail around like this. :)

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Yes. Seems to be a lifestyle.

katy the mean old lady on June 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

You’re either lying or misremembering.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Yeah, whatever. I must not have gotten into those “discussions” with you about Romney’s lack of conservative credentials or other discussions during the primary threads. I’m sure the others here also “misremember” the same as I do.

So, who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes, eh?

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Yeps, the idiotic machine hack from Texas corrupt establishment. What a monster!

Doomberg on June 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Not the entire comment board. When I call you crazy, I mean you are crazy. The fact that you seem to believe you represent the entire comment board only certifies I’m correct in my assumption.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Let’s all make joana’s dream come true .. Call it her dream act: QED (quoted from her very own self)

pambi on June 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Wonder if we’ll know by November, how many of them actually sign up under this directive. I’m telling you, if the RNC or Rove’s group started running “by all means, sign up today! Obama will get back to you” ads directed at the latino community, this thing would die a gasping death fast

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So, who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes, eh?

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Well, produce links. I need to produce the same links over and over because the crazy aren’t even able to google a few polls. Yet, the crazy never produces any links.

Romney is a center-right technocrat – that’s my opinion of him since 4 years ago, when I supported like 5 guys before him – who was the most conservative and viable candidate on this primary. That’s what I’ve always said. If you people were too over-emotional and started screaming “RINO!!! LIBERAL!!” as maniac freaks at anyone who defended Romney, that’s not my fault. And yeah, that’s what you would do.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Lourdes on June 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Good observation. Based upon the comments being made today, I was coming to the same conclusion. Back during the primaries and before, Romney was the one they wanted to run against, hence the agitator was actively and strongly advocating that Romney was the right guy. Now we are seeing a move away from that. Would not be surprised to see in the next several months that she comes out and starts berating Romney supporters as racists and going against all of the “progress that’s been made in the last 3 1/2 years” and how we are idiots for not supporting “The Won”.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Yeps. Rubio, Jeff Flake et al. are also liberal who’ve infiltrated the party. That deranged freak who thinks Latinos have a genetic and cultural predisposition to break the law and think Rubio’s law is “ethnic-cleansing” is the true conservative.

Moving away from what? Romney was, by far, the strongest candidate we could have running from an electability perspective. Anyone who disagrees with this is just a total and complete idiot. Back then and now. And I fully support him now as I did during the primary. I can fully support people I don’t fully agree ideologically – I understand that for a person of your type, that’s simply impossible to grasp.

joana on June 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM