Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on June 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

A space of only five minutes revealed a lot about the aggressive new phase an increasingly confident Mitt Romney is entering.

In a poke at President Barack Obama, the Republican challenger timed a speech in Ohio on the economy to begin just minutes before his Democratic rival gave a major address on the same topic in the same battleground state…

Breaking from his habit of playing it safe with his media appearances, he will appear on CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday and is likely to speak to other television networks he has avoided in recent weeks.

***

Republican nominee Mitt Romney’s guerrilla tactics continued Thursday, as the campaign bus circled the venue where President Barack Obama will be speaking this afternoon.

As it passed the assembled throngs of supporters awaiting entry to the event at Cuyahoga Community College, the bus honked its horn dozens of times, before circling around to do it again. Obama supporters jeered and booed each time the bus passed the line outside of the security screening area…

An Obama campaign aide responded to the Romney effort saying “that’s not our style,” adding “campaigns are a reflection of the candidate.”

***

Talk about a venue change.

Fresh from giving an economic speech in the heart of the industrial Rust Belt, President Barack Obama headed to Manhattan’s Greenwich Village on Thursday to hold a big-dollar campaign fundraiser with rich donors at the home of “Sex and the City” actress Sarah Jessica Parker

During a speech at a community college in Cleveland, the president charged that Republican Mitt Romney, a multimillionaire private equity executive and former governor of Massachusetts, would hollow out the middle class.

The evening fundraiser, co-hosted by Parker’s husband, actor Matthew Broderick, and Vogue magazine editor Anna Wintour, was decidedly not a showcase of all things middle class. Tickets cost $40,000 and 50 people were expected to attend.

***

But there is one group of people Obama has to listen to: the people who give him large sums of money. He recently attended his 150th fundraiser. That’s more than the number attended by the last four presidents put together…

He’s also had plenty of chances to absorb the advice of the kind of rich liberals who like to give money to Democratic presidents. And the evidence that he has taken some of that advice is his initiatives on three controversial issues, each of which involves serious political risk…

The question is, is he listening to anyone else?

***

At DreamWorks Studios, Steven Spielberg spent three hours explaining how to capture an audience’s attention and offered a number of ideas that will be rolled out before Election Day. An early example of Spielberg’s influence is RomneyEconomics.com, a website designed by the Obama team to tell the story — a horror story, by their reckoning — of Mitt Romney’s career at Bain Capital. Afterward, Spielberg insisted that Messina sit down with the DreamWorks marketing team. Hollywood movie studios are expert, as presidential campaigns also must be, at spending huge sums over a few weeks to reach and motivate millions of Americans.

***

Prior to President Barack Obama’s marathon 54 minute speech in Ohio today, the Obama campaign sent our several statements promising the speech would be a major address framing the campaign going forward. Despite the hype, the speech was mainly a rehash of themes and ideas from the president’s recent stump speeches and his remarks were widely panned as overly long by the political press corps.

In the speech, President Obama outlined his view that this election is a choice between “two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take.” He characterized Mitt Romney’s vision as being the same as the “policies of the last decade,” specifically deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy while he described his own “vision for America” as boiling down to five things: “Education. Energy. Innovation. Infrastructure. And a tax code focused on American job creation and balanced deficit reduction.” President Obama also stressed that the economic crisis began during the Bush administration and that is “started growing again” after he took office and has since “continued to grow.”

All of these points have already been featured in the president’s other recent speeches. Between the pre-speech hype from the campaign, the lack of new material and the overall length of the speech reporters were clearly dissatisfied with end result.

***

“Now you may have heard that President Obama is on the other side of the state and he’s going to be delivering a speech on the economy. He’s doing that because he has not delivered a recovery for the economy,” Romney said during a speech in Cincinnati. “But don’t forget, he’s been president for three and a half years. And talk is cheap. Action speaks very loud.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Thx for your 2 cents. Opinions are like____holes. Everyone has one. Are you the ADHD-so/con? :)
Not a fan nor am I fan of other shenanigans.
I plead the 5th for now. Not feel’n the hammer.
Carry on.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Yeah, but Doc Zero has better legs.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Well then there’s that, then. ;)

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

*clink* to all…..;)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I’m digging the new talent Erika, shes very good thus far. Good wit, good snark, good reads.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yep, she’s impressive.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

When work slows down..I will read more. Not familiar yet.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

*clink* to all…..;)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

angrymike! *clink*! brother, you must be feeling better. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Very Good tune!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

for those of us who too easily get our hopes up, here’s Amity Shlaes reminding us of FDR

Why the victory, then or now? The first is the sympathy vote. Voters were down, and they identified with a president who was embattled; Roosevelt, not a businessman but a lawyer after all, managed to make a dragon of business and the economy when the true cause of the downturn’s duration was policy.

Roosevelt also achieved the astounding feat of convincing voters that patience was necessary even though, in his first campaign, he had made speed of change the central issue: the New Deal plan offered in 1933 was not the “100 Months,” it was the Hundred Days.

Obama, too, draws sympathy, partly because economics is not his main area, either. The president also seems able to convince voters that long-term improvement will substitute for his early promise of instant delivery. Back in 2008, Obama often cited Roosevelt’s speedy legislation. His administration encouraged people to liken its fast work to Roosevelt’s Hundred Days.
Patience Required

Now, however, the president talks patience, as in Atlanta this month. “So here’s the thing, though — this is not a three- year project. This is an eight-year project. So I need you one more time, too.”

Other advantages for the president? Backloading. The worst pain resulting from administration policy is backloaded to occur after November 2012, when tax increases come and Obamacare takes hold. Roosevelt signed Social Security into law in 1935. But only in 1937, after Roosevelt won, did the government levy the new payroll tax. Then there is spending. Roosevelt spent systematically. Each interest group — labor, senior citizens, farmers — got a break. Almost every county was rewarded with a federally subsidized building.

Obama, too, came out spending, starting with the original stimulus outlay, and kept doing so. The spending is the anesthesia that makes you forget the disease.

here’s the whole depressing thing. 1. most people are idiots 2. the propaganda is fierce 3. there’s lots of folks who just want enough money from uncle sugar to pay their bills

barry’s campaign hasn’t even started…the vile will be over the top. Routine anti-Mormon scare tactic…Scare on SS/Medicare/Foodstamps…people will die in the streets…oh, did I mention that Romney is the face of the rich, white, evil Man who has been screwing us over for the last 200 years?

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

See John we agree on that. ; )

bazil9, I think you will enjoy her. Good stuff. A very optimistic approach. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Mike..double clink to you! Dont go overboard..your still mending. :)
I will have one for ya :)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Nice tune by the way bazil9. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Very Good tune!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Thx, you seem to like my “taste”. :)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Opinions are like____holes. Everyone has one.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Exactly. And some smell like crap, and some smell like roses.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

They have been brutal everywhere you look.

JPeterman on June 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Yeah. Brutally honest.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

That warms the soul!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

If the land gets fooled twice, by the same charlatan, she deserves him fully.

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

just want enough money from uncle sugar to pay their bills

r keller

I thought ole Bloomturd banned Uncle Sugar./

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Army birthday? 237th, that’s a long time. All for good. What a special country this is.

Thanks to all you Army vets.

When’s Navy day? That was my gig.

wolly4321 on June 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Exactly. And some smell like crap, and some smell like roses.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

LOL! Latter or former for you?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

rogerb, question, did you really think my comment on the Sandra Fluke thread was out of line and should have been deleted?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Can’t rightly say. Never saw it that I know of.

I remember seeing a discussion about it, and I wondered partly if I was being asked for some input then, but I wasn’t sure how/what was going on so I just decided to bid my time.

I’ve had stuff get hung up in the filters before. Innocuous things like AA while discussing the state of HBCUs. There’s no telling.

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

BO- we dont want your disease!

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Schadenfreude on June 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Agree. Very sad to me…I think progress is defined by liberty…not slavery to the whims of the apparatchik and their ‘plans’

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

It’s a Sandra Fluke thread. If you’re gonna venture on there, you better be prepared.
It’s like going to a strip club and getting all in a huff about the $5.95 ribeye steak lunch special.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yep, she’s impressive.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

+ 100..Yes she is doing very well!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Latter or former for you?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I’m like most people. I think I smell like roses, but…

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

What do y’all know about this google + thing folks are inviting me to join? Anyone?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Mine would be of the rose variety. :)

Yours?

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

thanks for making me laugh.

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Exactly. And some smell like crap, and some smell like roses.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

There is a movie with that line in it!!..I just can’t put my finger on it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I started it up there, which you would never know, cause Allah is busting my hump and deleting comments. ; ) Say did you link this to your nic yet?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

and no less from Big Brown Beaver-lmao… alrighty then.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Mine would be of the rose variety. :)

Yours?

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I always end up stinking up the joint, and have to make a hasty exit.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

thanks for making me laugh.

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Always glad to be of service, I enjoy reading your comments. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

roflmao..That is classic!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

>>>passing you the Lysol spray. ;)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

wolly4321 on June 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I don’t know off-hand, but a huge thank you for your service.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

btw, Spielberg is something of a nut. I remember reading that he said he actually thought that aliens (astrobiological type) would visit the earth during his lifetime

artists go by a different muse…which is why we should not be governed by the sensibilities of vaudvillians

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m on an iPad, can’t see it.
Fluke will bring out the slut in all of us. $3,000 a year on contraception, that’s a lot of, well, you know.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

No Allah deleted the first three plus listenstoglenns quote of all three. I would gladly re comment it here, but Allah seems a little sensitive about it. I have no idea why. It was quite tame. Especially compared to some of the stuff posted down thread from me. Oh well sorry I asked, I thought you had seen it. Keep up the fine work rogerb, You’ve been keeping after them real good. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

KISS works for me.

JPeterman on June 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

It works for me too..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

and no less from Big Brown Beaver-lmao… alrighty then.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I get all the tips.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Big Brown Beaver..I see you have had experience. Those strip lunch buffets huh? lol
Some dried up old meat, either way. If its $5.95..there is a reason. lmao

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Some dried up old meat, either way. If its $5.95..there is a reason. lmao

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

And that’s just the talent.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You make a good point!!..But I like a lot of Jazz Shaw’s work so what do I know!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I don’t know off-hand, but a huge thank you for your service.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

+ 100..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Maybe George Soros’s lawyer called. I hear he has a lot of good ones.

slickwillie2001 on June 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I like a lot of Jazz Shaw’s work so what do I know!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I like Jazz a lot. Plus, what a trooper, whenever there is slack, there is Jazz posting a dozen stories a day.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

What ever happened to Julia? Working the strip rib eye buffet?

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Working the strip rib eye buffet?

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I worked with a client who was a complete horn dog and dragged me into strip clubs in the middle of the flippin’ day. There is nothing quite as pathetic and seedy as the midday stripping experience. Highly recommended.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

When will scotus on obamacare hit? 23rd? That’s gonna be huge. It’s here.

These are large times.

wolly4321 on June 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Not to jump all over your pessimism, but BHO is no FDR; he is more like Jimmy Carter who tried the same ploy. Media was fully in the tank for Carter and there was no alternate media aside from a few mimeographed sheets available from your local conspiracy group. People bought FDR’s stuff because it was the first time the US had been subjected to that crap and people then were still pretty deferential to government propaganda. Now, people are hurting and no amount of BHO’s BS are going to tell them things are fine when they and/or their neighbors are out of work, under-employed, or fearful for their jobs.

November won’t be a cake walk and we can’t be complacent, but it is winnable.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Asking’s not bothering. I don’t usually frequent these places so late but had a late night with the family and thought I’d check on my extended bunch and see how y’all were arguing.

Efficiently, it appears. I’m off to try and sleep. Have fun.

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

If anyone is looking for a troll to poke, a new one (I think) just popped up over on the “Romeny and Obama in a statistical tie” thread.

Umm…not deliberately destroy America’s economy

Oh–you mean, like the GOP Congress’s holding our full faith and credit hostage to the wet dreams of Grover Norquist (pursuant to the stated primary aim of the GOP congressional leaders to deny Obama a second term, irrespective of consequences)? That sort of thing?

In other words: got any specifics to back up your empty platitudes, or are you as vacuous as everyone else on this site?

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Is Lanceman still around? He always likes a troll to tackle.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I agree!..Jazz can definitely turn out the blog posts!!..He does a very good job and makes some good points!!..:)

PS..Jazz and Rick Moran have a show on blogtalk radio that is very good!..They have good guests!..Rino Hour of Power!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

bazil9, guess what Mrs B just took out of the oven for me?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Also been digging on Howard Portnoy.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Cool, always good to see you rogerb, what kind of music do you fancy? If any at all?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

experience. Highly recommended.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Heh..I work in an industry of horn men..been myself. :)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Umm…not deliberately destroy America’s economy

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Is Lanceman still around? He always likes a troll to tackle.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Well, when El Txagurro’s mom gets off the pole, tell her I like my steak bloody. I’m headed over to play.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Dire..I like me some keep it simple stupid too…

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

November won’t be a cake walk and we can’t be complacent, but it is winnable.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

+ 100..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Mitt KNOWS what he is walking in to.

wolly4321 on June 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I hope you are right, but it is a risky undertaking. If Romney came out of the appearance on “Face the Nation” looking like a winner, that may seal Barry’s fate, and I do not know C-BS will not do its darnest to prevent that.

bayview on June 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

bazil9, guess what Mrs B just took out of the oven for me?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Already drooling..no matter the answer..you spoiled man you…

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Also been digging on Howard Portnoy.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Good deal!..HA has a very talented stable of writers in the Green Room!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Az, how we doing? I saw you going up against the Moby joana the other evening. Good times!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Error 404 – not found?

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Already drooling..no matter the answer..you spoiled man you…

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Your favorite even though they are the Ga variety, ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Error 404..Try it again..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I thought y-all knew that I don’t drink very much, but I’ll always clink my coca-cola …….;)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Error 404 – not found?

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I dunno why. Kiss. Parasite…a fave of mine.
Dedicated to Fluke and friends.

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Your favorite even though they are the Ga variety, ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

LOL, u read my comment. I will still take it. :)
You better give her a big kiss!

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Looks like things are back to normal over at Ace’s place!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

So Bammy says mitt will gut the middle class, doesn’t he realize the middle class has already been gutted???????……… Four more years and he will have gutted the upper class…..JERK….

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

bayview on June 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I think that’s what you were saying, and I absolutely agree with you. They are going to try one of those “who is the president of Upper Slobavia and how are you going to ensure that he and his country do not aid Lower Slobovia in acquiring access to Upper Slobovia’s primary export region? .. follow-up, exactly how large was Upper Slobovia’s export of their primary product during the last five years and do you think it should be banned to prevent global warming?”

If I were a betting man, my money would be on not seeing a single economy question and seeing only Bain Capital, rapacious capitalists or just greedy businessmen? and other gotcha questions.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Looks like things are back to normal over at Ace’s place!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Ace definitely has his moments where he confronts the void and shouts at the top of his lungs.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

*Clink* to the Coca Cola Mike.

I am out-time to get some sleep. Y’all take care.

Beaver..try a new lunch spot. :)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

So this time the Republicans are going to nominate a candidate who actually wants to win?

Good to know.

aunursa on June 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Well, to be fair to the Republicans and McCain, they didn’t expect to be running against the “candidate” the Democrats eventually nominated in ’08. They were assuming it would be Hillary.

She got blindsided by O’bama, and so did the GOP. One of these years we will hopefully find out who among the Hate America Leftist Power Brokers behind the curtain pulled the plug.

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Good Night rogerb, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good Night bazil9, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yeah, I think I was just a bit angered by the stupidity of the voters in my congressional district and did not appreciate the appearance of the smug Moby; I might have been a bit abrasive in my approach. :-)

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Well, PolAgnostic, I think he thinks I’m crazy. Can’t imagine why.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

*Clink* to the Coca Cola Mike.

I am out-time to get some sleep. Y’all take care.

Beaver..try a new lunch spot. :)

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Good night.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Dire
Did Bmore tell you if I ever get a H/A reincarnation I’ll come back as Angry Dave……;-)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

how are you going to ensure that he and his country do not aid Lower Slobovia

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Romney should go all Swift on them and say: “The problem is that upper Slobovia crack their eggs from the little end, when lower Slobovia prefers the big end, and therein lies the dilemma.”

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Sweet dreams Bazil9 ……..;-)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Given what the Romney campaign has shown since May 1st, I think they have already negotiated the content to be covered and have a fairly binding agreement with CBS.

That is how these things are done by the pro’s (i.e. most anybody BUT the McCain 2008 team).

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

:-)

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’ll come back as Angry Dave……;-)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

As long as you don’t come back as angryed, it’s all good.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

AZ federalist and john……..
Where the heck is Slobovia..?
Can’t find it on Google earth…….;)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well, PolAgnostic, I think he thinks I’m crazy. Can’t imagine why.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Did you invite him to come and play with your friends in the QOTD adult pool?

Or does he want to stay over in the abandoned wading pool so he feels like he is in charge?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I expect that as we draw closer to the election we will see many more trolls, probably paid, with handles and passwords being held now in reserve at some Media-Matters type boilerroom op. I don’t expect them to be any better than the ones we have now, just more of them.

slickwillie2001 on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I hear you!..Sometimes things can get out of control but sometimes the comments are/were hilarious!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Good deal..:)

PS..Try a little Crown in that Coke!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And no one can talk sense to an insufferable ass, of course
And especially, of course, if the insufferable ass is the famous Barack Obama
Go right to the source and ask the insufferable ass
He’ll give you the answer that deceivers will endorse
He’s always on a dissemblers course
Talk to Barack Obama

Barack Obama just yakkity yaks a streak and wastes your time of day
Does any sane person even believe anymore a single thing he has to say?
An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And this one’ll talk in prevaricating circles til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking insufferable ass?
Well, listen to this
He is Barack Obama!

Cheshire Cat on June 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

bazil9 on June 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Later!..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Well, PolAgnostic, I think he thinks I’m crazy. Can’t imagine why.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Did you invite him to come and play with your friends in the QOTD adult pool?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

No. He’s just not up to it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

You may be right. It’s still too early in the campaign for See-BS or the other networks to go full kamikaze on the Republican and violate any agreements. They still need the possibility of future appearances as the campaign heats up in order to keep up their pathetic ratings. The most they may be hoping for now would be a gaffe that they can then provide for the Obama campaign. So maybe we won’t see an overt gotcha session yet.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I heard that!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

slickwillie2001 on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Agreed, I was hoping for a little more back and forth with CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver so I could classify this one but he has backed off some since someone showed up who was willing to directly engage him.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

John the libertarian
I would never ever turn into a libtard just because I didn’t like the nominee, I’d need a lobotomie first….
I hope I spelled that right, not something I use very often …..

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

AZ federalist and john……..
Where the heck is Slobovia..?
Can’t find it on Google earth…….;)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well you are obviously not qualified to be President of this United States! :-)

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM