Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on June 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

A space of only five minutes revealed a lot about the aggressive new phase an increasingly confident Mitt Romney is entering.

In a poke at President Barack Obama, the Republican challenger timed a speech in Ohio on the economy to begin just minutes before his Democratic rival gave a major address on the same topic in the same battleground state…

Breaking from his habit of playing it safe with his media appearances, he will appear on CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday and is likely to speak to other television networks he has avoided in recent weeks.

***

Republican nominee Mitt Romney’s guerrilla tactics continued Thursday, as the campaign bus circled the venue where President Barack Obama will be speaking this afternoon.

As it passed the assembled throngs of supporters awaiting entry to the event at Cuyahoga Community College, the bus honked its horn dozens of times, before circling around to do it again. Obama supporters jeered and booed each time the bus passed the line outside of the security screening area…

An Obama campaign aide responded to the Romney effort saying “that’s not our style,” adding “campaigns are a reflection of the candidate.”

***

Talk about a venue change.

Fresh from giving an economic speech in the heart of the industrial Rust Belt, President Barack Obama headed to Manhattan’s Greenwich Village on Thursday to hold a big-dollar campaign fundraiser with rich donors at the home of “Sex and the City” actress Sarah Jessica Parker

During a speech at a community college in Cleveland, the president charged that Republican Mitt Romney, a multimillionaire private equity executive and former governor of Massachusetts, would hollow out the middle class.

The evening fundraiser, co-hosted by Parker’s husband, actor Matthew Broderick, and Vogue magazine editor Anna Wintour, was decidedly not a showcase of all things middle class. Tickets cost $40,000 and 50 people were expected to attend.

***

But there is one group of people Obama has to listen to: the people who give him large sums of money. He recently attended his 150th fundraiser. That’s more than the number attended by the last four presidents put together…

He’s also had plenty of chances to absorb the advice of the kind of rich liberals who like to give money to Democratic presidents. And the evidence that he has taken some of that advice is his initiatives on three controversial issues, each of which involves serious political risk…

The question is, is he listening to anyone else?

***

At DreamWorks Studios, Steven Spielberg spent three hours explaining how to capture an audience’s attention and offered a number of ideas that will be rolled out before Election Day. An early example of Spielberg’s influence is RomneyEconomics.com, a website designed by the Obama team to tell the story — a horror story, by their reckoning — of Mitt Romney’s career at Bain Capital. Afterward, Spielberg insisted that Messina sit down with the DreamWorks marketing team. Hollywood movie studios are expert, as presidential campaigns also must be, at spending huge sums over a few weeks to reach and motivate millions of Americans.

***

Prior to President Barack Obama’s marathon 54 minute speech in Ohio today, the Obama campaign sent our several statements promising the speech would be a major address framing the campaign going forward. Despite the hype, the speech was mainly a rehash of themes and ideas from the president’s recent stump speeches and his remarks were widely panned as overly long by the political press corps.

In the speech, President Obama outlined his view that this election is a choice between “two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take.” He characterized Mitt Romney’s vision as being the same as the “policies of the last decade,” specifically deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy while he described his own “vision for America” as boiling down to five things: “Education. Energy. Innovation. Infrastructure. And a tax code focused on American job creation and balanced deficit reduction.” President Obama also stressed that the economic crisis began during the Bush administration and that is “started growing again” after he took office and has since “continued to grow.”

All of these points have already been featured in the president’s other recent speeches. Between the pre-speech hype from the campaign, the lack of new material and the overall length of the speech reporters were clearly dissatisfied with end result.

***

“Now you may have heard that President Obama is on the other side of the state and he’s going to be delivering a speech on the economy. He’s doing that because he has not delivered a recovery for the economy,” Romney said during a speech in Cincinnati. “But don’t forget, he’s been president for three and a half years. And talk is cheap. Action speaks very loud.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

He can sink the economy and campaign and vacation a great deal
But taking any responsibly to him just does not appeal
He has less class than the back of a hack
When he morns for anyone but himself the tears run down his back
If he would just take responsibility sometime somewhere
The MSM frogs would probably give him the Croix-de-Guerre

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Agreed, I was hoping for a little more back and forth with CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver so I could classify this one but he has backed off some since someone showed up who was willing to directly engage him.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Maybe he has a weak bladder.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

November won’t be a cake walk and we can’t be complacent, but it is winnable.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

i’m happy for you to jump all over any pessimism. Maybe i’m just trying to brace myself.

Here’s the deal. Given obama’s clear cut state ‘capitalism’ boosterism I’d really like for him to be down by 5 to 10 points. I realize that there’s few political junkies in the world (like those of us on HA)…but still. CA is a trainwreck. Can people really be oblivious to europe? The Soviet union crashed and burned…the PRC evolved to some sort of semi-capitalist system…albeit with a Politburo. And i know that, as Rush says, to most people history begins the day they’re born.

Barry is preaching from an old hymnal…one that has been shown empirically not to work…why in the 21st century is this country still entranced by the old snake oil. I came of age in the carter era, Lester Thurow was pushing national industrial planning…and everyone loved Keynes.

i want the old tired relics of the 19th century dreams to be done and gone

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I’d need a lobotomie first….

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You described angryed perfectly.

Oh, and Slobovia is where all the slobs live.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

So maybe we won’t see an overt gotcha session yet.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

It should be interesting. One of the things not covered in those agreements is the candidate doing a “gotcha” to the talking head.

Romney: By the way, Bob. I just want to take a moment to congratulate Sharyl Atkisson and her team on their winning of the Murrow Award. It is a very prestigious award and it’s nice to see CBS, which was Murrow’s home, come out of its long slump in investigative journalism after the fiasco Dan Rather put it through.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

AZ federalist
Your right, I’ve had a job ALL my life…..;-)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

For a life-long con-man….li’l barry sure is lacking the basics:

Rule #1 – after you’ve maximized the sales of the snake-oil…..get the he11 out of Dodge before people start to see its effect.

Clinton understood this well and “pivoted”.

Obumbles just keeps dancin’ to that marxist melody.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Today with Marx he will brew, tomorrow with Engels he will bake
And then the hopes and dreams of millions, he will take
If not enough catch on to his sly little game
That Hussein Vissarionovich Obama is his real name!

Cheshire Cat on June 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Well it been fun, I gotsta turn in…..nite all…….;-)

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Clinton understood this well and “pivoted”.

Obumbles just keeps dancin’ to that marxist melody.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I was stunned that he didn’t pivot when he had the chance. Several chances. It all comes down to one metric: per capita disposable income. The U.S. tolerates its boom-and-bust economy as long as we can afford to purchase our treats from time to time. Obama doesn’t get this. He didn’t study economics. He’s in serious trouble.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

i want the old tired relics of the 19th century dreams to be done and gone

r keller on June 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Hear! Hear! Yeah, I don’t get how the stuff that didn’t work for FDR, didn’t work for Johnson, didn’t work for Carter, and isn’t working now still gets even a hearing let alone a seat at the table.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Good Night angrymike, Sleep Well. Stay in touch.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Why do you think this fellow is a troll? El Txangurro

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

angrymike on June 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

He’s in serious trouble.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I hope so!!..Obie’s downfall is his team!..They are absolutely horrible!..Not even close to Dubya’s team..Not even close!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Palin got Palinized before barky had a record. Mitt KNOWS what he is walking in to. I can’t believe I am actually saying that, I had no faith in the man. I thought he was McCain II. I don’t think so now. The dude is firing back at every word, effectively, in real time. And attacking. He wouldn’t have had to pay me to drive the bus.

wolly4321 on June 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Palin was also disarmed by being the running mate and so she had to play by the inane rules that John “My Friends” McCain thought would be his key to winning at best and not getting bad press at worst which of course failed as spectacularly as grabbing a small toy shovel and building a wall out of sand on the beach to keep the tide from coming in.

Romney at least seems to get that the media isn’t some neutral player in the game and that anything positive that they praise is merely a set up to either catch a Republican off guard later or to get them to disarm themselves and play by a set of rules the other side would never think of using themselves.

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

..JPetermen advised us to read the comments on the Chicago Tribune article and I did. They were virtually ALL negative. I was struck with this one:

David Oil at 10:49 PM June 14, 2012

This is really starting to get old. The only people left who still support Obama are the liberal Hollywood elites and fashionistas, and they are really fattening up his wallet. Don’t forget that any campaign donations he does not spend he gets to keep. Go on Hollywood, keep making Obama one of your own 1%!!

Is it November yet?

..can someone confirm or deny David Oil’s assertion? I think unspent funds (if any) revert to the DNC do they not?

The War Planner on June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

in the end ’twill be his vanity that cost him his job.

We’re all just damned lucky that he was inexperienced enough to piss away all of that political capital before the midterms.

We really dodged a bullet.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Very good points!..The scary thing is that we (USA) have almost reached the tipping point in that almost 50% do not pay for nothing or get a lot of free stuff..Once that gets to be a majority it will be very bad for our Republic and captialism..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Talk is cheap.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I think unspent funds (if any) revert to the DNC do they not?

The War Planner on June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Can we ask John Edwards???!!??..:):)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Good tune..This is for Obie’s speech..:)

PS..Excellent guitar!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Why do you think this fellow is a troll? El Txangurro

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I posted him here as a stright up liberal troll for his attitude up thread regarding Romney …

… in reality he could play out as a:

Moby – liberal troll pretending to be a conservative

Tantrum Voter – a self stated conservative who hates Romney for not being the EXACT candidate he demands Romeny should be

Oblamy – a self stated conservative/RINO who engages in the same behaviors as Obama (i.e. it’s always someone else’s fault, “I am the adult in this conversation, completely ignoring what someone actually says)

BTW, have you ever read Gorfdon R. Dickson’s “Tactics of Mistake”?

Do we count coup if it is a racist who get the hammer?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

The War Planner on June 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

From what I understand of campaign finance rules, he can keep that money even if when he loses the election. However, it must be used only for political campaigns, either future ones in which he would be the candidate (highly unlikely even for the narcissist Obama, you don’t lose the presidency, then run for a lower office) or for candidates you support. The latter is the likely scenario, that allows BHO to be a player even after getting booted for office by being able to fund those candidates he chooses to support.

I don’t think those funds can be used for his presidential library, but I could be wrong on that account.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Good tune..This is for Obie’s speech..:)

PS..Excellent guitar!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Hitting on all cylinders there my friend. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I worked with a client who was a complete horn dog and dragged me into strip clubs in the middle of the flippin’ day. There is nothing quite as pathetic and seedy as the midday stripping experience. Highly recommended.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I feel your pain. But why is it that when you learn that Jasmine’s real name is Jenny, we all feel a little like Forrest Gump?

TXUS on June 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Why do you think this fellow is a troll? El Txangurro

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

His up thread comments on Romney over there.

I posted him as a straight up liberal troll over here but he might turn out to be a moby, an oblamy or even a tantrum voter.

Do we get to count coup if it is a racist that gets the hammer?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I’d tag it and so would the very few hetros on here. Its so very few since most of you clowns are self hating closet cases, that’s why you hide behind all that religious garbage.

Your Mamma loves me on June 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Meanwhile my harmless comment gets deleted. WTF!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

..thanks, AZ and Mark (Dire). Here’s hoping Romney forces him to spend every last nickel and to go into debt. It’s be marvy to go to Chicago to see him and Moo-Chelle panhandling on the streets for chump change and sleeping on a steam grate.

The War Planner on June 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

tantrum voter.

Do we get to count coup if it is a racist that gets the hammer?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I’ve gone back thru some threads he has posted on previously. He may well dislike Rmoney™. But more than anything he sounds very frustrated that the Conservative movement is failing. I’ll have to wait and see on him. Don’t worry if you end up being correct, I’ll give you props. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

If he ever shows up here at QOTD we’ll test him with this.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Been a while on that one, Thanks. ; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I believe the funds may also be donated to charities, provided the donor doesn’t receive compensation from the recipient organization. Presidential Library Foundations are 501(c)(3) organizations (see p. 15, ¶2), and so, presumably as such, the Obama Presidential Library Foundation could receive Obama’s campaign surplus. If there is any. Holding more fund raisers than the last 5 Presidents combined, and needing more, the Obama campaign appears to manage money about as well as the Administration manages the federal budget.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

The racist was here:

and, if you please …

How do you go back and search for someone’s posts on previous threads?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

This is it in a nutshell. Very good post. Goodnight, my friend, and Bmore and everybody.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

The War Planner on June 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

It was/is nice to see Sheldon Adelson commit to helping Romney and the GOP!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

If he ever shows up here at QOTD we’ll test him with this.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Zee Zee! Good test!

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I believe the [surplus campaign] funds may also be donated to charities…

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Should have linked that statement.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Meanwhile my harmless comment gets deleted. WTF!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

lol….he’s part of our “hipper”, “edgier”, hot gas feel.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM

We need some bazil to spice up this thread. 4Grace too.

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

How do you go back and search for someone’s posts on previous threads?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Its easy, I have always done it when I want to see who someone is. I like to know who I dealing with. Just type HotAir (the commenters name), I use google, but I guess other search engines would work as well. You can be more specific if you add dates and such. The main reason for me to do searches is because I’m new here, so I didn’t know much about folks. Except for some of the good regulars. I had always kept up a little with the comment threads before signing on. Not as much as I do now, but enough to have a decent handle on who was who. Its how I judged whether or not someone was good for me to talk to.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Later JtL..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Exactly. And some smell like crap, and some smell like roses.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I don’t know about that one, pretty rare, rose flavored a-hole—other than Obamas according to his sychophants.

arnold ziffel on June 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Meanwhile my harmless comment gets deleted. WTF!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

You seem distraught. Would it comfort you to know that I taught my pet hermit crab to play frisbee golf?

Just trying to cheer you up with a dose of good news.

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

lol….he’s part of our “hipper”, “edgier”, hot gas feel.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I guess, maybe Allah was just cranky and mad e a mistake. He left me there for a few then came back to it. Then he deleted my comment someone had quoted. I really thought it was pretty innocuous comment. I mean I’m a guy who uses capitol i’s to say heII and HeIIfire. Go figure. Or maybe there is just no figuring sometimes. Hard to say when they don’t email you about it. Oh well, no biggy, more odd than anything really.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Just trying to cheer you up with a dose of good news.

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

You always cheer me up SparkPlug, don’t tell me you’ve been on that Fluke thread. LOL!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Good Night John, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Thanks for that bit of information.

AZfederalist on June 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Do we get to count coup if it is a racist that gets the hammer?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

(Waiting for the) Hammer to Fall.

Great excuse to post a great Queen song.

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I just happened to have a spare Obama Head lying around. I think I’ll put it on a stick. What else can you do with spare heads that are just lying around collecting dust when you just also happen to have a spare stick as well?

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Exactly. And some smell like crap, and some smell like roses.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

arnold ziffel on June 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

…I believe the quote was scented, not flavored…But hey whatever floats your boat.

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Meanwhile my harmless comment gets deleted. WTF!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I had a comment disappear after I hit the submit button for this thread.

Nothing in it was inappropriate, no links … just vapor

Maybe there is a ghost in the machine ….

……………………………..

“angryed, are you there?”

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Great excuse to post a great Queen song.

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

You have inspired me..This is another good song that reminds me of the Obie speech!!..:)

Awesome song!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I’m thinking Pinata, birthday party in July. Mexican food and other fun stuff.

arnold ziffel on June 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Dire, I’m glad you found it. Think of it as a safe house for when the emails pour in on us. LOL! Seriously though, don’t forget the technique for passing notes in class. And feel free to comment anytime. Or not, your choice, I know how you are. ; ) Any suggestions for improvement are always welcomed. I had originally done it like I said because of that time when predator got it. Then I was lazy and shy and didn’t until about the time cf got it. So its there. So I thought well I might as well do something with it. New paint, countertops, you know the basic fixer upper stuff. Then I got thinking well heII, might as well put some points of interest up. Start at the beginning if you have the interest and a chance and let me know what you think. Its safe. You know me Mr. Paranoid. Talk to ya tomorrow.

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Betenoire on June 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

lol x10, You got me for not paying attention. However, there are some out there who enjoy that delicacy. :)

arnold ziffel on June 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I’m thinking Pinata, birthday party in July. Mexican food and other fun stuff.

arnold ziffel on June 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Capital idea. I have a spare baseball bat and a 2 iron. I could club that head all over the neighborhood. Or rollit down the street like a bowling ball. I could get a spare with my spare Obama head, you know the one that just happened to be lying around.

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Send it to me. I have a perfectly good pike in my front yard that is not being used.

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Will do!!..Good luck with it friend!!..:)

PS..Later..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on June 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I missed something.Is the racist a yes or a no?

PolAgnostic on June 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

OT: Never gets old to me:

Barking Mad… St. Louis Animal Rights Protest Infiltrated By Obama Dog-Eating Signs

lol….Hoft over at gateway pundit.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

You would be surprised to discover all the fun things you can do if you happen to be a fortunate as I and be in possession of a spare Obama head.

In a few short minutes I have tied it to a pole to play a spirited game of tether ball. Of course my neighbor happened to have a spare Obama head lying around but wasn’t very imaginative and simply fed it into a wood chipper to make mulch. I guess he rather enjoyed doing that and made a video to relive that event.

SparkPlug on June 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

“During a speech at a community college in Cleveland,”

They should have written “During a rambling speech at a community college in Cleveland,”

crosspatch on June 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Meanwhile my harmless comment gets deleted. WTF!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Relax, dude. I saw that thread right after your “first” got the axe, when it was still up in the other guy’s quote.

I didn’t think it was that bad, personally, and when I realized your comment had been deleted, presumably by AP, my first thought was, “WTF does he expect when he posts a Fluke story? If he is going to censor stuff that mild, he is in for a busy night.”

Looks like he got tired of deleting stuff, because some of the later stuff was worse and stayed up. At least I think it did, but I haven’t been back there since much earlier.

To get the hammer you have to do something really egregious or make a serial pest out of yourself. If you are here long enough, and you ain’t Cindy Munford, there is a good chance you will get “moderated” sooner or later.

novaculus on June 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

If Mittens runs his campaign OPPOSITE of what John McCain did, he should do OK…

Khun Joe on June 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

…thread died…and then comes the morning crew..
can’t close up…never up this late/early…

KOOLAID2 on June 15, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Just dropping by for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on June 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Obumbles just keeps dancin’ to that marxist melody.

Tim_CA on June 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You know how you get a tune playing in your head and it seems to stay there all day? Try a lifetime of the same melody, constantly with no respite. No wonder he’s deranged. I feel badly for the guy…honest…no, really.

SKYFOX on June 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Busy at work…making a pit stop myself…

lovingmyUSA on June 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM

SKYFOX…must be why his ears are so big–having that ear worm must s*ck bigtime…

lovingmyUSA on June 15, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Zing! Ouch, that’ll leave a mark for days :-)

MJBrutus on June 15, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Morning people.

Moaning Joe panel: “It’s frustrating! All Mitt Rommey wants to do is talk about how bad things are under Obama! He won’t talk about himself!”

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM

All Scarborough does is yell. The other people on the panel wince and look away. I can see why the ratings suck. Who wants to wake to a screaming pompous ass. I’d bet my bottom dollar NBC execs aren’t happy at all with him. I promise he has been yelling for 2 hours.

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM

What’s frustrating them is the fact that they can’t deny just how much Obama’s performance has sucked and, apparently, Romney isn’t giving them the opportunity to engage in the last refuge of scoundrels- character assassination.

Happy Nomad on June 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Good Morning…sorry I’m late to the party…what did I miss?

cmsinaz on June 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Happy Nomad on June 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM

THIS

a little envy of the mitt campaign me thinks?

alot of whining this am for sure….and mika trying to pump the blame bush meme but is sad because people realize it’s not his fault after 3 years of dear leader

cmsinaz on June 15, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Good morning! I turned it off when they welcomed that little creep Chris Hayes to the panel. Just clicked back and they’re rehashing Watergate.

Fast and Furious? Not newsworthy, apparently.

Naturally Curly on June 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM

The AP reports that Obama told the assembled hoi polloi last night that they are the final arbiters of what direction the country takes.

Spit.

Naturally Curly on June 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Did y’all see the Moaning Joe panel trying to put Ohio in Obama’s column? “The Governor there (Kasich) is SO unpopular.” Now mind you, they have had a nice recovery with him in office. Pretend the Wisconsin drubbing had never happened two weeks ago. “Oh, Wisconsin is in Obama’s column. The Governor there is so unpopular.”

UpChuck Todd on new polls showing Romney tied in Michigan: “Not very believable.”

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM

How can Hollywood people be so stupid? I know some of them come from Hollywood families and are therefore steeped in stupid, but some stars grew up with somewhat normal backgrounds in other states. What happens when you get there that makes you so oblivious to real life? They say they care about the poor, but they endorse policies that destroy the chances of anyone who aspires to crawl out of poverty. I guess I’ll never understand how people think.

TXMomof3 on June 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Fast and Furious? Not newsworthy, apparently.

Naturally Curly on June 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM

it boggles the mind…you would think the msdnc crew would out there defending their buddy holder…

cmsinaz on June 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM

he’s an idiot…he also says colorado is in the bag for dear leader….i do hope ohioans realize their state is better because of the governor and not dear leader…

cmsinaz on June 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM

During a speech at a community college in Cleveland, Before heading off to yet another $40,000-a-ticket fundraiser in the multimillion-dollar home of some of his multimillionaire liberal elite supporters, the multimillionaire president charged that Republican Mitt Romney, a multimillionaire private equity executive and former governor of Massachusetts, would hollow out the middle class.

Edited for accuracy.

AZCoyote on June 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

chris hayes says conor friesdorf is a “center right” writer. LOL LOL.

renalin on June 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Morning people.

Marcus on June 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Pretty soon they are going to be mad at Romney because he wants to win the election.

THE HORROR!

gophergirl on June 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I gotta say, Romney is VERY effective on the stump. He has a folksy delivery and seems sincere. He makes sense at an intuitive level.

Obama is strained, and his logic forced. He grates on the spirit. This will get worse as he gets more desperate.

Romney is turning out to be a far more formidable candidate than most, Dems and Pubs alike, had anticipated. At this point, everything’s coming up roses.

May the Lord keep watch over a nation in desperate need.

paul1149 on June 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Spielberg is one of the reasons we don’t go to movies anymore. The other reason being that movies just aren’t very entertaining. The press should really be in the dumps if Oblamo starts giving 3 hour, then 5 hour speeches like Castro used to. Is Prezzy Fair Shot biting his lower lip?

Kissmygrits on June 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Obama is style over substance.

kingsjester on June 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM

It’s past time for Romney to start listing the specific spending programs and regulations that are killing this economy. He can start with Obamacare, which 75% of small businesses have said influenced their decision to not hire.

He can list the incredible waste, like that trillion dollar political slush fund known as stimulous.

He can talk about shutting down off-shore drilling and Interior land grabs and pure Keystone Cops leadership cleaning up the oil spill and rejecting the Keystone Pipeline.

Noone points out–not even the pundits–the 20% across the board increase in federal spending and the 150% increase for the facist EPA.

The socialist president and his cronies are shutting down lemonade stands and prohibiting big gulps while the Senate fiddles and Obama golfs.

Oh, and about it’s all Bush’s fault. Why are Republicans pointing out that Bush managed to keep unemployment very low even with the massive destruction of a Pearl-Harbor hit on the US and Katrina. The financial meltdown was a result of the steak dinner the Democrats ordered during the Clinton Administration—everyone should own a home even if you don’t have a job.

The specifics of this disaster are clearly identifyable and it’s waaaaay past time for Romney and the PACs to start using them. The average American has a lamentably short memory.

Portia46 on June 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Portia46 on June 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

The Prezzy is actually banking on people not remembering who controlled Congress the last 2 years of Bush and painting the whole 8 years as a failure when only the last year was bad.

Without ignorance Democrats would never get elected.

Wagthatdog on June 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM

what kind of music do you fancy? If any at all?

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Outlaw country. And if it still matters in the least, I’ve been listening to James McMurtry’s “Choctaw Bingo” over and over lately.

And yep, he’s the son of the “Lonesome Dove” fame McMurtry.

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

rogerb on June 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Good tune!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM

rogerb I like this one too. It was on the same page as the one you posted. Funny!

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Well, as long as posting tunes before noon is cool: a salute to yesterday’s Obama reboot/repeat/reset/regurgitate speech.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

; )

Bmore on June 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Obama doesn’t get this. He didn’t study economics. He’s in serious trouble.

John the Libertarian on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Obama is a true believer. He has a religious devotion to government. No facts, no experience, no consequences will shake him from his ideology. He is the opposite of pragmatic. He is a theorist with a bogus doctrine. That is why he is incapable of changing, adapting, compromising or learning.

MJBrutus on June 16, 2012 at 5:49 AM